PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs How young is too young to attend a Chiefs game?

Wyndex
09-07-2010, 09:17 PM
I want to take my son and wife to a game with me this year...but my son is only 9 months old. Do you think it'll be too loud for him?

milkman
09-07-2010, 09:19 PM
If I sat next to a couple with a 9 month old baby, I think I might feel compelled to kill them.

Bugeater
09-07-2010, 09:20 PM
Don't do it.

Hog Farmer
If I sat next to a couple with a 9 month old baby, I think I might feel compelled to kill them.

Thread over ! ROFL

Wyndex
My son doesn't fuss, he is a cool ass dude.

Fish
09-07-2010, 09:21 PM
I don't think I'd recommend that unless you were in a club suite or something....

CaliforniaChief
Too young.

DaFace
That seems too young to me. Find a babysitter and take the wife.

Simply Red
Tie him up to the George Brett statue, just put sunblock on him.

Wyndex
At what age have you guys taken your kids to their first game?

CaliforniaChief
09-07-2010, 09:22 PM
Mine's 10 and I'm not sure yet. 10 years.

Bugeater
It's not just the fussing, first of all, where are you going to put his diaper bag and all the other shit you have to bring with you? And what if he gets hungry, is the Mrs going to bust out the milk cannons right in the stadium?

DaFace
I think my rule of thumb would be: if there's no way in hell that he'll remember going to the game, there's no way in hell that you should be taking him.

Wyndex
09-07-2010, 09:23 PM
It's not just the fussing, first of all, where are you going to put his diaper bag and all the other shit you have to bring with you? And what if he gets hungry, is the Mrs going to bust out the milk cannons right in the stadium?

a few diapers and 2 bottles takes up as much space as your empty beer cups scattered around your seat

SLAG
09-07-2010, 09:24 PM

i'm in this camp..

Mine are 6/7 almost 7/8 - I took them to the open practices a few times but I don't think they or I could Handle a full game

CaliforniaChief
DaFace is right. Just get a babysitter. You'll enjoy it so much more. It's ok not to bring your kid everywhere you go.

Bambi
is the Mrs going to bust out the milk cannons right in the stadium?

LMAO

LaChapelle
09-07-2010, 09:25 PM
This is some kind of metaphor that went over my head

Bugeater
09-07-2010, 09:25 PM
a few diapers and 2 bottles takes up as much space as your empty beer cups scattered around your seat
I don't drink during games. Are you getting him his own seat?

Saulbadguy
09-07-2010, 09:27 PM
Fucking idiot. Hire a god damned babysitter, you jackass.

CrazyPhuD
09-07-2010, 09:28 PM
Do you have a cell phone flask?

Hog Farmer
09-07-2010, 09:28 PM
Why in the hell would anyone take a 9 month old to a Football game. That's just stuped !

Chiefaholic
09-07-2010, 09:29 PM
I took youngest when she was 6 years old. She loved the atmosphere and managed to get on the Jumbotron during the pregame.

RJ
09-07-2010, 09:30 PM
How young is too young to attend a Chiefs game?

I'm not sure what the answer is, but it's definitely older than 9 months.

Fish
09-07-2010, 09:30 PM
That would put a lot of pressure on the people around you. They could be enjoying the game much differently than a family taking care of a baby. Even if it was the most peaceful child ever, you're still going to really piss off somebody around you.

cdcox
09-07-2010, 09:31 PM
Send him with Hootie to the Raider's game. That would make the best tread ever.

Chief Chief
09-07-2010, 09:31 PM

Not so fast. I'm jus' a-guessin' ya'd do things a bit differently if perhaps the li'l tyke was still takin' to his momma's breasts for liquid refreshment and Mrs. Wyndex was, let's say, quite uninhibited when exposing her ample milk jugs for the frequent feedings...

Like, maybe feeling compelled to killing only Mr. Wyndex.

LaChapelle
09-07-2010, 09:32 PM
The crowd would steal the diaper bag and throw the contents
"Lenny is that a diaper on Matt's head?"

|Zach|
09-07-2010, 09:33 PM
How young is too young to attend a Chiefs game?

I'm not sure what the answer is, but it's definitely older than 9 months.

Seriously.

milkman
09-07-2010, 09:35 PM
Not so fast. I'm jus' a-guessin' ya'd do things a bit differently if perhaps the li'l tyke was still takin' to his momma's breasts for liquid refreshment and Mrs. Wyndex was, let's say, quite uninhibited when exposing her ample milk jugs for the frequent feedings...

Like, maybe feeling compelled to killing only Mr. Wyndex.

Nah.

I've seen tits before, and I'm an ass man anyway.

Bill Lundberg
09-07-2010, 09:36 PM
****ing idiot. Hire a god damned babysitter, you jackass.

This. Do you realize how loud it is in the stadium? Feel like raising a child with a hearing impairment?

I took my 2 year old to the last preseason game and left after a quarter. It's too loud for little ones. She's not going back with me for at least 5 years.

Wyndex
09-07-2010, 09:36 PM
I'm one of you guys and i'm getting trolled like i'm a Raiders fan

too many assumptions in here also

if i take my son to the game, why would i expect people to adjust the way they're acting to accommodate us?

yeah loudness was my concern, only real concern actually. and i didn't plan to stay the entire game. at the Royals game we stayed 4 innings before leaving

Bugeater
09-07-2010, 09:37 PM

In case you haven't noticed, we're not against eating our own here.

CaliforniaChief
09-07-2010, 09:37 PM
Why do you ask a question if you don't want an honest answer? Especially here.

stlchiefs
09-07-2010, 09:39 PM
I'd say too young. Take the answers for what they are and nothing more, the consensus is too young. Remember, on CP you have to act bigger and tougher than you really are in your responses.

You may not be asking for different treatment, but because a majority of KC fans are decent people they will feel compelled to act different.

DaFace
09-07-2010, 09:41 PM

if i take my son to the game, why would i expect people to adjust the way they're acting to accommodate us?

yeah loudness was my concern, only real concern actually. and i didn't plan to stay the entire game. at the Royals game we stayed 4 innings before leaving

Dude, the responses in this thread have been incredibly civil compared to a lot of threads. Don't blame the masses because you don't like the advice you got.

CaliforniaChief
09-07-2010, 09:41 PM
BTW, having raised 3 children I can tell you that my assumptions are probably pretty good about what bringing a 9 month old kid to a Chiefs game is like.

I'm guessing that either the wife wants to leave him home and get a sitter and you're trying to find evidence that it's a good idea, or else you don't know anyone you trust to watch your kid. In that case, butter her up with some attention and do some extra things for her and go to the game with the guys.

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-07-2010, 09:42 PM

LMAO

stlchiefs
09-07-2010, 09:42 PM
DaFace, please change your pic. That cat is freaky.

DaFace
09-07-2010, 09:43 PM
DaFace, please change your pic. That cat is freaky.

