PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs 14 of 23 for 85 fucking yards?

Pages : [1] 2

Hammock Parties
08-27-2010, 08:26 PM
Are we playing it close to the vest or are we going to keep Cassel on the NFL's shortest leash all season long?

I sincerely hope it's the former, because the latter will be a bunch of bullshit.

BTAU
08-27-2010, 08:27 PM
Flea flicker batted down at the line says all you need to know.

dirk digler
08-27-2010, 08:27 PM
He sucks /thread

OnTheWarpath15
08-27-2010, 08:38 PM
Fuck, I knew I shouldn't have checked in.

Is this game worth catching in 20 minutes?

keg in kc
08-27-2010, 08:38 PM
****, I knew I shouldn't have checked in.

Is this game worth catching in 20 minutes?Fast forward through the first quarter.

OnTheWarpath15
08-27-2010, 08:39 PM
Fast forward through the first quarter.

That bad?

Buck
See how he does against the Chargers. The Saints absolutely destroyed the Chargers secondary tonight.

Chiefs Rool
but he threw that 5 yard TD pass to BOWE!!!

I really hate that we traded a 2nd rounder and signed him to a $60 million deal. Isnt there some way to void his contract so we don't get into cap hell because of him?

keg in kc
That bad?Yes.

Second and third quarters were almost as good as the first was bad, however.

Hammock Parties
08-27-2010, 08:40 PM

Yeah, they put drives together. I'm excited to watch it on the tape delay.

But, damn. Why did they fire Herm Edwards, again?

DeezNutz
Some bright spots on defense.

Chiefs Rool
See how he does against the Chargers. The Saints absolutely destroyed the Chargers secondary tonight.

ya, we're not the saints

dirk digler
08-27-2010, 08:41 PM

If you feel like kicking your dog it is.

DeezNutz

How well does your defensive line defend the pass?

OnTheWarpath15
Some bright spots on defense.

Let me guess, Berry, Flowers and Carr?

OnTheWarpath15
If you feel like kicking your dog it is.

LMAO

The dogs are upstairs with the wife.

DeezNutz
08-27-2010, 08:42 PM
Let me guess, Berry, Flowers and Carr?

Studebaker, Lewis, and Berry.

-King-
08-27-2010, 08:42 PM

And D. Williams.

OnTheWarpath15
08-27-2010, 08:43 PM

Who was Studebaker playing in place of, and was it against Philly's 1's?

-King-

I really hate that we traded a 2nd rounder and signed him to a $60 million deal. Isnt there some way to void his contract so we don't get into cap hell because of him?

The deal is structured to how we dont have to worry about him fucking up the cap.

QuikSsurfer

I mean... Brees is their qb...

-King-
08-27-2010, 08:44 PM

Yep, against the ones. Playing LOLB.

DeezNutz

Broke-dick. Yes.

QuikSsurfer
And D. Williams.

Yup. Williams had a GREAT night.

OnTheWarpath15
Yep, against the ones. Playing LOLB.

Vrabel sat tonight?

the Talking Can
08-27-2010, 08:47 PM
studebaker isn't just a white hero either, a la boerigter...

he has some real skills...he was getting doubled and still getting around corners

guy is relentless and fast for his size

-King-
08-27-2010, 08:47 PM
Vrabel sat tonight?

He didn't play as much. Basically only came in on nickel sets and a few plays here and there. But Stude and Sheffield were taking the most plays.

Buck
08-27-2010, 08:48 PM
I mean... Brees is their qb...

I should have clarified that our DBs were like 5-10 yards off the receivers every time. Our DBs played like shit.

the Talking Can
Vrabel sat tonight?

i think he may have started, but studebaker was in early and consistently once we started dominating...i also saw vrabel on the inside at least once

OnTheWarpath15
He didn't play as much. Basically only came in on nickel sets and a few plays here and there. But Stude and Sheffield were taking the most plays.

Good. Hopefully that trend continues in the regular season.

notorious
Philly isn't a physical team, so our defense pretty much dominated.

When we face a team that will run it down our throat relentlessly, I will be worried.

dirk digler
08-27-2010, 08:49 PM
LMAO

The dogs are upstairs with the wife.

Then you are good.

Seriously the first quarter is probably the worst quarter of football I have seen the Chiefs play in awhile.

OnTheWarpath15
08-27-2010, 08:51 PM
So basically, it sounds like the QB play was more of the same, and the defense stepped it up a notch tonight.

That, or Philly didn't bother to try to establish the run, and Kolb shit down his leg.

I hope it's that guys stepped up.

OnTheWarpath15
Then you are good.

Seriously the first quarter is probably the worst quarter of football I have seen the Chiefs play in awhile.

Jesus.

Hammock Parties
Philly isn't a physical team, so our defense pretty much dominated.

When we face a team that will run it down our throat relentlessly, I will be worried.

BS.

Give credit where due. Last year Philly raped us.

dirk digler
08-27-2010, 08:52 PM
So basically, it sounds like the QB play was more of the same, and the defense stepped it up a notch tonight.

That, or Philly didn't bother to try to establish the run, and Kolb shit down his leg.

I hope it's that guys stepped up.

Outside of the first series on D after the fumble the D played great.

I don't know if I should spoil it for you but we needed a half a yard for a first down and our HOF QB can't even sneak that...

QuikSsurfer
08-27-2010, 08:52 PM
I should have clarified that our DBs were like 5-10 yards off the receivers every time. Our DBs played like shit.

I'm watching the Saints game (the only team we get in my area) and Brees was ridiculously sharp. He was making some impossible throws tonight.

keg in kc
08-27-2010, 08:53 PM
So basically, it sounds like the QB play was more of the same, and the defense stepped it up a notch tonight.Unfortunately the defense was every bit as pitiful as the offense early on. The Philly touchdown came on an 18-yard run and the field goal came after an extremely long (15-20 play, 7+ minute) drive. The first quarter was basically a shit sandwich.

Both units seemed to turn it on at about the same time.

OnTheWarpath15
08-27-2010, 08:54 PM
Unfortunately the defense was every bit as pitiful as the offense early on. The Philly touchdown came on an 18-yard run and the field goal came after an extremely long (15-20 play, 7+ minute) drive. The first quarter was basically a shit sandwich.

Both units seemed to turn it on at about the same time.

I trust your opinion, so...

Did they "turn it on" or did Philly help them out by playing poorly?

Or a combination of both?

7:00 to finding out for myself, but I'd still like to hear your thoughts.

DeezNutz
08-27-2010, 08:55 PM
LMAO at dirk in full Cassel meltdown mode tonight.

Look at what you've done to digler, you worthless sack of fucking shit!!!!!!!!

OnTheWarpath15
08-27-2010, 08:56 PM

Yeah, I figured Cassel's play was more of the same based on the thread title and Dirk's responses.

LMAO

Can we just run the ball every down?

-King-
08-27-2010, 08:57 PM

They turned it on. The blitzes they ran were beautiful. And the secondary was fucking great.

dirk digler
08-27-2010, 08:58 PM

I have had it with noodle arm. I would rather watch them trot out Tyler Palko.

dirk digler
08-27-2010, 08:59 PM
Yeah, I figured Cassel's play was more of the same based on the thread title and Dirk's responses.

