PDA

View Full Version : Football Broncos' Kenny McKinley found dead

DaFace
09-20-2010, 06:45 PM
Not that he's a big name or anything (and he's on IR this year), but they just reported it on the news here. Apparently the dude committed suicide.

Kinda sad.

http://www.kdvr.com/news/kdvr-broncos-mckinley-death-txt,0,3972716.story

Sources: Broncos WR McKinley found dead

DENVER - Denver Broncos wide receiver Kenny McKinley has apparently taken his own life, sources tell FOX31 News.

McKinley, 23, was found dead in Arapahoe County. No further details were immediately available.

McKinley had struggled to stay healthy during his two years with the Broncos. Limited to kick returns, was placed on injury reserve with a knee injury in 2009. He was also placed on IR in 2010 prior to the start of the regular season.

McKinley was a standout WR at South Carolina and climbed into the SEC record books with 207 receptions, the third-most in conference history, according to NFL.com. He also became just the 12th player in league history collect more than 2,700 receiving yards.

-King-
09-20-2010, 06:46 PM
Holy shit. WTF?

DaKCMan AP
09-20-2010, 06:50 PM
Wow.

GloryDayz
09-20-2010, 06:51 PM
I hate the Broncos, but this is sad. I'm not sure what can drive a person to that, but I wish it could have been stopped.

Bane
09-20-2010, 06:51 PM
Damn,that's a shame.:shake:

Hog Farmer
09-20-2010, 06:53 PM
Suicide note found stating "McDaniels is a dumb fuck and I can't take it nomo."

Donger
I'd kill myself too if I lived in Arapahoe county.

Buck
The Broncos have had more active players die in the last few years than I can remember any team having in the last 20.

ArrowheadHawk
09-20-2010, 06:54 PM
Why? I guess money aint everything.

-King-
09-20-2010, 06:54 PM

Dude...not the time for that.

Bane
09-20-2010, 06:55 PM
Suicide note found stating "McDaniels is a dumb **** and I can't take it nomo."

You're terrible man.:D

-King-
09-20-2010, 06:55 PM
Why? I guess money aint everything.

Thats what I'm trying to figure out. He was living the dream of millions of people. What would make him do that?

Reerun_KC
09-20-2010, 06:56 PM
Suicide note found stating "McDaniels is a dumb **** and I can't take it nomo."

Seriously? And you wonder why people call Chiefs fans classless...

Come on man.....

bevischief
There has to be a story behind this...

SNR
Really tragic. :(

BryanBusby
09-20-2010, 06:57 PM
This probably has something to do with it.

McKinley had struggled to stay healthy during his two years with the Broncos. Limited to kick returns, was placed on injury reserve with a knee injury in 2009. He was also placed on IR in 2010 prior to the start of the regular season.

Landing on the IR back to back years is not good for a fringe player.

Bane
09-20-2010, 06:57 PM
Thats what I'm trying to figure out. He was living the dream of millions of people. What would make him do that?

Man that shit don't matter.When a person gets that far gone,they lose all sense of the things most people value.

DaFace
09-20-2010, 06:58 PM

There was a big ordeal a while back about an NHL goalie (can't remember who) that made some comment on Twitter about his money issues. Basically, he felt that he had more money problems as a multi-million dollar goalie than most people with "normal" income levels have. He caught an enormous amount of flack for it in the media and eventually cancelled his Twitter account.

Money certainly doesn't buy happiness.

Ebolapox
09-20-2010, 06:58 PM
damn, man. RIP.

Al Bundy
09-20-2010, 06:59 PM
http://www.kdvr.com/news/kdvr-broncos-mckinley-death-txt,0,3972716.story

teedubya
Is it too early for a "Well, bye?" or a Stay down, bitch?

Chiefs Pantalones
There was a big ordeal a while back about an NHL goalie (can't remember who) that made some comment on Twitter about his money issues. Basically, he felt that he had more money problems as a multi-million dollar goalie than most people with "normal" income levels have. He caught an enormous amount of flack for it in the media and eventually cancelled his Twitter account.

Money certainly doesn't buy happiness.

Money is only a problem if you make it a problem. If you have millions of dollars, money shouldn't be a problem, unless you're an idiot.

Tuckdaddy
09-20-2010, 07:02 PM
That's terrible.

noa
09-20-2010, 07:02 PM
Uch, that's terrible. RIP.

DaFace
09-20-2010, 07:03 PM
Money is only a problem if you make it a problem. If you have millions of dollars, money shouldn't be a problem, unless you're an idiot.

While I mostly agree, the pressure of suddenly having money when you don't grow up with it is pretty severe. That's why so many lotto winners end up bankrupt. Suddenly every remote family member/friend you have is knocking on your door and asking for money. It puts a lot of strain on family relationships.

Tuckdaddy
09-20-2010, 07:03 PM
Is it too early for a "Well, bye?" or a Stay down, bitch?

Is it too early to tell you you are an asshole? ASSSHOLE!

BryanBusby
09-20-2010, 07:04 PM

A lot of players that come into the league aren't exactly from wealthy families. People that aren't used to being wealthy don't know how to handle themselves to remain wealthy.

POND_OF_RED
09-20-2010, 07:06 PM
Seriously? And you wonder why people call Chiefs fans classless...

Come on man.....

Classless? Seriously? If you can't joke about a man stupid enough to take his own life, I don't know what's funny anymore. People this stupid don't deserve to have people talk about how great of a guy he was and how the situation is "sad". Tell it how it is. The guy's a selfish asshole who used a permanent solution for a temporary problem. There really isn't anything the guy could have done to be seen as less of an idiot in my mind. Take your own life. That will fix everything. Idiot.

Sure-Oz
09-20-2010, 07:06 PM
Terrible

teedubya
09-20-2010, 07:07 PM
How big was his contract? Any idea?

Sucks that he thought he should kill himself... that's never the good route.

Sure-Oz
09-20-2010, 07:07 PM
Classless? Seriously? If you can't joke about a man stupid enough to take his own life, I don't know what's funny anymore. People this stupid don't deserve to have people talk about how great of a guy he was and how the situation is "sad". Tell it how it is. The guy's a selfish asshole who used a permanent solution for a temporary problem. There really isn't anything the guy could have done to be seen as less of an idiot in my mind. Take your own life. That will fix everything. Idiot.

Have you had someone in your life kill themselves or something?

Suicide sucks and always fucks over the people that care about that person

teedubya
09-20-2010, 07:09 PM

Suicide sucks and always ****s over the people that care about that person

I've had a first cousin commit suicide shortly after age 21... and then my aunt/ her mom did 18 months later, because she missed her and wanted to be with her.

My aunt tried to off herself 2-3 times before she finally got it, right.

Suicide is for weak-minded people. I have more sympathy for their family than I do for them.

noa
09-20-2010, 07:10 PM

I'm surprised some people are missing the inherent hilarity of suicide.

Hog Farmer
09-20-2010, 07:11 PM

:clap: This is the kinda shit that happens when you have a coach that doesn't motivate

yhf
09-20-2010, 07:11 PM

Shut up.

Mile High Mania
09-20-2010, 07:12 PM

Nice...

CaliforniaChief
09-20-2010, 07:14 PM
What a terrible thing to read.

People who commit suicide are sick, folks. Some of the comments about this young man are embarrassing to read. Do the right thing and send his friends, families, and the Broncos some prayers and good wishes. That's just a horrible situation.

Mile High Mania
09-20-2010, 07:16 PM
I don't understand why people have to be such pricks about stuff like this...

Spott
09-20-2010, 07:18 PM
That's terrible. I remember him when he was at SC a few years ago.

AZChief
09-20-2010, 07:19 PM

generally, it's because they're young, stupid or both...

rip to this man and thoughts and prayers to his family and friends.

headsnap
09-20-2010, 07:20 PM

me either... it's sick and it is definitely not the right time for it.

prayers out to his friends and family...

POND_OF_RED
09-20-2010, 07:22 PM

Suicide sucks and always ****s over the people that care about that person

Yes. A friend in high school took his life with a shotgun. Biggest idiot I've ever met. I don't feel bad saying that at all. Suicide "victims" don't understand that by "fixing their problem", they are opening up hundreds of other problems with the people closest to them. That's why any suicide "victim" in my eyes is a selfish fucking idiot.

CaliforniaChief
09-20-2010, 07:24 PM
Yes. A friend in high school took his life with a shotgun. Biggest idiot I've ever met. I don't feel bad saying that at all. Suicide "victims" don't understand that by "fixing their problem", they are opening up hundreds of other problems with the people closest to them. That's why any suicide "victim" in my eyes is a selfish fucking idiot.

The act of suicide is a selfish act. But you have NO IDEA what goes on in the minds of those who even consider it.

Jerm
09-20-2010, 07:27 PM
Maybe Tebow can revive him?

I kid I kid...

Hog Farmer
09-20-2010, 07:30 PM
I've had every reason in the world to OFF myself the last two years and the reason I don't is because of the people around me. My daughter,my wife,my mother, my father. No way I would put them throught that. It would put them in depression the rest of their lives. I was sick in the hospital with an abcessed liver when I was 19. I lost a lot of weight and came near death. My mother stayed by my side the whole time and told me years later that if I had died that she had prepared to die with me. I could never do that to my family and yes I have known people that have commited suicide. Pond of Red is right.

Sure-Oz
09-20-2010, 07:33 PM
Yes. A friend in high school took his life with a shotgun. Biggest idiot I've ever met. I don't feel bad saying that at all. Suicide "victims" don't understand that by "fixing their problem", they are opening up hundreds of other problems with the people closest to them. That's why any suicide "victim" in my eyes is a selfish ****ing idiot.

I agree, very selfish. I always feel bad, but that is not the way to go, ever.

