PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Why are the Chargers that much better?

synthesis2
09-08-2010, 05:58 PM
I know I'm going to get a lot of flack for saying this and I even put money on the under for the chargers and the over on the chiefs because of this but I just don't see where they are that great of a team, especially with the changes.

Comparisons:

QB Chargers - B/B+ (not elite) Chiefs C (average at best)
RB Chargers - B- Chiefs A (may have best in league with combo)
WR Chargers - C+/B- (with holdout) Chiefs C+/B-
Oline Chargers - B Chiefs - B
TE Chargers - A Chiefs - D/C ( still not sure on 3rd round pick)
DL Chargers - B Chiefs - C/C+
LB Chargers - B Chiefs - B
Sec Chargers - C Chiefs - B+
Spec Chargers - B Chiefs - A
coaching Chargers -C Chiefs - B (with new off and def cord)

I guess we will see Monday but I just don't see it with the Chargers this year, besides QB, they are very pedestrian and we are better in several areas.

Pestilence
09-08-2010, 05:59 PM
lol at a B for Philip Rivers.

rambleonthruthefog
09-08-2010, 05:59 PM
QB QB QB QB QB QB QB QB QB QB QB QB QB QB QB QB

Pestilence
09-08-2010, 06:00 PM
QB: Chargers
RB: Chiefs
WR: Chiefs
TE: Chargers
OL: Chargers
DL: Chargers
LB: Chargers
CB/S: Chiefs
K: Chargers
P: Chiefs

JD10367
09-08-2010, 06:01 PM
QB: Chargers
RB: Chiefs
WR: Chiefs
TE: Chargers
OL: Chargers
DL: Chargers
LB: Chargers
CB/S: Chiefs
K: Chargers
P: Chiefs

What's your view on the coaching?

I know Norv's a smart guy and has been around a long tmie, but I find it hard to give that douchenozzle the nod in any sort of coaching match. I mean... it's Norv, fer crissake.

Buck
09-08-2010, 06:02 PM
The only thing that matters in this game is how Gates does against your LBs and Safetys. He has a good game, we win, he doesn't, you win.

the Talking Can
09-08-2010, 06:03 PM
rivers is a B

god bless chiefs fans

Pestilence
09-08-2010, 06:05 PM
The only thing that matters in this game is how Gates does against your LBs and Safetys. He has a good game, we win, he doesn't, you win.

I'm more concerned with Mathews than I am Gates. I have a feeling that Mathews is going to tear us a new one.

Buck
09-08-2010, 06:06 PM
I'm more concerned with Mathews than I am Gates. I have a feeling that Mathews is going to tear us a new one.

I would be more concerned about the Future HOF TE who is still in the prime of his career, who is faster than LBs and stronger that Safeties....but thats just me.

Brock
09-08-2010, 06:06 PM
rivers is a B

god bless chiefs fans

Hilarious, eh?

Pestilence
09-08-2010, 06:07 PM
I would be more concerned about the Future HOF TE who is still in the prime of his career, who is faster than LBs and stronger that Safeties....but thats just me.

Why? The QB who is throwing the ball to him....is only a B.

Buck
09-08-2010, 06:07 PM

YEAH BUT OUR RB IS A B-!

Pestilence
09-08-2010, 06:10 PM

I know Norv's a smart guy and has been around a long tmie, but I find it hard to give that douchenozzle the nod in any sort of coaching match. I mean... it's Norv, fer crissake.

Haley and Norv are both great OCs. Head coaches? Meh.

boogblaster
09-08-2010, 06:10 PM
in most areas bolts are better .. but its at home new coaching and players so we'll just have to see what happens ....

Chocolate Hog
09-08-2010, 06:11 PM
Because the Chargers used to draft good but now AJ Smith for the most part is an idiot.

DaneMcCloud
09-08-2010, 06:13 PM
Haley and Norv are both great OCs. Head coaches? Meh.

I wouldn't call Haley a "great" offensive coordinator. He was the OC in name only in 2007 and while the 2008 Cardinals had a potent offense, he had a HOF QB and WR on that squad (with Whisenhunt looking over his shoulder).

Haley certainly didn't look "great" last year and Norv in his time in the NFL has done a good job with far less talent.

It's hard to dispute Norv's success in Dallas as an OC and in San Diego as a head coach.

Has he won a Super Bowl as a head coach? No. But he certainly isn't near as bad as he's made out to be on Chiefsplanet.

DeezNutz
09-08-2010, 06:13 PM
It's amazing how important that one area in which they're ridiculously better than us is, huh?

And I agree with Dane. Norv gets labeled as a ****ing moron, but that's hardly accurate.

Pestilence
09-08-2010, 06:15 PM
I wouldn't call Haley a "great" offensive coordinator. He was the OC in name only in 2007 and while the 2008 Cardinals had a potent offense, he had a HOF QB and WR on that squad.

He certainly didn't look "great" last year and Norv in his time in the NFL has done a good job with far less talent.

It's hard to dispute Norv's success in Dallas as an OC and in San Diego as a head coach. Has he won a Super Bowl? No. But he certainly isn't near as bad as he's made out to be on Chiefsplanet.

I think Haley has the great OC part in him......he just hasn't shown it in KC so far.

And if you're going to say that Haley had a HOF QB and WR on that squad.....then you also have to mention that Turner had Aikman and Smith on his team.

Detoxing
09-08-2010, 06:16 PM
Simply the QB my friend.

rad
09-08-2010, 06:18 PM

B+ to A minus tops. Why, do you think he should be higher? Rivers is a top 10 QB sure, but not let's fellate the guy.

Pestilence
09-08-2010, 06:20 PM
B+ to A minus tops. Why, do you think he should be higher? Rivers is a top 10 QB sure, but not let's fellate the guy.

:spock:

I would give my left fucking nut to have Rivers as our QB.

Brock
09-08-2010, 06:21 PM

Uh, he's right behind Manning, Brady, Brees, Rodgers.

Detoxing
09-08-2010, 06:22 PM

I would give my left ****ing nut to have Rivers as our QB.

Rivers is the only reason that team is still competing. and for as long as he's there, the Chargers will be in the hunt.

We have better backs. We have better starting Wr's right now, but less depth. Better starting DB's, but less depth. Better pass rushing OLB, but that's it. We lose every where else. except for Punter.

DaneMcCloud
09-08-2010, 06:24 PM
I think Haley has the great OC part in him......he just hasn't shown it in KC so far.

And if you're going to say that Haley had a HOF QB and WR on that squad.....then you also have to mention that Turner had Aikman and Smith on his team.

The difference being that was Haley's ONLY experience as an OC. Norv had some pretty decent offenses with Trent Green and Philip Rivers, not to mention his stint in Miami.

I'm skeptical of one's qualifications based on one single season.

rad
09-08-2010, 06:24 PM

I would give my left ****ing nut to have Rivers as our QB.

OK, that's fine, but you seem to mock the OP's designation of a B/B+......why? I acknowledge he's a good QB, but not left nut good. He's kind of a bitch, and he's not the carry-the-team type.

Von Dumbass
09-08-2010, 06:25 PM
I would rather have Mathews and Sproles than Jones and Charles.

Detoxing
09-08-2010, 06:25 PM
The difference being that was Haley's ONLY experience as an OC. Norv had some pretty decent offenses with Trent Green and Philip Rivers, not to mention his stint in Miami.

I'm skeptical of one's qualifications based on one single season.

He was also the passing game coordinator for Dallas.

DaneMcCloud
09-08-2010, 06:26 PM
Rivers is the only reason that team is still competing. and for as long as he's there, the Chargers will be in the hunt.

We have better backs. We have better starting Wr's right now, but less depth. Better starting DB's, but less depth. Better pass rushing OLB, but that's it. We lose every where else. except for Punter.

I don't buy that KC has better wide receivers. Chambers was dumped by San Diego and Dwayne Bowe, IMO, is starting from scratch. His 2009 was shit and it's yet to be seen whether or not his new found "seriousness" actually translates.

Detoxing

Yeah but you're stupid.

Psyko Tek

I would give my left fucking nut to have Rivers as our QB.

but would you fella.. fell iast

blow him

rad
09-08-2010, 06:27 PM

OK I'll play........why?

Detoxing
09-08-2010, 06:27 PM
I don't buy that KC has better wide receivers. Chambers was dumped by San Diego and Dwayne Bowe, IMO, is starting from scratch. His 2009 was shit and it's yet to be seen whether or not his new found "seriousness" actually translates.

And Malcolm Floyd and Nanee have done what? Both Chambers and Bowe have proven more than either Floyd or Nanee-However the fuck you spell his name.

They're just big. That's it.

Von Dumbass
09-08-2010, 06:32 PM
OK I'll play........why?

Jamaal Charles = speed demon who isn't very good at running in-between the tackles and is a liability in pass pro and has fumbling issues.

Sproles = speed demon who isn't very good at running in-between the tackles but isn't a liability in pass pro and is much better at catching passes and in the return game.

Thomas Jones = Workhorse back who can be trusted to hold onto the ball, run between the tackles, catch passes, and help in pass pro.

Mathews = Most complete back out of all 4 of them. Can run inside or outside, can catch passes, can help in pass pro, and is younger than all of them.

Mecca
09-08-2010, 06:34 PM
Floyd is basically on par with the Chiefs WR's they don't have a 2 though, so Gates basically takes that role. If you factor TE into overall receivers San Diego is slightly better.

For RB this is what I'd say, Jones age plays a part, yet Sproles is just a role player due to size. Matthews has a chance to be the most legit of any of the RB's in the game with his combo of size, speed, etc etc. He can be the most complete back and one of the best in the league.

Charles is the big play guy like Sproles but is more than a role guy...

So I think they're close, San Diego's has potential to be one of the best in the league by the end of the year because they can have a workhorse complimented by speed.

I don't think Thomas Jones blows but I question what he'll do behind this line...I'll give the Chiefs a slight edge going into the game because Charles is proven and Matthews is not. At the end of the year that may look much different.

And for anyone who thinks Rivers is a B you need mental help. Top 5 QB's in the league are A's.

