PDA

View Full Version : Obama Even America's liberal elites concede that Obama's Presidency is crumbling

HonestChieffan
09-08-2010, 05:45 PM
Once again Brits see him for what he is

http://blogs.telegraph.co.uk/news/nilegardiner/100052779/even-americas-liberal-elites-concede-that-obamas-presidency-is-crumbling/

Nile Gardiner is a Washington-based foreign affairs analyst and political commentator. He appears frequently on American and British television and radio, including Fox News Channel, CNN, BBC, Sky News, and NPR.

Even America's liberal elites concede that Obama's Presidency is crumbling

By Nile Gardiner

Democrats in Congress are no longer asking themselves whether this is going to be a bad election year for them and their party. They are asking whether it is going to be a disaster. The GOP pushed deep into Democratic-held territory over the summer, to the point where the party is well within range of picking up the 39 seats it would need to take control of the House. Overall, as many as 80 House seats could be at risk, and fewer than a dozen of these are held by Republicans.
Political handicappers now say it is conceivable that the Republicans could also win the 10 seats they need to take back the Senate. Not since 1930 has the House changed hands without the Senate following suit.
Is this a piece from National Review, The Weekly Standard, The Wall Street Journal or Fox News.com, all major conservative news outlets in the United States? No. It’s a direct quote from yesterday’s Washington Post, usually viewed by conservatives as a flagship of the liberal establishment inside the Beltway. The fact The Post is reporting that not only could Republicans sweep the House of Representatives this November, but may even take the Senate as well, is a reflection of just how far the mainstream, overwhelmingly left-of-centre US media has moved in the last month towards acknowledging the scale of the crisis facing the White House.
To its credit, The Washington Post has generally been ahead of the curve compared to its main competitors such as The New York Times in reporting President Obama’s travails, but its striking front page coverage of the “Democrats’ plight” and talk of a possible GOP Senate win (regarded as fantasy just a fortnight ago) was a bold step for a publication that is probably read in every office of the Obama administration.
The Post also ran another headline yesterday on its front page – “Republicans making gains ahead of midterm elections” – which would undoubtedly have sent a shudder through the White House. It carried a new poll commissioned jointly with ABC News, which showed public faith in Barack Obama’s leadership has fallen to an all-time low, with just 46 percent approval. The Washington Post-ABC News survey revealed high levels of public unease with President Obama’s handling of the economy, with 57 percent of Americans disapproving, and 58 percent critical of his handling of the deficit.
For most of the year, America’s political and media elites, including the Obama team itself, have touted the notion of an economic recovery (which never materialised), significantly underestimated the rise of the Tea Party movement, and questioned the notion that conservatism was sweeping America. It is only now hitting home just how close Washington is to experiencing a political revolution in November that will fundamentally change the political landscape on Capitol Hill, with huge implications for the Obama presidency. What was once a perspective confined largely to Fox News, online conservative news sites, or talk radio is now gaining ground in the liberal US print media as well – historic change is coming to America, though not quite the version promised by Barack Obama.

ChiefaRoo
09-08-2010, 06:00 PM
Obama gave a great speech today. Full of sound and righteous fury. Hell, It was full of personality. But In the end it was just a speech and no speech will change the fact that after a year and a half of Obama being in office with huge Dem. majorities and huge amounts of Govt. spending the economy is still sick. He just doesn't get it. Freeze taxes and cut spending are what will stimulate the private sector but Obama doesn't believe in the private sector. He only sees the glorious beauty of the state. He's a communtiy organizer who was given the reigns of Govt. and a blank check. Now we've stimulated ourselves into 9.6 percent unemployment and we're blowing up the fiscal stability of our great country based on high minded principles that don't translate into the real world of free market capitalism. This guy is an evolutionary dead end. Time to defang him in Nov. and vote his sorry ace out in 2012. All we have to have is a candidate who is worth voting for on the Republican side. I don't see that person yet. Scary times boys and girls.

vailpass
09-08-2010, 06:04 PM
Obama gave a great speech today. Full of sound and righteous fury. Hell, It was full of personality. But In the end it was just a speech and no speech will change the fact that after a year and a half of Obama being in office with huge Dem. majorities and huge amounts of Govt. spending the economy is still sick. He just doesn't get it. Freeze taxes and cut spending are what will stimulate the private sector but Obama doesn't believe in the private sector. He only sees the glorious beauty of the state. He's a communtiy organizer who was given the reigns of Govt. and a blank check. Now we've stimulated ourselves into to 9.6 percent unemployment and we're blowing up the fiscal stability of our great country based on high minded principles that don't translate into the real world of free market capitalism. This guy is an evolutionary dead end. Time to defang him in Nov. and vote his sorry ace out in 2012. All we have to have is a candidate who is worth voting for on the Republican side. I don't see that person yet. Scary times boys and girls.

