PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Arrowhead - The Must "Do's"

DonTellMeShowMe
09-22-2010, 12:46 PM
So, now that you guys have the preseason and a MNF game under your belt at the newly rennovated arrowhead, Im interested in hearing what are the things that for sure should be experienced at the "new" arrowhead? (besides the antifreeze drink at the concession stands lol)

anything that is special to see/experience at Arrowhead let's hear it

lcarus
09-22-2010, 12:51 PM
Oh you'll hear it alright.

POND_OF_RED
09-22-2010, 12:51 PM
The hall of honor is a really cool new addition. The tailgating is a thing of beauty here as well. Make sure you make it to the stadium a few hours before kickoff.

chiefs1okie
09-22-2010, 12:52 PM
A must, IMHO, for a first time Arrowhead visitor... make sure you are in your seat before the National Anthem is played. I am always amazed at how empty the stands seem to be up until about 2-5 minutes before kick off and how quickly they fill.... hearing the Chiefs version of the Anthem with 70,000 participants will give you goose bumps.

DonTellMeShowMe
09-22-2010, 12:53 PM
The hall of honor is a really cool new addition. The tailgating is a thing of beauty here as well. Make sure you make it to the stadium a few hours before kickoff.

sucks the game is so early...like 12:30 right? I want to get there at 9ish. Is there any point to going into the stadium early? Like to try to get autographs when the players warm up?

DonTellMeShowMe
A must, IMHO, for a first time Arrowhead visitor... make sure you are in your seat before the National Anthem is played. I am always amazed at how empty the stands seem to be up until about 2-5 minutes before kick off and how quickly they fill.... hearing the Chiefs version of the Anthem with 70,000 participants will give you goose bumps.

cool man thanks that's a good tip

POND_OF_RED

You don't technically have to be in your seat though. You could probably still hear it from I-70. :p

Stinger
09-22-2010, 12:54 PM
Enjoy the tailgating and make it to the new Hall of Honor section.

DonTellMeShowMe
09-22-2010, 12:55 PM
Enjoy the tailgating and make it to the new Hall of Honor section.

How early do you guys suggest getting in the stadium?

Is there anything cool like interaction with the players...I know at the Stick they do stuff like that

DonTellMeShowMe
09-22-2010, 12:56 PM

Oh yeah...is there usually a flyover?

POND_OF_RED
09-22-2010, 01:00 PM
How early do you guys suggest getting in the stadium?

Is there anything cool like interaction with the players...I know at the Stick they do stuff like that

I'm not really sure. I'm a drinker so I stay in the parking lot til about 11:30 finishing my 12 pack before I have to go in and pay $7.75 for a beer.

chiefs1okie
09-22-2010, 01:02 PM
Oh yeah...is there usually a flyover?

Yes. As far as getting into the stadium early, I have done that quite a few times. It is fun as a Chiefs fan to join the crowd on the front row, during warm ups, on the opponents side of the field. Some of the things you hear the fans yelling at the other teams players is absolutely hilarious. I have a great story about a pre game incident I witnessed between S.F and K.C. if you care to hear it.

DonTellMeShowMe
09-22-2010, 01:07 PM
Yes. As far as getting into the stadium early, I have done that quite a few times. It is fun as a Chiefs fan to join the crowd on the front row, during warm ups, on the opponents side of the field. Some of the things you hear the fans yelling at the other teams players is absolutely hilarious. I have a great story about a pre game incident I witnessed between S.F and K.C. if you care to hear it.

definitely

Carlota69
09-22-2010, 01:08 PM
1) Get there early for the Tailgating--Awesome!
2) YELL, SCREAM, CHANT, POUND ON THE SEATS WHEN SF HAS THE BALL!!! BE THE 12TH MAN!!!!!

Thats what I did when I was there, except we played OAK--:thumb:

Oh, let me add, I know youre a 9er fan--but still--if you pound and scream when we have the ball its not as effective--just sayin...

KCtotheSB
09-22-2010, 01:11 PM
Get to the highest point of the stadium and take a swan dive. Yell "Niners suck!" as you plummet.

DonTellMeShowMe
09-22-2010, 01:12 PM
1) Get there early for the Tailgating--Awesome!
2) YELL, SCREAM, CHANT, POUND ON THE SEATS WHEN SF HAS THE BALL!!! BE THE 12TH MAN!!!!!

Thats what I did when I was there, except we played OAK--:thumb:

Hell.....no lol I will not do that I will be trying to silence the crowd lol. Alex's ears are sensitive

Oh, let me add, I know youre a 9er fan--but still--if you pound and scream when we have the ball its not as effective--just sayin...

-I thought about this for a minute...guessing it wont workLMAO

DonTellMeShowMe
09-22-2010, 01:15 PM
Get to the highest point of the stadium and take a swan dive. Yell "Niners suck!" as you plummet.

Ill bring a spear, dress up as a chief and yell "CHEFS SUCK" as I plummet and spear through something....that ought to confuse you guys

Hug it Out Dan
09-22-2010, 01:15 PM
make sure to take a look and visit the King Carl fan exhibit.