LMAO

Laugh now but you won't be soon enough

DeezNutz

LMAO

We do, essentially.

It reminds me of Reid's philosophy of the short pass being the equivalent of a run. The play calling demonstrates absolutely no faith in Cassel to do anything with the football.

3 steps and out. 3 steps and out. At several points, Green even noted that Cassel had ___ on a 12-yard curl, but opted to go with the safe pass. Gave some feint praise about not pressing the ball down the field. Yeah, it sounded about as half-hearted as it reads.

the Talking Can

hte defense turned it on

they got all over Kolb, Crennel called lots of excellent blitzes and even the DL was solid - not great - but not getting destroyed...and they couldn't handle studebaker

the back 4 were great, and Berry you could literally see the light bulb go off in his head...

best safety play i've seen in years....they closed on plays with speed and authority...

i'd be freaking out if i were a eagles fan

keg in kc
08-27-2010, 09:00 PM

7:00 to finding out for myself, but I'd still like to hear your thoughts.I don't think Philly was playing poorly, but I was listening more than watching.

The turnaround point was a Philly delay of game call on a KC punt with the Chiefs trailing 10-0. It was one of those plays where somebody on the return team juked the kicking team into a false start, and KC had less than 5 yards to go. After that, the offense, which had done absolutely nothing for the entire game to that point (I'm not sure they'd even gotten a first down yet, maybe one), went down the field and scored. They later scored another TD to take a 14-10 lead.

The defense had been run over on that long drive, but seemed solid after that. I think the offense sustaining a drive and actually scoring might have been a part of that. It doesn't help when you start the game with a short field the way they did...

Marcellus
08-27-2010, 09:01 PM

LMAO

Cassel was bad early. Kolb was bad the whole game.

OnTheWarpath15
08-27-2010, 09:01 PM
Just came on.

Nice crowd.

DeezNutz
08-27-2010, 09:02 PM
Just came on.

Nice crowd.

You have company?

Really dude, TMI.

OnTheWarpath15
08-27-2010, 09:03 PM
You have company?

Really dude, TMI.

Ba-dum, bum.

-King-
08-27-2010, 09:04 PM
Not here nor there, but Lewis got GREAT depth on his INT. Great play by him.

the Talking Can
08-27-2010, 09:04 PM
Cassel was bad early. Kolb was bad the whole game.

with the exception of the TD drive - where he threw what should have been a second terrible int - i thought he was pretty bad all night

he is not confident in his reads over 10 yards, hence holding the ball...

we looked like a west coast offense..swing pass, run, swing pass, run, 8 yard crossing pattern, run, run, swing pass, swing pass

i realize i'm a hater, but he didn't give me any confidence

OnTheWarpath15
08-27-2010, 09:05 PM
Awesome start.

LMAO

keg in kc
08-27-2010, 09:05 PM
Awesome start.

LMAOSee what I mean about fast forwarding.

Spoiler!: there's an interception coming, too!

Awesome first quarter.

I almost turned it off.

Bad sign when you're thinking about turning off games in the first quarter before the season even starts. ROFL

OnTheWarpath15
08-27-2010, 09:06 PM
Holy shit, Berry laying wood early.

dirk digler
08-27-2010, 09:06 PM
You can't get any worse when you don't complete a pass until the 2nd quarter and can't sneak a half yard for a first down.

OnTheWarpath15
08-27-2010, 09:07 PM
See what I mean about fast forwarding.

Spoiler!: there's an interception coming, too!

Awesome first quarter.

I almost turned it off.

Bad sign when you're thinking about turning off games in the first quarter before the season even starts. ROFL

Holy shit. Nice run defense.

DeezNutz
I'm tired of this "hater" shit. Let's just say the truth. He ****ing sucks, and that's why we have no confidence.

Yeah, the bitch can throw a 5-yard pass. That's fine, but it leaves us with very, very little margin for error, and defenses are going to ****ing adjust pretty quickly.

And all the "line is bad" shit can stuff it, too. Even when he has plenty of time, Cassel's amazing lack of instincts causes him to turn an ordinary situation into a cluster****.

Hammock Parties
Well, I don't like to overreact over preseason.

The bottom line is this though: we are going nowhere with this style of quarterback play.

OnTheWarpath15
08-27-2010, 09:08 PM
Three total plays, 7-0.

Good times.

And I have a hunch it gets worse.

milkman
08-27-2010, 09:09 PM
Holy shit, Berry laying wood early.

He did.
But he also over ran the back on the TD run.

dirk digler
I'm tired of this "hater" shit. Let's just say the truth. He ****ing sucks, and that's why we have no confidence.

Yeah, the bitch can throw a 5-yard pass. That's fine, but it leaves us with very, very little margin for error, and defenses are going to ****ing adjust pretty quickly.

And all the "line is bad" shit can stuff it, too. Even when he has plenty of time, Cassel's amazing lack of instincts causes him to turn an ordinary situation into a cluster****.

I agree. He had plenty of time several times and shit his pants. He sucks we all know it so I don't get why anyone would want to debate this.

milkman

Hater.

OnTheWarpath15
He did.
But he also over ran the back on the TD run.

Yep.

OnTheWarpath15
08-27-2010, 09:10 PM
:facepalm:

Cassel.

Sam Hall
08-27-2010, 09:11 PM
I've been on the wide receiver bandwagon for the first round of next year's draft. But I've changed my mind. Jake Locker, Andrew Luck and Ryan Mallett look really good right about now. Sadly, I don't think Pioli will admit he made a mistake with Cassel.

keg in kc
And all the "line is bad" shit can stuff it, too. Even when he has plenty of times, Cassel's amazing lack of instincts causes him to turn an ordinary situation into a cluster****.I don't think it has to be an either/or thing. To me, the line in a way is a completely separate issue from Cassel. There are still way too many plays where defenders are arriving in the backfield a fraction of a second behind the snap. And not just passing plays.

the Talking Can
Well, I don't like to overreact over preseason.

The bottom line is this though: we are going nowhere with this style of quarterback play.

that should be painfully obvious

we're going to kill our RBs this year

DeezNutz
Hater.

Admittedly, I truly despise him as a player. To this end, I dislike all similarly shitty players.

I even found myself beginning to hate the fans who were wearing his jersey in the stands.

Deberg_1990
08-27-2010, 09:12 PM
Tonights game reminded me a little of the Martyball era.....Solid D, Solid run game, horrible QB play.....

OnTheWarpath15
08-27-2010, 09:13 PM

You mean like the 2nd play of the 2nd series, when he had a shit-ton of time, should have stepped up in the pocket and gotten rid of it, only to get stripped?

DeezNutz
I don't think it has to be an either/or thing. To me, the line in a way is a completely separate issue from Cassel. There are still way too many plays where defenders are arriving in the backfield a fraction of a second behind the snap. And not just passing plays.

And I hate that you quoted my post before my edit.

(and I agree that the line still needs improvement).

Pasta Little Brioni

They both have been very subpar.

OnTheWarpath15
HOLY FUCK, A SACK!

DeezNutz
You mean like the 2nd play of the 2nd series, when he had a shit-ton of time, should have stepped up in the pocket and gotten rid of it, only to get stripped?

"He was traumatized by the line play last year!!!"

dirk digler
08-27-2010, 09:14 PM

You aren't laughing now are you? :)

DeezNutz
08-27-2010, 09:15 PM
They both have been very subpar.