Detoxing
09-08-2010, 06:34 PM
Jamaal Charles = speed demon who isn't very good at running in-between the tackles and is a liability in pass pro and has fumbling issues.

Sproles = speed demon who isn't very good at running in-between the tackles but isn't a liability in pass pro and is much better at catching passes and in the return game.

Thomas Jones = Workhorse back who can be trusted to hold onto the ball, run between the tackles, catch passes, and help in pass pro.

Mathews = Most complete back out of all 4 of them. Can run inside or outside, can catch passes, can help in pass pro, and is younger than all of them.

GTFO.

Charles had no issues running between the tackles all over Denver, did he? And Sproles isn't a pass blocking liability?

Are you seriously trying to say that Sproles is a better back than Charles? ROFL

rad
09-08-2010, 06:35 PM

What the fuck kind of drugs to you abuse?

DaneMcCloud
09-08-2010, 06:35 PM
And Malcolm Floyd and Nanee have done what? Both Chambers and Bowe have proven more than either Floyd or Nanee-However the fuck you spell his name.

They're just big. That's it.

And at age 32, the wheels could fall off at any time, especially since he's now dumped his wife for his stalker (which is why San Diego dumped him last year - he couldn't stay focused).

Detoxing
09-08-2010, 06:37 PM
And at age 32, the wheels could fall off at any time, especially since he's now dumped his wife for his stalker (which is why San Diego dumped him last year - he couldn't stay focused).

True dat. But until the wheels fall off the edge has to go to him over Legadu. And until Floyd shows he can be more than a compliment to Jackson and Gates, I'd have to give the edge to Bowe.

Mecca
09-08-2010, 06:38 PM
True dat. But until the wheels fall off the edge has to go to him over Legadu. And until Floyd shows he can be more than a compliment to Jackson and Gates, I'd have to give the edge to Bowe.

But their QB can actually get them the ball.

Von Dumbass
09-08-2010, 06:39 PM
GTFO.

Charles had no issues running between the tackles all over Denver, did he? And Sproles isn't a pass blocking liability?

Are you seriously trying to say that Sproles is a better back than Charles? ROFL

Jamaal gets his yards off of sweeps and off tackle runs. If he was good between the tackles Thomas Jones would not have been brought in.

Charles isn't a willing blocker, Sproles is. I have seen him sacrifice his body numerous times by cutting a blitzer or DE.

Detoxing
09-08-2010, 06:39 PM
But their QB can actually get them the ball.

What does that have to do with comparing players?

DaneMcCloud
09-08-2010, 06:41 PM

Don't get me wrong, I like Bowe. But he's basically starting over this year. Last year was a disaster. If he can stay clean and get back on his 2007-2008 pace, I'll be thrilled.

But I'll believe it when I see it.

Furthermore, it's difficult to not categorize Gates as a receiver, especially given that he grabs at least 8 TD's each year and 80 plus catches.

Matthews and Gates might be all Rivers needs to terrorize the Chiefs defense.

Mecca
09-08-2010, 06:41 PM
What does that have to do with comparing players?

Your WR is kind of useless if he never gets the ball.

I think the teams overall receiving games are comparable talent wise it's just that when the years over theirs will have much better production.

Detoxing
09-08-2010, 06:42 PM
Jamaal gets his yards off of sweeps and off tackle runs. If he was good between the tackles Thomas Jones would not have been brought in.

Charles isn't a willing blocker, Sproles is. I have seen him sacrifice his body numerous times by cutting a blitzer or DE.

:facepalm:

You need to pay closer attention. I see Sproles every Sunday. Trust me, he is not a blocker. Diving at a DE's feet isn't exactly "willing" to take on a block.

Charles isn't willing? You need to pay attention, son. He may not be very good at it, but he's plenty willing.

DaneMcCloud
09-08-2010, 06:43 PM
What the fuck kind of drugs to you abuse?

If I had my choice today of:

1. Charles and Jones
2. Matthews and Sproles

I'd chose number two, hands down.

Detoxing
09-08-2010, 06:43 PM
Matthews and Gates might be all Rivers needs to terrorize the Chiefs defense.

Pretty much. Im expecting Matthews to run for about 120 and Gates to rip us in the middle. I think the score will be closer than it should be and the Chargers will control the ball.

Detoxing
09-08-2010, 06:45 PM
Your WR is kind of useless if he never gets the ball.

I think the teams overall receiving games are comparable talent wise it's just that when the years over theirs will have much better production.

True dat.

But I think our starting WR's are better talent wise but they have more depth.

DaneMcCloud
09-08-2010, 06:45 PM
Pretty much. Im expecting Matthews to run for about 120 and Gates to rip us in the middle. I think the score will be closer than it should be and the Chargers will control the ball.

I expect Matthews to get at least 170 yards on the ground and another 50 in the air. Gates will probably shred and grab at least one TD.

I don't think the score will even be close.

Detoxing
09-08-2010, 06:47 PM
I expect Matthews to get at least 170 yards on the ground and another 50 in the air. Gates will probably shred and grab at least one TD.

I'm not predicting big numbers or high scores because I think they'll play a slow, effecient ball control style offense.

Half a quarter-quarter long drives, eat the clock and go home.

Mecca
09-08-2010, 06:47 PM
If I had my choice today of:

1. Charles and Jones
2. Matthews and Sproles

I'd chose number two, hands down.

And that's simply because odds are pretty good at the end of the year Matthews is a top 5 back.

SNR
09-08-2010, 06:48 PM
The Chargers have a top 5 QB in the league and are facing a defense that can't force turnovers or put pressure on the QB.

The Chiefs can hope for an implosion of some sort, which is somewhat likely to happen given it's the early season Chargers, but that's about the only way they can win the game. While the Chargers defense isn't special at all, Matt Cassel is hardly the answer to putting this disjointed offense together and scoring a buttload of points (which is what it's going to take to outscore the Chargers).

That's why the Chargers are favored to win.

Mecca
09-08-2010, 06:49 PM
I think the basis is that with this teams front 7, teams with talent are going to move the ball up and down the field.

Buck
09-08-2010, 06:52 PM
Sproles is the worst out of the 4 as far as running the ball is concerned, but he is the best of the 4 as far as Special Teams and Catching the ball go.

rad
09-08-2010, 06:53 PM
Top 5....jeezus. It's probably because he beats us all the time that you guys put him right after Rodgers, Brees, Brady and Manning.

Deberg_1990
09-08-2010, 06:54 PM
34 and 28 TD's back to back seasons.......whens the last time a Chiefs QB had a "B" seasons like that???

rad
09-08-2010, 06:55 PM
34 and 28 TD's back to back seasons.......whens the last time a Chiefs QB had a "B" seasons like that???

LOL......see what I mean?

Mecca
09-08-2010, 06:58 PM
Has nothing to do with the Chiefs, guy is a great player.

It's no different than Chiefs fans who always underrate QB's because we've never had one in most of the people posting here's lifetimes.

Buck
09-08-2010, 06:59 PM
Was John Elway a B QB until he won a SB?

Hog Farmer
09-08-2010, 07:00 PM

Matthews can't make the cuts a good Back needs to be able to make. He's LJ part II. If his line opens holes he'll hit them but if they don't he be average.

Mathews is waaaay overhyped.

Jerm
09-08-2010, 07:00 PM
If Rivers is a "B"...Cassel isn't even on the fucking scale.

FAX
09-08-2010, 07:01 PM
I think the basis is that with this teams front 7, teams with talent are going to move the ball up and down the field.

Underestimate Crennel Power at your own risk, Mr. Mecca.

FAX

rad
09-08-2010, 07:01 PM
Has nothing to do with the Chiefs, guy is a great player.

It's no different than Chiefs fans who always underrate QB's because we've never had one in most of the people posting here's lifetimes.

It does,I believe. Since he's the best QB in the division and we're a QB starved team and we face him twice a year, his status gets a little inflated. Puttin' the Pussy on a pedestal, so to speak....:D

Mecca
09-08-2010, 07:03 PM
I'd love to hear about all these QB's that are better than Phillip Rivers.

rad
09-08-2010, 07:08 PM
I'd love to hear about all these QB's that are better than Phillip Rivers.

Favre is better, but nobody likes him because of his offseason BS every year. Doesn't take away his talent. Schaub is a better QB, as is Romo, even though I don't like him, the dude has talent. I may even take Roethlisberger, too. (eh, probably not; maybe two years ago)

Whatever guys, it's my opinion and probably wrong. This is CP after all

I stand by it regardless.

DrRyan
09-08-2010, 07:10 PM
And that's simply because odds are pretty good at the end of the year Matthews is a top 5 back.

By this rationale you predict/expect that Matthews will be better than 3 of the following: Chris Johnson, AP, Rice, MJD, Gore, Steven Jackson and Turner? Greene, Mendenhall, Charles and Stewart are all possibly better as well.

Doubt it.

Pretty high expectations expecting a rookie to be a top 5 RB before even playing one game.

RedThat
09-08-2010, 07:12 PM
The Chargers are a lot better simply because they have better overall personnel than the Chiefs. Just look up and down their roster and compare you'll see they have better players than ours.

Chiefs Pantalones
09-08-2010, 07:12 PM
We all know the Chargers are better until proven otherwise that's no question. Also, we all know Arrowhead will be rocking Monday night, the players will be pumped, etc. The question is are the Chiefs good enough to ride that energy to a win? We all know if this were last year it wouldn't be possible. They could've been taking acid and Red Bull while the Chargers hit some of that purple drank and the Chargers still would've whooped us. It will be interesting to see Monday night. I'm excited to see if we are good enough to ride that electricity.

Buck
09-08-2010, 07:14 PM
I still think the Chargers will win, and are better, but anything can happen, especially in a loud stadium.

Watch this video if you think otherwise.

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/P2f9QTa9N7c?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/P2f9QTa9N7c?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Chiefs Pantalones
09-08-2010, 07:14 PM
Favre is better, but nobody likes him because of his offseason BS every year. Doesn't take away his talent. Schaub is a better QB, as is Romo, even though I don't like him, the dude has talent. I may even take Roethlisberger, too. (eh, probably not; maybe two years ago)

Whatever guys, it's my opinion and probably wrong. This is CP after all

I stand by it regardless.