CHENZ A!
09-22-2010, 01:26 PM
Get hammered drunk.

Keep your head down and try not to get stabbed by some redneck.

Enjoy.
Posted via Mobile Device

DonTellMeShowMe
09-22-2010, 01:26 PM
make sure to take a look and visit the King Carl fan exhibit.

alrighty....thanks

anything else?

DonTellMeShowMe
09-22-2010, 01:27 PM
Get hammered drunk.

Keep your head down and try not to get stabbed by some redneck.

Enjoy.
Posted via Mobile Device

LMAO

Looks like Ill have to bring a miners pick

chiefs1okie
09-22-2010, 01:29 PM
definitely

Went to the game in '94. In the weeks leading up to that game it was getting a LOT of hype. Atmosphere was frenzied to say the least. Here it was.... Joe Montana vs. the 9ers. First matchup between the two teams since the trade that brought Joe to K.C. I was in the stadium for the pregame and at one point I noticed Joe and Jerry Rice standing together talking. Joe bouncing a football back and forth between his hands, Jerry laughing and smiling as if there were some big jokes being shared. Then Joe reaches out and gives Jerry a little shove... my first impression is that they were possibly smack talking each other and it was getting ugly, then Jerry steps back into Joe's space and he promplty gets another shove. Someone standing near to where I was noticed it as well and commented that they must be arguing over something... then Joe shoves him yet again and Jerry takes off trotting down the field about fifteen yards, turns and Joe fires a bullet right in the numbers, Jerry catches it, tucks it, and trots off.... quite a few people noticed it and there was a loud cheer from a big part of the stadium. It was cool to see Joe and Jerry connecting again for one last time. That game turned out to be one of the loudest I remember and it was a great game to be a part of.

luv
09-22-2010, 01:29 PM
sucks the game is so early...like 12:30 right? I want to get there at 9ish. Is there any point to going into the stadium early? Like to try to get autographs when the players warm up?

I can't remember if the gates open an hour or two hours before kickoff (which is noon).

DonTellMeShowMe
09-22-2010, 01:36 PM
Went to the game in '94. In the weeks leading up to that game it was getting a LOT of hype. Atmosphere was frenzied to say the least. Here it was.... Joe Montana vs. the 9ers. First matchup between the two teams since the trade that brought Joe to K.C. I was in the stadium for the pregame and at one point I noticed Joe and Jerry Rice standing together talking. Joe bouncing a football back and forth between his hands, Jerry laughing and smiling as if there were some big jokes being shared. Then Joe reaches out and gives Jerry a little shove... my first impression is that they were possibly smack talking each other and it was getting ugly, then Jerry steps back into Joe's space and he promplty gets another shove. Someone standing near to where I was noticed it as well and commented that they must be arguing over something... then Joe shoves him yet again and Jerry takes off trotting down the field about fifteen yards, turns and Joe fires a bullet right in the numbers, Jerry catches it, tucks it, and trots off.... quite a few people noticed it and there was a loud cheer from a big part of the stadium. It was cool to see Joe and Jerry connecting again for one last time. That game turned out to be one of the loudest I remember and it was a great game to be a part of.

wow man that's a cool story...must have been something to be there for that game

DonTellMeShowMe
09-22-2010, 01:36 PM
I can't remember if the gates open an hour or two hours before kickoff (which is noon).

gates to get into the game, or into the parking lots for tailgating?

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-22-2010, 01:38 PM
Hell.....no lol I will not do that I will be trying to silence the crowd lol. Alex's ears are sensitive

LMAO

Drink lots of Blue Moon, double-fisted, and visit the many awesome new restrooms!

chiefs1okie
09-22-2010, 01:41 PM

Into the parking lot, 3 hours before kick off... into the stadium, 1 hour before kick off. if you want to get into the parking lot in time to do some sightseenig and tailgaiting, I recommend getting in line 3 1/2 or even 4 hours before kickoff. If you decide to just show up at 9 you will be so far back in line it might take an hour or even more to get parked and set up. Make sure to wander the lots for a bit before the game. You will get harrassed a bit, but all in good fun. Wearing your 9ers gear may even get you an invite to tailgate party or two. Definately worth a beer or two on your travels... You will have as much fun in the parking lot as you will in the stadium.

Baconeater
09-22-2010, 01:42 PM
If you're going to be wearing Niners gear DO NOT go into the bathrooms.

Warrior5
An absolute must:

If the Chiefs win, walk over to the statue in front of Kaufmann Stadium and wait for a chick in a red bikini.

CHENZ A!
Also, use fire and smoke to cook meat.. and then eat it.
Posted via Mobile Device

DonTellMeShowMe
09-22-2010, 01:44 PM
Into the parking lot, 3 hours before kick off... into the stadium, 1 hour before kick off. if you want to get into the parking lot in time to do some sightseenig and tailgaiting, I recommend getting in line 3 1/2 or even 4 hours before kickoff. If you decide to just show up at 9 you will be so far back in line it might take an hour or even more to get parked and set up. Make sure to wander the lots for a bit before the game. You will get harrassed a bit, but all in good fun. Wearing your 9ers gear may even get you an invite to tailgate party or two. Definately worth a beer or two on your travels... You will have as much fun in the parking lot as you will in the stadium.

good advice...