Agree with that. But Cassel makes a sub-par line look worse. Bizarro franchise QB.

the Talking Can
08-27-2010, 09:15 PM
the OL needs help, no doubt

but $63 mill franchise QBs are supposed to make plays and make people around them better

Cassel makes everyone around him worse

Pasta Little Brioni
08-27-2010, 09:16 PM
Herm would love Cassel and this style of passing game.

OnTheWarpath15
08-27-2010, 09:17 PM
Herm would love Cassel and this style of passing game.

I honestly think Herm aired the ball out* more than we have this year.

*By "aired the ball out," I mean threw the ball more than 10 yards.

the Talking Can

but $63 mill franchise QBs are supposed to make plays and make people around them better

and that includes Weis

Deberg_1990

Bradford looked just fine behind an "alledged" bad line last night. :)

Molitoth
Fuck you Romeo Crennel.

Sweet Daddy Hate
Good. Hopefully that trend continues in the regular season.
Amen.

DeezNutz
There isn't a QB in the league who couldn't execute our passing "attack."

Pasta Little Brioni
08-27-2010, 09:18 PM
I honestly think Herm aired the ball out more than we have this year.

3 yards and a cloud of dust is supposed to refer to running the football :mad:

-King-
08-27-2010, 09:18 PM
LMAO @ Us losing.

Hammock Parties
08-27-2010, 09:19 PM
There isn't a QB in the league who couldn't execute our passing "attack."

But there are several punters...

OnTheWarpath15
08-27-2010, 09:19 PM
Even Trent is saying that Cassel is holding the ball too long.

And he does it again, only to make a piss-poor decision.

Bad throw, bad decision. Brokeaki didn't have much of a chance, that was WAY behind him.

OnTheWarpath15
08-27-2010, 09:21 PM
Bradford looked just fine behind an "alledged" bad line last night. :)

That dude was winging it to guys like Danny fucking Amendola, and had a spectacular game.

This excuse for Cassel about a "lack of talent" surrounding him is just that:

An excuse.

Ebolapox

you are such a goddamned fucktard.

1) salary cap? when you're 40 million under the cap, it's almost impossible to 'go into cap hell.'

2) have you paid NO attention to the NFL collective bargaining issue at hand? there is no salary cap. we can sign your dumb ass to a five dollar contract, cut you, and face no salary cap implications.

milkman
Even Trent is saying that Cassel is holding the ball too long.

And he does it again, only to make a piss-poor decision.

Bad throw, bad decision. Brokeaki didn't have much of a chance, that was WAY behind him.

If this were the regilar season, Moeaki would be charged with a drop.

OnTheWarpath15
08-27-2010, 09:23 PM
If this were the regilar season, Moeaki would be charged with a drop.

Which is why the drop stat is fucking retarded.

Shag
Berry all over the place early. Should have had a pick in the middle of the 1Q, though...

OnTheWarpath15
Nice closing speed by Berry there, but Kolb never should have thrown that.

Deberg_1990
That dude was winging it to guys like Danny ****ing Amendola, and had a spectacular game.

This excuse for Cassel about a "lack of talent" surrounding him is just that:

An excuse.

Exactly.....Good QB's make everyone else around them better.

Bad QB's makes everyone start looking for excuses.....Its ridiculous......I wonder how long Haley will stick with this turd? Until it costs him his job???

dirk digler
08-27-2010, 09:24 PM
But there are several punters...

You could probably execute this offense.

OnTheWarpath15
08-27-2010, 09:24 PM
Vrabel made a play. Holy shit.

-King-
08-27-2010, 09:25 PM
I stand by what I said about Kolb...he will never be as good as mcNabb

OnTheWarpath15
08-27-2010, 09:25 PM
And then we get gashed on 4th down.

D'oh.

milkman
08-27-2010, 09:26 PM
You could probably execute this offense.

Many of us would like to try.

Oh.......wait.......you mean.....

Never mind.

milkman

I wholeheartedly disagree.

OnTheWarpath15
Many of us would like to try.

Oh.......wait.......you mean.....

Never mind.

LMAO

Deberg_1990
08-27-2010, 09:27 PM

Who knows? Dude had a bad night, but i still like him alot.

OnTheWarpath15
08-27-2010, 09:28 PM
We have NINE total yards.

ROFL

OnTheWarpath15
08-27-2010, 09:28 PM
Is Philly giving McCoy the rest of the night off?

OnTheWarpath15
08-27-2010, 09:29 PM
Wow, Flowers got away with PI there.

OnTheWarpath15
08-27-2010, 09:30 PM
Is Philly giving McCoy the rest of the night off?

Guess not.

dirk digler
08-27-2010, 09:31 PM
Just so I can torture myself again I am watching the replay.

I thought Dorsey was improving yet he runs right by the RB with his head up his ass. That play really frustrated me.

-King-
I wholeheartedly disagree.

Who knows? Dude had a bad night, but i still like him alot.

He hasn't really shown shit this off season that says that he's improving. I just don't see it.

OnTheWarpath15
You have got to be shitting me.

That's why all this talk of "pressure" is fucking bullshit.

Finish the play.

-King-
08-27-2010, 09:33 PM
You have got to be shitting me.

That's why all this talk of "pressure" is fucking bullshit.

Finish the play.

ROFL I don't even have to watch to know what you're talking about. That play made my jaw drop.

milkman
08-27-2010, 09:34 PM
He hasn't really shown shit this off season that says that he's improving. I just don't see it.

I saw a lot of good things against Jax(?), making plays under pressure.

OnTheWarpath15
08-27-2010, 09:34 PM
Wow.

McCoy scores on that screen had Kolb not "Croyle'd" it over there.

10-0.

Yep, the defense looks awesome.

OnTheWarpath15
08-27-2010, 09:39 PM
Good blocking by the return unit.

Fuck, Eddie Drummond would have looked good with that blocking.

Oh, and bye Herron.

milkman
That's a hell of a run there by Charles.

OnTheWarpath15
14 minutes in, first 1st down.

w00t.

OnTheWarpath15
08-27-2010, 09:40 PM
That's a hell of a run there by Charles.

And a hell of a whiff by Castille.

milkman
08-27-2010, 09:41 PM
14 minutes in, first 1st down.

w00t.

What?

Too early?

milkman
08-27-2010, 09:41 PM
And a hell of a whiff by Castille.

Yep.

OnTheWarpath15
08-27-2010, 09:42 PM
What?

Too early?

Well, yeah - compared to what I'm used to.

LMAO

08-27-2010, 09:42 PM
Cassel sucks. End of story.

OnTheWarpath15
08-27-2010, 09:44 PM
Holy shit, Cassel.

Cole should have picked that off, and it might have been picked even if Cole wasn't there. The route was in the process of getting jumped.

Exactly why some of us have been saying we need to be able to stretch the field a bit. 3rd and 2 and Philly knew we were running nothing but 3 yard routes.

milkman
08-27-2010, 09:45 PM
Holy shit, Cassel.

Cole should have picked that off, and it might have been picked even if Cole wasn't there. The route was in the process of getting jumped.

Exactly why some of us have been saying we need to be able to stretch the field a bit. 3rd and 2 and Philly knew we were running nothing but 3 yard routes.

