PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Coogs's Blockbuster Tuesday

Coogs
09-20-2010, 01:23 PM
Vikings need a WR, and are in the market for Jackson.
Packers window is wide open, but they need a RB in the worst way.
Chiefs could use a WR, and happen to have a RB. Throughout history, top RB's have been dealt to other teams for fairly high return.

(Yes, I am already pouring myself a glass of anti-freeze)

The Packers/Chiefs/and Chargers do a three way deal that sends Charles to the Packers. The Chiefs get Jackson. And the Chargers get the Packers 1st and 3rd round picks in 2011.

The Chiefs seem to be wanting to use McCluster at RB instead of the slot receiver we all thought he was going to be when we drafted him. In fact, in college Nutt used McCluster at WR for 5 or 6 games, and then moved him back to RB. Dude was a beast at RB. A Jones and McCluster duo in the backfield would make the 2nd round pick of McCluster a more viable pick than setting him on the bench for nothing but spot duty and kickoff returns.

The Packers would get to stick it to the Vikings, plus get the piece of the puzzle that could put them in the Super Bowl.

The Chargers get a couple of high draft picks they covet for Jackson.

The Chiefs also send their 2nd round pick to the Eagles for Vick. Going into the bye week, this would give Vick until the Colts game (Cassel would get killed by Freeney and Mathis) to get up to speed, and Jackson would have another week to be ready for the Texans game.

Vick at QB
Jackson and Bowe at the wideouts with Chambers in the slot
Moeaki at TE
Jones and McCluster at RB

Defense is already solid
So are the Special Teams

OK, per your requests I'll have a drink of anti-freeze now.

PS I know it is Monday. I would do this tomorrow considering Jackson has to be dealt by Wednesday

BCD
09-20-2010, 01:27 PM
If Pioli traded Charles, I would personally shit on his desk.

Stinger
09-20-2010, 01:28 PM
Pass it over please ..... :bong:

penguinz
09-20-2010, 01:30 PM
One of the most ignorant things I have read on CP in quite some time.

Priest31kc
09-20-2010, 01:32 PM
Trading Charles would be the worst move ever. Ever.

KCrockaholic
09-20-2010, 01:33 PM
....God Damn....Why would we trade the best offensive player on our team? Anything that has to do with getting rid of Charles is dumb.

Buck
09-20-2010, 01:34 PM
A. Today is monday

2. The Chargers would never trade Jackson to a division rival

III. your and idiot

easymobee
09-20-2010, 01:36 PM
I don't know about the scenario above. But the Vikes are 0-2 and Favre is sucking minus Sidney Rice. I see the desperation move for VJ coming momentarily. Even though the Vikings are desperate, I don't think the Dolts get in the neighborhood of a 1st and 3rd.

DMAC
09-20-2010, 01:40 PM
Im all for sendin a 2nd to Philly for Vick! The rest of that? .......dude.

dtrain
09-20-2010, 01:47 PM
A. Today is monday

2. The Chargers would never trade Jackson to a division rival

III. your and idiot

LMAO

tyton75
09-20-2010, 01:49 PM
WTF?!? if anything.. I'd rather get the 1st and 3rd rounders..

keg in kc
09-20-2010, 02:01 PM
One of the most ignorant things I have read on CP in quite some time.Welcome back. Been gone a long time it sounds like.

Hays
09-20-2010, 02:03 PM
Why would they give up essentially a 1st and 3rd for Charles?

No way they give up a 1st for him.

swayy07
09-20-2010, 02:15 PM
dude pass some of whatever your smoking over my way because you are in another world right now. the chiefs already have the media and most of the fan base all over their ass for not playing Charles could you imagine what would go down if they traded him?

teedubya
09-20-2010, 02:18 PM
Damn, I want to smoke some chronic after reading this.

Mr. Flopnuts
09-20-2010, 02:20 PM
Eat my fucking asshole with a spoon for even suggesting we trade this teams BEST player.

Sofa King
09-20-2010, 02:20 PM
wtf is this shit?

POND_OF_RED
09-20-2010, 02:24 PM
Even Mike Ditka thinks this would be a stupid move.

Delano
09-20-2010, 02:25 PM
The possibility of this trade going down ranges from 'likely' to 'sure-thing' at the moment.

I like it Coogs, you're a creative fella.

teedubya
09-20-2010, 02:25 PM
Can we trade Charles for Jared Allen?

bevischief
09-20-2010, 02:35 PM
:facepalm:

threebag02
09-20-2010, 03:36 PM
You should have finished the anti-freeze before you submitted this thread.

Brock
09-20-2010, 03:37 PM
Can we trade Charles for Jared Allen?

Why, do we play Green Bay this year?

PGM
09-20-2010, 03:42 PM
Great googly moogly

keg in kc
09-20-2010, 03:45 PM
Why, do we play Green Bay this year?Heh.

