PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs How do we match up with the 49ers next week?

Chiefs Pantalones
09-19-2010, 08:56 PM
I'm kinda nervous because they'll be coming in likely 0-2.

-King-
09-19-2010, 08:57 PM
Would you feel better if they were coming in 2-0?

Spott
09-19-2010, 08:58 PM
Well, their QB sucks at least as much as ours.

Chiefs Pantalones
Would you feel better if they were coming in 2-0?

Actually yes. They wouldn't be as desperate.

Saul Good
I like the fact that it's a noon game. That's 10:00 AM their time. Also, their QB sucks as bad as ours.

Chiefs Pantalones
09-19-2010, 09:00 PM
I like the fact that it's a noon game. That's 10:00 AM their time. Also, their QB sucks as bad as ours.

So Alex Smith isn't on the list of 40 QBs that are better than Cassel I take it?

milkman
09-19-2010, 09:01 PM
These teams mirror each other to some extent.

They have a good running game with Gore, and play good defense, they are stronger in front, we ar better in the secondary.

It could come down to which mediocre QB steps up and makes some plays, and given that the 9ers have a short week, theChiefs are 2-0, and Arrowhead will be rocking, I like our chances.

Priest31kc
09-19-2010, 09:03 PM
They'll be coming off a short week, and maybe a big loss at home to go to 0-2. Yeah, they'll be desperate, but not very confident either. I dont care if they're 0-2 or 1-1 really. But it'll be a short week, and they'll be on the road at a loud Arrowhead. You know Arrowhead is gunna be rockin. We'll see how they look tomorrow night before I make any predictions or anything. But being at home is big, we have a legit shot @ 3-0 next week. Crazy.

tk13
09-19-2010, 09:04 PM
72 ml.

Saul Good
09-19-2010, 09:06 PM
The real question is what OL, DE, QB, and DT prospects are going to be in the draft next year. Someone should start several threads on the topic.

DTLB58
09-19-2010, 09:09 PM

Probably have to wait and see how the Niners play Monday night but it could be the same situation as the opener against the Chargers. The home crowd could give some extra juice to the D and ST to get a score/TO's to squeak out the win.

RippedmyFlesh
09-19-2010, 09:15 PM
The oline actually protected well if cassell stops double/triple clutching and throws the f#$%ing ball we can win. I am hoping berry keeps improving because davis could hurt us.
Singletary is marty like so if our run defense is good it takes Singletary out of his comfort zone. I like our chances much better than before the season when I thought this game would be a loss. Today's win is huge for the fan base so I expect the old/new arrowhead which can rattle smith. 1 score from ST or D and KC wins.

chiefzilla1501
09-19-2010, 09:22 PM

This is a matchup I'm not overly worried about for a lot of reasons.
#1 - They're playing at Arrowhead for a crowd that has been dying for a 2-0 team. They're going to be really fucking loud.
#2 - I think they're going to get wrecked by New Orleans and if they do, that's really tough to get trounced two weeks in a row. Going 0-2 can either get you even more pumped up, or it can be an emotional drain.
#3 - They're playing Monday night and are going to have travel a very long way to get to KC. It's not just a short week. It's a very, very short week. The Chiefs will have had 2 extra days of gameplanning than SF.
#4 - Chiefs are going into the bye week the week after. You can bet they'll pull all the stops
#5 - Mike Singletary. I don't know that the guy is that good and I could easily see him as a coach whose shtick gets old when you're not winning games.

After the bye week, on the other hand... totally different situation.

DeezNutz
09-19-2010, 09:23 PM

They have a good running game with Gore, and play good defense, they are stronger in front, we ar better in the secondary.

It could come down to which mediocre QB steps up and makes some plays, and given that the 9ers have a short week, theChiefs are 2-0, and Arrowhead will be rocking, I like our chances.

Will they be accommodating and not put him in until the second quarter?

chiefzilla1501
09-19-2010, 09:25 PM
Probably have to wait and see how the Niners play Monday night but it could be the same situation as the opener against the Chargers. The home crowd could give some extra juice to the D and ST to get a score/TO's to squeak out the win.

The biggie is that the Chiefs are back in Kansas City right now. Getting a chance to rest and sleep comfortably. The 49ers are still preparing for New Orleans. And they're going to spend all night Monday travelling and sleeping uncomfortably (I imagine?).

They're going to be tired as shit. They're going to have a short week to gameplan. They're going to have 2 less days of rest. All these things should be pretty big advantages for us.

SDChiefs
09-19-2010, 09:27 PM

I disagree. Alex Smith could be good with the right coaching. I don't think Matt Cassel could be good with the help of God himself.

EDIT: Or herself. I don't wanna piss off the Planeteers over religious/sexist arguments. Go about your business.

DeezNutz
The biggie is that the Chiefs are back in Kansas City right now. Getting a chance to rest and sleep comfortably. The 49ers are still preparing for New Orleans. And they're going to spend all night Monday travelling and sleeping uncomfortably (I imagine?).

They're going to be tired as shit. They're going to have a short week to gameplan. They're going to have 2 less days of rest. All these things should be pretty big advantages for us.

Most overrated comment in the NFL. I do not believe in the "short week" theory. Complete and total bullshit, IMO, but it's so pervasive that it might provide a mental crutch/excuse for players/teams.

RedNFeisty

The Arrowhead crowd makes a large difference. The game today lacked luster and excitement, partly due to the lack of crowd involvement.

I say the Chiefs will take the 49'ers, especially since is at home.

Pablo
09-19-2010, 09:30 PM
I think we need to work to exploit their strong front 7 by handing the ball off to Castille exclusively until 2 minutes are left in the 4th. That'll show em.

Bearcat
09-19-2010, 09:36 PM

Tomorrow's game is in SF, and it's a 3.5 hour flight to KC... that stuff really shouldn't be a factor.

DeezNutz
09-19-2010, 09:37 PM
I think we need to work to exploit their strong front 7 by handing the ball off to Castille exclusively until 2 minutes are left in the 4th. That'll show em.