I don't think Romo is better than Rivers, neither is Schaub. I'd rather have Rivers than those guys, just me though.

RedThat
09-08-2010, 07:26 PM
I don't think Romo is better than Rivers, neither is Schaub. I'd rather have Rivers than those guys, just me though.

Rivers imo is a top 5 QB in this league.

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-08-2010, 08:13 PM
Simply the QB my friend.

That's the one.

Saccopoo
09-08-2010, 08:18 PM
By this rationale you predict/expect that Matthews will be better than 3 of the following: Chris Johnson, AP, Rice, MJD, Gore, Steven Jackson and Turner? Greene, Mendenhall, Charles and Stewart are all possibly better as well.

Doubt it.

Pretty high expectations expecting a rookie to be a top 5 RB before even playing one game.

Sure, but Matthews was the perfect fit for that team and was an absolute terror in college. Since they've (the Chargers) been offensively schemed for LT, it's a perfect opportunity for Matthews to come in and have the team not miss a beat. RB is probably the easiest position for a rookie to have success with and it's a perfect scenario for both Matthews and the Chargers.

You never know how things end up, but if anyone has a chance to put up huge numbers as a rookie at running back, Matthews is the one I'd bet on.

milkman
09-08-2010, 08:32 PM

I like Matt Shaub, but you're right.

No way in hell Shaub and Romo are better than Rivers.

mcaj22
09-08-2010, 08:35 PM
Because they actually have the players to play a 3-4 and draft base on BPA at a positional need regardless of character issue and more so actual in game athletic talent.

-King-
09-08-2010, 08:42 PM
If he's a B....then is Cassel even in the alphabet?

-King-
09-08-2010, 08:43 PM
Top 5:

Brees
Rodgers
Manning
Brady
Rivers

Buck
09-08-2010, 08:45 PM
Top 5:

Brees
Rodgers
Manning
Brady
Rivers

1. Manning
2. Brees
3. Rivers
4. Rodgers
5. Schaub

Not even being a homer. Brady, pretty much shat it up half the time last year.

Chiefs Pantalones
09-08-2010, 08:45 PM
Rivers imo is a top 5 QB in this league.

I'd agree.

In no particular order, IMO...

Brees
Peyton Manning
Ben "I'll take the rapist for 300 Alex" Roethlisberger
Brady
Rivers
Rodgers 5A

Chiefs Pantalones
09-08-2010, 08:48 PM
Rodgers will enter into the discussion more credibly when he wins a playoff game, IMO. He's top, don't get me wrong, I'm just basing the list with wins added into the equation. There's no doubt he'll be winning playoff games soon, and a bunch.

Von Dumbass
09-08-2010, 08:48 PM
I'd rather have Rodgers than Rivers just because he can make play outside of the pocket and has a stronger arm.

Buck
09-08-2010, 08:50 PM
I'd rather have Rodgers than Rivers just because he can make play outside of the pocket and has a stronger arm.

That's true, but I think Philip Rivers makes up for it with his leadership skills. I think Rodgers will get there soon though.

Chiefs Pantalones
09-08-2010, 08:52 PM

I'd rather have Rivers because he's won playoff games and is more experienced in that aspect. I don't care about arm strength. I care about winning and accuracy. I'm not saying Rodgers isn't accurate, he's probably the most accurate downfield QB in the game, I'm just saying arm strength is overrated when talking about the qualities that you look for in a top QB.

milkman
09-08-2010, 09:05 PM
I'd rather have Rivers because he's won playoff games and is more experienced in that aspect. I don't care about arm strength. I care about winning and accuracy. I'm not saying Rodgers isn't accurate, he's probably the most accurate downfield QB in the game, I'm just saying arm strength is overrated when talking about the qualities that you look for in a top QB.

Right now, all things taken into consideration, I'd take Rogers over any QB in the league.

He's young and getting better.

Chiefs Pantalones
09-08-2010, 09:12 PM
Right now, all things taken into consideration, I'd take Rogers over any QB in the league.

Based on potential, I'd take him. Based on results, I'd take Rivers. Young, still plenty to improve on, already has plenty of big game experience, etc. I'd say it's a win-win either way really. Can't go wrong lol.

Virtua Chief
09-08-2010, 09:12 PM

If I was building a franchise, I might take Stafford first. If I want to win now, Rivers or Rapelisburger.

siberian khatru
09-08-2010, 09:13 PM
All this QB talk makes me cry.

Chiefs Pantalones
09-08-2010, 09:22 PM

No worries, Berry is gonna end Rivers' season, Brady style. That should make us feel better, eh? haha jk jk.

notorious
09-08-2010, 09:26 PM
I just got on Chiefsplanet and this is the first thread I click on......

:facepalm:

Bewbies
09-08-2010, 09:27 PM
If Rivers is a B Cassel has to be what, a T? Is that far enough below F?

siberian khatru
09-08-2010, 09:29 PM
If Rivers is a B Cassel has to be what, a T? Is that far enough below F?

I think as someone said a little while ago, there's not enough letters in the alphabet to account for Cassel.

CUCUMBER
09-08-2010, 09:36 PM
the current chargers team has proven they can compete with most of the league.

the current chiefs team has proven that they belong in the gutter

ROFL @ those ratings.

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-08-2010, 09:38 PM

I share your pain.

keg in kc
09-08-2010, 09:40 PM
I wouldn't call Haley a "great" offensive coordinator. He was the OC in name only in 2007 and while the 2008 Cardinals had a potent offense, he had a HOF QB and WR on that squad (with Whisenhunt looking over his shoulder).

Haley certainly didn't look "great" last year and Norv in his time in the NFL has done a good job with far less talent.Norv was a great coordinator, but I don't think he ever had to coordinate a unit anywhere close to as poor as the one the Chiefs put on the field last year. They were starting guys the week they picked them off the waiver wire. Not to mention Matt Cassel.

That said, I don't think Haley has much on his resume to say he's a great coordinator, but there had to be some reason why his name was coming up for jobs before we'd even hired Pioli. And I think he's showing some signs that he might be a good head coach, although I'll be shocked the day he ever looks comfortable talking to the press.

As for why San Diego is better, I would say it's because they've consistently been the team of the division for 5 or 6 years, while we've swirled the bowl, and the only important piece they've lost there is Tomlinson. We're rebuilding, and they're already built, basically.

I do think, however, this is a great opportunity to take one. They're down a couple of integral starters, and they have a tendency towards slow starts to the season.

Unfortunately we tend to start slowly, too.

milkman
09-08-2010, 09:55 PM

How can you tell?

keg in kc
09-08-2010, 10:04 PM
How can you tell?We start stationary and end crawling.

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-08-2010, 10:05 PM
We start stationary and end crawling.

ROFLROFLROFLROFLROFL

Chiefshrink
09-08-2010, 10:30 PM
Chiefs pull an upset. Chargers are on the decline. No LT,VJ,MM and Norv Turner is "Peter Principled out as an O coord. Chiefs are flying waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay under the radar for most if not all the rest of teams in the NFL. Chiefs schedule is not that tough. I realistically seeing them winning 8 and with a few breaks going our way we could win 10.

Chiefs 24 Chargers 17

Chiefshrink
09-08-2010, 10:38 PM
Norv was a great coordinator, but I don't think he ever had to coordinate a unit anywhere close to as poor as the one the Chiefs put on the field last year. They were starting guys the week they picked them off the waiver wire. Not to mention Matt Cassel.

That said, I don't think Haley has much on his resume to say he's a great coordinator, but there had to be some reason why his name was coming up for jobs before we'd even hired Pioli. And I think he's showing some signs that he might be a good head coach, although I'll be shocked the day he ever looks comfortable talking to the press.

As for why San Diego is better, I would say it's because they've consistently been the team of the division for 5 or 6 years, while we've swirled the bowl, and the only important piece they've lost there is Tomlinson. We're rebuilding, and they're already built, basically.

I do think, however, this is a great opportunity to take one. They're down a couple of integral starters, and they have a tendency towards slow starts to the season.

I agree. Haley put the dot on the i for being a head coach when he got into Boldin's grill. Haley didn't realize how much that 5sec clip did for his coaching career until afterwards I'm sure. NFL fans and GMs especially loved that because our culture of Pro Athletes are Primadonna's and Haley is old school and there are still lines you don't cross as a player. And Pioli and Haley worked together in the Jets org working through some adversity together so they trust each other and that is huge for a GM.

L.A. Chieffan
09-08-2010, 10:54 PM
First of all, our DL and LBs are closer to Ds than Bs.

Second, Mathews is going to absolutely abuse us.

DaneMcCloud
09-08-2010, 10:57 PM
Chiefs lose by 20+

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-08-2010, 11:09 PM
Chiefs lose by 20+

Fuck you in the vagina. :harumph:

Chiefshrink
09-08-2010, 11:10 PM
Chiefs lose by 20+

Are you off your prozac again??????????????? Damn it Dane!:D

keg in kc
09-08-2010, 11:19 PM
Found Dane a new avatar!

http://disney-clipart.com/winnie-the-pooh/eeyore/Eeyore.jpg

LaChapelle
09-08-2010, 11:26 PM
Win the AFC West 3-4 years straight
and still have to deal with blackouts

Chiefs Pantalones
09-08-2010, 11:27 PM
Win the AFC West 3-4 years straight
and still have to deal with blackouts

Buck is pretty much the only Chargers fan. In this world. Seriously.

Buck
09-08-2010, 11:31 PM

Yeah, now wheres my fuckin trophy?

DaneMcCloud
09-08-2010, 11:41 PM

Ever been to the Murph?

Buck
09-08-2010, 11:43 PM
Ever been to the Murph?

That's pointless, I've been saying this for years.

DaneMcCloud
09-08-2010, 11:44 PM
Are you off your prozac again??????????????? Damn it Dane!:D

The Chiefs could barely stay within 30 in last year's games.

Tell me, how will this year be different?

What game changing playmakers have the Chiefs added on the defensive side of the ball that will shut down the Chargers running attack?

Who will stop Gates?