Gotta lay some blame on B-Rich.

Total whiff.

OnTheWarpath15
08-27-2010, 09:46 PM

Total whiff.

Cassel was going there regardless.

Good play by Carr there.

milkman
08-27-2010, 09:47 PM
Alright.

Nice work by Carr there.

the Talking Can
M. Cassel 14/23 85yards 1td 1int 64.6 QB rating

dirk digler

Total whiff.

I wouldn't call it a whiff he never even attempted or looked at him.

Ugly Duck
Unbelievably even game stats on ESPN: http://espn.go.com/nfl/boxscore?gameId=300827012

Thats some kinda mistake, eh? 3rd down efficiency is the one & only stat that differs from the Eagles. WTF?

milkman
08-27-2010, 09:48 PM
Cassel was going there regardless.

Good play by Carr there.

I get that.

But I'm trying to be fair.

Maybe if he has time, he has the chance to reconsider that pass.

OnTheWarpath15
M. Cassel 14/23 85yards 1td 1int 64.6 QB rating

Dear God.

He hasn't broken the 250 yard mark in 6 quarters of play.

Mecca
What I've learned in preseason is Dexter McCluster needs to learn the awareness of when guys are coming..he's taken a big shot in every game so far..

If this continues into the regular season when he's playing entire games he's never going to play a full season or even last 5 seasons in the league.

milkman
08-27-2010, 09:49 PM
I wouldn't call it a whiff he never even attempted or looked at him.

Looked like he simply missed his assignment altogether.

OnTheWarpath15
I get that.

But I'm trying to be fair.

Maybe if he has time, he has the chance to reconsider that pass.

Do you think he even realized there was pressure?

Seemed like he was going there right away to me. But I only watched it at full speed.

OnTheWarpath15
17 minutes in, first completion.

:doh!:

Mecca
08-27-2010, 09:50 PM
Dear God.

He hasn't broken the 250 yard mark in 6 quarters of play.

Before the game he had 20 competions for 150 yards...you'd like to think your QB could average 7-10 yards a completion..he's getting further away from it.

Chiefs Pantalones
I don't think we'll know the real Matt Cassel until our Oline plays better. JMO, but it's not all Cassel in all honesty. It's fun to make fun of him but realistically we won't know what he has to offer fully until our line plays better.

Sweet Daddy Hate
I wonder what Just Passing Gas thinks of all this?

OnTheWarpath15
Really?

A fucking sneak?

dirk digler
08-27-2010, 09:51 PM
Looked like he simply missed his assignment altogether.

I agree. If he whiffed he would have at least made an attempt.

milkman
08-27-2010, 09:51 PM
Looks like Horne can play a little special teams.

dirk digler
08-27-2010, 09:52 PM
I don't think we'll know the real Matt Cassel until our Oline plays better. JMO, but it's not all Cassel in all honesty. It's fun to make fun of him but realistically we won't know what he has to offer fully until our line plays better.

This is a joke right?

Mecca

No line is going to change that he's not accurate, doesn't have pocket awareness and just takes a lot of sacks.

You can live with that with some guys like Roethlisberger because he makes plays, what plays is Cassel making to say ok we'll live with his sacks?

milkman
Really?

A ****ing sneak?

At least he didn't have another chance to make another throw short of the marker.

OnTheWarpath15
08-27-2010, 09:53 PM

Bullshit.

Roethlisberger won a SB behind one of the worst OL's in recent memory.

Aaron Rodgers was sacked 50 fucking times last year.

Sam fucking Bradford looked like a fucking Pro Bowler against a solid defense last night, playing with an average line and absolutely no weapons other than S-Jax.

Enough with the fucking excuses.

OnTheWarpath15
08-27-2010, 09:54 PM
Hey, another sack - although an old lady in a wheelchair could have gotten that one.

Thank the DB's, Stude.

Chiefs Pantalones
08-27-2010, 09:54 PM
This is a joke right?

So you think it's fair to put it all on Cassel? Do you see how much pressure he gets? I'm not saying he's innocent lol no way I'm just saying it's not all him and we won't know until the line plays better. The line is just too inconsistent. Hopefully it gets better in time.

dirk digler
08-27-2010, 09:55 PM
The one good thing about this game besides the play of the D is how well Arenas and McCluster do in the return game. It is too bad we can't take advantage of it.

-King-
Really?

A fucking sneak?

Weis has been calling some weird shit this preseason.

Hammock Parties
Bowe showed up too.

milkman
Hey, another sack - although an old lady in a wheelchair could have gotten that one.

Thank the DB's, Stude.

An old lady in a wheelchair, maybe.

But what about Vrabel?

Mecca
08-27-2010, 09:56 PM
So you think it's fair to put it all on Cassel? Do you see how much pressure he gets? I'm not saying he's innocent lol no way I'm just saying it's not all him and we won't know until the line plays better. The line is just too inconsistent. Hopefully it gets better in time.

Plenty of other QB's succeed behind average to below average lines. Not everyone gets to play with the line Trent Green had.

Rodgers got sacked a ton last year, didn't cause him to suck did it?

FloridaMan88
08-27-2010, 09:56 PM
Cassel is Steve Bono 2.0.

Cassel's trademark passing play, where he doesn't even look downfield and quickly throws the quick screen pass is vintage Bono-Kimble Anders swing pass.

dirk digler
08-27-2010, 09:57 PM

95% Cassel 5% OLine. He had plenty of time to throw the ball. For Christ's sake he had a flea flicker pass batted down by the D-Line, couldn't complete 1 pass until the 2nd quarter and couldn't sneak for 1/2 yd.

The guy sucks hairy balls...

OnTheWarpath15

After seeing Tom Brady take around 15 sacks in 2007, then Cassel take 40+ in 2008 and Brady take around 15 again last year - all behind the same line - yes, it's absolutely fucking fair to put it all on Cassel.

Funny, shaky line play doesn't seem to bother QB's with fucking talent.

Mecca
The one good thing about this game besides the play of the D is how well Arenas and McCluster do in the return game. It is too bad we can't take advantage of it.

McCluster is gonna make the jacked up segment every week of the season at the rate he's going...

OnTheWarpath15
08-27-2010, 09:58 PM
Cassel is Steve Bono 2.0.

Cassel's trademark passing play, where he doesn't even look downfield and quickly throws the quick screen pass is vintage Bono-Kimble Anders swing pass.

Honestly, I'm starting to think that's an insult to Bono.

dirk digler
Bowe showed up too.

agreed

OnTheWarpath15
An old lady in a wheelchair, maybe.

But what about Vrabel?

LMAO

milkman
08-27-2010, 09:59 PM

milkman
08-27-2010, 10:00 PM
How do you get a delay on the defnse in that situation?

OnTheWarpath15
08-27-2010, 10:00 PM
THAT'S why you throw the ball to Dwayne Bowe.

milkman
08-27-2010, 10:01 PM
8 yards on a rope mutherfuckers.

dirk digler
McCluster is gonna make the jacked up segment every week of the season at the rate he's going...

I don't remember him getting hit big before tonight but I could be wrong. The guy can take a hit I don't think there is any question of it especially after tonight. He is tough.

OnTheWarpath15
8 yards on a rope mutherfuckers.

LMAO

Chiefs Pantalones
Bullshit.

