PDA

View Full Version : Int'l Issues Iranian newpaper says France first lady Carla Bruni is prostitute and deserves to die

ForeverChiefs58
09-03-2010, 08:50 AM
Wow. Little harsh. Newspaper says France first lady Carla Bruni is prostitute and deserves to die for supporting a woman sentenced to death by stoning in Iran for adultery. :spock:
Wonder what people would say if it was Michelle Obama?

Iranian newspaper says French first lady deserves to die

A hard-line Iranian newspaper has called the French first lady a "prostitute" and recommended she be put to death for supporting a woman sentenced to death by stoning in Iran for adultery.

Under the headline "French prostitutes enter the human rights uproar," the Kayhan daily newspaper referred Saturday to Carla Bruni-Sarkozy as a "prostitute" after she released an open letter in support of Sakineh Ashtiani, 43, a mother of two whose case has drawn international attention.

Kayhan, a newspaper headed by a representative of Supreme Leader Ayatollah Ali Khamenei, reiterated those statements Tuesday, writing that, "this woman with a bad history supports an Iranian woman who has committed adultery during marriage and is an accomplice to the murder of her husband who is sentenced to death, and in fact she [Bruni-Sarkozy] also deserves death."

Iranian officials decried the newspaper's tirade.

"Insulting the authorities in other countries and using inappropriate words is not approved by the Islamic Republic," Foreign Ministry spokesman Ramin Mehmanparast told reporters Tuesday in response to a question during his weekly briefing, according to the ministry's website.

"The media can criticize the policies, attitudes and comments of other countries' officials, they can object to them, we call for them to review their deeds, but we do not think applying insulting and degrading words is the right thing to do."

French Foreign ministry spokesman Bernard Valero said Tuesday that the comments are unacceptable.

"We're making this message known through normal diplomatic channels."

In her open letter, published on Bruni-Sarkozy's website, the former model said, "Condemned to be buried alive, and then stoned to death! Your beautiful face, reduced to a pulp! Your eyes full of sorrow and dignity, your forehead, your mind, your soul, transformed into a target for the stone throwers, exploded, pulverized, in shreds! Horror and consternation!"

She added, "Your judges must know, Sakineh, your name has become a symbol the world over. Let us hope they may understand that, no matter what the time or the place, they shall never be able to wash their hands of such a crime."

Bruni-Sarkozy said she is proud to live in a country that has abolished the death penalty, adding that she was praying that Iran would find a way to show clemency in her case.

"In France, schoolchildren learn that mercy is the greatest virtue of those who govern," she said. "In the depths of your cell, know that my husband will plead your cause unfailingly and that France will not abandon you."

France has asked the European Union to come up with new approaches to get Iran to stop the pending execution.

Foreign Minister Bernard Kouchner raised the issue last week with EU foreign policy chief Catherine Ashton, asking that measures be studied to stop Iran from violating human rights.

"We need to encourage the Union in initiatives to remind Iranian authorities that, as well on the nuclear file, their attitude of isolation has a price, which they can liberate as soon as they choose a more responsible behavior and more in line with their international commitments on the subject of human rights," Kouchner said in a letter to Ashton published in the French press.

http://articles.cnn.com/2010-09-01/world/iran.bruni.ashtiani_1_iranian-woman-stone-throwers-french-first-lady?_s=PM:WORLD

blaise
09-03-2010, 08:51 AM
Jerry Lewis has yet to comment.

ForeverChiefs58
09-03-2010, 08:59 AM
Wonder what Sarkozy thinks of it?

HonestChieffan
09-03-2010, 09:17 AM
Peace loving Muslims agree

ForeverChiefs58
09-03-2010, 09:28 AM
It's not exactly extending a hand, more like extending a finger.

vailpass
09-03-2010, 09:32 AM
Would anyone really miss Iran if Israel took them off the map?

ForeverChiefs58
09-03-2010, 09:35 AM

Hope the US and Europe all help out in taking out the worlds largest sponsor or terrorism and human rights violations.

mlyonsd
09-03-2010, 09:37 AM
Would anyone really miss Iran if Israel took them off the map?China and Russia would.

BucEyedPea
09-03-2010, 09:42 AM
...she is a whore with baggage. Not because of what Iran says but she apparently has no qualms with adultery never mind stoning someone for it. Even the Hollywood Grind reports her as a whore.

Fact:
She was living with Jean-Paul Enthoven the Paris philosopher and left him for his married son. The ex-wife never forgave her, portraying Miss Bruni in a book as a "husband stealer" with a "terminator smile."