CaliforniaChief
09-20-2010, 07:35 PM
A misconception about suicide is that the difference between those who end up trying it versus those who don't is "mental toughness."

A vast majority of these people have chemical imbalances in their brain. No different than if you have heart disease or the flu.

Many get help and put defense mechanisms into their lives to help them stay safe and progressing. Many don't.

My point is this: it's always more complicated than you think it is.

DrRyan
09-20-2010, 07:36 PM

Now there is some great insight. :clap:

Coach
09-20-2010, 07:37 PM

Get that fucking shit outta here, you dumb ignorant fuck. :shake: :facepalm:
Posted via Mobile Device

Marcellus
09-20-2010, 07:38 PM
A misconception about suicide is that the difference between those who end up trying it versus those who don't is "mental toughness."

A vast majority of these people have chemical imbalances in their brain. No different than if you have heart disease or the flu.

Many get help and put defense mechanisms into their lives to help them stay safe and progressing. Many don't.

Yup. It's a disease.

POND_OF_RED
09-20-2010, 07:39 PM

There are also chemical imbalances in the brain that make grown men attracted to prepubescent boys, but you don't see people making many excuses for those assholes.

CaliforniaChief
09-20-2010, 07:40 PM
There are also chemical imbalances in the brain that make grown men attracted to prepubescent boys, but you don't see people making many excuses for those assholes.

What study are you referring to?

Hog Farmer
09-20-2010, 07:42 PM
Get that ****ing shit outta here, you dumb ignorant ****. :shake: :facepalm:
Posted via Mobile Device

Why don't you OFF yourself and see if I give a fuck !

'Hamas' Jenkins
09-20-2010, 07:44 PM

:facepalm:

Coach
09-20-2010, 07:46 PM

I'd like to see proof of said study regarding of that issue.
Posted via Mobile Device

Coach
09-20-2010, 07:49 PM
Why don't you OFF yourself and see if I give a fuck !

You're just like Hootie, always wanting to do or say something, even politically incorrect, just to draw attention to yourself. No wonder why I'm ashamed to be a Chief fan when dumb asses like you making these comments.

Stay classy, motherfucker.
Posted via Mobile Device

CaliforniaChief
I'd like to see proof of said study regarding of that issue.
Posted via Mobile Device

He's searching furiously for it on teh interwebz as we speak. Unfortunately all he keeps coming up with is Travis Pflanz' articles.

Marcellus

I suppose we could chock up your level of complete dumbass as due to a chemical imbalance.

tmax63
09-20-2010, 07:55 PM
Just a thought but had a friend who killed himself 1st year of college after getting hurt in spring football at a Big 12 school. He lost his scholarship and abruptly stopped the steroids that nobody knew about and went into depression and took his own life. Just going on IR, I wonder if this could be something similar in this case. It's a sad situation no matter what is behind it.

ClevelandBronco
09-20-2010, 07:56 PM
It's too late for this guy, so I don't suppose it matters what we say about him. But, damn, if anyone reading this thread thinks that McKinley might have found a reasonable answer to his problems, please tell someone. Talk it out. Get some help. Just put it off for a while.

Well, anyone except for that MTG#10 guy or whatever his name is.

POND_OF_RED
09-20-2010, 08:02 PM
What study are you referring to?

I'm not referring to any studies. I'm just assuming that if a man can somehow find attraction to a little boy, than there has to be something wrong in his brain. Many child molestors get off of major sentences because they plead a mental illness, so I'm assuming there has to be something wrong in his brain to cause a man to act like that.

teedubya
09-20-2010, 08:04 PM
What about now? Still too early?

Mr. Flopnuts
09-20-2010, 08:04 PM
It's a shame. Sincerely.

But LOL @ all of the white knights that are lashing out at everyone cracking jokes about it. This guy made his own bed. It's not like something tragic happened here. He made a choice. A fucking selfish one at that. Stay down, bitch. No sympathy here for anyone but the people who loved him that he didn't give two shits about.

Direckshun
09-20-2010, 08:05 PM
...The Broncos have a lot of issues with mortality.

Anybody else notice this?

Dayze
09-20-2010, 08:05 PM
RIP man.
wonder wtf happened.

CaliforniaChief
09-20-2010, 08:07 PM
I'm not referring to any studies. I'm just assuming that if a man can somehow find attraction to a little boy, than there has to be something wrong in his brain. Many child molestors get off of major sentences because they plead a mental illness, so I'm assuming there has to be something wrong in his brain to cause a man to act like that.

There's a difference between chemical imbalances and processes/learned synapses of the brain. This has nothing to do with molesters.

In my opinion, it has everything to do with compassion. There are tons of things you and I do every day that put us in bad situations. It's nice when someone rises above the obvious and shows some grace.

But that's just how I look at it. Like I said, suicide IS selfish. I'm not justifying it at all...just saying that our responses to it can often do a lot to help people dealing with it.

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-20-2010, 08:09 PM
...The Broncos have a lot of issues with mortality.

Anybody else notice this?

True, but I sense a mass-resurrection of said personnel to be performed at the half in Invesco Cathedral one day...

-King-
09-20-2010, 08:11 PM
It's a shame. Sincerely.

But LOL @ all of the white knights that are lashing out at everyone cracking jokes about it. This guy made his own bed. It's not like something tragic happened here. He made a choice. A fucking selfish one at that. Stay down, bitch. No sympathy here for anyone but the people who loved him that he didn't give two shits about.

So if this was a prayer thread for someone on this board, and people were making jokes about it...you wouldn't have a problem with it?

keg in kc
09-20-2010, 08:12 PM
Man, that's awful.

Mr. Flopnuts
09-20-2010, 08:15 PM
So if this was a prayer thread for someone on this board, and people were making jokes about it...you wouldn't have a problem with it?

You don't see a difference between someone we all correspond with on a daily basis, and poor random pro football player that couldn't handle the life?

I would have a problem with it. Not for the dipfuck that chose the easy way out, but for the insensitivity toward the individual who had to read those things about their loved one. I doubt that any of Mr. McKinley's relatives will be by to offer up theories, or read our thoughtful responses, but if they do, and are offended by my words, they probably didn't read them very carefully. But I would apologize none the less.

LaChapelle
09-20-2010, 08:17 PM
More possiblities than stars in the sky as to why
Poverty sticken family counting on him to pull them out
a lot of weight on the shoulders of the "gifted"

POND_OF_RED
09-20-2010, 08:17 PM

You act like McKinley's family is going to be reading this thread looking for support. No one is saying "haha look at the family suffer", we're simply saying that the guy was an idiot. Plain and simple. Made the dumbest mistake a person can ever make.

Donger
09-20-2010, 08:20 PM
I wonder if the fact that he was a football player has any bearing on some of the reactions here? What if it was just some average chap on the street?

Too soon for jokes then, too?

CaliforniaChief
09-20-2010, 08:21 PM
Floppy I hear what you're saying in terms of the difference. However, I would just say that some of the comments posted might deter someone from posting a prayer request, need for support, etc because those thoughts are in the back of someone's mind when they post. In that way, it does affect people here if they won't share knowing what people truly think about it.

Is that a stretch? Maybe or maybe not. Either way, responsible as he is for the decision he made....we all are. Early onset of cancer, heart disease, car accidents, etc are more often than not directly related to a chain of bad decisions. Are they also to be held in contempt as this man?

SenselessChiefsFan
09-20-2010, 08:23 PM
This is horrible. I just don't know how someone gets to that point.

KCUnited
09-20-2010, 08:23 PM
DJ just picked off Orton's eulogy and took it to the house.

Ebolapox
09-20-2010, 08:25 PM
here's an idea: wait until he's cold and buried six feet deep before making the jokes, eh? I've never been a pro football player, but I've been in those shoes (an ex killed herself, won't go into the situation, and I took it personally). I ended up failing once, took a long hard look into myself, and six months later met the woman who is now my wife. what people who have issues like that don't realize is that life isn't always black and white. when one isn't thinking clearly, it's easy to overlook the obvious.

this isn't about being classless (though I consider it along the road to crassness), it's about respect for human life. he (presumably) left behind some family... in respect to them, let it wait a few hours please.

Donger
09-20-2010, 08:27 PM
here's an idea: wait until he's cold and buried six feet deep before making the jokes, eh? I've never been a pro football player, but I've been in those shoes (an ex killed herself, won't go into the situation, and I took it personally). I ended up failing once, took a long hard look into myself, and six months later met the woman who is now my wife. what people who have issues like that don't realize is that life isn't always black and white. when one isn't thinking clearly, it's easy to overlook the obvious.

this isn't about being classless (though I consider it along the road to crassness), it's about respect for human life. he (presumably) left behind some family... in respect to them, let it wait a few hours please.

You want me to respect human life in relation to a person who just took his own?

RedThat
09-20-2010, 08:28 PM
What a terrible thing to read.

People who commit suicide are sick, folks. Some of the comments about this young man are embarrassing to read. Do the right thing and send his friends, families, and the Broncos some prayers and good wishes. That's just a horrible situation.

Dude, honestly, can I say something here?

Please, for the love of God, don't judge people who commit suicide. Seriously, no offense, it's a bad approach on your part and just flat out wrong. You have no clue what these type of people go through in their lives. And it's probably stuff we or others cannot comprehend. Even though they may or may not be weak minded people, still, they could of have had several bad experiences that has altered their ways of thinking in such a powerful negative way. And I don't think it takes much for that to happen imo. Mainly because life ain't easy as it is and can be very difficult at times. Don't take much to slip in a negative state of mind. Negativity can be very powerful where it conquers and overtakes others. Thats a battle in itself. I know this from experience. And Im sure many others face the battle of darkness that tries to creep within them. Do you know how challenging that can be for some? To put up with the forces of evil? Some can handle it better than others, some not so much. but I think the key part is, not judging and having a sense of empathy.

