PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Ryan Mallett

jlscorpio
09-10-2010, 04:34 PM
Disclaimer: I am a Razorback fan. That being said, I recently saw a mock with Mallett projected as the #7 overall pick. I doubt we'll be horrid enough this year to get Locker or Luck. However, if we go 6-10 (which is the low end of what I think our record will be this year), we could be in position to take Mallett. Unless Cassell proves me and apparently every other member of CP wrong, chances are we'll be in the market for a new QB. I'm just curious what your thoughts might be on the Chiefs taking Mallett and that cannon attached to his right shoulder...

DaKCMan AP
09-10-2010, 04:40 PM
There has been plenty of Mallet discussion here: http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=233183

beer bacon
09-10-2010, 04:43 PM
I think we have all came to the educated conclusion that Mallett is a poor man's Blaine Gabbert.

-King-
09-10-2010, 04:45 PM
I think we have all came to the educated conclusion that Mallett is a poor man's Blaine Gabbert.

Gabbert is a poor mans Matt Cassel /Billay

RustShack
09-10-2010, 04:46 PM

:doh!:

RustShack
09-10-2010, 04:46 PM
I'm all for bringing in Mallet, Luck, or Ponder.

suds79
09-10-2010, 04:47 PM
When Matt Cassel bombs and we're going into next year needing a QB, I just hope we have the balls to take one high. I'm just so tired of waiting.

So Ryan Mallett, Blane Gabbert, I'm almost at the point where I don't care. I just need to see if they have the stones to make a pick like that.

Just don't bring in some retread QB. Tired of that.

beer bacon
09-10-2010, 04:51 PM
Gabbert is a poor mans Matt Cassel /Billay

Billay thinks Gabbert is the shit. RustShack is the JERK that keeps attacking poor ol' Blaine. Damn ISU fans.

DaKCMan AP
09-10-2010, 04:53 PM
I'm all for bringing in Mallet, Luck, or Ponder.

It'll be very interesting to watch how Mallet & Ponder perform this year. They both will face tougher competition than Locker, Luck and, dare I say, Gabbert.

talastan
09-10-2010, 04:59 PM
Mallet intrigues me the most right now. His size is very good for a NFL QB and he faces the toughest defenses in the SEC.

Chief Roundup
09-10-2010, 05:03 PM
To me the QB needs to be accurate, smart and calm. Don't want a noodle arm but doesn't have to be a rifle either.

DaKCMan AP
09-10-2010, 05:03 PM
Mallet intrigues me the most right now. His size is very good for a NFL QB and he faces the toughest defenses in the SEC.

They all have good size (6'3"+ and 220+).

keg in kc
09-10-2010, 05:04 PM
Mallet folded like a cheap suit* against the quality teams on the schedule last year, 12-35 against bama, 12-27 against floriduh, 17-39 against LSU. No gators this year, so that should be addition by subtraction as far as his stats go. Georgia, auburn and SC are all ranked right now, and he tore all of them up last year, although arkansas lost the georgia game.

I'm kind of mixed between wanting to see him tear it up, 'cause I'm a fan, and wanting to see him struggle a bit, so we have a shot at him.

(*I should qualify that by saying he didn't have the best talent around him last year, as far as receivers and line - they should be better in '10)

Chief Roundup
09-10-2010, 05:06 PM
We do seem to like players from the SEC. Is Mallet one of the team captains as well??

kstater
09-10-2010, 05:06 PM

You could actually argue that he's too tall. They list him as 6-6 but I think come combine time that'll tick up a notch.

Pants
09-10-2010, 05:15 PM
Want.

Mr. Laz
09-10-2010, 05:21 PM
Disclaimer: I am a Razorback fan. That being said, I recently saw a mock with Mallett projected as the #7 overall pick. I doubt we'll be horrid enough this year to get Locker or Luck. However, if we go 6-10 (which is the low end of what I think our record will be this year), we could be in position to take Mallett. Unless Cassell proves me and apparently every other member of CP wrong, chances are we'll be in the market for a new QB. I'm just curious what your thoughts might be on the Chiefs taking Mallett and that cannon attached to his right shoulder...you should keep us updated on how he's doing each week.

an official Ryan Mallet thread maybe :)

Tuckdaddy
09-10-2010, 05:21 PM

Like hell he is. I also live in Arkansas and Mallet is very good. Size and rocket arm. He's also a strong leader that has been well coached. He needs to work on his passing touch but he's as good a QB as you will find in the nation.

