Via KCTV5 Twitter

Silock
09-07-2010, 01:41 PM
LOL

About time.

Bambi
09-07-2010, 01:41 PM
Poor Gill.

I'm worried now the dude even makes it through the season.

Brainiac
09-07-2010, 01:42 PM
"Poor" Gill is looking like a damn poor hire right now.

Silock
09-07-2010, 01:43 PM
Poor Gill.

Thank God.

'Hamas' Jenkins
09-07-2010, 01:50 PM
Just think, you guys coulda had Jim Harbau...ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL

Sorry, I can't even type that with a straight face.

Coach
09-07-2010, 01:53 PM

Or Tuberville.

cdirty
09-07-2010, 01:54 PM
wow. thats not good for us.

mikeyis4dcats.
09-07-2010, 01:56 PM
I read he was still given his retention bonus

Lzen
09-07-2010, 01:57 PM
Or Tuberville.

I don't think Harbaugh was going to ever happen.

But Tuberville was supposedly very interested. Lew never even gave him the chance. :banghead:

DJ's left nut
09-07-2010, 02:10 PM
Couldn't have happened to a nicer guy.

DeezNutz
09-07-2010, 02:12 PM
We had options!!!

Coach
09-07-2010, 02:12 PM
Just had to quote this. Too funny.

Sweet Lew. Sweet, sweet Lew. You magnificent bastard!

I never thought a guy could pull this hire out of hat amid a IRS/NCAA million dollar ticket scandal, put the KUAC into 40 million in debt, claim blackmail, write his own golden parachute where he works another year, retires with a full pension and then gives the Big XII the gift of a loss to NDSU.

He's an incredible shark.

OnTheWarpath58
09-07-2010, 02:13 PM
Looks like he'll have plenty of time to use that exercise equipment he <del>stole</del> <del>borrowed</del> bought.

Pants
09-07-2010, 02:16 PM
Dude upgraded all of our facilities to some of the best in the nation, saw over a National Championship and an Orange Bowl winning season. For that I'm grateful.

Brock
09-07-2010, 02:17 PM
Poor Gill.

Oh, bullshit. Gill will be here a couple of years at least.

ArrowheadHawk
09-07-2010, 02:24 PM
And he still gets paid.

Bambi
09-07-2010, 02:25 PM
Dude upgraded all of our facilities to some of the best in the nation, saw over a National Championship and an Orange Bowl winning season. For that I'm grateful.

Like I said in another thread. Missouri, KSU and Nebraska would all have put up with Lew's nonsense had it meant doing any of those things in the last 7 years he was in power.

It's time for him to go, yes.

Saulbadguy
09-07-2010, 02:28 PM

THE PAC-10 PLANE IS HERE!!11

DeezNutz
09-07-2010, 02:30 PM
Oh, bullshit. Gill will be here a couple of years, max.

FYP.

If the new AD arrives this academic year, you might have a new coach to start 2011.

100% lock that someone new will be coaching in 2012.

Saulbadguy
09-07-2010, 02:33 PM
Like I said in another thread. Missouri, KSU and Nebraska would all have put up with Lew's nonsense had it meant doing any of those things in the last 7 years he was in power.

Yeah - like Lew was responsible for any of that. He's made 2 coaching hires while at KU. One is a complete failure. The other is off to a rough start.

Dave Lane
09-07-2010, 02:33 PM
Poor Gill.

If it was up to me he wouldn't make it through the day.

KC_Connection
09-07-2010, 02:40 PM
You have to take the good with the bad during Perkins' run. And there was a ton of good (particularly getting KU into the Orange Bowl over MU).

My only question now is...who is going to call in the favors to get Selby eligible?

Pants
09-07-2010, 02:41 PM
Yeah - like Lew was responsible for any of that. He's made 2 coaching hires while at KU. One is a complete failure. The other is off to a rough start.

Yeah, I was really hoping he'd hire a competent women's basketball coach.

Chocolate Hog
09-07-2010, 02:45 PM

Bullshit Nebraska would fire a coach for only winning 9 games.

Frazod
09-07-2010, 02:53 PM
You have to take the good with the bad during Perkins' run. And there was a ton of good (particularly getting KU into the Orange Bowl over MU).

Yeah, that was 100% on him. God knows your faggot-assed players had nothing to do with it.

Brock
09-07-2010, 02:53 PM
Bullshit Nebraska would fire a coach for only winning 9 games.

Well, recently they didn't.

gblowfish
09-07-2010, 02:54 PM
Somewhere Mark Mangino is sucking down a Triple Stack Burger and laughing his jolly fat ass off...

Brock
09-07-2010, 02:55 PM
Somewhere Mark Mangino is sucking down a Triple Stack Burger and angrily and obscenely berating minimum wage workers...

FYP

Pants
09-07-2010, 02:57 PM
Somewhere Mark Mangino is sucking down a Triple Stack Burger and laughing his jolly fat ass off...

Yeah, the big man shouldn't have been let go. It is what it is. We're used going through a lot of pain with football over here.

Chocolate Hog
09-07-2010, 03:01 PM
Yeah, the big man shouldn't have been let go. It is what it is. We're used going through a lot of pain with football over here.

What was the reasoning for him being fired? He used racial slurs to a few players?

Bambi
09-07-2010, 03:02 PM
Yeah, that was 100% on him. God knows your pillowbiter-assed players had nothing to do with it.

JFC. You are so pathetic. Unless you're being sarcastic but probably not.

DeezNutz
09-07-2010, 03:03 PM
What was the reasoning for him being fired? He used racial slurs to a few players?

No, he was mean.

Pants
09-07-2010, 03:04 PM

He was fired because 2010 was going down the shitter.

Bambi
09-07-2010, 03:04 PM

He was an asshole to a few players and not a very popular figure amongst the KU money.

Bambi
09-07-2010, 03:05 PM
Front page news on Fox Sports site.

Chocolate Hog
09-07-2010, 03:08 PM
Keitzman points out Lews last 2 games: A Basketball loss to Nothern Iowa and a loss to North Dakota State in football ROFL

Frazod
09-07-2010, 03:11 PM
JFC. You are so pathetic. Unless you're being sarcastic but probably not.

I realize that you're pretty much the dumbest fuck on the board, but let me explain it to you. We BEAT YOU, won the division, and advanced to the championship game. In that game, we lost to a team that would have beaten Kansas just as easily as they beat us, except you didn't play them (or anybody else of note, except us) during the regular season, and were denied the opportunity to play them because we advanced to the championship game, again, BECAUSE WE BEAT YOU, YOU FUCKING RETARD.

So no, your players had nothing to do with it. It was all on Lew and the the handful of Florida stadium owners that he bought/sucked off. Nobody else was impressed, but thanks to BCS corruption, nobody else needed to be impressed.

This is like explaining chess to an ape, except eventually the ape might get it.

Bambi
09-07-2010, 03:16 PM
I realize that you're pretty much the dumbest **** on the board, but let me explain it to you. We BEAT YOU, won the division, and advanced to the championship game. In that game, we lost to a team that would have beaten Kansas just as easily as they beat us, except you didn't play them (or anybody else of note, except us) during the regular season, and were denied the opportunity to play them because we advanced to the championship game, again, BECAUSE WE BEAT YOU, YOU ****ING RETARD.