It's easy to look at someone from the outside and say, damn that dude is one sick, sick, fellow. But do we ever take the time to stop and think, and say to ourselves, hmmmm, I wonder what the causes are to make him feel the way he does? Or, lets see what he is like, let me take the time to know him, find out about him a little bit.

Be nice man.

*However, you did something right, and Im with you on this, prayers sent out to that man and may God have mercy and bless that mans soul

Demonpenz
09-20-2010, 08:28 PM
I am sure this dude felt like shit every day.

yhf
09-20-2010, 08:31 PM
How does the old saying go?

If you don't have anything nice to say say nothing at all.

More often than not I think that saying is bullshit. However, when dealing with the unfortunate death of anyone it does seem to apply. Regardless of your personal feelings about suicide everyone should understand that it is always a very sad and unfortunate loss of life. What more should any of us have to say aside from "Wow, bad deal".

Choosing to say ugly things about suicide in a public forum demonstrates nothing more than a lack of restraint and couth.

CaliforniaChief
09-20-2010, 08:33 PM
Dude, honestly, can I say something here?

Please, for the love of God, don't judge people who commit suicide. Seriously, no offense, it's a bad approach on your part and just flat out wrong. You have no clue what these type of people go through in their lives. And it's probably stuff we or others cannot comprehend. Even though they may or may not be weak minded people, still, they could of have had several bad experiences that has altered their ways of thinking in such a powerful negative way. And I don't think it takes much for that to happen imo. Mainly because life ain't easy as it is and can be very difficult at times. Don't take much to slip in a negative state of mind. Negativity can be very powerful where it conquers and overtakes others. Thats a battle in itself. I know this from experience. And Im sure many others face the battle of darkness that tries to creep within them. Do you know how challenging that can be for some? To put up with the forces of evil? Some can handle it better than others, some not so much. but I think the key part is, not judging and having a sense of empathy.

It's easy to look at someone from the outside and say, damn that dude is one sick, sick, fellow. But do we ever take the time to stop and think, and say to ourselves, hmmmm, I wonder what the causes are to make him feel the way he does? Or, lets see what he is like, let me take the time to know him, find out about him a little bit.

Be nice man.

*However, you did something right, and Im with you on this, prayers sent out to that man and may God have mercy and bless that mans soul

Um, that's pretty much what I've been trying to say. When I say that suicidal people are sick, I'm not saying sick like gross or perverted...I'm saying sick like cancer.

Look, this isn't going anywhere...nor did I expect or hope it to. I just think before people say that he got what he deserved that people think about all the things we truly deserve and don't have to face because of grace, kindness, generosity, or compassion. That is all.

Ebolapox
09-20-2010, 08:33 PM
You want me to respect human life in relation to a person who just took his own?

that's on you, man. I don't (and shouldn't) have any effect on your behavior or opinions. when you look into the mirror, you see your face (not mine: that would be weird).

however, my opinion is that human life, ALL human life, has an intrinsic value that can't be measured. whether this young man knew it or not is absolutely obvious. neither you OR I know where he was in his life, the circumstances, or his mental state. unless you have a means of gleaning those facts, we have jack and shit.

my baseline means of looking at situations like this is to give a little respect (where the kid obviously couldn't or wouldn't). whether you do is up to you, and immaterial to my thoughts or opinions.

Donger
09-20-2010, 08:37 PM
that's on you, man. I don't (and shouldn't) have any effect on your behavior or opinions. when you look into the mirror, you see your face (not mine: that would be weird).

however, my opinion is that human life, ALL human life, has an intrinsic value that can't be measured. whether this young man knew it or not is absolutely obvious. neither you OR I know where he was in his life, the circumstances, or his mental state. unless you have a means of gleaning those facts, we have jack and shit.

my baseline means of looking at situations like this is to give a little respect (where the kid obviously couldn't or wouldn't). whether you do is up to you, and immaterial to my thoughts or opinions.

I just find it interesting that you mentioned respecting life in relation to a person who rather clearly did not.

I realize that some may find it ugly to make snide comments about one who has chosen to end their life, but I'm extraordinarily comfortable in my opinion of them.

Edit: I will note that I have considerably more empathy for youngsters who commit this act.

RedThat
09-20-2010, 08:39 PM
Um, that's pretty much what I've been trying to say. When I say that suicidal people are sick, I'm not saying sick like gross or perverted...I'm saying sick like cancer.

Look, this isn't going anywhere...nor did I expect or hope it to. I just think before people say that he got what he deserved that people think about all the things we truly deserve and don't have to face because of grace, kindness, generosity, or compassion. That is all.

Oh okay. Misunderstanding on my part.

Yup. I hear ya. It all comes down to having that conscience my friend.

teedubya
09-20-2010, 08:40 PM
Fact. People are dying to get out of the Bronco's organization.

Kerberos
09-20-2010, 08:40 PM
http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/ap/football/7210149.html

ENGLEWOOD, Colo. — The Arapahoe County Sheriff says Denver Broncos wide receiver Kenny McKinley was found dead in his home in an apparent suicide.
Sheriff Grayson Robinson says authorities were called to McKinley's home in Centennial on Monday and found his body in the second-floor master bedroom. He says detectives believe McKinley was killed by an self-inflicted gunshot wound.

Wonder what the last thing that went through his mind....

Other than that bullet.

BigRedChief
09-20-2010, 08:41 PM
So if this was a prayer thread for someone on this board, and people were making jokes about it...you wouldn't have a problem with it?there have been several threads on here from Planeteers that had a close family member commit suicide. For the most part they have been very thoughtful and respectful.

There are many people whose thoughts are with the family and the people who loved the person who committed suicide.There are those who will call the person who committed suicide a chicken, selfish etc,

Each person in life has a breaking point. They see no hope for a happy life. Everyone else tells them they can have a happy life but inside they see no way that can happen.

Hog Farmer
09-20-2010, 08:42 PM

ROFL Oh Wait ! You insensitive Bass terd !

Ebolapox
09-20-2010, 08:42 PM
I just find it interesting that you mentioned respecting life in relation to a person who rather clearly did not.

I realize that some may find it ugly to make snide comments about one who has chosen to end their life, but I'm extraordinarily comfortable in my opinion of them.

Edit: I will note that I have considerably more empathy for youngsters who commit this act.

as a wise man (my dad) once told me, two wrongs don't make a right. just because he didn't respect his life or the lives of his survivors doesn't mean we shouldn't.

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-20-2010, 08:44 PM

Um, lol?

Donger
09-20-2010, 08:46 PM
as a wise man (my dad) once told me, two wrongs don't make a right. just because he didn't respect his life or the lives of his survivors doesn't mean we shouldn't.

I'm not of the opinion that it's wrong to chastise one who takes their own life.

BigRedChief
09-20-2010, 08:51 PM
as a wise man (my dad) once told me, two wrongs don't make a right. just because he didn't respect his life or the lives of his survivors doesn't mean we shouldn't.turn the other cheek, he who is without sin cast the first stone, treat others as you would want to be treated...pick your analogy....they all lead to the same place.

RedThat
09-20-2010, 08:51 PM
there have been several threads on here from Planeteers that had a close family member commit suicide. For the most part they have been very thoughtful and respectful.

There are many people whose thoughts are with the family and the people who loved the person who committed suicide.There are those who will call the person who committed suicide a chicken, selfish etc,

Each person in life has a breaking point. They see no hope for a happy life. Everyone else tells them they can have a happy life but inside they see no way that can happen.

OR, maybe, its just really really difficult for these type of people to even achieve that "happy" life given there psychological conditions. It's like being in that ditch and trying to get out.

This is my opinion, I think having a psychological disorder, I'll use depression as an example, is one of the toughest battles a human being can face. But the worst part about it is, very few people perceive depression well. As a result, people tend to shy away from it. Having that one less person to talk to in your daily life, or one less friend to be around can be really frustrating and that could have an effect in making the disease worse. JMO

*Im using my example as a way to try to reinforce/reflect off your point on how this can lead to others feeling they have no hope for happiness.

Mr. Flopnuts
09-20-2010, 08:55 PM
Floppy I hear what you're saying in terms of the difference. However, I would just say that some of the comments posted might deter someone from posting a prayer request, need for support, etc because those thoughts are in the back of someone's mind when they post. In that way, it does affect people here if they won't share knowing what people truly think about it.

Is that a stretch? Maybe or maybe not. Either way, responsible as he is for the decision he made....we all are. Early onset of cancer, heart disease, car accidents, etc are more often than not directly related to a chain of bad decisions. Are they also to be held in contempt as this man?

That is the last thing I would want anyone to take from my comments, and I see the validity of your statement. This place is more than just a football board. It's a community for those of us that take it seriously. So for that, I apologize. It's truly not my intentions.

I just don't personally have sympathy for people who are so weak willed that they abandon everyone that loves them because life got "too tough" for them. Life is tough, and it damn sure isn't fair all the time. Whenever things look down, it's not hard to look in another direction and see someone who has it a lot rougher than you do.

But I digress, and revert back to my original statement on the matter for it's the honest to God's truth. This whole thing is a damn shame.

Al Bundy
09-20-2010, 08:58 PM
We have NO idea what was going on inside this kid's head, heart, soul and body. Multiple concussions, severe depression? Anyone actually no? I am afraid we are going to see a lot more NFL players and former NFL players have bad things happen to them due to concussions and other things. I have battled depression most of my life since my teens and have been lucky. R.I.P. may you find the peace you couldn't find here on this earth.

Von Dumbass
09-20-2010, 09:06 PM
Damn. That guy was a good kid too and really wanted to be a great WR. He would follow Eddie Royal around and was always anxious to work with Rod Smith whenever Rod would come around. He was a good ole country boy.