Who will shut down Rivers?

How will the Chiefs score enough points to win?

Succop?

TELL ME.

Chiefs Pantalones
09-08-2010, 11:46 PM

What game changing playmakers have the Chiefs added on the defensive side of the ball that will shut down the Chargers running attack?

Who will stop Gates?

Succop?

TELL ME.

Saccopoo?

Chiefs Pantalones
09-08-2010, 11:47 PM
Ever been to the Murph?

Ever been to South Carolina? It's ok this time of year. Not as crowded being that summer is pretty much over.

DaneMcCloud
09-08-2010, 11:48 PM
Ever been to South Carolina? It's ok this time of year. Not as crowded being that summer is pretty much over.

I've been to Myrtle Beach in June.

Does that count?

Rausch
09-08-2010, 11:50 PM
Chiefs lose by 20+

Chiefs Pantalones
09-08-2010, 11:50 PM
I've been to Myrtle Beach in June.

Does that count?

Oh yes. That's my favorite time to go. It's a ghost town now though being that summer is over. Sad pants.

DaneMcCloud
09-08-2010, 11:57 PM

Tell me ONE thing that will make a difference between losing by 30 or more points.

Don't give me Weis or Crennel. Coaches don't make NEARLY the difference people think it will make.

Hence, Herm to Haley.

Eric Berry can't shut down Matthews and Gates by himself.

McCluster will be lucky if he breaks 50 yards total.

Cassel sucks fucking ass.

The "crowd", in the end, doesn't mean jackshit.

So, what does that leave us with?

Nirvana58
09-08-2010, 11:58 PM

Who will stop Gates?

Succop?

TELL ME.

There is no way in hell Chiefs will lose by 20 to the Chargers on Monday night football. It is the home opener of the new stadium for christ sake. The fans are going to be loud and rowdy. The Chiefs are going to be fired up and ready to hit the Chargers square in the mouth. Nevertheless, you being such the loyal chiefs fan that you are. You have already thrown in the towel before the season has even started. I swear some of you are Chiefs fans for the sole purpose to bitch about the franchise.

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-09-2010, 12:03 AM
There is no way in hell Chiefs will lose by 20 to the Chargers on Monday night football. It is the home opener of the new stadium for christ sake. The fans are going to be loud and rowdy. The Chiefs are going to be fired up and ready to hit the Chargers square in the mouth. Nevertheless, you being such the loyal chiefs fan that you are. You have already thrown in the towel before the season has even started. I swear some of you are Chiefs fans for the sole purpose to bitch about the franchise.

Young and Hungry, bitches. Young and Hungry.

Rausch
09-09-2010, 12:05 AM

Yes, it does.

It always has...

1)Rivers playing sub-par in Arrowhead. Yeah, he plays below average in cow-town.

2)Rookie running back in his first game. This is where the fucking SUPER BOWL WINNING DC COMES IN. Enjoy picking up the blitz from....wait....wtf!

He's there to run in season 1, not block and pick up blitzes. Not only does this make them more predictable but weaker in the passing game.

3) They have huge, lumbering WR's right now. Big guys who're fucking slow as dirt (if Vincent Jackson doesn't play.) Floyd's never been a favorite of Rivers.

4) The defense is not what it was. Ever since Marty left they've ben less and less impressive as the calendar turned.

5) The Norv factor...

Nirvana58
09-09-2010, 12:06 AM
Tell me ONE thing that will make a difference between losing by 30 or more points.

Don't give me Weis or Crennel. Coaches don't make NEARLY the difference people think it will make.

Hence, Herm to Haley.

Cassel sucks ****ing ass.

Tell me how the chargers are going to shut down our running game. We have Charles, Jones, and McCluster to throw at them. They lost J. Williams who was the corner stone of the Chargers defence. Cassel sucks.... but our running game will give him enough time to atleast hit Bowe who can break tackles and run for YAC with the best of them. On the defense we have one decent corner and one that should be a pro bowler. Then Berry who I am extremely exicted about and would put him 1 on 1 with Gates. If our front 7 can slow down the run. We will keep it close and maybe even pull out a win with the crowds help.

thurman merman
09-09-2010, 12:07 AM
Jamaal Charles = speed demon who isn't very good at running in-between the tackles

Maybe you should talk to Denver's front 7 about that. I'm sure they'd disagree.

Nirvana58
09-09-2010, 12:16 AM
Young and Hungry, bitches. Young and Hungry.

Hell yeah. The team and Chiefs fans. Im going to Monday Night and can't wait. I can't even remember the last time I was this excited about a Chiefs game. If the chiefs can keep it close it is going to get very loud in Arrowhead.

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-09-2010, 12:30 AM
Hell yeah. The team and Chiefs fans. Im going to Monday Night and can't wait. I can't even remember the last time I was this excited about a Chiefs game. If the chiefs can keep it close it is going to get very loud in Arrowhead.

If the stadium is live and Romeo dials a monster game, we are GOING to win this motherfucker. Period.*

*Homervision = ENGAGED.:D

Rudy lost the toss
09-09-2010, 01:08 AM

I'll set the total yardage from scrimmage at 200 and put however much money on it if I'm taking lower

Tuckdaddy
09-09-2010, 08:57 AM
If the stadium is live and Romeo dials a monster game, we are GOING to win this mother****er. Period.*

*Homervision = ENGAGED.:D

DAMN RIGHT! Romey is the x factor. Intensity will be huge as we are out manned at most positions.

Tuckdaddy
09-09-2010, 09:04 AM

Bullshit! 220 yards. Are you fucking high? Not a chance he gets that many yards.

Brock
09-09-2010, 09:23 AM
Bullshit! 220 yards. Are you fucking high? Not a chance he gets that many yards.

Jerome Harrison agrees with you.

Marcellus
09-09-2010, 10:07 AM
Bullshit! 220 yards. Are you ****ing high? Not a chance he gets that many yards.

Go back and look up Dane's prediction for the first Oakland game last year. He said they would run it all over us and it wouldn't be close.

We lost but they didn't run the ball well (67 yards) and it was very close.

I am actually glad he is making this prediction.

Marcellus
09-09-2010, 10:08 AM
Jerome Harrison agrees with you.

Yes, lets predict every game to be that way.

Brock
09-09-2010, 10:09 AM
Yes, lets predict every game to be that way.

No, let's scoff at the possibility that a talented RB could run for lots of yards. It'll never happen!

Marcellus
09-09-2010, 10:12 AM
No, let's scoff at the possibility that a talented RB could run for lots of yards. It'll never happen!

170 by a rookie in his first game? Yea I will scoff at that. If I am wrong I am wrong but hey, I find that a bit exaggerated.

I know our weakness will likely be run defense but I am also not a person who constantly looks at everything as worse case scenario.

Give it a couple weeks and maybe I will.

-King-
09-09-2010, 10:12 AM
A rookie running for 220 in his first game...um...not happening.

FAX
09-09-2010, 10:14 AM
I expect Matthews to fumble twice. I expect pressure on Rivers. I expect our run game to dominate. Then, I expect our asses will be handed to us.

FAX

-King-
09-09-2010, 10:15 AM
So only 1 back had over 150 on us...yet Mathews is going to have 170 in his first game? Yeah... Dane must have gotten into Lindsay Lohans stash.

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-09-2010, 10:19 AM
With the exception of Shat Cassholi, my Homervision is now on until the finale of MNF. I want this win, and my spirit shall not be trampled upon by YOU, Four Horsemen! :p

L.A. Chieffan
09-09-2010, 10:20 AM
This is the one time of the year that fans of every team can look at the standings and say, "Hey, we're in first place." Screw it, I have the rest of 55 weeks to talk shit. GO CHIEFS!

(Mathews is still going to abuse us)

Chiefnj2
09-09-2010, 10:21 AM

Hence, Herm to Haley.

$10,000 casino cash bet that Matthews rushes for less than 100 yards.

$10,000 casino cash bet that McCluster has over 50 total yards.

Interested?

Gadzooks
09-09-2010, 10:23 AM
Our Punter's better than your Punter.:p
We won't need him though

L.A. Chieffan
09-09-2010, 10:25 AM
Ill take that bet on Mathews. But let's make it interesting and go all in.

10k? I lose more than that running for the bus...

Blick
09-09-2010, 10:26 AM
Yeah, Matthews isn't going for 170...120-130 would be a reasonable guess while still gashing us. San Diego went for only 35 yards more than 170 in BOTH games combined last year.

Dayze
09-09-2010, 10:34 AM
I expect Matthews to fumble twice. I expect pressure on Rivers. I expect our run game to dominate. Then, I expect our asses will be handed to us.

FAX

ROFL

OnTheWarpath58
09-09-2010, 11:35 AM
Holy shitballs, how did I miss this thread?

Phil Rivers is a "B" and Cassel is a "C"?

Jesus tapdancing Christ, kids must be eating paint chips like Skittles up there.

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-09-2010, 02:43 PM
Holy shitballs, how did I miss this thread?

Phil Rivers is a "B" and Cassel is a "C"?

Jesus tapdancing Christ, kids must be eating paint chips like Skittles up there.

ROFL

Kyle DeLexus
09-09-2010, 02:50 PM
$10,000 casino cash bet that Matthews rushes for less than 100 yards.

$10,000 casino cash bet that McCluster has over 50 total yards.

Interested?

I'll take the Mathews one for however much you want.

DaneMcCloud
09-09-2010, 02:52 PM
Tell me how the chargers are going to shut down our running game. We have Charles, Jones, and McCluster to throw at them. They lost J. Williams who was the corner stone of the Chargers defence. Cassel sucks.... but our running game will give him enough time to atleast hit Bowe who can break tackles and run for YAC with the best of them. On the defense we have one decent corner and one that should be a pro bowler. Then Berry who I am extremely exicted about and would put him 1 on 1 with Gates. If our front 7 can slow down the run. We will keep it close and maybe even pull out a win with the crowds help.

Keep smokin' that crack

DaneMcCloud
09-09-2010, 02:54 PM
Go back and look up Dane's prediction for the first Oakland game last year. He said they would run it all over us and it wouldn't be close.

