PDA

View Full Version : Obama Waiting for Mr. Obama

petegz28
08-29-2010, 01:40 PM
http://www.nytimes.com/2010/08/29/opinion/29sun1.html?_r=1&hp

petegz28
08-29-2010, 01:48 PM
This has to be a joke. A puff piece on Obama with the standard tactics of blaming Bush and Republicans while calling for more government spending. I have to wonder if the writer of the article really believes that the stimulus was too small or just throws that out knowing the stimulus was not spent correctly?

There are things that can be done that Obama could champion, the Repubs would have to support and the Dems would have to support, kicking and screaming or not. It is stupid, no, it is idiotic to keep pushing lending to small businesses when those businesses are not seeing an increase in revenues. Why would a business with stagnant or decreasing revenues take on more debt? It's just ****ing stupid and economically fatal for a business to do so.

If Dear Leader and the Left want to give the economy a shot in the arm that would really work it would start with elminiating the corporate tax on small-medium sized businesses and reducing the tax on large corporations. It's an insane concept in D.C. but a logical one on Main St. and Wall St. Why not allow a business to keep more of what it makes, or when it comes to taxes, charge less for their product or service as opposed to asking them to take on more debt?

When a company gets in trouble usually the first thing they do is lower prices to draw customers. Not take on more debt. The OBama Admin. and Congress need to make it cheaper and less complicated for business to operate. The HC bill really did the opposite of that for the most part.

Again, the logic behind such a move can be chalked up to common sense for the most part. Make it cheaper for the people who do the hiring to conduct their business. Cheaper costs = cheaper prices = increased revenue via increased customers. Thus the end result is the actual need to expand and hire people will emerge. Simply telling them it is cheaper for them to take out loans while businesses see less and less customers walking through door is just idiotic.

healthpellets
08-29-2010, 01:50 PM
to quote a left wing poster on another board:

"IF TAX CUTS WORK, WHERE IS MY JOB??????"

petegz28
08-29-2010, 01:58 PM
to quote a left wing poster on another board:

"IF TAX CUTS WORK, WHERE IS MY JOB??????"

Well whoever said that is a moron. And I am not talking about a tax cut for induviduals. I am talking about tax cuts for businesses. The reality Congress likes to perpetuate is that business actually pay taxes. Nothing can be further from the truth. The customers of a business pay the taxes of the business when they purchase the product or service via the price they pay for said product or service. Most small businesses who are eager to grow would take advantage of a reduction on their taxes as it reduces their cost of doing business. That would directly impact their ability to charge less to their customers. As well as maintain their workforce if not expand it.

Plus, the bonus is it makes things cheaper for the consumer. Believe it or not, lower prices tend to attract customers. Especially when many are out of work or hanging onto their jobs by the skin of their teeth.

Oucho Cinco
08-29-2010, 02:01 PM
Well whoever said that is a moron. And I am not talking about a tax cut for induviduals. I am talking about tax cuts for businesses. The reality Congress likes to perpetuate is that business actually pay taxes. Nothing can be further from the truth. The customers of a business pay the taxes of the business when they purchase the product or service via the price they pay for said product or service. Most small businesses who are eager to grow would take advantage of a reduction on their taxes as it reduces their cost of doing business. That would directly impact their ability to charge less to their customers. As well as maintain their workforce if not expand it.

Plus, the bonus is it makes things cheaper for the consumer. Believe it or not, lower prices tend to attract customers. Especially when many are out of work or hanging onto their jobs by the skin of their teeth.Rabbitpellets himself is a moron, but I think you already knew that! ;)

petegz28
08-29-2010, 02:03 PM
I will add out of objectivity that the root cause of the economic crisis we are currently in is the insane chase for quarterly profits. Larger companies lay people off by the thousands to appease an $35k a year Wall St. analyst every 3 months. In the end they all sit around wondering why their business is falling off? Well, it's simple, when tons of companies lay off tons of workers they directly or indirectly take away from their own bottom line. Layoffs en masse are self-defeating and cause economic harm to business outside of the business doing the layoffs.

But Corporate boards are too detached from that reality to care. They are more worried about 3 monts at a time instead of 3 years down the road and it directly impacts our economy in a negative way.

phisherman
08-30-2010, 05:36 AM
Sprint's gotta keep their stock price over $4 a share somehow.

ROYC75
08-30-2010, 11:05 AM
This has to be a joke. A puff piece on Obama with the standard tactics of blaming Bush and Republicans while calling for more government spending. I have to wonder if the writer of the article really believes that the stimulus was too small or just throws that out knowing the stimulus was not spent correctly?

There are things that can be done that Obama could champion, the Repubs would have to support and the Dems would have to support, kicking and screaming or not. It is stupid, no, it is idiotic to keep pushing lending to small businesses when those businesses are not seeing an increase in revenues. Why would a business with stagnant or decreasing revenues take on more debt? It's just ****ing stupid and economically fatal for a business to do so.

If Dear Leader and the Left want to give the economy a shot in the arm that would really work it would start with elminiating the corporate tax on small-medium sized businesses and reducing the tax on large corporations. It's an insane concept in D.C. but a logical one on Main St. and Wall St. Why not allow a business to keep more of what it makes, or when it comes to taxes, charge less for their product or service as opposed to asking them to take on more debt?

When a company gets in trouble usually the first thing they do is lower prices to draw customers. Not take on more debt. The OBama Admin. and Congress need to make it cheaper and less complicated for business to operate. The HC bill really did the opposite of that for the most part.

Again, the logic behind such a move can be chalked up to common sense for the most part. Make it cheaper for the people who do the hiring to conduct their business. Cheaper costs = cheaper prices = increased revenue via increased customers. Thus the end result is the actual need to expand and hire people will emerge. Simply telling them it is cheaper for them to take out loans while businesses see less and less customers walking through door is just idiotic.

Good post pete ......... but take it one step farther. Tax or create tariffs on imports to offset the import trade disadvantages to over seas markets.

Right now in the Long Beach port, a trucker with a truck older than a 2006 has to pay a yearly / annual fee of $ 385.00 plus a monthly fee $ 25.00 to haul an import container out of the port, part of it has to do with the clean energy bill. A tax as you will for someone her in the USA to pay instead of the overseas market.

Yep, let's go green, screw Americans in the process.