Good point. Not sure why we're wasting Jones at this point. Save him until it matters.

Pablo
09-19-2010, 09:40 PM
Good point. Not sure why we're wasting Jones at this point. Save him until it matters.Eric Berry and Brandon Flowers really ought to sit this one out. Washington and McGraw got it.

chiefzilla1501
09-19-2010, 09:41 PM
Most overrated comment in the NFL. I do not believe in the "short week" theory. Complete and total bullshit, IMO, but it's so pervasive that it might provide a mental crutch/excuse for players/teams.

It's definitely a disadvantage and a significant disadvantage when you have to travel halfway across the country.

The team doesn't start gameplanning until Tuesday morning (which can't be fun since just the night before, you were breaking your back for the team). The Chiefs are starting right now and they'll be well rested tomorrow (Monday morning). The 49ers will then have to travel east, which takes away precious practice time in an already shortened week.

Then you take into the account the fact that the 49ers will be playing on a 2-hour lag. So when the game starts, it's actually 11am Pacific Time.

Travelling on the road sucks as it is. It's a lot worse when you have all those things working against you.

milkman
Tomorrow's game is in SF, and it's a 3.5 hour flight to KC... that stuff really shouldn't be a factor.

I think the short week plays in more because the Chiefs get the day off tomorrow, the staff will begin it's gameplanning, and the team will get a couple of good practices in which to prepare.

The 9ers lose that day off, an that extra day of preparartion and practice for the game plan.

CaliforniaChief
In light of the stuff coming out of San Francisco about communication issues, particularly on offense, even more acutely their drunk old offensive coordinator....well they didn't handle Seattle's noise very well. I think Arrowhead plays a big role.

My concern? A lethargic start. San Francisco's defense has some pretty good playmakers who could take the crowd out early with a turnover deep in our territory, followed by a short-field touchdown.

My hope? That Charlie Weis takes a look at how Seattle clowned San Francisco's secondary with pump fakes. I can't tell you how many times they pump faked and then threw a perfect up route to a WR or even TE. Unfortunately Hasselbeck throws an accurate deep ball and Cassel doesn't.

It's a winnable game, but far from a gimme. If the 49'ers get blown out tomorrow night, don't count them out from rallying against us.

bowener
09-19-2010, 09:42 PM
I really want this next win. After watching the Colts D-line wake up tonight, I really do not want to see what Mathis is going to do to our RT... or Freeney on our LT.... and fuck, Cassel is pretty much a guarantee to have at least 1 fumble a game without being touched. I can't imagine what it will be like if we are forced to throw a lot.

Priest31kc
09-19-2010, 09:43 PM
This is a matchup I'm not overly worried about for a lot of reasons.
#1 - They're playing at Arrowhead for a crowd that has been dying for a 2-0 team. They're going to be really fucking loud.
#2 - I think they're going to get wrecked by New Orleans and if they do, that's really tough to get trounced two weeks in a row. Going 0-2 can either get you even more pumped up, or it can be an emotional drain.
#3 - They're playing Monday night and are going to have travel a very long way to get to KC. It's not just a short week. It's a very, very short week. The Chiefs will have had 2 extra days of gameplanning than SF.
#4 - Chiefs are going into the bye week the week after. You can bet they'll pull all the stops
#5 - Mike Singletary. I don't know that the guy is that good and I could easily see him as a coach whose shtick gets old when you're not winning games.

After the bye week, on the other hand... totally different situation.

Yeah...Im excited about being 2-0, and have a feeling we will be 3-0 (hopefully), and 3-0 is just awesome. But....if the offense plays like it has, and we dont give Charles the fucking ball, the Indy and Houston games on the road will not be pretty.

Bearcat
09-19-2010, 09:56 PM
I think the short week plays in more because the Chiefs get the day off tomorrow, the staff will begin it's gameplanning, and the team will get a couple of good practices in which to prepare.

The 9ers lose that day off, an that extra day of preparartion and practice for the game plan.

Of course, and every team that's ever played a MNF game or a Saturday game or a Thanksgiving Day game has dealt with it... and I'm sure the 49ers would rather have an extra day to prepare for the Saints at home and lose a day to just about anyone else than have it the other way around.

It's definitely a disadvantage and a significant disadvantage when you have to travel halfway across the country.

Then you take into the account the fact that the 49ers will be playing on a 2-hour lag. So when the game starts, it's actually 11am Pacific Time.

Travelling on the road sucks as it is. It's a lot worse when you have all those things working against you.

...but, as far as traveling east, jet lag, etc; I think it's all crap. I've seen the stats on west coast teams traveling east, whether it's college or the NFL, and it's mind boggling. How weak-minded and/or entrenched into routine must an athlete/team in superb physical condition be in order for 2 or 3 hours to throw off your game so much? If you want real stories about jet lag, I can give them to you from personal experience... flying from SF to KC should not be an excuse to play poorly, but according to some stats I've seen, apparently it is, which is really pathetic.

I'm not saying you're wrong, I'm saying I wish you were...

Mr. Flopnuts
09-19-2010, 09:56 PM
I need to get my hands on a ticket to this game.

Bozo1970
09-19-2010, 10:02 PM

lets do this shit!!!

DeezNutz
09-19-2010, 10:02 PM

Is there an easier game plan in the entire league, though? We cannot fucking pass, so that might eliminate some worries for SF.

Defensively, we don't have a single player that they really need to plan for. Hali? LMAO. He'll be the default answer in media meetings, but we know the legitimacy of those comments.

chiefzilla1501
09-19-2010, 10:04 PM
Of course, and every team that's ever played a MNF game or a Saturday game or a Thanksgiving Day game has dealt with it... and I'm sure the 49ers would rather have an extra day to prepare for the Saints at home and lose a day to just about anyone else than have it the other way around.