We lost but they didn't run the ball well (67 yards) and it was very close.

I am actually glad he is making this prediction.

That's because they're fucking dumb.

Any coach that doesn't run the ball repeatedly and with aggression towards the Chiefs defense is stubborn and dumb.

Seriously.

Buck
09-09-2010, 02:56 PM
Here's my honest opinion.

No offense to your team, but the Chargers are clearly better. Especially when it comes to the Chargers offense vs. the Chiefs Defense. If you decide to play heavy pass coverage to stop rivers, we can run all over you. Mathews is no joke. I backed LT that whole time just because I hadn't followed any other RB for 8 years, and I didn't know any better, but watching Mathews play, I realized that he has the strength and speed to regularly run more than 3 yards per carry.

If you try to stack the box, Rivers will shred.

Its a pick your poison deal.

I also think our defense is better than your offense, but its not as pronounced.

Also this has been a fun thread to read.

HC_Chief
09-09-2010, 03:01 PM
"Why are the Chargers that much better?"

Personnel.

Short Leash Hootie
09-09-2010, 03:02 PM
Who is smarter?

Dane?

OR

Vegas?

Is Dane smarter than Vegas?

How does that saying go?

Vegas never loses?

Something like that...?

(Here's a little gambling lesson for you folks)

Spread opens up at KC +5.5...

90% of the money is put on San Diego.

So...what usually happens? If Vegas wants to even out the money (to make sure they...DON'T LOSE)...they'll move the line...such a dramatic % of money...means they'd probably move the line to something like KC +7.5...to try and entice some action on the Chiefs.

What do they do?

THEY LOWER THE LINE TO KC +4.5 TO ENTICE FURTHER ACTION ON SAN DIEGO!!!

So what does that say to you?

Vegas WANTS action, and they want the PEOPLE to put $$$ on San Diego.

Meaning Vegas is taking KC +4.5...and they are SURE of it.

Now...

Is that to say Vegas doesn't get some wrong?

Hell no...they got crushed last year for the first quarter of the season...

but in the long run, Vegas NEVER loses...

and they lose by winning these bets.

You know they ban people from sports books in Vegas who bet line moves like this?

A PROFESSIONAL GAMBLER WILL PUT A HEALTHY BET ON THE CHIEFS SPREAD...for sure. The sharps will put several units on the Chiefs on Monday.

DaneMcCloud
09-09-2010, 03:02 PM
Also this has been a fun thread to read.

I'm sure it's fun for you to read because apparently, more than 90% of Chiefs fans don't realize their teams fucking sucks ass.

4-12, 2-12, 4-12 mean nothing.

LMAO

The Chiefs have not made significant personnel changes to their defense from last year, the same defense that was ranked #30th in total yards and 29th in total scoring.

Eric Berry is not superman, nor can he single-handedly cover Gates and Matthews.

Many Chiefs fans are in for a HUGE shock come Monday night.

Buck
09-09-2010, 03:03 PM
Who is smarter?

Dane?

OR

Vegas?

Is Dane smarter than Vegas?

How does that saying go?

Vegas never loses?

Something like that...?

(Here's a little gambling lesson for you folks)

Spread opens up at KC +5.5...

90% of the money is put on San Diego.

So...what usually happens? If Vegas wants to even out the money (to make sure they...DON'T LOSE)...they'll move the line...such a dramatic % of money...means they'd probably move the line to something like KC +7.5...to try and entice some action on the Chiefs.

What do they do?

THEY LOWER THE LINE TO KC +4.5 TO ENTICE FURTHER ACTION ON SAN DIEGO!!!

So what does that say to you?

Vegas WANTS action, and they want the PEOPLE to put $$$ on San Diego.

Meaning Vegas is taking KC +4.5...and they are SURE of it.

Now...

Is that to say Vegas doesn't get some wrong?

Hell no...they got crushed last year for the first quarter of the season...

but in the long run, Vegas NEVER loses...

and they lose by winning these bets.

You know they ban people from sports books in Vegas who bet line moves like this?

A PROFESSIONAL GAMBLER WILL PUT A HEALTHY BET ON THE CHIEFS SPREAD...for sure. The sharps will put several units on the Chiefs on Monday.

How do you know 90% of the money was put on the Chargers?

Short Leash Hootie
09-09-2010, 03:05 PM
Reasons why the Chiefs will pull an upset:

1.) It's a division game.
2.) The Chiefs ground game will control the tempo of the game.
3.) It's Monday Night Football...and it's kickoff weekend. The stands will be full and the crowd will be pumped. If we have home field advantage ONE TIME this season...this will be the week.
4.) We've improved, they've regressed.

I know Rivers can kill us with the pass...I do. If we lose, it will be because Philip Rivers beat us. That's my opinion.

However...I think Charles/McCluster and Thomas Jones will pound the shit out of the ball...I think we will win the T.O.P. and I think our defense will play good enough to get the job done.

I think the Chiefs win 24-20 and I think we'll be on our way to an up and down, 7-9 or 8-8 season.

Buck
09-09-2010, 03:07 PM

3.) It's Monday Night Football...and it's kickoff weekend. The stands will be full and the crowd will be pumped. If we have home field advantage ONE TIME this season...this will be the week.

I know Rivers can kill us with the pass...I do. If we lose, it will be because Philip Rivers beat us. That's my opinion.

However...I think Charles/McCluster and Thomas Jones will pound the shit out of the ball...I think we will win the T.O.P. and I think our defense will play good enough to get the job done.

I think the Chiefs win 24-20 and I think we'll be on our way to an up and down, 7-9 or 8-8 season.

You know its a division game for the Chagers as well right?

Its also week 1 for them too, I'm sure they will be pumped.

Short Leash Hootie
09-09-2010, 03:08 PM
How do you know 90% of the money was put on the Chargers?

Several reasons:

1) I lived with a bookie/professional gambler in Chicago for a year and a half...he taught me how to bet line moves successfully.

2) I have a website that shows me where the $$$ is being bet.

http://www.sports.com/sportsbook/liveodds.php

That's one for example...

91% of the money is still on San Diego (-4.5)...

The public was on them when they were (-5.5)...HEAVILY

and Vegas moved it down.

anyone with a betting background and a bankroll would put HEAVY money on KC to cover...

ThaVirus
09-09-2010, 03:09 PM
1. Manning
2. Brees
3. Rodgers
4. Rivers
5. Roethlisberger

Anyone who has a different opinion is wrong.

Short Leash Hootie
09-09-2010, 03:11 PM
You know its a division game for the Chagers as well right?

Its also week 1 for them too, I'm sure they will be pumped.

you've never been to Arrowhead when the fan base is pumped up...

This is going to be a heavy home field advantage...

yes they have Rivers...that is their X factor...

but they lack experience at WR and OL...

and their defense simply doesn't scare me...

I think San Diego will win the division, sure...

but this is a great set up for the Chiefs...they get one of their toughest division games at home on MNF to start the season...

this will be like the great Arrowhead of the 90s back when DT and Neil Smith were rocking the joint...

That's huge and Vegas knows it.

Amnorix
09-09-2010, 03:12 PM
Several reasons:

1) I lived with a bookie/professional gambler in Chicago for a year and a half...he taught me how to bet line moves successfully.

2) I have a website that shows me where the $$$ is being bet.

http://www.sports.com/sportsbook/liveodds.php

That's one for example...

91% of the money is still on San Diego (-4.5)...

The public was on them when they were (-5.5)...HEAVILY

and Vegas moved it down.

anyone with a betting background and a bankroll would put HEAVY money on KC to cover...

They were getting 90% action on SD and moved the line DOWN? Why, to get to 95%? That doesn't make any sense.

L.A. Chieffan
09-09-2010, 03:15 PM
They were getting 90% action on SD and moved the line DOWN? Why, to get to 95%? That doesn't make any sense.

Apparently Vegas knows something we don't.

Maybe Rivers knocked up his mistress.

DaneMcCloud
09-09-2010, 03:15 PM

this will be like the great Arrowhead of the 90s back when DT and Neil Smith were rocking the joint...

Dude, the Chiefs have won exactly FOUR home games out of the past 48 games, two of those coming in 2007.

The crowd will be completely out of it by the fourth quarter, if not earlier.

Deberg_1990
09-09-2010, 03:17 PM
1. Manning
2. Brees
3. Rodgers
4. Rivers
5. Roethlisberger

Well, Roeth should be swapped with Rivers since he has 2 titles and Brady needs to be in there. But other than that, yes..

L.A. Chieffan
09-09-2010, 03:17 PM
Actually i think Vegas is betting heavily on the Norv element. The guy chokes harder than his kicker in big games.

Amnorix
09-09-2010, 03:18 PM
1. Manning
2. Brees
3. Rodgers
4. Rivers
5. Roethlisberger

Pardon me, but Tom Brady and his three shiny rings would like to have a word with you...

Buck
09-09-2010, 03:21 PM

but this is a great set up for the Chiefs...they get one of their toughest division games at home on MNF to start the season...

I've been to Invesco field when the Crowd was louder than anything I've ever heard, during a week 11 game where 1st place was up for grabs, and the Chargers beat a team that is better than the Chiefs by 29 points.

Short Leash Hootie
09-09-2010, 03:22 PM

No, no, no, no!

Come on dude...

They lowered it to further entice action...

As in...90% of the money was on San Diego at -5.5...

But that doesn't mean a lot of money was being bet...

Vegas lowered it to make it an even more attractive game to put money on...

5.5 to 4.5 isn't a SIGNIFCANT point in the NFL...

The wouldn't have moved it from 6.5 to 5.5...or 3.5 to 2.5...

I'm betting they think it will be a 3 or 4 point game...either way...so lowering it a point from 5.5 to 4.5 in a sport where 3, 6, 7, and 10 points are common finals (like 20-17)...just entices more action on something they consider a lock.

It catches the eyes of the public...

they see San Diego (-4.5) against those shitty Chiefs and are like "hell yeah, that's a lock!" and they bet it...

and Vegas wants that because they are sold on the Chiefs and the cover...

it's why the public LOSES a shit ton of money every year...

Vegas doesn't lose.

