Von Dumbass
09-08-2010, 07:57 PM
DT and Suh

Shogun
09-08-2010, 07:57 PM
Mccluster/berry

Ralphy Boy
09-08-2010, 07:58 PM
Detroit had the 32nd ranked defense, #32 against the pass & #25 against the run. If they climb up 10 spots, I think Suh's gonna get most of the credit.

Berry won't help much in improving our pass rush or stopping the run, so I don't see him getting much credit, unless he picks off 5 passes and takes 1 to the house. Suh had a lot of predraft pub so that'll carry some weight, if he lives up to the pick, and I think he will, he's going to edge out Berry.

Spiller is dynamic and Gailey will throw the entire offense on his back because he has no other options. I think he gets 1,100 yards rushing, along with a few long runs for the highlight reel. It'll be hard because they have a worse QB situation than us, so defenses can throw 8 in the box and not really worry about anything over the top.
Ryan Matthews could be close. With Rivers keeping the defense honest it could open up plenty of running room for him.

Pioli Zombie
09-08-2010, 08:09 PM
Eric Berry and Cunty Cunterson.

nychief
09-08-2010, 08:10 PM
mccluster/ Berry....

keg in kc
09-08-2010, 08:11 PM
I'm gonna go with Jahvid Best and Brandon Graham

Hog Farmer
09-08-2010, 08:12 PM
DT and Suh

Your dumbass coach is going to attempt to play DT in the first game and he will end up missing the rest of the year. You don't fuck with a foot injury, it has to heal completely. God I'm glad You guys hired him!

Ebolapox
09-08-2010, 08:14 PM
DT and Suh

there's only one DT. he's in the nfl HOF. the other is a fucking rookie that has never played a down of professional football in his life (technically, preseason doesn't count). until he's in the HOF, calling him DT is a fucking insult to anybody who claims to be an NFL fan.

Virtua Chief
09-08-2010, 08:15 PM
there's only one DT. he's in the nfl HOF. the other is a ****ing rookie that has never played a down of professional football in his life (technically, preseason doesn't count). until he's in the HOF, calling him DT is a ****ing insult to anybody who claims to be an NFL fan.

This.

I'm sitting here thinking WTF is this guy talking about DT for. Oh wait.

-King-
09-08-2010, 08:15 PM
Mathews or Bradford = OROY

Berry or Suh = DROY

milkman
09-08-2010, 08:43 PM
. It'll be hard because they have a worse QB situation than us,

No they don't.

I think Berry has a very good chance, because I believe he's going to have a bigger impact than I originally thought.

I think Ryan Matthews is a good candidate on offense.

-King-
09-08-2010, 08:47 PM
No they don't.

I think Berry has a very good chance, because I believe he's going to have a bigger impact than I originally thought.

I think Ryan Matthews is a good candidate on offense.
Have you seen the gif that GoChiefs posted today in the GIF'd Up thread?

milkman
09-08-2010, 09:01 PM
Have you seen the gif that GoChiefs posted today in the GIF'd Up thread?

Yep..He's gonna be a huge difference maker.

Bump
09-08-2010, 09:24 PM
Eric Berry and Rob Gronkowski

keg in kc
09-08-2010, 09:37 PM
You know, Gronkowski could be a good pick.

RustShack
09-08-2010, 09:40 PM
McCluster/Berry

Reaper16
09-08-2010, 09:42 PM
Ryan Matthews and Earl Thomas

Chiefshrink
09-08-2010, 09:43 PM
This is even a question?

McCluster and Berry

Believe it or not that combo is "VERY" realistic. Our D-line will allow Berry to have alot of opportunities to make big time plays because they are poor to mediocre. McCluster will be a faster Welker with Hester ability to take it to the house every time he touches the ball whether returning,pass catching or running a reverse.:thumb: Just have to stay healthy is all.

Tribal Warfare
09-08-2010, 09:47 PM
there's only one DT. he's in the nfl HOF. the other is a fucking rookie that has never played a down of professional football in his life (technically, preseason doesn't count). until he's in the HOF, calling him DT is a fucking insult to anybody who claims to be an NFL fan.