RedThat
09-20-2010, 09:07 PM
We have NO idea what was going on inside this kid's head, heart, soul and body. Multiple concussions, severe depression? Anyone actually no? I am afraid we are going to see a lot more NFL players and former NFL players have bad things happen to them due to concussions and other things. I have battled depression most of my life since my teens and have been lucky. R.I.P. may you find the peace you couldn't find here on this earth.

You are very fortunate. Not a lot of people can do that. Give yourself all the loving your heart needs. You deserve it. Keep fighting, I have respect for you. It's not an easy thing to do.

I sometimes wonder though, what would people say to those who battle depression and actually get through it?

*I don't agree with how some say, depressed people have weak minds. Just don't agree with those statements at all. I think people who face the really tough battles(i.e., depression) within themselves, and do the best they can and actually get through it, those are the true fighters imo. And I think to do that on a day to day basis take a lot of patience and strength.

DenverChief
09-20-2010, 09:07 PM
R.I.P. may you find the peace you couldn't find here on this earth.

QFT

R.I.P. Kenny

Al Bundy
09-20-2010, 09:13 PM
You are very fortunate. Not a lot of people can do that. Give yourself all the loving your heart needs. You deserve it. Keep fighting, I have respect for you. It's not an easy thing to do.

I sometimes wonder though, what would people say to those who battle depression and actually get through it?

*I don't agree with how some say, depressed people have weak minds. Just don't agree with those statements at all. I think people who face the really tough battles(i.e., depression) within themselves, and do the best they can and actually get through it, those are the true fighters imo. And I think to do that on a day to day basis take a lot of patience and strength.

It is an every day thing. I don't give a shit what anyone says, you have to make up your mind but people also have to remember when it does strike you that you aren't in your right mind. Sad thing is a lot of people don't realize the signs were there until it is too late. You learn every day above ground is a good day, and to the people here criticizing him I would hope they never have to walk a day in his shoes. My life has been relatively easy compared to others I know, but it doesn't make me hurt any less than I do hearing about this kid. If he was battling what I have battled I am truly sorry he didn't get the help he needed before it was too late.

RedThat
09-20-2010, 09:27 PM
It is an every day thing. I don't give a shit what anyone says, you have to make up your mind but people also have to remember when it does strike you that you aren't in your right mind. Sad thing is a lot of people don't realize the signs were there until it is too late. You learn every day above ground is a good day, and to the people here criticizing him I would hope they never have to walk a day in his shoes. My life has been relatively easy compared to others I know, but it doesn't make me hurt any less than I do hearing about this kid. If he was battling what I have battled I am truly sorry he didn't get the help he needed before it was too late.

Thats why I have respect for people who can get through it. And thats not to say I disrespect this kid. Im truly sad to see that it was to late for him. just being in that frame of mind, I can only imagine how hard it must of been for him to even think clearly? Or just realize what he was doing, and knowing that there is a light side to life, but unfortunately it was difficult for him to see that light because his negative emotions overpowered him.

*I agree with you man. depression is a life I'd never wish for anybody either

Al Bundy
09-20-2010, 09:47 PM
I feel bad for this kid, I feel bad for his family and I feel badly for his friends. Not going to make judgement's on this young man.

Mile High Mania
09-20-2010, 10:20 PM
If this were some backup for the Chiefs and KnowMo was on here saying some of these things... you'd insta-ban him.

It's a sad deal for the guy and his family, in a month... nobody will be talking about it, so just hold back from making the wild ass statements.

DaneMcCloud
09-20-2010, 10:25 PM
I just don't personally have sympathy for people who are so weak willed that they abandon everyone that loves them because life got "too tough" for them. Life is tough, and it damn sure isn't fair all the time. Whenever things look down, it's not hard to look in another direction and see someone who has it a lot rougher than you do.

More often than not, those people are severely depressed, many to the point where it's an illness, not a state of mind.

I've been around people that experienced severe depression to the point of suicide. They don't WANT to be depressed but can't control it. Fortunately, those who I've known sought medical attention and the meds made a tremendous difference.

There's also been several recent studies recently linking depression and suicide to football and brain damage. There was a kid from Penn that just killed himself in the last few weeks, to the surprise of everyone that knew him. The doctors found brain disease linked with head trauma, so I wouldn't be surprised if something similar didn't occur in this case.

Groves
09-20-2010, 10:28 PM
Sad. I'm sorry for him and his fam.

I chose to eat brats a few days ago, and even though there were some very clear reasons for doing so, not a one of you here can tell us what they were. If you knew much about the situation it would be a slam dunk explanation, and still, nobody here can reveal it.

Cause you don't know squat.

Now, take a situation with way more complexity, this guy who's ended his life. Bunch of armchair psychologists. What makes you think you know anything about anything with this situation?

I'm all for speculation. Have at it, but have the good sense to qualify them with "I'm totally guessing", or at least an attitude of the same.

Dang. Broke my soapbox. Carry on.

Mr. Kotter
09-20-2010, 10:29 PM
If this were some backup for the Chiefs and KnowMo was on here saying some of these things... you'd insta-ban him.

It's a sad deal for the guy and his family, in a month... nobody will be talking about it, so just hold back from making the wild ass statements.

True dat'...but, ya know what? Too many wing-tard idiot-types reside here to rise above it; so why would you really expect anything different/unusual? I realize, CP with all its faults...still rises above the Mange or any other Bronco site when you want to discuss classy behavior by opposing fans. But you are really expecting a lot....

Just sayin'. :hmmm:

Mile High Mania
09-20-2010, 10:35 PM
True dat'...but, ya know what? Too many wing-tard idiot-types reside here to rise above it; so why would you really expect anything different/unusual? I realize, CP with all its faults...still rises above the Mange or any other Bronco site when you want to discuss classy behavior by opposing fans. But you are really expecting a lot....

Just sayin'. :hmmm:

MileHighReport.com is actually a really good and friendly site - no relation to me either. But, if you ever did want to visit a good Broncos' site, that would be one. CP has gone down a bit with some members over the years... but it's expected to happen when a site has been doing good for so long.

RedNFeisty
09-20-2010, 10:43 PM
Depression is a mental illness I hope to never truly understand (studying and reading about depression does not equate to understanding), I do feel mercy for the young people who think there is no better alternative and take their own lives.

As for grown adults with families, children, and people who love and depend on them, I feel less merciful. In this day and age, try every alternative (treatment) before the final ever lasting one. Don't make your final act in life the most selfish ever.

As mentioned before, may McKinley find the peace he is searching for, R.I.P. young man.

Al Bundy
09-20-2010, 10:47 PM
More often than not, those people are severely depressed, many to the point where it's an illness, not a state of mind.

I've been around people that experienced severe depression to the point of suicide. They don't WANT to be depressed but can't control it. Fortunately, those who I've known sought medical attention and the meds made a tremendous difference.

There's also been several recent studies recently linking depression and suicide to football and brain damage. There was a kid from Penn that just killed himself in the last few weeks, to the surprise of everyone that knew him. The doctors found brain disease linked with head trauma, so I wouldn't be surprised if something similar didn't occur in this case.

Like I stated in my post as well. But according to some here he was just a selfish bastard, when in reality we don't know if this kid had some sort of brain damage due to concussions or what. Very sad deal when someone does do a permanent solution when they could have gotten help.

RedNFeisty
09-20-2010, 10:50 PM

Nobody has talked about Tony Dungy's son committing suicide in a long time, and most people like Tony Dungy.

It's all perspective, no one interrupts every situation the same way. Some people have more compassion for others, are more willing to give the benefit of the doubt, or realize there are just things they don't understand and shouldn't comment on it.

With that being said, freedom of speech and opinion, that's what makes are country great.

munkey
09-20-2010, 10:58 PM
Suicide is the most selfish act on the planet...I don't feel sorry for him what so ever...his family yes...him...no way in hell. May he burn there for all eternity.

DA_T_84
09-20-2010, 11:00 PM
Suicide is the most selfish act on the planet...I don't feel sorry for him what so ever...his family yes...him...no way in hell. May he burn there for all eternity.

eaaaaasssy, there, Mr. Brimstone!

KcMizzou
09-20-2010, 11:01 PM
Damn. RIP, kid.

I'm not one to judge. You never know what's going on in other people lives or heads. Any 23 yr old making that choice... is a sad deal.

Rough for the Broncos too. I mean, I hate 'em... but I don't wish (having to deal with the) death (of team mates) on 'em.

munkey
09-20-2010, 11:01 PM
eaaaaasssy, there, Mr. Brimstone!

:evil:

Groves
09-20-2010, 11:03 PM

Apparently, concentration camps the world over just so happen to be filled with selfish people. Interesting theory.

munkey
09-20-2010, 11:04 PM
on a serious note...I've dealt with suicide in the family...its never forgotten and effects everyone...hence...a selfish act on behalf of the one that commits it.

Just my .02

munkey
09-20-2010, 11:05 PM
Apparently, concentration camps the world over just so happen to be filled with selfish people. Interesting theory.

:spock:

Groves
09-20-2010, 11:26 PM

There are lots of suicides in concentration camps, and I don't think it's because they're selfish people. I hope that connects the dots.

I'm not trying to be inflammatory, I'm really not.

I'm very sorry that there's been suicide in your family. I can't imagine the devastation, and I hear you loud and clear when you say that it's not forgotten and it affects everyone.

I still suggest that those things (not forgotten and affecting everyone) do not automatically make it a selfish act. People are murdered or get sick or a billion other things that are both not forgotten and affect everyone, but that doesn't make the person selfish.

I can't speak to your family member, and maybe you're just giving a data point about a selfish person who committed suicide. I still stick by my opinion that even though it's sometimes selfish, we're fools to put it in the "always selfish" category.

wow. I guess my soapbox wasn't totally broken after all. Sorry folks.