L.A. Chieffan
09-09-2010, 03:22 PM
I've been to Invesco field when the Crowd was louder than anything I've ever heard, during a week 11 game where 1st place was up for grabs, and the Chargers beat a team that is better than the Chiefs by 29 points.

Where's that Kaeding gif?

suds79
09-09-2010, 03:23 PM
Why are the Chargers that much better?

Easy. There's a huge difference between QBs.

Ours is sorry. Theirs is one of the best in the game.

If they were even close I could see giving the advantage to the Chiefs.

QB and the fact that our run D is pretty bad.

Doesn't mean we can't win Monday night though. The better team doesn't always win in a single game.

Short Leash Hootie
09-09-2010, 03:23 PM

Please.

Either way...

I like Mathews but he's a rookie...

Rivers and Gates are great...

But they are inexperienced everywhere else and their defense doesn't put one blister of fear into me...

I'm sorry bro...I have a different opinion...

I think it will be a 3 or 4 point game...either way. Whoever gets that one bounce.

And that's what Vegas thinks, too...

so at least I have LAS FREAKING VEGAS on my side...

Short Leash Hootie
09-09-2010, 03:24 PM
Here are my QB rankings by the way:

1. Manning
2. Brady
3. Brees
4. Rivers
5. Rodgers
6. Romo
7. Roethlisberger
8. McNabb

(has nothing to do with fantasy)

Buck
09-09-2010, 03:25 PM
Please.

Either way...

I like Mathews but he's a rookie...

Rivers and Gates are great...

But they are inexperienced everywhere else and their defense doesn't put one blister of fear into me...

I'm sorry bro...I have a different opinion...

I think it will be a 3 or 4 point game...either way. Whoever gets that one bounce.

And that's what Vegas thinks, too...

so at least I have LAS FREAKING VEGAS on my side...

You also have Castle on your side, so, whatever.

Amnorix
09-09-2010, 03:26 PM
Where's that Kaeding gif?

Hey, let him have his moment of glory. After all, the AFC West is all the Chargers have ever won....

oh, they did win the AFC that one year. But best not to mention it -- just thinking about that SB beat down is really depressing for them.

Brock
09-09-2010, 03:26 PM

Either that or the boos will be deafening.

Buck
09-09-2010, 03:27 PM
Hey, let him have his moment of glory. After all, the AFC West is all the Chargers have ever won....

oh, they did win the AFC that one year. But best not to mention it -- just thinking about that SB beat down is really depressing for them.

Fuck off.

I fucking hate you fucking Boston pieces of shit. You win a few championships finally after never having won any and you turn into the fucking Reaper16 of the NFL.

Short Leash Hootie
09-09-2010, 03:27 PM
You also have Castle on your side, so, whatever.

Castle and Castille!

but anyways...

Rivers is the X factor...if he plays amazingly (which I could surely see)...we lose.

If the Chiefs control the clock and Charles/McCluster and Jones open up the play-action game...

I could certainly see the Chiefs being the talk of the town after MNF...

I don't expect a miracle...but I do expect a 7 win team, minimum this year...with not much of a higher ceiling...

The pessimism of the drafturbators is to be expected...they see no improvement and that is laughable to say the least...

DaneMcCloud
09-09-2010, 03:28 PM
Castle and Castille!

but anyways...

Rivers is the X factor...if he plays amazingly (which I could surely see)...we lose.

If the Chiefs control the clock and Charles/McCluster and Jones open up the play-action game...

I could certainly see the Chiefs being the talk of the town after MNF...

I don't expect a miracle...but I do expect a 7 win team, minimum this year...with not much of a higher ceiling...

The pessimism of the drafturbators is to be expected...they see no improvement and that is laughable to say the least...

Play action? LMAO

Yeah, Cassel throwing three yard outs in play action will make ALL the difference.

You're funny, Dude.

Short Leash Hootie
09-09-2010, 03:28 PM
**** off.

I ****ing hate you ****ing Boston pieces of shit. You win a few championships finally after never having won any and you turn into the ****ing Reaper16 of the NFL.

This we can agree on!

I hate Boston more than I hate New York now and I never thought that would be possible...

DaneMcCloud
09-09-2010, 03:30 PM

Illustrate the improvement on defense for us, then, illustrate the improvement on offense.

Then show us how those improvements will help the Chiefs to overcome the 30 point losses suffered at the hands of the Chargers last year.

Convince me.

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-09-2010, 03:30 PM
We're winning this fucking game. End of discussion.

Short Leash Hootie
09-09-2010, 03:31 PM
Play action? LMAO

Yeah, Cassel throwing three yard outs in play action will make ALL the difference.

You're funny, Dude.

Ok...whatever man.

We'll see on Monday Night.

I just laid out the facts for how ignorant your 20+ bullshit was...

I'll side with Vegas...you can side with your drafturbator buddies who take Bruce Campbell in the 1st round...

Amnorix
09-09-2010, 03:32 PM
Fuck off.

I fucking hate you fucking Boston pieces of shit. You win a few championships finally after never having won any and you turn into the fucking Reaper16 of the NFL.

A few? A few? Dude, we cleaned up. I was going broke buying all the Championship hats and T-shirts and stuff.

:fire:

Short Leash Hootie
09-09-2010, 03:32 PM
Illustrate the improvement on defense for us, then, illustrate the improvement on offense.

Then show us how those improvements will help the Chiefs to overcome the 30 point losses suffered at the hands of the Chargers last year.

Convince me.

Nah, I don't feel like doing the merry-go-round debate right now...

Vegas is siding with the Chiefs (to at least cover)...meaning it's going to be a good game.

I laid out all of those facts for you...

Now I'm just ready to see some real game action on Monday night and I'm not going to let you morons ruin that for me like you ruin every other Chiefs discussion on this board.

Amnorix
09-09-2010, 03:34 PM
This we can agree on!

I hate Boston more than I hate New York now and I never thought that would be possible...

Sorry, Chiefs fans are just collateral damage for me taking shots at Buck.

What you hate are teams/cities that win championships other than your own. Oh, and that the Pats owned Peyton's ass for the first half of his career. Don't be bitter. Or be bitter, I don't care. I'll just throw in a tape of us winning the SB, or kicking the Colts and/or Chargers' ass in the playoffs, repeatedly, to comfort myself.

:evil:

Short Leash Hootie
Congrats Amnorix...

I envy those roided up World Series and Spygate Super Bowls!

Awesome job, brah!

Your World Series hero was in the Mitchell Report and your Super Bowls were brought to you via cheating!

TAINTED LOVE

Tuckdaddy
We're winning this ****ing game. End of discussion.

YEAH, THAT'S RIGHT! TEAM AMERICA BERRY! FUCK YA!

Kyle DeLexus
09-09-2010, 03:35 PM
1. Manning
2. Brees
3. Rodgers
4. Rivers
5. Roethlisberger

Wait so Tom Brady isn't a top 5 QB anymore?

Short Leash Hootie
09-09-2010, 03:36 PM
Sorry, Chiefs fans are just collateral damage for me taking shots at Buck.

What you hate are teams/cities that win championships other than your own. Oh, and that the Pats owned Peyton's ass for the first half of his career. Don't be bitter. Or be bitter, I don't care. I'll just throw in a tape of us winning the SB, or kicking the Colts and/or Chargers' ass in the playoffs, repeatedly, to comfort myself.

:evil:

I wish the Pats had the #1 pick when Peyton was coming out...

They'd probably have 12 straight Super Bowls right now...

Too bad Peyton got stuck with Dungy...

Could you imagine Peyton KNOWING WHAT THE DEFENSE WAS GOING TO DO before snapping the ball during Brady's spygate era?!?!?

I mean, he's already pretty good at predicting...but just imagine if he KNEW FOR SURE...

man the dude would put up a perfect QB rating for an entire season!

DaneMcCloud
Ok...whatever man.

We'll see on Monday Night.

I just laid out the facts for how ignorant your 20+ bullshit was...

I'll side with Vegas...you can side with your drafturbator buddies who take Bruce Campbell in the 1st round...

Yeah, that worked out well last year, right?

:shake:

Pants

Vegas is siding with the Chiefs (to at least cover)...meaning it's going to be a good game.

Now I'm just ready to see some real game action on Monday night and I'm not going to let you morons ruin that for me like you ruin every other Chiefs discussion on this board.

Vegas, just like everyone else, doesn't know shit the first 2 or 3 weeks. Not saying we won't win or stay close, but Vegas is a silly argument at this point.

Amnorix
Congrats Amnorix...

I envy those roided up World Series and Spygate Super Bowls!

Awesome job, brah!

Your World Series hero was in the Mitchell Report and your Super Bowls were brought to you via cheating!

TAINTED LOVE

All of MLB was tainted, which is sad. Frankly, I'm not much of a baseball fan. I was mostly glad to stop hearing "86 years" and Curse of the Babe and all that silly crap.

SpyGate -- give me a break. But whatever gives you comfort in your hours of nursing your bitterness...

Amnorix
09-09-2010, 03:38 PM
I wish the Pats had the #1 pick when Peyton was coming out...

They'd probably have 12 straight Super Bowls right now...

Too bad Peyton got stuck with Dungy...

Could you imagine Peyton KNOWING WHAT THE DEFENSE WAS GOING TO DO before snapping the ball during Brady's spygate era?!?!?

I mean, he's already pretty good at predicting...but just imagine if he KNEW FOR SURE...

man the dude would put up a perfect QB rating for an entire season!

:rolleyes:

Doesn't it disturb you that you fellate him so very thoroughly? I mean, it's one thing to thinkg someone is good, but to drop trou as fast as you do for a guy isn't really anything I want to witness...

DaneMcCloud

LMAO

This is an AWESOME post!

LMAO

I'm absolutely certain that I, me personally, haven't ruined a fucking game for you, EVER.

Am *I* responsible for the Chiefs poor drafts this decade? Did *I* choose shit coordinators and coaches? Am *I* the person responsible for going 4-12, 2-14 and 4-12?

Am I?

Chocolate Hog

This is easily the most idiotic post of the year.

Short Leash Hootie
Yeah, that worked out well last year, right?