Bruni is a whore with a lot of baggage from her past, but it seems France is pleased with a colorful first lady. There’s nothing like a slut to put some class into highest office in France. What does it say about a French President who marries a slut who stole him from his wife? Bruni is trouble.

http://www.hollywoodgrind.com/carla-bruni-intimate-pictures-stolen/

vailpass
09-03-2010, 09:50 AM
...she is a whore with baggage. Not because of what Iran says but she apparently has no qualms with adultery never mind stoning someone for it. Even the Hollywood Grind reports her as a whore.

Fact:
She was living with Jean-Paul Enthoven the Paris philosopher and left him for his married son. The ex-wife never forgave her, portraying Miss Bruni in a book as a "husband stealer" with a "terminator smile."

What is the term for a male who commits the exact same acts Bruni committed?

BucEyedPea
09-03-2010, 09:54 AM

He's just as bad. I don't know the word for a male whore though. When it's your own son well stealing your woman or your woman cheating with your own son.....well that's worse than just a regular whore. France couldn't have chosen a worse spokesperson to call out Iran.

HonestChieffan
09-03-2010, 09:58 AM

Fact:

did you really say this. Seriously

BucEyedPea
09-03-2010, 10:03 AM
did you really say this. Seriously

I reported the facts from what's been reported about her. If that's what you mean.
I mean it's either true or it's false, right?

HonestChieffan
09-03-2010, 10:07 AM
I reported the facts from what's been reported about her. If that's what you mean.
I mean it's either true or it's false, right?

I wouldn't know enough to pass judgement on the lady. But would feel appropriately informed that whatever her choices, calling for her death would be a bit more out of line than speculation on her personal decisions and passing on those.

This is not the victorian era either

BucEyedPea
09-03-2010, 10:13 AM
I wouldn't know enough to pass judgement on the lady.
Now you do.

But would feel appropriately informed that whatever her choices, calling for her death would be a bit more out of line than speculation on her personal decisions and passing on those.

This is not the victorian era either

Where did I say I supported calling for her death? I said that was Medievel. Their punishment system is harsh but it's also not likely to happen to Carla. You know that too. I mean really the same stonings go on in Saudi Arabia, our ally, but that's okay? In fact the day I flew out of Cairo there was a stoning going on there just because the girl married a foreigner. It's a different culture. It doesn't mean I support it.

At the same time your side is for wiping them Iran off the map for it.

HonestChieffan
09-03-2010, 10:16 AM
Where did I say I supported calling for her death? I said that was Medievel. Their punishment system is harsh but it's also not likely to happen to Carla. You know that too. I mean really the same stonings go on in Saudi Arabia, our ally, but that's okay? In fact the day I flew out of Cairo there was a stoning going on there just because the girl married a foreigner. It's a different culture. It doesn't mean I support it.

At the same time your side is for wiping them Iran off the map for it.

ok

Iowanian
09-03-2010, 10:35 AM
In response, France sends an envoy to Iran to bare and present his ass for an apologetic insertion to atone their insult for having a whorish first lady....

She's hot...I'd hit it.

I'd enjoy hitting BEP in the cooter with a cattle prod about as much.

ForeverChiefs58
09-03-2010, 01:04 PM
In response, France sends an envoy to Iran to bare and present his ass for an apologetic insertion to atone their insult for having a whorish first lady....

She's hot...I'd hit it.

I'd enjoy hitting BEP in the cooter with a cattle prod about as much.

Why would you do that to a poor cattle prod? What did a cattle prod ever do to you?

BucEyedPea
09-03-2010, 01:40 PM
Ah...Iowanian's tourette syndrome gets demonstrated again. I thought he was working on that?

Direckshun
09-03-2010, 01:44 PM
Wonder what people would say if it was Michelle Obama?

What would people say if it was Bozo the Clown?

Direckshun
09-03-2010, 01:44 PM

For the record, this is a hardcore rightwing news outlet. It might as well be Free Republic, or World News Daily.

Direckshun
09-03-2010, 01:46 PM
China and Russia would.

Ding ding ding.

BucEyedPea
09-03-2010, 01:59 PM
Both Sarkozy and Bruni are currently rumored to be having affairs. Infidelity is so chic in France. Bruni told Le Figaro Madame magazine that she became easily "bored with monogamy", and "love lasts a long time, but burning desire — two to three weeks." Mick Jagger's wife said it was his affair with Bruni that broke them up.