I currently dont have a parking pass, so Im still looking at options to A. get to the game, and B. Park there

DonTellMeShowMe
09-22-2010, 01:46 PM

seriously?

that's prob a good idea...I dont want to hear "hey boy...get in da corner, drop your pants" lol

CHENZ A!
09-22-2010, 01:50 PM
Why is everyone all of a sudden worried about parking passes? I've been going to games 25+ years and we have had a pass maybe 3 times. You don't need one.
Posted via Mobile Device

Rausch
09-22-2010, 01:51 PM

When I went to the SD game years ago when Donnie Edwards ended.....$3it who was the QB back then?

Humphries?

Anyway, he had a sack and knocked the starter out...I figured we had the game in the bag and hit the $#itter.

When i was at "the trough" pissing DE got another sack and some dude turned, looked and me, said "fuck yeah," and then pissed all over my new starter coat...
:#

DonTellMeShowMe
09-22-2010, 01:51 PM
Why is everyone all of a sudden worried about parking passes? I've been going to games 25+ years and we have had a pass maybe 3 times. You don't need one.
Posted via Mobile Device

Chiefs are 2-0

DonTellMeShowMe
09-22-2010, 01:52 PM
Posted via Mobile Device

where do you park?

DonTellMeShowMe
09-22-2010, 01:53 PM
An absolute must:

If the Chiefs win, walk over to the statue in front of Kaufmann Stadium and wait for a chick in a red bikini.

I am confused by this...will she take me into the Royals fountain?

Rausch
09-22-2010, 01:53 PM
where do you park?

CP is not a dating service...

Baconeater
09-22-2010, 01:55 PM
Chiefs are 2-0
Parking isn't an issue at Arrowhead, there's plenty of cash lots.

DonTellMeShowMe
09-22-2010, 01:56 PM

bullcrap I see people gettin hookup on here all the time

so about that bathroom lol

DonTellMeShowMe
09-22-2010, 01:56 PM
Parking isn't an issue at Arrowhead, there's plenty of cash lots.

cool man thanks

CHENZ A!
09-22-2010, 02:06 PM
where do you park?

You can go in any entrance and pay cash. No matter where you park, you'll be in the party.
Posted via Mobile Device

luv
09-22-2010, 02:10 PM

Gates to the lots open at 8:30. I guess, from reading, gates to the stadium open at 11.

luv
09-22-2010, 02:10 PM

Well, then what am I doing here?

bevischief
09-22-2010, 03:06 PM

ROFL

allen_kcCard
09-22-2010, 04:13 PM
Any good tips for the tailgating scene? I don't really have a setup of a portable grill, so I thought about going and getting one of those small tailgating grills to work with. I also thought I might smoke something at home friday or saturday and then bring it either already warmed up at home (pulled pork maybe) and then not have to mess with trying to cook there, but wasn't sure if that would be like some idiot weating 9rs gear in the bathroom :P

We are going to meet up with a couple that had had season tickets for a while, so I was going to check with them on what to plan on, but I don't think they really drink, and not sure on if they are much for tailgating, and the only other time we went to the game we were in the VIP tent before the game, so we didn't do any tailgating at all and I want to be sure and make the most of that experiance this time.

Hog Farmer
09-22-2010, 04:26 PM
Arrowhead is user friendly for the opposing teams fans as they have their own restrooms. I can't remember where they're at you just gotta keep walking till you come across them.

KCbroncoHATER
09-22-2010, 04:52 PM
The most impressive thing is the blend of the old with the new.

As an old timer at Arrowhead leaving the seats alone was a major deal for me.

jbwm89
09-22-2010, 05:08 PM
Any good tips for the tailgating scene? I don't really have a setup of a portable grill, so I thought about going and getting one of those small tailgating grills to work with. I also thought I might smoke something at home friday or saturday and then bring it either already warmed up at home (pulled pork maybe) and then not have to mess with trying to cook there, but wasn't sure if that would be like some idiot weating 9rs gear in the bathroom :P

We are going to meet up with a couple that had had season tickets for a while, so I was going to check with them on what to plan on, but I don't think they really drink, and not sure on if they are much for tailgating, and the only other time we went to the game we were in the VIP tent before the game, so we didn't do any tailgating at all and I want to be sure and make the most of that experiance this time.

I just bought the $30 full size walmart charcoal grill and either put it together at home and throw in the back of the pickup or if you don't have one you could assemble and disassemble there.

DonTellMeShowMe
09-23-2010, 11:55 AM
cool guys thanks for the tips

allen_kcCard
09-23-2010, 12:41 PM
I just bought the $30 full size walmart charcoal grill and either put it together at home and throw in the back of the pickup or if you don't have one you could assemble and disassemble there.

Hmm...that is a good idea. I have an old peice of junk grill that was probably a lot like that that I use to get my chimney's going when I'm using the smoker. I think I'll go get a new one like that, toss the old one, and replace it with the new tailgate one.