Excellent. It's doing its job.

-King-
09-07-2010, 09:44 PM
Are you really asking if you can take a 9 fucking month old to a place where people are encouraged to yell? Really?

milkman
09-07-2010, 09:45 PM

You asked a stupid fucking question.

Of course 9 months old is too young, and if you're too fucking stupid to figure that out on your own, then you lack the intelligence of Raiderfan.

Congratulations.

You're an amoeba on the IQ scale.

Jewish Rabbi
09-07-2010, 09:46 PM
and i didn't plan to stay the entire game. at the Royals game we stayed 4 innings before leaving

Then what the fuck's the point?

JD10367
09-07-2010, 09:47 PM
Why do you ask a question if you don't want an honest answer? Especially here.

This x68892. He asked a question, and obviously he wanted, "Sure, great idea!"

No. No no no no. Fuck no. You'll ruin the kid's hearing. It's cumbersome to bring the baby stuff. Just hire a babysitter. Everything that's been said here. What is the Goddamn point of bringing a NINE-MONTH-OLD to an NFL game? Really.

It's like when I see people in Disney World with frigging newborns. But that at least you can excuse, saying, "Well, the vacation might've been planned, they can't leave the kid with a sitter for a week," etc.,. But a game is only a few hours long.

JD10367
09-07-2010, 09:48 PM
Then what the ****'s the point?

Maybe his s/n is because it's his favorite mixer. That would explain some things.

-King-
You asked a stupid fucking question.

Of course 9 months old is too young, and if you're too fucking stupid to figure that out on your own, then you lack the intelligence of Raiderfan.

Congratulations.

You're an amoeba on the IQ scale.

It's ok, they can wait until december when their son will be 13 months old! He should be ready by then.

luv

I don't understand why you would pay the price for the tickets and not stay. It's MONDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL.

People will be loud. People will be drunk. People will be REALLY LOUD and REALLY DRUNK. And the game doesn't start until 9:15. Even if you don't stay the entire game, that baby will be up late. And if you think he'll sleep during the game, let me remind you that IT'S GOING TO BE LOUD.

CaliforniaChief
09-07-2010, 09:49 PM
This is what always gets me. I work in a position where people come to me for feedback/advice. I just don't get the whole "Hey what do you think?" lines followed by an hour of hemming and hawing at what I said. If you already know what you're going to do just do it. Don't ask me to validate your stupidity so that you feel better while you execute your stupid plan.

Bugeater
09-07-2010, 09:49 PM
I don't understand why you would pay the price for the tickets and not stay. It's MONDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL.

People will be loud. People will be drunk. People will be REALLY LOUD and REALLY DRUNK. And the game doesn't start until 9:15. Even if you don't stay the entire game, that baby will be up late. And if you think he'll sleep during the game, let me remind you that IT'S GOING TO BE LOUD.
He didn't specify which game.

KC Jones
09-07-2010, 09:51 PM
... and I thought knowmoshitstain was the biggest dumbass on the planet.

CaliforniaChief

True. In that case, bring him out to the stadium against Jacksonville! /Chiefs Marketing Dept.

Sweet Daddy Hate
Excellent. It's doing its job.

Mod Cat is awesome. Mod Cat has badass super powers. Leave Mod Cat be.

aturnis
09-07-2010, 09:52 PM
Seeings as how my son will be in attendance from his seat in the womb, I'd say they're never too young.

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-07-2010, 09:54 PM
Seeings as how my son will be in attendance from his seat in the womb, I'd say they're never too young.

Good Lord, what's with that avatar? Looks like Uncle Rico got a hold of some crank...

Fish
I'm going to be yelling as loud as I possibly can. I'm going to be pounding on the seat in front of me, as are the people behind me. I've been drinking heavily for about 5 hours. I have accidentally spilled beer on somebody before, but I'm trying really hard not to do it this time. Oops some of my chili dog just rolled under the seat. I'm going to boo the refs when they make a bad call. I'm going to shout an obscenity at some point.

I am 90% of the fanbase. Just keep that in mind.

KCrockaholic
Way too young. Not at a regular season game anyways. Wait until he's more like 4 at the earliest. Just my opinion though. If your kid manages to get beer on him on accident of course, don't say I didn't warn you.

CaliforniaChief

There ya go, Wyndex. There's your permission right there.

luv
09-07-2010, 09:55 PM

Oops. Guess we know where my mind is focused...lol.

Still not a good idea. I know you love your son, but a professional football game is not a suitable place to bring a baby.

I agree with DaFace (or whoever said it). If he's not old enough to remember it, then he's probably too young to go.

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-07-2010, 09:57 PM
I'm going to be yelling as loud as I possibly can. I'm going to be pounding on the seat in front of me, as are the people behind me. I've been drinking heavily for about 5 hours. I have accidentally spilled beer on somebody before, but I'm trying really hard not to do it this time. Oops some of my chili dog just rolled under the seat. I'm going to boo the refs when they make a bad call. I'm going to shout an obscenity at some point.

Don't forget being asked to leave in the 4th for yelling a litany of X-rated, high-decibel insults at our noodle-armed, blind as a fucking bat "QB"!

rtmike
09-07-2010, 09:58 PM

Did you forget where you're at?

There's so much pent up anxiety with Chiefs fans now that if it's any kind of game to where we're ahead you can bet it's gonna be loud. Maybe not '90's loud, but loud. It's been a while since they were on MNF as well. I'm thinking the fans will want to remind the rest of the country Arrowhead is still the loudest stadium in the NFL.

You're affecting other folks cause when they see there's an infant there they won't be screaming, hooting & hollering like normal cause they're afraid of possibly waking the youngster up or hurting their little ear drums.

Now if it was somewhere like Philly all bets are off. Midwest folks are a little more considerate.

Bane
09-07-2010, 09:58 PM
9 months old eh?Damn.No way.Arrowhead is way too loud for a baby that young.
Posted via Mobile Device

luv
09-07-2010, 09:59 PM
Huge difference in taking your baby to a baseball game compared to a football game.

FAX
09-07-2010, 10:02 PM
Personally, even as young as he is, I think the image of Haley flipping off your wife could potentially scar the little fella's subconscious.

FAX

Gonzo
09-07-2010, 10:02 PM
If this is a serious question it just reaffirms my opinion that the government should issue breeding licenses.
Taking a 9 month old to a game is not only dangerous to the child's health, it's irresponsible parenting.
Posted via Mobile Device

LaChapelle
09-07-2010, 10:06 PM
WOW
This could be Hootie's girlfriend
a 9 month old in Chiefs red at a game in Oakland

Bane
09-07-2010, 10:11 PM
WOW
This could be Hootie's girlfriend
a 9 month old in Chiefs red at a game in Oakland

MMMMMMM Deep fried honky baby!
Posted via Mobile Device

KcMizzou
09-07-2010, 10:18 PM
Count me in for "way too young". The kid's not old enough to get anything out of it anyway. He can only be traumatized. Find a sitter and bring him 5 or 10 years down the road.

teedubya
09-07-2010, 10:20 PM
My son's first game was the the 2003 home game vs the Broncos... he was 2. He was awesome... and it didn't cost anything to get him in.

