PDA

View Full Version : Other Sports Dog Beat Dog-Pit Bull Sting in Missouri/Midwest

vailpass
09-07-2010, 05:14 PM
I'm guessing a couple people here will recognize some of these doings. Long read but good. No cussing here but if you click the link to the rest of the story there are some cusswords so potentially NSFW

Dog Beat Dog: To Pull Off the Biggest Pit Bull Fighting Bust in U.S. History, Investigators and Their Dogs Went Undercover

By Keegan Hamilton Thursday, Sep 2 2010
The grainy footage shows two snarling pit bulls in a dimly lit barn, staring each other down through a haze of cigarette smoke. Walled in by a makeshift ring of three-foot-high plywood boards, the collarless dogs twitch and wag their tails, expending nervous energy like prizefighters shadowboxing in the ring in the moments before the opening bell.

Both dogs are males and have a tan coat and a white belly, which makes it difficult to tell them apart. They're about 10 months old ó young for fighters. This is their first taste of combat.

Each dog has a handler who grips it by the scruff of the neck and positions it opposite its foe in the corner of the 16-by-16-foot ring. When they're released, the pit bulls collide with a dull thud. One dog lands on its back and the other pounces, grabbing hold with its jaws. The two animals spend the next several minutes growling and panting, locked in a ferocious struggle.

John Bacon, who owns the dog that's on top, bends at the waist and rests his hands on the knees of his baggy overalls, hovering close to the tangle of fur and flesh. He cajoles his pit bull to release its bite and improve its position. The dogs tumble over one another and Bacon jumps out of the way. "There you go!" he shouts. "That's where you want to be!"

The other dog is getting mauled. It emits a piercing squeal, followed by a whimper. Laughter ripples through the crowd. Joseph Addison, a spectator who wears his hair in a jumble of chin-length braids, suggests it's time to stop the match.

continued at:
http://www.phoenixnewtimes.com/2010-09-02/news/dog-beat-dog-to-pull-off-the-biggest-pit-bull-fighting-bust-in-u-s-history-investigators-and-their-dogs-went-undercover/

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-07-2010, 05:36 PM
Jeez..

The people who do this shit should have their genitals covered in bacon and thrown naked in to a cage with hungry pit bulls.

Lonewolf Ed
09-07-2010, 05:48 PM
I have a rottweiler that I took away from a former neighbor ten years ago since the dog was being neglected to the point where it was a question of her survival. For ten years, I have enjoyed having this wonderful dog who lets me know when an intruder, human or animal, is outside the house, who loves to lie at my feet when I watch TV, who is happy to see me when I come home, and who is not aggressive towards strangers and I just have to tell her, "He's okay," when someone new comes by and she stops barking and growling, and will come up and sniff the person and lick the person on the hand. She loves children and a 7 year old girl could rob the house with no problems, but I wouldn't change my dog for anything.

How someone can take joy into turning an animal into a savage killer is beyond me. When something hurts my dog so that she would cry out, it sure as hell doesn't make me laugh. If I ever stumbled upon a dog fight, I'd go berserk and beat as many of those cretins senseless as I could.

vailpass
09-07-2010, 05:51 PM
I don't have a problem with dog fighting. The conditions they make some of the dogs live in bother me as do some of the methods of putting the hurt/lame/no-game dogs down.

Lonewolf Ed
09-07-2010, 05:55 PM
I don't have a problem with dog fighting. The conditions they make some of the dogs live in bother me as do some of the methods of putting the hurt/lame/no-game dogs down.

The fighting is every bit as bad as anything else, since it is abuse of the animal. What good is the dog once it can no longer fight? Is it going to go on to be a seeing eye dog, or donated to a children's home? If someone gives the slightest damn about a dog, then he or she would never turn it into a fighting dog.

JD10367
09-07-2010, 06:06 PM
Sometimes I don't think this world has enough bullets to go around, for the number of people I would kill if I were allowed to.

Lonewolf Ed
09-07-2010, 06:08 PM
Sometimes I don't think this world has enough bullets to go around, for the number of people I would kill if I were allowed to.

That's why they make reloading kits! ;)

SnakeXJones
09-07-2010, 06:09 PM
That's why they make reloading kits! ;) Specially for the people that think Dog Fighting is ok they are just as heartless

KCUnited
09-07-2010, 06:11 PM
Read this in The Pitch today at Mike's Tavern, the lip amputations on the dogs was crazy.

LaChapelle
09-07-2010, 06:13 PM
To the rape stand!

Pioli Zombie
09-07-2010, 06:22 PM
This breed is known as "Good fucking dogs" in Lawrence.