So no, your players had nothing to do with it. It was all on Lew and the the handful of Florida stadium owners that he bought/sucked off. Nobody else was impressed, but thanks to BCS corruption, nobody else needed to be impressed.

This is like explaining chess to an ape, except eventually the ape might get it.

Kansas is more a more attractive get than Missouri. I thought you would have been put in your place after your Big 10 disaster. LMAO

Guess not. LMAO

Maybe you should have let the Kansas team go and play Oklahoma in the champ game. Maybe Kansas wouldn't have embarrassed the North. Missouri got pretty good at doing that and maybe you'd have another chance this year but unfortunately your starting RB is a rapist. Oh well

Bambi
09-07-2010, 03:17 PM
I realize that you're pretty much the dumbest **** on the board, but let me explain it to you. We BEAT YOU, won the division, and advanced to the championship game. In that game, we lost to a team that would have beaten Kansas just as easily as they beat us, except you didn't play them (or anybody else of note, except us) during the regular season, and were denied the opportunity to play them because we advanced to the championship game, again, BECAUSE WE BEAT YOU, YOU ****ING RETARD.

Oh and I think Frank Beamer, the ACC, Kam Chancellor, and Brandon Flowers were kinda impressed when Kansas dismantled them.

If KU woulda lost I could see your point. But they didn't sooooo....

chiefsnorth
09-07-2010, 03:18 PM
Yeah, the big man shouldn't have been let go. It is what it is. We're used to ignoring the football program when it isn't good over here.

Fixied! :)

Pants
09-07-2010, 03:18 PM
Sometimes, I really love Chiefsplanet.

Frazod
09-07-2010, 03:19 PM
Kansas is more a more attractive get than Missouri. I thought you would have been put in your place after your Big 10 disaster. LMAO

Guess not. LMAO

Maybe you should have let the Kansas team go and play Oklahoma in the champ game. Maybe Kansas wouldn't have embarrassed the North. Missouri got pretty good at doing that and maybe you'd have another chance this year but unfortunately your starting RB is a rapist. Oh well

I'll just let the idiocy of this reply speak for itself.

Thank God our fanbase has no equivalent to you. You are a KUnt among KUnts.

Chocolate Hog
09-07-2010, 03:20 PM

Guess not. LMAO

KU vs the south powerhouse teams the last few years

Ou- 45-31 loss
Texas Tech- 63-21
Texas- 35-7
Ou 35-13
Texas 50-21

Saulbadguy
09-07-2010, 03:22 PM

They do, they just haven't figured out the whole internet thing yet.

Or, they have been contained at tigerboard.

Frazod
Oh and I think Frank Beamer, the ACC, Kam Chancellor, and Brandon Flowers were kinda impressed when Kansas dismantled them.

If KU woulda lost I could see your point. But they didn't sooooo....

You were lucky enough to draw another fraud as an opponent. Remember, we beat two overrated "BCS" teams in 2007 - the other one drew USC as an opponent, not the Chokies.

As I remember, Illinois gave us a better game, too. And unlike Kansas, they actually beat a decent team to get there.

Bambi
KU vs the south powerhouse teams the last few years

Ou- 45-31 loss
Texas Tech- 63-21
Texas- 35-7
Ou 35-13
Texas 50-21

Isn't Nebraska like 1-10 against those same teams the last few years?

Saul Good
09-07-2010, 03:23 PM
FYP.

If the new AD arrives this academic year, you might have a new coach to start 2011.

100% lock that someone new will be coaching in 2012.
They don't have the money to buy him out and pay another coach. They have just scratched checks to Mangino, Perkins, and cupca...errr NDSU.

Saulbadguy
09-07-2010, 03:24 PM

Give it up to the last team from the North to hoist the Big XII Championship trophy!

:ksu:

Frazod
09-07-2010, 03:25 PM
Give it up to the last team from the North to hoist the Big XII Championship trophy!

:ksu:

Must suck to have never even made it to the game.

Chocolate Hog
09-07-2010, 03:25 PM

They've atleast competed in most of those games. Your prophet can't even beat NDSU.

Bump
09-07-2010, 03:26 PM

get over it MUron. We still had to beat a very good Virginia Tech team to win the orange bowl. You will forever be jealous and bitter and I LOVE IT!

Bambi
09-07-2010, 03:29 PM
get over it MUron. We still had to beat a very good Virginia Tech team to win the orange bowl. You will forever be jealous and bitter and I LOVE IT!

He's so mad over it. Cracks me up. It's just a football game, jesus.

Bump
09-07-2010, 03:30 PM
He's so mad over it. Cracks me up. It's just a football game, jesus.

When he's 80 years old and sitting on his front porch he's still going to go on about it. By that point they still won't hold any major trophies. LMAO

Bambi
09-07-2010, 03:31 PM
When he's 80 years old and sitting on his front porch he's still going to go on about it. By that point they still won't hold any major trophies. LMAO

I'm just happy KU got theirs before the death sentence for everyone that is next year.

blaise
09-07-2010, 03:31 PM
Good to see that Orange Bowl win catapulted KU into a major powerhouse.

Bambi
09-07-2010, 03:32 PM

Well they've got top 10 facilities so, err.....

Bump
09-07-2010, 03:33 PM

Nobody ever said that, obviously we suck this year and we weren't very good the last two seasons. But, we still have a BCS Bowl victory in recent memory.

Chocolate Hog
09-07-2010, 03:33 PM

And a 60 something ranked recruiting class. Fuck yea nice facilities, concrete for turf, and a high school looking stadium!

Bambi
09-07-2010, 03:34 PM
Nobody ever said that, obviously we suck this year and we weren't very good the last two seasons. But, we still have a BCS Bowl victory in recent memory.

Be fair, they crushed Big 10 Minnesota two years ago in the Insight. That was a fun one.

blaise

That's good. Their football players can lose in style.

blaise

Yeah, I wouldn't say "nobody ever said that". Not in this thread, but that was definitely a sentiment after the Orange Bowl win.

Bump
09-07-2010, 03:36 PM
Yeah, I wouldn't say "nobody ever said that". Not in this thread, but that was definitely a sentiment after the Orange Bowl win.

well wouldn't you feel that way if your team just won a BCS bowl? I would think any rational fan would think so.

Bambi
09-07-2010, 03:36 PM
And a 60 something ranked recruiting class. **** yea nice facilities, concrete for turf, and a high school looking stadium!

I think it's one of the nicest places to watch a college football game in America. no homo

Bump
09-07-2010, 03:37 PM

Would you feel that way if your team just won a BCS bowl? I would think any rational fan would think so.

Frazod
09-07-2010, 03:40 PM

Awww, looks like someone's all butthurt because I rejected his friend request. LMAO

For the 1,000th time, for the benefit Wickedson, you and every other inbred retard that ever crawled out of the wasteland, I'll say this - watching MU beat KU at Arrowhead was one of the most memorable experiences of my life. Had we lost that game, I would have been so ashamed that nothing that came later, deserved, undeserved or otherwise, would have mattered.

But you'd have to be a man to understand.

chiefsnorth
09-07-2010, 03:44 PM
Be fair, they crushed Big 10 Minnesota two years ago in the Insight. That was a fun one.

