PDA

View Full Version : Football nfl redzone

cabletech94
09-12-2010, 02:15 PM
HO-LEEEE-CRAP.

how did i ever live without this?
i may have to reevaluate my lovelife, between wife (who had been #1).

'scuss.

Saulbadguy
09-12-2010, 02:21 PM
Can you get this channel on DirecTV? I don't see it in the line up.

cabletech94
09-12-2010, 02:22 PM

dont have the direct.
straight cable,son.

kstater
09-12-2010, 02:24 PM
Is it worth the $50 per season it's offered here for?

DaFace
09-12-2010, 02:26 PM

No. DTV has its own version that is part of NFLST.
Posted via Mobile Device

cabletech94
09-12-2010, 02:27 PM
Is it worth the $50 per season it's offered here for?

no commercials. whatsoever.

have seen EVERY touchdown of the day, so far. some live, some 2-3 seconds after the live occurance.

haven't talked to the wife or played with the son all day.

this may lead to a divorce post later. :bang:

kstater
09-12-2010, 02:28 PM
Posted via Mobile Device

Would you pay $50 for the service?

Shag
09-12-2010, 02:35 PM

You can see it this week for free on 703. Amazing channel...

Saulbadguy
09-12-2010, 02:40 PM
Posted via Mobile Device

That sucks. I want the Red Zone channel but don't want to pay the ridiculous price for Sunday Ticket.

Priest31kc
09-12-2010, 02:44 PM
Yes, RedZone is amazing!!! No commercials, constant football, all the games. Best channel EVAR!!!

kstater
09-12-2010, 02:50 PM
1 3 minute phone call to
http://newsthatsfittoprint.files.wordpress.com/2008/04/oface.jpg

kstater
09-12-2010, 03:01 PM
http://api.ning.com/files/Xwm-1gHSo50o8Fs3vpAjk6rBaE3XFQrysd-I2EW80X5aFEXrvYgxHQRBIa7YXHUdT1s5rbv4JdIZJ2bL8-JnLdGUySThDpys/RandyMarshJizz.jpg

Spott
09-12-2010, 03:44 PM
I just got a free trial of this today. What a great channel. Can you order this service instead of the full Sunday ticket?

Shag
09-12-2010, 03:46 PM
I just got a free trial of this today. What a great channel. Can you order this service instead of the full Sunday ticket?

Nope.

arrowheadnation
09-12-2010, 03:46 PM
Well worth the $50. It's a must have if you have a fantasy team. When the chiefs play on Sunday, I use my tv's built in split screen. It's freaking money!

steve_minor
09-12-2010, 03:48 PM
I had it last year ... I loved it!!! After the 1st hour this year ... I forgot how awesome and totally worth the $$ it is. :drool:

arrowheadnation
09-12-2010, 03:51 PM
You can already see it coming. DirecTV is going to end up sewing the NFL over this channel, after all the money they paid for the NFL rights. People are going to be dropping direcTV and going elsewhere. A few of my buddies that have dTV only have it because of Sunday ticket. Why pay Sunday ticket prices when you can pay $50 and still see all the big plays from every game?

Deberg_1990
09-12-2010, 05:16 PM
You can already see it coming. DirecTV is going to end up sewing the NFL over this channel, after all the money they paid for the NFL rights. People are going to be dropping direcTV and going elsewhere. A few of my buddies that have dTV only have it because of Sunday ticket. Why pay Sunday ticket prices when you can pay $50 and still see all the big plays from every game?

I have UVerse and its even cheaper. Only $5 bucks a month and you get 3 or 4 other HD Premium channels with it.

So it comes out being only $25 for 5 months, if you cancel the service after the NFL season is over.

theultimatekcchiefsfan
09-12-2010, 06:38 PM
I have been watching redzone all day on the computer for free. One pretty high quality feed and one average quality. No buffering on either one. Pretty easy to find if you are looking.

wutamess
09-12-2010, 06:40 PM
no commercials. whatsoever.

have seen EVERY touchdown of the day, so far. some live, some 2-3 seconds after the live occurance.

haven't talked to the wife or played with the son all day.

this may lead to a divorce post later. :bang:

This! Don't think I've watched a single game all day... just RZ channel

Holy Shit![/Rex Ryan]

Shag
09-12-2010, 06:41 PM

If all I had were big plays, I wouldn't be able to see the Chiefs much. :banghead: I would imagine that displaced fans are a huge portion of the ST subscriber base, in which case just having the RZ channel wouldn't allow them to really watch their team. I love the RZ channel, and watch it when the Chiefs aren't playing, but I get ST to watch the Chiefs...

Short Leash Hootie
09-12-2010, 06:44 PM
free last year...

pay this year?

gay

GoTrav
09-12-2010, 06:49 PM

can on U-Verse

Spott
09-12-2010, 06:52 PM
can on U-Verse

They don't have it where I live because I live just over the limit from the closest Vrad. It kind of sucks because I'd get an employee discount on it, too.

dannybcaitlyn
09-12-2010, 07:17 PM
I watched it most of the day on my DROID X thru Verizon Nfl app. Had sunday ticket on the flat screen and had cell kicking the whole time on redzone. It's $10 extra a month on my cell. You also get NFL network and thursday and sunday night games. Pretty cool.

DaFace
09-12-2010, 09:52 PM
Would you pay $50 for the service?

Sorry...just now getting back to a computer for the day...

First, a point of clarification. There are two different channels referred to as "Red Zone." The first has been around for years on DirecTV and is part of the NFLST package (DirecTV Red Zone). The second was just started just last year (after the contracts were redone) and is put on by the NFL Network (NFL Red Zone). The latter is NOT available on DirecTV (since they want you to pay for NFLST), but is available on most other cable/satellite providers. The cost varies by provider - it's not set by the NFL.

To answer your question, since I have access to full games, I actually don't like Red Zone that much. I watch it here and there, but I like actually getting a feel for a game rather than essentially watching highlights all day long. It's hard to really get into for me because there's no "storyline" if that makes sense.

However, if I didn't have NFLST, and the games I have access to suck, it would be nice to have every once in a while. I probably wouldn't pay $50 for it, but that's just me. It certainly wouldn't be a viable replacement for a way of watching the Chiefs or anything.

Just my opinion.

-King-
09-12-2010, 09:55 PM
Sorry...just now getting back to a computer for the day...

First, a point of clarification. There are two different channels referred to as "Red Zone." The first has been around for years on DirecTV and is part of the NFLST package (DirecTV Red Zone). The second was just started just last year (after the contracts were redone) and is put on by the NFL Network (NFL Red Zone). The latter is NOT available on DirecTV (since they want you to pay for NFLST), but is available on most other cable/satellite providers. The cost varies by provider - it's not set by the NFL.

To answer your question, since I have access to full games, I actually don't like Red Zone that much. I watch it here and there, but I like actually getting a feel for a game rather than essentially watching highlights all day long. It's hard to really get into for me because there's no "storyline" if that makes sense.

However, if I didn't have NFLST, and the games I have access to suck, it would be nice to have every once in a while. I probably wouldn't pay $50 for it, but that's just me. It certainly wouldn't be a viable replacement for a way of watching the Chiefs or anything.

Just my opinion.

:clap::clap::clap: I feel the exact same way.

DaFace
09-12-2010, 09:57 PM

Na, I'm 90% sure I read that the new channel was specifically negotiated as part of the most recent NFLST contracts, so no suing here.