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/international/the_prez_the_wife_the_pop_hunk_the_1TWm9MJcCbIdmdrkI9UOEL

vailpass
09-03-2010, 02:07 PM
For the record, this is a hardcore rightwing news outlet. It might as well be Free Republic, or World News Daily.

BFD. Not all of us need to use an interwebs bulletin board to seek meaningful conversation. Seek a life little guy.

orange
09-03-2010, 02:57 PM

Gigolo comes to mind.

Iowanian
09-03-2010, 02:58 PM
Ah...Iowanian's tourette syndrome gets demonstrated again. I thought he was working on that?

It's just that you're like a slinky...not really that useful, but it would be fun to watch you tumble down the stairs a couple of times.

BucEyedPea
09-03-2010, 03:51 PM
Gigolo comes to mind.

Bruni doesn't do it for money. She's a well paid model...or was. Plus she's a talented singer. I like her singing.
Unless one consider's her man's support payment. But you know how those Europeans are when it comes to adultery. We Americans are prudes according to them.

Brock
09-03-2010, 04:29 PM
It's just that you're like a slinky...not really that useful, but it would be fun to watch you tumble down the stairs a couple of times.

Another Slainte dupe account!

BucEyedPea
09-03-2010, 05:44 PM
I doubt Cara Bruni would even allow Iowanian to hit on her.

Slainte
09-03-2010, 06:19 PM
I doubt Cara Bruni would even allow Iowanian to hit on her.

I certainly hope you allow men to hit on you. Constantly.

Slainte
09-03-2010, 06:22 PM
Bruni doesn't do it for money. She's a well paid model...or was. Plus she's a talented singer. I like her singing.
Unless one consider's her man's support payment. But you know how those Europeans are when it comes to adultery. We Americans are prudes according to them.

You're jealous of women who have vaginas free of dust and cobwebs, huh?

Bwana
09-03-2010, 07:25 PM
It's hard to pick a group to root for in this case. Iran, vs France. The crazy pricks vs the limp nipples.

Direckshun
09-03-2010, 10:07 PM
BFD. Not all of us need to use an interwebs bulletin board to seek meaningful conversation. Seek a life little guy.

What?

Duck Dog
09-04-2010, 08:10 AM

Bozo the Clown, Michelle Nobama, same thing. I take that back, that;s an insult to clowns everywhere. More like planet of the Apes, Michelle Nobama, same thing.

Duck Dog
09-04-2010, 08:12 AM
What?

That wasn't that difficult to figure out.

ForeverChiefs58
09-04-2010, 08:27 AM
I can't wait until someone busts Iran right in the mouth. No need for ground troops, just fly overs.

ForeverChiefs58
09-04-2010, 08:48 AM
If someone took out Iran would Hamas and Hezbuhlla go away? With no one to give them $100 million a year and providing weapons etc. they sure wouldn't be as relevant.

BucEyedPea
09-04-2010, 09:34 AM
If someone took out Iran would Hamas and Hezbuhlla go away? With no one to give them $100 million a year and providing weapons etc. they sure wouldn't be as relevant.

Russia might. Afterall, a lot of their training was done in Moscow. There's a Marxist link with some of these guys believe it or not.
Though, by then we will label the then leader of Russia the new "Hitler" in order to invade there or agitate within to create a case for going in at some point.
Then again, Hamas and Hezbollah were not behind 9/11 and starting another conventional war is more mission creep as well as not getting the correct target.
What's that saying about doing the same thing over despite not getting results?

HonestChieffan
09-04-2010, 09:48 AM
BEP...if Israel is attacked, what would you do?

BucEyedPea
09-04-2010, 09:48 AM
I can't wait until someone busts Iran right in the mouth. No need for ground troops, just fly overs.

See, this not only reminds me of a bull in a China shop kicking things randomly despite the guilt of what gets smashed when you use conventional bombs, but Iran is not an abstract entity...it has real human beings in it. Many of them young and innocent. That includes people who want to liberalize and westernize. This is more likely to just get those who want to westernize and liberalize into the camp we don't like. Just as we did after 9/11. They have some ability to fight back too and that could hurt. Not to mention spiralling oil prices. I don't think this is worth a repeat of another energy crisis which will surely follow.

When you say what you say in this post, it clearly shows your thread topic was to whip up war fever. Anyhow, back on topic if you, if you think stoning is cruel and unusual punishment for adultery then I hope you'd see that some aren't immune to that right here in our country.