Hey, no trashing schools that beat their 1-AA opponent this week.

chiefsnorth
09-07-2010, 03:47 PM
I think it's one of the nicest places to watch a college football game in America. no homo

:LOL: :spock:

Bump
09-07-2010, 03:47 PM
Awww, looks like someone's all butthurt because I rejected his friend request. LMAO

For the 1,000th time, for the benefit Wickedson, you and every other inbred retard that ever crawled out of the wasteland, I'll say this - watching MU beat KU at Arrowhead was one of the most memorable experiences of my life. Had we lost that game, I would have been so ashamed that nothing that came later, deserved, undeserved or otherwise, would have mattered.

That should be the top moment of your life. That was the best win in Mizzou football history.

teedubya
09-07-2010, 03:48 PM
Bye Lew, the Mafioso AD.

Bambi

I guess I became a man the next year...

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/M6MFwkw9KXA?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/M6MFwkw9KXA?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Saulbadguy
And a 60 something ranked recruiting class. Fuck yea nice facilities, concrete for turf, and a high school looking stadium!

You gotta love the track surrounding the field.

ArrowheadHawk
09-07-2010, 03:49 PM

I call bullshit. You would just change your perspective and bitch about something else.

Pants

We beat you the next year yet you're still here. It's pretty flattering that beating us in a regular season game gave you that special feeling. Here at KU, it takes a BCS Bowl win or a National Championship to get that feeling. Beating you is always a highlight of the season, but, no offense, I'd rather lose to you every single time if that meant a win that actually goes in the history books under "Important Achievements". :)

P.S. There's a lot more inbreeding in MO than in KS.

teedubya
You gotta love the track surrounding the field.

It's the finest track around the field in all of the Big 12.

Saulbadguy
09-07-2010, 03:50 PM

Agreed.

Bambi
09-07-2010, 03:52 PM

This is true.

DaneMcCloud
09-07-2010, 03:58 PM

He was a bad hire the moment it was announced

Bump
09-07-2010, 04:02 PM
He was a bad hire the moment it was announced

Not many KU fans that I knew were happy about the hire. I knew a couple of homer's that thought he was a great choice, but they'd be happy with any decision.

Frazod
09-07-2010, 04:05 PM
We beat you the next year yet you're still here. It's pretty flattering that beating us in a regular season game gave you that special feeling. Here at KU, it takes a BCS Bowl win or a National Championship to get that feeling. Beating you is always a highlight of the season, but, no offense, I'd rather lose to you every single time if that meant a win that actually goes in the history books under "Important Achievements". :)

P.S. There's a lot more inbreeding in MO than in KS.

LMAO You silly KUnts, first you try to pretend like the 2007 game never happened, then you act like the 2008 game had the same signifigance.

And what "important achievement" is winning a BCS game if it isn't the championship? It so impressed the pollsters that even after KU won, they were STILL ranked below Missouri. Was there some special history between KU and VT that we're all unaware of?

As for the inbreeding, given the vast population differences between Missouri and the Wasteland, you may be right. I was specifically referring, however, to the ones who post here.

Brainiac
09-07-2010, 04:05 PM
Not many KU fans that I knew were happy about the hire. I knew a couple of homer's that thought he was a great choice, but they'd be happy with any decision.
I hated the hire when they announced it.

I liked it when he was in the stands at a KU basketball game with a bunch of football recruits. I thought "maybe this guy can recruit".

I hate it now. I don't see how KU can win a game this year if they can only score 3 points against North Dakota State.

Brainiac
09-07-2010, 04:06 PM
LMAO You silly KUnts, first you try to pretend like the 2007 game never happened, then you act like the 2008 game had the same signifigance.

And what "important achievement" is winning a BCS game if it isn't the championship? It so impressed the pollsters that even after KU won, they were STILL ranked below Missouri. Was there some special history between KU and VT that we're all unaware of?

As for the inbreding, given the vast population differences between Missouri and the Wasteland, you may be right. I was specifically referring, however, to the ones who post here.
You are not making MU fans look good with posts like this.

kstater
09-07-2010, 04:06 PM
So why's he bailing before his scheduled departure? (another)Scandal Coming?

Pants
09-07-2010, 04:08 PM

I was against the firing of the Big Man, but I'm not going to lie - I was hopeful after the Gill hire. I'm still not convinced he's complete garbage, but that is one mighty big stain that sullied KU last Saturday.

Frazod
09-07-2010, 04:11 PM
You are not making MU fans look good with posts like this.

Are you telling me that Perkins was able to go back and alter the polls later? Neat trick.

Pants
09-07-2010, 04:11 PM

This is just outright wrong, lol. The 2008 game is brought up merely to show you that we beat each other on a regular basis. And yes, the Orange Bowl doesn't come close to winning the NC but it sure as fuck is a lot more important than winning a regular season game.

Frazod
09-07-2010, 04:17 PM
This is just outright wrong, lol. The 2008 game is brought up merely to show you that we beat each other on a regular basis. And yes, the Orange Bowl doesn't come close to winning the NC but it sure as fuck is a lot more important than winning a regular season game.

Yeah, just a plain old regular season game. Same as a hundred others. Nothing on the line, no big deal, shit, I guess we were lucky it was even televised. Wait - was it televised? I mean, I was there, so I wasn't watching from home at the time. Such a mundane, inconsequential game, it might have been preempted by a Cheers marathon or something.

Hell, it might not have even been aired on the radio. Perhaps people who weren't there just had to read about it in the Star the next day.

Pants
09-07-2010, 04:23 PM
Yeah, just a plain old regular season game. Same as a hundred others. Nothing on the line, no big deal, shit, I guess we were lucky it was even televised. Wait - was it televised? I mean, I was there, so I wasn't watching from home at the time. Such a mundane, inconsequential game, it might have been preempted by a Cheers marathon or something.

Hell, it might not have even been aired on the radio. Perhaps people who weren't there just had to read about it in the Star the next day.

Oh no, I realize it was a big game as far as regular season games go, no argument. That shitty trophy you guys got for it pales in comparison to the one filled with Oranges though, innit?

Don't worry, I'd be mad too. I would've been really mad had KState won the NC in basketball last year after we shellacked them three ****ing times in regular season and the shitty league tournament nobody cares about (sorry for the BB analogy, I know it's a CP faux pas but it's pretty apropos here).

Dartgod
09-07-2010, 04:32 PM
Don't worry, I'd be mad too. I would've been really mad had KState won the NC in basketball last year after we shellacked them three ****ing times in regular season and the shitty league tournament nobody cares about (sorry for the BB analogy, I know it's a CP faux pas but it's pretty apropos here).
Would you not have been pissed if KSU made the tournament and KU did not in your scenario?

Frazod
09-07-2010, 04:33 PM
Oh no, I realize it was a big game as far as regular season games go, no argument. That shitty trophy you guys got for it pales in comparison to the one filled with Oranges though, innit?

The talkingsportsheads at Fox and ESPN keep trying to convince me that this bowl of oranges is a big deal because somebody stamped the letters "BCS" on the side of it. They also try to convince me that soccer doesn't suck dick, that golf is a sport, that I should give a fuck what team LeBron James plays for, and most importantly that I should check in to see if Brett Favre is retired or unretired every five minutes.

I guess I just don't get it. :shrug:

boogblaster
09-07-2010, 04:34 PM
lew knows pay-off .....