Deberg_1990
09-20-2010, 04:11 PM
:facepalm:

This

-King-
09-20-2010, 04:25 PM
Good idea. But I think this is better.

Trade Charles to the Patriots, they need a good RB. They give us Brady. Trade Brady to the Royals because Brady has a good arm. Get Mike Moustakas because he can "hit" and we need a LB in the worst way. Then since we need a play maker to off set the departure of Charles, trade Hali to the OKC thunder. They need a good defensive player and we can get Kevin Durant. He's a very good scorer and the chiefs needs someone to put up points.

Phobia
09-20-2010, 04:40 PM
Trade Cassel for a 2nd round pick and $60,000,000. Somebody is bound to be stupid enough to do it.

bevischief
09-20-2010, 04:50 PM
Trade Cassel for a 2nd round pick and $60,000,000. Somebody is bound to be stupid enough to do it.

This.

Smed1065
09-20-2010, 04:54 PM
Vikings need a WR, and are in the market for Jackson.
Packers window is wide open, but they need a RB in the worst way.
Chiefs could use a WR, and happen to have a RB. Throughout history, top RB's have been dealt to other teams for fairly high return.

(Yes, I am already pouring myself a glass of anti-freeze)

The Packers/Chiefs/and Chargers do a three way deal that sends Charles to the Packers. The Chiefs get Jackson. And the Chargers get the Packers 1st and 3rd round picks in 2011.

The Chiefs seem to be wanting to use McCluster at RB instead of the slot receiver we all thought he was going to be when we drafted him. In fact, in college Nutt used McCluster at WR for 5 or 6 games, and then moved him back to RB. Dude was a beast at RB. A Jones and McCluster duo in the backfield would make the 2nd round pick of McCluster a more viable pick than setting him on the bench for nothing but spot duty and kickoff returns.

The Packers would get to stick it to the Vikings, plus get the piece of the puzzle that could put them in the Super Bowl.

The Chargers get a couple of high draft picks they covet for Jackson.

The Chiefs also send their 2nd round pick to the Eagles for Vick. Going into the bye week, this would give Vick until the Colts game (Cassel would get killed by Freeney and Mathis) to get up to speed, and Jackson would have another week to be ready for the Texans game.

Vick at QB
Jackson and Bowe at the wideouts with Chambers in the slot
Moeaki at TE
Jones and McCluster at RB

Defense is already solid
So are the Special Teams

OK, per your requests I'll have a drink of anti-freeze now.

PS I know it is Monday. I would do this tomorrow considering Jackson has to be dealt by Wednesday

Thanks for the try? Must be a jayhacker......

Hug it Out Dan
09-20-2010, 05:08 PM
Trading Charles would be the worst move ever. Ever.

trading Jared Allen was the dumbest move this organization has EVER made.

And Letting Gannon walk is right there behind it.

2bikemike
09-20-2010, 05:23 PM
Zztrading Jared Allen was the dumbest move this organization has EVER made.

I would argue letting Gannon go was a bigger mistake simply for the fact that we had a much better team at the time. With a better QB we may have won a playoff game or 2

TinyEvel
09-20-2010, 05:24 PM
W....T....F?

Are you the guy who goes up to the roulette table and puts a nickel on red and a nickel on black?

JASONSAUTO
09-20-2010, 05:32 PM
W....T....F?

Are you the guy who goes up to the roulette table and puts a nickel on red and a nickel on black?

dayuuuum what do you think he is a high roller? personally i only bet a penny on red and a penny on black.
Posted via Mobile Device

'Hamas' Jenkins
09-20-2010, 05:50 PM
It's nice in theory, as Jackson would most likely have a longer career than Charles and fits the deep threat we need, but he comes with a lot of off the field baggage, doesn't fit the profie, and would probably be a massive fucking malcontent when trying to catch Cassel's deep ball, which more resembles the Ziploc bag from American Beauty than an actual downfield pass.

JASONSAUTO
09-20-2010, 05:56 PM
It's nice in theory, as Jackson would most likely have a longer career than Charles and fits the deep threat we need, but he comes with a lot of off the field baggage, doesn't fit the profie, and would probably be a massive fucking malcontent when trying to catch Cassel's deep ball, which more resembles the Ziploc bag from American Beauty than an actual downfield pass.

but hes really good at just going and getting the ball so maybe he would work out just fine.
Posted via Mobile Device

'Hamas' Jenkins
09-20-2010, 06:00 PM
but hes really good at just going and getting the ball so maybe he would work out just fine.
Posted via Mobile Device

One of these is not like the other:

<table class="datatablecell" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="1" width="100%"><tbody><tr class="over"><td>2009 </td> <td> New England Patriots (http://www.nfl.com/teams/newenglandpatriots/profile?team=NE) </td> <td> 16 </td> <td> 16 </td> <td>83</td> <td>1,264</td> <td>15.2</td> <td>71T</td> <td>13</td> <td>--</td> <td>--</td> <td>--</td> <td>--</td> <td>--</td> <td>2</td> <td>1</td> </tr> <tr class=""> <td> 2008 </td> <td> New England Patriots (http://www.nfl.com/teams/newenglandpatriots/profile?team=NE) </td> <td> 16 </td> <td> 16 </td> <td>69</td> <td>1,008</td> <td>14.6</td> <td>76T</td> <td>11</td> <td>2</td> <td>0</td> <td>0.0</td> <td>2</td> <td>0</td> <td>3</td> <td>2</td> </tr> <tr class="rowAlt"> <td> 2007 </td> <td> New England Patriots (http://www.nfl.com/teams/newenglandpatriots/profile?team=NE) </td> <td> 16 </td> <td> 16 </td> <td>98</td> <td>1,493</td> <td>15.2</td> <td>65T</td> <td>23</td> <td>--</td> <td>--</td></tr></tbody></table>

Mr. Laz
09-20-2010, 06:06 PM
Pioli has spent all offseason committing to Cassel, he's not going to just take a dump on the whole situation now. If we keep Cassel then what's the point of upgrading the WR position?

'Hamas' Jenkins
09-20-2010, 06:08 PM
Pioli has spent all offseason committing to Cassel, he's not going to just take a dump on the whole situation now. If we keep Cassel then what's the point of upgrading the WR position?

Well there is a logical answer to this, but it would never happen.

DaFace
09-20-2010, 06:27 PM
Unless Jackson can play QB, this makes no sense.

Direckshun
09-20-2010, 06:32 PM
PIIIIIIILLLLLLEEEEE ONNNNNNN

manjy90
09-21-2010, 12:50 AM
That was so asinine and illogical that I'm scared Pioli might actually do it.

POND_OF_RED
09-21-2010, 01:22 AM
trading Jared Allen was the dumbest move this organization has EVER made.

Yes, trading the guy one strike away from a season long suspension for 2 starters was by far the dumbest move this organization has ever made. :rolleyes:

CoMoChief
09-21-2010, 01:55 AM
Yes, trading the guy one strike away from a season long suspension for 2 starters was by far the dumbest move this organization has ever made. :rolleyes:

Did Jared Allen ever get suspended for a season? No he didn't, he cleaned up his act, and only managed to out-sack the entire Chiefs team that next season and went on to being a probowler that year. I can tell you who'd I'd rather have at ROLB right now over Tamba Hali, who probably should be playing on his natural left side anyways, get Vrabel's old broke dick off the field.

Coogs
09-21-2010, 06:02 AM
OK, I'm not sure if it is safe to come back in here yet, but I am going to wade into the shallow end for a second. Let's just look at Charles over the past season. He goes from hardly playing, to the inactive list, to hardly playing, to one of the best two RB's in all of football stat wise over the last half of the season.

So what do the Chiefs do? They bring in Thomas Jones, AND draft one of the most electrifying RB's in college football with their first 2nd round draft pick. We were told McCluster was going to be a slot receiver, but there have been more indications he is going to be a RB.

And, the 2nd best RB in all of football over the last half of the season last year is having a hard time getting on the field.

Something just does not add up.

I like the fact that Pioli and Haley seem to be building us a football team. And to be honest, I really do not care how they do it. I am just ready to have a championship caliber team in KC.

If they truely want to bring in their own guys to get that accomplished, then so be it.

Charles could be very attractive to a team like the Packers, and we probably would not miss a beat all that much with McCluster as the 3rd down RB that Charles now is. I watched several of McClusters games last season at Ole Miss, and the guy was phenominal at RB.

Keep the draft picks insetead of get Jackson. Doesn't really matter to me. Use them to keep filling out the team.

One last thing. Going into this season Charles was my favorite Chief. Still is, but the young guys are growing on me. I'm sure Faulk was probably a favorite in Indy at one time, but everyone seemed to rally around James if you get what I am saying.

Consistent1
09-21-2010, 07:33 AM
The main problem with this is that there is zero reason to believe in McCluster being an adequate running back for heavier use. So what happens when TJ hangs up his spikes?

Crush
09-21-2010, 08:30 AM
Just STFU

POND_OF_RED
09-21-2010, 08:32 AM
Did Jared Allen ever get suspended for a season? No he didn't, he cleaned up his act, and only managed to out-sack the entire Chiefs team that next season and went on to being a probowler that year. I can tell you who'd I'd rather have at ROLB right now over Tamba Hali, who probably should be playing on his natural left side anyways, get Vrabel's old broke dick off the field.

Still doesn't change the fact that it doesn't come close to the worst move this organization has ever made. Anytime you trade a risky player for 2 starters it can't be seen as that bad of a move.

huskerdooz
09-21-2010, 08:14 PM
Not that any of it would ever happen, but since we're playing the fantasy football trade thing, I'd rather trade Jones and Croyle for Flynn and Hawk.