PDA

View Full Version : Football #1 Alabama vs #10 Arkansas

Mile High Mania
09-20-2010, 01:11 PM
Ok, now I realize that most of you are not SEC fans, but I also know a few of you are Hog fans.

The game this week is huge, with #1 Bama traveling to Arkansas to face a red hot and #10 Razorbacks' team looking to shock the nation.

Say what you will, but I really think this Arkansas team is vastly improved over last year. All things hinge on Mallet and that defense playing their best, but I love the location in this game.

Ingram coming back really amplifies this one...

What do you guys think about the game and who wins?

Mr. Laz
09-20-2010, 01:12 PM
whole lot of inbred red in that stadium

Mile High Mania
09-20-2010, 01:13 PM
I think the Hogs have a good chance of winning, but Alabama may simply have too much for them to handle. I just hope it's a tight match with lots of solid play. Keep the game close and I love Arkansas' chances in the 4th.

Dicky McElephant
09-20-2010, 01:14 PM
I'll be rooting for Arkansas.....as much as it pains me to say that.

DaKCMan AP
09-20-2010, 01:15 PM
I'd like to see #11 Arkansas give #1 Bama a good game, but want Bama to win. Bama can lose the next week against Florida. :D

Saul Good
09-20-2010, 01:15 PM
It's Alabama, and it isn't close.

Mile High Mania
09-20-2010, 01:20 PM
I'd like to see #11 Arkansas give #1 Bama a good game, but want Bama to win. Bama can lose the next week against Florida. :D

You can use the USAToday ranking, I'll stick with AP.

-King-
09-20-2010, 01:20 PM
Arkansas makes it close. Only loses by 3 tds and a fg
Posted via Mobile Device

keg in kc
09-20-2010, 01:23 PM
I think Alabama is going to wipe the floor with them. Arkansas will get some points, Mallet's too good, but Alabama is a machine on both sides of the ball. I know that Arkansas has been good defensively so far, but we're talking about Tennessee Tech, Louisiana-Monroe and a Georgia team that only scored 6 on South Carolina.

Bane
09-20-2010, 01:24 PM
Alabama waxes that ass like rain dance.

Tuckdaddy
09-20-2010, 01:24 PM

I watch all the Ark games here in Ark and you are right. If Bama runs for less that 250 that would be considered a victory for the Hogs.

POND_OF_RED
09-20-2010, 01:26 PM
It won't be close. Arkansas is always just a little overrated. They have the most arrogant fans in the world. I didn't meet a single Arkansas fan who gave Mizzou an ounce of respect in the cotton bowl a few seasons ago. All of them were quick to tell me that the SEC is a whole different level and we weren't ready for that style of play. Stupid inbreds. :clap:

Pitt Gorilla
09-20-2010, 01:33 PM
Alabama pulls them down a flight of stairs like Lawrence Phillips under Osborne.

Old Dog
09-20-2010, 01:34 PM
It will be Alabama, but I'll be rooting (see what I did there?) for the Hogs. I want a Boise St - TCU BCS Championship game, just to piss off all of the big boys (not that it would ever happen anyway)

Mile High Mania
09-20-2010, 01:34 PM
I watch all the Ark games here in Ark and you are right. If Bama runs for less that 250 that would be considered a victory for the Hogs.

Well..
<object width="480" height="385">

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/6DAgxGXWqZU?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></object>

Mile High Mania
09-20-2010, 01:36 PM
It won't be close. Arkansas is always just a little overrated. They have the most arrogant fans in the world. I didn't meet a single Arkansas fan who gave Mizzou an ounce of respect in the cotton bowl a few seasons ago. All of them were quick to tell me that the SEC is a whole different level and we weren't ready for that style of play. Stupid inbreds. :clap:

I think that's a bit of an over-statement...

But seriously, what are you expecting fans of the 'other team' to say at the game?

Bane
09-20-2010, 01:37 PM
Well..
<object width="480" height="385">

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/6DAgxGXWqZU?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></object>

Not really.If Bama loses,I'll sport a Donk avatar for a week.

NewChief
09-20-2010, 01:40 PM
My best friend scored me a ticket for my birthday. It's going to be tough, but I think we'll pull it out. My main concern is our inability to establish any kind of running game. I think our defense is much improved over previous years... but I do sort of feel like I felt when watching the Chiefs with Trent. If the Hogs don't score every time we have the ball this week, then we're in trouble.

NewChief
09-20-2010, 01:45 PM

But seriously, what are you expecting fans of the 'other team' to say at the game?

Yeah, I don't get the Arkansas hatred, but it's pretty rampant.

I certainly didn't think we'd beat Mizzou, because Houston Nutt is a complete idiot in the post season and couldn't get our team to perform worth a shit in any Bowl game. We got stomped by UNLV in a bowl game. U...N....L....V. Good grief. I think the reason that so many Arkansas fans were arrogant about Mizzou was the fact that it was the Cotton Bowl and they thought it was going to be like Fayetteville South (and we have a lot of history with that bowl from the SWC days.)

Reaper16
09-20-2010, 01:47 PM
Alabama wins. Easily, no doubts in my mind. EVEN IF Mallet can put up enough points to hang with 'Bama, the Tide will still put up points themselves on essentially every drive. The two best RB on college football are both on the Crimson Tide.

Good Luck.