I still refuse to call Ladanian Tomlison "LT"

JD10367
09-08-2010, 09:47 PM
You know, Gronkowski could be a good pick.

Hard to say. Initially they pegged Gronkowksi as more of a FB-type doing more blocking, and Hernandez as more of a WR-type doing more catching. But Hernandez got dinged so Gronkowski got more playing time and showed he's a beast to bring down and can catch balls. His problsm is that there are a lot of other targets for the ball (Moss, Welker, Kevin Faulk, Hernandez, Julian Edelman) and they may take him off the field in favor of Alge Crumpler for Crumpler's run-blocking.

I think Spiller's a good pick because Buffalo will suck balls, and thus Spiller will shine even brighter.

I'll go for Berry on the defensive side.

-King-
09-08-2010, 09:59 PM

Even if preseason did count...he still didn't play a single down.

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-08-2010, 10:02 PM
Mathews or Bradford = OROY

Berry or Suh = DROY

These.

Bump
09-08-2010, 10:13 PM
Hard to say. Initially they pegged Gronkowksi as more of a FB-type doing more blocking, and Hernandez as more of a WR-type doing more catching. But Hernandez got dinged so Gronkowski got more playing time and showed he's a beast to bring down and can catch balls. His problem is that there are a lot of other targets for the ball (Moss, Welker, Kevin Faulk, Hernandez, Julian Edelman) and they may take him off the field in favor of Alge Crumpler for Crumpler's run-blocking.

I think Spiller's a good pick because Buffalo will suck balls, and thus Spiller will shine even brighter.

I'll go for Berry on the defensive side.

FYP

Chiefshrink
09-08-2010, 10:18 PM
Every team in our division this yr and some non-div and non-conf teams at some point along the season will get McCluster F**ked!! I credit "arrowheadnation" with that moniker. This could very realistically happen and Dexter wins ROPOY because he so multi-dimensional .

thurman merman
09-08-2010, 11:13 PM
Spiller/Berry

Ralphy Boy
09-09-2010, 09:47 AM
Believe it or not that combo is "VERY" realistic. Our D-line will allow Berry to have alot of opportunities to make big time plays because they are poor to mediocre. McCluster will be a faster Welker with Hester ability to take it to the house every time he touches the ball whether returning,pass catching or running a reverse.:thumb: Just have to stay healthy is all.

Everybody keeps making the Welker references, whether its to DMC or Royal in Denver. Welker is in NE. He gets his catches because of his relationship to a great QB. That QB isn't in KC and he isn't in Denver. Wes Welker is a phenomenal talent and anything suggesting with certainty that DMC will be a "faster Welker" is ridiculous. I'm glad you're excited, but temper that flame just a bit before you put him so high on that lofty perch.

KCtotheSB
09-09-2010, 10:09 AM
Tony Moeaki and Cameron Sheffield

Chiefnj2
09-09-2010, 10:21 AM
Dez if he can stay healthy. Bradford runner up.

On defense, McLain or Weatherspoon.

Pestilence
09-09-2010, 10:23 AM
Mathews or Best

and

McClain or Berry

vailpass
09-09-2010, 10:24 AM
Bradford/Suh

vailpass
09-09-2010, 10:27 AM
QUOTE=sportsshrink;6987833]Believe it or not that combo is "VERY" realistic. Our D-line will allow Berry to have alot of opportunities to make big time plays because they are poor to mediocre. McCluster will be a faster Welker with Hester ability to take it to the house every time he touches the ball whether returning,pass catching or running a reverse. Just have to stay healthy is all.[/QUOTE]

:homer:

OnTheWarpath58
09-09-2010, 10:38 AM
Ryan Mathews and Jerry Hughes.

Sofa King
09-09-2010, 10:43 AM
Ryan Matthews will have over 1000 yards, and they'll still pick Bradford because people are QB crazy...

