PDA

View Full Version : Poop Chantix is awesome.

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-22-2010, 04:04 PM
So I started taking Chantix two days ago in hopes of quitting smoking by the end of next month. My old man took it and it helped him quit, but he said one of the side effects was crazy, vivid dreams.

I had one last night:

Brandon Flowers and I hung out and he brought a couple of football groupies/hotties to get buck nasty with. It was very real and vivid too.

Pharmacology FTW!!!!!:D

Demonpenz
09-22-2010, 04:07 PM
was this at Sams Town?

Shogun
09-22-2010, 04:08 PM
uhh yeah, chantix was probably easily the weirdest time in my life

Dayze
09-22-2010, 04:11 PM
my dad took something (not sure what it was ) to help him quit. he had to quit, the 'quitin' pills' because of the dreams.

one in particular was he and Kirs Kristopherson walking down the vegas strip, both sipping off a bottle of jack daniels and they ran in to Joe Pesci; Joe politely asked why Kris wasn't wearing any pants.

...then my dad woke up.

Pants
09-22-2010, 04:17 PM
Yeah, that stuff can really mess with your mind. You're the lucky one whose dreams are good or interesting. Some people commit suicide after taking Chantix due to the nightmares they get. Apparently the nightmares are so bad, you're deeply affected by them even in the waking world. Scary stuff. Of course some people don't get any dreams at all and just get upset stomachs. Some don't get anything at all.

aturnis
09-22-2010, 04:23 PM
Actually, I've heard a lot about this. Thing is though, that it DOES NOT make you have weird dreams at all. Those "weird vivid dreams" are the same dreams you'd have with or without the pills. You just don't remember them. All the pills do is allow you to remember them...

lcarus
09-22-2010, 04:29 PM
So I started taking Chantix two days ago in hopes of quitting smoking by the end of next month. My old man took it and it helped him quit, but he said one of the side effects was crazy, vivid dreams.

I had one last night:

Brandon Flowers and I hung out and he brought a couple of football groupies/hotties to get buck nasty with. It was very real and vivid too.

Pharmacology FTW!!!!!:D

Ya know dude, I've been dabbling with quitting lately too. I've been trying the patch. It helps if you are really dedicated to quitting. But...the dreams you get while on the patch are crazy vivid. At least they were for me.

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-22-2010, 05:50 PM
was this at Sams Town?

Joe's Garage.

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-22-2010, 05:53 PM
my dad took something (not sure what it was ) to help him quit. he had to quit, the 'quitin' pills' because of the dreams.

one in particular was he and Kirs Kristopherson walking down the vegas strip, both sipping off a bottle of jack daniels and they ran in to Joe Pesci; Joe politely asked why Kris wasn't wearing any pants.

...then my dad woke up.

LMAO

rageeumr
09-22-2010, 05:53 PM
On the plus side, it really seems to work. My mom smoked for like 40 years. Took Chantix a couple years ago and has been smoke free since. Pretty amazing.

Baconeater
09-22-2010, 05:58 PM
On the plus side, it really seems to work. My mom smoked for like 40 years. Took Chantix a couple years ago and has been smoke free since. Pretty amazing.
Yep, it does work, I used it last year and I quit with little trouble. The problem for me was to stay a quitter...

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-22-2010, 06:04 PM
Yep, it does work, I used it last year and I quit with little trouble. The problem for me was to stay a quitter...

Yeah, if it works I'll become a gum-chewer.

Jethopper
09-22-2010, 06:05 PM
Threads like these are why you are such a Melvin.

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-22-2010, 06:11 PM

You know, the Sake-Fetching gig is still open an not limited to n00bs, JH.

"The Jethopper Discipline Stick" has a pretty sweet ring to it...:)

ZootedGranny
09-22-2010, 06:52 PM
I don't even smoke, but I need to get my hands on some Chantix just for the vivid nightmares.

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-22-2010, 06:57 PM
I don't even smoke, but I need to get my hands on some Chantix just for the vivid nightmares.

ROFL

Shogun
09-22-2010, 07:06 PM
Nicorette Patches work also, Put 2 of em on before bed = Same thing.

SPATCH
09-22-2010, 07:15 PM

You watched Bogus Adventure on HBO today didn't you?

mikeyis4dcats.
09-22-2010, 08:55 PM
A person on another forum I frequent had a relative who was killed after attacking a neighbor under the use of Chantix.

http://www.newsinferno.com/archives/1862

Dayze
09-22-2010, 09:01 PM
I wish I had recorded the phone coversation of my dad describing his stroll with Kristoferson, encountering Pesci.

gd, it was funny.

Toadkiller
09-22-2010, 09:16 PM
My mom also smoked for about 40 years and said she would never quit. She tried Chantix, didnt get the dreams, and has been smoke free for a couple years now. Really a miracle drug if it helped her.

