PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Derrick Johnson will start Monday VS San Diego

Farzin
09-06-2010, 08:00 PM
Good to hear.

http://www.victoriaadvocate.com/news/2010/sep/06/bc-fbn-chiefskc-_-sports-900-words/?sports&nfl

teedubya
09-06-2010, 08:02 PM
sweet. Victory for DJ... I hope Demorrio gets plenty of action though, he has been on fire lately.

'Hamas' Jenkins
09-06-2010, 08:02 PM
Wiegmann, Belcher, and DJ are all starting.

That's a nice change from the depth chart of two days ago.

Marcellus
09-06-2010, 08:03 PM
Can't be. I heard on CP that the coaching staff and FO won't ever change their minds on players etc....

Funny thing is he will likely be on the bench by game 3 by sucking ass unless he plays better than he has most of his career.

That being said I hope he kicks some ass!

-King-
09-06-2010, 08:04 PM

Rather have Williams over DJ, but I can with that.

What I can't deal with is Lewis not starting over McGraw. Lewis showed more range and more skill in 4 preseason games than McGraw has ever shown.

Marcellus
09-06-2010, 08:04 PM

I think everyone got too worked up over depth chart BS. Just glad to see it.

Especially Wiegmann. They didn't sign him for fun but they still gave Neiswanger a chance and he blew it.

Bane
09-06-2010, 08:05 PM
SB bound baby!!!!!

Marcellus
09-06-2010, 08:06 PM
Rather have Williams over DJ, but I can with that.

What I can't deal with is Lewis not starting over McGraw. Lewis showed more range and more skill in 4 preseason games than McGraw has ever shown.

Give it some time. I can understand not wanting to start 2 rookie safeties out the gate. Lewis will start before long.

McGraw had a good game in Denver last game of the season, maybe he can carry it over.

KCUnited
09-06-2010, 08:07 PM
This changes errything.

Coach
09-06-2010, 08:08 PM
Now if we can replace Vrabel with Stude.....

Marcellus
09-06-2010, 08:09 PM

Oh yea, and this.

-King-
09-06-2010, 08:09 PM
D. Williams is fucking pissed. He knows he outplayed DJ.

BossChief
09-06-2010, 08:12 PM

took the words right out of my mouth.

The next step after that is for Shaun Smith to earn the starting Nose spot and we may be noticeably improved in the front 7.

Marcellus
09-06-2010, 08:12 PM
D. Williams is ****ing pissed. He knows he outplayed DJ.

I imagine it will be a rotating position. I also fully expect DJ to play himself out of the job.

Williams had a great preseason but he was less impressive than DJ most of the time in the regular season it's just that he wasn't a KC 1st round pick so he didn't catch as much shit.

Farzin
09-06-2010, 08:15 PM

I think McGraw will be fine. Just look at the first three games and who the Chiefs are facing. I think at some point this season, Lewis will get the call to start. Starting a 5th round safety his rookie season might not be the smartest move. If anything, I think KC wants to play it safe with Lewis. Nonetheless, I still think Lewis will get some action. At some point, he'll get the nod to start.

-King-
09-06-2010, 08:17 PM
I imagine it will be a rotating position. I also fully expect DJ to play himself out of the job.

Williams had a great preseason but he was less impressive than DJ most of the time in the regular season it's just that he wasn't a KC 1st round pick so he didn't catch as much shit.

:LOL::LOL::LOL: Williams was average last season. DJ was fucking terribly shitty last year except for about a play a game. I'd take Williams over him any day.

Marcellus
09-06-2010, 08:19 PM
:LOL::LOL::LOL: Williams was average last season. DJ was ****ing terribly shitty last year except for about a play a game. I'd take Williams over him any day.

They both played better in preseason, I think Williams played himself into a 3rd down pass rusher roll kinda like they flip flopped.

the Talking Can
09-06-2010, 08:36 PM
cool

i hope and assume stude will get plenty of snaps....

Mr. Flopnuts
09-06-2010, 08:38 PM
D. Williams is fucking pissed. He knows he outplayed DJ.

Yeah. I hope he doesn't regress because of it. I was REALLY impressed with what he brought to the table the last couple of games. I didn't know he had that in him, and I'm hoping the coaching staff is confident that they're going to capitalize off of it.

-King-
09-06-2010, 08:39 PM
Whos starting? Richardson or O'Failahan?

Pasta Giant Meatball
09-06-2010, 08:40 PM
Belcher grabbed a starting spot, nice :clap:

Mr. Flopnuts
09-06-2010, 08:41 PM
Whos starting? Richardson or O'Failahan?

From everything I've read, Richardson. But keep in mind that O'fuckyourass is hurt so I'll be curious to see what happens when he heals up.

Saccopoo
09-06-2010, 08:41 PM

Very, although Williams showed a lot in the last two preseason games. If Johnson decides to drift off into mediocrity as is his wont to do, I imagine that it will be a quick hook getting him out of the starting lineup.

I'm glad Belcher is starting. He's got excellent instincts and really gets to the ball. He's got a lot of potential at the MLB spot. I think he'll really grow as the season progresses and we'll finally have that decent middle linebacker that the team has been missing for a long, long time.

If Weigmann didn't start, you would have had a fucking riot level situation. I don't think that there was any question he wasn't going to start over Rudy.