Phobia
09-20-2010, 11:28 PM
Sad, sad, sad. Just an awful situation. Broncos/Chiefs rivalry aside, this is a rough road for anybody near. I don't have a lot of sympathy for the suicidee but do for those who loved him.

Mr. Flopnuts
09-20-2010, 11:28 PM

Give me a fucking break. This is a Chiefs board. Any of us would've been banned from the Minge a long time ago, and everyone there would've talked major shit had it been a Chief. Let's not be drama queens over the whole thing.

Mr. Flopnuts
09-20-2010, 11:30 PM
MileHighReport.com is actually a really good and friendly site - no relation to me either. But, if you ever did want to visit a good Broncos' site, that would be one. CP has gone down a bit with some members over the years... but it's expected to happen when a site has been doing good for so long.

munkey
09-20-2010, 11:31 PM
There are lots of suicides in concentration camps, and I don't think it's because they're selfish people. I hope that connects the dots.

I'm not trying to be inflammatory, I'm really not.

I'm very sorry that there's been suicide in your family. I can't imagine the devastation, and I hear you loud and clear when you say that it's not forgotten and it affects everyone.

I still suggest that those things (not forgotten and affecting everyone) do not automatically make it a selfish act. People are murdered or get sick or a billion other things that are both not forgotten and affect everyone, but that doesn't make the person selfish.

I can't speak to your family member, and maybe you're just giving a data point about a selfish person who committed suicide. I still stick by my opinion that even though it's sometimes selfish, we're fools to put it in the "always selfish" category.

wow. I guess my soapbox wasn't totally broken after all. Sorry folks.

So what does one think of other then themselves when contimplating or committing the act?...really...comparing a kid that messed up his knee after year two of an NFL career is DOES NOT a concentration camp comparison make...apples and oranges.

munkey
09-20-2010, 11:33 PM
Sad, sad, sad. Just an awful situation. Broncos/Chiefs rivalry aside, this is a rough road for anybody near. I don't have a lot of sympathy for the suicidee but do for those who loved him.

ditto...friendo...:D

Mr. Flopnuts
09-20-2010, 11:34 PM
So what does one think of other then themselves when contimplating or committing the act?...really...comparing a kid that messed up his knee after year two of an NFL career is DOES NOT a concentration camp comparison make...apples and oranges.

Apples and oranges at a bare minimum. Completely unfuckingrelated is more realistic.

BIG_DADDY
09-20-2010, 11:41 PM
That sucks for the people close to Kenny.

Mr. Flopnuts
09-20-2010, 11:47 PM
That sucks for the people close to Kenny.

That's exactly what I'm saying, plus a little bit more.

BIG_DADDY
09-20-2010, 11:55 PM
That's exactly what I'm saying, plus a little bit more.

Kenny obviously had serious issues. It is what it is but he hurt a lot of people close to him for very selfish reasons. I lost a good friend this way that I tried to help. I still remember the look on his families face. I will remember the look on his little boys face for the rest of my life. No sympathy from me, I was there for the family.

Barret
09-20-2010, 11:55 PM
Not sure if he was married or had kids but I hope they are dealing with this and can get through it.

On a side note, wasn't there a study completed about how people that are infused with so much money so quickly sometimes don't know what to do with it and spend it all and are broke afterward?

Many of you think that he had a alot of money and he probably did. But if he were in debt up to his eye balls and has been on the IR for 2 years then he might be looking at getting cut. Now as an injury risk and fringe player who would hire him on their team? Now looking back that he got out of college early so no degree, The only thing he knows is football so no job skills, and he has spent all his money on friends, booze,cars, houses and whatever. The Friends dry up real quick like rats leaving a sinking ship. So now all he does is think about stuff, alone with no one to talk to except all the creditors knocking on his door or ringing his phone off the hook.

So what is life to this person now? If he did have a chemical imbalance then this has kicked in and the dark thoughts creep in and start whispering but get louder with no help. Convinced there is no future except the pain of having to deal with the injuries he got on IR and all the money issues and whatever else that the mind can manifest that is negative he believes the only option is to take away all the pain and make it all stop.

Now I am not saying these things happened to him, but the mind is much more powerful then anyone really thinks it is and when it is out of whack, all these things start making logical sense to the depressed person.

Anyway it is a tragedy that his friends or co-workers didnt see any signs of it happening in his behavior.

Rausch
09-20-2010, 11:56 PM
For his friends, family, and fans I pray you find peace...

munkey
09-20-2010, 11:56 PM
Kenny obviously had serious issues. It is what it is but he hurt a lot of people close to him for very selfish reasons. I lost a good friend this way I tried to help him. I still remember the look on his families face. I still remember the look on his little boys face for the rest of my life. No sympathy from me, I was there for the family.

My uncle did himself back in 72'...my cousins have really never recovered from it....

Mr. Flopnuts
09-20-2010, 11:57 PM
Kenny obviously had serious issues. It is what it is but he hurt a lot of people close to him for very selfish reasons. I lost a good friend this way I tried to help him. I still remember the look on his families face. I still remember the look on his little boys face for the rest of my life. No sympathy from me, I was there for the family.

That's all you can do. Way to step up and be there when someone else chose not to be. I hope my statement doesn't appear insensitive my friend, it's meant to be quite the opposite. Sometimes when we care so much about someone, we're forced to help clean up the messes they leave behind. I can relate first hand.

munkey
09-20-2010, 11:58 PM
For his friends, family, and fans I pray you find peace...

That's really the problem with suicide...you never find it...you always wonder why and were things really that bad?

BIG_DADDY
09-21-2010, 12:06 AM
That's all you can do. Way to step up and be there when someone else chose not to be. I hope my statement doesn't appear insensitive my friend, it's meant to be quite the opposite. Sometimes when we care so much about someone, we're forced to help clean up the messes they leave behind. I can relate first hand.

If I could go back and kick his ass before he did it I would. I still can't believe how pathetic an act it was. You got a little boy asshole who will grow up spending the rest of his life knowing his dad didn't think the time they would spend together or the fact that he needed a dad was important enough to not do the ultimate cowardly act not to mention everyone else involved. Dude made a good living too.

BIG_DADDY
09-21-2010, 12:18 AM
Robinson said authorities were called by a female friend of McKinley's who discovered the body after returning from an errand with his child.

With his kid, really? I don't even know what to say.

ClevelandBronco
09-21-2010, 12:24 AM

I kind of doubt it. I've posted plenty of disrespectful shit about DT here. I don't know. Maybe it's tolerated because he's been gone longer.

At any rate, DT's death was a more pointless act of stupidity. At least this kid intended to take his own life. Derrick was just too arrogant to protect the life that he presumably still wanted.

BIG_DADDY
09-21-2010, 12:25 AM
I kind of doubt it. I've posted plenty of disrespectful shit about DT here. I don't know. Maybe it's tolerated because he's been gone longer.

At any rate, DT's death was a more pointless act of stupidity. At least this kid intended to take his own life. Derrick was just too arrogant to protect the life that he presumably still wanted.

ROFL

ClevelandBronco
09-21-2010, 12:29 AM
ROFL

Okay. About what?

Josef Mengele
09-21-2010, 12:33 AM
With his kid, really? I don't even know what to say.

You can be at a loss for words, nobody will think any lesser of you than they already do. Realistically that wouldn't be possible.

BIG_DADDY
09-21-2010, 12:34 AM

Do you even read some of your own stuff dude? It may not be cool but the difference ethically in making a mistake or purposely taking your own life when you know your kid is about to come in and see you is light years apart. The way you make it sound it's the other way around.

yhf
09-21-2010, 12:41 AM
Big Daddy pipe down. You demonize one person for selfishly abandoning their child by choosing death but defend another that chose to leave a trail of unsupported bastards while living.

ClevelandBronco
09-21-2010, 12:42 AM
Do you even read some of your own stuff dude? It may not be cool but the difference ethically in making a mistake or purposely taking your own life when you know your kid is about to come in and see you is light years apart. The way you make it sound it's the other way around.

DT was an irresponsible asshole that lived and died arrogantly. He threw his life away (as well as his friend's) as casually as he spread his brainless seed.

This kid is a tragedy. Thomas was a comedy.

POND_OF_RED
09-21-2010, 12:43 AM

insta-ban incoming. :) It is kind of funny that this whole conversation is about to come to an argument of which team dies better. Gotta love a good rivalry. :D

DaneMcCloud
DT was an irresponsible asshole that lived and died arrogantly. He threw his life away (as well as his friend's) as casually as he spread his brainless seed.

This kid is a tragedy. Thomas was a comedy.

Pretty much.

And I saw it firsthand on many, many occasions.

KcMizzou

This kid is a tragedy. Thomas was a comedy.Dude...

Fuck you.

Josef Mengele
Big Daddy pipe down. You demonize one person for selfishly abandoning their child by choosing death but defend another that chose to leave a trail of unsupported bastards while living.

How do you think Big Daddy's alcoholism impacts his relationship with his children?

Is it more positive when the Jack Daniels' gets poured into the sippy cup?

I guess that is the beauty of perspective.

BIG_DADDY
09-21-2010, 12:44 AM

I'm not supporting him at all. Both are bad. Killing yourself so your kid can see on purpose is in a league of it's own IMO, that's all.

BIG_DADDY
09-21-2010, 12:45 AM
How do you think Big Daddy's alcoholism impacts his relationship with his children?

Is it more positive when the Jack Daniels' gets poured into the sippy cup?

I guess that is the beauty of perspective.

Frankie?

ClevelandBronco
09-21-2010, 12:46 AM
Dude...

**** you.

I knew you'd like that.

Josef Mengele
09-21-2010, 12:47 AM
Frankie?

No, my name is Doctor Mengele. You must suffer from memory loss.

DaneMcCloud
09-21-2010, 12:47 AM
Dude...

Fuck you.

It's true.