2 is fine. 9 months is toooo fucking young.

KcMizzou
09-07-2010, 10:22 PM
Huge difference in taking your baby to a baseball game compared to a football game.Absolutely.

wazu
09-07-2010, 10:26 PM
I used to say 8 years old was optimal. This year, though, I had a friend call up with a bunch of free pre-season tickets, so I took my 7 and my 4.5 year old boys to their first game. They loved it and it was a good experience. They really got into making noise when the defense was on the field.

Of course, we had one jackass shouting way back behind us. My youngest seemed oblivious. However, a few days later my 7-year-old asked me about it while we were watching a Royals game. "Did you hear that guy behind us at the Chiefs game?" Me: "Yes." Him: "He was yelling mean things at the players and coaches, and using bad words." Me: "Did he sound smart?" Him: "No." Me: "Sound like anybody you would want to know?" Him: "No." Me: "Some people act like that. We just ignore them and enjoy the game." Him: "Yeah."

Honestly, it was worth the guy acting that way just for us to get to have the conversation.

Of course, 9-months old is just no-brainer stupid. Wouldn't be fun for anybody.

Big Dog
09-07-2010, 10:38 PM

This.

Hint to new parents out there...parenting (correctly) sometimes requires sacrifice. If you can't get a sitter, you shouldn't go. That's my not so humble opinion...but then what the hell do I know, I am over 30.

aturnis
09-07-2010, 10:52 PM
Good Lord, what's with that avatar? Looks like Uncle Rico got a hold of some crank...

Intense huh?

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-07-2010, 11:00 PM
Intense huh?

Yeah. Actually, it looks like Pedro got a hold of some crank.

http://blogs.hereisthecity.com/cntns_media/hitcb/2/pedro_376.jpg

Mr. Kotter
09-07-2010, 11:01 PM
I used to say 8 years old was optimal. This year, though, I had a friend call up with a bunch of free pre-season tickets, so I took my 7 and my 4.5 year old boys to their first game. They loved it and it was a good experience. They really got into making noise when the defense was on the field.

Of course, we had one jackass shouting way back behind us. My youngest seemed oblivious. However, a few days later my 7-year-old asked me about it while we were watching a Royals game. "Did you hear that guy behind us at the Chiefs game?" Me: "Yes." Him: "He was yelling mean things at the players and coaches, and using bad words." Me: "Did he sound smart?" Him: "No." Me: "Sound like anybody you would want to know?" Him: "No." Me: "Some people act like that. We just ignore them and enjoy the game." Him: "Yeah."

Honestly, it was worth the guy acting that way just for us to get to have the conversation.

Of course, 9-months old is just no-brainer stupid. Wouldn't be fun for anybody.

Listen, fugg-face--you, obviously, didn't recognize ME: my IQ is in the 99th percentile....and people like me. Seriously (u want me to show u the thank-you cards and emails?) We "act" like that, because we are REAL fans, bi-atch. Know what I'm saying? IGNORE me? You can NOT fuggin' ignore me, you just proved that.

Enjoy the game? By all means; seriously. But quit pretending you can, really (in all seriousness, bi-atch) ignore us. Know what I mean, Vern? Heh.

;)

:p

KcMizzou
09-07-2010, 11:03 PM
Intense huh?Looks like a hispanic Robert Downey Junior on a coke bender.

luv
09-07-2010, 11:05 PM
Listen, fugg-face--you, obviously, didn't recognize ME: my IQ is in the 99th percentile....and people like me. Seriously (u want me to show u the thank-you cards and emails?) We "act" like that, because we are REAL fans, bi-atch. Know what I'm saying? IGNORE me? You can NOT fuggin' ignore me, you just proved that.

Enjoy the game? By all means; seriously. But quit pretending you can, really (in all seriousness, bi-atch) ignore us. Know what I mean, Vern? Heh.

;)

Sir, have you been drinking tonight?

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-07-2010, 11:06 PM

;)

Um...wow.

Mr. Kotter
09-07-2010, 11:08 PM
Sir, have you been drinking tonight?

On a Monday night---are you drunk? Me...Moi....never. heh.

(of course, I've been drinking....the question is what? Water, tea, Gatorade...or straight Vodka?)

Which is your guess.... ROFL

luv
09-07-2010, 11:09 PM
On a Monday night---are you drunk? Me...Moi....never. heh.

(of course, I've been drinking....the question is what? Water, tea, Gatorade...or straight Vodka?)

Which is your guess.... LOL

Well, considering it's not Monday....

Mr. Kotter
09-07-2010, 11:11 PM
Well, considering it's not Monday....

EXACTLY....

KcMizzou
09-07-2010, 11:11 PM
Well, considering it's not Monday....LMAO

When it's a pro, you can barely notice.

Guru
09-07-2010, 11:13 PM
How old? 10 minimum. but that was just my experience.

Mr. Kotter
09-07-2010, 11:18 PM
Um...wow.

Comin' from YOU...that's rich. REAL friggin' rich....heh. LMAO

KcMizzou
09-07-2010, 11:19 PM
How old? 10 minimum. but that was just my experience.That seems about right to me.

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-07-2010, 11:21 PM
Comin' from YOU...that's rich. REAL friggin' rich....heh. LMAO

Uh, yeah....what day is it again, Hawking?

Mr. Kotter
09-07-2010, 11:28 PM
Uh, yeah....what day is it again, Hawking?

Considering my first WORK day, this week, was today...in CP territory, that's forgiven. Heh. ;)

Phobia
09-07-2010, 11:50 PM
I've taken a 6 year old to free preseason games. But 9 months? That's not smart. Take your kid to the end of the runway to watch some jets fly overhead or down to the track and watch some drag cars run.

Maybe to a rock concert. I dunno. Is 14 too young to breed?

SLAG
09-08-2010, 12:01 AM
... Is 14 too young to breed?

Not if they're old enough to bleed

HoneyBadger
09-08-2010, 12:03 AM
1) If you have to ask if your child is too young, he is.

2) Don't be one of those selfish people who doesn't think about how annoyed the people around you might get.

This is all.

okcchief
09-08-2010, 12:19 AM
I took my two year old to a game last year and she was good the whole time. We take her to Thunder games all the time too and I have never got that look. It really depends on the kid and how they act. I think a playoff game or Monday Night would be too intense for a kid though. Nine months is probably too young though. I would wait until their potty trained at least and then only if they act good. Don't ruin Any ones good time basically.

Psyko Tek
09-08-2010, 12:27 AM
I think my rule of thumb would be: if there's no way in hell that he'll remember going to the game, there's no way in hell that you should be taking him.