Pants
09-07-2010, 04:35 PM
The talkingsportsheads at Fox and ESPN keep trying to convince me that this bowl of oranges is a big deal because somebody stamped the letters "BCS" on the side of it. They also try to convince me that soccer doesn't suck dick, that golf is a sport, that I should give a **** what team LeBron James plays for, and most importantly that I should check in to see if Brett Favre is retired or unretired every five minutes.

I don't get it either, but it is what it is. I really wish they would get rid of the bowls and have a playoff, but I guess it's too big of a cash cow?

Frazod
09-07-2010, 04:36 PM
I don't get it either, but it is what it is. I really wish they would get rid of the bowls and have a playoff, but I guess it's too big of a cash cow?

I don't think you'd like a playoff. In a playoff, when you win, you advance.

chiefsnorth
09-07-2010, 04:36 PM
Are you telling me that Perkins was able to go back and alter the polls later? Neat trick.

Well he can extract $1500 from people to watch this team so it sounds like he could sell ice cubes to eskimos

Pants
09-07-2010, 04:37 PM
Would you not have been pissed if KSU made the tournament and KU did not in your scenario?

Oh, I definitely would. That's why I said I understand why he's so angry about it. I still think we deserved to be in it, though, seeing as how we actually won it.

Dartgod
09-07-2010, 04:42 PM
Oh, I definitely would. That's why I said I understand why he's so angry about it. I still think we deserved to be in it, though, seeing as how we actually won it.
No question they represented the university and the Big 12 well once they got there. But I don't see how anyone can think that they "deserved" to be there over Missouri though. Their invite had nothing to do with what happened on the field.

ArrowheadHawk
09-07-2010, 04:42 PM
Well he can extract $1500 from people to watch this team so it sounds like he could sell ice cubes to eskimos

:cuss:

Bambi
09-07-2010, 04:46 PM
I don't think you'd like a playoff. In a playoff, when you win, you advance.

The second someone tries to talk normal to you, you just act like a dick.

This is why you're a loser and probably fat.

Bambi
09-07-2010, 04:48 PM
No question they represented the university and the Big 12 well once they got there. But I don't see how anyone can think that they "deserved" to be there over Missouri though. Their invite had nothing to do with what happened on the field.

I dunno they beat two Big 12 south teams on the road and scored more points on Nebraska then anyone in the history of their school.

No one said the schedule was killer but they took advantage of it and won all their games up to that point.

Had MU taken advantage of their opportunity and defeated Oklahoma thy would have gone to the Orange Bowl over KU. You can't say MU didn't have their chance..... twice.

Bump
09-07-2010, 04:52 PM
The talkingsportsheads at Fox and ESPN keep trying to convince me that this bowl of oranges is a big deal because somebody stamped the letters "BCS" on the side of it. They also try to convince me that soccer doesn't suck dick, that golf is a sport, that I should give a **** what team LeBron James plays for, and most importantly that I should check in to see if Brett Favre is retired or unretired every five minutes.

Then why are you pissed that we got to play in this game that you care nothing about and means nothing? Why are you still talking about it? It meant nothing right? But yet, you are still very much affected by this game that we won, but meant nothing. You feel like MU should have played in this meaningless BCS bowl and that's why you are mad, but if you feel that this BCS bowl game meant absolutely nothing, then why care? It wouldn't have meant anything if it were MU vs VT, right? Why are you still going on about it if it's so meaningless, you should have forgotten about it by now if that is the case.

Silock

I agree.

However, without a playoff, winning a BCS game doesn't really mean as much as it should.

Pants

Wait, so it's not OK to pay to watch a losing team but it's also being a shitty fan when you don't and you only care about basketball? You ****ing retards can make any situation work, huh? LMAO

Bump
09-07-2010, 04:54 PM

I was just about say that. A sensible KU fans tries to talk reasonable to a bitter old MU fan and the MU fan acts like a dick, no real surprise there.

Frazod
09-07-2010, 04:54 PM

LMAO

In 750 posts, you've managed to secure yourself amongst the most idiotic douchebags to ever infest this site. I don't know whether you're fat or thin, or tall or short, fucking some dude or your hand, and frankly I don't care, since I only deal with your ignorance on this BB.

I almost feel sorry for you.

Almost.

Bambi
09-07-2010, 04:55 PM
I was just about say that. A sensible KU fans tries to talk reasonable to a bitter old MU fan and the MU fan acts like a dick, no real surprise there.

They're aren't all like that. KCMizzou and I were going at it last night and then became friendly.

This Frazod character just seems like he's so angry about everything. One of you guys should go get him laid in Lawrence.

Frazod
09-07-2010, 04:56 PM
Then why are you pissed that we got to play in this game that you care nothing about and means nothing? Why are you still talking about it? It meant nothing right? But yet, you are still very much affected by this game that we won, but meant nothing. You feel like MU should have played in this meaningless BCS bowl and that's why you are mad, but if you feel that this BCS bowl game meant absolutely nothing, then why care? It wouldn't have meant anything if it were MU vs VT, right? Why are you still going on about it if it's so meaningless, you should have forgotten about it by now if that is the case.

You missed a comma after "nothing," Nancy. Be sure to correct yourself.

Bump
09-07-2010, 04:58 PM
You missed a comma after "nothing," Nancy. Be sure to correct yourself.

ok, thanks. I have no problem being corrected. I dish it out and I can take it too.

DeezNutz
KCMizzou and I were going at it last night and then became friendly.

Well that's good. Typically, people become friendly first, but congrats nonetheless.

Dartgod
I dunno they beat two Big 12 south teams on the road and scored more points on Nebraska then anyone in the history of their school.

No one said the schedule was killer but they took advantage of it and won all their games up to that point.

Had MU taken advantage of their opportunity and defeated Oklahoma thy would have gone to the Orange Bowl over KU. You can't say MU didn't have their chance..... twice.
If KU had beat Mizzou and then got pounded in the Conference Championship game, should MU have gotten the Orange Bowl invite?

Bambi
LMAO

In 750 posts, you've managed to secure yourself amongst the most idiotic douchebags to ever infest this site. I don't know whether you're fat or thin, or tall or short, ****ing some dude or your hand, and frankly I don't care, since I only deal with your ignorance on this BB.

Almost.

The Big 10 doesn't love you, the BCS doesn't love you, but don't worry... I do.

Frazod
09-07-2010, 04:59 PM
They're aren't all like that. KCMizzou and I were going at it last night and then became friendly.

This Frazod character just seems like he's so angry about everything. One of you guys should go get him laid in Lawrence.

Sorry, I only copulate within my own species.

Pants
09-07-2010, 04:59 PM
I agree.

However, without a playoff, winning a BCS game doesn't really mean as much as it should.

Yeah, it doesn't even come close to being the national champ. The other Bowls are obviously nothing more than money-making vehicles.

DeezNutz
09-07-2010, 05:00 PM
Yeah, it doesn't even come close to being the national champ. The other Bowls are obviously nothing more than money-making vehicles.

No, no. It's about protecting the "student athletes."

Bambi
If KU had beat Mizzou and then got pounded in the Conference Championship game, should MU have gotten the Orange Bowl invite?

Woulda left both teams with one loss. Would have been a decision left up to the Orange Bowl. They would have taken the more attractive school.