...but, as far as traveling east, jet lag, etc; I think it's all crap. I've seen the stats on west coast teams traveling east, whether it's college or the NFL, and it's mind boggling. How weak-minded and/or entrenched into routine must an athlete/team in superb physical condition be in order for 2 or 3 hours to throw off your game so much? If you want real stories about jet lag, I can give them to you from personal experience... flying from SF to KC should not be an excuse to play poorly, but according to some stats I've seen, apparently it is, which is really pathetic.

I'm not saying you're wrong, I'm saying I wish you were...

I've seen the stat too. I'd be curious to see if playing a game on Sunday night or Monday night makes any kind of a difference. I'd have to imagine one of the hardest things about the time change is getting your body and mind mentally prepared for the game. That's easy to do when you wake up at 8 or 9 in the morning. Probably a lot tougher to do when you wake up at 8 or 9 in the morning, but it feels like 6 or 7.

BWillie
09-19-2010, 10:05 PM
I really think the Chiefs are going to be favored by at least -3. Which is amazing in itself regardless who they play. If they don't make mistakes I don't see them losing next week.

ChiefaRoo
09-19-2010, 10:11 PM
We must break them.

chiefzilla1501
09-19-2010, 10:14 PM
I really think the Chiefs are going to be favored by at least -3. Which is amazing in itself regardless who they play. If they don't make mistakes I don't see them losing next week.

Agreed. But if SF doesn't seriously figure out their offensive playcalling situation, there's a chance that SF might make a ton of fuck-ups that would balance out our fuck-ups.

I think Arrowhead could make Alex Smith cry. Seattle is loud, but he aien't seen nothing yet.

Bearcat
09-19-2010, 10:27 PM
I have such fond memories of beating the 49ers, but haven't ever seen it in person.... Montana beating them in the early 90s, the 44-9 in the late 90s, the shutout a few years ago... good times.

DaneMcCloud
09-19-2010, 11:16 PM
I think the Chiefs have a 70% chance of winning next Sunday due to the short, emotional week that the 49ers will experience after playing the Saints tomorrow night, and the fact that the Arrowhead crowd will make it even more difficult for Jimmy Raye and the 49ers offense.

The real tests come against Houston and Indy.

BIG_DADDY
09-19-2010, 11:20 PM
I think the Chiefs have a 70% chance of winning next Sunday due to the short, emotional week that the 49ers will experience after playing the Saints tomorrow night, and the fact that the Arrowhead crowd will make it even more difficult for Jimmy Raye and the 49ers offense.

To stay on subject I agree with what you are saying. It could be a long night though if we don't tighten things up on the O end.

acesn8s
09-19-2010, 11:57 PM
I don't think the emotions or jet-lag or what ever makes a difference. The fact that the bruises endured Monday night will not have as much time to heal as the bruises from a Sunday game will make a difference. Even finely tuned athletes don't like to feel the pain from an old owie during a game.

BIG_DADDY
09-20-2010, 12:04 AM
I don't think the emotions or jet-lag or what ever makes a difference. The fact that the bruises endured Monday night will not have as much time to heal as the bruises from a Sunday game will make a difference. Even finely tuned athletes don't like to feel the pain from an old owie during a game.

You obviously never looked at stats regarding teams traveling east.

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-20-2010, 12:16 AM
Here's your match-up:

We are going to channel the Awesome Power of Arrowhead and DESTROY those fucking clowns.

To teh presses!

HBKChiefs
09-20-2010, 12:18 AM

The team doesn't start gameplanning until Tuesday morning (which can't be fun since just the night before, you were breaking your back for the team). The Chiefs are starting right now and they'll be well rested tomorrow (Monday morning). The 49ers will then have to travel east, which takes away precious practice time in an already shortened week.

Travelling on the road sucks as it is. It's a lot worse when you have all those things working against you. Actually it will be 10AM Pacific Time at kickoff.

BryanBusby
09-20-2010, 12:19 AM
The Chiefs will have to play much better next week if they want to go into the bye undefeated.

I think basically everyone is expecting the Saints to trash them on MNF. Starting 0-3, even in that weak ass division, would be a huge blow to a team that had lots of expectations this year.

The 49ers backs will be against the wall and they will be playing to save their season.

BryanBusby
09-20-2010, 12:19 AM
E: Hell yeah for double posts, without hitting the post button twice.

chiefzilla1501
09-20-2010, 12:47 AM

Agreed. For as pleasantly surprised as I've been with the defense, there's no way in hell we win based on how we played today.

Without a pass rush, Peyton and Schaub will eat us alive. And we can't afford to go 3 and out as much as we have against these times.

We all know this isn't a playoff team. I think there's a good chance we go 3-0 but I agree that those two games should bring us back to a sobering reality.

chiefzilla1501
09-20-2010, 12:49 AM
The Chiefs will have to play much better next week if they want to go into the bye undefeated.

I think basically everyone is expecting the Saints to trash them on MNF. Starting 0-3, even in that weak ass division, would be a huge blow to a team that had lots of expectations this year.

The 49ers backs will be against the wall and they will be playing to save their season.

I hear people say this a lot and I don't think that's always a positive. If San Fran gets trounced by New Orleans, that takes a huge hit to their confidence. I don't care if your back is against the wall, if you don't have confidence in your team's ability to win or your coaching staff's ability to get you there, you're fucked. And from the sound of it, especially on offense, these players are not responding well to the coaching.

beer bacon
09-20-2010, 01:11 AM
Also, teams that start 0-2 usually aren't very good. So, we will have that going for us.

Rudy lost the toss
09-20-2010, 01:30 AM
I have the feeling that Gore might be a broke dick

Ugly Duck
09-20-2010, 01:41 AM
If Crabtree screws up again on Monday night the 9ers might roll into Arrowhead with some serious morale problems. Players were seriously pissed at Crabtree for skipping practice & training camp (Diva syndrome). Then he screwed the pooch bigtime in Week 1, running the wrong routes, dropping balls, caught only 2 of 8, etc. Two of his fuggups resulted in INTs - one of which was run back for a TD. The whole team was steamed at the guy. If he does as poorly on Monday as he did in the first game, that team may be seriously distracted by the time they short-week it to KC.

jaa1025
09-20-2010, 03:10 AM
I like our chances. Not because we are world beaters because we're lucky to be 2-0 but because the 49ers:

-some bad locker room drama, which will likely get worse after they lose Monday.
-Shortened week (lose day of rest/prep)
-Travel (lose 1 day or 1/2 day of prep)
-Arrowhead will be rocking!
-we're 2-0 and we can't possibly be worse on offense...it can only get better
-They have Jimmy Freaking Raye as their OC
-Offense is about as bad as ours.