THIS!!!

Psyko Tek
09-08-2010, 12:32 AM
It's ok, they can wait until december when their son will be 13 months old! He should be ready by then.

in december arrowhead may be really quite

Psyko Tek
09-08-2010, 12:34 AM
Mod Cat is awesome. Mod Cat has badass super powers. Leave Mod Cat be.

face time for a name change
you should be MOD CAT

TinyEvel
09-08-2010, 01:31 AM

Comment of the week.

Douche Baggins
09-08-2010, 02:04 AM
All that baby will do is start crying when it gets loud and scary.

Short Leash Hootie
09-08-2010, 02:24 AM
I went to most every home game between the ages of 6 and 12 and those are some of the best memories I've ever had...

and it's the reason why I'm still such a diehard today...

So 6...6 is definitely a good age.

Simply Red
09-08-2010, 05:03 AM
http://i53.tinypic.com/10dik20.jpg

loochy
09-08-2010, 07:54 AM
I want to take my son and wife to a game with me this year...but my son is only 9 months old. Do you think it'll be too loud for him?

Babysitter FTMFW!

Fish
09-08-2010, 09:04 AM
Have you ever seen a baby changing station next to the urinal troughs....?

That should tell you something...

Bugeater
09-08-2010, 09:09 AM

Those weren't part of the upgrades?

Reerun_KC
09-08-2010, 09:10 AM
I would suggest 10 years old or older...

Jesus, I took my daughter to the game when she was 10, it was during the DV years...

I think we were playing Pittsburg, chiefs lost, We had a great time. But I wouldnt take anyone less than 10...

I am taking my son this year. He is 13....

You have to remember, Its Arrowhead, Beer, Mullets and Camaros... Your kids should be prepared for what they are about to see and witness from Chiefs fans... Its shameful at times...

Groves
09-08-2010, 09:11 AM
Just buy an RV and call it a business opportunity.

Little Chiefs GameCare:
Letting mom and dad enjoy the earsplitting action inside the stadium while their little papoose enjoys the game in quiet comfort outside.

Charge $50 a child and fill that sucker up. Coupla disney videos and some thomas the train tracks and you got yourself a pack of angry kids. They may not mind now, but feedin time comes all too soon at the old folks home.

You might try one for aging parents, too.

Elder Chiefs GameCare:
Mom and Dad, thanks for the hand-me-down season tickets! Now enjoy your time stacked like cordwood in this fine chiefs themed cattle trailer outside the stadium. We'll replay games from the glory years and you won't know the difference!

Charge $100 per parent, $200 for the top bunks.

arrowheadnation
09-08-2010, 09:16 AM
A few years back, I went with my cousins to a game (vs. the Patriots...the one where we won when Vinatieri missed the field goal with no time left) and they took their baby (around 9-10 months). We started out in our seats in one of the corners of the upper bowl (nosebleed). The game no more than started and Nate (baby) was crying hysterically. His dad spent nearly the entire game holding him down on the concourse watching the game on a TV by a concession stand. Just throwing this out there. Maybe your kid handles loud noises better though OP.

Kerberos
09-08-2010, 09:22 AM
Leave the kid with grandparents (if applicable) and take the WU to the game. If the Chiefs win tell her that means she is obligated to give the ole knob a spit shine on the way home. Nothing better than a Chiefs game (when they actually win) and a blowjob IMHO.

:)

Pestilence
09-08-2010, 09:27 AM
If you take a 9 month old to a Chiefs game.....you need your parenting skills investigated.

seclark
09-08-2010, 09:37 AM
i took my twin sons to arrowhead for a chief/raiders game when they were 5. they did fine w/the tailgaiting, and for the start of the game. then it started to sleet/snow and get pretty freaking cold. by half time, the wife wanted to take them back out to the car to warm up. that's where they all stayed for the rest of the game.

f@ckin quitters...i never took them back.
sec

gblowfish
09-08-2010, 09:38 AM
Arrowhead is not a little kid friendly place. I wouldn't take a child to the game. I think 9 or 10 is the youngest I'd take a kid out there. Even with that, there's a lot of drunks and bad stuff about. Don't expect the environment to be Disneyland.

KC Tattoo
09-08-2010, 09:42 AM
Cover him up under your coat when we are on offense. Pull him out and hold him up when we are on defense...

blaise
09-08-2010, 09:47 AM
I've never been to a Chiefs game. The last NFL game I went to was in Buffalo and there were drunks all over starting fights and throwing snowballs. I wouldn't bring a 9 month old anywhere near an NFL stadium. Maybe Arrowhead is more civil, but still.

Reerun_KC
09-08-2010, 09:58 AM
I've never been to a Chiefs game. The last NFL game I went to was in Buffalo and there were drunks all over starting fights and throwing snowballs. I wouldn't bring a 9 month old anywhere near an NFL stadium. Maybe Arrowhead is more civil, but still.

Uh No... Don't kid yourself...

Drunk Chiefs fans are the same as any other fans....

tooge
09-08-2010, 09:59 AM
9 month olds belong at the zoo, the circus, the park, etc.`Not an NFL game. I started taking my 7 year old last year.

Tribal Warfare
09-08-2010, 10:19 AM
IMO, if the kid doesn't understand most of the rules in the game don't bring them or he/she will be lost.

Deberg_1990
09-08-2010, 10:26 AM
Anything older than 2 weeks should be fine. 2 week rule for exposing your baby to the outside.

luv
09-08-2010, 10:29 AM

Do they even put baby changing stations in any men's restroom anywhere?

MOhillbilly
09-08-2010, 10:34 AM
i took my twin sons to arrowhead for a chief/raiders game when they were 5. they did fine w/the tailgaiting, and for the start of the game. then it started to sleet/snow and get pretty freaking cold. by half time, the wife wanted to take them back out to the car to warm up. that's where they all stayed for the rest of the game.

sec

the cold and bitching part is why i dont want to ever take mine.

MOhillbilly
09-08-2010, 10:35 AM
bottom of the urinals works just fine.

KCUnited
09-08-2010, 10:37 AM
What's the point of having a wife if you still got to lug your kids out to the game?

CaliforniaChief
09-08-2010, 10:37 AM
bottom of the urinals works just fine.

LMAO

BucEyedPea
09-08-2010, 10:40 AM

3 weeks is too young to me but anything over that is fine. :eek:They tune out the world.

Pants
09-08-2010, 10:45 AM

Yeap.

MOhillbilly
09-08-2010, 10:46 AM
Yeap.

that is so ghey. i hate modern day society sometimes.

luv
09-08-2010, 10:49 AM
Yeap.

Good to know, I guess.

Deberg_1990
09-08-2010, 10:50 AM
Yeap.

IM sure there are lots of Family restrooms as well?

