PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Is the Media part of the Jamaal Charles-Thomas Jones CONSPIRACY?!?

Jim Jones
09-22-2010, 01:23 PM
We can't trust anyone anymore..

Jones finished with a team-high 22 rushing attempts for 83 yards, also a team high. He also caught one pass for 5 yards. Jamaal Charles, who struggled on the game with just 49 yards on 11 carries and one catch for 27 yards, admitted to the Kansas City Star after the game that he's the backup to Jones.

http://i36.tinypic.com/24pi96t.jpg

OnTheWarpath58
09-22-2010, 01:28 PM
Nice.

Getting basically the same yardage in half the touches is considered "struggling."

LMAO

Rausch
09-22-2010, 01:36 PM
Nice.

Getting basically the same yardage in half the touches is considered "struggling."

LMAO

Exactly.

I just think Haley and co. don't like that Charles is a Barry Saunders type of HB.

He'll lose 2, gain 1, then break one for 15. Gain 3, Gain one, break one for 60.

He's not the type of guy that's getting you 3-4 yards every single play...

Mr. Flopnuts
09-22-2010, 01:37 PM
There's no doubt that he's upset about it. Otherwise, why would he have said he's the back up to the Star afterwards? Somehow I don't think it's just JC being humble. We'll see what happens this Sunday, but I hope they don't let this shit fester. He's without a doubt the best player on the team.

OnTheWarpath58
09-22-2010, 01:39 PM
There's no doubt that he's upset about it. Otherwise, why would he have said he's the back up to the Star afterwards? Somehow I don't think it's just JC being humble. We'll see what happens this Sunday, but I hope they don't let this shit fester. He's without a doubt the best player on the team.

Wright made a good point yesterday.

If they give Jamaal 15-18 touches Sunday, it's safe to say they are trying to recify the situation.

If they let him pick splinters from his ass while TJ picks up 3 a carry, this thing could get ugly, quick.

Thig Lyfe
09-22-2010, 01:39 PM
It's hard to conceive of a decision more retarded than not using Jamaal Charles.

Demonpenz
09-22-2010, 01:43 PM
It's hard to conceive of a decision more retarded than not using Jamaal Charles.

Trading for Cassel?

OnTheWarpath58
09-22-2010, 01:44 PM
Trading for Cassel?

LMAO

Well played.

DeezNutz
09-22-2010, 01:45 PM
Just 4.5 yards per carry. Complete shit.

And just one catch for 27 yards. I'm assuming that ball was in the air for two yards, too. Again, pathetic production levels.

HotRoute
Thomas jones is a very good rb as well, he may not be as young or as fast but he is very good. Charles is not a backup though, and he's definately not getting traded

Reerun_KC

Drafting Mark Sanchez?

HemiEd
09-22-2010, 01:59 PM
I hope the Brodie Croyle to starting QB controversy, gains some traction pretty soon, so they will leave the good things about this team alone.

Goldmember
09-22-2010, 02:02 PM
I have a feeling they will unleash JC this Sunday, either by choice or be forced into it, because TJ won't be running anywhere up the gut on the Niners.

Stewie
09-22-2010, 02:03 PM
I think it's the fact that Jones never fumbles and Charles has a problem holding onto the football. The one start Charles had in preseason he put the ball on the ground on his first touch.

Pestilence
09-22-2010, 02:04 PM
Drafting Mark Sanchez?

You just can't let it go.....can you?

Mark Sanchez is your new Herm Edwards.

Pestilence
09-22-2010, 02:04 PM
I think it's the fact that Jones never fumbles and Charles has a problem holding onto the football. The one start Charles had in preseason he put the ball on the ground on his first touch.

I'm pretty sure Jones did the same thing.....did he not?

OnTheWarpath58
09-22-2010, 02:06 PM

If that's their rational, why the fuck is Cassel still starting?

Dude fumbled 13 times in 15 games last year, IIRC.

Seriously, the excuses have to stop - because there IS no excuse for your only true home-run threat getting 12 touches a game.

Adrian Peterson has a fumbling problem, and I guaran-god-damn-tee you the Vikings staff isn't thinking about only giving him 12 touches a game.

Play your fucking playmakers.

BillSelfsTrophycase
09-22-2010, 02:08 PM
Perfect, we have a running back controversy when we should be having a quarterback controversy.

OnTheWarpath58
09-22-2010, 02:09 PM
Perfect, we have a running back controversy when we should be having a quarterback controversy.

LMAO

No shit.

SNR
09-22-2010, 02:10 PM
You guys are a bunch of animals.

Pete's gonna come in here any minute now and set you all straight.

Cassel's our QB. Thomas Jones is a more proven runner, thus is getting the carries. That's life. That's reality. Just get over it.

DeezNutz
09-22-2010, 02:11 PM
You guys are a bunch of animals.