That was proven to be KU. Kansas has a bigger national draw.

Reerun_KC
Must suck to have never even made it to the game.
Well tell us about it, You of all fans would know.. MU has never been to a championship game in football or basketball...

chiefsnorth
09-07-2010, 05:01 PM
Wait, so it's not OK to pay to watch a losing team but it's also being a shitty fan when you don't and you only care about basketball? You ****ing retards can make any situation work, huh? LMAO

The poor rube who is to date paying $500 per point for his seats is obviously not of the same variety of fan as those who had been keeping the stadium relatively populated until last year.

DeezNutz
09-07-2010, 05:01 PM
Woulda left both teams with one loss. Would have been a decision left up to the Orange Bowl. They would have taken the more attractive school.

That was proven to be KU. Kansas has a bigger national draw.

No question. Topeka, Manhattan, Wichita...damn. Television dollars. Oh, and Garden City.

And KU plays well in all the major media markets.

Reerun_KC
09-07-2010, 05:02 PM
No question. Topeka, Manhattan, Wichita...damn. Television dollars. Oh, and Garden City.

You forgot Hays and Pittsburg....

Coach
09-07-2010, 05:03 PM
You forgot Hays and Pittsburg....

Fuck man, he forgot Salina as well. Gotta throw in Dodge City as well.

Dartgod
09-07-2010, 05:04 PM
A sensible KU fan...
LOL WUT?

Bambi

More people tune in nationwide to Kansas games over Missouri games. This was proven with the BCS's selection of Kansas over Missouri.

It's not a big deal. There are just more KU alums living in cities than MU.

Reerun_KC
**** man, he forgot Salina as well. Gotta throw in Dodge City as well.

Emporia?

Wheres the love man?????

Coach
09-07-2010, 05:05 PM
Emporia?

Wheres the love man?????

Hays?

Reerun_KC
09-07-2010, 05:06 PM
More people tune in nationwide to Kansas games over Missouri games. This was proven with the BCS's selection of Kansas over Missouri.

Actually? How this is still relevant in todays conversations is beyond me...

Jesus that was 3 seasons ago...

IF I was Frazod I would be more worried about MU and all the hype surrounding them playing in the BCS title game, then I would be over KU and something that happened almost 3 years ago...

DeezNutz
09-07-2010, 05:07 PM
There are just more KU alums living in cities than MU.

Anyone? LMAO.

I'd like to write more, but there are power surges in my village, currently.

teedubya
09-07-2010, 05:08 PM
So, who do we get to replace Lew dog? Any ideas? Hopefully someone equally adept at sucking BCS officials off... but without the scandals.

Bambi
09-07-2010, 05:09 PM
Anyone? LMAO.

Where do you live?

teedubya
Anyone? LMAO.

You'd better run down the to well, to get some water before the storm hits... you still need to boil it before drinkin, you know. :D

Reerun_KC
Hays?

LOL, yep...

DeezNutz
Where do you live?

You're not getting friendly with me, pal.

Reerun_KC
09-07-2010, 05:10 PM
Anyone? LMAO.

ROFL

the Talking Can
09-07-2010, 05:18 PM

ya think?

how in the name of jesus do you pass on Tuberville for a Gill?

KU will probably never have a chance again to hire a coach with tuberville's resume....dude went undefeated in the S FUCKING E FUCKING C

these are decisions that destroy programs....(wait for it)...

much like trading for Cassel...

booya!

Reerun_KC
09-07-2010, 05:20 PM
ya think?

how in the name of jesus do you pass on Tuberville for a Gill?

KU will probably never have a chance again to hire a coach with tuberville's resume....dude went undefeated in the S ****ING E ****ING C

booya!

Bitch all you want about Cassel. But he will never do the damage to a franchise that Herm can or did...

Brock
09-07-2010, 05:21 PM

booya!

ROFL

DeezNutz
09-07-2010, 05:23 PM
Bitch all you want about Cassel. But he will never do the damage to a franchise that Herm can or did...

LMAO.

Reerun_KC
09-07-2010, 05:24 PM
LMAO.

Glad to see that your electricity in the village is back...

the Talking Can
09-07-2010, 05:25 PM

random

but ok

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-07-2010, 06:17 PM
Anyone? LMAO.

ROFL rep.

warpaint*
09-07-2010, 07:55 PM

This has zero impact on bowl selection processes.

It's all about tickets sold. Perkins beat Alden to the punch and guaranteed enough ticket sales to satisfy the OB obvously. Thus the Orange Bowl chose KU. As a result whatever KU fans didn't buy up KU had to eat.

The fallacy in all of these bowl arguments is that bowls do not exist to reward the most deserving teams at the end of their seasons. They exist to make $ and are free to invite whomever they choose.

It's why Notre Dame can go to the Fiesta Bowl with a 6-4-1 record (1994). There are numerous other examples. Many of them involve Notre Dame but not all.

For the record I am a MU fan.

warpaint*
09-07-2010, 08:00 PM
Actually? How this is still relevant in todays conversations is beyond me...

Jesus that was 3 seasons ago...

IF I was Frazod I would be more worried about MU and all the hype surrounding them playing in the BCS title game, then I would be over KU and something that happened almost 3 years ago...

I agree. After dismantling the big ten's version of Kansas we are clearly destined for the CFBall Penthouse.

Reaper16
09-07-2010, 08:13 PM

This went from smack talk to a complete logic fail.

Shogun
09-07-2010, 08:14 PM
I think all that can really be said about Lew Perkins is.

He was a great man before he was a complete Bonerface.

ArrowheadHawk
09-07-2010, 08:17 PM
Bonerface? Realy?

Shogun
09-07-2010, 08:20 PM
Bonerface? Realy?

I have picture evidence to prove so.

KC_Connection
09-07-2010, 09:18 PM
Yeah, that was 100% on him. God knows your pillowbiter-assed players had nothing to do with it.
I don't care how he did it. I just care that he did. KU has an Orange Bowl victory instead of a Cotton Bowl victory thanks to him.

Frazod
09-07-2010, 09:24 PM
I don't care how he did it. I just care that he did. KU has an Orange Bowl victory instead of a Cotton Bowl victory thanks to him.

That's nice.

Final rankings:

Missouri #4
Kansas #7

As always, you're a breath of fresh air. Most beakers tap dance around preferring behind-the-scenes shenanigans to actually advancing by winning on the field. You, however, embrace it.

I'll bet you're a savvy businessman. Here's to you never getting caught. :toast:

DenverDanChiefsFan
09-07-2010, 09:26 PM
LMAO

In 750 posts, you've managed to secure yourself amongst the most idiotic douchebags to ever infest this site. I don't know whether you're fat or thin, or tall or short, ****ing some dude or your hand, and frankly I don't care, since I only deal with your ignorance on this BB.

Almost.That's funny. Considering your posting style I am sure it only took you 1 to secure your spot.

I don't know if you are fat or skinny either - but I definately picture you with a bright red face and steam coming out of your ears like the cartoon character you you act like here. :clap:

Spott
09-07-2010, 09:26 PM

And they turned around and gave all that extra money they got from the game to Mangino to buy out his contract so that they could hire a coach that can't even beat division I-AA teams.

Frazod
09-07-2010, 09:28 PM
That's funny. Considering your posting style I am sure it only took you 1 to secure your spot.