Mile High Mania
09-20-2010, 01:48 PM
My best friend scored me a ticket for my birthday. It's going to be tough, but I think we'll pull it out. My main concern is our inability to establish any kind of running game. I think our defense is much improved over previous years... but I do sort of feel like I felt when watching the Chiefs with Trent. If the Hogs don't score every time we have the ball this week, then we're in trouble.

All true, but even with if the Hogs had a solid rushing attack... I think we would be in trouble. Mallet will pass a lot in this one, he has to... that is the strength of the offense.

So, play to your strengths - pass to the TEs and RBs when you need a safety valve and don't hold back. That crowd should be AMAZING early on in this one, so never let up.

Alabama is going to be successful - bottom line, there are only a few teams that can truly expect to contain them... maybe, so the Hogs need to go into this one expecting a shootout for 60 minutes.

"Sixty Minutes of HELL"

CupidStunt
09-20-2010, 01:49 PM
Will be over by half-time.

Nuthair win against UGA = 20-point loss against Bama. If they're lucky.

POND_OF_RED
09-20-2010, 01:50 PM

Well considering the season the two schools had that year I didn't think I would meet too many people saying MU wouldn't come within 3 scores. Instead everyone was saying that, "you might be favored, but you're not ready for SEC ball SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOEEEY" It was something like that. It was hard to understand their inred accent through their crooked teeth. Most "other team" fans I've met actually study the matchup and have a clue about who they're playing. Not Arkansas fans. Arkansas fans don't really believe in football if it isn't played in the old slave fields down south.

Mile High Mania
09-20-2010, 01:56 PM
Will be over by half-time.

Nuthair win against UGA = 20-point loss against Bama. If they're lucky.

Enh, they gave up the big lead when they took their foot off the pedal... I don't think they'll do that again (if they have the opportunity) this week.

Mile High Mania
09-20-2010, 01:56 PM
Well considering the season the two schools had that year I didn't think I would meet too many people saying MU wouldn't come within 3 scores. Instead everyone was saying that, "you might be favored, but you're not ready for SEC ball SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOEEEY" It was something like that. It was hard to understand their inred accent through their crooked teeth. Most "other team" fans I've met actually study the matchup and have a clue about who they're playing. Not Arkansas fans. Arkansas fans don't really believe in football if it isn't played in the old slave fields down south.

Ah, there it is ... you're just a complete and total dumbass.

NewChief
09-20-2010, 01:57 PM

Awww. Your Big 12 inferiority complex is shining through. The big mean Razorback fans didn't give your widdle tigers the credit they deserved.

POND_OF_RED
09-20-2010, 02:02 PM
Awww. Your Big 12 inferiority complex is shining through. The big mean Razorback fans didn't give your widdle tigers the credit they deserved.

http://www.columbiamissourian.com/media/multimedia/2008/pages/cottonbowl/img/4wide.jpg

They did. You might not have been able to see it since you were probably walking back to your car at halftime.

Jim Jones
09-20-2010, 02:11 PM
I don't think our defense can stop Alabama's running game. Georgia had pretty good success running the ball last week and Richardson and Ingram is tough for anyone to stop.

If the Hogs win it's gonna have to be in a shootout because they ain't slowing down Alabama's offense.

DaKCMan AP
09-20-2010, 02:11 PM
You can use the USAToday ranking, I'll stick with AP.

Considering that the Coaches Poll factors into the BCS rankings and the AP doesn't, I will use the USAToday rankings.

The Coaches have it "more correct" anyway, IMO. Neither BSU or Texas should have any first place votes.

NewChief
09-20-2010, 02:15 PM
LOL Looks like Pond of Red and I have had this go round before:

http://chiefsplanet.com/BB/showpost.php?p=6632155&postcount=54

DaKCMan AP
09-20-2010, 02:17 PM
The Arkansas fans being way overconfident comment is BS.

Their fans travel pretty well to Florida and every time I see them in the Swamp I find their little "Woooooooooo......... PIIIIGG....SOOOOEYYYYYYYY" chant so cute and endearing.

eazyb81
09-20-2010, 02:18 PM
Alabama will roll....won't even be a close game.

Then they will roll Florida next week.

Mile High Mania
09-20-2010, 02:24 PM
The Arkansas fans being way overconfident comment is BS.

Their fans travel pretty well to Florida and every time I see them in the Swamp I find their little "Woooooooooo......... PIIIIGG....SOOOOEYYYYYYYY" chant so cute and endearing.

It's a beautiful thing to hear live when thousands get it rolling... should be stunning on Saturday.

NewChief
09-20-2010, 02:27 PM
It's a beautiful thing to hear live when thousands get it rolling... should be stunning on Saturday.

Evidently it was pretty lame at War Memorial against NLU... to the point that Wally Hall mentioned it in his column. That shocks me, because the War Memorial crowd has traditionally been pretty rowdy.

I can't wait for Saturday, though. The atmosphere for the weekend is going to be absolutely insane. The only bummer is that we're having a postgame cookout that evening at a friend's house way out in the country for my birthday. If we win... I'm going to be hard pressed not to hit Dickson (I was there the day we rushed the field against Tennessee and carried the goal post to OBC on Dickson, and I was there the night of the national championship as well).