We are 2-0 with an offense that only has one way to go, and that's up. Predicting that this will be the coming out party for Charlie Weis' offense. Our defense is playing 3 rookies most of the time and they will only get better. Our special teams are amazing. Our team will come out with a ton of confidence and swagger. The 49ers have no chance.

SenselessChiefsFan
09-20-2010, 06:14 AM
Well, I did like the Chiefs chances until I came in here and read how everyone is thinking win.

I fully expect a very conservative approach to this game. The Chiefs defense and special teams are up to the task. So, I expect Herm lite on offense. Just make sure that we don't turn it over and we have a good chance to win this game. I am not saying I agree with this, just saying what I expect.

I think the 9ers will play all out and will have their backs against the wall. That scares me.

That is tempered by the short week, and the fact that they will be in Arrowhead.

If the Chiefs can stop Gore, especially early, the 9ers will start to try to force things. So, long as Berry stays home and plays sound, the Chiefs should have a pick or two again this week.

-King-
09-20-2010, 06:38 AM
Well, I did like the Chiefs chances until I came in here and read how everyone is thinking win.

I fully expect a very conservative approach to this game.

As opposed too...?
Posted via Mobile Device

Flachief58
09-20-2010, 09:22 AM
This is going to be another nailbiter. I don't think the 9er's are as bad as they looked last week, but they will be coming off of a monday night beatdown and will be welcomed by a fired up Arrowhead crowd. Hopefully the energy of being at home can propell us to another hard fought victory. 17-13 Chiefs

Saul Good
09-20-2010, 10:16 AM
SF doesn't have a very good track record at Arrowhead.

Deberg_1990
09-20-2010, 10:19 AM
Niners 19

Chiefs 10

Lzen
09-20-2010, 10:58 AM

I just picked up a pair from Ticketmaster on Saturday.

Dave Lane
09-20-2010, 12:51 PM
Jimmy Raye

This is all that needs to be said.

LocoChiefsFan
09-20-2010, 02:40 PM

10 am Pacific

Dave Lane
09-20-2010, 03:20 PM
With any luck the Saints beat them like a red haired step child and internal squabbling breaks out.

MOhillbilly
09-20-2010, 03:31 PM
With any luck the Saints beat them like a red haired step child and internal squabbling breaks out.

All signs point to yes.:)

Bane
09-20-2010, 03:38 PM

Agreed.They will get smashed something awful tonight on prime tiome tv and then all the infighting will..................................

Von Dumbass
09-20-2010, 09:35 PM
Not very well IMO. Their run defense is just too good for the Chiefs to hang with them. I think the 49ers will win by double digits.

DA_T_84
09-20-2010, 09:36 PM
Not very well IMO. Their run defense is just too good for the Chiefs to hang with them. I think the 49ers will win by double digits.

Just sit on a plunger already

ILChief
09-20-2010, 09:38 PM

No. Smith is much better than Cassel

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-20-2010, 09:40 PM

The Chiefs will nevar win against any opponent/KnowMo.

But the Donks will beat everyone/KnowMo.

Just sit on a plunger already

ROFL:clap:

Von Dumbass
09-20-2010, 09:43 PM
The Chiefs will nevar win against any opponent/KnowMo.

But the Donks will beat everyone/KnowMo.

ROFL:clap:

I just feel like the 49ers are a bad matchup for the Chiefs. The Chiefs matchup better to the Broncos than they do the 49ers.

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-20-2010, 09:46 PM
I just feel like the 49ers are a bad matchup for the Chiefs. The Chiefs matchup better to the Broncos than they do the 49ers.

Well, okay then. :)

SenselessChiefsFan
09-20-2010, 10:06 PM
I watched the game. The 49ers looked good, but had so many mistakes. If they make that many mistakes at Arrowhead, the Chiefs will win.

This will be a tough loss for them mentally, if the Chiefs can get any momentum, the 9ers could cave.

All that said, I will be surprised if the Chiefs beat the 9ers. I don't have enough faith in Cassel. And, Smith looked pretty good.

I think that the Chiefs defense will be better than the Saints defense.... but even still... the Chiefs offense is nothing close to the Saints. And, the 9ers bottled them up for most of the night.

Mile High Mania
09-20-2010, 10:10 PM
If the 49ers play like they did tonight... KC is toast.

Chiefs Pantalones
09-20-2010, 10:12 PM

If we trade for Knowshon we'll be fine.

beer bacon
09-20-2010, 10:13 PM
I wish every team we played was undefeated. It is too hard beating these winless squads. GD KC is screwed by God again!

beer bacon
09-20-2010, 10:14 PM
If San Fran plays like this and turns the ball over four times every game I don't see how they will lose again this season. Sooooo good.

Mile High Mania
09-20-2010, 10:15 PM
If San Fran plays like this and turns the ball over four times every game I don't see how they will lose again this season. Sooooo good.

Heh ... you guys still have Cassel.

Chiefs Pantalones
09-20-2010, 10:18 PM
The Saints don't have that good of a defense. Ours, even with the lack of pass rush, is better than theirs. They crave on turnovers with their usual big leads they get. Without turnovers, the Saints struggle as a team. I think we can beat them, but as MHM said, we have to play better than we did against the Chargers and Browns. in all facets of the game. At 0-2 their playoff hopes are at 13%, at 0-3...well bye bye. They'll come in aggressive and desperate. But if we are to do anything this year from even a growing standpoint we have to end them and do it early. Cassel has to take off the training wheels and put his My Buddy down and start playing with fire.