The Bad Guy
09-06-2010, 08:50 PM
Maybe DJ will finally get it. All I know is that DeMorrio never showed much at all last year and besides a few sacks, didn't do much this year.

He's a huge liability in the run game too.

BossChief
09-06-2010, 08:53 PM
Anytime I see DJs face now, he seems to have lost that "Im going to the candy store, anybody want me to grab em somethin?" look and has a "I like the taste of blood" look on his face. He is taking on blockers, staying in his gap and still making plays. I just hope it isnt all because of a contract year and that he is actually starting to "get it"

Thig Lyfe
09-06-2010, 08:54 PM
http://www.globalspec.com/NpaPics/87/115123_040220045749_ExhibitPic.jpg

RustShack
09-06-2010, 08:57 PM
Start Williams. Then start DJ at the other spot over Belcher/Mays. Problem solved.

BossChief
09-06-2010, 09:00 PM
Start Williams. Then start DJ at the other spot over Belcher/Mays. Problem solved.

:shake:

Williams had a whole year of chances and showed nothing at all, time for someone else to get his shot to show how much he has improved.

Williams and Mays are in their rightful places right now.

Chiefs Pantalones
09-06-2010, 09:01 PM
Anytime I see DJs face now, he seems to have lost that "Im going to the candy store, anybody want me to grab em somethin?" look and has a "I like the taste of blood" look on his face. He is taking on blockers, staying in his gap and still making plays. I just hope it isnt all because of a contract year and that he is actually starting to "get it"

Maybe he used to be on dat purple drank

-King-
09-06-2010, 09:23 PM

You have to have a bigger LB to play SILB. Williams and DJ would get abused like no other.

LiL stumppy
09-06-2010, 09:24 PM
:LOL::LOL::LOL: Williams was average last season. DJ was fucking terribly shitty last year except for about a play a game. I'd take Williams over him any day.

How can you be "terribly shitty" when you start and play under 3 games? :huh:

DJ should be a starter, has he warranted a first round pick? No, is he been decent? Yes? The fact of the matter is that he's phsyical freak and a great athlete, which is why he needs to be on the field.. He makes play simply because of that.

Thig Lyfe
09-06-2010, 09:30 PM

DJ should be a starter, has he warranted a first round pick? No, is he been decent? Yes? The fact of the matter is that he's phsyical freak and a great athlete, which is why he needs to be on the field.. He makes play simply because of that.

Punctuation..? Is it been decent. No! Grammers?: bad, at it.

mcaj22
09-06-2010, 09:31 PM
You know the first time Mathews runs up the middle for a 30 yard gain because DJ runs away from blockers he's going to get yanked instantly.

I'd imagine this might happen the first or second defensive series in the game.

LiL stumppy
09-06-2010, 09:41 PM
Punctuation..? Is it been decent. No! Grammers?: bad, at it.

I don't care?

RustShack
09-06-2010, 09:41 PM
You have to have a bigger LB to play SILB. Williams and DJ would get abused like no other.

Uhh.. You realize DJ is our biggest LB and Williams is bigger than Belcher who is starting at the other spot right?

RustShack
09-06-2010, 09:44 PM
Belcher- 6'2 228
Williams- 6'1 232
Mays- 6'1 245
Johnson- 6'3 242

LaChapelle
09-06-2010, 09:45 PM
It was funny at the opening of t he last pre-season game
with DJ pacing back and forth talking to himself
like a caged dog waiting to pounce on Vick ROFL

Great Expectations
09-06-2010, 10:03 PM
Dj obviously has the most talent. Playing on Monday night after a position battle during a contract year should bring out the best in him. If he and berry can slow down gates I like our chances Monday.

-King-
09-06-2010, 10:41 PM

He got enough plays that he looked terribly shitty. For fucks sake, GoChiefs gif'd him up THREE times in one drive in the denver game for missing tackles. 3 missed tackles in one drive... think about that.

-King-
09-06-2010, 10:42 PM
Belcher- 6'2 228
Williams- 6'1 232
Mays- 6'1 245
Johnson- 6'3 242

Good point. But Belcher looks like the SILB out of the two. And he's the better run stopper...at least in preseason.

milkman
09-06-2010, 10:53 PM
Good point. But Belcher looks like the SILB out of the two. And he's the better run stopper...at least in preseason.

It's not the size.

It's the "want".

You need a guy that get his hands dirty and knocks people on they ass, not some candy ass that wants to dance around.

milkman
09-06-2010, 10:56 PM
I don't care?

it's good to know that your stupidity isn't limited.

Not only do you not know what the hell you're talking about......again, you can't even express your lack of knowledge coherently.

LiL stumppy
09-06-2010, 10:58 PM
He got enough plays that he looked terribly shitty. For fucks sake, GoChiefs gif'd him up THREE times in one drive in the denver game for missing tackles. 3 missed tackles in one drive... think about that.

And look at the game last year he started, 2 ints, 2 TD's, 2 sacks I believe...

Exactly my point, is he at where he should be? No.

Should he play because he's a phsycial freak and can use that to make players? Yes, he's a boom or bust LB.

Marcellus
09-07-2010, 05:03 AM
And look at the game last year he started, 2 ints, 2 TD's, 2 sacks I believe...

Exactly my point, is he at where he should be? No.

Should he play because he's a phsycial freak and can use that to make players? Yes, he's a boom or bust LB.

I'll take LB's that bust for $1000 Alex.

He IS already a bust at this point.