:shake:

last year was different and you're a damned fool to say otherwise

Short Leash Hootie
09-09-2010, 03:40 PM
:rolleyes:

Doesn't it disturb you that you fellate him so very thoroughly? I mean, it's one thing to thinkg someone is good, but to drop trou as fast as you do for a guy isn't really anything I want to witness...

It's like how some old-timers envy Willie Mays...

or Joe Namath...

or Johnny Unitas...

We're witnessing a once in a lifetime QB and I'll be damned if I don't soak it in as it's happening...someday I'll be able to tell my grandkids I got to watch Peyton Manning every week for his entire career.

Short Leash Hootie
This is easily the most idiotic post of the year.

yeah, well...at least I wasn't raised in a house with wheels.

Buck
THE WHOLE MLB WAS ROIDING WICKED HAARD, DUDE!

DONT EVEN ACT LIKE EVERY COACH WASNT FILMING THE OTHER SIDELINE. TOM TERRIFIC WON ALL THOSE GAMES FOR US FAIR AND SQUARE.

DaneMcCloud
09-09-2010, 03:42 PM
last year was different and you're a damned fool to say otherwise

Really? How so?

New QB? Nope.

New pass rushing beast? Nope.

Run stuffing NT? Nope.

4-12, Hootie, 4-12. Just like last year.

Amnorix
09-09-2010, 03:44 PM
It's like how some old-timers envy Willie Mays...

or Joe Namath...

or Johnny Unitas...

We're witnessing a once in a lifetime QB and I'll be damned if I don't soak it in as it's happening...someday I'll be able to tell my grandkids I got to watch Peyton Manning every week for his entire career.

Dude, pull your pants up. It's disturbing.

Chocolate Hog
Really? How so?

New QB? Nope.

Run stuffing NT? Nope.

6-10 with that schedule.

Chiefs keep it within 10 if they don't turn the ball over. Fans come on after the game and tell us how the team is improved.

Sweet Daddy Hate
THE WHOLE MLB WAS ROIDING WICKED HAARD, DUDE!

DONT EVEN ACT LIKE EVERY COACH WASNT FILMING THE OTHER SIDELINE. TOM TERRIFIC WON ALL THOSE GAMES FOR US FAIR AND SQUARE.

ROFL

And please note the awesome post-"Oops; busted"!-success those chowder-eating fuckheads have enjoyed since!

"But-but...they compete every year"!

Yeah, well, send Martyocrity a thank you note, 'kay?

Short Leash Hootie
09-09-2010, 03:45 PM
Really? How so?

New QB? Nope.

Run stuffing NT? Nope.

Another year for our young team to mature...

Everyone knows their role now, or knows it better.

Everyone is more familiar with the offense.

Better players...

More experience...

Easier schedule...

But hey...

We will see.

I'm tired of arguing...

I'm just looking forward to the season...I am an optimist and I don't have to apologize to anyone for that.

Short Leash Hootie
09-09-2010, 03:46 PM
Dude, pull your pants up. It's disturbing.

Well I'm glad Boston fans at least finally realize Peyton > Brady...

It used to be very annoying having them try and say otherwise...

Of course I've known the truth since 2003...

Amnorix
09-09-2010, 03:46 PM
Really? How so?

New QB? Nope.

Run stuffing NT? Nope.

Even without that stuff they shoudl NOT be 4-12. They've had another year in the system, including most importantly the QB. They should have adjusted to the new philosophies, and begun building off the knowledge they had last year. Berry is a very solid pick, and you'd think Romeo and Charlie would be an improvement.

Not that I'm predicting playoffs or anything. Hell, 8-8 would be fantastic, IMHO, but they shouldn't go 4-12 again.

Amnorix
09-09-2010, 03:47 PM
ROFL

And please note the awesome post-"Oops; busted"!-success those chowder-eating fuckheads have enjoyed since!

"But-but...they compete every year"!

Yeah, well, send Martyocrity a thank you note, 'kay?

errr...like being one minute and an absurd helmet catch from a perfect season? Yeah, try again.

Amnorix
09-09-2010, 03:48 PM
Well I'm glad Boston fans at least finally realize Peyton > Brady...

It used to be very annoying having them try and say otherwise...

Of course I've known the truth since 2003...

Your bitterness is showing. You're also mumbling. Try to remove the penis blocking your airways...

Short Leash Hootie
09-09-2010, 03:48 PM
errr...like being one minute and an absurd helmet catch from a perfect season? Yeah, try again.

too bad Brady decided to play his worst game of the year in his biggest moment...

damn I always thought he was captain clutch?

whatever happened?!?

OH YEAH THEY GOT CAUGHT CHEATING...WITH EVIDENCE SO BAD IT HAD TO BE DESTROYED...

almost forgot

RINGLEADER
09-09-2010, 03:50 PM

One of the best things going for the Chiefs on Monday night is that they're playing the Chargers in September -- and we all know how terrible SD is in September.

Chocolate Hog
09-09-2010, 03:50 PM
too bad Brady decided to play his worst game of the year in his biggest moment...

whatever happened?!?

OH YEAH THEY GOT CAUGHT CHEATING...WITH EVIDENCE SO BAD IT HAD TO BE DESTROYED...

almost forgot

All that meth your parents smoked is coming back to haunt society.

DaneMcCloud
09-09-2010, 03:51 PM
Even without that stuff they shoudl NOT be 4-12. They've had another year in the system, including most importantly the QB. They should have adjusted to the new philosophies, and begun building off the knowledge they had last year. Berry is a very solid pick, and you'd think Romeo and Charlie would be an improvement.

Not that I'm predicting playoffs or anything. Hell, 8-8 would be fantastic, IMHO, but they shouldn't go 4-12 again.

Should, should, should.

Until I see evidence of improvement on the field (something I did not see during preseason), it's hard for me to imagine this team winning more than six games.

I see 6-10 as a logical prediction but I could also see them at 4-12.

Personally, I think they're stuck in neutral. They probably won't get blown out by 20+ per game as often as last year, but they haven't added the necessary personnel to get this team even close to .500.

Chocolate Hog
09-09-2010, 03:51 PM
One of the best things going for the Chiefs on Monday night is that they're playing the Chargers in September -- and we all know how terrible SD is in September.

If the Chargers are bad in Sept what are the Chiefs? Haven't won an opener since 2005.

Amnorix
09-09-2010, 03:52 PM

whatever happened?!?

almost forgot

Thsi from the guy that fellates Mr. Pick Six.

And ask ANY Patriots fan, or any reasonably unbiased football fan who saw the game, and I think they would ascribe just a smidge more blame to the Pats overwhelmed offensive line than to Brady.

Oh, and to helmet catch.

Did I metnion Pick Six?

Pick Six?

Besides, HTF did you get into this with me? I was shooting at Buck you dumbass.

Short Leash Hootie
09-09-2010, 03:57 PM
Thsi from the guy that fellates Mr. Pick Six.

And ask ANY Patriots fan, or any reasonably unbiased football fan who saw the game, and I think they would ascribe just a smidge more blame to the Pats overwhelmed offensive line than to Brady.

Oh, and to helmet catch.

Did I metnion Pick Six?

Pick Six?

Besides, HTF did you get into this with me? I was shooting at Buck you dumbass.

If the pick six was a choke...

what was playing the worst game in a season that was one decent game away from always being remembered?

his smug response to Plaxico suggesting they'd only score 17 points...

Brady shit the bed...Brady's choke job (over the course of the whole game) cost the Pats immortality...

Manning made one bad pass the entire game in a season where the Colts would have won 2 games had he not been the league MVP and starting/in uniform every single game...just like every single year.

Brady goes out in game one...

and...

BEFORE HE EVER GOT INJURED...I HAVE ARCHIVED POSTS ON THIS BOARD SUGGESTING THAT HE WAS OVERRATED BECAUSE EVEN HIS INEXPERIENCED, HASN'T STARTED A GAME SINCE HIGH SCHOOL BACKUP COULD COME IN AND LEAD THAT TEAM TO THE PLAYOFFS...

well I was almost right...

he led them to 11 wins...but they got fucked out of the playoffs (and who the hell knows what would have happened had they made a WC...with BB...who knows???)...

so yeah...

Brady is overrated.

He's great.

But he is 1/10th of the QB Peyton Manning is...and Manning will...easily, without a doubt...go down as the greatest to ever play the game.

If anyone in any sport has ever been close to MJ...

we're looking at him

Amnorix
09-09-2010, 04:00 PM
If the pick six was a choke...

what was playing the worst game in a season that was one decent game away from always being remembered?

his smug response to Plaxico suggesting they'd only score 17 points...

Brady shit the bed...Brady's choke job (over the course of the whole game) cost the Pats immortality...

Manning made one bad pass the entire game in a season where the Colts would have won 2 games had he not been the league MVP and starting/in uniform every single game...just like every single year.

Brady goes out in game one...

and...

BEFORE HE EVER GOT INJURED...I HAVE ARCHIVED POSTS ON THIS BOARD SUGGESTING THAT HE WAS OVERRATED BECAUSE EVEN HIS INEXPERIENCED, HASN'T STARTED A GAME SINCE HIGH SCHOOL BACKUP COULD COME IN AND LEAD THAT TEAM TO THE PLAYOFFS...

well I was almost right...

he led them to 11 wins...but they got fucked out of the playoffs (and who the hell knows what would have happened had they made a WC...with BB...who knows???)...

so yeah...

Brady is overrated.

He's great.

But he is 1/10th of the QB Peyton Manning is...and Manning will...easily, without a doubt...go down as the greatest to ever play the game.

If anyone in any sport has ever been close to MJ...

we're looking at him

Honestly, blaming Brady instead of the OLine for the Giants game is idiotic.

As is this debate, which is neither new nor newly interesting. At least Brady can point to the OLIne for losing that game. Manning can't blame anybody for that pick six.
</EMBED>

Short Leash Hootie
09-09-2010, 04:01 PM
so Brady gets to blame his line but when Peyton did it years ago he was just being a bad teammates/baby...

lolololol

just admit Peyton Manning >>> Tom Brady and I'll never bring it up to you again

Amnorix
09-09-2010, 04:07 PM
Shall we post a poll on here about whether it was Brady or his offensive line who should be blamed for losing the game?