Pants
09-08-2010, 10:53 AM

True, lol. But I guess they have to consider the possibility that daddy is out with just his kid(s) or something.

DaneMcCloud
09-08-2010, 10:54 AM

I went the old Municipal stadium when I was five and it was GREAT! I was at Arrowhead throughout the 70's in moonboots and parkas from age 7-15 and loved every minute. Well, except for the losing part.

The more things change, the more they stay the same...

DaneMcCloud
09-08-2010, 10:56 AM

I can't even believe that you're asking this question.

No wonder your rep is turned off.

KC Tattoo
09-08-2010, 10:59 AM

How is that ghey (gay)? There are fathers who change there babies diapers all the time, does not make them ghey. Why shouldn't they have changing stations in the mens room? I understand not at a football game or UFC but most public places they should have them. Fathers are parents too.

phisherman
09-08-2010, 11:21 AM
I took the wife and our 3 month old daughter and everything was fine.

I should add though, we were in a corporate suite.

JD10367
09-08-2010, 11:27 AM
I've rethought my position. Kids need to be taken to games early, to make sure they turn into true fans. :)

http://ninesisters.files.wordpress.com/2008/03/kid-finger-full.jpg

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-08-2010, 12:02 PM

sec

LMAO

DenverDanChiefsFan
09-08-2010, 12:04 PM
Mine are 8 and 13. Went to their first game last year.

Ralphy Boy
09-08-2010, 12:15 PM

No, he's not cool. He's cool to you and thats because he's your kid. To everyone else he's just a baby. Don't make anyone else suffer because you think he's cool and you would be cool for taking him to a game.

I've got kids and would never dream of subjecting fellow fans to that.

KcMizzou
09-08-2010, 12:23 PM
No, he's not cool. He's cool to you and thats because he's your kid. To everyone else he's just a baby. Don't make anyone else suffer because you think he's cool and you would be cool for taking him to a game.

I've got kids and would never dream of subjecting fellow fans to that.I'd be more concerned about subjecting the baby to the fans than the other way around.

bevischief
09-08-2010, 12:28 PM
When he can hold your beer without spilling...

Goldmember
09-08-2010, 12:28 PM
Send him with Hootie to the Raider's game. That would make the best tread ever.

They sacrifice Chiefs fan babies at halftime

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-08-2010, 12:31 PM
When he can hold your beer without spilling...

LMAO

MOhillbilly
09-08-2010, 12:46 PM
How is that ghey (gay)? There are fathers who change there babies diapers all the time, does not make them ghey. Why shouldn't they have changing stations in the mens room? I understand not at a football game or UFC but most public places they should have them. Fathers are parents too.

blah,blah,blah, thats great for you. I aint gonna change any shitty diaper ever again. Little nasty bastards.
You know they are worse than old people right?
just shittin everywhere.
It could be coming out the top and squirtin up there back. They dont even fucking care man.
WTF is up with that?
And my god have you smelled baby shit? Pools of pigshit in july smell better.

kids are bullshit man, dads who change a shitty diaper and think its part of being a dad need a man card revocation.

seclark
09-08-2010, 12:52 PM
blah,blah,blah, thats great for you. I aint gonna change any shitty diaper ever again. Little nasty bastards.
You know they are worse than old people right?
just shittin everywhere.
It could be coming out the top and squirtin up there back. They dont even ****ing care man.
WTF is up with that?
And my god have you smelled baby shit? Pools of pigshit in july smell better.

kids are bullshit man, dads who change a shitty diaper and think its part of being a dad need a man card revocation.

LMAO

KC Tattoo
09-08-2010, 02:05 PM
[

kids are bullshit man, dads who change a shitty diaper and think its part of being a dad need a man card revocation.[/QUOTE]

Well, when your trying to pick up on a MILF, kids can be better than a dog....

NewChief
09-08-2010, 02:21 PM
My kid crapped his pants in King Carl's box. True story.

seclark
09-08-2010, 02:23 PM
My kid crapped his pants in King Carl's box. True story.

good for him.
sec

38yrsfan
09-08-2010, 02:25 PM
My son was born during the Monday night game vs the Raiders in 1992 .........

of course we were at a hospital but that didn't stop the doctor and I from watching the game. Chiefs 27-7!

Anyone suggest earmuffs maybe? Have fun whatever you do.

Pestilence
I'd be more concerned about subjecting the baby to the fans than the other way around.

It goes both ways. I love my girls to death.....but I wouldn't subject a bunch of strangers to them at a place like Arrowhead. Kids are kids.....and they can and will be annoying. When they're your kids....it's fine. When they aren't.....it's a pain in the ass.

stevieray

sec

LOL

Pestilence
My son was born during the Monday night game vs the Raiders in 1992 .........

of course we were at a hospital but that didn't stop the doctor and I from watching the game. Chiefs 27-7!

Anyone suggest earmuffs maybe? Have fun whatever you do.

Suggest earmuffs?

How about the suggestion of a fucking babysitter like people already have. Taking a 9 month old to a football game is beyond retarded.

NewChief
09-08-2010, 02:26 PM
good for him.
sec

My wife was horrified because the Hunts and King Carl and all the rich and famous were in the box with her and our boys. Then my kid blows the place out with a shitty diaper (I was sitting down in the stadium with the rest of the real fans while she hobnobbed it up with them). I thought it was funny as hell.

NewChief
09-08-2010, 02:27 PM
Suggest earmuffs?

How about the suggestion of a ****ing babysitter like people already have. Taking a 9 month old to a football game is beyond retarded.

In our section, there were always lots of kids. :shrug:

Pestilence
09-08-2010, 02:32 PM
In our section, there were always lots of kids. :shrug:

9 month olds?

seclark
09-08-2010, 02:34 PM
My wife was horrified because the Hunts and King Carl and all the rich and famous were in the box with her and our boys. Then my kid blows the place out with a shitty diaper (I was sitting down in the stadium with the rest of the real fans while she hobnobbed it up with them). I thought it was funny as hell.

how old is your boy now?
sec

MOhillbilly
[

Well, when your trying to pick up on a MILF, kids can be better than a dog....[/quote]

Swagger pulls the trim better than both.

KCUnited
Don't let my money go to waste, just drop them off at the Lil' K.

NewChief
09-08-2010, 02:36 PM
9 month olds?

Quite a few. A lot of the player's wives brought their babies. Of course, the game is more of a social event for them where they all sit and shoot the shit with their families and show off the fact that their player wives.

NewChief
09-08-2010, 02:38 PM
how old is your boy now?
sec

He's 5 now. He was like 1 when that happened. He was always quiet and good at games (sometimes we took him and sometimes we didn't depending on the weather and whether we needed to drive back to Arkansas straight from the stadium or could spare the time to go pick him up from the sitter at Trent's house). His little brother is a complete hellion, though, and will be attending no sporting events until he learns how to sit still.