Pete's gonna come in here any minute now and set you all straight.

Cassel's our QB. Thomas Jones is a more proven runner, thus is getting the carries. That's life. That's reality. Just get over it.

Thank you for that reminder. I'm happy now.

Reerun_KC
09-22-2010, 02:13 PM
You just can't let it go.....can you?

Mark Sanchez is your new Herm Edwards.

Wait? I was a Sanchezanite, Almost cried when we traded for Cassel and realized that we had no shot at Sanchez....

So how does that make him my new Herm Edwards? Unless you count that the day Herm was annouced as HC, I cried openly, like a 3 year old baby?

threebag02
09-22-2010, 02:16 PM

Charles was probably tickled shitless he got the nod.

HemiEd
09-22-2010, 02:16 PM
Repost!

LMAO

No shit.

Stewie
09-22-2010, 02:17 PM
If that's their rational, why the fuck is Cassel still starting?

Dude fumbled 13 times in 15 games last year, IIRC.

Seriously, the excuses have to stop - because there IS no excuse for your only true home-run threat getting 12 touches a game.

Adrian Peterson has a fumbling problem, and I guaran-god-damn-tee you the Vikings staff isn't thinking about only giving him 12 touches a game.

Play your fucking playmakers.

I'm just making the point. Jones had 300+ carries last year w/o fumbling. One more turnover in either game and we could easily be 1-1 or 0-2. NFL coaches have an OCD when it comes to turning the ball over. I'm not defending keeping Charles on the sidelines at all, but I think this coaching staff knows the team they have.

OnTheWarpath58
09-22-2010, 02:19 PM
I'm just making the point. Jones had 300+ carries last year w/o fumbling. One more turnover in either game and we could easily be 1-1 or 0-2. NFL coaches have an OCD when it comes to turning the ball over. I'm not defending keeping Charles on the sidelines at all, but I think this coaching staff knows the team they have.

They apparently don't realize they have a turnover machine at QB.

18 INT's and 13 fumbles in 17 regular season games in KC.

(just making a point that apparently, TO's aren't a big deal if the staff's sacred cow is committing them)

Mecca
09-22-2010, 02:29 PM
They apparently don't realize they have a turnover machine at QB.

18 INT's and 13 fumbles in 17 regular season games in KC.

(just making a point that apparently, TO's aren't a big deal if the staff's sacred cow is committing them)

Matt Cassel is protected by this front office/coaching staff as if he were the Baby Jesus, how dare you question him.

beer bacon
09-22-2010, 02:51 PM
Exactly.

I just think Haley and co. don't like that Charles is a Barry Saunders type of HB.

He'll lose 2, gain 1, then break one for 15. Gain 3, Gain one, break one for 60.

The odd thing about Charles is that he led the league in average yards after contact last season.

Mr. Flopnuts
09-22-2010, 02:53 PM
Drafting Mark Sanchez?

Nice try. Sanchez looked like a pro last week. Cassel has NEVER done that. Oh, and Sanchez was good enough to actually start for USC.

Mr. Flopnuts
09-22-2010, 02:53 PM

Thomas Jones did the exact same thing in the game before that one.

Demonpenz
09-22-2010, 02:58 PM
I wonder if there is a communication issue since Charles second language is english.

Thig Lyfe
09-22-2010, 03:01 PM

I take that back. Trading Tyler Thigpen was the retardedest thing ever!!!!!!!!!!!

Demonpenz
09-22-2010, 03:05 PM
It burns watching thigpin go and Chan gailey having sucess in buffalo

Stewie
09-22-2010, 03:10 PM
Thomas Jones did the exact same thing in the game before that one.

I think Jones has proven he can hang onto the ball. Charles, not so much. I would hope those two fumbles aren't weighed evenly. Charles fumbles and with that particular fumble the coaching staff made a decision.

beach tribe
09-22-2010, 03:12 PM
Seriously. Jamaal is going to get more carries. I guarantee it.

Garcia Bronco
09-22-2010, 03:14 PM
I haven't watched, but can Charles block in pass protection? I know the UVa scum Jones can even if he sucks. :)

Hog Farmer
09-22-2010, 03:16 PM
Who have we had to replace Cassel with . A broken Croyle?

KCUnited
09-22-2010, 03:17 PM
Seriously. Jamaal is going to get more carries. I guarantee it.
Only because Carthon MF'd him and was outed by Nick Wright, so now the Chiefs are going to make it right by giving him 20 touches on Sunday.

Mr. Flopnuts
09-22-2010, 03:19 PM
I think Jones has proven he can hang onto the ball. Charles, not so much. I would hope those two fumbles aren't weighed evenly. Charles fumbles and with that particular fumble the coaching staff made a decision.