POND_OF_RED
09-20-2010, 02:28 PM
LOL Looks like Pond of Red and I have had this go round before:

http://chiefsplanet.com/BB/showpost.php?p=6632155&postcount=54

Man you should have met these Arkansas fans. It's obviously an overstatement to say all of your fans are like this. It's just the bar I went to down there was full of Arkansas fans, and not one of them had a clue what they were talking about outside of SEC football. It's not an inferiority complex. I understand the SEC is the best football conference. Just don't try to use that as your argument when you couldn't compete with the SEC either that year. It would be like an Iowa State fan telling a Gonzaga fan that they don't stand a chance in a basketball game because ISU plays in the Big 12. It just doesn't work.

KCrockaholic
09-20-2010, 02:30 PM
Most of all I'm excited to watch how Ryan Mallett handle's their defense. This will be a very tough game for him. But this game could also get him drafted in the top 10 if he plays well enough. I hope not, cause I'd love to have him on the Chiefs.

Mile High Mania
09-20-2010, 02:32 PM
Man you should have met these Arkansas fans. It's obviously an overstatement to say all of your fans are like this. It's just the bar I went to down there was full of Arkansas fans, and not one of them had a clue what they were talking about outside of SEC football. It's not an inferiority complex. I understand the SEC is the best football conference. Just don't try to use that as your argument when you couldn't compete with the SEC either that year. It would be like an Iowa State fan telling a Gonzaga fan that they don't stand a chance in a basketball game because ISU plays in the Big 12. It just doesn't work.

Sports debates in a bar rarely go well... I think most fans grew to expect a loss with Nutt as the HC, sadly.

NewChief
09-20-2010, 02:36 PM
Sports debates in a bar rarely go well... I think most fans grew to expect a loss with Nutt as the HC, sadly.

Yeah, most Hog fans I've known are pretty gracious to other fans. I live in Fayetteville, so I get to witness traveling fans interacting with us quite a bit, and we're usually a pretty hospitable bunch. The only exception is Texas. When Texas traveled up here a few years back, I was embarrassed at the behavior of some Hog fans. Yelling "FUck you Texas" and "FUck Texas" and other stuff at random fans walking down the street just isn't cool. The whole Texas hatred tradition has taken on a life of its own that is far beyond the reality of the "rivalry."

JBucc
09-20-2010, 02:43 PM
If Arkansas can sprout a running game, learn to tackle, and remember that a game is 4 quarters and not 2 and a half, I think we've got a decent shot.

Spott
09-20-2010, 02:56 PM
Alabama will win by 2 TD's and all the Arkansas fans will have to go home and have angry sex with their spouses/siblings. If anyone beats them, I have a feeling it will be SC.

El Jefe
09-20-2010, 02:56 PM
I think Alabama is going to wipe the floor with them. Arkansas will get some points, Mallet's too good, but Alabama is a machine on both sides of the ball. I know that Arkansas has been good defensively so far, but we're talking about Tennessee Tech, Louisiana-Monroe and a Georgia team that only scored 6 on South Carolina.

Honestly I think Alabama will beat up on them, but I am not that impressed with Arkansas. The SEC is down this year IMO. My ideal NC game would be the Buckeyes against Alabama. As of right now there are no team's that scare me as a Buckeye fan, there is no Florida or SC from a couple years ago, no real team that is head and shoulders above everyone else IMO.

Baconeater
09-20-2010, 02:58 PM
Yeah, most Hog fans I've known are pretty gracious to other fans. I live in Fayetteville, so I get to witness traveling fans interacting with us quite a bit, and we're usually a pretty hospitable bunch. The only exception is Texas. When Texas traveled up here a few years back, I was embarrassed at the behavior of some Hog fans. Yelling "**** you Texas" and "**** Texas" and other stuff at random fans walking down the street just isn't cool. The whole Texas hatred tradition has taken on a life of its own that is far beyond the reality of the "rivalry."
I think that's perfectly acceptable as long as they are only doing it to Texas fans.

DaKCMan AP
09-20-2010, 03:03 PM
CBS just set the time for the Florida-Bama game on Oct 2nd at 8pm. It'll be a letdown if Bama has a loss by then.

luv
09-20-2010, 03:06 PM
CBS just set the time for the Florida-Bama game on Oct 2nd at 8pm. It'll be a letdown if Bama has a loss by then.

What does this have to do with anything in the OP? You can't just say you think Alabama will win without bringing up Florida or the stinkin' Swamp?

DaKCMan AP
09-20-2010, 03:08 PM
What does this have to do with anything in the OP? You can't just say you think Alabama will win without bringing up Florida or the stinkin' Swamp?

Florida-Bama in a week (in Tuscaloosa, not the Swamp) is MY REASON for wanting Bama to win this week. Completely relevant to the subject matter of the OP.

OmahaChief
09-20-2010, 03:10 PM
Put me in the Tide will roll Arkansas.

I think the current lofty ratings of many teams are due to the fact CFB seems down this year.

Bama seems in a class by themselves. Not sold on OSU. Miami turned the ball over four times and still hung around most of the game. The number 2 team should have put Miami away.

keg in kc
09-20-2010, 03:12 PM
My ideal NC game would be the Buckeyes against Alabama.That's the game I expect. I don't see who's going to beat either one of them.

I think Alabama rolls Ohio State if that happens. They're far and away the best team I've seen this year. I see Alabama on one tier, Ohio State on the next tier and everybody else below that. Although I'm interested to see how Boise does against Oregon State. That game has implications for both them and for TCU.

DaKCMan AP
09-20-2010, 03:16 PM
That's the game I expect. I don't see who's going to beat either one of them.

