PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs McCluster in fantasy leagues

NIUhuskies
09-07-2010, 01:59 PM
I know we are all homers, but im trying to gage exactly what to expect from mccluster in fantasy football this season. Urban was moved to the IR and is put for the yr, so that should really increase his time in the slot. I picked him up on my team, but im trying to decide if i should start him over cadillac williams or robert meachem in my flex (rb/wr) spot. thoughts?

Huffman83
09-07-2010, 02:02 PM
He'd be a safe pick if he was the #1 guy at kick returns. But you know and I know he's basically a RB/WR flex type player period. He should at least be ok for a minimum of 75 yards total a game between special teams/catches/rushes.

Homer or not. The guy will play and make plays.

-King-
09-07-2010, 02:05 PM
He's a FA in my main league so I'm going to wait until after week 1 to see what he does and see if he's worth picking up.

Iowanian
09-07-2010, 02:08 PM
I intended to draft him as depth and a flier just in case....He'll get catches in the slot, maybe some carries in wildcat and as a rb in addition to the return yards.

He could have some big weeks.

Iowanian
09-07-2010, 02:09 PM
I intended to draft him as depth and a flier just in case....He'll get catches in the slot, maybe some carries in wildcat and as a rb in addition to the return yards.

Farzin
09-07-2010, 02:12 PM
In my league, the same guy who drafted Thomas Jones drafted McCluster.

SNR
09-07-2010, 02:13 PM
The Bucs play Cleveland. Start Cadillac.

Pawnmower
09-07-2010, 02:17 PM
In some leagues return yards don't count but return TD's do. To be on the safe side I would only consider him for a 3rd WR if return yards counted...

teedubya
09-07-2010, 02:19 PM
I drafted him with my next to last pick... I had to have at least ONE chief.

Sam Hall
09-07-2010, 02:25 PM
I was determined to draft him late. His potential is too tempting to pass up. Those late round picks are essentially lottery tickets anyway.

Pestilence
09-07-2010, 02:28 PM

I drafted Chris Chambers in the 17th round.

DA_T_84
09-07-2010, 02:29 PM
I got him in the 10th..... well worth it i think. I've got him as my flex.

luv
09-07-2010, 02:30 PM

I have him and Succop.

luv
09-07-2010, 02:31 PM
I picked him up, but I'm not starting him this week.

Brock
09-07-2010, 02:31 PM
In a very deep league, where you have a choice between McCluster or somebody like Leon Washington, it's a no-brainer.

Mi_chief_fan
09-07-2010, 02:35 PM
I was happy to get him in the 15th round (got Charles in 9th round, somehow).

I'm leaning toward starting Naanee and Spiller over him, at least Week 1.

CHENZ A!
09-07-2010, 02:38 PM
He just got dropped in my league, if he clears waivers I'm gonna grab him. Probably cut my last round pick(Brian Westbrook).
Posted via Mobile Device

Shag
09-07-2010, 02:44 PM
I drafted him in the last round in both of my PPR leagues. Figured it was worth a shot - I think he'll be targeted a lot this year...

Mile High Mania
09-07-2010, 02:44 PM
I think he has value and is worth a late round pick... the upside is nice, but nobody is really sure what to expect. So, hiding him on your bench is advised if you want my perspective. I have him in one league for that very reason.

I'm not planning on starting him as a flex or anything until I see what happens in the first few weeks... I figure the worst case is I drop him and wasted a late pick that would have been wasted on any of 20 various players. The upside is that I get a nice bye week or flex option, OR ... some other owner falls in love with the notion of having him and I trade him for something I may need.

WhitiE
09-07-2010, 02:59 PM
i got him and charles

Ebolapox
09-07-2010, 03:10 PM

Shag
09-07-2010, 03:12 PM
I think he has value and is worth a late round pick... the upside is nice, but nobody is really sure what to expect. So, hiding him on your bench is advised if you want my perspective. I have him in one league for that very reason.

I'm not planning on starting him as a flex or anything until I see what happens in the first few weeks... I figure the worst case is I drop him and wasted a late pick that would have been wasted on any of 20 various players. The upside is that I get a nice bye week or flex option, OR ... some other owner falls in love with the notion of having him and I trade him for something I may need.

Agreed. While I drafted him, I have no intention of starting him until he proves he's worth a starting spot. He has more potential upside than most players available late in the draft, so worth a roster spot until it plays out...

KCtotheSB
09-07-2010, 03:15 PM
I took him in Round 9 only because I think he can be a mini Wes Welker and god knows Haley's been looking for one of those. Add in the fact that Cassel likes to dump off passes....and hey, with McCluster's speed, he'll be a nice option.

I don't expect anyone outside of Chiefs fans to see any true fantasy upside to McCluster...

redngold85
09-07-2010, 04:18 PM
I think I'm gonna pick him up before week 1 just because I have a feeling about him...I'd rather grab him now before he has a big game and then try to fight for him...I just think he has too much potential to pass up, I just have to figure out who to drop

Detoxing
09-07-2010, 05:02 PM

CaliforniaChief
09-07-2010, 05:17 PM
He's on my bench behind guys like Maclin, Jacoby Jones, and Eddie Royal. I'm happy to have him on my bench though.