Pestilence
09-08-2010, 02:38 PM
Quite a few. A lot of the player's wives brought their babies. Of course, the game is more of a social event for them where they all sit and shoot the shit with their families and show off the fact that their player wives.

Ok....I still don't think a 9 month old should be at a game though.

Mr. Arrowhead
09-08-2010, 02:39 PM
BTW in case you didn't get it its gonna be loud LOL
Posted via Mobile Device

NewChief
09-08-2010, 02:40 PM
BTW in case you didn't get it its gonna be loud LOL
Posted via Mobile Device

Yeah, ear plugs (or headphones) are a must if you're going to do it. We take our kids to see a lot of music as well, though, so they're used to having to wear ear plugs. Also be prepared to take some walks around the stadium if the kid starts crying.

seclark
09-08-2010, 02:43 PM
He's 5 now. He was like 1 when that happened. He was always quiet and good at games (sometimes we took him and sometimes we didn't depending on the weather and whether we needed to drive back to Arkansas straight from the stadium or could spare the time to go pick him up from the sitter at Trent's house). His little brother is a complete hellion, though, and will be attending no sporting events until he learns how to sit still.

i just find it funny, thinking about all those big-wigs gasping for air. i consider myself a chiefs fan, but that would have been the highlight of the game for me.
respect for that boy:thumb:
sec

wutamess
09-08-2010, 03:24 PM
I took my 5(only boy), 6 & 13 yo to the Chiefs last preseason game last week.
They thoroughly enjoyed it. The boy started getting antsy at the end and wanting to go because it got cold.

But we've been taking them to Royals games and stuff for the last couple of years.
They always seem to have a blast. 9 months tho... I didn't think anyone on this board would be stupid enuf to try to pull that one off...

You're THAT guy!

Wyndex
09-08-2010, 03:31 PM
Getting a sitter is no problem, lots of options on the sitters. I wasn't looking for someone to say it's a great idea. I assumed he was too young to go, I was merely looking for opinions on the matter...my only concern was the noise and his hearing. Lot's of people posted other reasons that I never really gave much thought about. This didn't need to be 150 posts long, I am not going to even bother reading the 2nd page.

|Zach|
09-08-2010, 03:33 PM
LMAO

Tribal Warfare
09-08-2010, 08:20 PM

They are usually in box seats too

NewChief
09-08-2010, 08:28 PM
They are usually in box seats too

Not necessarily. A ton sit in 118 or did when we had our tickets there.

Valiant
09-08-2010, 08:37 PM
12-13yo

Pablo
09-08-2010, 09:41 PM
Well, the best option is for your wife to give birth at Arrowhead.

So, I'd suggest you do some pretty heavy fucking in March and try to make it out to Arrowhead for the 2011 home opener. Then maybe the rumbling stadium and insanely loud crowd will shake that little fucker right out of your wife's twat.

She can drop it onto a nacho tray, and it'll have a cheese coating instead of placenta. Shit, you might even get Eric Berry to autograph the little fucker after the game. What could be more COOL than that?

To answer your question, there is no such thing as too young...

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-08-2010, 10:13 PM

So, I'd suggest you do some pretty heavy fucking in March and try to make it out to Arrowhead for the 2011 home opener. Then maybe the rumbling stadium and insanely loud crowd will shake that little fucker right out of your wife's twat.

She can drop it onto a nacho tray, and it'll have a cheese coating instead of placenta. Shit, you might even get Eric Berry to autograph the little fucker after the game. What could be more COOL than that?

To answer your question, there is no such thing as too young...

LMAO/thread.

LaChapelle
09-08-2010, 10:22 PM
Security will search the diaper bag
FAIL

JoeyChuckles
09-08-2010, 10:30 PM
First Royals game: 7 years old
First Chiefs game: 12 years old

KCBOSS1
09-08-2010, 10:45 PM
Most definitely too young

Rausch
09-08-2010, 10:47 PM

WHY would you take a baby to a concert/NFL game/public event?

I see no purpose and only negatives for you and those around you...

BIG_DADDY
09-08-2010, 10:50 PM
WHY would you take a baby to a concert/NFL game/public event?

I see no purpose and only negatives for you and those around you...

Because you might make the jumbotron if you dress him in a cute KCWolfcub outfit dumbass. Get a clue.

The Elder
09-08-2010, 10:54 PM
Well my kids are 26 and 30. When I took them to their first games I had a few rules.

:1 At the bare minium they must be potty trained.

:2 Must be old enought to walk to the stadiums and walk back to the car. (It is okay if they passout in the car.

:3 They need to learn the football basics such as, what a touchdown and a field goal is and the difference between a safety and a touchback.

:4 The must be taught the proper audible zone behavior. When the opposing team has the ball stand up and be as loud as you can. 3rd down take it up if possible. When we have the ball, SHUT UP!

And a hotdog is mandatory.

KcMizzou
09-08-2010, 11:05 PM

To answer your question, there is no such thing as too young...This is why PRP is awesome. Beaker or not.... dude cracks me up.

LaChapelle
09-08-2010, 11:06 PM
Well my kids are 26 and 30. When I took them to their first games I had a few rules.

:1 At the bare minium they must be potty trained.

:2 Must be old enought to walk to the stadiums and walk back to the car. (It is okay if they passout in the car.

:3 They need to learn the football basics such as, what a touchdown and a field goal is and the difference between a safety and a touchback.

:4 The must be taught the proper audible zone behavior. When the opposing team has the ball stand up and be as loud as you can. 3rd down take it up if possible. When we have the ball, SHUT UP!

And a hotdog is mandatory.

That's sexist!

Bugeater
09-08-2010, 11:16 PM
Getting a sitter is no problem, lots of options on the sitters. I wasn't looking for someone to say it's a great idea. I assumed he was too young to go, I was merely looking for opinions on the matter...my only concern was the noise and his hearing. Lot's of people posted other reasons that I never really gave much thought about. This didn't need to be 150 posts long, I am not going to even bother reading the 2nd page.
See, that's where you're wrong. Most of us can only dream about starting a thread that garners this many responses.

KcMizzou
09-08-2010, 11:18 PM
See, that's where you're wrong. Most of us can only dream about starting a thread that garners this many responses.CP Rockstar.

BIG_DADDY
09-08-2010, 11:33 PM
This is why PRP is awesome. Beaker or not.... dude cracks me up.

Missed that. ROFL

|Zach|
09-08-2010, 11:37 PM
Some of my fondest memories are me and my old man going to Chiefs games. We went to most every home game from '91 - '02. So I was 7 or 8 when I started going.

Hell, I was at the last Chiefs playoff win in Houston. Jeez.

BIG_DADDY
09-08-2010, 11:38 PM
Some of my fondest memories are me and my old man going to Chiefs games. We went to most every home game from '91 - '02. So I was 7 or 8 when I started going.

Hell, I was at the last Chiefs playoff win in Houston. Jeez.

