PDA

View Full Version : Obama Do Not Blame Obama...so says Sebelius

HonestChieffan
09-10-2010, 10:55 PM
Kathleen warns the Insurance folks. Good move. Threaten Industry you depend on to carry out your nefarious plan. Now, what to do? Lets get a new Czar to edit press releases and annual reports. Dear Leader must not be blamed.Truth must be controlled for the little people.

More evidence fear has set in and illogical moves like this will become more and more common.

HHS to insurers: Don't blame us for your rates

By RICARDO ALONSO-ZALDIVAR, Associated Press Writer Thu Sep 9, 5:30 pm ET
WASHINGTON President Barack Obama's top health official on Thursday warned the insurance industry that the administration won't tolerate blaming premium hikes on the new health overhaul law.
"There will be zero tolerance for this type of misinformation and unjustified rate increases," Health and Human Services Secretary Kathleen Sebelius said in a letter to the insurance lobby.
"Simply stated, we will not stand idly by as insurers blame their premium hikes and increased profits on the requirement that they provide consumers with basic protections," Sebelius said. She warned that bad actors may be excluded from new health insurance markets that will open in 2014 under the law. They'd lose out on a big pool of customers, as many as 30 million people nationwide.
The letter to America's Health Insurance Plans was the latest volley in a war of words over who gets the blame for rising premiums. Polls show that many people expect their costs to go up as a result of the law, but there's also widespread mistrust of the insurance industry.
An HHS official said the letter is a pre-emptive move, after the department learned that several smaller carriers around the country are blaming the new law for rate increases this year.
The industry's top lobbyist responded that the health care law is a factor behind higher rates, but not the only one.
"Health insurance premiums are increasing because of soaring prices for medical services, the impact of younger and healthier people dropping their insurance during the weak economy, and additional benefits required under the new law," said Karen Ignagni, president of the insurers' trade group. "It's a basic law of economics that additional benefits incur additional costs."
Sebelius asked Ignagni to help stop "misinformation and scare tactics."
Although the law's big expansion of coverage under the law won't take place until 2014, several new benefits go into effect starting later this month. Lifetime dollar caps on coverage are abolished, and plans must allow parents to keep their children on the policy up to age 26. Many plans will also have to guarantee coverage for children regardless of a medical condition, and provide preventive care with no cost-sharing for the patient.
The administration estimates that those new benefits will raise premiums by no more than 1 to 2 percent. Major benefit consulting companies say the impact will be in the single digits, although it may vary considerably from plan to plan.
"Health plans will continue to do everything they can to incorporate all of these new benefits while keeping health care coverage as affordable as possible for families and employers," Ignagni said.
Unpredictable premium hikes are a constant worry for small businesses and people who buy coverage directly. Employees of large companies are generally shielded from big rate swings from year to year, although their costs also creep up.
Obama used premium hikes to his advantage earlier this year in the final push to get health care overhaul legislation through Congress.
After Anthem Blue Cross sought an increase of as much as 39 percent for some of its California customers who purchase coverage directly, the president made the company into a poster child for insurance problems. California regulators recently approved an increase averaging 14 percent for Anthem customers.
Analysts say the industry is generally in good financial condition this year, and that may help to keep premiums in check.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100909/ap_on_bi_ge/us_health_insurance_warning

ROYC75
09-11-2010, 01:55 PM
She's in over her head.

BucEyedPea
09-11-2010, 03:08 PM
She "WARNS" insurance folks? What is she, a Bolshevik? LMAO :banghead:

mlyonsd
09-11-2010, 03:41 PM
After watching Obama throw a baseball I'd probably be more worried about her kicking somebody's ass than him.

Brainiac
09-11-2010, 04:38 PM
The Thought Police would be proud.

eazyb81
09-11-2010, 04:51 PM
Sounds like something Cuba would do.

BigOlChiefsfan
09-11-2010, 09:48 PM
http://media.49abcnews.com/img/photos/2009/10/21/sebelius_t300.jpg?8aff03de2423e912a2467e97388a07f5331c05b6
BaRocky, You're gonna eat lightnin' and you're gonna crap thunder!

mikey23545
09-11-2010, 09:55 PM
First threats...then brownshirts from the SEIU...

petegz28
09-12-2010, 08:15 AM
So where is written that premiums can only go up 1%-2% a year? Isn't that basically price capping?

jjjayb
09-12-2010, 09:30 AM
Why blame Obama when you can still blame Bush for everything?

HonestChieffan
09-12-2010, 12:15 PM
Dont underestimate these people and the lengths they will go to to impose their will .

BucEyedPea
09-12-2010, 01:41 PM
Dont underestimate these people and the lengths they will go to to impose their will .

Hmmm.....tapping fingers!!! ( Thinkin' of the ME)

eazyb81
09-12-2010, 02:47 PM
So where is written that premiums can only go up 1%-2% a year? Isn't that basically price capping?

