PDA

View Full Version : Football NFL Sunday Ticket Mobile [Even For Non DirecTV subscribers]

SLAG
09-07-2010, 10:19 PM
NFL Sunday Ticket Mobile
$49.95 for Subscribers
$350 For Non

http://www.directv.com/DTVAPP/content/nflstonline/overview

Android, WebOS, Blackberry oh and that iphone / iTouch Senior Citizen Edition thing -

Edit: And your PC too

Guru
09-07-2010, 10:22 PM
$350 for mobile WTF!!!

Are they insane?

Hell, even $50 for mobile is pushing it.

teedubya
09-07-2010, 10:23 PM
Hahaha... good luck with that directTV. haahahahahaahaha

SLAG
09-07-2010, 10:24 PM
And your PC too

DaFace
09-07-2010, 10:26 PM
Wow. That's actually really big news. For the first time, people have an option for NFLST that doesn't require having DirecTV service.

tk13
09-07-2010, 10:29 PM
At first I thought that was really extreme... and it still is... but you can get it on your computer too. That makes things a little different.

aturnis
09-07-2010, 10:29 PM
$350 for mobile WTF!!!

Are they insane?

Hell, even $50 for mobile is pushing it.

Now that phones have 4G and HDMI outputs, it's not that crazy.

Bacon Cheeseburger
09-07-2010, 10:30 PM
At first I thought that was really extreme... and it still is... but you can get it on your computer too. That makes things a little different.
Yeah, it does, but $350 is still pretty steep to watch it on a computer.

wazu
09-07-2010, 10:31 PM
Pretty sure it doesn't, but does anybody know for sure whether or not NFL Sunday Ticket covers NFL.com games? Just wondering because of the Thanksgiving game, when I always seem to be stuck in a "non-NFL.com" having house. Mobile would solve this problem.

Buck
09-07-2010, 10:31 PM

My Chargers Season tickets were $900 for 10 games (including 2 preseason games).

If you think about it, it could be a bargain.

Guru
09-07-2010, 10:32 PM
Now that phones have 4G and HDMI outputs, it's not that crazy.I don't care. That is too much. That is more than what most on here pay for it now by just having the dish.

tk13

Well it is... but you can still output that to your TV and watch it there.

SLAG
I think I will get by just fine with my SlingBox and the SlingPlayer Mobile App

CrazyPhuD
Heh my computer is hooked up to my tv....the question is what is the quality?

teedubya
09-07-2010, 10:33 PM
My Chargers Season tickets were $900 for 10 games (including 2 preseason games).

If you think about it, it could be a bargain.

How in the hell do you have season tickets... and haven't had a job in months? Are you selling drugs or something? ROFL

Bacon Cheeseburger
09-07-2010, 10:34 PM
Well it is... but you can still output that to your TV and watch it there.
Yeah, I could, if I had the equipment and knowledge that would be required to do it.

CrazyPhuD
09-07-2010, 10:34 PM
I would do this without even thinkin twice....except for one thing
no fucking way to DVR the game. If they let me watch the game whenver I wanted to I would. Only live...fuck you.

CrazyPhuD
09-07-2010, 10:35 PM
How in the hell do you have season tickets... and haven't had a job in months? Are you selling drugs or something? ROFL

ghey sex pays....

Guru
Yeah, I could, if I had the equipment and knowledge that would be required to do it.So basically you are saying you don't have a brain. Got it.:evil:

DaFace
Heh my computer is hooked up to my tv....the question is what is the quality?

My brother...uhh...cooperated with me last year so that he could watch it on his computer last year, and he was impressed. I don't think it's HD quality or anything, but better than any illegal game stream you've ever seen online.

SLAG
09-07-2010, 10:36 PM
My brother...uhh...cooperated with me last year so that he could watch it on his computer last year, and he was impressed. I don't think it's HD quality or anything, but better than any illegal game stream you've ever seen online.

The Website States HD Quality

Buck

I paid for my season tickets well before I lost my job.

Bacon Cheeseburger
So basically you are saying you don't have a brain. Got it.:evil:
Well that, and I don't think you can do it with a tube TV and a 2003 Compaq Presario.

aturnis
09-07-2010, 10:37 PM
Laptop? Do you have an HDMI output on your computer? If you answered yes to both of these questions(ha!) all you need is a 3.5" audio cable and you have video w/ sound to your TV.

SLAG
09-07-2010, 10:38 PM
Important Info:
Yes, blackout rules are enforced. Due to NFL broadcast restrictions, some games will be unavailable on NFL SUNDAY TICKET™ To-Go based on your ZIP code. However, you will still be able to access statistics and highlights for those games.