SenselessChiefsFan
09-20-2010, 10:20 PM

Well, unless they muff punts, snap high, and don't secure the ball.

If they play 'exactly' like they did tonight, the Chiefs win.

beer bacon
09-20-2010, 10:21 PM
Our offense could play like shit again, and we could still win. If our defense plays well again, they shouldn't score a ton of points on us, and the game will turn on a few big plays either way. I am enjoying having a 2-0 team. This is great!

SenselessChiefsFan
09-20-2010, 10:23 PM
Cassel has to take off the training wheels and put his My Buddy down and start playing with fire.

And thus reason to be anxious.

I do think the Chiefs will have to rely more on Cassel this week. In some ways I am glad. I will be happy to see what he can do.

On the other hand.... I don't have a ton of faith in him.

beer bacon
09-20-2010, 10:24 PM
If our defense plays well against SF, Haley isn't going to put anymore on Cassel then he has the first two weeks.

Chiefs Pantalones
And thus reason to be anxious.

I do think the Chiefs will have to rely more on Cassel this week. In some ways I am glad. I will be happy to see what he can do.

On the other hand.... I don't have a ton of faith in him.

It's hard to have any faith in him. But until next year, and if he continues playing like this, we are stuck with him until then.

Mile High Mania
Well, unless they muff punts, snap high, and don't secure the ball.

If they play 'exactly' like they did tonight, the Chiefs win.

If you take KC and SF exactly as they played in week 2... SF wins.

Rausch
09-20-2010, 10:25 PM

This.

Their QB handed out gifts and the team as a whole made stupid mistakes that cost them.

That defense, when properly motivated, is a motherfucker though...

BryanBusby
09-20-2010, 10:25 PM
I really don't think Alex Smith is mentally tough. I'm not real high on the Chiefs chances Sunday, but things will be good if KC can get an early lead and hold onto it for dear life. The pressure of their season gasping for air and a hostile Arrowhead crowd will cause tinyhands to fold like a deck of cards.

Chiefs Pantalones
09-20-2010, 10:28 PM
This.

Their QB handed out gifts and the team as a whole made stupid mistakes that cost them.

That defense, when properly motivated, is a mother****er though...

True. But again that defense gave up like what? 38 points? to a washed up Matt Hasselback led team in week 1.

DA_T_84
09-20-2010, 10:29 PM

If the 08 Patriots play the 96 bulls, they will come.

Oh, that's not a possibility? Guess I made a dumb point.

beer bacon
09-20-2010, 10:29 PM
SF is going to win a lot of games if Alex can keep up the 1 TD: 2 INT ratio he had tonight. Nails.

Chiefs Pantalones
09-20-2010, 10:31 PM

Wow since we're in candy land, I'll take the 69 Chiefs for the rest of the season please.

Mile High Mania
09-20-2010, 10:32 PM
If the 08 Patriots play the 96 bulls, they will come.

Oh, that's not a possibility? Guess I made a dumb point.

Why don't you go back and reference the 'exact' quote I was addressing... but, you were correct, you made a dumb point.

DA_T_84
Arrowhead is going to be rockin', SF doesn't have the coaching staff or internal discipline/leadership to overcome this loss and prepare for Sunday the way they should.

They will lick their wounds for a day or so. Start studying/game planning on Wednesday. Implementing those plans into practice Thursday. Walkthrough Friday. Travel Saturday. Play Sunday.

I think we should be okay as long as our Run D stays tough.

Chiefs Pantalones
One thing is true, this game sure did get a lot more interesting now. I hope they show it in my sorry for excuse state I live in known as Arizona.

Mile High Mania
Wow since we're in candy land, I'll take the 69 Chiefs for the rest of the season please.

Much like what I said to Dante... look at the quote I was referring to and their use of 'exactly'... I was doing the same thing. Silly KC fans... try and follow along, please.

okcchief
09-20-2010, 10:33 PM
I'm going to be there with my 49er fan of a wife. I can't fucking wait!!!!!

Does the parking still suck this year? How early should we get there to not worry about searching for a spot?

beer bacon
Hey, if the Chiefs were playing in San Francisco after a devastating loss followed by a very short week, I bet SF would have a better shot at winning.

Sweet Daddy Hate

REALLYZ?!?!?

luv
Frank Gore cost me a win in my FFL. :(

chiefzilla1501
09-20-2010, 10:34 PM
I think this game could get ugly if we're on the road. I think we have a pretty nice advantage given the short week and travel situation.
-West coast teams struggle when they travel east
-Short week--Chiefs have 2 extra days of game prep
-Rest -- after that battle, the 49ers are going to be uber-tired. And after the loss, probably deflated

And I still don't think the playcalling situation's been figured out. They still seemed to have some problems today. Arrowhead is going to make it almost impossible for Smith to get signals once, let alone twice. i think there are going to be a lot of delay of games and a lot of miscues.

Chiefs Pantalones
09-20-2010, 10:35 PM
Arrowhead is going to be rockin', SF doesn't have the coaching staff or internal discipline/leadership to overcome this loss and prepare for Sunday the way they should.

They will lick their wounds for a day or so. Start studying/game planning on Wednesday. Implementing those plans into practice Thursday. Walkthrough Friday. Travel Saturday. Play Sunday.

I think we should be okay as long as our Run D stays tough.

That's another reason why I'm not too concerned anymore. I'll take Crennel and Weis' preparations over freakin' Mike Singletary and those clowns.

Mecca
09-20-2010, 10:36 PM
The teams are kind of similar, the 49ers if you went position by position are more talented. The Chiefs coaching staff is better. right now the 49ers are underachieving while the Chiefs are overachieving.

Chiefs Pantalones
09-20-2010, 10:36 PM
I think this game could get ugly if we're on the road. I think we have a pretty nice advantage given the short week and travel situation.
-West coast teams struggle when they travel east
-Short week--Chiefs have 2 extra days of game prep
-Rest -- after that battle, the 49ers are going to be uber-tired. And after the loss, probably deflated

And I still don't think the playcalling situation's been figured out. They still seemed to have some problems today. Arrowhead is going to make it almost impossible for Smith to get signals once, let alone twice. i think there are going to be a lot of delay of games and a lot of miscues.

