PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Problem Solvers: Football in the Chiefs Hall of Fame?

Big Dog
09-22-2010, 01:31 PM
My neighbor told me about a story of a fan who gifted a Chief's super bowl signed football to the new stadium, and now wants it back because the Chief's lied to him about things.

Anyone heard about this? Am I late to the game on this?

He said it was on one of the local news stations this morning. He thinks WDAF Problem Solvers.

Big Dog
09-22-2010, 01:43 PM
I found this link...anyone know anything more?

http://search.fox4kc.com/default.aspx?ct=r&q=chiefs

gblowfish
09-22-2010, 02:00 PM
I saw this on Fox 4 last night. It's a guy in Independence that got a ball signed by the Superbowl IV team.

I have one too. But I don't think I want to give it to Bob Moore just yet :)

tomahawk kid
09-22-2010, 02:11 PM
WTF - did they tell him they were going to give it back and then set it on fire?

gblowfish
09-22-2010, 02:17 PM
Story said the guy met with Bob Moore. Moore told the guy (according to the guy) the ball would be part of the permanent Hall of Honor display, and that he'd be invited to the grand opening as a guest for making the donation. The ball isn't being displayed, and he didn't get an invite to the grand opening. So he's pissed, and he wants his ball back.

Chiefs are sending it back to him. Bob Moore said he never promises anybody that a donation will go on "permanent display," so it's a he said he said thing. Depends on who you believe.

I believe Bob Moore is Rufus Dawes.

If the guy wants his ball back, that's cool. He never gave up ownership of it, he just loaned it to the Chiefs. If I decided to turn mine over to Bob Moore, I'd do the same thing, make it a loan to the Chiefs.