Gonzo
09-07-2010, 06:30 PM
Specially for the people that think Dog Fighting is ok they are just as heartless

Vailpass, (who is normally a good dude) just says this shit to screw with people.
Posted via Mobile Device

MOhillbilly
09-08-2010, 10:21 AM
Another legacy of the investigation is a tool that may help prosecutors convict dogfighters in the future. The Humane Society of Missouri and the ASPCA collected DNA samples from every dog housed at the temporary shelter. Geneticists from the University of California-Davis (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/related/to/University+of+California-Davis) catalogued the information to create the Canine Combined DNA Index System, or CODIS (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/related/to/Combined+DNA+Index+System).
"We know all these networks buy and sell dogs in a fairly small circles," Rickey says. "This will be an important tool. They can tie animals back to one or more convicted dogfighters and show they're from the same bloodline."

Bullshit, these 'lines' are a dime a dozen and can be purchased on anyone of ten billion peddler sites on the WWW including the ADBA home page.

MOhillbilly
09-08-2010, 10:37 AM
How someone can take joy into turning an animal into a savage killer is beyond me. When something hurts my dog so that she would cry out, it sure as hell doesn't make me laugh. If I ever stumbled upon a dog fight, I'd go berserk and beat as many of those cretins senseless as I could.

believe none of what you hear and half of what you see.

vailpass
09-08-2010, 12:15 PM
The fighting is every bit as bad as anything else, since it is abuse of the animal. What good is the dog once it can no longer fight? Is it going to go on to be a seeing eye dog, or donated to a children's home? If someone gives the slightest damn about a dog, then he or she would never turn it into a fighting dog.

That is your opinion and you have a right to it.

Pioli Zombie
09-08-2010, 12:16 PM
I'd be interested though to see a poll done of how many people that go apeshit if a precious dog gets harmed are also "Pro-Choice".
Whole Foods made a big fucking stink about not selling whale meat because of how whales are harmed. Sure enough, they are in the top 10 of contributors to Planned Parenthood.
Just seems that people who humanize animals all the time amd practically worship their fucking dogs and equate them with children ( oh I'm so sorry about your miscarriage, I know just how you feel. I lost my dog last year) have it all totally backwards and treat human life like shit.
Michael Vick is treated like Charles Manson while if a dude kills a guy or rapes a women or beats the shit out of his kids its a few games suspension and everythings all better.

Ok, all done. Have a nice day :)

HemiEd
09-08-2010, 12:29 PM
Never been around dog fights, not sure I could handle it, as I love them so much. They truly are a gift from God.

But..when I was stationed in Guam, I was taken to the "cock fights" and found the whole experience kind of repulsive. The most repulsive part, the locals were eating "baloots?" that were eggs that had been apparently solidified by being buried until they rotted.

The cock fights themselves, didn't last very long, a quick slash with that razor sharp spur and it was over. Pretty humane compared to the dog fighting it would seem.

I often wondered, if those chickens were fried later, or were they too tough to eat?

I can see a whole new industry, cock fights, next to the local "Kentucky Fried Chicken" so you dine and be entertained at the same time.

HemiEd
09-08-2010, 12:30 PM
Never been around dog fights, not sure I could handle it, as I love them so much. They truly are a gift from God.

But..when I was stationed in Guam, I was taken to the "cock fights" and found the whole experience kind of repulsive. The most repulsive part, the locals were eating "baloots?" that were eggs that had been apparently solidified by being buried until they rotted.

The cock fights themselves, didn't last very long, a quick slash with that razor sharp spur and it was over. Pretty humane compared to the dog fighting it would seem.

I often wondered, if those chickens were fried later, or were they too tough to eat?

I can see a whole new industry, cock fights, next to the local "Kentucky Fried Chicken" so you dine and be entertained at the same time.

Goldmember
09-08-2010, 12:35 PM

I have some week old puppies for you to throw into a river for me

Dave Lane
09-08-2010, 12:46 PM
I don't have a problem with dog fighting.

I am not the least surprised by this statement.

Dave Lane
09-08-2010, 12:48 PM
Vailpass, (who is normally a good dude) just says this shit to screw with people.
Posted via Mobile Device

Wrong on both counts

Radar Chief
09-08-2010, 12:52 PM

When I was in 6th grade we got a satellite dish, one of those old 8í C-band ones before everything got scrambled, and my dad recorded some bullfights for the Spanish class.
Iím not squeamish, been around butchering various farm animals since birth, so the blood didnít bother me so much as I couldnít, and still donít, understand how this is a sport or even entertaining in any way.
The bull doesnít have a freakín chance. Itís speared in the lungs by guys on horses surrounded by padding then harassed by several guys with more pointy sticks all to bleed it and wear it out before the matador even steps in the ring. By the time he does the bull is already half dead from blood loss.
It looked more to me like they were just taunting dinner.

MOhillbilly
09-08-2010, 12:56 PM
They eat dog is SE asia & noone freaks out about that, hell they eat fuckin horses in france & mexico and noone blinks.

Its about your money and what pulls the heart strings.