I don't know if you are fat or skinny either - but I definately picture you with a bright red face and steam coming out of your ears like the cartoon character you you act like here. :clap:

Sorry to disappoint you. As always, you Kansas types overestimate your importance in, well, everything. No steam, no rage, just doing my part to bring truth to the outer reaches of the Wasteland.

I'm definitely like stink bait for douchebags, though. I just hooked another one!

KC_Connection
09-07-2010, 09:35 PM
Final rankings:
Missouri #4
Kansas #7

I've never denied that both teams were among the best in college football that year, but only one got the respect of the BCS. KU has Perkins to thank for that. I can only hope that their search will lead to another like him (though hopefully with less scandal attached).

As always, you're a breath of fresh air. Most beakers tap dance around preferring behind-the-scenes shenanigans to actually advancing by winning on the field. You, however, embrace it.
Winning always has its price. You can't be consistently good at a high level like this unless you are willing to do whatever it takes.

I'll bet you're a savvy businessman. Here's to you never getting caught. :toast:
Ha, just a student who hopes to be a savvy businessman.

KC_Connection
09-07-2010, 09:39 PM
And they turned around and gave all that extra money they got from the game to Mangino to buy out his contract so that they could hire a coach that can't even beat division I-AA teams.
I never wanted Mangino gone. Partly because I think he did a great job here (who really gives a shit if he yelled at a few players and hurt their feelings) and also because there weren't really that many good options out there to replace him.

Mangino pissed off pretty much everybody, though, including Lew, and that sealed his exit.

Al Bundy
09-07-2010, 09:55 PM
Lew made out like a bandit here. He is smart, but if I were KU Fan I would be embarrassed at the way the whole thing was handled.

Bambi
09-07-2010, 10:17 PM
Oh well. What's done is done....like me in this thread...

http://media.kusports.com/img/wallpapers/2007/football/orange_bowl/talib/talib_1024x768.jpg

BWillie
09-07-2010, 10:19 PM
I never wanted Mangino gone. Partly because I think he did a great job here (who really gives a shit if he yelled at a few players and hurt their feelings) and also because there weren't really that many good options out there to replace him.

Mangino pissed off pretty much everybody, though, including Lew, and that sealed his exit.

I never wanted Mangino gone either, but after everything leaked out, you have to can him. It would have been terrible to recruiting and KU would only end up almost only two star guys that should be playing for Pitt State.

KU was screwed either way by then. I would have rather they handled it internal, and put Mangino on a shorter leash w/out everybody finding out about that. But I guess that is hard to do in this day and age.

KcMizzou
09-07-2010, 11:00 PM
I never wanted Mangino gone either, but after everything leaked out, you have to can him. It would have been terrible to recruiting and KU would only end up almost only two star guys that should be playing for Pitt State.

KU was screwed either way by then. I would have rather they handled it internal, and put Mangino on a shorter leash w/out everybody finding out about that. But I guess that is hard to do in this day and age.I agree. He was done either way once the story got big.

I'm surprised at how quick KU fans have turned on Gill. I know that was a horrible embarrassing loss, but it is one game. And most didn't expect KU football to be good this season anyway.

Chocolate Hog
09-07-2010, 11:01 PM
Oh well. What's done is done....like me in this thread...

http://media.kusports.com/img/wallpapers/2007/football/orange_bowl/talib/talib_1024x768.jpg

And people say Husker fans live in the past....

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-07-2010, 11:02 PM
I agree. He was done either way once the story got big.

I'm surprised at how quick KU fans have turned on Gill. I know that was a horrible embarrassing loss, but it is one game. And most didn't expect KU football to be good this season anyway.

I'm not. They're Beakers after all.:evil:

KcMizzou
09-07-2010, 11:04 PM
I'm not. They're Beakers after all.:evil:It went from general positivity, to "I never liked that hire in the first place" in about 3 hours of the season.

Granted, for fairly good reason...lol But I expected more of them would stick to their guns.

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-07-2010, 11:05 PM
It went from general positivity, to "I never liked that hire in the first place" in about 3 hours of the season.

"GET US BACK TO TEH ORANGE BOWL YESTERDAYZ, GIL"!!!!!!

No patience.:shake:

Chocolate Hog
09-07-2010, 11:09 PM
"GET US BACK TO TEH ORANGE BOWL YESTERDAYZ, GIL"!!!!!!

No patience.:shake:

You only can run a gimmick offense and get that kind of schedule once a generation. KU won't be back to the BCS for along time.

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-07-2010, 11:17 PM
You only can run a gimmick offense and get that kind of schedule once a generation. KU won't be back to the BCS for along time.

BUT MU WILL NEVERZ SEE A BCS GAMEZ/random Beak.

KC_Connection
09-07-2010, 11:39 PM
As I said in the game thread, I still have no real qualms with the Gill hire.

But that was a brutal game and KU would have won it quite easily with better coaching. Gill is going to have to make some significant changes in his style if KU has any hope of winning even 3-4 games this season.

Chocolate Hog
09-08-2010, 01:25 AM
Theres rumors Kale Pick has left the team ROFL

Mizzou_8541
09-08-2010, 07:06 AM

I heard that also. Any truth to that?

warpaint*
09-08-2010, 07:12 AM
I think Kale Pick could be a pretty good player.

Saulbadguy
09-08-2010, 07:49 AM

Where did you see this? I've heard the same thing in a couple of places - haven't seen anything close to official yet.

Reerun_KC
09-08-2010, 08:27 AM
Wow, this just keeps getting better and better...

Pants
09-08-2010, 09:35 AM
It went from general positivity, to "I never liked that hire in the first place" in about 3 hours of the season.

Granted, for fairly good reason...lol But I expected more of them would stick to their guns.

I don't know how many KU fans you know, but nobody I personally know wanted Mangino gone. Of course once Gill was hired, you have to be hopeful he can do something, so maybe that's what you mean by general positivity, I don't know. When your school only puts up 3 points against an 1-AA team, that tends to take away the guns you were expecting people to stick to. The same thing would have happened to your fanbase or any other. That is how the world works.

Bambi
09-08-2010, 09:42 AM
I don't know how many KU fans you know, but nobody I personally know wanted Mangino gone. Of course once Gill was hired, you have to be hopeful he can do something, so maybe that's what you mean by general positivity, I don't know. When your school only puts up 3 points against an 1-AA team, that tends to take away the guns you were expecting people to stick to. The same thing would have happened to your fanbase or any other. That is how the world works.

I think the fanbase was split roughly 50/50. The 50% that wanted him gone wasn't because they didn't think he could coach but was because they thought that all the garbage that kid complained about was going to hurt recruiting in the end.

Plus the witch hunts from the local media didn't help.

Plus the dude didn't kiss anyone's ass around Lawrence and the money people like their asses kissed.

KC_Connection
09-08-2010, 10:05 AM
Winning solves everything. I'm sure Mangino still would have been able to recruit if he kept having success.

Pants
09-08-2010, 10:24 AM
Winning solves everything. I'm sure Mangino still would have been able to recruit if he kept having success.

If he kept winning, the story would have never been leaked to begin with.

Terribilis
09-08-2010, 12:41 PM
How much you want to bet Pick said, "#^$% your #*%^#*ing cuss jar" on the way out

Chocolate Hog
09-08-2010, 01:55 PM
Where did you see this? I've heard the same thing in a couple of places - haven't seen anything close to official yet.