And those rookie Olinemen in Arrowhead equals false start galore

Chiefs Pantalones
09-20-2010, 10:37 PM
Much like what I said to Dante... look at the quote I was referring to and their use of 'exactly'... I was doing the same thing. Silly KC fans... try and follow along, please.

Enjoy being 1-4.

BryanBusby
09-20-2010, 10:39 PM
The teams are kind of similar, the 49ers if you went position by position are more talented. The Chiefs coaching staff is better. right now the 49ers are underachieving while the Chiefs are overachieving.

This pretty much sums it up.

Mile High Mania
09-20-2010, 10:39 PM
Enjoy being 1-4.

:D Enjoy falling back to .500 and below...

chiefzilla1501
09-20-2010, 10:42 PM
And those rookie Olinemen in Arrowhead equals false start galore

Rookie o-linemen and a QB that I wouldn't regard as a seasoned leader....

Yeah, I agree. If Hardwick had trouble, man those rookies are going to have one hell of a time. Hope they enjoy 1st and 15.

philfree
09-20-2010, 10:43 PM
If's that's the best they had against their biggest rival on the their biggest stage then I think we win. It's gonna be a nail bitter!

PhilFree:arrow:

SenselessChiefsFan
09-20-2010, 10:44 PM

Absolutely agree with this.

Chiefs Pantalones
09-20-2010, 10:46 PM
Absolutely agree with this.

Which is why I think we'll win and is exactly why we're overachieving...coaching.

Mecca
If I thought the Chiefs were remotely competent on offense I'd say easy win...but since they aren't it's really hard to remotely say what will happen.

The 49ers are also a really hard team to gauge, with their talent they could explode 1 week.

DJ's left nut
The crowd needs to bring its A game again.

As has been noted - they're us but better.

Gore is running hard out there. He's fast, he's powerful and he hits the edge in a hurry. He's going to put some major pressure on our OLB/DEs, IMO. Gilberry won't be a good fit in this game, I think we need to put Smith in Jackson's slot and give the GB kid rotational work with Edwards in the middle.

Give me Studebaker over Vrabel as well, we'll need the athleticism.

Flowers and Berry will have to step up big in run support; Arenas could be exposed a bit.

Offense.....uhhhh, lets just pretend it isn't going to happen. Too much speed, too much mean on that team. I have no earthly idea how they'll score. My thought is using TJ to pound them a little, bringing Charles in for a 'predictable' run and then airing one out to Chambers off the play-fake. If they dive on Charles, it could work. I think we also need to see McCluster on a reverse or perhaps sending him on a go route after faking a bubble screen to Charles split out wide. I'll get flamed for it, but I don't see this as a good matchup for Charles as Willis is so fast from sideline to sideline that I don't like running laterally.

We'll need to take 4-5 legitimate shots downfield and connect on 2 of them to win, IMO. This team can win this game if it hits on enough big plays to survive.

Remember - SF needs to execute correctly 12 or so times on any given TD drive. Hold them to that and this crowd could very easily prevent it.

They can be beaten, but we'll need Cassel's best game and some better playcalling than we've seen from Weis thus far.

SenselessChiefsFan
09-20-2010, 10:47 PM
It's hard to have any faith in him. But until next year, and if he continues playing like this, we are stuck with him until then.

Oddly, I am caught defending him in another thread. And, I don't even really have faith in him. I just don't think he sucks quite as bad as some do.

KcMizzou
09-20-2010, 11:23 PM
I put this in the game thread, but it fits better here...

"I'd feel better about the Chiefs chances if SF had either been blown out... or won. As it is, they got some confidence but no satisfaction. They'll be looking to take it out on what they consider a lesser team."

The Chiefs are gonna need the crowd to show up and make a difference.

luv
09-20-2010, 11:31 PM

"I'd feel better about the Chiefs chances if SF had either been blown out... or won. As it is, they got some confidence but no satisfaction. They'll be looking to take it out on what they consider a lesser team."

I'll be doing my part!

CaliforniaChief
09-20-2010, 11:40 PM
I think the crowd is somewhat important, but turnovers will matter more.

The 49ers KILLED themselves by literally giving the game away on turnovers. A dropped punt, a fumble, and an INT gave the Saints 10 points and cost them 7.

Rausch
09-20-2010, 11:42 PM
I'll be doing my part!

Ditto.

:evil:

luv
09-20-2010, 11:43 PM
Ditto.

:evil:

At the game or at home drinking beer?

Mr. Flopnuts
09-20-2010, 11:45 PM

If I get the opportunity, I won't just take the number from the next seat. I'll break the fucker.

Guru
09-21-2010, 12:04 AM
With the way our offense is playing, I think we are looking at 3 losses in a row now.

SenselessChiefsFan
09-21-2010, 12:10 AM
With the way our offense is playing, I think we are looking at 3 losses in a row now.

Don't worry, Teicher is writing an article tomorrow about how the offense can get better. It is pretty top secret, but it involves better QB and WR play.

MoreGore
09-21-2010, 12:28 AM
The crowd needs to bring its A game again.

As has been noted - they're us but better.

Gore is running hard out there. He's fast, he's powerful and he hits the edge in a hurry. He's going to put some major pressure on our OLB/DEs, IMO. Gilberry won't be a good fit in this game, I think we need to put Smith in Jackson's slot and give the GB kid rotational work with Edwards in the middle.

Give me Studebaker over Vrabel as well, we'll need the athleticism.

Flowers and Berry will have to step up big in run support; Arenas could be exposed a bit.

Offense.....uhhhh, lets just pretend it isn't going to happen. Too much speed, too much mean on that team. I have no earthly idea how they'll score. My thought is using TJ to pound them a little, bringing Charles in for a 'predictable' run and then airing one out to Chambers off the play-fake. If they dive on Charles, it could work. I think we also need to see McCluster on a reverse or perhaps sending him on a go route after faking a bubble screen to Charles split out wide. I'll get flamed for it, but I don't see this as a good matchup for Charles as Willis is so fast from sideline to sideline that I don't like running laterally.