I think Alabama rolls Ohio State if that happens. They're far and away the best team I've seen this year. I see Alabama on one tier, Ohio State on the next tier and everybody else below that. Although I'm interested to see how Boise does against Oregon State. That game has implications for both them and for TCU.

Not even remotely suggesting their in the same league as Bama, but I've been extremely impressed with South Carolina so far this season. I know you're extremely pessimistic regarding the Big Blue, but if Robinson goes off and ohio state makes a few mistakes in a shootout, Michigan could make a game of it.

El Jefe
09-20-2010, 03:22 PM
That's the game I expect. I don't see who's going to beat either one of them.

See I know many people will say I'm just being a homer, but I don't see that happening. Our defense is very very good, probably one of the better defenses we have fielded in a few years. Our offense is much improved also, and I don't think Alabama's defense is as good as they were last year.

keg in kc
09-20-2010, 03:27 PM
Not even remotely suggesting their in the same league as Bama, but I've been extremely impressed with South Carolina so far this season. I know you're extremely pessimistic regarding the Big Blue, but if Robinson goes off and ohio state makes a few mistakes in a shootout, Michigan could make a game of it.It would have to be a shootout, we don't have any semblence of a defense. That's a road game for us, though, so I'm not expecting anything good...

I'm not so much pessimistic as realistic. I don't see them as being top-25, but they should win 7 or 8. Still have Bowling Green, Michigan State and Illinois at home, games you'd think they should win, and they should compete with Iowa and Wisconsin, too, since they're in the Big House. At Indiana and at Purdue should be winnable (although they blew them both last year...), leaving Penn State and the buckeyes as likely road losses.

If they can get some more recruits on the defensive side and continue to develop backs and receivers to go with the recent QB recruits, they're looking pretty good going forward.

kstater
09-20-2010, 03:29 PM
Arkansas is gonna get their ass kicked. They start too slow and don't have a great defense to stop Alabama.

alpha_omega
09-20-2010, 03:30 PM
Arkansas has improved, but....Roll Tide!

kstater
09-20-2010, 03:31 PM
Arkansas is gonna get their ass kicked. They start too slow and don't have a great defense to stop Alabama.

And I'll love every minute of it.

keg in kc
09-20-2010, 03:34 PM
See I know many people will say I'm just being a homer, but I don't see that happening. Our defense is very very good, probably one of the better defenses we have fielded in a few years. Our offense is much improved also, and I don't think Alabama's defense is as good as they were last year.Your defense is the fastest I've seen all year, but I think Alabama has too much to stop. They've got receivers, they've got backs, and McElroy doesn't look like the weak link anymore. They can beat you on the ground, they can beat you through the air. As far as their defense goes, I haven't seen anything to make me think that side of the ball's going to cost them a game. They nearly shut Penn State out.

We'll see how they both look once they're into conference play. Looking like they should go undefeated on paper is no guarantee that they will.

BWillie
09-20-2010, 03:35 PM
Not even remotely suggesting their in the same league as Bama, but I've been extremely impressed with South Carolina so far this season. I know you're extremely pessimistic regarding the Big Blue, but if Robinson goes off and ohio state makes a few mistakes in a shootout, Michigan could make a game of it.

Michigan is going to get f*cking killed by Ohio State. It doesn't matter where they play the game.

Tuckdaddy
09-20-2010, 03:38 PM

I just want you to know that I told all the Ark fans down here that Mizzou was going to destroy them. I had to go with my roots.

Tuckdaddy
09-20-2010, 03:39 PM
Michigan is going to get f*cking killed by Ohio State. It doesn't matter where they play the game.

Totally true. Mich is too much one man.

El Jefe
09-20-2010, 03:39 PM

Pryor would have to have the worst game of his career for Michigan to stay in the game. The achilles for this Michigan team is their defense, their secondary is paper thin, their defense will give up major points. Anythings possible though, as michigan always plays us tough every freakin year.

El Jefe
09-20-2010, 03:44 PM
Your defense is the fastest I've seen all year, but I think Alabama has too much to stop. They've got receivers, they've got backs, and McElroy doesn't look like the weak link anymore. They can beat you on the ground, they can beat you through the air. As far as their defense goes, I haven't seen anything to make me think that side of the ball's going to cost them a game. They nearly shut Penn State out.

We'll see how they both look once they're into conference play. Looking like they should go undefeated on paper is no guarantee that they will.

This is true. I tell you I will agree with you on the speed of this Buckeye defense, I don't think we have ever fielded a defense this good and this fast. Our special teams suck though, major achilles there for us.

keg in kc
09-20-2010, 03:46 PM
Totally true. Mich is too much one man.Shaw finally got some production against UMASS, had over 120 yards on 12 carries, and 3 TDs. They'll need that if they want to keep Robinson upright.

keg in kc
09-20-2010, 03:46 PM
Our special teams suck though, major achilles there for us.Yeah, I meant to mention that.

Smed1065
09-20-2010, 03:52 PM
Push the ego?

CupidStunt
09-20-2010, 04:05 PM
Alabama is on a different level to any other team in college football right now. They look like an NFL team while everyone else looks like a college team.