The dude was at Brother's III, Leggs and all the other strips clubs on a nightly basis. He banged one of my stripper "girlfriends" repeatedly and gave me seats to Chiefs games.

I'm not stating that he wasn't a nice guy, but he clearly had major issues.

People just don't go around having seven kids by five different women (or whatever, I can't remember) and are later considered "normal".

BIG_DADDY
09-21-2010, 12:52 AM
No, my name is Doctor Mengele. You must suffer from memory loss.

4 post memory loss, yea that's me Mr. WAY TO BIG a COWARD to expose himself. Baghdad Bob, nice you could join us.Nobody else would be retarded enough to give themself a Dr. title except maybe Phoney Gonzales/John Wayne. You know who you are, that's all that's important.

POND_OF_RED
09-21-2010, 12:52 AM
It's true.

The dude was at Brother's III, Leggs and all the other strips clubs on a nightly basis. He banged one of my stripper "girlfriends" repeatedly and gave me seats to Chiefs games.

People just don't go around having seven kids by five different women (or whatever, I can't remember) and are later considered "normal".

Maybe he was a sex addict. If only we knew back then how serious of a condition sex addiction can really be.

BIG_DADDY
09-21-2010, 12:53 AM
It's true.

WOW, OK.

Josef Mengele
09-21-2010, 12:54 AM
4 post memory loss, yea that's me Mr. WAY TO BIG a COWARD to expose himself. Baghdad Bob, nice you could join us.Nobody else would be retarded enough to give themself a Dr. title except maybe Phoney Gonzales/John Wayne. You know who you are, that's all that's important.

Yeah, I know who I am. You do not.

It is cool though, Big. Slam down a couple brews. I'm sure you are a smart guy and can drink responsibly without harming yourself or others.

BIG_DADDY
09-21-2010, 12:54 AM
Yeah, I know who I am. You do not.

It is cool though, Big. Slam down a couple brews. I'm sure you are a smart guy and can drink responsibly without harming yourself or others.

Coward

DaneMcCloud
09-21-2010, 12:55 AM
WOW, OK.

Yeah man, I can tell all kinds of stories.

I've shared a few over the years, but not too many because my intent isn't to smear his name.

But he definitely had some issues. Issues that a guy like him, a guy with that ability, shouldn't have.

I was really bummed when he passed.

KcMizzou
09-21-2010, 12:56 AM
It's true.

People just don't go around having seven kids by five different women (or whatever, I can't remember) and are later considered "normal".Too late to argue about it... but I don't see how that makes his death a "comedy".

Josef Mengele
Coward

You really shouldn't bring up repressed memories of yourself through the internet, Big Daddy. Maybe that is just the booze talking?

ClevelandBronco
Frankie?

I'm going with vailpass for now.

Josef Mengele
09-21-2010, 12:59 AM

Vail Pass?

Not into skiing.

Terrible guess.

DaneMcCloud
Too late to argue about it... but I don't see how that makes his death a "comedy".

I think (and I'm not going to speak CB) but many of Shakespeare's works were either labeled as "Comedies" or "Tragedies".

Most of the time, those "comedies" were clinics in irony. They weren't "funny" as much as they were somewhat ironic, tragic tales with a nice ending.

ClevelandBronco
Too late to argue about it... but I don't see how that makes his death a "comedy".

Well, it's a really dark comedy.

Hell, I consider "A Clockwork Orange" to be a comedy. (The movie, not the book.)

Josef Mengele
09-21-2010, 01:00 AM
Oh Dane,

Don't baffle us with anymore B.S. You know damn well you've never read one of William's works.

BIG_DADDY
09-21-2010, 01:01 AM

Doesn't matter who the masked man is only that we know he is a coward. Only other possibility is redrum, I am actually going to guess it's him at this point. Too sharp to be Frankie or Phoney G.

Josef Mengele
09-21-2010, 01:01 AM
Hell, I consider "A Clockwork Orange" to be a comedy. (The movie, not the book.)

How about Schindler's List?

DaneMcCloud
09-21-2010, 01:02 AM
Oh Dane,

Don't baffle us with anymore B.S. You know damn well you've never read one of William's works.

I have an unabridged version of ALL of Shakespeare's works in my library.

But go ahead and act like an ass, Phoney.

ClevelandBronco
09-21-2010, 01:02 AM
Doesn't matter who the masked man is only that we know he is a coward.

Or maybe he just enjoys his fun. Lighten up, man. It's only life. It's not like it's something serious.

Josef Mengele
09-21-2010, 01:03 AM
Doesn't matter who the masked man is only that we know he is a coward.

The idea of me being a coward comes from your perception that I'm some sort of long-time or familiar user on the forum who has re-joined with a different user name. Is that right?

Talk about a swing and a miss pal!

BIG_DADDY
09-21-2010, 01:04 AM
Doesn't matter who the masked man is only that we know he is a coward. Only other possibility is redrum, I am actually going to guess it's him at this point. Too sharp to be Frankie or Phoney G.

Because he can spell and has at least some game even if it's weak.

BIG_DADDY
09-21-2010, 01:05 AM
The idea of me being a coward comes from your perception that I'm some sort of long-time or familiar user on the forum who has re-joined with a different user name. Is that right?

Talk about a swing and a miss pal!

redrum, ROFL Sup? MO wants to kill you u know?

Josef Mengele
09-21-2010, 01:05 AM
I have an unabridged version of ALL of Shakespeare's works in my library.

But go ahead and act like an ass, Phoney.

Yeah, a lot of people have books in their libraries that they have never read. I will stand pat with my stance that you've never dabbled entirely through one work of Shakespeare -- to the point of being able to understand, analyze or conceptualize it.

BIG_DADDY
09-21-2010, 01:06 AM
Or maybe he just enjoys his fun. Lighten up, man. It's only life. It's not like it's something serious.

WHAT? Ok

DaneMcCloud
09-21-2010, 01:06 AM

This guy is a dupe, Bro.

Dupe's have for the most part, pissed off people beyond belief over the years.

I'm neither mad or upset in any way that another dupe has appeared, but it is trying.

These dupes must just be lonely assholes.

ClevelandBronco
09-21-2010, 01:07 AM
How about Schindler's List?

"I pardon you."

The factory worker that survives execution when the gun won't fire.

The scene when Schindler bemoans not saving more people while taking inventory of his worldly possessions. (Okay, that scene was only funny because of the ham-handed writing and acting).

It had its comedic moments.

Josef Mengele
09-21-2010, 01:09 AM
These dupes must just be lonely assholes.

Oh, I know -- I know!

Who is Dane McCloud, the self-professed vag destroyer who spends a bulk of his free time enhancing his image through an online social forum because his real life personality is so destitute that he has no other way to get attention.

How many dollars was that one worth, Trebek?

DaneMcCloud
09-21-2010, 01:09 AM
Yeah, a lot of people have books in their libraries that they have never read. I will stand pat with my stance that you've never dabbled entirely through one work of Shakespeare -- to the point of being able to understand, analyze or conceptualize it.

Go fuck your mother again.

She and your sister are waiting.

ClevelandBronco
09-21-2010, 01:10 AM

How can one dabble entirely, especially to the point of being able to understand, analyze and conceptualize a work? That ain't dabbling.

BIG_DADDY
09-21-2010, 01:13 AM
Oh, I know -- I know!

Who is Dane McCloud, the self-professed vag destroyer who spends a bulk of his free time enhancing his image through an online social forum because his real life personality is so destitute that he has no other way to get attention.

How many dollars was that one worth, Trebek?

You know if MO finds you your dead, right Mr. Off the Grid?

Josef Mengele
09-21-2010, 01:13 AM
How can one dabble entirely, especially to the point of being able to understand, analyze and conceptualize a work? That ain't dabbling.

Dabbling refers to the process, Young Cleveland Bronco. We all know this Dane McCloud guy is all hat and no cattle. You aren't really going to defend this lemming. . . are you!?

Josef Mengele
09-21-2010, 01:15 AM
You know if MO finds you your dead, right Mr. Off the Grid?

I'm not sure who MO is. Moe Szyslak? Is this a place where Polish people can connect online?

BIG_DADDY
09-21-2010, 01:20 AM
I'm not sure who MO is. Moe Szyslak? Is this a place where Polish people can connect online?

Yea OK dude, good luck with your reinvention. My 2 cents, leave MO alone. Good night.

Josef Mengele
09-21-2010, 01:22 AM
Yea OK dude, good luck with your reinvention. My 2 cents, leave MO alone. Good night.

Yeah? Still don't know who MO is. Though, from the less than half hour I've been on this forum. . . I can tell you are an idiot. Big time.

ClevelandBronco
09-21-2010, 01:24 AM
Dabbling refers to the process, Young Cleveland Bronco. We all know this Dane McCloud guy is all hat and no cattle. You aren't really going to defend this lemming. . . are you!?

Dane is definitely a bro. Yes, I would defend him if I ever ran across the almost unimaginable scenario in which he couldn't defend himself quite handily, thank you very much.

By the way, I'm bordering on old (Let's just say that AARP thinks that we're on a first-name basis in our relationship.), and I've only read William Shakespeare when I've been threatened with serious academic consequences.

Josef Mengele
09-21-2010, 01:27 AM
Oh, that is too bad. Dane just seems like another one of those run-of-the-mill internet tough guys who doesn't have much to show for in reality, which probably describes the way he behaves a majority of the time. We'll see if he makes it past 50 with his self-destructive behavior.

ClevelandBronco
09-21-2010, 01:31 AM
Well, you're not vailpass. Your use of the word "ardent" earlier was a red herring.

Josef Mengele
09-21-2010, 01:33 AM
Yeah?

I've already clued you guys in -- I'm not anyone who has been here before.

ClevelandBronco
09-21-2010, 01:35 AM
Yeah?