Especially when healthcare expenditures are expected to increase at least 8%-10% annually even after healthcare reform legislation.

mlyonsd
09-12-2010, 03:10 PM
Insurance companies are forced to cover kids up to 26 and the administration thinks their costs will only go up 1 or 2%?

The amdministration is either lying or stupid.

HonestChieffan
09-12-2010, 04:00 PM
and it has not even begun to hit the system....danger ahead.

go bowe
09-12-2010, 07:28 PM
Insurance companies are forced to cover kids up to 26 and the administration thinks their costs will only go up 1 or 2%?

The amdministration is either lying or stupid.you're much too generous...

the correct answer is both...

alanm
09-12-2010, 10:24 PM

The amdministration is either lying or stupid. I'm running with stupid.

chiefsnorth
09-13-2010, 11:09 AM
Who does this idiot think she's fooling? This administration has gone from being a bad joke to something much worse.

It feels like you're waiting for the Herm Edwards era to end again.

vailpass
09-13-2010, 12:50 PM
Where the hell is Orange with his canned talking points to show you all how wrong you are?

Velvet_Jones
09-13-2010, 01:53 PM
Well - living in Kansas, this gray haired bitch has a history of lying. Just like that stupid cunt from Missouri.

The Mad Crapper
09-28-2010, 10:27 AM
Public restrooms have new signs posted over the hot air hand dryers: "Please push button and listen for a short message from the President."

There's nothing like "hot air" and the smell of crap to give you that true Obama experience.

Brainiac
10-15-2010, 09:14 AM
It's open enrollment time for health care benefits, and I am comparing what I will pay for family coverage in 2011 compared to what I paid in 2010.

Shhhhh. Please don't tell Sebelius that I am saying this, as I don't want the Thought Police to come get me.

My rates are going up 10%. This is by far the biggest annual increase we've ever had. Changes to the plan in 2011 include bullsh*t things like covering dependent "children" until they are 26 freaking years old. :cuss:

Thank you Obamacare.

petegz28
10-15-2010, 09:16 AM
It's open enrollment time for health care benefits, and I am comparing what I will pay for family coverage in 2011 compared to what I paid in 2010.

Shhhhh. Please don't tell Sebelius that I am saying this, as I don't want the Thought Police to come get me.

My rates are going up 10%. This is by far the biggest annual increase we've ever had. Changes to the plan in 2011 include bullsh*t things like covering dependent "children" until they are 26 freaking years old. :cuss:

Thank you Obamacare.

But, but, but...Obama said your company's insurance costs would drop by 3000%!!!

petegz28
10-15-2010, 09:20 AM
Braniac is lying!!!! YOU LIAR!!! I am calling Kitty-Kat and ratting you out!!

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/lUd-slJc-GY?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/lUd-slJc-GY?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

Brainiac
10-15-2010, 09:21 AM
Oh wait. I forgot that I can just do what Orange proposes: drop my group plan and get health care much cheaper by just buying it as an individual.

:facepalm:

mlyonsd
10-15-2010, 10:22 AM

Thank you Obamacare.

You rich folk really shouldn't complain about buying health care for everyone else. Tacky.

chiefsnorth
10-15-2010, 10:42 AM

Thank you Obamacare.

Shut up. We have to make sure we cover 26 year olds living in their parents' basement, "undocumented Americans", abortions, etc... You greedy aholes with your Cadillac plans you get by working.. You need to have some skin in the game.

tmh
10-15-2010, 04:21 PM
everytime this bitch opens her mouth i am embarrassed to live in a state that elected her

Velvet_Jones
10-15-2010, 05:07 PM
FYI - I had to raise my employees insurance 18.5% this year because of pre-x and the 26 child age and the total clusterfuck of other services that have been opened up with no limitations. And our long term plans as a company is to remove ourselves from the fully insured business by the end of 2013. We find no reasonable business plan that can accomplish what these dumb asses have enacted. We have found some loop holes that were strictly created for Blue Cross and Blue Shield and other non profits.

This is the stupidest thing I have ever witnessed.

So anyone who owns a small company that already supplies health insurance to your employees - good lock - there is going to be no competitive bidding - just like Obama wanted. You are going to be "in the system" so to speak.

Yes - health INSURANCE - is no longer health insurance, its a way to not take responsibility for you own health.

Good luck dumbass liberals.

Saul Good
10-15-2010, 05:35 PM
Shut up. We have to make sure we cover 26 year olds living in their parents' basement, "undocumented Americans", abortions, etc... You greedy aholes with your Cadillac plans you get by working.. You need to have some skin in the game.

What's worse is that you have to cover them even if they are married with kids. You could have a kid that got married at 20 years old, has a full-time job and 2 kids. It doesn't matter. The insurance companies have to cover them as a dependent.

Bwana
10-15-2010, 06:31 PM
After watching Obama throw a baseball I'd probably be more worried about her kicking somebody's ass than him.

ROFL