KCBOSS1
09-20-2010, 09:12 PM

Well you're wrong. You've met one now. I watched Mizzou play that year and expected Mizzou to win. Our defense was too pitiful and that offense was nuts. About the SEC, follow the Championsip trophies. When I was working in Cleveland, OH, I heard those jokers whining about the same thing. Ohio State this, Ohio State that. I asked them how long it had been since Ohio State had beaten any SEC team.....9 games. They hadn't won the last 9 games against SEC teams and were getting the grandfathered #1 & #2 every year. Arkansas couldn't have beaten them then, but LSU, FLORIDA, ALABAMA, TENNESEE....most definitely. Arkansas has always been a little overrated? How long since we've been rated? Your whole statement was arrogant

KCBOSS1
09-20-2010, 09:12 PM
And it will be very close.

KCBOSS1
09-20-2010, 09:14 PM
I don't think that Arkansas is a better team than Bama. I don't think anybody is better than Alabama. But Fayetteville is a levelizer much like Arrowhead against the Chargers. But we can't have a rain storm, because our passing game is our hope. Their running game is rediculous

BWillie
09-20-2010, 09:14 PM
Well you're wrong. You've met one now. I watched Mizzou play that year and expected Mizzou to win. Our defense was too pitiful and that offense was nuts. About the SEC, follow the Championsip trophies. When I was working in Cleveland, OH, I heard those jokers whining about the same thing. Ohio State this, Ohio State that. I asked them how long it had been since Ohio State had beaten any SEC team.....9 games. They hadn't won the last 9 games against SEC teams and were getting the grandfathered #1 & #2 every year. Arkansas couldn't have beaten them then, but LSU, FLORIDA, ALABAMA, TENNESEE....most definitely. Arkansas has always been a little overrated? How long since we've been rated? Your whole statement was arrogant

What is the record of the Big 10 vs. SEC in the Capitol One and Outback Bowls the decade or so? That is usually 2nd-4th place teams in the Big 10-SEC

Big Ten 13
SEC 11

That is even during some of the Big 10's down years. SEC is not as dominant as people are led to believe, but they usually field the best team in the country.

KCBOSS1
09-20-2010, 09:16 PM
What is the record of the Big 10 vs. SEC in the Capitol One and Outback Bowls the decade or so? That is usually 2nd-4th place teams in the Big 10-SEC

Big Ten 13
SEC 11

That is even during some of the Big 10's down years. SEC is not as dominant as people are led to believe, but they usually field the best team in the country.

good point

KCBOSS1
09-20-2010, 09:22 PM
Arkansas has not had a good team in a long time. I have listened to the Kansas/Mizzou BS on here for a long time and never chimed in to say anything that wasn't complimentary. I'm not against either of those teams, but the rest of us have to hear it all of the time and typically, Missouri is my second favorite school so that was fine. But to say that all Razorback fans are arrogant is just a jackass idiotic statement.

DaKCMan AP
09-20-2010, 09:35 PM

Big Ten 13
SEC 11

Over the past 10 years the SEC is 14-12 against the Big Ten in bowl games including 4-2 when the Big Ten team was in the top 10 and 12-7 when the Big Ten team was ranked.

NewChief
09-20-2010, 09:37 PM
Arkansas has not had a good team in a long time. I have listened to the Kansas/Mizzou BS on here for a long time and never chimed in to say anything that wasn't complimentary. I'm not against either of those teams, but the rest of us have to hear it all of the time and typically, Missouri is my second favorite school so that was fine. But to say that all Razorback fans are arrogant is just a jackass idiotic statement.

Dead on. There are only a few Hog fans on here, and most of us are pretty level headed and realistic about our team

KCBOSS1
09-20-2010, 09:46 PM
Dead on. There are only a few Hog fans on here, and most of us are pretty level headed and realistic about our team:thumb:

alanm
09-20-2010, 09:52 PM
Yeah, most Hog fans I've known are pretty gracious to other fans. I live in Fayetteville, so I get to witness traveling fans interacting with us quite a bit, and we're usually a pretty hospitable bunch. The only exception is Texas. When Texas traveled up here a few years back, I was embarrassed at the behavior of some Hog fans. Yelling "**** you Texas" and "**** Texas" and other stuff at random fans walking down the street just isn't cool. The whole Texas hatred tradition has taken on a life of its own that is far beyond the reality of the "rivalry."Probably due to Texas being responsible for destroying the SWC. Pretty much the same thing going on in the Big 12 now. :D

KCBOSS1
09-20-2010, 10:23 PM
I don't know why, but those rivalries never die I guess. Texas is still a powerhouse. they are in it about every year. I wish UofA could have a program like that.

KCBOSS1
09-20-2010, 10:23 PM
Longhorn envy I guess

Reaper16
09-20-2010, 10:29 PM
RMFTR

KCBOSS1
09-20-2010, 10:33 PM
RMFTR

Okay, what does that mean?

Reaper16
09-20-2010, 10:40 PM
Okay, what does that mean?
Roll Mother Fucking Tide Roll

KCBOSS1
09-20-2010, 10:41 PM
Roll Mother ****ing Tide Roll
Ahh. Got it. Well, they may limp out of Fayetteville. GO HOGS!

kysirsoze
09-20-2010, 11:03 PM
I'll be watching this with my buddy who went to Arkansas so I'll be pulling for them for his sake. Still, I think Bama is going to kill them. I expect it to be pretty ugly by half time. They are just too fucking good. Hope I'm wrong.

KCBOSS1
09-20-2010, 11:05 PM
GO HOGS! Wish we played Mizzou or Kansas this year. Instead, we'll just reverse the Tide. Just wanted to make my 1000th post worth while. It seemed like a marathon getting here.