For the time being, if you are traveling, you will be able to watch those games online that you would be able to watch online at home.

Streaming is only available for NFL SUNDAY TICKET™ To-Go games. Sunday night, Monday, Thursday, and Saturday games are not part of NFL SUNDAY TICKET™ To-Go and therefore not eligible for streaming.

DaFace
09-07-2010, 10:38 PM

It sounds like a lot, but that's only $30 more than the regular NFLST price.

CrazyPhuD
09-07-2010, 10:39 PM

Well working in video, HD quality may not mean HD quality. But really I'd do this in a heart beat if they had a DVR type service where I could start the game and fast forward till live. Simply put that's what I loved when I had my directv. I'd wake up an hour or so into the game, plop down and watch my leasure. Now I'd probably not get enoug value out of it. Hahah waking up at 10am each sunday is too unlikely:D

Bacon Cheeseburger
09-07-2010, 10:40 PM
It sounds like a lot, but that's only $30 more than the regular NFLST price.
I was wondering about that. I had ST in '00 and '01 and it was only $160 back then.

BigMeatballDave
09-07-2010, 10:41 PM
$350? Are they high?

BigMeatballDave
09-07-2010, 10:43 PM
Wow. That's actually really big news. For the first time, people have an option for NFLST that doesn't require having DirecTV service.I agree, but $350 for this is ridiculous.

DaFace
09-07-2010, 10:44 PM
I agree, but $350 for this is ridiculous.

Like I said, it's only $30 more than the normal price.

CrazyPhuD
09-07-2010, 10:44 PM
I agree, but $350 for this is ridiculous.

really you think so?

if you watch one game a week it's ~$22 a game...that's NOT bad....if you watch two it's $11. I'd do it except I'd miss to much of games for not waking up in time. Hence the need for a DVR which directv mobile doesn't let you do.

Buck
09-07-2010, 10:45 PM
Laptop? Do you have an HDMI output on your computer? If you answered yes to both of these questions(ha!) all you need is a 3.5" audio cable and you have video w/ sound to your TV.

You know HDMI sends audio too, right?

FWIW, I had this set up last year so I could watch whatever game was on regular TV on one TV, and DirecTV whatever game I wanted on the other TV. It worked out well.

The one on the left is the DirecTV (from my laptop) and its in SD quality.

http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f138/mattdayjr/0927091055.jpg

CrazyPhuD
09-07-2010, 10:46 PM
Maybe I'm just too used to fucked up prices here like $15 for a 2hr movie. COmpared to that $20 for a 3hr football game is nothing.

BigMeatballDave
09-07-2010, 10:49 PM
Like I said, it's only $30 more than the normal price.I know, and it should be less. Much less. If it were $100, I'd be all over it.

|Zach|
09-07-2010, 10:50 PM
You can get a shit ton of football at your disposal for that price. I don't have a need for it but I don't think it is unreasonable priced.

Bacon Cheeseburger
09-07-2010, 10:52 PM
I know, and it should be less. Much less. If it were $100, I'd be all over it.
Since you could conceivably hook it up to your TV just like a dish, there's really no reason for it to be any less than what the standard Sunday Ticket is.

BigMeatballDave
09-07-2010, 10:52 PM
Maybe I'm just too used to fucked up prices here like $15 for a 2hr movie. COmpared to that $20 for a 3hr football game is nothing.Probably. I'm cheap. I always do matinee.

|Zach|
09-07-2010, 10:53 PM
Since you could conceivably hook it up to your TV just like a dish, there's really no reason for it to be any less than what the standard Sunday Ticket is.

Exactly. You can get good fucking video quality with a good streaming option.

Param
09-07-2010, 10:54 PM
hmmmm, this sounds interesting. Since I'll never buy directv, this is an interesting option. I do wonder if they will do a free trial or have any coupons floating around for this. .

Guru
09-07-2010, 10:55 PM
Like I said, it's only $30 more than the normal price.You are being sarcastic with that right?

BigMeatballDave
09-07-2010, 10:56 PM
Since you could conceivably hook it up to your TV just like a dish, there's really no reason for it to be any less than what the standard Sunday Ticket is.Maybe, if i had an HDMI output on my laptop. I am working sundays now and I'd like it on my phone(Droid).

Guru
09-07-2010, 11:00 PM
It still won't be HD quality. Hell I was watching the college game last night on ESPN3 in "HD quality" and I had full bars on the video player and it wasn't "HD quality" at all. They use this term so damn loosely it isn't even funny.