It aslo dioesn't hurt that he really loves football. student of the game.

DaKCMan AP
09-10-2010, 05:24 PM
you should keep us updating on how he's doing each week.

an official Ryan Mallet thread maybe :)

Not sure how much Ryan Mallet he'll catch living in ND.

Mr. Laz
09-10-2010, 05:26 PM
Not sure how much Ryan Mallet he'll catch living in ND.
if he's not seeing him play then WTF does he know about the subject?!?!

:evil:

el borracho
09-10-2010, 07:45 PM
Bring the hammer down

KCBOSS1
09-10-2010, 07:53 PM
DUDE I'VE BEEN YELLING ABOUT MALLET SINCE...... ahh. Still, yes. I'm hoping.

leviw
09-10-2010, 08:07 PM
I'm watching Mallet live for the first time tomorrow in Little Rock. I think he's extremely over hyped down here. Biggest thing, he hasn't won at a high level yet. And I might be wrong, but I think I heard he hasn't won a road game yet. Of course those two things can change in the next three months.

He's got the size and the arm ... but so did Josh Freeman. We'll see.

KCBOSS1
09-10-2010, 08:19 PM
Wait and see. This kid is nuts. 6'7". rediculous arm. fearless. Leader. smart. I will be suprised if he doesn't go top 3. Ark had a poor defense last year, not sure what they are going to have this year, can't be much worse. It's not hype. LA Monroe not exactly a test, but he will prove it this year.

I may be wrong. I've not seen anybody in college with his potential in years and I think he will be taylor made for the nfl. Having a hard time not praying that he comes to the Chiefs.

SNR
09-18-2010, 01:55 PM
Against Georgia... does these sideline throws with almost no room for the WR to make a play. I don't get it. Looks poised at least. Accuracy needs some work.

KCrockaholic
09-18-2010, 02:05 PM
I like Mallett. He misses high a lot though...I like Gabbert, and I like Luck. I'm watching Locker tonight. But right now, I'd take Mallett on our team.

Rudy lost the toss
09-18-2010, 02:08 PM
I've liked mallett...not too impressed by him today....even in the first half. Looking forward to watching Locker for sure

Nightfyre
09-18-2010, 02:29 PM
If we're in range to grab Mallett, I vote we trade up and grab Luck.

KCtotheSB
09-18-2010, 02:31 PM
Ryan Mallett and the entire Razorbacks team aside, I wish doom upon Arkansas because of two words:

Bobby. Petrino.

F**king quitter.

Mile High Mania
09-18-2010, 02:32 PM
Mallet made that last drive and score look EFFORTLESS!

okcchief
09-18-2010, 02:37 PM
I really don't understand the Gabbert love. I like Mallet and Luck though.

Hog Farmer
09-18-2010, 03:25 PM
He could be the next Jamarcas Russel

Ralphy Boy
09-18-2010, 03:28 PM
Unless Cassell proves me and apparently every other member of CP wrong, chances are we'll be in the market for a new QB.

FALSE!!!!!!!!!

Even if Cassel has a bad year, Pioli won't replace him with a first rounder. IMO, our wagon is hitched to Cassel for at least 2 more seasons after this one.

-King-
09-18-2010, 03:30 PM
FALSE!!!!!!!!!

Even if Cassel has a bad year, Pioli won't replace him with a first rounder. IMO, our wagon is hitched to Cassel for at least 2 more seasons after this one.

How the fuck do you figure that? Cassel is done after this year. Guaranteed.

KCChiefsFan88
09-18-2010, 03:42 PM
Mallett would be my #1 choice for the Chiefs to draft, out of all the hyped college QB's I have watched thus far.

The guy is Drew Bledsoe size/arm strength + mobility.

Ralphy Boy
09-18-2010, 04:01 PM
How the **** do you figure that? Cassel is done after this year. Guaranteed.

Seriously? You are going to "Guarantee" that he's done after this year? Yeah right. I think you are assuming way too much based on what we know about Pioli thus far.

Pioli is going to admit a mistake and take a new QB, after trading for Cassel and giving him a 6 year deal with $28 million guaranteed?

He gets a $7.5 million option bonus in 2011 and they usually pay a roster bonus before the draft. I don't know when Cassel's is supposed to be paid but do you seriously think Pioli is going to not pay that bonus and then hope that he gets a QB? Do you seriously think he's going to then pay that bonus AND draft a QB who would likely get at least a $30.0 million signing bonus?