We saw what Brady did when he was healthy and had the weapons around him that Manning has had his entire career -- undefeated until losing in the SB by the skin of their teeth, and a new record for TDs in a season.

I've said this before and I'll say it again -- both are great QBs and I wouldn't be unhyappy to have either on my team. The only reason I even discuss this with you is because of your stupid thought that Manning is to Brady what Michael Jordan is to, oh, I don't know, Greg Kite. It's retarded. Beyond retarded.

But yeah, Peyton wouldn't have won any more championships than Tom did. Sorry to disappoint you on that one.

Msmith
09-09-2010, 04:27 PM
Take the preseason game the Saints vs the Chargers. With both teams had their first units played in the first half, the score was tied 14-14. Rivers rallied both TDs. Matthew ran wild at first and was contended later. Expect the outcome to be similar, Rivers will do most the damage. Matthew will run for a while until the defense figures him out then his yardage would be dropped off.

the Talking Can
09-09-2010, 05:08 PM
hootie's takes on brady are a kind of retardation it is hard to fathom....

keg in kc
09-09-2010, 05:11 PM
It's hootie...

ThaVirus
09-09-2010, 05:16 PM
Wait so Tom Brady isn't a top 5 QB anymore?

No, he's not. If we were talking about careers, then yes he would be; but as of right now I'd take all of those 5 over Brady..

michaelj_58
09-09-2010, 05:23 PM
its going to come down to tunovers,rivers against our secondary in the fourth quarter!

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-09-2010, 05:42 PM
Oh fuck New England already.

keg in kc
09-09-2010, 05:45 PM
People thinking Brady is off his game because he only had 4400 yards passing and 28 TDs is a sign that the guy really is on another level.

Kyle DeLexus
09-09-2010, 05:52 PM
People thinking Brady is off his game because he only had 4400 yards passing and 28 TDs is a sign that the guy really is on another level.

Thats the truth. It would take a couple years a little worse than that to move him out of the #2 spot. Statistically that was his 2nd best year too I believe.

The guy just hasn't been to a Superbowl in 2 years (one of which he's on the IR) so he must be washed up.

MadMax
09-09-2010, 06:32 PM
Oh **** New England already.

THIS!!! times 11 billion.

Short Leash Hootie
09-09-2010, 06:51 PM

well he did take an 11 win Matt Cassel led team and turned them into a ... 10 win team.

synthesis2
09-09-2010, 11:47 PM
I understand how @#@@ the chiefs have made us feel over the last several years, all I am saying is that with their best O-Lineman holding out, as well as their best WR, having a rookie running back we have a very good chance to beat the chargers.

Do I think its a sure thing? Absolutely not but I think we have at least a 50/50 chance and I think there is no reason why we can't win the division, this is about as weak as I can remember in the last 20 years.

Yes they are better at QB, a lot better but after that and TE, we are just as good if not better in many areas. I just don't see how they are that much better, if at all.

It does not really matter, we will see come Monday night, if they lay a turd then everyone on the board that thinks we suck will be on the right track, if we win that I hope you speak up as well.

4 days baby!!!!!!!!!

DaneMcCloud
09-09-2010, 11:57 PM
I think there is no reason why we can't win the division, this is about as weak as I can remember in the last 20 years.

You're a fucking mouth-breathing, drooling Mongo.

The Chiefs couldn't win this division if Denver, San Diego & Oakland all took detours into the Bermuda Triangle before facing the Chiefs.

B_Ambuehl
09-10-2010, 01:03 AM

Hence, Herm to Haley.

Peeholi?

baitism
09-10-2010, 01:10 AM
Goddamn, all of you are retarded. Just get out of this thread until Monday night.

B_Ambuehl
09-10-2010, 01:45 AM
Seriously, I'm a fan of both teams, they're the only 2 teams I follow each and every week, and they have a considerable amount in common. Both teams have hard assed front offices that in recent history routinely make terrible personnel decisions. Both teams run 3-4 defenses and both have practice squad caliber defensive fronts and undermanned inside linebackers. Both have lackluster offensive tackle play. Both teams have pretty good corners and both have (or should have) 1 good safety. Both have a scheme built around a strong running game.

The main difference is QB, TE, scheme, and things a QB allows them to do in scheme. I'm sure Haley would love to get down the field but Cassell can't throw anything deeper than 10 yards. Rivers is accurate with the deep ball, has Gates to draw congestion to the middle, has a dynamite safety valve in Sproles, and all that allows Norv a lot of versatility in play calling.

The other main difference I see is D coordinator. Ron Rivera schemed the chargers D to a top 15 ranking in points allowed with nothing to work with other than smoke and mirrors. That team defensively had no business being 13-3 last year. They've been dead last or 2nd to last in QB pressures the prior 3 years and gave up nearly 5 yds/carry on the ground to at least one rusher in the majority of games they played, the majority of their defense grades out at well below average, but they were still able to make enough plays when it counted because of the way Rivera used them.

I saw nothing in preseason to indicate any major change in scheme or approach for the Chiefs 3-4. Crennell still has Ron Edwards playing a 2-gap role but he can be effectively blocked with just a center. Tyson Jackson is a 4-3 left defensive end playing out of position. Dorsey tries but he's not big enough to effectively be a force doing what they're asking him to do. The end result is an easy ~5 yards thru the a-gaps on the majority of inside runs.

The Parcells 3-4 (which Romeo runs) is outdated and has been for a couple of years now. That's why Miami brought in Mike Nolan. That's largely why the Pats got gutted for 250 on the ground against the Ravens and knocked out of the playoffs.

For an alternate 1-shade/1-gap approach (which the personnel is better suited for) watch the Cowboys under Phillips.

When your front line is overmatched you concede yards on the ground, concede TOP and generally have to get a lot of quick scores to win. The Saints & Pats can get away with it because of their offense.

The basic problem with the chiefs is their approach offensively doesn't match up to what they can do defensively. They might be able to pressure the QB a bit and hold up on the back end in the passing game, but being a team that runs to win they need to be able to stop the run and force teams into consistent 3rd and long situations so they can get after the QB and let their secondary fly around and make plays.

Notice around the league virtually all the teams that run the ball for high yardage are generally very good at stopping the run. Most of the teams that throw the ball for big yardage are good at pressuring the QB. Until the Chiefs get to the point where their O and D complement each other opposing teams will be able to play day 1 install and drive the ball, run the clock, play conservative D and know that Cassell & the passing game will eventually shit the bed. Last year it generally didn't take much longer than a quarter or so for that to happen. We'll see.

synthesis2
09-11-2010, 01:36 PM
I'm just saying that with their best WR out as well as their best OLine man who happens to be the left tackle and with all of the upgrades we have done over the season, I think we have a real shot at beating them. We will see come Monday night if I'm way off or not but looking at it on paper, its looks very close.

the Talking Can
09-11-2010, 01:50 PM
well he did take an 11 win Matt Cassel led team and turned them into a ... 10 win team.

which means nothing, you flaming dipshit

chiefs fans and stats

always a deadly mix

synthesis2
09-11-2010, 04:55 PM
Go F### yourself A-hole

-King-
09-11-2010, 05:49 PM
Go F### yourself A-hole

Self censoring is frowned upon on Chiefs Planet.

synthesis2
09-11-2010, 07:44 PM
Just responding to talking can, people that try and put others down, I have zero patience for...

Chiefs Pantalones
09-11-2010, 07:45 PM
Just responding to talking can, people that try and put others down, I have zero patience for...

Let's get naked.

DaneMcCloud
09-11-2010, 07:47 PM

Then you're on the wrong website

the Talking Can
09-11-2010, 07:49 PM

your mom is my toilet

Chiefs Pantalones
09-11-2010, 07:51 PM
your mom is my toilet

http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/wikiality/images/0/0a/RKelly.jpg

the Talking Can
09-11-2010, 07:52 PM
i mean, you're defending hootie for christ sake

the man likes to pee on his friends in the shower

Rausch
09-11-2010, 08:00 PM
If we have any shot at beating the Chargers it's this game...

Chiefs Pantalones
09-11-2010, 08:01 PM
If we have any shot at beating the Chargers it's this game...

I agree. I think we can wear them down with our running game, control the clock, long drives.

DaneMcCloud
09-11-2010, 08:20 PM
I agree. I think we can wear them down with our running game, control the clock, long drives.

Only to watch them quick strike with Rivers to Gates.

Plus, Charles isn't a grinder, so if he's the starter and the Chiefs score with him on the field, it'll likely be due to his breakaway speed, which will leave the Chiefs defense on the field longer.

milkman
09-11-2010, 08:33 PM
Should, should, should.

Until I see evidence of improvement on the field (something I did not see during preseason), it's hard for me to imagine this team winning more than six games.

I see 6-10 as a logical prediction but I could also see them at 4-12.

Personally, I think they're stuck in neutral. They probably won't get blown out by 20+ per game as often as last year, but they haven't added the necessary personnel to get this team even close to .500.

I actually think this team has made improvements, and I think Berry is going to have a bigger impact on defense than I had previously envisioned.

However, the fact still remains that they didn't make improvements in the critical areas where games are won and lost, on the nose andon the edge on defense, and most importantly, at QB.

Chiefs Pantalones
09-11-2010, 11:36 PM
Wow, over the last four years, the Chargers are 20-4 against the AFC West. The last five years they are 8-8 in September, 2-5 on the road.

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-12-2010, 09:54 PM
which means nothing, you flaming dipshit

chiefs fans and stats

always a deadly mix

Then you're on the wrong website

:LOL:

Listen you fucking cunts; we are WINNING this game, Cassholi be damned.

synthesis2
09-14-2010, 12:34 AM
Well I guess I was right, doesn't mean that we will or won't win the division but at last it makes this thread decent. GOOOOO CHIEFSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-14-2010, 04:16 AM
:LOL:

Listen you fucking cunts; we are WINNING this game, Cassholi be damned.

Me FTW.

Rausch
09-15-2010, 10:18 PM
Good thread...