KCBOSS1
09-20-2010, 11:06 PM
just playin. I still like Mizzou and KU inspite of Hog haters on here.

Mile High Mania
09-20-2010, 11:14 PM
Dead on. There are only a few Hog fans on here, and most of us are pretty level headed and realistic about our team

We need several things to go right and to play our best game in years... I'm hoping for the best.

DaKCMan AP
09-21-2010, 07:32 AM
I wonder if Arkansas will employ anything like this:

Florida Gators to go with 5 linemen on defense

GAINESVILLE -- Florida's defensive strategy for attempting to contain Alabama's rushing attack appears to be taking shape.

UF's defense debuted a five-lineman front Saturday against Tennessee and held running back Tauren Poole to 23 yards on 10 carries. Poole entered the game as the leading rusher in the Southeastern Conference.

This Saturday's game against Kentucky will be the new formation's second dress rehearsal before No. 9 UF plays No. 1 Alabama at 8 p.m. on Oct. 2. Kentucky running back Derrick Locke enters this week's game as the SEC's leading rusher, averaging 124.0 yards per game. Florida (3-0, 1-0 SEC) is 23-0 against Kentucky (3-0, 0-0) since 1986.

Florida defensive coordinator Teryl Austin said the success of the five-man front against Tennessee likely earned it a permanent place in the Gators' defensive repertoire.

On Monday, UF coach Urban Meyer said of the five-linemen set: ``We're going to need that down the road.''

``Down the road'' likely means Alabama. The Crimson Tide's backfield features two of the best running backs in the country.

Sophomore Trent Richardson is averaging 6.9 yards per carry through three games and senior running back Mark Ingram returned from arthroscopic knee surgery last Saturday to rush for 154 yards on nine carries against Duke.

Alabama rushed for 272 yards against Florida in the 2009 SEC Championship Game, with Richardson and Ingram combining for 195 yards on 39 carries (5.0 yards per carry). Most of the runs were aimed directly at the center of UF's defensive line and the Gators couldn't stop it.

Florida's new five-linemen package places three defensive tackles on the line of scrimmage. Featured in the formation against Tennessee were senior defensive end Justin Trattou, redshirt junior Jaye Howard, redshirt sophomore Omar Hunter, redshirt senior Terron Sanders and senior Duke Lemmens. Lemmens positioned himself on the strong side of the line throughout the game and finished with five tackles and a sack for minus-6 yards. On Monday, Lemmens was named defensive player of the game.

``It's basically a big set to stop runs,'' senior linebacker Brandon Hicks said. ``We have to be stronger up front, so you're going to put heavy guys in there. We basically just try and line them up against the ball, play to beat their blocks and make a play. It's more of a big set.''

Read more: http://www.miamiherald.com/2010/09/21/1834363/gators-to-go-with-5-linemen-on.html#ixzz10AOiVA3a

Mile High Mania
09-21-2010, 08:39 AM
I wonder if Arkansas will employ anything like this:

I'm all for it...

Brock
09-21-2010, 10:27 AM
The poll results are probably very similar to the score.

NewChief
09-22-2010, 04:52 PM
This game is kind of a big deal around here.

http://www.fayettevilleflyer.com/2010/09/22/ua-students-inhabit-tent-city-outside-razorback-stadium/

UA students inhabit Tent City outside Razorback Stadium
By Dustin · September 22, 2010 4:44 pm · No comments

As I kid, I always thought it was hilarious to drive through Hogeye, Arkansas to see the city limits sign that read “Hogeye, Population 26.”
Thanks to some die-hard students at the university, Arkansas’ newest city has more quadrupled the population of Hogeye in under a week.
Tent City, Arkansas is located on Stadium Drive near the University of Arkansas. It is linear in topography, with the city limits beginning near the student entrance to the stadium, and running in a straight line back toward the HPER building on campus.
As of this morning, I’d say there are over 100 people living there, most of the between the ages of 18-23. Residents are transient in nature, replacing each other at various intervals throughout the day and night.
Economic conditions in Tent City seem dire at first glance because most of its inhabitants live in tents, but after talking to some of the residents this afternoon, I’d say that the fine folks of Tent City are living a pretty good life.
“We just pretty much hang out and talk football,” one of the residents told us this afternoon.
“Actually, I’m studying for a test,” said another.
The township was formed Monday morning, has been steadily growing all week. I’d say about 30 canvas domiciles made up the town as of this afternoon.
The natives survive primarily on pizza and soda. On occasion, their diet is supplemented by the generosity of local snow cone vendors, and others from surrounding communities.
For a unique look into the lives of the residents of this fascinating place, please see the below slide show.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/fayettevilleflyer/sets/72157625013311522/show/

Reaper16
09-22-2010, 05:28 PM
This game is kind of a big deal around here.

http://www.fayettevilleflyer.com/2010/09/22/ua-students-inhabit-tent-city-outside-razorback-stadium/

UA students inhabit Tent City outside Razorback Stadium
By Dustin · September 22, 2010 4:44 pm · No comments