Buck
09-07-2010, 11:00 PM
http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f138/mattdayjr/0927091055.jpg

You can see the TV on the left. It is just like normal Standard Def quality, not HD.

Bacon Cheeseburger
09-07-2010, 11:02 PM
Maybe, if i had an HDMI output on my laptop. I am working sundays now and I'd like it on my phone(Droid).
Yeah, I definitely wouldn't pay that much just to watch it on my phone. No way in hell.

Bacon Cheeseburger
09-07-2010, 11:03 PM
You can see the TV on the left. It is just like normal Standard Def quality, not HD.
So you had this service last year? I guess I was under the impression that this was something new.

Buck
09-07-2010, 11:05 PM
So you had this service last year? I guess I was under the impression that this was something new.

Sort of.

This service costs $50 if you already have NFL Sunday Ticket.

Last year it was free if you already had NFL Sunday Ticket.

I paid someone $100 to let me use their internet access for the whole season, so they gave me their username and password.

Its the same service, now you can just buy it without being a DirecTV customer.

Guru
09-07-2010, 11:06 PM
So you had this service last year? I guess I was under the impression that this was something new.the only new thing is that it can go to phones now and can be obtained without having DirectTV.

They had it on computers last year.

Bacon Cheeseburger
09-07-2010, 11:08 PM
Sort of.

This service costs $50 if you already have NFL Sunday Ticket.

Last year it was free if you already had NFL Sunday Ticket.

I paid someone $100 to let me use their internet access for the whole season, so they gave me their username and password.

Its the same service, now you can just buy it without being a DirecTV customer.
Ah, I gotcha. I'm probably blackballed from Directv anyway, my last interaction with them was a profanity laced tirade.

Mr. Flopnuts
09-07-2010, 11:08 PM
I had access to DTV Sunday Ticket on my laptop last year. I had a laptop that had an HDMI drive and I streamed it to my HD television. It wasn't shit. What I paid for it was well worth it, but the quality was nowhere near worth $350. Comcast cable in Seattle with 16mb speed and it wasn't shit. I would NEVER pay that kind of money for it. Streaming it online isn't far enough off to pay that kind of money for it.

Buck
09-07-2010, 11:10 PM
I had access to DTV Sunday Ticket on my laptop last year. I had a laptop that had an HDMI drive and I streamed it to my HD television. It wasn't shit. What I paid for it was well worth it, but the quality was nowhere near worth $350. Comcast cable in Seattle with 16mb speed and it wasn't shit. I would NEVER pay that kind of money for it. Streaming it online isn't far enough off to pay that kind of money for it.

Yeah. I would probably honestly pay $200 if I really wanted it.

Mr. Flopnuts
09-07-2010, 11:24 PM
Yeah. I would probably honestly pay $200 if I really wanted it.

My limit was $150 maybe $175. Just for convenience and knowing the stream wouldn't get shut down. It was good, but it wasn't THAT good.

Fruit Ninja
09-07-2010, 11:24 PM
thats crazy. I get the NBA league pass on the computer that costs me 99 bucks for a SHIT load of games.

|Zach|
09-07-2010, 11:34 PM
thats crazy. I get the NBA league pass on the computer that costs me 99 bucks for a SHIT load of games.

Apples to Oranges.

Fruit Ninja
09-07-2010, 11:42 PM
Apples to Oranges.

Its because the NFL is ****ing retarded for making everything exclusive. So glad American Needle said **** you to the NFL took them to court and WON.

ooh, and them apples for my NBA team are ****ing tasty as ****. Back to Back. So much better then my football team going 4-12. Oranges arent so tasty right now.

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-07-2010, 11:44 PM
Must...keep...Visa....in....wallet!

I tell you what would be worth it; all of us game thread streamers chip-in, get the service and the streaming equipment to teh Planet, and then we wouldn't all be 10 seconds behind or in front of everyone else when were trying to watch a damned game.

|Zach|
09-07-2010, 11:44 PM
Its because the NFL is ****ing retarded for making everything exclusive. So glad American Needle said **** you to the NFL took them to court and WON.

ooh, and them apples for my NBA team are ****ing tasty as ****. Back to Back. So much better then my football team going 4-12. Oranges arent so tasty right now.

Yes. The NFL in their massive popularity that the NBA could only dream about is obviously retarded.

Fruit Ninja
09-07-2010, 11:46 PM
Yes. The NFL in their massive popularity that the NBA could only dream about is obviously retarded.

fuck it, i enjoy NBA a whole lot more then the NFL these days. so for me, its great. Thanks. :) I know what it feels like for my team to win something.