I'm not a Cassel fan, but that ship has sailed IMO. If taking a first round QB in 2011 is even a remote possibility then I have to think they would have known that before the draft and been all over Clausen when he fell to the second.

Put yourself in Pioli's shoes. If you have the slightest uncertainty, in the back of your head, about Cassel as your long term solution. Then you watch a kid, who has been coached for by your current OC, already knows the offense and he falls to the second round. How would you not take him if you have any thought that Cassel isn't the answer?

Yes I wanted Jimmy. Yes I was extremely pissed when we passed on him in the second. The reason I was so pissed is because I immediately realized that Pioli was an idiot and we were stuck with Cassel, no matter how badly he plays.

Brock
09-18-2010, 04:04 PM
They probably won't draft a QB in the first round, but if it continues to be glaringly obvious that Cassel is a liability, they'll at least be looking at some other vet QB.

threebag02
09-18-2010, 04:14 PM
We won't draft we will trade for one that is on another roster now.

King_Chief_Fan
09-18-2010, 04:18 PM
I really don't understand the Gabbert love. I like Mallet and Luck though.

Gabbert reminds me of Tebow....almost

threebag02
09-18-2010, 04:26 PM
Did Weis lobby for Jimmy at all? Did Kneelmo check his twatter account? Maybe Hogfarmer could go back and look in the NFL Enquirer. I know I never wanted cassel. It made me sick when I seen the cash spent after being so goddamned frugal in past aquistions. We could have signed three playmakers for the cost of one noodle armed POS that will never ber fixed. The best thing Pioli could do is bite the bullet before we give cassel another dime. Why throw good money at a bad problem. I would rather have Lenny down from the booth than cassel any Sunday.

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-18-2010, 04:36 PM
If Cassel continues at the same level, I predict one motherfucker of a Come To Jesus Meeting between Haley and Weis VS Peeholi.

And in this case, two on one WILL win regardless of titles and egolis.

Bob Dole
09-18-2010, 04:40 PM
You could actually argue that he's too tall. They list him as 6-6 but I think come combine time that'll tick up a notch.

Bob Dole has met him a number of times, and he's 6'6" or 6'7". No way he's 6'8", unless he has grown since he graduated high school.

Bob Dole
09-18-2010, 04:45 PM
He could be the next Jamarcas Russel

He's actually improving in all the areas you'd like to see a college QB improve. His footwork last season was a 100% improvement over what it was previously. He appears to be maturing as a team leader and at least is giving the impression that there's not quite as much "Me, Me, Me" going on. (Note the cheer for the FG kicker near the end of the first half and a "My bad" in the 2nd. You would NEVER see an admission of fault in the past.)

Ralphy Boy
09-18-2010, 04:51 PM
Did Weis lobby for Jimmy at all? Did Kneelmo check his twatter account? Maybe Hogfarmer could go back and look in the NFL Enquirer. I know I never wanted cassel. It made me sick when I seen the cash spent after being so goddamned frugal in past aquistions. We could have signed three playmakers for the cost of one noodle armed POS that will never ber fixed. The best thing Pioli could do is bite the bullet before we give cassel another dime. Why throw good money at a bad problem. I would rather have Lenny down from the booth than cassel any Sunday.

According to a few accounts and a guy at Best Buy, yes Weis lobbied for Jimmy. I seem to recall reading or hearing that Weis & Crennell weren't in the war room on draft day.
As far as the "best" thing Pioli could do and what he will do are two very different things.

chiefzilla1501
09-18-2010, 05:01 PM
Seriously? You are going to "Guarantee" that he's done after this year? Yeah right. I think you are assuming way too much based on what we know about Pioli thus far.

Pioli is going to admit a mistake and take a new QB, after trading for Cassel and giving him a 6 year deal with $28 million guaranteed?

He gets a $7.5 million option bonus in 2011 and they usually pay a roster bonus before the draft. I don't know when Cassel's is supposed to be paid but do you seriously think Pioli is going to not pay that bonus and then hope that he gets a QB? Do you seriously think he's going to then pay that bonus AND draft a QB who would likely get at least a $30.0 million signing bonus?

I'm not a Cassel fan, but that ship has sailed IMO. If taking a first round QB in 2011 is even a remote possibility then I have to think they would have known that before the draft and been all over Clausen when he fell to the second.