Well sure. One's been in the league for 11 years, and the other is working on year 3. And how do you make that decision after what the kid did last year over 1 fumble? And if you do make that decision over 1 bad decision, what in the blue fuck is Matt Cassel doing in the ball game at all? It just doesn't make any sense to me.

crispystl420
09-22-2010, 03:37 PM
If Charles was starting I think we have a bigger cushion in both games.

lcarus
09-22-2010, 03:38 PM

That doesn't stop the Vikings from running AP. He fumbled 16 times in 2 seasons. Charles only lost 3 fumbles all last season.

Marcellus
09-22-2010, 03:54 PM
It burns watching thigpin go and Chan gailey having sucess in buffalo

LMAO

Marcellus
09-22-2010, 03:55 PM
That doesn't stop the Vikings from running AP. He fumbled 16 times in 2 seasons. Charles only lost 3 fumbles all last season.

No but it stopped them from going to the SB last year. LMAO

Rausch
09-22-2010, 03:57 PM
Who have we had to replace Cassel with . A broken Croyle?

Try it.

Doesn't work move on.

Try something else.

OnTheWarpath58
09-22-2010, 03:59 PM
No but it stopped them from going to the SB last year. LMAO

Giving him 12 touches a game would have kept them from going to the playoffs, much less the NFC Championship Game.

That's what's so funny about this.

If Thomas Jones was getting the bulk of the carries over Peterson or Chris Johnson, this board would be laughing their balls off at how stupid a decision those teams were making.

Since it's happening here, it's being rationalized.

Rausch
09-22-2010, 04:00 PM
Giving him 12 touches a game would have kept them from going to the playoffs, much less the NFC Championship Game.

That's what's so funny about this.

If Thomas Jones was getting the bulk of the carries over Peterson or Chris Johnson, this board would be laughing their balls off at how stupid a decision those teams were making.

Since it's happening here, it's being rationalized.

It's fucking stupid but as long as we win no one is going to give a $#it.

Period...

OnTheWarpath58
09-22-2010, 04:02 PM
It's fucking stupid but as long as we win no one is going to give a $#it.

Period...

Welp, I guess people are going to start giving a shit, pretty quick.

Jamaal Charles is CRUCIAL to beating SF, and having a chance against Indy and Houston.

And after those games, you sure as hell can't count on winning with defensive and special teams TD on a consistent basis.

Three7s
09-22-2010, 04:06 PM
Welp, I guess people are going to start giving a shit, pretty quick.

Jamaal Charles is CRUCIAL to beating SF, and having a chance against Indy and Houston.

And after those games, you sure as hell can't count on winning with defensive and special teams TD on a consistent basis.
You're one of the few posters here that I agree with. It's unbelievable how people aren't realizing that Charles>Jones in the playmaker category. Again, did we say Jones sucks? NO! He just can't bust a 50 yarder at any time!

Rausch
09-22-2010, 04:08 PM
You're one of the few posters here that I agree with. It's unbelievable how people aren't realizing that Charles>Jones in the playmaker category. Again, did we say Jones sucks? NO! He just can't bust a 50 yarder at any time!

EVERYONE agrees Charles should both be starting and getting more touches.

Point out ANYONE who's 'tarded enough to think Jones deserves more time...

Three7s
09-22-2010, 04:12 PM
EVERYONE agrees Charles should both be starting and getting more touches.

Point out ANYONE who's 'tarded enough to think Jones deserves more time...
Go into the Thomas Jones signed thread. Just about anyone saying "we're 2-0 so what's the problem?" falls in to that category imo.

keg in kc
09-22-2010, 04:14 PM
I don't know if it's a conspiracy or not, but I think it's probably more of a media-driven story than it is a legitimate behind-the-scenes issue for the team. Sunday was a boring win, and they've got to have something to talk about. But that's just a guess, I don't have locker room access or know any of the players personally. I do think Charles should get the ball more, but it seemed to me that the team has bought into Haley and the other members of the coaching staff based on everything I saw during the offseason and preseason, and I don't think that's going to get derailed by Charles getting a dozen touches a game through two weeks instead of fifteen or eighteen, especially when they win the games. We'll see what happens Sunday. I'd expect that he'll have more touches, and I'd suspect that it has absolutely nothing to do with the controversy the media is generating. My guess is that if nary a word had been spoken about it this week, he'd still touch it more against the niners.

stevieray
09-22-2010, 04:15 PM
I don't think anybody is, and I don't think it's fair to imply that people expect it weekly.

if anything, it's tearing down something positive that contributed to a victory...using it as a weapon because a player isn't being utilized to your liking is silly. you won't bet on a team two weeks in because of variables, but you won't give the same benefit of the doubt on players sharing time.

one guy is not going to win games for us.

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-22-2010, 05:49 PM

(sigh), This.

MahiMike
09-22-2010, 05:51 PM
Exactly.

Well put. I agree.