As I kid, I always thought it was hilarious to drive through Hogeye, Arkansas to see the city limits sign that read “Hogeye, Population 26.”
Thanks to some die-hard students at the university, Arkansas’ newest city has more quadrupled the population of Hogeye in under a week.
Tent City, Arkansas is located on Stadium Drive near the University of Arkansas. It is linear in topography, with the city limits beginning near the student entrance to the stadium, and running in a straight line back toward the HPER building on campus.
As of this morning, I’d say there are over 100 people living there, most of the between the ages of 18-23. Residents are transient in nature, replacing each other at various intervals throughout the day and night.
Economic conditions in Tent City seem dire at first glance because most of its inhabitants live in tents, but after talking to some of the residents this afternoon, I’d say that the fine folks of Tent City are living a pretty good life.
“We just pretty much hang out and talk football,” one of the residents told us this afternoon.
“Actually, I’m studying for a test,” said another.
The township was formed Monday morning, has been steadily growing all week. I’d say about 30 canvas domiciles made up the town as of this afternoon.
The natives survive primarily on pizza and soda. On occasion, their diet is supplemented by the generosity of local snow cone vendors, and others from surrounding communities.
For a unique look into the lives of the residents of this fascinating place, please see the below slide show.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/fayettevilleflyer/sets/72157625013311522/show/
Sounds like a cute little miniature (really, just outright tiny by comparison) version of what happens in Tuscaloosa.

NewChief
09-22-2010, 05:33 PM
Sounds like a cute little miniature (really, just outright tiny by comparison) version of what happens in Tuscaloosa.

Good lord you've become an insufferable 'Bama homer.

Never realized that people were camping out at UAB? ;)

vailpass
09-22-2010, 05:39 PM

x10

NewChief
09-22-2010, 05:43 PM
I doubt Arkansas will win... but goddamn is it going to be sweet coming back to this thread if we do.

ozarkchief
09-22-2010, 05:55 PM
Everyone expects the Hogs to get crushed, and, that may be their fate. A win though, and things may resemble the '94 b-ball national championship celebration on Dickson St. Either way, we're a damn sight better than the dismal days during the Houston Nutt era.

Reaper16
09-22-2010, 06:44 PM
Good lord you've become an insufferable 'Bama homer.

Never realized that people were camping out at UAB? ;)
I am only insufferable in an effort to counteract this misplaced, entirely unwarranted emotion that Hogs fans are feeling right now. That emotion is hope. You should have none. It is futile. Arkansas will not defeat a team whose second-best running back won the Heisman last year.

the Talking Can
09-22-2010, 06:46 PM
i hope mallet plays well, it will be a very good test of his ability to carry a team

i doubt they will win though, bama is a much better team than georgia...

NewChief
09-22-2010, 06:47 PM
I am only insufferable in an effort to counteract this misplaced, entirely unwarranted emotion that Hogs fans are feeling right now. That emotion is hope. You should have none. It is futile. Arkansas will not defeat a team whose second-best running back won the Heisman last year.

Head on back north of the Mason Dixon yankee, a'fore we teach'un ya ta squeal like a pig. Sooooieee!

Reaper16
09-22-2010, 06:50 PM
Head on back north of the Mason Dixon yankee, a'fore we teach'un ya ta squeal like a pig. Sooooieee!
... Thank goodness I don't have tickets to this game...

NewChief
09-22-2010, 06:52 PM
... Thank goodness I don't have tickets to this game...

Shit. That would have been sweet. We would have put you up for the weekend.

NewChief
09-22-2010, 09:57 PM
So absolutely bad that it's awesome. I love that they have one actual touchdown on film that they show over and over... the rest is composed of stills and press shots. The song, though... the song is priceless. ROFL

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/8IY56z4IiXs?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/8IY56z4IiXs?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

NewChief
09-25-2010, 04:22 PM
Ar this point: eat a dick. That is all.

ozarkchief
09-25-2010, 04:25 PM
Hmmm...no posts at halftime about how Arkansas has no hope?

keg in kc
09-25-2010, 04:25 PM
I hope they pull it off, Alabama's won enough lately. I don't know that everything's going to keep going the Razorback's way in the second half, though. If they do, they should send McElCassel the gameball.

keg in kc
09-25-2010, 04:26 PM
Hmmm...no posts at halftime about how Arkansas has no hope?There's ongoing talk in the Mallet thread about the game...

the Talking Can
09-25-2010, 04:28 PM
Hmmm...no posts at halftime about how Arkansas has no hope?

gee, i wonder if the game thread has any?

dumbass much?

KCtotheSB
09-25-2010, 04:28 PM
I can't stand either team, if only because both team's coaches are quitters.

ozarkchief
09-25-2010, 04:29 PM
No, Talking Can, just wondering if any idiots would show here since it's here that they posted about how Arkansas had no chance.

keg in kc
09-25-2010, 04:32 PM
insecure much?

ozarkchief
09-25-2010, 04:34 PM
hell yes keg...thanks so much for noticing.

Marcellus
09-25-2010, 04:37 PM
Glad to see Arkansas up. My uncle who was a big Razorback fan and lived near Fayetteville passed away last week due to complications from ALS.

Go Hogs!

ozarkchief
09-25-2010, 04:50 PM
Sorry to hear about your loss, Marcellus. I think your uncle would have really enjoyed this game today.

'Hamas' Jenkins
09-25-2010, 05:00 PM
And that's why you can't settle for FGs against good teams.

Pitt Gorilla
09-25-2010, 06:16 PM
No, Talking Can, just wondering if any idiots would show here since it's here that they posted about how Arkansas had no chance.Arkansas had no chance. I mean, I think it's a great moral victory for you all, but you can't play that poorly for an entire half and expect to win (if you are Arkansas). The coaching and play in the 2nd half was brutal.