Yep.

TalkTalkTalkTalkTalkTalkTalkTalkTalkTalkTalkTalkTalkTalkTalkTalkTalkTalkTalkTalkTalkTalkTalkTalkTalk TalkTalkTalkTalkTalkTalkTalkTalkTalkTalkTalkTalkTalkTalkTalkTalkTalkTalkTalkTalkTalkTalkTalkTalkTalk TalkTalkTalkTalkTalkTalkTalkTalkTalkTalkTalkTalkTalkTalkTalkTalkTalkTalkTalkTalkTalkTalkTalkTalkTalk TalkTalkTalkTalkTalkTalkTalkTalkTalkTalkTalkTalkTalkTalkTalkTalkTalkTalkTalkTalkTalk

HonestChieffan
09-08-2010, 06:06 PM
Obama gave a great speech today. Full of sound and righteous fury. Hell, It was full of personality. But In the end it was just a speech and no speech will change the fact that after a year and a half of Obama being in office with huge Dem. majorities and huge amounts of Govt. spending the economy is still sick. He just doesn't get it. Freeze taxes and cut spending are what will stimulate the private sector but Obama doesn't believe in the private sector. He only sees the glorious beauty of the state. He's a communtiy organizer who was given the reigns of Govt. and a blank check. Now we've stimulated ourselves into to 9.6 percent unemployment and we're blowing up the fiscal stability of our great country based on high minded principles that don't translate into the real world of free market capitalism. This guy is an evolutionary dead end. Time to defang him in Nov. and vote his sorry ace out in 2012. All we have to have is a candidate who is worth voting for on the Republican side. I don't see that person yet. Scary times boys and girls.

8 times he mentioned Boehner and lost count how many times he blamed the past administration....

This is how most people feel about this tired old crap from Obama....

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_5PNRZXt-PkI/TGCNqszd7zI/AAAAAAAAAIM/S9Sus9ahsXE/s1600/SOY42-640x412.jpg

The Mad Crapper
09-08-2010, 07:39 PM
I like how scumbags like kOZ, Bunyon and BRC just slinked on out of here after doing every nefarious thing they could to get their Moonbat Messiah elected.

LMAO

alanm
09-08-2010, 08:19 PM
I've a feeling it's going to be a beat down of biblical proportions. :)

BigMeatballDave
09-08-2010, 08:43 PM
I voted for Obama. I voted for Bush twice. I'll never vote Democrat again unless, God forbid, Sara Palin gets the GOP nod. The only way I would consider voting republican again is if Ron Paul wins the nomination. Otherwise, I'll likely vote Libertarian or another 3rd party from here on out.

Direckshun
09-08-2010, 08:45 PM
I voted for Obama. I voted for Bush twice. I'll never vote Democrat again unless, God forbid, Sara Palin gets the GOP nod. The only way I would consider voting republican again is if Ron Paul wins the nomination. Otherwise, I'll likely vote Libertarian or another 3rd party from here on out.

Prepare for nobody to give a shit about you ever again.

petegz28
09-08-2010, 10:38 PM
Prepare for nobody to give a shit about you ever again.

As if they give a shit now? We all know that regardless of the outcome of this upcoming election, come Nov. 3rd the campaigning and pandering will renew its cycle.

BIG_DADDY
09-08-2010, 11:14 PM
The Obmanation that is the Democratic party deserves to not only lose their jobs but their pensions as well considering how fiscally irresponsible they have been. That being said I in no way want the Republicans running unchecked.

