PDA

View Full Version : Nat'l Security Ground Zero Imam says no mosque = attack on Islam

petegz28
09-09-2010, 03:54 PM
I heard this on the radio on the way home. I will try to get a quote here in a bit.

blaise
09-09-2010, 04:13 PM
The way I read it (I read an article in the NY Post) was that he said Muslims around the world would perceive it as an attack on Islam. He wasn't saying that it is. And he's right, they probably would consider it an attack on Islam. But I'm sure it would never compel them to engage in violence, because they normally seem to even keeled about things.

petegz28
09-09-2010, 04:22 PM
The way I read it (I read an article in the NY Post) was that he said Muslims around the world would perceive it as an attack on Islam. He wasn't saying that it is. And he's right, they probably would consider it an attack on Islam. But I'm sure it would never compel them to engage in violence, because they normally seem to even keeled about things.

Yeah, he hid behind the shield of "radicals" saying they would perceive it as an attack on Islam. Fuck them! Obviously they don't give a fuck about how the Americans feel about it. So why should we give a fuck about how they feel?

It gets old fast.

BIG_DADDY
09-09-2010, 04:34 PM
It's exactly the opposite. A mosque there will = an attack on Islam. Trump just offered to buy the property for a 25% premium to end the divisive situation. Imam bought the property last July for 4.85 Million. Imam is now waying he has been offered much more than that. The guy is an opportunist and an asshole of epic proportions.

blaise
09-09-2010, 04:34 PM
I agree, it does get old. That's why I feel that even though the Learning Center location is in bad taste, I'm not going to let it rile me up.

Hog Farmer
09-09-2010, 04:41 PM
I still say let them build it. fill it with ragheads ,fly two Jumbo jets into it ,kill everyone inside and call it even.

HonestChieffan
09-09-2010, 05:22 PM
Does this mean we cant have a Quran-a-Que?

Whole hog...cold beer...country music.....This is and idea who's time has come I swear.

Paintball in the pasture.

BIG_DADDY
09-09-2010, 05:31 PM

Whole hog...cold beer...country music.....This is and idea who's time has come I swear.

Paintball in the pasture.

Can we set up a ragtop firing range?

HonestChieffan
09-09-2010, 07:36 PM
Not if we have beer. I dont allow anyone on the range if alcohol has been consumed.

orange
09-09-2010, 07:37 PM
Not if we have beer. I dont allow anyone on the range if alcohol has been consumed.

Well then, how would you manage to piss out the fire? (cross-thread reference)

You're right, no guns.

HonestChieffan
09-09-2010, 07:56 PM
Well then, how would you manage to piss out the fire? (cross-thread reference)

You're right, no guns.

If you want to fit in by using colloquialisms use them correctly.

It is "Piss on the fire and call in the dogs" not "Piss out the fire and call in the dogs". Saying it wrong just tells folks you are all hat and no cows.

petegz28
09-09-2010, 07:58 PM

It is "Piss on the fire and call in the dogs" not "Piss out the fire and call in the dogs". Saying it wrong just tells folks you are all hat and no cows.

Or is that all fur coat and no trousers???

orange
09-09-2010, 08:03 PM

Is that from a movie or something? I thought you invented it right here.

HonestChieffan
09-09-2010, 08:12 PM
Is that from a movie or something? I thought you invented it right here.

Its a rural thing. You know we who cling to our guns and religion...antipathy toward things we don't understand...etc etc etc.

If you aren't one, you can't understand it; If you are one, you can't explain it.

Trying to get you to understand would be like wipin your ass on a wagon wheel, the same shit keeps coming around.

orange
09-09-2010, 08:25 PM
BOWLEGS
Jeff Hanna

Sometimes things don't work out, but that's how life is, son:
All them little miseries to keep you on the run.
One mornin' you may wake up with your face down in the eggs,
So just put out the fire, call in the dogs, an' head it on back to Bowlegs.
Y'all just put out the fire, call in the dogs, an' head it on back to Bowlegs.

Well, lots o' people in this world are tryin' to make a buck.
Some folks ride in a limousine while others drive them big ol' Peterbilt trucks.
Remember that ol' saying 'bout the round holes and square pegs,
An' just put out the fire, call in the dogs, an' head it on back to Bowlegs.
Well, just put out the fire, call in the dogs, an' head it on back to Bowlegs.

There's no use tryin' to be what you're not.
You run on a treadmill and you'll get tired a lot.
Why not take some advice from me,
Even though I ain't no McCartney? (Yeah, yeah, yeah.)

Well, the moral of this story escapes me at this time.
I've been too busy standin' up here just tryin' to make this shit rhyme.
I'm a crazy drunken fool. When I finish off this keg,
I'm gonna piss on the fire, call in the dogs, an' head it on back to Bowlegs.
Piss on the fire, call in the dogs, an' head it on back to Bowlegs.

[Recorded by the Nitty Gritty Dirt Band on "Dirt, Silver & Gold" and "Unbroken! Live"]

go bowe
09-09-2010, 11:58 PM

Paintball in the pasture.do you REALLY want your food cooked in quran smoke?

sounds nasty to me...

go bowe
09-10-2010, 12:01 AM

It is "Piss on the fire and call in the dogs" not "Piss out the fire and call in the dogs". Saying it wrong just tells folks you are all hat and no cows.you're on a roll tonight...

all hat and no cows...

never heard that one before, but i was raised in dairy cow country, sorta...