We'll need to take 4-5 legitimate shots downfield and connect on 2 of them to win, IMO. This team can win this game if it hits on enough big plays to survive.

Remember - SF needs to execute correctly 12 or so times on any given TD drive. Hold them to that and this crowd could very easily prevent it.

They can be beaten, but we'll need Cassel's best game and some better playcalling than we've seen from Weis thus far.

The noise you guys generate can be a big factor IMO. I agree with you about Charles, the niners D really shuts down the run. The best way to beat the niners is to attack their secondary, which is actually quite suspect. Their corners and safeties really struggle against speed.

On D if you can contain Gore and limit Vernon's touches you can do really well against the niners. Also, we are turning it over a lot. A couple big plays and the niners could roll over. They faced a little adversity in Seattle and played like dogs. Although, I wouldn't expect that again. Here is hoping for an injury free game.

BTW Berry is going to be a beast. He was my favorite in this past draft.

BIG_DADDY
09-21-2010, 12:29 AM
The noise you guys generate can be a big factor IMO. I agree with you about Charles, the niners D really shuts down the run. The best way to beat the niners is to attack their secondary, which is actually quite suspect. Their corners and safeties really struggle against speed.

On D if you can contain Gore and limit Vernon's touches you can do really well against the niners. Also, we are turning it over a lot. A couple big plays and the niners could roll over. They faced a little adversity in Seattle and played like dogs. Although, I wouldn't expect that again. Here is hoping for an injury free game.

BTW Berry is going to be a beast. He was my favorite in this past draft.

You use anymore Gore and the dude will only last half a season.

BIG_DADDY
09-21-2010, 12:30 AM

OK munkey

MoreGore
09-21-2010, 12:35 AM
You use anymore Gore and the dude will only last half a season.

:D Yeah, I know. I just needed a quick username and after tonight's game I thought that was appropriate. Unfortunately, we will probably run him until he is broken. Sing doesn't know any other way.

I'm actually surprised he has been this durable in his career considering his injury history in college.

black angus
09-21-2010, 12:46 AM
Gore invented the intrnet ,you know.
just ask him.

Warrior5
09-21-2010, 06:32 AM
...The best way to beat the niners is to attack their secondary, which is actually quite suspect. Their corners and safeties really struggle against speed...

If KC was able to actually attack a secondary, this would be sage advice.

munkey
09-21-2010, 06:37 AM
OK munkey

Why the next time I see you Troy...POW...right in the kisser %(/

:)

KC Jones
09-21-2010, 06:53 AM
The best way to beat the niners is to attack their secondary, which is actually quite suspect. Their corners and safeties really struggle against speed.

Fortunately for you we have 2 big plodding WRs who don't get separation.

KC Jones
09-21-2010, 06:55 AM

I'd just add that our defenses are mirror images in terms of strength/weakness. Our front 7 is not so great and theirs is outstanding. Vice versa with the secondaries.

old_geezer
09-21-2010, 07:19 AM
Originally Posted by MoreGore
The best way to beat the niners is to attack their secondary, which is actually quite suspect. Their corners and safeties really struggle against speed.

We have Cassel...................are there any other options?

Tuckdaddy
09-21-2010, 07:21 AM
SF has better players in almost every position. This is a game that we could win but definitely not a lock. What helps us is the fact that Smith is not very good and that's all that helps us. Their defense is solid and it will probably be tough for us score on them. At this point it's tough for us to score on anybody. We absolutely have nothing for a team to be scared of at WR and JC hardly plays for some stupid reason.

They might just kick are ass.

SenselessChiefsFan
09-21-2010, 07:25 AM
The Chiefs special teams should have a good game. The 49ers coverage units looked suspect. The 49ers returners also looked suspect.

I expect McCluster to have a bigger contribution to the passing game.

If Bowe and Chambers can't get some separation against this secondary, they never will. This is probably the slowest secondary the Chiefs will face.

This is a game made for Thomas Jones. The Chiefs will need to pound it up the middle on the ground. The linebackers for the 9ers are ridiculously fast. Running side to side will result in a lot of negative plays.

I don't see a ton of misdirection from the Chiefs. This would be a good week to work that in. Try to get all the linebackers flowing one way and come back the other way.

I would love to see a Charles/McCluster reverse, and them to work the bootleg in a little more.

It will be a fun game to watch.

SenselessChiefsFan
09-21-2010, 07:26 AM
The Chiefs special teams should have a good game. The 49ers coverage units looked suspect. The 49ers returners also looked suspect.

I expect McCluster to have a bigger contribution to the passing game.

If Bowe and Chambers can't get some separation against this secondary, they never will. This is probably the slowest secondary the Chiefs will face.

This is a game made for Thomas Jones. The Chiefs will need to pound it up the middle on the ground. The linebackers for the 9ers are ridiculously fast. Running side to side will result in a lot of negative plays.

I don't see a ton of misdirection from the Chiefs. This would be a good week to work that in. Try to get all the linebackers flowing one way and come back the other way.

I would love to see a Charles/McCluster reverse, and them to work the bootleg in a little more.

It will be a fun game to watch.

King_Chief_Fan
09-21-2010, 07:26 AM
I suggest S. Smith conducts nut grabbing school for the rest of the team....that might be the only way to "handle" the situation.

Tuckdaddy
09-21-2010, 07:27 AM

No shit. We have no speed at WR.

Flachief58
09-21-2010, 08:54 AM
If you get DP'd again tonight like you did last night....your ass still hurts.

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-21-2010, 08:56 AM

And a QB that can't hit them when they do.

Reerun_KC
09-21-2010, 09:07 AM

Sad but true....

Our WR's are garbage... You could cover them with a 300 lb NT...

We have to have the slowest and worst WR corp in the NFL...

