PDA

View Full Version : Elections Have you (or will you) donated time to a candidate this year?

healthpellets
08-27-2010, 11:08 AM
just wondered what the average involvement is around here.

HonestChieffan
08-27-2010, 11:32 AM
Time and money

BucEyedPea
08-27-2010, 12:37 PM
Did during the 2008 primary but my daughter needs me this year more so no.

fan4ever
08-27-2010, 12:56 PM
just wondered what the average involvement is around here.

I picketed Harry Mitchell's headquarters about 7 months ago; that's donating time, right? Spent about $10 on my sign.

Ended up getting flipped off by an old lady in a Prius. All my sign said was "Higher Employment, Not Higher Taxes". Busted out laughing when she did it. Considering some of the other signs that were there, mine was remarkably tame...besides, who could take offense to that???

Oh yeah.

Radar Chief
08-27-2010, 01:07 PM
Nope.

Rain Man
08-27-2010, 08:11 PM
I've never been involved in politics before, but this year I'm going to volunteer for the candidate running against Larry Pace, the brain-dead county commissioner of western Adams County. I don't even live in the county, but that guy needs to be replaced so badly that I can't stand by as a citizen and see him suck down doughnuts for another few years. Plus, it looks like there's a pretty good and qualified candidate running against him in Erik Hansen.

alnorth
08-27-2010, 09:43 PM
no, I occasionally give money. Time is for old retired people and young idealistic college kids who have not yet been disappointed by hack politicians they voted for.

BucEyedPea
08-27-2010, 11:25 PM
no, I occasionally give money. Time is for old retired people and young idealistic college kids who have not yet been disappointed by hack politicians they voted for.

ROFL