Roethlisberger won a SB behind one of the worst OL's in recent memory.

Aaron Rodgers was sacked 50 ****ing times last year.

Sam ****ing Bradford looked like a ****ing Pro Bowler against a solid defense last night, playing with an average line and absolutely no weapons other than S-Jax.

Enough with the ****ing excuses.

In NO way would I ever put those guys in the discussion of Cassel lol. I'm just saying the line needs to play better for Cassel. He's not The Rapist and he's not Aaron Rodgers (sadly). Just for some closure when or if he's not on the Chiefs roster anymore, I'd like to see what he can do with some time.

OnTheWarpath15
08-27-2010, 10:02 PM
"Doesn't mess around trying to push the ball down the field."

Fuck, Trent, thanks for enabling this bullshit.

OnTheWarpath15
08-27-2010, 10:03 PM
We're going to lead the league in RB receptions.

Mecca
08-27-2010, 10:04 PM
I don't remember him getting hit big before tonight but I could be wrong. The guy can take a hit I don't think there is any question of it especially after tonight. He is tough.

The sweep against Atlanta...he got lit up nearly on the level of Samuel.

Against Tampa he took 2, not on the same level but 2 very good shots. He has to learn to not take these or he's not gonna last long.

milkman
In NO way would I ever put those guys in the discussion of Cassel lol. I'm just saying the line needs to play better for Cassel. He's not The Rapist and he's not Aaron Rodgers (sadly). Just for some closure when or if he's not on the Chiefs roster anymore, I'd like to see what he can do with some time.

We don't need to see him behind a better line to learn this.

He has no pocket awareness, and he makes the players around actually look worse than they are, especially the line.

OnTheWarpath15
LMAO

Dex just got jacked the FUCK UP.

This kid ain't gonna make it 2 years if he keeps getting hit like that every week.

OnTheWarpath15
08-27-2010, 10:05 PM

He has no pocket awareness, and he makes the players around actually look worse than they are, especially the line.

We saw him behind a better line in 2008.

He took close to 50 sacks, and completed 40% of his passes thrown over 10 yards.

Mecca
08-27-2010, 10:05 PM
LMAO

Dex just got jacked the FUCK UP.

This kid ain't gonna make it 2 years if he keeps getting hit like that every week.

Refer to some of my previous posts, the guy isn't gonna make it through a season or play very many years at this rate.

dirk digler
08-27-2010, 10:06 PM
We're going to lead the league in RB receptions.

circa 1994 with Kimble and Marcus

Chiefs Pantalones
08-27-2010, 10:06 PM

I think he dives toward the line of scrimmage much better than Huard. That's a start lmao

dirk digler
08-27-2010, 10:07 PM
The sweep against Atlanta...he got lit up nearly on the level of Samuel.

Against Tampa he took 2, not on the same level but 2 very good shots. He has to learn to not take these or he's not gonna last long.

The one tonight is not his fault he had no chance

OnTheWarpath15
08-27-2010, 10:07 PM
Holy Christ, Cassel.

That should have been your 3rd pick.

OnTheWarpath15
08-27-2010, 10:08 PM
Yay for busted coverage!

We're getting pretty good at this 7 points a half bit.

milkman
08-27-2010, 10:09 PM
Holy Christ, Cassel.

That should have been your 3rd pick.

In the regular season that would have been charged as a drop by the Philly defender.

Hit him right in the hands.

Spott
08-27-2010, 10:11 PM
Does this game get any better after Cassel goes out of the game?

OnTheWarpath15
08-27-2010, 10:11 PM
Kolb runs for 9.

Where's this dominating defense I keep seeing referenced?

milkman
08-27-2010, 10:12 PM
Looks like we will have some success getting coverage pressure on QBs, at least.

OnTheWarpath15
08-27-2010, 10:13 PM
Looks like we will have some success getting coverage pressure on QBs, at least.

Agreed.

If the sack totals go up, it's going to be due to the DB's.

milkman
08-27-2010, 10:16 PM
Now that was nice.

Thanks Philly.

OnTheWarpath15
08-27-2010, 10:17 PM
Studebaker will have more sacks than Tamba this year if he gets solid playing time.

He can actually get there in a reasonable amount of time.

Reerun_KC
08-27-2010, 10:18 PM
Hum. Looking forward to the replay on NFLn. Mitch and Lenny said there were alot to be positive about. Sounded like progress is being made. Excited about the season to say the least

milkman
08-27-2010, 10:19 PM
There was DJ's one flash for this year.

OnTheWarpath15
Yeah, DJ should be on the bench.

Great read, great finish.

milkman
Hum. Looking forward to the replay on NFLn. Mitch and Lenny said there were alot to be positive about. Sounded like progress is being made. Excited about the season to say the least

We're watching the NFL Network replay right now.

OnTheWarpath15
08-27-2010, 10:21 PM

And I'm not sure what there is to be positive about, other than the 3 sacks. Couple of nice blitzes dialed up by RAC.

Studebaker has shown he should be a starter.

Hammock Parties
08-27-2010, 10:21 PM
Studebaker will have more sacks than Tamba this year if he gets solid playing time.

He can actually get there in a reasonable amount of time.

I'm more concerned about how well he gets off blocks and uses agility and leverage.

That's why Hali is effective.

OnTheWarpath15
08-27-2010, 10:22 PM
Fuck me.

Charles dinged.

OnTheWarpath15
08-27-2010, 10:22 PM
I'm more concerned about how well he gets off blocks and uses agility and leverage.

That's why Hali is effective.

8 sacks a year is effective?

Hammock Parties
08-27-2010, 10:23 PM

Hali is an effective pass rusher. He's proven that much over the course of his career. I know you like to rip him at every chance, but he's a good player. Not a Pro Bowler, but he's certainly a guy who can beat offensive tackles consistently.

dirk digler
08-27-2010, 10:23 PM
And I'm not sure what there is to be positive about, other than the 3 sacks.

Studebaker has shown he should be a starter.

IIRC the D held them to 97 yds Total O in the first half

Priest31kc
08-27-2010, 10:24 PM

Jesus. Negative much?

Reerun_KC
08-27-2010, 10:24 PM

Ah dammit I am at the lake this weekend. Hopefully a mid week showing.

dirk digler
08-27-2010, 10:25 PM
my bad 109yds

OnTheWarpath15
08-27-2010, 10:26 PM
IIRC the D held them to 97 yds Total O in the first half

Seemed like Philly shot themselves in the foot a lot. Kolb was pretty inaccurate as well.

The DB's looked good, as did Studebaker. Otherwise, I see a defense that is going to be soft up the middle in the regular season.

OnTheWarpath15
08-27-2010, 10:27 PM
Jesus. Negative much?

Truth hurt?

He's average. Period.

Studebaker at least looks like he can not only get to the QB, but actually finish.

Something Hali struggles to do because his lack of speed.

OnTheWarpath15
08-27-2010, 10:28 PM
Hali is an effective pass rusher. He's proven that much over the course of his career. I know you like to rip him at every chance, but he's a good player. Not a Pro Bowler, but he's certainly a guy who can beat offensive tackles consistently.

I never said he can't beat OT's effectively.

Getting to the QB and actually finishing the play, however...

