PDA

View Full Version : Football MN Gophers lose to USD Coyotes???

Mr. Kotter
09-11-2010, 11:11 PM
Seriously??? (USD, as in South-fuggin-Dakota, not San Diego...heh)

And some dumb-fuggs here thought the NDSU win over KU (and it's turn-overs) last week was a "fluke."

Go, Coyotes!!!

Reerun_KC
09-11-2010, 11:13 PM
It's insane this year.

SNR
09-11-2010, 11:16 PM
I was a University of North Dakota fan growing up, back in the North Central Conference in Division II football. USD consistently got blown out by UND, NDSU, Nebraska-Omaha, and any good or halfway decent football teams. They almost always finished in the BOTTOM of that conference in Division II.

They move to Division I and beat Minnesota.

Go figure. Minnesota fucking sucks, but that's still not a good excuse

Reaper16
09-11-2010, 11:17 PM
I love seeing former D2 schools kick ass and take D1 names. GODAKOTA

Mr. Kotter
09-11-2010, 11:19 PM
I was a University of North Dakota fan growing up, back in the North Central Conference in Division II football. USD consistently got blown out by UND, NDSU, Nebraska-Omaha, and any good or halfway decent football teams. They almost always finished in the BOTTOM of that conference in Division II.

They move to Division I and beat Minnesota.

Go figure. Minnesota ****ing sucks, but that's still not a good excuse

Mierkort has USD on the rise...check LAST year. I know for a ND fan, that's hard to take, heh. But the SD schools are catching up to the ND schools and even as they make the transition to Division I, they are earning respectability more quickly than I ever envisioned. Seriously. Wow.

Pitt Gorilla
09-11-2010, 11:20 PM
NDSU's win wasn't a fluke, but they really aren't that good either. Their lines were absolutely dominated tonight by UNI. NDSU had ~ -40 yards rushing.

Mr. Kotter
09-11-2010, 11:24 PM
Truth be told, in this thread....I have a 9th grade son, whose playin' on the Soph squad for the state's number one FB program, and I'm hoping he qualifies for a scholarship (barring career ending injury, of course) to play college ball. And, even as a Jayhawk alum and fan (and he, at the moment WANTS to play at KU) I'd love nothing more than for him to decide to stay and play "in-state."

If this mini-trend continues, he just may...which would make this proud dad, very happy. Heh.

It's a lot of 'what-ifs' at this point, but I'd prefer the 1 hour drive to Brookings or Vermillion, instead of a 7 hour drive to Lawrence. Heh.

;)

Mr. Kotter
09-11-2010, 11:25 PM
NDSU's win wasn't a fluke, but they really aren't that good either. Their lines were absolutely dominated tonight by UNI. NDSU had ~ -40 yards rushing.

UNI is a bit ahead of the curve for the former Div II schools from the Dakotas who are now Div I....and they are a model for what those schools aspire to: congrats.

SNR
09-12-2010, 12:18 AM
Mierkort has USD on the rise...check LAST year. I know for a ND fan, that's hard to take, heh. But the SD schools are catching up to the ND schools and even as they make the transition to Division I, they are earning respectability more quickly than I ever envisioned. Seriously. Wow.Oh, I believed it last year. All those Dakota teams that made the transition are doing very well for themselves. That's what I like to see.

UND still sucks in basketball, but eh... what can ya do.

Chocolate Hog
09-12-2010, 02:38 AM
What do you expect when Kevin Cosgrove is your d-cordinator?