Berry will win the defensive... Suh won't even be a blip on the radar...

JD10367
09-09-2010, 10:49 AM
Everybody keeps making the Welker references, whether its to DMC or Royal in Denver. Welker is in NE. He gets his catches because of his relationship to a great QB. That QB isn't in KC and he isn't in Denver. Wes Welker is a phenomenal talent and anything suggesting with certainty that DMC will be a "faster Welker" is ridiculous. I'm glad you're excited, but temper that flame just a bit before you put him so high on that lofty perch.

Brady and Welker don't have some sort of Jedi mind connection, and they just will the ball from Brady's hand to Welker's. He gets his catches because he's small, shifty, has turbo boost, has good hands, and runs those short over-the-middle crossing routes. Before him, it was Troy Brown. If McCluster can be that guy, then he'll have solid numbers. Even if Cassel can't throw deep, as you all claim. :D

MTG#10
09-09-2010, 10:57 AM
Believe it or not that combo is "VERY" realistic.

No its not. They're not going to give two players on the same team ROY awards when that team doesn't even make the playoffs.

xztop12
09-09-2010, 11:05 AM
Mathews / Berry

KCrockaholic
09-09-2010, 11:57 AM
C.J. Spiller and Eric Berry

Chiefnj2
09-09-2010, 12:07 PM
A secondary is only as good as its front 7. Unless the DL and ILB's play better, Berry won't get much recognition.

Brock
09-09-2010, 12:12 PM
A secondary is only as good as its front 7. Unless the DL and ILB's play better, Berry won't get much recognition.

He might get a lot more tackles as a result.

Saccopoo
09-09-2010, 12:26 PM
Offensive ROY:
Jermaine Gresham, TE; Cincinnati Bengals

Defensive ROY:
Daryl Washington, LB; Arizona Cardinals

Chiefnj2
09-09-2010, 12:31 PM
He might get a lot more tackles as a result.
Who was the leading safety in tackles last year? See what I mean, it isn't impressive for a safety. People want INT's from DBs or bone jarring hits on WRs. Playing the run because of a weak interior front 7 won't gain a lot of attention, especially from a team like KC.

Brock
09-09-2010, 12:40 PM
Who was the leading safety in tackles last year? See what I mean, it isn't impressive for a safety. People want INT's from DBs or bone jarring hits on WRs. Playing the run because of a weak interior front 7 won't gain a lot of attention, especially from a team like KC.

It wouldn't surprise me though, to see Berry put up similar numbers to what Cushing did last year. A lot of tackles, a few sacks and a few interceptions. Whether he'd be judged differently because he's a safety, I don't know.

-King-
09-19-2010, 09:22 PM
Ryan Mathews and Jerry Hughes.

I meant to ask you...

How do you expect Hughes to win ROY? He doesn't start. Shit, he's been deactivated the past 2 weeks.

I don't know why people didn't make a big deal out of the Colts drafting him. Freeney and Mathis aren't THAT old that they needed to draft Hughes now. The whole thing makes no sense.

OnTheWarpath58
09-19-2010, 09:47 PM
I meant to ask you...

How do you expect Hughes to win ROY? He doesn't start. Shit, he's been deactivated the past 2 weeks.

I don't know why people didn't make a big deal out of the Colts drafting him. Freeney and Mathis aren't THAT old that they needed to draft Hughes now. The whole thing makes no sense.

You act as if I made that prediction tonight.

He played A lot in the PS, and played pretty well. I could have swore the Colts had him playing LB where Wheeler is starting now.

My mistake.

-King-
09-19-2010, 09:52 PM
You act as if I made that prediction tonight.

He played A lot in the PS, and played pretty well. I could have swore the Colts had him playing LB where Wheeler is starting now.

My mistake.

Even then, what position did you think he'd play?

OnTheWarpath58
09-19-2010, 10:04 PM
Even then, what position did you think he'd play?

???

I could have swore the Colts had him playing LB where Wheeler is starting now.

-King-
09-19-2010, 10:14 PM
???

A.D.D