Hammock Parties
08-27-2010, 10:29 PM
So Studebaker gets 2 sacks in a preseason game....and suddenly he's better than Hali?

Check yourself.

OnTheWarpath15
08-27-2010, 10:33 PM
So Studebaker gets 2 sacks in a preseason game....and suddenly he's better than Hali?

Check yourself.

Whatever.

He's already better against the run, so even if he only manages 6 sacks, he comes out ahead in my book.

Give the kid playing time, and I think he'll rack up more sacks than Hali because he's not lead-footed like Tamba.

Ultimately, it's going to take good coverage from the DB's and time timely blitzes dialed up by RAC for either of them to get more than 8.

OnTheWarpath15
08-27-2010, 10:34 PM
Another timely blitz.

Good to see RAC dialing them up.

Hammock Parties
08-27-2010, 10:34 PM
Dude, I just don't like your constant negativity towards Hali.

He's not some scrub. He's better than average. Every NFL team does NOT have a Tamba Hali.

OnTheWarpath15
08-27-2010, 10:38 PM
Dude, I just don't like your constant negativity towards Hali.

He's not some scrub. He's better than average. Every NFL team does NOT have a Tamba Hali.

17 teams had a guy with 8 sacks or more last year.

I have no doubt he'd be a superstar if he had any speed.

lcarus
08-27-2010, 10:38 PM

That 5 yd TD pass to Bowe in between 3 defenders, when the play before he had Bowe open on a slant and instead decided to throw it to Thomas Jones. Or should I say right to the linebacker defending Thomas Jones. It was such a stupid awful pass that even the defender was blindsided by it, otherwise he would have picked it off.

What really irks me is how Cassel has happy feet on every play, and always throws it to the checkdown. No matter what. Sometimes, the RB in the flat is his first option. Whether its covered or not. He SUCKS and we're never gonna win shit until we get a good QB.

* By the way I know you weren't praising Cassel, just thought I'd add my own rant.

OnTheWarpath15
08-27-2010, 10:39 PM
Only the Chiefs can run a flea-flicker where the targeted WR was 10 yards downfield.

LMAO

Hammock Parties
08-27-2010, 10:41 PM
17 teams had a guy with 8 sacks or more last year.

Thanks for proving my point. Barely half the league.

OnTheWarpath15
08-27-2010, 10:45 PM
Thanks for proving my point. Barely half the league.

Uh, multiple teams had two guys over 8.

He's the epitome of average, and is one-dimensional to boot.

I admire the kid's drive and determination, but he needs more than that to be considered more than average, IMO.

OnTheWarpath15
08-27-2010, 10:45 PM
WTF was Kolb thinking there?

Good job by Lewis to go up and get it at its highest point.

Hammock Parties
08-27-2010, 10:47 PM
Uh, multiple teams had two guys over 8.

That just means the Chiefs have shitty talent.

He's the epitome of average, and is one-dimensional to boot.

Sorry, average players do NOT force as many fumbles as Hali has over the course of his career.

If we got the guy ANY help he'd be even better.

OnTheWarpath15
08-27-2010, 10:48 PM
Good run by TJ. Looked like Philly had pulled some starters.

Good hold by Pope there. LMAO

OnTheWarpath15
08-27-2010, 10:49 PM
That just means the Chiefs have shitty talent.

Sorry, average players do NOT force as many fumbles as Hali has over the course of his career.

If we got the guy ANY help he'd be even better.

Jesus.

First Cassel, now Tamba?

Great players make others around them great, not the other way around.

Anyway, I'm off to bed. This so-called "dominating" performance has made me sleepy. 14 points in 3 quarters is Arena League, and exhausting.

Hammock Parties
08-27-2010, 10:51 PM
Jesus.

First Cassel, now Tamba?

I never said he was great.

He's a good player who would benefit from other good players around him.

As far as Cassel, he's done shit as a Chief. Hali should not be mentioned in the same breath.

lcarus
08-27-2010, 10:52 PM
WTF was Kolb thinking there?

Good job by Lewis to go up and get it at its highest point.

Yeah I have a good feeling about Lewis. I think without question this will be one of our best drafts in a loooong time. With Berry, McCluster, Lewis, Asamoah, Arenas, Moeaki, Sheffield...I mean this is just looking like a really good draft by our new leadership. It's still early though. Wish Moeaki had Tony G. to learn from. I also wish Sheffield is ok.

OnTheWarpath15
08-27-2010, 11:00 PM
My thoughts on the game before I head to bed:

The offense is still fucking miserable to watch. Cassel is absolutely killing us. Hamas had it right when he said Charles is 80% of this offense. Hope the kid can stay healthy.

Defense looked better in some respects, just as bad in others. They're going to have to be even better to make up for this shitty offense. I'm really not sure if they were actually improved, or if Kolb made us look better than we were. He looked like he had no idea what was going on with his blitz protections. I can't help but think a more experienced QB gets rid of the ball on all of those, instead of taking huge, drive-killing sacks.

I do love the fact that RAC is willing to dial up blitzes, because realistically, it's the only way we're getting sacks unless the DB's are forcing coverage sacks.

Middle of the D is still Charmin Soft. Teams in the regular season won't let us off the hook like Philly did tonight. They'll pound away until we show we can stop it.

DB's looked good as usual.

Saw some good, some bad, and nothing that moves me off my thinking that this is a 6 win team.

Sure-Oz
08-27-2010, 11:02 PM
I think we draft a QB next year, Cassel can't get past his first read....he looks lost

Sweet Daddy Hate
08-27-2010, 11:36 PM
I think we draft a QB next year, Cassel can't get past his first read....he looks lost

Let us pray.

Fish
08-28-2010, 12:07 AM
Cassel should take Haley's advice and yell at the receivers more....

Sweet Daddy Hate
08-28-2010, 12:35 AM
Cassel should take Haley's advice and yell at the receivers more....

Or up his OWN game before he attempts to?

ChiefsCountry
08-28-2010, 12:37 AM
Just got back from the game. Here is my take on Cassel tonight. First of all I love my view from my season tickets. Its upperdeck corner, you so get a pretty good view of the line and the WR routes.

Good
Targeting and throwing to Bowe. Bowe makes the passing game go.
Took a Chance and trusted his arm. Unforuntaely it got picked for bouncing off Captain Training Room's hands.

Bad
Pocket pressence. Our line isn't great but its not as bad as Cassel makes it to be. He has no pocket pressence whats so ever. In the first quarter when he took off and ran, if he waited a half second more - he had open guys. Brokei and Bowe were ones I remember.
One one play he threw it outbounds at Bowe. Bowe was breaking to the end zone while Samuel I think was coming towards Cassel. A split second more and Cassel has Bowe for a touchdown. Instead he paniced and chucked it out of bounds.

But all in all you guys seem more pissed on here than I was at the stadium. Guess the extra replays and stuff make a bit more difference.

OnTheWarpath15
08-28-2010, 07:44 AM
Just got back from the game. Here is my take on Cassel tonight. First of all I love my view from my season tickets. Its upperdeck corner, you so get a pretty good view of the line and the WR routes.

Good
Targeting and throwing to Bowe. Bowe makes the passing game go.
Took a Chance and trusted his arm. Unforuntaely it got picked for bouncing off Captain Training Room's hands.