DonTellMeShowMe
09-21-2010, 09:08 AM
You need to be concerned about this man...he STILL has not found the rat

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/H5WPaMB_6hA?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/H5WPaMB_6hA?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Mr. Laz
09-21-2010, 10:43 AM
it's probably a coin flip game

both teams are about running the ball and playing defense.

49ers have more talent but i think we have better coaching

Gore is a beast
we have edge in special teams

Reerun_KC
09-21-2010, 10:52 AM
Okay I have been wrong the first two weeks...

Calling KC 27 SD 17 and KC 31 Clev 16....

So with that being said...

KC 26
SF 24

KCrockaholic
09-21-2010, 11:05 AM
I'm worried about this one.
I just don't see us winning. If Alex Smith has any kind of fire and he finally gets it, their offense will be twice what ours is.
I feel like we will have a hard time getting any pressure on Smith. Gore is the best pass protecting HB in the NFL today. Their line is young. But they are very good.
Defensively. They have talent all across the board. Patrick Willis should make any fan pee a little bit. If they put Willis on Moeaki, that option will be taken away, and right now he's Cassel's favorite target. They can get pressure with Lawson, and Haralson. The only way we win this game, is if we have terrific field position the entire game. Return a KO for a TD. Give Charles the ball more than 15 times, and if we come up with 2 turnovers on defense.

This will be our toughest opponent yet. And frankly. I'd rather have seen 49ers beat New Orleans last night. Them losing, only makes it harder on us.

J Diddy
09-21-2010, 11:25 AM
If KC was able to actually attack a secondary, this would be sage advice.

KC's receivers don't have to catch the ball. They just have to get better at stripping the ball after the corners intercept it.

milkman
09-21-2010, 11:35 AM
Sad but true....

Our WR's are garbage... You could cover them with a 300 lb NT...

We have to have the slowest and worst WR corp in the NFL...

We haven't had any speed at WR since Willie Davis.

Eddie Kennison had lost a step long before he ever donned Chiefs uniform.

The problem with this team and opening up the passing game begins and ends with Cassel.

We saw Chambers get open deep a number of times last year, and wind up having to wait for the ball to get to him.

He had a step on the DB in which Cassel was intercepted against Cleveland, and while people can bitch and moan that he should have broken up the interception, the fact remains that Cassel underthrew him badly.

-King-
09-21-2010, 11:37 AM

Eddie Kennison had lost a step long before he ever dwaned Chiefs uniform.

The problem with this team and opening up the passing game begins and ends with Cassel.

We saw Chambers get open deep a number of times last year, and wind up having to wait for the ball to get to him.

He had a step on the DB in which Cassel was intercepted against Cleveland, and while people can bitch and moan that he should have broken up the interception, the fact remains that Cassel underthrew him badly.

Bowe was WIDE open on the other side of the field. Could have been a good 20 yard gain or TD.

MOhillbilly
09-21-2010, 11:38 AM
KC fan wants to will castle into a good qb so badly it hurts.

Fuck him, put the qb made of glass in already.

Jerm
09-21-2010, 11:58 AM
Alex Smith had the game of his career last night...sorry don't see it happening again on Sunday.

I can see a low scoring game, will come down to whoever turns the ball over least...SF had some big TOs last night.

I think we win.

CupidStunt
09-21-2010, 12:18 PM
People tend to play the paper game too much. The OL's sucked for so long; the OL sucks ... actually, it's playing at a pretty high level right now. The defense has sucked for so long; the defense sucks ... ditto. And as a rule people overrate the opponent.

9ers have a dominant front 7, a great RB and a great TE. Other than that they're aren't much. The OL is a work in progress and by no means any better than KC's is right now, despite what people believe "on paper." The secondary is very average and has no playmakers whatsoever. Their QB is utter garbage and don't kid yourself if you think he's much if any better than Cassel. Their WRs are awful and Crabtree's never going to scare anyone down the field.

9ers may well win the game but it'll be close, and it'll be low-scoring. They're not tons better across the board or anything ridiculous like that, and they won't sniff a blowout win. Last trip to Arrowhead? Smith looked like Ryan Leaf and the Chiefs pounded them 41-0 with HUARD at QB and HERM on the sidelines.

Chiefs are MUCH better coached right now and that plays a significant role. And I haven't even mentioned Arrowhead, which will rip Smith to shreds.

I'll go SF 16 KC 17.

DonTellMeShowMe
09-21-2010, 12:18 PM
Alex Smith had the game of his career last night...sorry don't see it happening again on Sunday.

I can see a low scoring game, will come down to whoever turns the ball over least...SF had some big TOs last night.

I think we win.

Homer

:D

FAX
09-21-2010, 12:30 PM
Wow. A Goshawk stole my drink while I was waiting for the server ...

The 9rs played a very good game against the Saints ... very scrappy. Never gave up.

I don't know if they have two of those in them ... back to back, anyhow ... I think they probably left a lot on the field last night. I still like our chances ... if our defense is real and not a mirage ...

Still, we'll need turnovers and a good return game for field position.

And somebody's going to have to grab somebody's nuts.

FAX

Ralphy Boy
09-21-2010, 01:04 PM

Don't care to read how many people have disagreed with this but Smith looks a lot more like Drew Brees than he does Matt Cassel.

After watching Willis play last night, all I can say is "I want one of those". That dude is unbelieveable.

Ralphy Boy
09-21-2010, 01:16 PM
Eddie Kennison had lost a step long before he ever donned Chiefs uniform.

Joe Horn. That said, Kennison had lost a step but he was still light years better than any WR we had prior to or since.

I cannot recall the last time I saw Cassel overthrew a receiver on a deep route. I'm not sure it has ever happened.

Fast receivers will chase down balls. If there is no help over the top, then Cassel needs to give it everything he's got and that MIGHT be enough to hit him in stride.

We need a smilie with a noodle arm.

milkman
09-21-2010, 04:14 PM
Forgot about Joe Horn.

Maybe that's because Marty apparently forgot him also.