Pioli Zombie
09-08-2010, 12:58 PM
They should take two black people and make them fight. Oh wait, that's boxing.

bevischief
09-08-2010, 12:58 PM
Jeez..

The people who do this shit should have their genitals covered in bacon and thrown naked in to a cage with hungry pit bulls.

this x 1000

vailpass
09-08-2010, 12:59 PM
I am not the least surprised by this statement.

Loon, take your sorry ass back to DC.

vailpass
09-08-2010, 01:03 PM
I have some week old puppies for you to throw into a river for me

If they are bred for that I will be happy to throw your puppies in the water. My chocloate lab was in the water early and often as a pup and continues to do so.

I'm not involved in dog fighting but don't see why fighting dogs shouldn't be let to fight. People look at it and think of their family dog and that just isn't the case.

Do you cry about falcon fights or cock fights?

Phobia
09-08-2010, 01:04 PM
I wouldn't choose dog-fighting as my favorite pastime. However, it has been going on for as long as humans and dogs have been joined. If you're going to get all uppity about dog-fighting then I had better see you at every single anti-war rally and there better not be a piece of meat anywhere near your mouth. It's only recently that the media has brought this country "sport" to the limelight and animal lovers have been horrified.

Do I agree with everything about it? Absolutely not. But these animals are bred and raised specifically for sporting. You know, kinda like the steak you had last night on the grill was raised so you could enjoy the succulent taste of beef in your mouth.

jspchief
09-08-2010, 01:05 PM
They eat dog is SE asia & noone freaks out about that, hell they eat ****in horses in france & mexico and noone blinks.

Its about your money and what pulls the heart strings.I eat cows. That doesn't mean I wouldn't find forcing them to fight to the death to be cruel.

Pioli Zombie
09-08-2010, 01:08 PM
It would be fun to strap a dog into the backseat of a Lincoln Continental with the top down. Then drive the dog through the streets of Dallas and go by the Texas Book Depository. Then have guys with rifles stationed at various angles and at a certain moment of precise triangulation they could fire and blow the dogs head apart like a grapefruit. Sometimes I think about this and laugh and masturbate.

MOhillbilly
09-08-2010, 01:09 PM
I eat cows. That doesn't mean I wouldn't find forcing them to fight to the death to be cruel.
fact-
you cant force an animal to fight.

jspchief
09-08-2010, 01:26 PM
fact-
you cant force an animal to fight.Fact-
If you don't put two dogs in a ring they are a hell of a lot less likely to fight each other to the death.

Use semantics if you want, but the reality is humans are putting these animals in a situation where they face a much higher chance at injury and painful death. For entertainment.

Not to mention, based on what I've read, a dog that "chooses" to not fight in that situation isn't likely to get a Milkbone from his master later that night for being a good boy.

I don't know why you even try to explain away what it really is. We both know what civilized society thinks of it. You'd be better off just admitting that your sense of entertainment is just more twisted than the average person. At least there'd be some honesty to that.

vailpass
09-08-2010, 01:30 PM
Fact-
If you don't put two dogs in a ring they are a hell of a lot less likely to fight each other to the death.

Use semantics if you want, but the reality is humans are putting these animals in a situation where they face a much higher chance at injury and painful death. For entertainment.

Not to mention, based on what I've read, a dog that "chooses" to not fight in that situation isn't likely to get a Milkbone from his master later that night for being a good boy.

I don't know why you even try to explain away what it really is. We both know what civilized society thinks of it. You'd be better off just admitting that your sense of entertainment is just more twisted than the average person. At least there'd be some honesty to that.

"Civilized Society" has been dog fighting for centuries. If it makes you cry don't watch it but why do you think you have the right to tell someone else what is right or wrong based on your feelings?

JD10367
09-08-2010, 01:31 PM
I wouldn't choose dog-fighting as my favorite pastime. However, it has been going on for as long as humans and dogs have been joined. If you're going to get all uppity about dog-fighting then I had better see you at every single anti-war rally and there better not be a piece of meat anywhere near your mouth.

What the **** does war and vegetarianism have to do with cruelty to dogs by making them fight and tear each other up?

It's only recently that the media has brought this country "sport" to the limelight and animal lovers have been horrified.

Oh, okay, so, 'cause we didn't know about it, it was cool.

Do I agree with everything about it? Absolutely not. But these animals are bred and raised specifically for sporting. You know, kinda like the steak you had last night on the grill was raised so you could enjoy the succulent taste of beef in your mouth.

First of all, these dogs are not "bred and raised" for "sporting": they're tortured and harassed to make them mean, and then set on each other to tear each other apart for the amusement of what I'll loosely call "people".

Second, again, you CANNOT COMPARE dogfighting to food-stock. I don't even eat red meat or fowl and even I know this. Animals that are raised for consumption do not equate with animals who are raised to rip into each other so we can illegally bet on it. Could we kill our meat-animals a little more humanely, and treat them better beforehand? Sure. Does it have anything to do with dogfighting? No.