I am not a libertarian on prostitution, but this was cruel too. It may not have been intention but it is gross neglect.
Marcia Powell was arrested by employees of the government of Arizona for the victimless crime of prostitution. She died in one of their prisons because she was placed for FOUR HOURS (the state’s own legal limit is TWO HOURS) in an outdoor cage in unbearable heat WITHOUT EVEN WATER. That unbearable heat was ruled as the cause of her death. Other employees of the government of Arizona have found NO EMPLOYEE of the government of Arizona guilty for this crime of murder (which, actually, comes after the initial crime of kidnapping by employees of the government of Arizona of Marcia Powell and holding her as a prisoner).

BucEyedPea
09-04-2010, 10:00 AM
BEP...if Israel is attacked, what would you do?

Attacked how? With conventional weapons by Iran? That's not gonna happen. Not unless we make them react with our own threats because they will have nothing left to lose. This comes back again to what I said in the other thread, you believe our govt about them having a nuke. I don't. I don't see how anyone can believe the same folks, and they are the same, who told us Iraq had WMD. This is following the same pattern—creating fear. Alleging things. This is designed for preventative war which is the heart and soul of NeoConservativism. It's just justification for an act of aggression. Meanwhile, sanctions will hurt the people we don't want to hurt, is an act of war that is designed to weaken infrastructure for a later invasion.

Also, as I've said before, it's Israel's fight.

There was someone here earlier who was ethnically Jewish who said the same thing. It's Israel's fight. FC's claims Israel is sovereign . Thus she can defend herself....well then why do they need our men and women to die for them? That takes our support too far. Israel has nukes and I said before MADD works. This is why I don't care if Iran has a nuke. But any conventional weapon sent into Israel with an Iranian address on it, would result in nuclear annihilation for them and their leaders know that. Terrrorism, wearing Israel down with attrition, works better for them.

I have a better idea—work for true peace in the Arab-Palestinian conflict. Work with the moderates and get the extremists out on both sides
( terrorists and the Likud party-Israeli version of our NeoCons). There are people on both sides of that conflict that want all the land for themselves.
I am not making any gaurantees about this, due to their long vendettas that last centuries, but it's more workable then making more enemies and having this spread around the world.

Most of it's lies though....so I really think it's a waste to argue forever.

HonestChieffan
09-04-2010, 10:10 AM
Attacked how? With conventional weapons by Iran? That's not gonna happen. Not unless we make them react with our own threats because they will have nothing left to lose. This comes back again to what I said in the other thread, you believe our govt about them having a nuke. I don't. I don't see how anyone can believe the same folks, and they are the same, who told us Iraq had WMD. This is following the same pattern—creating fear. Alleging things. This is designed for preventative war which is the heart and soul of NeoConservativism. It's just justification for an act of aggression. Meanwhile, sanctions will hurt the people we don't want to hurt, is an act of war that is designed to weaken infrastructure for a later invasion.

Also, as I've said before, it's Israel's fight.

There was someone here earlier who was ethnically Jewish who said the same thing. It's Israel's fight. FC's claims Israel is sovereign . Thus she can defend herself....well then why do they need our men and women to die for them? That takes our support too far. Israel has nukes and I said before MADD works. This is why I don't care if Iran has a nuke. But any conventional weapon sent into Israel with an Iranian address on it, would result in nuclear annihilation for them and their leaders know that. Terrrorism, wearing Israel down with attrition, works better for them.

I have a better idea—work for true peace in the Arab-Palestinian conflict. Work with the moderates and get the extremists out on both sides
( terrorists and the Likud party-Israeli version of our NeoCons). There are people on both sides of that conflict that want all the land for themselves.
I am not making any gaurantees about this, due to their long vendettas that last centuries, but it's more workable then making more enemies and having this spread around the world.

Most of it's lies though....so I really think it's a waste to argue forever.

Attacked. Matters not how or by whom, What would your response be if our ally was directly attacked militarily? Not trying to argue just a simple question.

BucEyedPea
09-04-2010, 10:16 AM
Attacked. Matters not how or by whom, What would your response be if our ally was directly attacked militarily? Not trying to argue just a simple question.

That would depend on the situation. So it's unanswerable, except that she does have like 200 or so nukes.
American lives come first though—always.

Seems to me you don't think Israel is sovereign though.

BTW I think it's time to disband NATO and get our troops out of Germany too. The Cold War is over. So is WWII.

HonestChieffan
09-04-2010, 10:18 AM
What situation do you see that it would be OK for the US to do nothing if Israel were militarily attacked?