Did you bring your camera?

|Zach|
09-08-2010, 11:48 PM
Did you bring your camera?

I didn't really realize my love of photography until I was a lot older. I am sure there are pictures of our trip somewhere though.

BIG_DADDY
09-09-2010, 12:03 AM
I didn't really realize my love of photography until I was a lot older. I am sure there are pictures of our trip somewhere though.

It's cool you got to see games when you were young. My only experience in my youth was winning the little league championships and getting to go see the SF Giants. Hank Arron hit a foul ball and it spun off my hands, hit me in the chest and spun over my shoulder to the old dude behind me who got the ball. To this day everyone on that team I have contact with still gives me grief. Took Trav to his first MLB game this year at 3 and he totally dug on it. Hopefully I can get him to see the Chiefs soon. If he had it his way at this point in his short life he would preffer seeing Kobe and the Lakers to anything else. Hopefully that will change soon

|Zach|
09-09-2010, 12:36 AM
It's cool you got to see games when you were young. My only experience in my youth was winning the little league championships and getting to go see the SF Giants. Hank Arron hit a foul ball and it spun off my hands, hit me in the chest and spun over my shoulder to the old dude behind me who got the ball. To this day everyone on that team I have contact with still gives me grief. Took Trav to his first MLB game this year at 3 and he totally dug on it. Hopefully I can get him to see the Chiefs soon. If he had it his way at this point in his short life he would preffer seeing Kobe and the Lakers to anything else. Hopefully that will change soon

We did baseball sometimes as well he shared a quarter season with business partners for a while. But in my family baseball is more an enjoyable time out at the park...we truly love the game of football.

But along with seeing the Pitt and Hou playoff wins I was unlucky enough to sit through both Colts home playoff losses and the Denver one. Yeesh.

BIG_DADDY
09-09-2010, 12:56 AM
We did baseball sometimes as well he shared a quarter season with business partners for a while. But in my family baseball is more an enjoyable time out at the park...we truly love the game of football.

But along with seeing the Pitt and Hou playoff wins I was unlucky enough to sit through both Colts home playoff losses and the Denver one. Yeesh.

Yea, losing isn't any fun. That's why in Trav's short life he has enjoyed being a Lakers fan. :D

Being a Chiefs fan reminds me of the movie Enter the Dragon and Mr. Han's quote: "We are all ready to win, just as we are born knowing only life. It is defeat that you must learn to prepare for" Oh the agony. Hopefully his youthful memories will be better than mine. At least I have one good one.

|Zach|
09-09-2010, 01:00 AM
Yea, losing isn't any fun. That's why in Trav's short life he has enjoyed being a Lakers fan. :D

Being a Chiefs fan reminds me of the movie Enter the Dragon and Mr. Han's quote: "We are all ready to win, just as we are born knowing only life. It is defeat that you must learn to prepare for" Oh the agony. Hopefully his youthful memories will be better than mine. At least I have one good one.

It will be that much better when it happens.

BIG_DADDY
09-09-2010, 01:05 AM
It will be that much better when it happens.

Yea, at this point in my life it's like a faded memory almost wetdreamesque in nature.

Short Leash Hootie
09-09-2010, 01:05 AM
I think some of you guys are totally wrong...

I remember Chiefs games when I was 6 years old..

I remember a lady throwing $1 bills every Chiefs TD...and sometimes me catching them (when I was 6 years old)...

I remember LOVING every Sunday when I was 6 years old...

I remember Derrick Thomas...I remember those games...

I WAS 6 YEARS OLD...

That's why I love the Chiefs...

Maybe I was different...

but I'm telling you...

That's why I'm a Chiefs fan?

12..13? Uh...what?

No.

6 or 7 is a FINE age to go to a Chiefs game...

I have GREAT memories from being that young and being at Arrowhead...

you know what...

if anything...you all should hate my dad and his tickets for making me such a Chiefs fan at such a young age...if he didn't take me to Arrowhead 6-8 times a year for 6 years when I was that young I wouldn't be a Chiefs fan and I wouldn't be on this board..that's for sure

KcMizzou
09-09-2010, 01:08 AM
I think some of you guys are totally wrong...

I remember Chiefs games when I was 6 years old..

I remember a lady throwing $1 bills every Chiefs TD...and sometimes me catching them (when I was 6 years old)...

I remember LOVING every Sunday when I was 6 years old...

I remember Derrick Thomas...I remember those games...

I WAS 6 YEARS OLD...

That's why I love the Chiefs...

Maybe I was different...

but I'm telling you...

That's why I'm a Chiefs fan?

12..13? Uh...what?

No.

6 or 7 is a FINE age to go to a Chiefs game...

I have GREAT memories from being that young and being at Arrowhead...

you know what...

if anything...you all should hate my dad and his tickets for making me such a Chiefs fan at such a young age...if he didn't take me to Arrowhead 6-8 times a year for 6 years when I was that young I wouldn't be a Chiefs fan and I wouldn't be on this board..that's for sureThere's a reason you turned out the way you are. I'm not saying this is it, but it's possible.

Short Leash Hootie
09-09-2010, 01:15 AM
There's a reason you turned out the way you are. I'm not saying this is it, but it's possible.

ROFL

First off...what?

I was raised amazingly...just because I turned out to be an asshole...or whatever it is you all think...doesn't mean I wasn't raised the right way...

Every single person on this board would have the utmost respect for both my father, and my mother...

Just because I'm an idiot has nothing to do with anything.

Next...

Those tailgates/games at Arrowhead/memories I have...Priceless.

No one will ever take them away from me.

and I moved from KC when I was 12...

Those games...those times...

watching Keith Cash spike Buddy Ryan...

THAT SHIT STAYS WITH ME...

Those are MY MEMORIES...

Even watching the shitty ass 12" TV at my best friends when Montana lost to the Bills...

Those are MY MEMORIES...

You guys are CRAZY if you think kids don't remember things...

I remember it all...

and it's the reason why...it's the reason why I live in Illinois and care about nothing more than Chiefs football...

so yeah...

6 years old..

5 years old...

those are FINE ages to take a kid to a Chiefs game...

No doubt.

Short Leash Hootie
09-09-2010, 01:18 AM
my dad tells me...

I don't remember so well...

he tells me how he remembers me becoming such the sports fan I became...

before MJ...

before I started waking at 5:30 AM before school to watch SportsCenter...

he was watching the Chiefs game...

I was watching with him...he always tried to explain the rules...

it was probably 1991...I was 6 years old...maybe 5 at the time...5.5 perhaps....

either way...

Elway drops back to pass...DT sacks him...fumble...Chiefs ball...

I guess...according to pops...I just went nuts about the whole thing...

"Fumble!!! Chiefs ball!"

Had to be a good father moment...

and ever since...nothing I cared about more was Sunday and Chiefs football...