KCUnited
09-08-2010, 01:32 PM
I'm in it strictly for the money.

Inspector
09-08-2010, 01:33 PM
One time when I was a kid and lived next to a horse boarding ranch, I saw two horses fighting. One was on top of the other one's back with his front feet almost wrapped around the other's neck. I told my mom and she made me go inside and play with my Lincoln logs.

vailpass
09-08-2010, 01:33 PM
What the **** does war and vegetarianism have to do with cruelty to dogs by making them fight and tear each other up?

First of all, these dogs are not "bred and raised" for "sporting": they're tortured and harassed to make them mean, and then set on each other to tear each other apart for the amusement of what I'll loosely call "people".

Second, again, you CANNOT COMPARE dogfighting to food-stock. I don't even eat red meat or fowl and even I know this. Animals that are raised for consumption do not equate with animals who are raised to rip into each other so we can illegally bet on it. Could we kill our meat-animals a little more humanely, and treat them better beforehand? Sure. Does it have anything to do with dogfighting? No.

And that's all we need to hear from you. Why don't you go disinfect your birkenstocks and iron out your twirling skirt?

JD10367
09-08-2010, 01:35 PM
One time when I was a kid and lived next to a horse boarding ranch, I saw two horses fighting. One was on top of the other one's back with his front feet almost wrapped around the other's neck. I told my mom and she made me go inside and play with my Lincoln logs.

They weren't fighting, they were gay horses.

jspchief
09-08-2010, 01:37 PM
"Civilized Society" has been dog fighting for centuries. If it makes you cry don't watch it but why do you think you have the right to tell someone else what is right or wrong based on your feelings?"Civilized society" also had slavery for centuries. Turns out that society might actually grow in what they determine is civilized.

As far as my "right to tell someone else what is right and wrong", it's not so much based on my personal feelings, as it is based on the laws created, modeled after the values and morals of society.

Don't act like this is some fringe agenda. An overwhelming majority of the people you encounter in your life are not going to be in favor of dog fighting. You aren't going to put it in your personals add, on your resume, or in your eulogy. there's a reason it's happening in shitty barns in the armpits backwoods of this country, and it's not because my feelings are too easily hurt.

Goldmember
09-08-2010, 01:38 PM
If they are bred for that I will be happy to throw your puppies in the water. My chocloate lab was in the water early and often as a pup and continues to do so.

I'm not involved in dog fighting but don't see why fighting dogs shouldn't be let to fight. People look at it and think of their family dog and that just isn't the case.

Do you cry about falcon fights or cock fights?

I don't have a problem either. I'm actually training kittens to fight with poisoned-tipped sticks tied to their legs.

JD10367
09-08-2010, 01:40 PM
I don't have a problem either. I'm actually training kittens to fight with poisoned-tipped sticks tied to their legs.

Don't fuck with a kitten, man. You'll be sorry.

http://www.disciplesofbloggism.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/04/sniper-kitten.jpg

Inspector
09-08-2010, 01:42 PM

Oh

My

GOD!!!!!

I think you may be right. So that's why they were swishing their tails.....

MOhillbilly
09-08-2010, 01:50 PM
Fact-

First off dont try to explain something to someone when you dont have a fuckin clue. Second i dont fight dogs nor do i condone the activity. To much wrong and not enough right to tip the justice scales for me to be in favor of it.
What other people do with there dogs isnt my business.

Third i am devoted to this breed, and as a student ive done my home work for goin on two decades. Just because i have knowledge doesnt make me a dog fighter.
And last, fuck society. Im sick of regurgitation of what people think they know because they learned it though tv or a 4 page article in some rag or via the web.

The world is right outside that door. Feel free to leave the comfort of your couch and do some exploration.

go bowe
09-08-2010, 01:52 PM
"Civilized Society" has been dog fighting for centuries. If it makes you cry don't watch it but why do you think you have the right to tell someone else what is right or wrong based on your feelings?ok then...

does this mean you're pro-choice and pro gay marriage???

Inspector
09-08-2010, 01:54 PM
I trained 2 cotton balls to fight but they never hurt each other. It was actually pretty boring.

MOhillbilly
09-08-2010, 01:54 PM
"Civilized society" also had slavery for centuries. Turns out that society might actually grow in what they determine is civilized.

As far as my "right to tell someone else what is right and wrong", it's not so much based on my personal feelings, as it is based on the laws created, modeled after the values and morals of society.

Don't act like this is some fringe agenda. An overwhelming majority of the people you encounter in your life are not going to be in favor of dog fighting. You aren't going to put it in your personals add, on your resume, or in your eulogy. there's a reason it's happening in shitty barns in the armpits backwoods of this country, and it's not because my feelings are too easily hurt.