Put yourself in Pioli's shoes. If you have the slightest uncertainty, in the back of your head, about Cassel as your long term solution. Then you watch a kid, who has been coached for by your current OC, already knows the offense and he falls to the second round. How would you not take him if you have any thought that Cassel isn't the answer?

Yes I wanted Jimmy. Yes I was extremely pissed when we passed on him in the second. The reason I was so pissed is because I immediately realized that Pioli was an idiot and we were stuck with Cassel, no matter how badly he plays.

Yeah, I wish the Chiefs would have looked at him too and I still think they would have if he slipped to their 2b. At the same time, we always talk about needing first round QB talent. And apparently, every team does not believe Clausen is a first round talent.

I don't think Pioli is too big to admit a mistake. It didn't take him long to cut Chad Jackson in New England, which is almost as big a mistake as the Cassel one.

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-18-2010, 05:04 PM
Yeah, I wish the Chiefs would have looked at him too and I still think they would have if he slipped to their 2b. At the same time, we always talk about needing first round QB talent. And apparently, every team does not believe Clausen is a first round talent.

I don't think Pioli is too big to admit a mistake. It didn't take him long to cut Chad Jackson in New England, which is almost as big a mistake as the Cassel one.

We're not stuck. The way this franchise cuts bait at the speed of light these days, Mr. Cassel will improve or leave.

chiefzilla1501
09-18-2010, 05:05 PM
Mallett would be my #1 choice for the Chiefs to draft, out of all the hyped college QB's I have watched thus far.

The guy is Drew Bledsoe size/arm strength + mobility.

Still think Luck is the best of the class and there's no comparison.

I'd be okay with Mallett. I think he's a huge work in progress. My only concern is I sometimes wonder if he's Jay Cutler.

chiefzilla1501
09-18-2010, 05:06 PM
We're not stuck. The way this franchise cuts bait at the speed of light these days, Mr. Cassel will improve or leave.

I hope so.

Then again, I still haven't seen them sit Vrabel a whole lot. I will believe it when I see it, but I think it's way too soon to assume that he absolutely won't.

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-18-2010, 05:06 PM
Still think Luck is the best of the class and there's no comparison.

I'd be okay with Mallett. I think he's a huge work in progress. My only concern is I sometimes wonder if he's Jay Cutler.

Which may not end up being a bad thing.

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-18-2010, 05:12 PM
I hope so.

Then again, I still haven't seen them sit Vrabel a whole lot. I will believe it when I see it, but I think it's way too soon to assume that he absolutely won't.

Vrabel's purpose and the results thereof are much clearer now; he's contributing and teaching and directing, and it's actually working.

Results are there. Results matter. Cassel? Not so much.

googlegoogle
09-18-2010, 05:30 PM
bad thread. we wont go 6-10

Brock
09-18-2010, 05:34 PM
bad thread. we wont go 6-10

Most likely 8-8 at best. That's winning most home games and a couple on the road.

Ralphy Boy
09-18-2010, 05:40 PM

You are right, but Jackson didn't play for Pioli prior to him spending a pick on him and missing on a WR isn't nearly as big a hit to the talent evaluator as QB. Jackson also tore an ACL in the AFC Championship of his rookie year and missed almost all of 2007. Signing bonus wasn't much of an issue to keep them from letting him go after that.

Mr. Laz
09-18-2010, 05:43 PM
If Cassel continues at the same level, I predict one motherfucker of a Come To Jesus Meeting between Haley and Weis VS Peeholi.

And in this case, two on one WILL win regardless of titles and egolis.
iF Haley and Weis have to spend the rest of the year creating their entire gameplan around protecting Cassel then i would think they would tell Pioli to give it up. I mean so far the entire offensive gameplan is set up because they don't trust Cassel to do anything but the most basic throws and decisions. Apparently they think that Chambers is a decent enough receiver or they wouldn't of brought him back and then they grabbed DMC so this year is on Cassel. So far they are acting like our starting QB got hurt and we had to bring in a rookie 7th round draft pick who never got any reps.

sanchez and cassel have the same gameplan

If it doesn't improve we HAVE to cut our losses and move on.

Ralphy Boy
09-18-2010, 05:43 PM

WTF are you talking about? Please give me an example of a Pioli signing who has been cut after receiving $20 million of Clarks money?

milkman
09-18-2010, 05:51 PM
WTF are you talking about? Please give me an example of a Pioli signing who has been cut after receiving $20 million of Clarks money?