Kusports.com message board and I saw the Phog.net had a thread but I couldn't read it. Unconfirmed rumors.

Coach
09-08-2010, 01:57 PM
Anyone in Lawrence close to the team/university confirm/deny this, please?

TIA.

Saulbadguy
09-08-2010, 02:05 PM
Kusports.com message board and I saw the Phog.net had a thread but I couldn't read it. Unconfirmed rumors.

Unfortunately KU does not have an independent message board worth a shit.

Chocolate Hog
09-08-2010, 02:11 PM
I don't know who the fuck this guy is but someone on Twitter said he was at practice today. If I got benched vs NDSU I would leave the shcool.

Bambi
09-08-2010, 02:13 PM
Unfortunately KU does not have an independent message board worth a shit.

Most KU alumni have high paying jobs who don't have time to invest on message boards all day.

Saulbadguy
09-08-2010, 02:16 PM
Most KU alumni have high paying jobs who don't have time to invest on message boards all day.

:clap:

Saulbadguy
09-08-2010, 02:16 PM
I don't know who the fuck this guy is but someone on Twitter said he was at practice today. If I got benched vs NDSU I would leave the shcool.

Yeah, it doesn't sound like it is true.

Chocolate Hog
09-08-2010, 02:21 PM
Did the KU alumni pay to have the Pac 10 plane fly to KC to be part of the air show?

Pants
09-08-2010, 02:28 PM
Hey Saul, did you see that quote from Dodds saying how OU couldn't separate themselves from OSU and KU couldn't separate themselves from KSU? What's up with that? Fake?

Saulbadguy
09-08-2010, 02:44 PM
Hey Saul, did you see that quote from Dodds saying how OU couldn't separate themselves from OSU and KU couldn't separate themselves from KSU? What's up with that? Fake?

Where?

KC_Connection
09-08-2010, 03:09 PM
I have a question....why do a few of you guys care so much about KU football?

I would have never known about the Pick rumors if you didn't post it here.

Saulbadguy
09-08-2010, 03:14 PM

It's football season, it's something to discuss. Most KU fans cared about KU football for a few years but it looks like that has changed.

Bambi
09-08-2010, 03:14 PM

Me neither. I can't believe some of these people ride 18 year old jock all day. It's kinda strange. It's like they think they're on the team or something lol

Saulbadguy
09-08-2010, 03:17 PM
Me neither. I can't believe some of these people ride 18 year old jock all day. It's kinda strange. It's like they think they're on the team or something lol

Perhaps we should start spamming the board with stupid articles about the basketball team months before the season begins?

KC_Connection
09-08-2010, 03:20 PM
It's football season, it's something to discuss. Most KU fans cared about KU football for a few years but it looks like that has changed.
Oh, I still care about KU football. It's something to do every Saturday. I'm just not sure why you or a Nebraska fan are out looking at KU message boards for unsubstantiated rumors about the school's current backup QB.

Saulbadguy
09-08-2010, 03:23 PM
Oh, I still care about KU football. It's something to do every Saturday. I'm just not sure why you or a Nebraska fan are out looking at KU message boards for unsubstantiated rumors about the school's current backup QB.

If I heard a rumor about Oklahoma State's starting QB quit the team, i'd head over to orangepower.com to investigate.

So, i'll revise my answer to the previous question: We care about college football, KU fans (most of them) do not.

buddha
09-08-2010, 03:31 PM
How you judge the overall love for a certain sport at a school is their attendance during down years. Let's see where KU bottoms out this year, or maybe next year. There may still be some residual happiness in the KU fanbase from the Manjello era this year, even with the incredibly embarrassing loss to North Dakota State at home. I'm guessing it will bottom out at around 24K in some games. They'll announce it as higher, but that's how many will show up.

Perkins was one shifty, do anything to get ahead, kind of guy. Having the whole Pump scandal exposed earlier this year explained much about how KU operated behind the scenes. Perkins could guarantee ticket sales NOT because of a fervant football fanbase...we all know that isn't true...no, he had the Pump connection ready to fence anything that wasn't sold (allegedly...!)

Perkins represented most of what is bad with college sports. If you feel otherwise, you either can't see the situation clearly, or you haven't been paying attention.

Saulbadguy
09-08-2010, 03:35 PM
Perkins represented most of what is bad with college sports. If you feel otherwise, you either can't see the situation clearly, or you haven't been paying attention.

That's not what I heard when this shit first started going down. "Happens everywhere, nothing to see here, etc etc..."

ROFL

Pants
09-08-2010, 03:38 PM
That's not what I heard when this shit first started going down. "Happens everywhere, nothing to see here, etc etc..."

ROFL

Per the post you quoted, Lew Perkins represented everything that's bad about college sports, right? "College sports" involve more than just one school. So yes, financial scandals happen to a lot of schools, including yours.

Saulbadguy
09-08-2010, 03:40 PM
Per the post you quoted, Lew Perkins represented everything that's bad about college sports, right? "College sports" involve more than just one school. So yes, financial scandals happen to a lot of schools, including yours.

Yes, and we were disgusted by it, and fucking pissed off. All who were involved were fired.

buddha
09-08-2010, 03:43 PM

ROFL

Exactly Saul, every school has federal probes going on, not to mention probably additional NCAA sanctions when they get their hands on what really happened. :thumb:

Pants
09-08-2010, 03:44 PM
Yes, and we were disgusted by it, and ****ing pissed off. All who were involved were fired.

Everyone involved in the ticket scam was also fired. KU fans were pissed off, too.

Bambi
09-08-2010, 03:44 PM
I wonder if people will ever realize that Kansas is the victim in this ticket scandal business?

They probably won't. But it's not like anything KU does is going to make the opponents happy anyway.

Pitt Gorilla
09-08-2010, 03:45 PM
Most KU alumni have high paying jobs who don't have time to invest on message boards all day.That line of reasoning certainly helps explain the popularity of talk radio.

Bambi
09-08-2010, 03:45 PM
Everyone involved in the ticket scam was also fired. KU fans were pissed off, too.

They won't understand this. It's pointless to fight it.

90% of KU tickets buyers got ripped off by about 6 people running a scam.

Pants
09-08-2010, 03:46 PM
Exactly Saul, every school has federal probes going on, not to mention probably additional NCAA sanctions when they get their hands on what really happened. :thumb:

:facepalm:

"The school" wasn't being investigated, a few individuals taking advantage of the school were investigated. But of course your little post sounds so much more epic.

Bambi
09-08-2010, 03:48 PM
That line of reasoning certainly helps explain the popularity of talk radio.

I'm not sure what he was even trying to insult. KUsports.com? Phog.net? Jayhawkslant.com? Theshiver?

The school wins championships, that's all I care about.

Bambi
09-08-2010, 03:48 PM
:facepalm:

"The school" wasn't being investigated, a few individuals taking advantage of the school were investigated. But of course your little post sounds so much more epic.

He subscribes to the Kevin Keitzman school of investigating reporting. ROFL

Pants
09-08-2010, 03:49 PM
He subscribes to the Kevin Keitzman school of investigating reporting. ROFL

LMAO

I'm sure he has "sources" too.

buddha
09-08-2010, 03:50 PM
And I'm SURE that crooked Lew had NO knowledge of any of it...after all, that's what he said, right? He'd NEVER lie to loyal fans like you, Metrolike, would he?