BIG_DADDY
09-10-2010, 12:02 AM
do you REALLY want your food cooked in quran smoke?

sounds nasty to me...

I don't know, lets ask bagdad frankie the shishkabob queen.

go bowe
09-10-2010, 12:03 AM
Its a rural thing. You know we who cling to our guns and religion...antipathy toward things we don't understand...etc etc etc.

If you aren't one, you can't understand it; If you are one, you can't explain it.

Trying to get you to understand would be like wipin your ass on a wagon wheel, the same shit keeps coming around.wiping your ass on a wagon wheel?

aren't wagon wheels a little rough?

oh, maybe you like it a little rough around the edges every now and then?

nttawwt :evil: :evil: :evil:

go bowe
09-10-2010, 12:08 AM
I don't know, lets ask bagdad frankie the shishkabob queen.i dunno, i don't think i want to eat any quran smoked food regardless of what frankie says...

HonestChieffan
09-10-2010, 05:36 AM
do you REALLY want your food cooked in quran smoke?

sounds nasty to me...

Paper may be made from maple or hickory. Never know, it may be great. If not, beer. Cold Beer.

Deberg_1990
09-10-2010, 06:22 AM
How come our Government, the media and citizens never consider it an "act of war" if another countries citizen burns the Bible?

HonestChieffan
09-10-2010, 07:32 AM
Too busy trying to downplay the threat internally and externally from Islamists

Direckshun
09-10-2010, 07:47 AM
Did we ever get the quote posted?

ROYC75
09-10-2010, 08:38 AM
How come our Government, the media and citizens never consider it an "act of war" if another countries citizen burns the Bible?

The outside world knows our government is not that sensitive about this stuff. But yet we are very sensitive to them killing our people. Look, we ( generally )are not that extreme to just attach a bomb to ourselves to show the outside world we dislike them. But they will do just this very thing.

We will be forever fighting extreme terrorist, it's embedded in them. But to declare war on all of Islam is just wrong.

We stuck our nose in it, we will forever have to deal with it unless you wipe them all out ( which is out of the question ) .

Donger
09-10-2010, 12:10 PM
Did we ever get the quote posted?

Here:

RAUF: Because we have to now make sure that whatever we do actually results in greater peace, not in greater conflict. ... I am extremely concerned about sensitivity. But I also have a responsibility. If we move from that location, the story will be that the radicals have taken over the discourse. The headlines in the Muslim world will be that Islam is under attack.

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/washington/2010/09/imam-feisal-abdul-rauf-ground-zero-mosque.html

blaise
09-10-2010, 12:57 PM
Here:

RAUF: Because we have to now make sure that whatever we do actually results in greater peace, not in greater conflict. ... I am extremely concerned about sensitivity. But I also have a responsibility. If we move from that location, the story will be that the radicals have taken over the discourse. The headlines in the Muslim world will be that Islam is under attack.

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/washington/2010/09/imam-feisal-abdul-rauf-ground-zero-mosque.html

What makes that quote and sentiment interesting is the fact that Direckshun chose to bump the Sharron Angle thread just today.
That's pretty neat timing.

alanm
09-10-2010, 10:32 PM

It is "Piss on the fire and call in the dogs" not "Piss out the fire and call in the dogs". Saying it wrong just tells folks you are all hat and no cows.Out here we say "All hat and no cattle." ;)

ForeverChiefs58
09-11-2010, 12:15 AM
Here:

CNN quoted him saying this as well

"But if you don't do this right, anger will explode in the Muslim world," he later said, predicting that the reaction could be more furious than the eruption of violence following the 2005 publication of Danish cartoons of the Prophet Muhammad.

Wikipedia says that little cartoon in a Dutch newspaper resulted in more than 100 deaths, including setting fire to the Danish Embassies in Syria, Lebanon and Iran, storming European buildings, and desecrating the Danish, Dutch, Norwegian, French and German flags in Gaza City.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jyllands-Posten_Muhammad_cartoons_controversy

If that's what he expects to happen then that says a lot about the people he is leads.

BIG_DADDY
09-11-2010, 01:12 AM
CNN quoted him saying this as well

"But if you don't do this right, anger will explode in the Muslim world," he later said, predicting that the reaction could be more furious than the eruption of violence following the 2005 publication of Danish cartoons of the Prophet Muhammad.

Wikipedia says that little cartoon in a Dutch newspaper resulted in more than 100 deaths, including setting fire to the Danish Embassies in Syria, Lebanon and Iran, storming European buildings, and desecrating the Danish, Dutch, Norwegian, French and German flags in Gaza City.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jyllands-Posten_Muhammad_cartoons_controversy

If that's what he expects to happen then that says a lot about the people he is leads.

Heaven forbid we fear retaliation from our non-violent fun loving muslim friends for not allowing them to build a shrine to honor the martyrs who gave their life so valiantly by taking the lives of our innocent civilians on the very spot it happened.

Dallas Chief
09-11-2010, 08:58 PM

Because, for the most part, western civilized societies tend to utilize a good deal of rationale thought before acting. Just my opinion...