PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Video:Adam Teicher talks about Eric Berry

Tribal Warfare
09-23-2010, 12:21 AM
Adam Teicher talks about Eric Berry (http://videos.kansascity.com/vmix_hosted_apps/p/media?id=18600374)

Wallcrawler
09-23-2010, 01:35 AM
Does nobody else have a problem with the fact that Brandon Carr was on Cribbs on that play and not Brandon Flowers?

I mean Jesus Christ if youre going to go man to man coverage you have to get your matchups right. Its 3rd and 1 with freakin Seneca Wallace back there who had already given up a pick 6 earlier in the game.

I think its an understandable bite on the run by Berry on 3rd and 1 FFS.

The Commentator....(if you could call Don Criqui a commentator and not a talking bag of smashed assholes)..... placed the blame for that touchdown SOLELY on the shoulders of Eric Berry. As if Berry was in man to man against Cribbs with no other defender there.

Don Criqui, please slide under a gas truck and taste your own blood.

Adam Teicher, take 2 weeks off and quit.

johnny961
09-23-2010, 01:58 AM
I don't get what the media's hangup has been on Berry. Guy's going to be a stud with a little more experience.

Fritz88
09-23-2010, 03:39 AM
Adam = hot.

Short Leash Hootie
09-23-2010, 04:23 AM
well Carr didn't have terrible coverage on Cribbs especially considering Berry should have had over the top help but he was too busy concentrating on what was going on in the backfield to take care of his responsibility...

That said I loved the fire Berry had on the next drive when he went up and made that fantastic play on Harrison...it was great to see his ability/fire...

the Talking Can
09-23-2010, 04:32 AM
teicher looks like an emu

Messier
09-23-2010, 04:43 AM
Does nobody else have a problem with the fact that Brandon Carr was on Cribbs on that play and not Brandon Flowers?

I mean Jesus Christ if youre going to go man to man coverage you have to get your matchups right. Its 3rd and 1 with freakin Seneca Wallace back there who had already given up a pick 6 earlier in the game.

The Commentator....(if you could call Don Criqui a commentator and not a talking bag of smashed assholes)..... placed the blame for that touchdown SOLELY on the shoulders of Eric Berry. As if Berry was in man to man against Cribbs with no other defender there.

I agree with all points.

Petro is saying 3 out of four touchdowns given up are Berrys fault. And he's giving the draft class till week 6 to prove they're not below average. Gee, don't be so soft on 'em, make it week 4.

Art Vader
09-23-2010, 07:02 AM
Adam = hot.

ROFL

kepp
09-23-2010, 07:12 AM
So far I like his run support much better than his coverage, but I'm assuming that part of the game is the tougher transition from college. He'll come along fine, I suspect.

Chiefnj2
09-23-2010, 07:19 AM
Petro is saying 3 out of four touchdowns given up are Berrys fault. .

Isn't that more or less true?

Sofa King
09-23-2010, 07:21 AM

LMAO

Lzen
09-23-2010, 07:25 AM

Yes.

But Berry is a rookie safety. I am confident that he will get much better in diagnosing those types of plays. Teicher is right, he has been a huge part in making the defense (especially the run defense) better this year.

Dave Lane
09-23-2010, 07:42 AM
So because everyone liked the Berry pick he gets a pass? Jackson didn't make it to the podium before everyone was calling him a bust.

-King-
09-23-2010, 07:51 AM
So because everyone liked the Berry pick he gets a pass? Jackson didn't make it to the podium before everyone was calling him a bust.

:facepalm:
Posted via Mobile Device

Lzen
09-23-2010, 07:56 AM

I never called Jackson a bust. I don't think its fair to say that about a first year player. Some players take a year or two (or three) to get it in the NFL and start playing like people expected when said player was drafted. That's what I'm hoping to see out of Jackson. His first game this year looked promising until he got injured. If, after 3 years, it doesn't look like he is improving then we can call him a bust.

mesmith31
09-23-2010, 07:56 AM
Everything I needed to know about Eric Berry I saw a couple plays after he blew the coverage on Cribbs. The guy flew through the lead tackle and blew up Harrison like a heat seeking missile. It was his second professional game, stuff is going to happen. It is not about not making mistakes, it is about trying not to make the same mistakes twice. The guy has crazy work ethic, tenacity, drive and heart and.....talent. Give me an entire team of Eric Berrys anytime.