Guru
09-08-2010, 12:13 AM
The NFL might be worth more than the NBA but even MLB is much cheaper and has tons more games. The NFL overcharges. Simple as that.

okcchief
09-08-2010, 12:32 AM
They had the phone last year too. The only thing new is non subscribers.

Buck
09-08-2010, 12:58 AM
Yeah MLB you get all the games for like $100 and all are in true HD.

The Bad Guy
09-08-2010, 04:49 AM
I'd be willing to sell my username and pass for 100 for a CP member to get watch all the games.

I have the NFL to go service, but I'll never use it except for maybe week 3.

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-08-2010, 06:09 AM
Yeah MLB you get all the games for like $100 and all are in true HD.

Do you get a supply of uppers to make it through all that boredom?:p

BigRichard
09-08-2010, 06:15 AM
I'd be willing to sell my username and pass for 100 for a CP member to get watch all the games.

I have the NFL to go service, but I'll never use it except for maybe week 3.

If you are serious about that let me know. I would be interested in it.

Swanman
09-08-2010, 07:33 AM
I will probably end up doing it, even at the high price. I had DTV and Sunday Ticket for years but recently moved and switched to Comcast, as my southern exposure in the new house is littered with tall, mature trees. So far I like Comcast but I was going to miss the Ticket, now I can still get it so it's a win/win. I will probably hook it up via hdmi to my tv and use a wireless mouse to change games on the laptop.

It's a steep price, but being in the Chicago suburbs it was going to get expensive going to sports bars almost every weekend to watch the Chiefs. Plus, I like the comfort of my home to watch games.

DaKCMan AP
09-08-2010, 07:57 AM
I paid $50 for 4 weeks of preseason (although that was On Demand which rocked) so $350 for 17 weeks of real football isn't that steep to me. The Chiefs game are almost never on in Tampa so unless I go to a bar or find an online stream I'm SOL.

I guess it all depends upon an individual's circumstances, but $350 for the NFL season isn't a steep price for me.

DaKCMan AP
09-08-2010, 07:59 AM
BTW, these are some nice features that are advertised for the computer/laptop vieweing:

HD-quality streaming: See every play with greater clarity than ever
Create-Your-Own Mix Channel: Watch up to four live games of your own choosing at the same time on one screen
Picture-in-Picture: Easily switch between two NFL games

The subscription also includes the Red Zone channel.

DaFace
09-08-2010, 09:05 AM
Must...keep...Visa....in....wallet!

I tell you what would be worth it; all of us game thread streamers chip-in, get the service and the streaming equipment to teh Planet, and then we wouldn't all be 10 seconds behind or in front of everyone else when were trying to watch a damned game.

In case you were serious, I don't know of any way to re-stream DirecTV's feed. And yes, I've looked.

DaFace
09-08-2010, 09:05 AM
As for the price, I think it's easy for those of you who get the Chiefs' games for free every week to balk at the price. When it's literally your only option to get to watch the Chiefs, it seems much more reasonable. Still expensive as hell, but not necessarily unreasonable.

Saulbadguy
09-08-2010, 09:09 AM
There is actually some pretty good discussion going on national sports talk radio about declining attendance at NFL games. Unlike normal declines in attendance, this is not due to decreased interest, but due to factors such as the economy, rising costs to attend games, and the vast majority of options and features that make staying at home a better gameday experience.

For the "casual" fan - what sounds better? Driving 30 minutes to an hour to pay $22 to park, anywhere from $35-100+ for a ticket, $8 for a beer, $5 for a hotdog, all to watch "only" 1 game compared to going to a sports bar, or just staying at home, and watching multiple games?

DaKCMan AP
09-08-2010, 09:12 AM
As for the price, I think it's easy for those of you who get the Chiefs' games for free every week to balk at the price. When it's literally your only option to get to watch the Chiefs, it seems much more reasonable. Still expensive as hell, but not necessarily unreasonable.

Exactly. When you're out of market you have no other options except to go to a sports bar. At $20/week for all games, it's not that bad.

BigMeatballDave
09-08-2010, 11:21 AM
Exactly. When you're out of market you have no other options except to go to a sports bar. At $20/week for all games, it's not that bad.Well, when you break it down to a weekly price, thats not bad. However, I just cannot drop $300 on it.

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-08-2010, 11:25 AM
In case you were serious, I don't know of any way to re-stream DirecTV's feed. And yes, I've looked.

Well, shit.