And its always been this way. Aslong as you have two dogs, men will fight them. "societies moral laws/values" will never stop it.
People should be worried about more important things than dogs & dogfighters.
When have they(a dogfighter or gamedog) ever bothered you in a personal way JSP?

jspchief
09-08-2010, 02:06 PM
And its always been this way. Aslong as you have two dogs, men will fight them. "societies moral laws/values" will never stop it.
People should be worried about more important things than dogs & dogfighters.
When have they(a dogfighter or gamedog) ever bothered you in a personal way JSP?They have never bothered me in a personal way, beyond the fact that I find the idea of it unusually cruel to a type of animal that I have an emotional connection to.

It's not like this is some personal crusade. I don't know that I've ever even talked about it outside of this BB. However, every time the subject arises here, there are inevitably people trying to explain away the average person's disgust as unreasonable, when it's clearly just the opposite. I respond to that.

MOhillbilly
09-08-2010, 02:12 PM
They have never bothered me in a personal way, beyond the fact that I find the idea of it unusually cruel to a type of animal that I have an emotional connection to.

It's not like this is some personal crusade. I don't know that I've ever even talked about it outside of this BB. However, every time the subject arises here, there are inevitably people trying to explain away the average person's disgust as unreasonable, when it's clearly just the opposite. I respond to that.

Fair enough.

Delano
09-08-2010, 02:28 PM
I'm equally pissed whenever I see someone put mittens on a kitten.
Posted via Mobile Device

eazyb81
09-08-2010, 02:28 PM
I wouldn't choose dog-fighting as my favorite pastime. However, it has been going on for as long as humans and dogs have been joined. If you're going to get all uppity about dog-fighting then I had better see you at every single anti-war rally and there better not be a piece of meat anywhere near your mouth. It's only recently that the media has brought this country "sport" to the limelight and animal lovers have been horrified.

Wow what a terrible analogy. Eating animals for nourishment and fighting animals for entertainment are hardly comparable.

BIG_DADDY
09-08-2010, 02:44 PM

With all due respect for your right to have an opinion and be against it you have no idea what your talking about.

eazyb81
09-08-2010, 02:49 PM
With all due respect for your right to have an opinion and be against it you have no idea what your talking about.

So with this comment are you implying that APBTs are naturally mean dogs, and torturing/harassing them has no impact on how mean they can become?

MOhillbilly
09-08-2010, 02:56 PM
So with this comment are you implying that APBTs are naturally mean dogs, and torturing/harassing them has no impact on how mean they can become?

tell us what you know first.

Pitt Gorilla
09-08-2010, 02:59 PM
ok then...

does this mean you're pro-choice and pro gay marriage???Of course he is; ChiefsPlanet posters are NOTHING but consistent.

JD10367
09-08-2010, 03:01 PM

Go ahead, enlighten me. Explain how they're kept, how they're trained, and what they do to each other in the fighting ring, and how any of it is humane or intrinsic to the dogs and not done just because some sick fucktards have nothing better to do with their time.

BIG_DADDY
09-08-2010, 03:01 PM

Torturing/harrassing them would only turn the dog into a cur. That is the last thing a dog man wants. There is so much disinformation out there on this subject I understand why people might think they know what's going on but they really have no friggen idea.

Brock
09-08-2010, 03:02 PM
I don't even eat red meat or fowl and even I know this.

This + Smart car = Get the fuck out of here, hippy.

JD10367
09-08-2010, 03:08 PM
Torturing/harrassing them would only turn the dog into a cur. That is the last thing a dog man wants. There is so much disinformation out there on this subject I understand why people might think they know what's going on but they really have no friggen idea.

Yeah. We're all misinformed. Dogfighting is really just harmless fun. The dogs actually enjoy it. They're kept in large kennels with plush beds, and at the first sign of blood someone yells "stop" and they all get Milk-Bones.

I'll make it simple. This is my own personal opinion: dogfighters, and anyone who even remotely condones it, are fuckheads.

Sweet Daddy Hate
This + Smart car = Get the fuck out of here, hippy.

ROFL

JD10367
This + Smart car = Get the **** out of here, hippy.

My dick. Suck it.

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-08-2010, 03:10 PM
My dick. Suck it.

LMAO

BIG_DADDY
09-08-2010, 03:11 PM
Go ahead, enlighten me. Explain how they're kept, how they're trained, and what they do to each other in the fighting ring, and how any of it is humane or intrinsic to the dogs and not done just because some sick ****tards have nothing better to do with their time.

I'm not interested in debating a subject with someone who has put zero due diligence into actually understanding it. If I was interested in media sound bites I can go into DC and listen to fankie and ugly or just go read the most recent disinformation being posted by those great humanitarians at the HSUS.