What's amazing to me is that the KU fans believe that this was just an isolated event and had no connection to Perkins at all...Perkins wouldn't know that people were calling in mass to complain about being bumped out of their seats. How could he NOT know something was going on? It's much more likely that he was a part of it.

Bambi
09-08-2010, 03:51 PM
LMAO

I'm sure he has "sources" too.

Like the one that said Patterson was the next HC at Kansas St. Or wait, how bout that Missouri was being invited to the Big 10.

I listen at 3pm everyday just for a chuckle. It's amazing how mad KU makes that dude.

Bambi
09-08-2010, 03:53 PM
And I'm SURE that crooked Lew had NO knowledge of any of it...after all, that's what he said, right? He'd NEVER lie to loyal fans like you, Metrolike, would he?

What's amazing to me is that the KU fans believe that this was just an isolated event and had no connection to Perkins at all...Perkins wouldn't know that people were calling in mass to complain about being bumped out of their seats. How could he NOT know something was going on? It's much more likely that he was a part of it.

If he was then they should send him to jail like the rest of them.

I don't think anyone's arguing that.

What do you think KU fans just drive on over to Sweet Lew's house every night for cocktails? No one is friends. It's a school that takes home titles and that's what the alumni wants.

Saulbadguy
09-08-2010, 03:53 PM

And we all know the first thing a completely innocent man does it run away from the situation, like Lew Perkins did at UConn and Wichita State.

Pants
09-08-2010, 03:57 PM

It's "en masse" but that's beside the point. I'm pretty sure Lew has no pull with the freaking FBI. Yes he was a "shark" but I don't think he could affect the Bureau. If it later comes out that he was, in fact, involved, I will climb on the "hate Lew" bandwagon.

chiefsnorth
09-08-2010, 03:58 PM
And we all know the first thing a completely innocent man does it run away from the situation, like Lew Perkins did at UConn and Wichita State.

I wonder if the same people see saying this when the subject was Calipari or Pete Carroll, etc

Pants
09-08-2010, 03:59 PM
Like the one that said Patterson was the next HC at Kansas St. Or wait, how bout that Missouri was being invited to the Big 10.

I listen at 3pm everyday just for a chuckle. It's amazing how mad KU makes that dude.

Are you kidding me, LOL, the crown jewel was the whole "Lance Stephenson is in Manhattan (Kansas) because he's going to play for KSU to avenge how KU treated him during recruiting" thing. ROFL

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-08-2010, 04:04 PM

He's pulling a Carroll

Pants
09-08-2010, 04:06 PM
He's pulling a Carroll

Word on the street is that it was a forced retirement. KU doesn't want his influence on the next AD hire who apparently he already started lobbying for. If he was pulling a Carroll, he wouldn't be getting paid, dummy.

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-08-2010, 04:09 PM
Word on the street is that it was a forced retirement. KU doesn't want his influence on the next AD hire who apparently he already started lobbying for. If he was pulling a Carroll, he wouldn't be getting paid, dummy.

You may be right.

I may be crazy.

But it just may be a Louuuuuuuuuuuuuuu-na-tic you're looking for.:)

Chocolate Hog
09-08-2010, 04:11 PM
Did the Pac 10 plane pickup Lew?

Mr. Plow
09-08-2010, 04:18 PM
It was a loss. A bad loss. A "losing to NIU" loss for me. Just taking a bit to get over it. But, I'll be there watching KU win or lose....apparently, more lose than win....but it's something.

Bambi
09-08-2010, 04:20 PM
Did the Pac 10 plane pickup Lew?

nah they have their own

http://media.lawrence.com/img/croppedphotos/2007/11/04/ku_airplane900.jpg

buddha
09-08-2010, 05:42 PM

Metrolike, I think the point being made is that he's getting the hell out of Dodge before the worst hits. That seemed pretty obvious to the rest of us. Whether he gets paid on the way out doesn't really matter.

As to your earlier point, I'm certain he has no pull with the FBI, however, there is no defending Perkins either way. He either knew and was complicit in the dirty stuff, or he was so freaking clueless that somehow something that big eluded his detection.

Pants
09-08-2010, 06:19 PM
Metrolike, I think the point being made is that he's getting the hell out of Dodge before the worst hits. That seemed pretty obvious to the rest of us. Whether he gets paid on the way out doesn't really matter.

What does the obvious worst stuff that is about to hit KU consist of? Please share.

Reerun_KC
09-08-2010, 07:14 PM
Very nice!

Coach
10-20-2010, 01:50 PM
Lew Perkins faces state ethics complaint, fines

http://www.kansascity.com/2010/10/19/2331573/lew-perkins-faces-state-ethics.html

By J. BRADY McCOLLOUGH
The Kansas City Star

Former Kansas athletic director Lew Perkins is scheduled to meet with the Kansas Governmental Ethics Commission in a hearing on Nov. 16 to determine whether he broke a state law regarding the acceptance of gifts by state employees.

The commission, responding to a request by Perkins to review his use of exercise equipment provided to him by a Kansas Athletics vendor at no cost to Perkins during 2005 to 2009, issued a complaint that alleges Perkins twice violated the law and could face a fine of up to $15,000.

The complaint, made public Tuesday, alleges that Perkins accepted a free loan of exercise equipment provided by now-defunct Medical Outfitters in his home. Medical Outfitters co-owner Mark Glass told The Star in June that the equipment was worth approximately $15,000 and that Perkins was using it to recover from surgery.

The complaint adds an allegation that Perkins, in 2005, requested and received physical therapy sessions from employees of KUís department of sports medicine, an act which is also a violation of the law.

Perkins, who retired in early September, was considered a state employee because $194,000 of his $900,000 salary came from state funds.

The law in question states that state employees should not ďsolicit or accept any gift, economic opportunity, loan, gratuity, special discount or service provided because of such personís official position.Ē Exceptions can be made for gifts under $40 and other rare occurrences.

Perkinsí acceptance of the exercise equipment was first made public in late May when former KU director of sports medicine William Dent told the Topeka Capital-Journal that Medical Outfitters had loaned the equipment to Perkins in exchange for improved seating at KU menís basketball games.

Glass told The Star that his seats did not improve as a result of the free loan, and, in June, a university investigation into Dentís claim found no wrongdoing.

The universityís report mentioned that Perkins had made a back rental payment to the original owners of the equipment. Glass confirmed that Perkins sent him a personal check for $5,000. Perkinsí attorney, Stephen McAllister, told The Star that Perkins made the payment in an attempt to clear up any ethical breach that may have occurred.

The payment was not mentioned in the ethics commissionís complaint.

Perkinsí retirement was abrupt ó a year before his originally scheduled date of Sept. 4, 2011, which he set in June. His last months as athletic director were mired by an ongoing federal investigation into the illegal sale of KU menís basketball and football tickets by KU employees and the universityís subsequent finding that at least $1 million in tickets was scalped by six former athletic department employees during 2005 to 2010.

Chiefs Rool
10-20-2010, 03:43 PM
why the hell do state funds, especially $200K go to that position? I never knew that

kepp
10-20-2010, 03:52 PM