PDA

View Full Version : Fantasy Football Fantasy Trade Advice

The Bad Guy
09-13-2010, 10:48 AM
I scored 140 yesterday but I'm always looking to upgrade.

I've been offered Knowshon Moreno (oh the irony)

for

CJ Spiller and Mark Clayton.

I have no trust in Chan Gailey or that situation in Buffalo.

Would you make this trade?

Hydrae
09-13-2010, 11:00 AM
I scored 140 yesterday but I'm always looking to upgrade.

I've been offered Knowshon Moreno (oh the irony)

for

CJ Spiller and Mark Clayton.

I have no trust in Chan Gailey or that situation in Buffalo.

Would you make this trade?

No, Spiller is about the only one that will do anything there in Buffalo so should provide solid points every week. Not sure why you even have Clayton on your roster anyway.

Mile High Mania
09-13-2010, 11:02 AM
Depends on the dynamics of the league... but, I might do the deal especially if it's not a keeper league. The WR is a wasted roster spot, no loss there...

BUF is in a more difficult division...

The Bad Guy
09-13-2010, 11:02 AM
No, Spiller is about the only one that will do anything there in Buffalo so should provide solid points every week. Not sure why you even have Clayton on your roster anyway.

We are a deep receiver league and he had 10 catches yesterday.

He's by far Bradford's favorite target.

Deberg_1990
09-13-2010, 11:03 AM
Not sure why you even have Clayton on your roster anyway.

Clayton had 10 catches yesterday for 140 yards or so. Hes Bradfords only real option right now.

Mile High Mania
09-13-2010, 11:03 AM
And, let me say that yes - Clayton did do very well yesterday, but will he be consistent and will you ever start him? How deep is your WR depth?

The Bad Guy
09-13-2010, 11:05 AM
Depends on the dynamics of the league... but, I might do the deal especially if it's not a keeper league. The WR is a wasted roster spot, no loss there...

BUF is in a more difficult division...

It's a one-player keeper league.

My current RBs are:

Matt Forte
CJ Spiller
Marion Barber
Brandon Jacobs
Chester Taylor

I think Clayton has some value based on 16 targets and 10 catches yesterday, but the Rams won't throw 55 times again.

I'm learning toward taking it because I really need someone I can guarantee 15 carries out of for my 2nd back.

It's half a point PPR, 10 yards per point receiving/rushing and 5 point bonus for 100 rushing/receiving.

Brock
09-13-2010, 11:05 AM
Spiller is going to require some patience on your part, but when he hits his stride, he'll be twice the RB Moreno is.

The Bad Guy
09-13-2010, 11:06 AM
And, let me say that yes - Clayton did do very well yesterday, but will he be consistent and will you ever start him? How deep is your WR depth?

Randy Moss
Steve Smith (NYG)
Wes Welker
Mike Williams (TB)
Johnny Knox
Deion Branch
Mark Clayton
Demariyus Thomas

rambleonthruthefog
09-13-2010, 11:06 AM
my WR are a joke. i'll be trying to pick up clayton in my league. course there are 14 teams and i'm 12th on the waiver wire so i prob wont get him. that being said, i'd probably make the trade if your shallow at WR. a no brainer if moreno is one of your backups.

The Bad Guy
09-13-2010, 11:07 AM
Spiller is going to require some patience on your part, but when he hits his stride, he'll be twice the RB Moreno is.

That's what I'm thinking as well.

I tried offering Barber/Clayton but he didn't want it.

DaKCMan AP
09-13-2010, 11:07 AM
Personally, I wouldn't do the trade. Nor would I overreact after a single game.

The Bad Guy
09-13-2010, 11:09 AM
Personally, I wouldn't do the trade. Nor would I overreact after a single game.

I'm trying to look long term to be honest. I know I can't ride Barber and Jacobs down the stretch if Spiller stumbles. It's more about having options down the road.

Mile High Mania
09-13-2010, 11:15 AM
I'm trying to look long term to be honest. I know I can't ride Barber and Jacobs down the stretch if Spiller stumbles. It's more about having options down the road.

Yeah ... I might just hold off on the trade for now.

Next 3 games:

Spiller - @GB / @ NE / vs NYJ
Clayton - @ Oak / vs WAS / vs SEA

Moreno - vs SEA / vs Indy / @ TEN

Nothing grand with any of the 3... Clayton may have the better matchups, so hold on to him and Spiller and maybe in a month you can flip them for something else.

DaKCMan AP
09-13-2010, 11:19 AM
Yeah ... I might just hold off on the trade for now.

Next 3 games:

Spiller - @GB / @ NE / vs NYJ
Clayton - @ Oak / vs WAS / vs SEA

Moreno - vs SEA / vs Indy / @ TEN

Nothing grand with any of the 3... Clayton may have the better matchups, so hold on to him and Spiller and maybe in a month you can flip them for something else.

Going a little further, after @ TEN Moreno & the Donks play the Jets, Baltimore, Oakland, and 49ers D's whereas Spiller will face Jax, Baltimore, bye, and KC

The Bad Guy
09-13-2010, 11:25 AM
I told him Marion Barber and Clayton was my best offer for Moreno.

DaKCMan AP
09-13-2010, 11:30 AM
I told him Marion Barber and Clayton was my best offer for Moreno.

That's a much better deal. You'd keep both players that have upside.

Tuckdaddy
09-13-2010, 11:31 AM
We are a deep receiver league and he had 10 catches yesterday.

He's by far Bradford's favorite target.

He is worth keeping. Bradford will throw to him constantly

The Bad Guy
09-13-2010, 12:46 PM
He is worth keeping. Bradford will throw to him constantly

I agree he will throw to him constantly, but as it stands right now, long term, I'd rather have Mike Williams and Knox over him.

I like Moreno a lot more than Marion right now as well.