Chiefshrink
09-08-2010, 11:24 PM

Too bad you bought into the Alinskyizing of Palin:rolleyes:

BIG_DADDY
09-08-2010, 11:41 PM
Obama gave a great speech today. Full of sound and righteous fury. Hell, It was full of personality. But In the end it was just a speech and no speech will change the fact that after a year and a half of Obama being in office with huge Dem. majorities and huge amounts of Govt. spending the economy is still sick. He just doesn't get it. Freeze taxes and cut spending are what will stimulate the private sector but Obama doesn't believe in the private sector. He only sees the glorious beauty of the state. He's a communtiy organizer who was given the reigns of Govt. and a blank check. Now we've stimulated ourselves into 9.6 percent unemployment and we're blowing up the fiscal stability of our great country based on high minded principles that don't translate into the real world of free market capitalism. This guy is an evolutionary dead end. Time to defang him in Nov. and vote his sorry ace out in 2012. All we have to have is a candidate who is worth voting for on the Republican side. I don't see that person yet. Scary times boys and girls.

Don't worry my friend, the powers that be will give you a soldout candidate that the media will dress up and make look christ like before the election.

BTW, WTF is a chiefaroo? Is that kind of like a scooby snack?

BucEyedPea
09-09-2010, 04:11 AM
Obama gave a great speech today. Full of sound and righteous fury. Hell, It was full of personality. But In the end it was just a speech and no speech will change the fact that after a year and a half of Obama being in office with huge Dem. majorities and huge amounts of Govt. spending the economy is still sick. He just doesn't get it.
That's because he boned up on FDR to handle the situation.....and he's turning it into a depression which just may turn into America's Greatest Depression.

ROYC75
09-09-2010, 09:59 AM
Awh come on man, we all know the ship is on the right track with these guys running our country !

http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:sRmsMxbXMe87EM:http://media.washingtontimes.com/media/img/photos/2009/01/23/ObamaPelosi.jpg

Chief Faithful
09-09-2010, 11:24 AM
For a President that is so inept that his own party is running from him, how is it a good strategy to be blaming everything on Bush when in comparison he is making the former President look good. :shrug: It just seems like a PR fail.

Iowanian
09-09-2010, 11:36 AM
Obama should be a talk show host, not the President of the Most powerful nation on the planet.

Chief Faithful
09-09-2010, 11:37 AM
I've a feeling it's going to be a beat down of biblical proportions. :)

I just hope the Republicans win the Senate so they can stop Obama from filling the federal court system with unqualified elitist academic judges who have never sat on the bench, never decided a constitutional issue, never ruled on a point of law be is criminal, civil or traffic, never impaneled a jury, never even instructed a jury. Judges that are completely out of touch with the real world whose only experience is what was read in a book.

In case anyone is confused you have just read the under qualifications of our most recently appointed Supreme Court Justice, Elena Kagan.

BucEyedPea
09-09-2010, 12:21 PM
Two Years of Gridlock is what I'm hoping for. That's as good as it's gonna get.

fan4ever
09-09-2010, 12:37 PM
Obama should be a talk show host, not the President of the Most powerful nation on the planet.

Qualifications?

HonestChieffan
09-09-2010, 12:39 PM
Qualifications?

Finally someone asks for qualifications.

Brainiac
09-09-2010, 12:57 PM
Two Years of Gridlock is what I'm hoping for. That's as good as it's gonna get.

Amen. Actually that's always what I hope for, no matter which party wins the Presidency.

ROYC75
09-09-2010, 01:06 PM
Amen. Actually that's always what I hope for, no matter which party wins the Presidency.

Seen enough of that before, very little gets done. The good thing,nothing wacky gets away ,BTA we get stuff like, " You have to pass the HC bill to know what's in it " if we have no gridlock.

As long as their are politicians there will always be special interest & crooks.

Taco John
09-09-2010, 01:17 PM
Seen enough of that before, very little gets done.

Which is a good thing...

BucEyedPea
09-09-2010, 02:23 PM
Well it would be nice to see the HC and a few other things repealed. Too bad we couldn't replace those czars. Guess we'll have to wait for the next election cycle.

Iowanian
09-09-2010, 03:05 PM
Qualifications?

His big ears will help him hear the questions from the audience?
He's more qualified to be that than president?

He can read the shit out of teleprompter and pretend to have the answers every day for half an hour.