Brock
09-25-2010, 06:18 PM
No, Talking Can, just wondering if any idiots would show here since it's here that they posted about how Arkansas had no chance.

You lost.

ozarkchief
09-25-2010, 06:27 PM
No chance Pitt? You're joking right? We had a good enough chance to lead the entire game until the 4th quarter...not exactly a no chance scenario.

Btw, my brother is a former Gorilla...trying to convert him into a Chiefs fan.

ozarkchief
09-25-2010, 06:29 PM
Thanks for informing me Brock...damn, I had no idea we lost...heh.

Brock
09-25-2010, 06:31 PM
You seem to be expecting props for a loss.

ozarkchief
09-25-2010, 06:32 PM
Nope...we should have won...we didn't. Sucks, but life goes on.

Brock
09-25-2010, 06:32 PM
If you should have won, you would have won.

Fritz88
09-25-2010, 06:34 PM
You lost.

ROFL x
Posted via Mobile Device

teedubya
09-25-2010, 06:35 PM
Mallet choked in that fourth quarter. He would be a perfect fit for the Chiefs. lol

ozarkchief
09-25-2010, 06:40 PM
There's a reason Bammer's #1 in the country. I'm not gonna cry in my beer over a loss to them. I'll just drink more beer...heh.

Reaper16
09-25-2010, 06:54 PM
Arkansas had the perfect storm of opportunity: at home, offense feeling good about itself, Alabama making more mental mistakes than they will the rest of the season combined. The Hogs still lost.

Props to the Arkansas defense. They played a lot better than I thought they would. DJ Carpenter was getting beaten by the Hogs DE all day. Still, without 'Bama's numerous mental fuckups this game would have been a blowout. The luck evened out when the pressure got to be too much for Mallett.

NewChief
09-25-2010, 06:58 PM
Sad, sad loss. Not sure if I would have rather just been blown out. Completely drained by that loss and disappointed for the team. We did, at least, make Bama look beatable.

ozarkchief
09-25-2010, 07:08 PM
Look at the bright side. Beer is still cold. The sun will come up tomorrow. And we're gonna lay the lumber to the Niners tomorrow.

DaKCMan AP
09-25-2010, 10:43 PM

FTW!

Bane
09-25-2010, 10:46 PM
FTW!

Let me guess...........Awesome?
I actually said Bama would wax that ass.Clearly I was wrong,but Bama did get the win.

DaKCMan AP
09-25-2010, 10:49 PM
Let me guess...........Awesome?
I actually said Bama would wax that ass.Clearly I was wrong,but Bama did get the win.

Awesome ;)

I was a little concerned early, and when we headed into The Swamp it was still Arkansas 20 Alabama 14. In the end it worked out the way I wanted. Bama looked human, Arkansas validated their top ranking, and Florida-Bama next Saturday will be a battle of unbeaten teams.

Bane
09-25-2010, 10:51 PM
Awesome ;)

I was a little concerned early, and when we headed into The Swamp it was still Arkansas 20 Alabama 14. In the end it worked out the way I wanted. Bama looked human, Arkansas validated their top ranking, and Florida-Bama next Saturday will be a battle of unbeaten teams.

Should be a good game.No dog in the fight for me really.

Reaper16
09-26-2010, 01:03 AM
Fuck Florida and Fuck DaKCMan. Fuck being awesome.

JoeyChuckles
09-26-2010, 01:04 AM
I don't want Mallet as our quarterback next year.

DaKCMan AP
09-26-2010, 07:01 AM
Fuck Florida and Fuck DaKCMan. Fuck being awesome.

Despite your very recent transition to an Alabama fan, you've quickly mastered the douchebaggery aspect. :thumb:

Mile High Mania
09-26-2010, 07:14 AM
Well, Saban adjusted well and Arkansas fell a bit flat in the 3rd... much like last week. Live by the sword, die by the sword. Many are bashing Mallet for the picks and yes, they were killers... but Arkansas wouldn't have been in the lead without him, so I think everyone should temper their craziness with reality.

All in all, they played a pretty good game - could have won it and led for a bulk of the game. They showed up well... Bama is #1 and riding a long undefeated streak for a reason.

suds79
09-26-2010, 08:51 AM
I'm not willing to give up on Mallet just from that game alone. Alabama is who they are for a reason.

From what I saw he has all the tools you could ever want to see. I saw a lot of really, really nice plays by that kid today. I want to see more of his decision making (ie - watch more games) before I make a final assessment.

The Chiefs are not going to be drafting #1 in the draft after all. So if they draft a QB in the 1st or 2nd, he won't be perfect.

So I'm holding off judgment for now.

DaKCMan AP
09-26-2010, 09:05 AM
I'm not willing to give up on Mallet just from that game alone. Alabama is who they are for a reason.

From what I saw he has all the tools you could ever want to see. I saw a lot of really, really nice plays by that kid today. I want to see more of his decision making (ie - watch more games) before I make a final assessment.

The Chiefs are not going to be drafting #1 in the draft after all. So if they draft a QB in the 1st or 2nd, he won't be perfect.

So I'm holding off judgment for now.

Pretty much. In 2008, Matt Staffard was 18/33 265yds 0TDs and 3INTs against Florida. I guess the Lions shouldn't have taken him #1 overall..