Bad
Pocket pressence. Our line isn't great but its not as bad as Cassel makes it to be. He has no pocket pressence whats so ever. In the first quarter when he took off and ran, if he waited a half second more - he had open guys. Brokei and Bowe were ones I remember.
One one play he threw it outbounds at Bowe. Bowe was breaking to the end zone while Samuel I think was coming towards Cassel. A split second more and Cassel has Bowe for a touchdown. Instead he paniced and chucked it out of bounds.

But all in all you guys seem more pissed on here than I was at the stadium. Guess the extra replays and stuff make a bit more difference.

Yeah, the advantage of having replay has a lot to do with that.

On the first INT, you'll see that the throw was WAY behind Moeaki. He mad a good effort, but you can't expect him to come up with that throw. And it was a terrible decision anyway, because there were two Chiefs WR's and 2 Eagles DB's right there.

His decision making and pocket presence are beyond terrible.

bobbything
08-28-2010, 07:56 AM
Good
I disagree with this. The throw was behind him and he had a safety and CB on him. If Moeaki lets it go, it probably falls incomplete and everyone is pissed because he didn't make the attempt. The other Tony probably would have done a 360 and made the catch, while taking a monster hit.

The more and more I watch of Cassel, the more I'm convinced that he's absolutely horrible. I'll give him the whole season, but if he doesn't toss at least 20 TDs, and have fewer than 12 INTs (especially with this 4-yard-out offense), then cut his sorry ass. It's strange how he does better in a hurry-up offense. But, you can't run that all the time, and you know he has in his head exactly who he's going to throw the ball to in the hurry-up...which is dangerous.

The more time he has, the less confident I am that he's going to complete the pass or, hell, even get rid of the ball. Which is the exact opposite of how I feel with just about every QB in the league. Even bad QBs, with time, will find someone. Cassel can't seem to do it.

I think we can win with him, but I think we're gonna have to do it with lots and lots of crossing patterns and (dare I say) screens (we don't run nearly enough of these). That seems to be his strength. Whenever we run crossing routes, he seems to find someone. And I understand the staff's hesitation with throwing the ball past 7 yards with Cassel. He sucks at it.

In all honesty, at this point, he's worse than Damon Huard. Worse than Steve Bono. Two of my favorite whipping boys over the years. It's sad to say that, if things don't turn around, Cassel will inherit that throne previously occupied by these two.

Deberg_1990
08-28-2010, 08:21 AM
Im not even sure why they dont just have Cassel operate out of the shotgun everytime? Its obvious, thats what he does best.

Whatever the case, we will never win anything with this turd. Wish we could flush him down the toilet, but we are stuck with him for this year. How long does Haley stick with him? When the Chiefs are 0-5, 1-7 like last year?? Thats gonna cost Haley his job.

Fish
08-28-2010, 08:31 AM
Ha.... Looks like the Cassel confidence took a mighty swing during this game...

FAX
08-28-2010, 08:37 AM
To me, Cassel looks like a duffer who's thinking about his swing too much.

Weis has probably been hammering stuff into the doofus' noggin about footwork, timing, clearing routes, hot reads, checkdowns, and interceptions until he's paralyzed. His punkin' can only hold so much information, after all. The hurry-up and shotgun formation probably alleviate that somewhat.

FAX

Rasputin
08-28-2010, 08:46 AM
My consern is him getting our Wrs killed. Mcluster shouldn't got laid out like that on the swing pass. Give a guy a chance. NOT one second did Mcluster catch it and wap nailed. Trent Green talked about that some and accuracy in the booth. Accuracy isnt catch % it's were you place the ball for the recievers to catch it.

spanky 52
08-28-2010, 08:53 AM
On the play before McCluster got clobbered he ran the same route and was wide open and might have picked up some nice yardage. Trouble was Cassel never even looked his way.

milkman
08-28-2010, 07:13 PM
Im not even sure why they dont just have Cassel operate out of the shotgun everytime? Its obvious, thats what he does best.

That is exactly what I noted about his game in New England.

He simply isn't good out of the pro set, and his game improved measurably when the Patriors started using teh shotgun spread offense pretty much as their base offense.

He hasn't gotten any better in the pro set since..

He is a taller Tyler Thipgpen.

DeezNutz
08-28-2010, 07:19 PM
To me, Cassel looks like a duffer who's thinking about his swing too much.

Weis has probably been hammering stuff into the doofus' noggin about footwork, timing, clearing routes, hot reads, checkdowns, and interceptions until he's paralyzed. His punkin' can only hold so much information, after all. The hurry-up and shotgun formation probably alleviate that somewhat.

FAX

Blame being implicitly placed at Weis's feet????

FAX (the True Fan)

If I learned anything from Jurassic Park, it's that the simplest explanation is probably correct: Cassel ****ing sucks.

changing font sizes makes the post cooler...

chiefzilla1501
08-28-2010, 08:33 PM
Jesus.

First Cassel, now Tamba?

Anyway, I'm off to bed. This so-called "dominating" performance has made me sleepy. 14 points in 3 quarters is Arena League, and exhausting.

I've seen Cassel get surrounded with better talent and he doesn't seem to be improving. The one consistent thing that I see with Tamba is that he very often beats his guy off the edge, but the QB has so much freaking space in the pocket that all he has to do is step up in the pocket and it forces Hali to completely change in direction. People say he slips and falls and misses sacks, but I don't see it that way. I think an average Nose Tackle next to him would help him get a few more sacks. Easily.

So I'm w/GoChiefs on this. It's not even just him. You hear a lot of people outside of KC talk about Hali as a guy offenses really pay attention to. I don't know how "great" Hali is. But I do know that he's managed to put up good production around a cast of misfits. So I believe that is saying a lot. With more consistent play from Dorsey and with average NOse Tackle play, I think he could easily rack up more than 10 sacks.

DeezNutz
08-28-2010, 08:49 PM
I've seen Cassel get surrounded with better talent and he doesn't seem to be improving. The one consistent thing that I see with Tamba is that he very often beats his guy off the edge, but the QB has so much freaking space in the pocket that all he has to do is step up in the pocket and it forces Hali to completely change in direction. People say he slips and falls and misses sacks, but I don't see it that way. I think an average Nose Tackle next to him would help him get a few more sacks. Easily.

So I'm w/GoChiefs on this. It's not even just him. You hear a lot of people outside of KC talk about Hali as a guy offenses really pay attention to. I don't know how "great" Hali is. But I do know that he's managed to put up good production around a cast of misfits. So I believe that is saying a lot. With more consistent play from Dorsey and with average NOse Tackle play, I think he could easily rack up more than 10 sacks.

The missed sack on Kolb is a microcosm of Hali's career in KC, and the miss was no one else's fault but his own.

Thus, we're presented with two options: 1. Praise him for getting pressure in the first place 2.) Bitch at him for failing to complete the play.

Both are equally true.

Sure-Oz
08-28-2010, 08:54 PM
Cassel needs to grow a pair

chiefzilla1501
08-28-2010, 08:57 PM
The missed sack on Kolb is a microcosm of Hali's career in KC, and the miss was no one else's fault but his own.

Thus, we're presented with two options: 1. Praise him for getting pressure in the first place 2.) Bitch at him for failing to complete the play.

Both are equally true.

