PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Charles refers to himself as...

NIUhuskies
09-19-2010, 03:21 PM
the BACKUP running back... fucking ridiculous! It doesnt sound like this is boding too well for Charles confidence. The kid is nothing but spectacular when given his chance last yr, and what do we do? Sign someone else and give him only 11 touches a game. I like TJ, but this is just stupid

Sunday, Sep 19 at 3:47pm

Charles had 11 carries for 49 yards and added a 27-yard reception in Sunday's win over the Browns. After the game, he referred to himself as the Chiefs' "backup" running back, the Kansas City Star's Kent Babb reports.

Analysis: Why, Todd Haley, why? Haley and offensive coordinator Charlie Weis seem stubbornly committed to force-feeding the ball to Thomas Jones (22 carries) while leaving the faster and more explosive Charles woefully underused. Sure, the Chiefs are 2-0, but it's not because of their offense, and it's hard to argue that getting Charles closer to 20 touches a game wouldn't inject some much-needed life into Kansas City's offensive attack. Charles owners, you have every right to be upset right now, but it's not time to panic just yet. We still have hope that Charles' talent will help him rise to the top eventually.

Reerun_KC
09-19-2010, 03:22 PM
Repost.....

grandllama
09-19-2010, 03:23 PM
The balance needs to be worked out. Word / Okoye style.

Micjones
09-19-2010, 03:28 PM
Definitely needs more touches.
Should be getting 15-18 carries and 3-5 catches per game.

And this is coming from someone who is happy to have Thomas Jones.

Use Charles to get the lead. Use Jones to keep it.

Molitoth
09-19-2010, 03:30 PM
It's doesn't matter how many times they give him the ball. They just need to give him the ball in a circumstance where it isn't predictable and stupid.

RedThat
09-19-2010, 03:37 PM
Playmakers will at times complain. Charles is no different. However, Im beginning to see why the Chiefs signed Jones. He gives them a little more power in their running game, something Charles can't provide.

Having Jones and Charles in the backfield is an excellent combination of both power and speed. Charles is excellent, he is the homerun guy, but you need that guy who can grind it out for you. That is important because if he moves the chains, he dictates the tempo and controls the flow of the game for you. That serves the team well and works in their favor. I thought last year, that was something we lacked as a team.

*It really comes down to having that "right" balance. We have that this year in our running game.

MichaelH
09-19-2010, 03:55 PM
He should be getting more carries. But I sorta like the idea of still winning without running him into the ground. When he is needed, he will be fresh.

kysirsoze
09-19-2010, 04:18 PM
Playmakers will at times complain. Charles is no different. However, Im beginning to see why the Chiefs signed Jones. He gives them a little more power in their running game, something Charles can't provide.

Having Jones and Charles in the backfield is an excellent combination of both power and speed. Charles is excellent, he is the homerun guy, but you need that guy who can grind it out for you. That is important because if he moves the chains, he dictates the tempo and controls the flow of the game for you. That serves the team well and works in their favor. I thought last year, that was something we lacked as a team.

*It really comes down to having that "right" balance. We have that this year in our running game.

I don't think he's complaining. Just pointing out that backup is his role.

Chocolate Hog
09-19-2010, 04:19 PM
He's always split carries you people who think he can touch the ball 20-25 times a game and play a whole season are morons.

beach tribe
09-19-2010, 05:07 PM
He's always split carries you people who think he can touch the ball 20-25 times a game and play a whole season are morons.

Well he might be able to do it for 1 season, but at the end of that season his body is battered, he's got 2000 APY, he wants Chris Johnson $$, and we have to pay it to him, or be crucified by the media for letting such a talent get away.

All in a season where we win 8 games.

The SB is the goal. Not getting back to 8-8.

Bane
09-19-2010, 05:09 PM

Just FYI,I called for a 65/35 with him and TJ and maybe sneak a lil Battle in here and there as well.:thumb:
Wait guess that means more like 60/30 with 10 left for Battle!LMAO

Fumblerooski
09-19-2010, 05:23 PM
He should be getting more carries. But I sorta like the idea of still winning without running him into the ground. When he is needed, he will be rusty and doubting his abilities.

Fyp