How about not giving him 7.5 million roster bonus going into next season?

Do you believe that Pioli is going to throw even more of Hunt's money at Cassel to continue to suck?

Ralphy Boy
09-18-2010, 05:58 PM
My damn DVR cut off with 4:36 left in the game so I won't get to watch his winning TD pass with 0:27 left.

I love my DVR, but sometimes I wanna smack the bitch.

chiefzilla1501
09-18-2010, 06:02 PM

He did it plenty of times in New England.

Ralphy Boy
09-18-2010, 06:03 PM

Do you believe that Pioli is going to throw even more of Hunt's money at Cassel to continue to suck?

Yes I fully believe Pioli will not admit this quickly that he wasted the first $20 million.

He spent the majority of Clark's money this year trying to make it appear that Cassel is competent.

I would have a new found respect for him if he cut bait, I just don't see him doing it.

keg in kc
09-18-2010, 06:05 PM
iF Haley and Weis have to spend the rest of the year creating their entire gameplan around protecting Cassel then i would think they would tell Pioli to give it up. I mean so far the entire offensive gameplan is set up because they don't trust Cassel to do anything but the most basic throws and decisions.If they do that for a month, then it's a gameplan. Right now it's a bad team playing conservative for one week in the rain to try and hold a lead on a much better one. And they did come out throwing Monday; the first two drives were pass/pass/pass and pass/run/pass.

Either way, I don't see any reason to believe that they'll hang on to Cassel if he's not holding up his end of things, not with the amount of turnover they've shown since they got here. So I agree with you on that one.

Ralphy Boy
09-18-2010, 06:06 PM
He did it plenty of times in New England.

Only one I can think of is Bledsoe and given the circumstances, I would have traded him for a 1st rounder too.

Nobody would give us more than a 5th for Cassel. And the "5th" I'm talking about is Jack Daniels, which Pioli would drown his sorrows in.

chiefzilla1501
09-18-2010, 06:13 PM
Only one I can think of is Bledsoe and given the circumstances, I would have traded him for a 1st rounder too.

Nobody would give us more than a 5th for Cassel. And the "5th" I'm talking about is Jack Daniels, which Pioli would drown his sorrows in.

Lawyer Milloy
Ty Law
Asante Samuel
Adam Viniatieri
Willie McGinest
They even forced Troy Brown to take a paycut the year he miraculously converted to Cornerback
Those were all guys who were traded or let loose even in their most productive years. Pioli's history in New England was being very tight-fisted with his money.

In terms of quick cuts, you have Chad Jackson. Granted, it took them a long time to get rid of Roosevelt Colvin and Adalius Thomas, but that's not because they wanted to keep them. It didn't take long to put those guys on the bench when they weren't performing.

milkman
09-18-2010, 06:14 PM
Yes I fully believe Pioli will not admit this quickly that he wasted the first $20 million.

He spent the majority of Clark's money this year trying to make it appear that Cassel is competent.

I would have a new found respect for him if he cut bait, I just don't see him doing it.

I don't know the exact numbers, but I highly doubt the money that Pioli spent this offseason equals half of that 7.5 mil roster bonus.

Cassel performs, or he is gone.

ChiefsCountry
09-18-2010, 06:39 PM
I don't like Mallet as much as Stafford, Sanchez or Luck but he is a much better prospect than Clausen or Locker. I would draft him for sure. He is going to be a pretty good player.

Ralphy Boy
09-18-2010, 06:49 PM
Lawyer Milloy
Ty Law
Asante Samuel
Adam Viniatieri
Willie McGinest
They even forced Troy Brown to take a paycut the year he miraculously converted to Cornerback
Those were all guys who were traded or let loose even in their most productive years. Pioli's history in New England was being very tight-fisted with his money.

In terms of quick cuts, you have Chad Jackson. Granted, it took them a long time to get rid of Roosevelt Colvin and Adalius Thomas, but that's not because they wanted to keep them. It didn't take long to put those guys on the bench when they weren't performing.

I don't think the Pats ever want to pay guys that they can get something for, but they don't admit big money mistakes very often. Not giving a guy money in the first place is one thing, but they've already paid Cassel a shit ton.

Law had a foot injury & missed his last 9 games before being released due to his foot injury, which left a lot of question marks about whether he would play in 2005. He would have made around $12.0 mil, so they cut him.