I've already clued you guys in -- I'm not anyone who has been here before.

Welcome.

Josef Mengele
09-21-2010, 01:36 AM
Thanks. Now I will sleep.

big nasty kcnut
09-21-2010, 01:54 AM
Too bad about the guy dieing but you think the broncos would stop doing things to bring bad karma like cheating and hurting people.

DaneMcCloud
09-21-2010, 02:04 AM
Oh, that is too bad. Dane just seems like another one of those run-of-the-mill internet tough guys who doesn't have much to show for in reality, which probably describes the way he behaves a majority of the time. We'll see if he makes it past 50 with his self-destructive behavior.

The internet kills

CoMoChief
09-21-2010, 02:07 AM
It's true.

Derrick Thomas #58

5 women
8 kids

blew away all his money as a player on and off the field. Left his family with virtually nothing. Yet he's looked upon as some fucking King in the KC area. He's only a sports athlete w/ god given talents that entertained us on Sunday afternoons. I dont know why people get so emotional about the guy. He was a POS in a lot of matters in life.

DaneMcCloud
09-21-2010, 02:09 AM
Derrick Thomas #58

5 women
8 kids

blew away all his money as a player on and off the field. Left his family with virtually nothing. Yet he's looked upon as some fucking King in the KC area. He's only a sports athlete w/ god given talents that entertained us on Sunday afternoons. I dont know why people get so emotional about the guy. He was a POS in a lot of matters in life.

He was a big hearted guy when it came to strangers, which is even more sad when you think about the people he left behind.

Simply Red
09-21-2010, 05:04 AM
Derrick Thomas #58

5 women
8 kids

blew away all his money as a player on and off the field. Left his family with virtually nothing. Yet he's looked upon as some ****ing King in the KC area. He's only a sports athlete w/ god given talents that entertained us on Sunday afternoons. I dont know why people get so emotional about the guy. He was a POS in a lot of matters in life.

I hope he makes it down here w/ the living and sacks your ass.

PhillyChiefFan
09-21-2010, 05:48 AM
No matter what team he played for it's tragic.

eazyb81
09-21-2010, 06:07 AM
No matter what team he played for it's tragic.

Agree. What an embarrassment of a thread.

KC Jones
09-21-2010, 07:01 AM
Agree. What an embarrassment of a thread.

Absolutely. I've been down the road of severe depression and I feel for what that kid went through and the pain he left behind for others. How someone can't have a little bit of compassion or empathy for that situation is beyond me. Not to mention some respect for the dead.

Groves
09-21-2010, 07:14 AM
.comparing a kid that messed up his knee after year two of an NFL career is DOES NOT a concentration camp comparison make...apples and oranges.

Apples and oranges at a bare minimum. Completely un****ingrelated is more realistic.

I think we're all in agreement. They're totally apples and oranges. I've been saying that all along.

Where we DISagree is that you guys know exactly which of the categories this guy falls in. Was he just a whiney pro athlete that chose to check out and ruin his family? Was he tortured beyond ability to bear?

We just don't know, we're not close enough.

Thus, our predictions need to be salted with humility. That's all I'm saying.

Saulbadguy
09-21-2010, 07:16 AM
http://goemaw.com/forum/Smileys/goEMAW/suicide.gif

Hog Farmer
09-21-2010, 07:28 AM
Too bad about the guy dieing but you think the broncos would stop doing things to bring bad karma like cheating and hurting people.

Excellent post Mr. nasty nut !

King_Chief_Fan
09-21-2010, 07:53 AM
You really shouldn't bring up repressed memories of yourself through the internet, Big Daddy. Maybe that is just the booze talking?

I am having fun watching you guys get played by the mystery man....you all jumping through your asses for little or no reason is pure comedy...or is it a tragedy...what would William say?

tooge
09-21-2010, 08:22 AM
bring him in for a look? Ok, that was bad. RIP. I always feel that there is some difference with death when it is suicide rather than some other circumstance. Is it sad? Of course it is. Is it tragic? You bet, mainly because those close to him weren't able to see the warning signs and if they did, apparently, nothig was done about it. Having said all that, suicide is an incredibly selfish act, and I always feel more sorry for those left to clean up the mess than the person that created it.

PunkinDrublic
09-21-2010, 09:38 AM
The Donks are being eliminated from the playoffs one player at a time.

BIG_DADDY
09-21-2010, 09:44 AM

It's dog killing country dude, that's just the way they roll.

manchambo
09-21-2010, 11:36 AM

Absolutely false. There is no evidence that a "chemical imbalance" leads to pedophilia or any other sort of sexual attraction.

On the other hand, there is abundant evidence demonstrating that suicide victims have lower brain serotonin levels than the average person. Serotonin is a neurotransmitter that is related tor mood and, perhaps, impulse control, and, although none of this is completely understood, lots of evidence suggests that low serotonin levels are related to depression.

Just one of several instances were your statements in this thread are not only stunningly insensitive and mean-spirited, but so obviously wrong as to reveal that you must be retarded, or very-nearly so.

I really believe that the worst aspect of the internet is that is gives people with 70 IQs an opportunity to inflict their blighted world-view on the rest of us.

King_Chief_Fan
09-21-2010, 11:40 AM
Absolutely false. There is no evidence that a "chemical imbalance" leads to pedophilia or any other sort of sexual attraction.

On the other hand, there is abundant evidence demonstrating that suicide victims have lower brain serotonin levels than the average person. Serotonin is a neurotransmitter that is related tor mood and, perhaps, impulse control, and, although none of this is completely understood, lots of evidence suggests that low serotonin levels are related to depression.

Just one of several instances were your statements in this thread are not only stunningly insensitive and mean-spirited, but so obviously wrong as to reveal that you must be retarded, or very-nearly so.

I really believe that the worst aspect of the internet is that is gives people with 70 IQs an opportunity to inflict their blighted world-view on the rest of us.

he has a chemical imbalance

Freyaka
09-21-2010, 06:11 PM
You know I'm not normally the type to go to opposing teams forums and post things because I'm not much for talking smack but some of you "people" should be ashamed of yourselves. A human being tragically made the choice to leave his son without a father and the best you can do is crack jokes about it and laugh. I'm amazed that the moderators of this forum would allow such classlessness. Broncoscountry mods would have ben deleting posts left and right and handing out bans and infractions over such childishness.

For those of you who have expressed genuine condolences thank you for understanding the seriousness of the situation.

For the rest of you grow up....it's no wonder people hate chiefs fans so much....your as bad as classless raiders fans! How would you feel if we started making fun of Derrick Thomas dying? Just like that this is not something that's funny or meant to make you laugh, someone made a bad choice out of stupidity and everyone around him gets to pay for it. This isn't the time for jokes.

Hog Farmer
09-21-2010, 06:29 PM
You know I'm not normally the type to go to opposing teams forums and post things because I'm not much for talking smack but some of you "people" should be ashamed of yourselves. A human being tragically made the choice to leave his son without a father and the best you can do is crack jokes about it and laugh. I'm amazed that the moderators of this forum would allow such classlessness. Broncoscountry mods would have ben deleting posts left and right and handing out bans and infractions over such childishness.

For those of you who have expressed genuine condolences thank you for understanding the seriousness of the situation.

For the rest of you grow up....it's no wonder people hate chiefs fans so much....your as bad as classless raiders fans! How would you feel if we started making fun of Derrick Thomas dying? Just like that this is not something that's funny or meant to make you laugh, someone made a bad choice out of stupidity and everyone around him gets to pay for it. This isn't the time for jokes.

Theres not a person here that isn't sorry for what happened. I'm sure i can speak for the whole CP community in saying we wish he were still alive. It is what it is and he made a bad choice . A selfish choice .

ClevelandBronco
09-21-2010, 06:50 PM

You know what's childish? Deleting posts and handing down bans and infractions over opinions on a board. Fuck Broncoscountry and their mods.

Hog Farmer
09-21-2010, 07:12 PM
You know what's childish? Deleting posts and handing down bans and infractions over opinions on a board. **** Broncoscountry and their mods.

I haven't found a Broncos board yet that you didn't have to wash their balls ,kiss their ass and suck their dick to keep from getting banned !

Brock
09-21-2010, 07:15 PM

Maybe you ought to go do a search for Derrick Thomas on Orangemane. Hell, you can do it here if you want, there's plenty of Bronco fan assholery for you to find. Get off your high horse, dipshit.

Al Bundy
09-21-2010, 08:14 PM
I still can't shake this. This young man had to be in serious pain with what he felt like was no way out.

booger
09-21-2010, 08:19 PM
Police: Broncos' McKinley depressed about injury before death
Found with gun in hand in marijuana smoke-filled room
By Mike Klis
The Denver Post
Posted: 09/21/2010 05:32:29 PM MDT
Updated: 09/21/2010 07:20:38 PM MDT

Broncos receiver Kenny McKinley was suffering from depression after undergoing knee surgery four weeks ago, according to a report released Tuesday night by the Arapahoe County Sheriff's office.

The department ruled that McKinley's death was a suicide caused by a self-inflicted gunshot wound to his head while lying in his bed at his Aurora home. An autopsy performed by the Arapahoe County coroner's office Tuesday morning confirmed McKinley died Monday afternoon from a gunshot wound to the head.

The sheriff's office report, quoting an investigator at the scene, said McKinley had made statements shortly after the surgery "that he should just kill himself."

The report added McKinley didn't know what he would do if he
couldn't play football because football was all he knew.

McKinley broke most of the significant receiving records at South Carolina previously held by Sterling Sharpe, but making it in the NFL had been a challenge since being selected by the Broncos in the fifth round of the 2009 draft.

McKinley, 23, played sparingly last year as a rookie and was placed on season-ending injured reserve with his knee problem just before training camp.