BIG_DADDY
09-08-2010, 03:12 PM
Yeah. We're all misinformed. Dogfighting is really just harmless fun. The dogs actually enjoy it. They're kept in large kennels with plush beds, and at the first sign of blood someone yells "stop" and they all get Milk-Bones.

I'll make it simple. This is my own personal opinion: dogfighters, and anyone who even remotely condones it, are ****heads.

Is your hormonal download complete?

JD10367
09-08-2010, 03:14 PM
I'm not interested in debating a subject with someone who has put zero due diligence into actually understanding it. If I was interested in media sound bites I can go into DC and listen to fankie and ugly or just go read the most recent disinformation being posted by those great humanitarians at the HSUS.

Is your hormonal download complete?

I'll check your name off in the "fuckhead" column then, apparently.

Go ahead, continue to explain to us how we're all stupid, and try to justify dogfighting.

vailpass
09-08-2010, 03:14 PM
ok then...

does this mean you're pro-choice and pro gay marriage???

I am pro choice in everything. I have my personal feelings on those matters and choose to govern my life accordingly and raise my children to be exposed to those same views. I would never tell you what to believe.

MOhillbilly
09-08-2010, 03:16 PM
They do enjoy it untill they dont. Then they quit. Or are cold to begin with. Then arent. then quit.or dont.

Everyone loves a game bid in the horses but you cant make a plow horse win the triple crown.

vailpass
09-08-2010, 03:19 PM
This + Smart car = Get the **** out of here, hippy.

Seriously? A fugging smart car? ROFLROFLROFLROFLROFL

Lonewolf Ed
09-08-2010, 03:20 PM
They eat dog is SE asia & noone freaks out about that, hell they eat ****in horses in france & mexico and noone blinks.

Its about your money and what pulls the heart strings.

I eat beef myself, but I don't want to go see two cows fight to the death.

MOhillbilly
09-08-2010, 03:20 PM
I eat beef myself, but I don't want to go see two cows fight to the death.

lol, ok then.

vailpass
09-08-2010, 03:21 PM
I'll check your name off in the "****head" column then, apparently.

Go ahead, continue to explain to us how we're all stupid, and try to justify dogfighting.

Tapping out eh? First smart move you've made in this thread.

Jenson71
09-08-2010, 03:27 PM
I would never tell you what to believe.

Pro-choice in everything? Oh look how libertarian you are. Those who stand for nothing fall for everything. We've gotten such disease that even the alleged conservatives among us no longer believe in standing up for something that is right, or condemning something that is wrong. "You teach your children that slavery is right, I'll teach mine that it's wrong, and we'll all just stick to our little households." Are you kidding me?

MOhillbilly
09-08-2010, 03:28 PM
Pro-choice in everything? Oh look how libertarian you are. Those who stand for nothing fall for everything. We've gotten such disease that even the alleged conservatives among us no longer believe in standing up for something that is right, or condemning something that is wrong. "You teach your children that slavery is right, I'll teach mine that it's wrong, and we'll all just stick to our little households." Are you kidding me?

Its the duality of man.

peace signs and born to kill.

Pioli Zombie
09-08-2010, 03:31 PM
Dog. Its what's for dinner. Or in Lawrence,its what's for sex.

Radar Chief
09-08-2010, 03:33 PM
Its the duality of man.

Itís a hardball world, son. Weíve gotta keep our heads until this peace craze blows over. /Pogue Colonel

vailpass
09-08-2010, 03:34 PM

A 20 year old kid who's done nothing and owns nothing telling me about life?:D
You couldn't have mischaracterized what I said more if you tried.

Jenson71
Its the duality of man.

The essential to man is that we can reason. We have the capacity to bring peace, when peace is the right thing to do, and we have the capacity to kill, when kill is the right thing to do. But our reasoning helps us determine that essential "when it's the right thing to do."

MOhillbilly
Itís a hardball world, son. Weíve gotta keep our heads until this peace craze blows over. /Pogue Colonel

haaaaa fuck ya.:)

BIG_DADDY
09-08-2010, 03:35 PM
I'll check your name off in the "****head" column then, apparently.

I never said you or anyone else was stupid. I said you didn't know what you're talking about which is glaringly apparent. I could and have done endless hours of discussion on this subject here. If you want to know more about it there is lots of information out there. Go buy a couple books from Richard Stratton on the subject or check them out at the library. Maybe Mo can turn you onto some good websights. When you at least understand it we can have an intelligent discussion on the variables. If we go at it the way you want you will just go find some of the boat load of disinformation that is available on the internet and post that and call people names. I'm not really interested in doing that.

In a nutshell I will say this. It's my personal belief that outlawing it has caused a lot more harm than good. Japan is a great example. It's effect here has been to drive it underground and have it spread big time.