Samuel was franchised in 07 and played under the tag but the contract stated that they couldn't tag him again, so he was a free agent.

McGinest had a huge year before he was released but he was 34 or 35 and they never pay old vets.

Troy Brown got screwed but the fact is that he was made for New England and he knew it and turned down more money New Orleans to re-sign with NE.

Did you seriously name a kicker?

Again, Chad Jackson tore his ACL and missed most of 2007. Drafting a WR in the 2nd is completely different than trading a 2nd for a QB that you know.

Adalius Thomas got $20 mil guaranteed in 2007 and wasn't released until this year. That's 3 years of play before the organization admitted the mistake.

Colvin's history in NE was basically one injury after the other and he failed a physical before being released. Then he went to Houston before returning to New England the same year. He played 6 years for them and is now out of football.

Look I hope I'm wrong but I definitely am not going to get my hopes up again that somehow this offseason would be different.

Mr. Laz
09-18-2010, 06:54 PM
If they do that for a month, then it's a gameplan. Right now it's a bad team playing conservative for one week in the rain to try and hold a lead on a much better one. And they did come out throwing Monday; the first two drives were pass/pass/pass and pass/run/pass.

Either way, I don't see any reason to believe that they'll hang on to Cassel if he's not holding up his end of things, not with the amount of turnover they've shown since they got here. So I agree with you on that one.
i was including the preseason a bit too but you're correct.

Matt Cassel will have an entire year to prove he can hold up his end of the deal. If he does then outstanding but if week 16 comes around and we are still running the ball JUST because nobody trust cassel to throw the ball further than 8 yrds then it's time to move on.

-King-
09-18-2010, 06:54 PM

Beach Tribe had a great post about this
I'm not so sure.

IIRC we would have to cut Cassel after this season to be able avoid serious financial repercussions per his contract.

And I really don't think Weis is going to have the patience to deal with another season of him if he doesn't improve dramatically. If he doesn't pan out he's going to have to take a cut to stay.
Haley, Weis, and even Pioli are not going to flush the opportunity to build a contender here just because of Cassel. they've acquired too much talent, and Cassel is the weak link.
Some say Pioli's ego is too big to admit a mistake. I say BS.
I say his, and Weis' egos are too big to let Cassel stand in the way of proving to the world that they didn't ride Billicheat's coat tail.
I know for sure that Haley doesn't have the patience for another season of it, and Weis won't want to either after failing at ND.
If Cassel doesn't step up, his ass is gone. I would bet the farm on it.

http://chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?p=7010266#post7010266

chiefzilla1501
09-18-2010, 07:16 PM
I don't think the Pats ever want to pay guys that they can get something for, but they don't admit big money mistakes very often. Not giving a guy money in the first place is one thing, but they've already paid Cassel a shit ton.
Give me one example. One. Of a mistake that New England refused to admit.
The best you can come up with is Adalius Thomas, probably. Nevermind that he was benched and that he had a signing bonus that made him very expensive to cut.

If there's one thing Pioli proved time and time again in New England, and you can interpret as good or bad if you want, is that he was notoriously stubborn with money. He traded Lawyer Milloy because he demanded more money. He played hardball with Ty Law well before his foot injury. He would often trade down in order to save just a little bit of money and stockpile picks.

So #1, I challenge you to find a single example where the Patriots clung to a mistake. #2, try to make the argument that Pioli throughout most of his Pats tenure wasn't a cheapskate.

Toad
09-18-2010, 07:36 PM
I will be very interested in Mallet's Wonderlic score. I don't have any proof, but he just does not sound very intelligent.

threebag02
09-18-2010, 07:37 PM

This. Cassel should feel obligated to offer up some of the cash he has already pocketed for STINKING UP THE FUCKING PLACE.

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-18-2010, 10:35 PM
iF Haley and Weis have to spend the rest of the year creating their entire gameplan around protecting Cassel then i would think they would tell Pioli to give it up. I mean so far the entire offensive gameplan is set up because they don't trust Cassel to do anything but the most basic throws and decisions. Apparently they think that Chambers is a decent enough receiver or they wouldn't of brought him back and then they grabbed DMC so this year is on Cassel. So far they are acting like our starting QB got hurt and we had to bring in a rookie 7th round draft pick who never got any reps.

sanchez and cassel have the same gameplan

If it doesn't improve we HAVE to cut our losses and move on.