-King-
09-07-2010, 05:29 PM
I have a draft tonight and intend to draft him as depth and a flier just in case....He'll get catches in the slot, maybe some carries in wildcat and as a rb in addition to the return yards.

Ebolapox
09-07-2010, 05:32 PM

Pablo
09-07-2010, 07:10 PM

He could have some big weeks.I hear ya dude. Here's how I feel about it.

KCtotheSB
09-07-2010, 07:16 PM
I hear ya dude. Here's how I feel about it.

Christ, do you people even know how to play fantasy football?

Personally, I intended to draft him as depth and a flier just in case....He'll get catches in the slot, maybe some carries in wildcat and as a rb in addition to the return yards.

Ebolapox
09-07-2010, 07:16 PM
I don't know what you guys thing about him, but...

Personally, I intended to draft him as depth and a flier just in case....He'll get catches in the slot, maybe some carries in wildcat and as a rb in addition to the return yards.

RJ
09-07-2010, 07:18 PM
On this note......would you rather have McCluster or Chambers on your roster in a standard scoring league, 2 WR, no flex, no ppr?

Edit: One ot the other will be (hopefully) a bench player and bye week replacement.

Ralphy Boy
09-07-2010, 08:21 PM
Didn't care to start a new thread, so on a somewhat related topic, who should I start in a flex spot for week 1?

Chambers or Malcom Floyd? Chambers is projected to have better numbers, but I have very little faith in Cassel and think Floyd will have a good run of games with VJ out.

I also have McCluster & Eddie Royal, who are projected to have even lower numbers. Based on the preseason, I do think DMC will get plenty of opportunity.

Pablo
09-07-2010, 08:23 PM
Didn't care to start a new thread, so on a somewhat related topic, who should I start in a flex spot for week 1?

Chambers or Malcom Floyd? Chambers is projected to have better numbers, but I have very little faith in Cassel and think Floyd will have a good run of games with VJ out.

I also have McCluster & Eddie Royal, who are projected to have even lower numbers. Based on the preseason, I do think DMC will get plenty of opportunity.Well, with that in mind...

FD
09-07-2010, 08:23 PM

I also have McCluster & Eddie Royal, who are projected to have even lower numbers. Based on the preseason, I do think DMC will get plenty of opportunity.

Week 1 is a complete crapshoot. Just go with your gut.

Direckshun
09-07-2010, 08:26 PM
Floyd will put up WR1 and WR2 numbers much of the year. Chambers won't even get you WR3 numbers.

Delano
09-07-2010, 08:30 PM
Hey gang,,,
Personally, I intended to draft him as depth anda flier just in case....He'll get catches in the slot,maybe some carries in wildcat and as a rb in
addition to the return yards.
Posted via Mobile Device

Delano
09-07-2010, 08:40 PM
Floyd will put up WR1 and WR2 numbers much of the year. Chambers won't even get you WR3 numbers.

Personally, I intended to draft him as depth
a flier just in case
he'll get catches in the slot, maybe
some carries in wildcat
and as a rb in addition to
the return yards.
he could have some big weeks

PBJ PBJ PBJ

Brock
09-07-2010, 08:43 PM
it's played

RJ
09-07-2010, 08:43 PM
So there's no chance he could have some big weeks?

Delano
09-07-2010, 08:48 PM
it's played

LET US HAVE THIS LITTLE THING
Posted via Mobile Device

rad
09-07-2010, 09:01 PM
What did I miss........holy hell. LMAO

Los Pollos Hermanos
09-08-2010, 06:56 AM
I drafted McCluster in one league because Yahoo has him listed as a RB,WR. I figured the flexibility to start him at either position in case of injuries was worth the late round pick.

rambleonthruthefog
09-08-2010, 09:18 AM
i'm in a 14 team league where the pickens were pretty much nothing by round 12. i went ahead and picked him up in round 13 or 14 out of 15 rounds. wanted a chief plus he has some of that percy harvin type potential. i also noticed that he was only owned by 5% of leagues on nfl.com. also he was listed as a wr and i needed some depth

Mr. Laz
09-08-2010, 09:23 AM
just don't draft him as one of your starters and your good ... he could be great and be a huge grab. He could disappear or get hurt.

Deberg_1990
09-08-2010, 10:31 AM
i'm in a 14 team league where the pickens were pretty much nothing by round 12. i went ahead and picked him up in round 13 or 14 out of 15 rounds. wanted a chief plus he has some of that percy harvin type potential. i also noticed that he was only owned by 5% of leagues on nfl.com. also he was listed as a wr and i needed some depth

Nice pickup in the late rounds of a 14 team league.

FireDogg
09-08-2010, 11:17 AM
In a ppr league, and with as much as cassel dumps it off, he is valuable as a #3 WR. Plus, he will get the occasional running play. I took him late in all my leagues, and he will be a good fantasy player imo.