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-22-2010, 09:28 PM
My mom also smoked for about 40 years and said she would never quit. She tried Chantix, didnt get the dreams, and has been smoke free for a couple years now. Really a miracle drug if it helped her.

I like your version better than Mikey's; it's happier. :)

kcwild
09-22-2010, 09:47 PM

I quit smoking with Chantix two months ago. What is amazing, is how Chantix turns quitting an addiction they say is as bad as heroin, into a "non-event".

The key to minimizing the effects on dreams is to take the PM pill early in the evening as opposed to right before you go to bed.

As you said, it is a miracle drug.

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-22-2010, 10:00 PM
I quit smoking with Chantix two months ago. What is amazing, is how Chantix turns quitting an addiction they say is as bad as heroin, into a "non-event".

The key to minimizing the effects on dreams is to take the PM pill early in the evening as opposed to right before you go to bed.

As you said, it is a miracle drug.

I'm in the ".5 in the morning, .5 at night"-stage, and I've been taking mine around 3:00 or 4:00pm. I wake up around 5:30 or 6:00am usually.

GoHuge
09-22-2010, 11:57 PM
WHen I used the patch to quit chewing I had those crazy ass vivved dreams. I ended up quitting with the Commit Lozenges. They knocked the craving away instantly. If I hadn't chewed in like 2 hours my body would start to literally hurt. I know some people have the oral fixation thing, but mine was purely a nicotine addiction. I"ve been a person that has never gotten addicted to anything except nicotine. Man that was a bitch. Don't know how many times I quit and then started again. Went a month several times. When I drink I still feel like something is missing. If I could chew only on the weekends when I drink or something it would be great, but it doesn't work that way. I've bought a can on a saturday night and when it was gone on monday went right to the store and right back to chewing again. Finally I just decided I was done with being a mental midget and used a little self discipline. Been 4 years and I still think about it everytime I'm drinking and especially when I drink and see someone else put onw in.

I had alot of scares or near misses with spots in my mouth that scared the shit out of me. As soon as it would go away I'd be right back at it. I kept telling myself that if everything turned out ok I would be done. Finally had a bad tooth with a filling that really started acting up and hurt like hell. Made my whole haw hurt. I was thinking "great I had quit a ton of times and went back and now I've got mouth cancer." Turns out I needed a root canal and that fixed it, but that did it. I was done after that. If you don't want to do it it'll never happen. Was true for me at least. Felt like a piece of me was missing.

Baconeater
09-22-2010, 11:59 PM
Yeah, smoking goes hand-in-hand with drinking. That's what did me in.

johnny961
09-23-2010, 02:33 AM
WHen I used the patch to quit chewing I had those crazy ass vivved dreams. I ended up quitting with the Commit Lozenges. They knocked the craving away instantly. If I hadn't chewed in like 2 hours my body would start to literally hurt. I know some people have the oral fixation thing, but mine was purely a nicotine addiction. I"ve been a person that has never gotten addicted to anything except nicotine. Man that was a bitch. Don't know how many times I quit and then started again. Went a month several times. When I drink I still feel like something is missing. If I could chew only on the weekends when I drink or something it would be great, but it doesn't work that way. I've bought a can on a saturday night and when it was gone on monday went right to the store and right back to chewing again. Finally I just decided I was done with being a mental midget and used a little self discipline. Been 4 years and I still think about it everytime I'm drinking and especially when I drink and see someone else put onw in.

I had alot of scares or near misses with spots in my mouth that scared the shit out of me. As soon as it would go away I'd be right back at it. I kept telling myself that if everything turned out ok I would be done. Finally had a bad tooth with a filling that really started acting up and hurt like hell. Made my whole haw hurt. I was thinking "great I had quit a ton of times and went back and now I've got mouth cancer." Turns out I needed a root canal and that fixed it, but that did it. I was done after that. If you don't want to do it it'll never happen. Was true for me at least. Felt like a piece of me was missing.

Yeah that habits a bitch to give up too. I quit dipping around 6 months ago and still have urges. One time around 10 yrs ago I quit for about 2 yrs and then f***ed up and started back up. So I can understand still having the urge after 4 yrs. I think its something that'll always be there to a degree. I think now I've made the decision to stay off of the stuff period no matter what the urge, but sometimes its still tough. I never used anything other than gum/lozenges to help quit, so can't really comment on the Chantix experience, but I'm glad that new things are coming out to help others with this addiction. Nicotine addiction is a real MFer no matter what your method of intake, whether it be smoking, chewing, or other.

JohninGpt
09-23-2010, 07:56 AM
I quit in April, '09 after smoking Marlboro reds for 26 years. I found that if I didn't buy cigarettes, I wouldn't smoke.
As far as I'm concerned, you'll quit when you really want to quit. Until then you are throwing money away on gimmicks like gum, pills, and lozenges.