The report said McKinley was found in his upstairs bedroom with a pillow over his head. The gun, a black, semiautomatic Taurus, was inside the pillow case and McKinley's right hand was just below the gun's grip. The TV in the bedroom was on the NFL Network. Police said the second floor was "very smoky" and the attending officer "could smell a strong odor of marijuana." A bag of leafy substance was found in a shoe box that was in the bedroom.

The report also said McKinley had been taking 500 milligrams of Naproxen, an over the counter pain reliever.

Police responded to a call from a female who was hysterical, saying her friend (McKinley) just shot himself, saying he had the gun in his hand and blood was coming out.

Among those listed who presented information were former Broncos' running back Cory Boyd, who was McKinley's roommate at the University of South Carolina and a close friend, Boyd's wife Brittany, and several females. Brittany Boyd and Shantell Smith, both of Aurora, and a small child were outside McKinley's residence when officers arrived. The child was McKinley's son, Keon.

An interview with Smith revealed she and Brittany Boyd picked up McKinley and his son at the Denver International Airport on Sunday night. The two women stayed at McKinley's house with his son while McKinley went to an unknown female's home. He did not return to his home until 7 a.m. Monday.

The report said officers were told Shantell Smith and Brittany Boyd went with a person to get lunch at 12:15 p.m. When they returned they went upstairs to McKinley's room and saw a sheet pulled over his body.

They decided to let him sleep, but then both women went upstairs around 3 p.m. and pulled the sheet down from his body.

Investigators with the Arapahoe County sheriff's office said no suicide note was left by McKinley.

http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_16135786

ClevelandBronco
09-21-2010, 08:57 PM
The report added McKinley didn't know what he would do if he couldn't play football because football was all he knew.

If this is true someone probably should have revealed to him the mysterious purpose of attending college. I wonder if the kid had a degree.

booger
09-21-2010, 09:03 PM
If this is true someone probably should have revealed to him the mysterious purpose of attending college. I wonder if the kid had a degree.

Yeah, not only that but what about the arena league or another league? I could also see if he was down about the young WR's Denver brought in and though his time was done there. I don't think a kid like that realizes that even with a couple years in the league and not big stats or a major contributor and if an injury cuts short his career he is one step ahead of the average joe for a coaching/scouting position just from the fact he played college and pro ball. That goes along way, even with Grad assistant jobs.

Pretty clear he had depression issues and even worse to hear he left a son behind.

J Diddy
09-21-2010, 09:11 PM

Who cares? Is there anything in Shakespeare's works that can help you in this lifetime do anything other than get laid by some chick who likes shakespeare?

FAX
09-21-2010, 09:16 PM
"There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so."

FAX

J Diddy
09-21-2010, 09:19 PM
"There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so."

FAX

"would you eat green eggs and Ham?"

J Did he

Bacon Cheeseburger
09-21-2010, 09:27 PM

And anyone here should give a shit what you think because _______.

PunkinDrublic
09-21-2010, 09:33 PM

That being said who do you think they sign to take the now empty roster spot?

Gonzo
09-21-2010, 09:41 PM

Calm down dude, Tebow will just resurrect him.
Posted via Mobile Device

-King-
09-21-2010, 09:51 PM
Maybe you ought to go do a search for Derrick Thomas on Orangemane. Hell, you can do it here if you want, there's plenty of Bronco fan assholery for you to find. Get off your high horse, dipshit.

How dare you! Broncos fans were raised off the bosom of Tebow himself. They would never stoop so low!

Phobia
09-21-2010, 11:27 PM
We had plenty of Broncos fans trashing DT immediately after and in the weeks after his death - including Taco John who runs the OrangeMane forum.

Let's not pretend any one of you actually knew the kid. If his family wants to get on here and claim to be offended, that's legitimate and all the sympathy in the world to them. But they've got bigger fish to fry at this point.

rambleonthruthefog
09-22-2010, 12:24 AM
i just learned mckinley had a young son.

mckinley is a f'n coward! F mckinley!

KC Tattoo
09-22-2010, 12:37 AM
<object style="height: 344px; width: 425px"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/AbEUhE2OkCo?version=3"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/AbEUhE2OkCo?version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="425" height="344"></object>

KC Tattoo
09-22-2010, 12:44 AM
<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/BjIug7JADdo&rel=0&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xd0d0d0&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/BjIug7JADdo&rel=0&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xd0d0d0&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

Jerm
09-22-2010, 02:25 AM
Maybe Tebow can revive him?

Calm down dude, Tebow will just resurrect him.
Posted via Mobile Device

"This Sunday...at Invesco...it's...Resurrection Day..."

http://anabolicminds.com/forum/attachments/sports-talk/29874-2009-college-football-tebow-christ2.jpg

Mile High Mania
09-22-2010, 04:14 AM
We had plenty of Broncos fans trashing DT immediately after and in the weeks after his death - including Taco John who runs the OrangeMane forum.

Let's not pretend any one of you actually knew the kid. If his family wants to get on here and claim to be offended, that's legitimate and all the sympathy in the world to them. But they've got bigger fish to fry at this point.

I've ignored the thread because of the comments... even the Tebow stuff. There's just not a place for it... I know what happened in the past, sometimes I guess I give people too much credit when I expect not to read certain things. I didn't know the kid, but it's sad either way.

Hog Farmer
09-22-2010, 04:40 AM

No. But apparently he had a Tauras.

Phobia
09-22-2010, 08:14 AM
I didn't know the kid, but it's sad either way.

I agree with that. There's a lot of button pushing going on in this thread.

manchambo
09-22-2010, 09:54 AM
[/B]

No. But apparently he had a Tauras.

I'll bet that he was at least capable of spelling Taurus. That was one of probably about 100 skills, qualities, and talents he had over you. And he killed himself.

So my only question is--what are you still doing here?

ClevelandBronco
09-23-2010, 04:08 PM
I have no idea what to make of this:

Giants player says death of Broncos' McKinley wasn't suicide

By BART HUBBUCH

Last Updated: 9:55 AM, September 23, 2010

Giants cornerback D.J. Johnson isn't buying the police version that friend and former teammate Kenny McKinley committed suicide this week.

Johnson, a second-year backup who spent time with McKinley on the Broncos' practice squad last season, outlined a murky conspiracy theory yesterday when asked about McKinley's death.

"Something fishy went down there," Johnson said without providing any details. "I don't think it happened the way they're saying it happened. Somebody did something to him."

Police in Arapahoe County, Colo., said McKinley died of a self-inflicted gunshot wound to the head Monday night. Officials there added that McKinley, a wide receiver, had been depressed after undergoing season-ending knee surgery last month.

Johnson told The Post he thinks McKinley might have been murdered because of what he described as a dangerous climate for pro athletes in Denver, especially high-profile Broncos.

There have been several incidents of violence committed against Denver athletes in recent years, notably the drive-by murder of Broncos cornerback Darrent Williams in October 2008.

"In Denver, with [athletes] that are out having fun in the same places as normal people and some convicts, it's going to be an issue because we have the financial backing to have a good time -- buy some bottles [of alcohol] and stuff like that," Johnson said.

"Then there's going to be others come in there and see the women gravitate to that. So they're going to try to match you. . . . That can lead to [violence]."

Johnson also said McKinley would not have killed himself with his 2-year-old son nearby.

"He lived for his son," Johnson said.

http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/giants/giants_cb_bronco_death_was_foul_hb0pFj9oFIUwMnL5I3Tt6I

DaFace
09-23-2010, 04:28 PM
I have no idea what to make of this:

Giants player says death of Broncos' McKinley wasn't suicide

By BART HUBBUCH

Last Updated: 9:55 AM, September 23, 2010

Giants cornerback D.J. Johnson isn't buying the police version that friend and former teammate Kenny McKinley committed suicide this week.

Johnson, a second-year backup who spent time with McKinley on the Broncos' practice squad last season, outlined a murky conspiracy theory yesterday when asked about McKinley's death.

"Something fishy went down there," Johnson said without providing any details. "I don't think it happened the way they're saying it happened. Somebody did something to him."

Police in Arapahoe County, Colo., said McKinley died of a self-inflicted gunshot wound to the head Monday night. Officials there added that McKinley, a wide receiver, had been depressed after undergoing season-ending knee surgery last month.

Johnson told The Post he thinks McKinley might have been murdered because of what he described as a dangerous climate for pro athletes in Denver, especially high-profile Broncos.

There have been several incidents of violence committed against Denver athletes in recent years, notably the drive-by murder of Broncos cornerback Darrent Williams in October 2008.

"In Denver, with [athletes] that are out having fun in the same places as normal people and some convicts, it's going to be an issue because we have the financial backing to have a good time -- buy some bottles [of alcohol] and stuff like that," Johnson said.

"Then there's going to be others come in there and see the women gravitate to that. So they're going to try to match you. . . . That can lead to [violence]."

Johnson also said McKinley would not have killed himself with his 2-year-old son nearby.

"He lived for his son," Johnson said.

http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/giants/giants_cb_bronco_death_was_foul_hb0pFj9oFIUwMnL5I3Tt6I

So this guy doesn't think he did it just because it didn't seem like he would? After all, when someone commits suicide, most of the friends and family say "Yep, I saw that coming."

CaliforniaChief
09-23-2010, 04:31 PM
DaFace is right. You can't rule out suicide based on what friends' reactions are.

It all boils down to the physical evidence...and if there was even a shade of doubt about it, I would imagine Denver PD or whomever is on the case would be working this case hard.

POND_OF_RED
09-23-2010, 05:43 PM
I'll bet that he was at least capable of spelling Taurus. That was one of probably about 100 skills, qualities, and talents he had over you. And he killed himself.

So my only question is--what are you still doing here?

The report added McKinley didn't know what he would do if he couldn't play football because football was all he knew.

You're right manchambo. Sounds like the guy was a jack of all trades.