Right. And here's the difference:

Unlike the N'yets who have buried themselves in self-hype and self-grandeur, WE can still be VERY businesslike about this fuck-up, cut bait, and head down the road to a much better place.

When and if you say your prayers, thank God for Pioli bringing Weis and Crennel to KC; Crennel has proven that if you give him talent, he can begin to build and show results. By comparison, Weis is hamstrung by Cassel.

Think about this:

There is NO OTHER PERSON on of ALL of God's Green Earth that Pioli could hire to replace Weis in an effort to "cover-up" or "try to improve"(Pt. II) this massive, QB fuck up.
NO other. NONE. This is it.

Cassel will flourish under Weis...or his ass IS gone. Period.

The Deal Is Done.

I was referring to the other personnel, beyond Pioli favorites, that have been axed like the Mad Queen giving orders from 'Alice In Wonderland'.

In this case, shit rolls UPHILL; there's a vibe of confidence that's starting to grow now. Do you, as the GM of this team, cultivate that vibe or hamstring it? If you're responsible and skilled, the answer is a loud and unequivocal "NO".

This is a team that is building for a long, uninterrupted haul.

With that in mind, I favor the Cassel signing over the draft because there was NO way we could get Stafford(the best choice by far), and Cassel with his front-loaded contract is a fiscally responsible way for Scott to fill an immediate void and allow him to keep his eyes open as the better prospects become available.

As negative as I have been, I can see that "our thing" is going to work over the long-haul.

I don't like Mallet as much as Stafford, Sanchez or Luck but he is a much better prospect than Clausen or Locker. I would draft him for sure. He is going to be a pretty good player.

I'm starting to get a little high on that fucker myself. :thumb:

B_Ambuehl
09-18-2010, 10:57 PM
The worst thing that could happen to this football team is an 8-8 performance and an average 3200 yd 20TD 14 INT year by Cassell. Anything positive Cassell contributes will be seen with rose colored glasses by the front office and they'll NEVER get rid of him. Y'all better hope Cassell sux it up big time becuase if he doesn't you're stuck with him for a good while longer.

There are 2 main problems with this team:

A: Front office overly married to their good ol' boy network and 'system" - failure to admit mistakes

B: Based on his actions Clark wants to spend as little as possible while still looking somewhat "competitive" - in that order. The Chiefs are an estimated $30 million below last years salary floor in team spending so you know they're not all that serious about investing in the product out on the field.

A semi-competitive 8-8 just gives them both more affirmation to keep doing the same thing.

Finishing 3-13 or 5-11 is the only way to force this front office and ownership to change their approach.

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-18-2010, 11:04 PM
The worst thing that could happen to this football team is an 8-8 performance and an average 3200 yd 20TD 14 INT year by Cassell.

ROFL And I thought I loved dreaming!

Not happening, because the talent just isn't there. Fear NOT.

mcaj22
09-18-2010, 11:14 PM
You could almost say the Pats are even more stubborn now Post-Pioli-

Traded away Seymour last year
Traded away Maroney this year
and contract problems with Mankins.

Don't just throw this all on Pioli, that franchise is still doing what it does, and even to a worse extent now, don't just assume Pioli will do that here, I mean he might, but it's not like the Pats stopped being a team that cuts ties with failed players, projects, draft picks, etc to save money or just part ways altogether. They still do it, so these examples of when Pioli was there are almost moot.

BryanBusby
09-18-2010, 11:59 PM
You could almost say the Pats are even more stubborn now Post-Pioli-

Traded away Seymour last year
Traded away Maroney this year
and contract problems with Mankins.

Don't just throw this all on Pioli, that franchise is still doing what it does, and even to a worse extent now, don't just assume Pioli will do that here, I mean he might, but it's not like the Pats stopped being a team that cuts ties with failed players, projects, draft picks, etc to save money or just part ways altogether. They still do it, so these examples of when Pioli was there are almost moot.

Stubborn? They flat out robbed the Raiders in that Seymour trade.

CoMoChief
09-19-2010, 02:33 AM
Shit I was waching Gabbert tonite and I noticed 2 things.

ONE:
He has a god damn nuclear Chuck Norris Laser Cannon as an arm.

TWO:
He needs to be more accurate.
(Most of his passes tonite were dropped, so mostly it wasn't his fault). But he's hada problem hitting open receivers since HS. Big cannon, kinda wild is what his profile was.