I don't know what play you're referencing. I'm just pointing out the numerous plays where he beats his guy off the edge, but the QB easily slips forward into a massive pocket. When a QB does that, it's really difficult to ask Hali to change direction on a dime or to lay the wood on the guy when you have to change your momentum. It just so happens that Hali seems to be at his best when he's doing that kind of a speed rush.
We're not even talking about having a great NOse Tackle. An average NOse Tackle would push the pile back enough that a QB doesn't have a lot of space to escape. Or at least you force the QB to start moving into spots he shouldn't or rushing throws he shouldn't.

I truly believe a lot of those misses turn into hurries and sacks if you have average play at Nose Tackle. So when you say we should bitch at him for not completing the play, how many of those were the result of not completing the play? And how many of those were the result of poor Nose Tackle play forcing Hali to take an extremely difficult tackling angle to finish the play? It's like yelling at a Safety for not making a play in the flats even though it was the corner that blew the coverage.

Deberg_1990
08-28-2010, 08:58 PM
He is a taller Tyler Thipgpen.

Yep, pretty much.... :facepalm:

Hammock Parties
08-28-2010, 10:02 PM
The only difference in Cassel and Thigpen is that I think Cassel is better at reading defenses. I think mentally he's a pro, he just lacks the arm strength and accuracy to be a Pro Bowler.

I don't buy this "all Cassel does is make one read" stuff that's been floating around because I've seen him go through progressions and make good decisions, both in New England and KC. I never felt like Thigpen had that down. The pro game always seemed to big for him.

With Cassel I more get the feeling that he's just not talented enough to be a real difference maker. He's Jake Plummer with two inches tacked on. If you surround him with the right guys he might lead you to a winning season but that's about it.

ArrowheadMagic
08-28-2010, 10:07 PM
The only difference in Cassel and Thigpen is that I think Cassel is better at reading defenses. I think mentally he's a pro, he just lacks the arm strength and accuracy to be a Pro Bowler.

I don't buy this "all Cassel does is make one read" stuff that's been floating around because I've seen him go through progressions and make good decisions, both in New England and KC. I never felt like Thigpen had that down. The pro game always seemed to big for him.

With Cassel I more get the feeling that he's just not talented enough to be a real difference maker. He's Jake Plummer with two inches tacked on. If you surround him with the right guys he might lead you to a winning season but that's about it.

A stop gap guy, that we havent been smart enough to develop someone behind yet. His loudest critics on this board are looking to push buttons and they are getting exactly what they want.

Fish
08-28-2010, 10:39 PM
A stop gap guy, that we havent been smart enough to develop someone behind yet. His loudest critics on this board are looking to push buttons and they are getting exactly what they want.

Stop gap guy? Are you telling me Pioli traded a second round pick, gave the highest contract in franchise history, with no legitimate competition, to a stop gap guy?

Holy shit.

Coach
08-28-2010, 10:41 PM
That is exactly what I noted about his game in New England.

He simply isn't good out of the pro set, and his game improved measurably when the Patriors started using teh shotgun spread offense pretty much as their base offense.

He hasn't gotten any better in the pro set since..

He is a taller and expensive Tyler Thipgpen.

FYP

ArrowheadMagic
08-28-2010, 10:45 PM
FYP

And what does all the crying about it fix?

ArrowheadMagic
08-28-2010, 11:15 PM
Seriously we all know Cassel isnt the answer. We know Cassel's contract isnt going to put us in cap hell. Why the obsession with wanting to push buttons? Shame on you guys for expecting more. If 1 + 1 =2 is it necessary for 100,000 posts to tell us why it does?

Coach
08-28-2010, 11:16 PM

Becuase he has not shown progress that we all were hoping for, especially the fact that he's being paid 60 some million dollars, along with the fact that he had all off-season to correct or at least improve his weakness, which is obvious, that he hasn't improved jack.

The Chiefs have at least made attempts to improve the offensive side, which, to their credit, did in some skill position sets, and while the offensive line is still need of improvement, it's still alot better than what they started off last year. You would think, after all that minor improvements, that the QB play would improve.

Unfortunately, I have not seen anything that indicates of any improvement, other than the mastery of throwing a 2-3 yard dumpoffs to the RB's out in the flat, and at some point, one of those RB's will eventually get killed in the process, becuase he is leaving them exposed to big hits.

I strongly feel that he is the person that is really holding this offense back in a big way. What bothers me is that, the Chiefs, knowing that they have uncertain on Cassel coming to year two, and should have known Brodie's ineffectiveness to stay healthy throughout a season, that they didn't address either a legitimate QB that could contend Brodie for the job.

Instead, we got Tyler Palko, so yes, I will complain about it, becuase it is warranted. Until he actually plays like a legitimate QB, and I'm not talking about being a younger version of "Mr. Captain Checkdown", I'm talking about making the correct reads, getting rid of the ball faster, and play like an actual QB.

Coach
08-28-2010, 11:17 PM
Seriously we all know Cassel isnt the answer. We know Cassel's contract isnt going to put us in cap hell. Why the obsession with wanting to push buttons? Shame on you guys for expecting more. If 1 + 1 =2 is it necessary for 100,000 posts to tell us why it does?

The problem we all fear is that the Chiefs will exercise that contract.

Rasputin
08-28-2010, 11:17 PM

When you go to a restaurant & order a medium rare steak & it comes to you burnt crisp , would you complain to the waiter? Or just eat it & deal with it?

If you go through McDonalds drive through and order a Big Mac, Fries & Coke, They forget to put the hamburger in the Big Mac & give you a diet Coke, would you go back inside & make them get it right or would you just accept it and deal with it?

Maybe there was a hair in your soup? Just accept it would you?

Maybe we can't fix it, but it sure doesn't hurt to complain in hopes that one day they get it right.

ArrowheadMagic
08-28-2010, 11:21 PM
What bothers me is that, the Chiefs, knowing that they have uncertain on Cassel coming to year two, and should have known Brodie's ineffectiveness to stay healthy throughout a season, that they didn't address either a legitimate QB that could contend Brodie for the job.

As much time your response probably took. Is all that was needed. The fact you thought he would physically transform into something he isnt in one off season says something about what you are looking at watching him play.

The only error is not having someone behind him, developing, when his contract allows us to walk away after this year.

Rasputin
08-28-2010, 11:27 PM
As much time your response probably took. Is all that was needed. The fact you thought he would physically transform into something he isnt in one off season says something about what you are looking at watching him play.

The only error is not having someone behind him, developing, when his contract allows us to walk away after this year.

I can agree with this post, if we had a young QB that's going to develop and hopefully start ASAP to replace Cassel. I could deal with Cassel being the guy for a period, but would be exited just to have a prospect in the wings. Knowing his time will come.

ArrowheadMagic
08-28-2010, 11:27 PM
Be mad at not having someone developed behind Cassel. Be mad at yourself for ranting along with others about wanting or expecting Cassel to be something he physically isnt able to be. Consistently posting about how bad Cassel is, is either trying to push buttons and slinging shit or you dont really know what it is your watching.

From your posts, your intelligent enough to know watch your watching. Is it really that important enough to sling shit?

ArrowheadMagic
08-28-2010, 11:29 PM
Its the same crowd that thinks a spread QB like Bradford cant play in the NFL.... but thinks Gabbert is a true prospect.