MOhillbilly
09-08-2010, 03:35 PM
The essential to man is that we can reason. We have the capacity to bring peace, when peace is the right thing to do, and we have the capacity to kill, when kill is the right thing to do. But our reasoning helps us determine that essential "when it's the right thing to do."

god said he put all creatures on this earth for mans use. correct?

Consider that ALL these dogs came from irish decent and are a direct by product of protestant rule.
(just alittle fact im throwin out)

Pioli Zombie
09-08-2010, 03:36 PM
"Not that there's anything wrong with it". "No,of course not. Someones personal preferences is their own Business" "Yes,of course"

vailpass
09-08-2010, 03:36 PM

What will you be quoting next semester junior?

Jenson71
09-08-2010, 03:37 PM
A 20 year old kid who's done nothing and owns nothing telling me about life?:D
You couldn't have mischaracterized what I said more if you tried.

I am pro choice in everything. I have my personal feelings on those matters and choose to govern my life accordingly and raise my children to be exposed to those same views. I would never tell you what to believe.

I'll allow you to re-work and re-explain this.

vailpass
09-08-2010, 03:38 PM
I'll allow you to re-work and re-explain this.

Forgive me, I thought you were a college student. Is that not correct?

Jenson71
09-08-2010, 03:39 PM

Is asking you for clarification too much?

vailpass
09-08-2010, 03:41 PM
Is asking you for clarification too much?

Is laughing my ass off at a college kid who thinks he's discovering for the first time that which many of us saw 20 years ago too much?

Pioli Zombie
09-08-2010, 03:42 PM
He's studying Animal Husbandry.

Pioli Zombie
09-08-2010, 03:43 PM
All this talk about dogs and horses is arousing me sexually. I'm heading out to Salinas right now.

Phobia
09-08-2010, 03:44 PM
Wow what a terrible analogy. Eating animals for nourishment and fighting animals for entertainment are hardly comparable.

Really? The end result is death. If you eat venison, you're killing deer for sport and sometimes the kill isn't a pretty or humane thing. Is it a stretch? Perhaps. But it's comparable.

I'm in no danger of starting a dog-fighting ring in my back-yard nor would I attend such an event but I do understand that it happens, it has happened, and will continue to happen in spite of anybody's feelings on the issue.

vailpass
09-08-2010, 03:47 PM
How about this for a country song title:

"She Put A Break Stick In My Heart"

CUCUMBER
09-08-2010, 03:51 PM
god said he put all creatures on this earth for mans use. correct?

Consider that ALL these dogs came from irish decent and are a direct by product of protestant rule.
(just alittle fact im throwin out)

leave it to a hillbilly to rely on the 'word of god' as some kind of empirical proof.

MOhillbilly
09-08-2010, 03:52 PM
leave it to a hillbilly to rely on the 'word of god' as some kind of empirical proof.

man i laughed real hard. for realz.

vailpass
09-08-2010, 03:54 PM

THAT is what you chose as your very FIRST post here?
Over before you started.

jspchief
09-08-2010, 03:54 PM
Really? The end result is death. If you eat venison, you're killing deer for sport and sometimes the kill isn't a pretty or humane thing. Is it a stretch? Perhaps. But it's comparable.

I'm in no danger of starting a dog-fighting ring in my back-yard nor would I attend such an event but I do understand that it happens, it has happened, and will continue to happen in spite of anybody's feelings on the issue.Everyone has their line. Some draw it at being Vegan. Others eat meat, but are against hunting. etc etc.

There isn't a math formula that determines which mammal in which circumstance is the difference between cruelty and the circle of life.

Maybe it's hypocritical. But to most people, a dog is held in higher regard than a cow, deer, or frog. So is a slaughterhouse the same thing as a dogfighting ring? They both result in dead mammals at the expense of human wants. But we aren't robots. In the human brain, influenced by human emotion, dead mammal doesn't always only mean dead mammal.

CUCUMBER
09-08-2010, 03:56 PM
THAT is what you chose as your very FIRST post here?
Over before you started.

you an' me gon' end up ben' real gud friends.

dont let these silly city boys hold you back. get to shar'n some tips on how to make a good fightn' dog.

Phobia
09-08-2010, 04:03 PM
Everyone has their line. Some draw it at being Vegan. Others eat meat, but are against hunting. etc etc.

There isn't a math formula that determines which mammal in which circumstance is the difference between cruelty and the circle of life.

Maybe it's hypocritical. But to most people, a dog is held in higher regard than a cow, deer, or frog. So is a slaughterhouse the same thing as a dogfighting ring? They both result in dead mammals at the expense of human wants. But we aren't robots. In the human brain, influenced by human emotion, dead mammal doesn't always only mean dead mammal.

That's precisely my point. It's a cultural thing. In some cultures they eat horse and dog. In some cultures they worship cows. In backwoods cultures they raised dogs to protect their property and fight. Gosh, some farmers even let their dogs roam free and they get hit by cars - a lot. Some might say that's pretty cruel but a dog isn't much good at protecting your property tethered to a post. But he's just as dead when hit by a radial as with another dog's jaws latched around his throat.