Lzen
09-23-2010, 07:58 AM
Oh, and I know TJ was not projected that high. That is what a lot of people were complaining about, if memory serves. Personally, I don't have a problem with the team reaching up a bit if they truly believe the guy will be a stud. That is yet to be determined.

the Talking Can
09-23-2010, 08:05 AM

get's a pass for what?

accomplishing more in 2 games than Jackson did his entire rookie season?

Berry has done a lot of great things...how on earth could you be upset?

Fat Elvis
09-23-2010, 08:06 AM
Eric Berry is a bust because he has been playing the run more than the pass. He sucks so bad that our rushing defense has gone from #31 and 156.5 yds/game in 2009 to #9 and 91 yds/game in 2010. Damn you, Eric Berry! Our scoring defense has gone from a phenomenal #29 ranking and 26.5 pts/game to #8 and 14 pts/game. You're a bum!

String him up! Trade him for a 7th round pick in the 2013 draft NOW while we can still get something for him. That rookie is responsible for 75% of the points scored against this team!

Messier
09-23-2010, 08:06 AM

No, it's hard to dole out fault for deep coverage. I think the only way you can fault one player for a long play like that is if its man on man and he just gets beat.

We don't know what the assignments were for those plays. The Cribbs TD was a good play call, against a run stopping D. The one TD I'll blame Berry for was the Gates TD>

the Talking Can
09-23-2010, 08:08 AM
Eric Berry is a bust because he has been playing the run more than the pass. He sucks so bad that our rushing defense has gone from #31 and 156.5 yds/game in 2009 to #9 and 91 yds/game in 2010. Damn you, Eric Berry! Our scoring defense has gone from a phenomenal #29 ranking and 26.5 pts/game to #8 and 14 pts/game. You're a bum!

String him up! Trade him for a 7th round pick in the 2013 draft NOW while we can still get something for him. That rookie is responsible for 75% of the points scored against this team!

plus we gave up 14 points against the Browns...outrageously bad

SNR
09-23-2010, 08:09 AM
What the fuck does this have to do with Jamaal Charles needing more carries?

Chiefnj2
09-23-2010, 08:09 AM
No, it's hard to dole out fault for deep coverage. I think the only way you can fault one player for a long play like that is if its man on man and he just gets beat.

We don't know what the assignments were for those plays. The Cribbs TD was a good play call, against a run stopping D. The one TD I'll blame Berry for was the Gates TD>

On the two long TD's Berry was supposed to provide deep help. Don't make excuses for the guy. He messed up. It's okay. Hopefully he'll learn.

RockChalk
09-23-2010, 08:11 AM
Give me an entire team of Lance Longs anytime.

FYP

Messier
09-23-2010, 08:16 AM
On the two long TD's Berry was supposed to provide deep help. Don't make excuses for the guy. He messed up. It's okay. Hopefully he'll learn.

Not on the Cribbs TD. He wasn't in a position to provide deep help. He might have been able to help if he didn't bite on the fake, but most likely there would have been two players chasing Cribbs instead of one.

keg in kc
09-23-2010, 08:25 AM
Petro is saying 3 out of four touchdowns given up are Berrys faultLost in that 3 out of 4 thing is the fact that they've only given up 4 TDs in two weeks.

It's sort of a "not seeing the forest for the trees" thing.

PhillyChiefFan
09-23-2010, 09:02 AM
Lost in that 3 out of 4 thing is the fact that they've only given up 4 TDs in two weeks.

It's sort of a "not seeing the forest for the trees" thing.

Exactly.

I understand constructive criticism of the players, but last year at this time we were giving up 4 TD's PER FRIGGIN GAME.

Defense will not win us every game this season to be sure, but this defense and in particular Berry is going to be a great for KC. He is a rookie safety who has a lot of talent, heart, and drive.

I'm pretty sure if I was the OC of any team that is playing us, I would test Berry as much as I could. It will take more than 2 games to garner the respect that Polamalu and Reed have.

Reaper16
09-23-2010, 09:10 AM
Petro is saying 3 out of four touchdowns given up are Berrys fault.
This is true. And its also hopeful. Think about when Berry gets to the point where he doesn't make TD-allowing mistakes.

the Talking Can
09-23-2010, 09:12 AM
Berry has gotten torched, but I'm not sure why that surprises anyone...that's the price for playing rooks

Chiefs Pantalones
09-23-2010, 09:26 AM
OMG just shut the fuck up. He's a rookie!!! He's going to make mistakes! KC media is terrible