BucEyedPea
09-04-2010, 10:30 AM
What situation do you see that it would be OK for the US to do nothing if Israel were militarily attacked?

No, that's bait with theoreticals. I just don't think it's likely without a WW starting. So, I have to have specifics including how it affects us. America First. They won the conventional war with the Arabs already, eventhough they were armed by the Brits. They're not winning their own war on terror is more the problem. That's why making conventional warfare arguments for this WoT is a red herring by the manipulators in DC.

I'd like to see ForeverChiefs and you debate how one of your feels Israel is not sovereign and the other does because clearly you do not.

HonestChieffan
09-04-2010, 10:51 AM
Would you rise to defend Canada should she be attacked?

BucEyedPea
09-04-2010, 11:04 AM
Would you rise to defend Canada should she be attacked?

Depends on the specifics. It's closer to home though. Since we have military might I doubt someone would do something to a country so close to us. I sit between a pure isolationist ( Paul) and the Foreign Policy realist ( Reagan, Baker).

You're looking for pat answers. I can't give them. I could be for invading Mexico though.

Ask me about Italy being attacked by Libya, Spain by Morocco and France by Algiers. Finland by Russia.Then nope.
I mean I'd feel bad for them but socialist Europe won't get any help from me. They're responsible for their own conditions including acts that have led up to something like that.

HonestChieffan
09-04-2010, 11:07 AM
So basically you would be in the position that we offer no mutual protection and just let whatever happens happen. Treaties, agreements whatever just say we quit and take all the cookies home? Japan can be taken by China, Australia can just suffer whatever comes her way?

BucEyedPea
09-04-2010, 11:22 AM
So basically you would be in the position that we offer no mutual protection and just let whatever happens happen. Treaties, agreements whatever just say we quit and take all the cookies home? Japan can be taken by China, Australia can just suffer whatever comes her way?

I am not opposed to treaties as a generality. I am opposed some defense pacts where we do all the heavy lifting and get our men killed. I am for getting out of the UN though.

You apparently think it's our duty to defend the free world. In the Cold War that had some legitimacy up to a point but I said in a post Cold-War world I don't support that.
If there was a militarily powerful nation state that was knocking down govts around the world....that would get my interest. But you see we're the ones doing that nowadays.

On the other hand I would not be for removing troops from S Korea. I would from Okinawa. As I said earlier, I am going to take a swim now and head out. You keep asking me questions. Besides the Flying Monkey's have arrived. Nice chattin' with ya'.

HonestChieffan
09-04-2010, 11:30 AM
I am not opposed to treaties as a generality. I am opposed some defense pacts where we do all the heavy lifting and get our men killed. I am for getting out of the UN though.

You apparently think it's our duty to defend the free world. In the Cold War that had some legitimacy up to a point but I said in a post Cold-War world I don't support that.
If there was a militarily powerful nation state that was knocking down govts around the world....that would get my interest. But you see we're the ones doing that nowadays.

On the other hand I would not be for removing troops from S Korea. I would from Okinawa. As I said earlier, I am going to take a swim now and head out. You keep asking me questions. Besides the Flying Monkey's have arrived. Nice chattin' with ya'.

Did I say its our duty to defend the free world?

Contrast the dangers of the cold war to the dangers of today and help me see your POV. What has changed that materially eliminates the need for non aggression pacts, treaties and mutual defense?

BucEyedPea
09-04-2010, 11:44 AM
Did I say its our duty to defend the free world?
It's implied by your questions that we have to defend allies. That's the free world.

Contrast the dangers of the cold war to the dangers of today and help me see your POV. What has changed that materially eliminates the need for non aggression pacts, treaties and mutual defense?

Nope. I am logging off like I said. You can check my archive as it's there.

Time to make patteeu happy by staying on topic.

Frankie
09-04-2010, 12:09 PM
Peace loving Muslims agree

:facepalm:

Frankie
09-04-2010, 12:12 PM

Technically, it was.

Frankie
09-04-2010, 12:14 PM

Does Rev. Phelps have a newspaper? This is the apt comparison.

Slainte
09-04-2010, 01:04 PM
I said earlier, I am going to take a swim now and head out. You keep asking me questions. Besides the Flying Monkey's have arrived.

http://www.fetchmyflyingmonkeys.com/blog/photo/AAA.jpg

Flying monkeys = Ron Paul's last ditch efforts for 2012...

Saul Good
09-04-2010, 01:32 PM
Does Rev. Phelps have a newspaper? This is the apt comparison.

Phelps is a Democrat who protests military funerals. Good comparison, though.