I'm not an advocate for dog-fighting and I don't have a problem with fining people for illegal activities but I think it's pretty stupid to pay $35k a year plus prosecution plus undercover detectives plus their walk-around money to gain some convictions simply because PETA and some other organizations have lobbyists in high places. Leave the hillbillies alone to their activities. What they do in the woods has virtually zero impact on anybody else.

Now for the inevitable Michal Vick stuff - MV got thrown in prison for lying and hiding assets to my knowledge. He should have been fined heavily for the dog-fighting but not jailed, IMO. So I'm fine with the way his thing turned out.

Jenson71
09-08-2010, 04:07 PM
Is laughing my ass off at a college kid who thinks he's discovering for the first time that which many of us saw 20 years ago too much?

Still waiting.

vailpass
09-08-2010, 04:10 PM
Still waiting.

For what, puberty?

LOCOChief
09-08-2010, 04:11 PM
I'd rather see the dogs owners fight to the death or even just throw down with no gloves or rules, but you know that wouldn't happen that's why they make their dogs do the fighing.

BIG_DADDY
09-08-2010, 04:13 PM
That's precisely my point. It's a culture thing. In some cultures they eat horse and dog. In some cultures they worship cows. In backwoods culture they raised dogs to protect their property and fight. Gosh, some farmers even let their dogs roam free and they get hit by cars - a lot. Some might say that's pretty cruel but a dog isn't much good at protecting your property tethered to a post. But he's just as dead when hit by a radial than with another dog's jaws latched around his throat.

I'm not an advocate for dog-fighting and I don't have a problem with fining people for illegal activities but I think it's pretty stupid to pay $35k a year plus prosecution plus undercover detectives plus their walk-around money to gain some convictions simply because PETA and some other organizations have lobbyists in high places. Leave the hillbillies alone to their activities.

This is one of my points. Who makes all the money by outlawing dogfighting? That's where is all the disinformation coming from. Are those people really humane? Far from it. The wack jobs at the HSUS and their ilk are well documented.

The benefits of legalizing far outweigh the alternative. People would only pay to see the top dogs fights and the majority of it would just go away. Even the breed would benefit.

Phobia
09-08-2010, 04:14 PM
I'd rather see the dogs owners fight to the death or even just throw down with no gloves or rules, but you know that wouldn't happen that's why they make their dogs do the fighing.

I don't have a problem with that either if that's what they want to do. Don't have a problem with bull-fighting either - nor Pamplona. None of that has any impact on me at all.

vailpass
09-08-2010, 04:16 PM

If one of those dog owners died in the fight do you think the dog would see it's master again on the rainbow bridge?

Jenson71
09-08-2010, 04:17 PM
For what, puberty?

Clever. For your clarification, obviously. You claimed I mischaracterized you. I'd like to know how.

vailpass
09-08-2010, 04:22 PM
Clever. For your clarification, obviously. You claimed I mischaracterized you. I'd like to know how.

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Jenson71
09-08-2010, 04:28 PM
Well, you're not really worth chasing around. I claimed you apparently don't stand up for beliefs/convictions, an entirely dishonorable human characteristic. It also appears you don't stand up to your own claims.

vailpass
09-08-2010, 04:34 PM
Well, you're not really worth chasing around. I claimed you apparently don't stand up for beliefs/convictions, an entirely dishonorable human characteristic. It also appears you don't stand up to your own claims.

Kid, do you seriously want me to discuss my personal philosophy on some intertube BB? This place is for screwing off and yanking chains. What is it you are asking me? I'll do my best to reply.

Pioli Zombie
09-08-2010, 05:26 PM
"You did it!!! You finally went and did it!!! Goddamn you all to hell!!!"

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-08-2010, 06:13 PM
So, when do we sign Vick?!

Pioli Zombie
09-08-2010, 07:44 PM
I have a great recipe for Dog Parmesan. The key is marinating the meat overnight first.

Phobia
09-08-2010, 11:15 PM
I have a great recipe for Dog Parmesan. The key is marinating the meat overnight first.

I learned recently that a live marinade is very effective.

BIG_DADDY
09-08-2010, 11:31 PM
I learned recently that a live marinade is very effective.

I hear the Koreans preffer a spicey marinade sliced thin and then BBQ'd tabletop. Then again what do the Koreans really know about BBQ?

Jenson71
09-09-2010, 07:55 AM
Kid, do you seriously want me to discuss my personal philosophy on some intertube BB? This place is for screwing off and yanking chains. What is it you are asking me? I'll do my best to reply.

Did you forget that you have already voluntarily gave us your personal philosophy on this "intertube BB"? I'm only asking you to clarify what you have already stated, since you further claim that I mischaracterized you.