(maybe because I got out of church at first...who knows)...

but you guys are NUTS if you think a 5 year old can't handle Arrowhead...

never once did I have a bad time

Bill Lundberg
09-14-2010, 04:26 PM
Three rows behind me last night sat a middle aged couple and an infant. They proudly held up a sign declaring that it was their 38 DAY OLD CHILD'S first Chiefs game on Monday Night Football.

I was less than impressed and nearly told them how fucking stupid they were. Fortunately for the child they disappeared when the heavy rain started falling.

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-14-2010, 04:30 PM
Three rows behind me last night sat a middle aged couple and an infant. They proudly held up a sign declaring that it was their 38 DAY OLD CHILD'S first Chiefs game on Monday Night Football.

I was less than impressed and nearly told them how fucking stupid they were. Fortunately for the child they disappeared when the heavy rain started falling.

They went to the Dutch Whorehouse...

Bill Lundberg
09-14-2010, 04:31 PM
They went to the Dutch Whorehouse...

:clap:

aturnis
09-14-2010, 06:13 PM

I was less than impressed and nearly told them how ****ing stupid they were. Fortunately for the child they disappeared when the heavy rain started falling.

Section 326?

Bill Lundberg
09-14-2010, 06:34 PM
Section 326?

aturnis
09-14-2010, 07:01 PM
Oh, had the same thing in 326, row 34 in front of me. Kept thinking it HAD to be Wyndex. Thought about asking how old the kid was.:D Looked younger than 9mo. though.

Buck
10-03-2010, 07:52 PM
Where I sit at Chargers games there is a family who has had tickets there pretty much for the past 5 or 6 years (and this is the 10th year I've had mine). It's a grandmother, mother, daughter (about 28 years old for reference), and the daughter's husband.

Well they always get annoyed when I yell when the Chargers are on defense, but frankly, I don't give a fuck. The whole stadium is yelling and I'm sorry if I hurt your ears.

Anyways, today they brought their fucking newborn daughter who was no more than 2.5 months old. I started out yelling and saw that they were covering her ears when I was, so out of respect to the baby, I didn't yell for the rest of the game.

It was sort of bullshit. You should never bring your baby to the game. Why would you put them through that?

NewChief
10-03-2010, 07:54 PM
Where I sit at Chargers games there is a family who has had tickets there pretty much for the past 5 or 6 years (and this is the 10th year I've had mine). It's a grandmother, mother, daughter (about 28 years old for reference), and the daughter's husband.

Well they always get annoyed when I yell when the Chargers are on defense, but frankly, I don't give a ****. The whole stadium is yelling and I'm sorry if I hurt your ears.

Anyways, today they brought their ****ing newborn daughter who was no more than 2.5 months old. I started out yelling and saw that they were covering her ears when I was, so out of respect to the baby, I didn't yell for the rest of the game.

It was sort of bullshit. You should never bring your baby to the game. Why would you put them through that?

Here's what I'd do: Next time, bring some of those putty, formable ear plugs. If they bring their rug rat, then "kindly" offer them the ear plugs when you notice them covering their kid's ears.

Buck
10-03-2010, 07:56 PM
Here's what I'd do: Next time, bring some of those putty, formable ear plugs. If they bring their rug rat, then "kindly" offer them the ear plugs when you notice them covering their kid's ears.

I'm not going to possibly hurt the development of a child's hearing just so I can yell, but I am not happy with the parents. That hinges on the border of child abuse.

luv
10-03-2010, 07:57 PM
I wouldn't have stopped yelling. If they want to bring their baby to a game, then they face the consequences of doing so.

At the SF game, there was a SF couple sitting in front of us with a near newborn. They kept covering his ears, and he looked very displeased. If the kid has hearing problems, it's not from my screaming at a professional football game. It's because of his stupid, idiotic parents brought him to a professional football game.

NewChief
10-03-2010, 07:59 PM
I'm not going to possibly hurt the development of a child's hearing just so I can yell, but I am not happy with the parents. That hinges on the border of child abuse.

As I've said, we brought our youngster (about 1 year old) to Arrowhead a few times when Trent was playing there, but we brought ear plugs. We also were very flexible about leaving and going where it wasn't loud if need be. We tried to avoid bringing him if we could, but there were times when it just needed to happen. He was fine, but he's a mellow kid. I would never bring my younger son to a game. He's insane and would never sit through one.

Buck
10-03-2010, 08:02 PM
I wouldn't have stopped yelling. If they want to bring their baby to a game, then they face the consequences of doing so.

At the SF game, there was a SF couple sitting in front of us with a near newborn. They kept covering his ears, and he looked very displeased. If the kid has hearing problems, it's not from my screaming at a professional football game. It's because of his stupid, idiotic parents brought him to a professional football game.

1. I've never heard you yell, but having 10 years of yelling experience, I can yell very loudly for a very long time. At least 30 seconds without taking a breath.
2. I guess I have a soft spot for kids. I'm not going to yell if its going to disturb a baby.

As I've said, we brought our youngster (about 1 year old) to Arrowhead a few times when Trent was playing there, but we brought ear plugs. We also were very flexible about leaving and going where it wasn't loud if need be. We tried to avoid bringing him if we could, but there were times when it just needed to happen. He was fine, but he's a mellow kid. I would never bring my younger son to a game. He's insane and would never sit through one.

There is a big difference between a 1 year old and a 2.5 month old baby.

Chiefaholic
10-03-2010, 08:55 PM
I took my kids to their first game around age 8 (2 girls) when they had a basic understanding about the game and actually enjoyed the experience. My youngest daughter was a huge Dante Hall fan and made the Jumbotron twice over the years. Little things like the Tomahawk Chop, the old TD chant to Rock-N-Roll pt 2, meeting FDE, Arrow-Man, Belly Boy, Krazy Wolf, etc on the parking lot was what made it a family experience.

I'm sure the age will vary from kid to kid, but we had some great times at Arrowhead as a family.

kysirsoze
10-03-2010, 09:30 PM

I would be yelling, but at those parents, not at the opposing offense.

Chiefaholic
10-03-2010, 09:44 PM
On the subject of bad parents at games... I attended a game at Arrowhead several years ago with my dad on a COLD day against Seattle. In the seats directly in front of us, there was an extremely obnoxious woman from Seattle with her family. While she yelled and screamed during the whole game, her drunk ass husband was passed out in his seat from the whiskey he snook into the game. And her poor little kids (near 5-8 year olds) were freezing their asses off with light jackets to stay warm. I bought them a couple hot chocolates and my dad offered his coat (heavy Chief coat). But, their worthless ass mother refused to let them cover up with a Chief jacket. Some parents don't deserve children....

LaChapelle
01-05-2011, 04:39 PM
How loud can the kid scream

mohammedhali
01-05-2011, 04:43 PM
KC Wolf can smell children from miles away, so I'd sit as close to the field as possible.

KurtCobain
01-05-2011, 06:12 PM
We do need the noise.