PDA

View Full Version : Poop "What's our record?" - Todd "Petulant Brat" Haley

Delano
09-23-2010, 07:31 AM
Yes, Todd Haley, you're 2-0, but you're not good enough to get snippy with reporters (http://blogs.pitch.com/plog/2010/09/yes_todd_haley_youre_2-0_but_y.php)
By Joe Tone

Have you heard? The Chiefs are 2-0! Book your trip to Dallas for the Super Bowl, because there's no way they can fuck this up. No way at all.

At least that's what Todd Haley seems to think, judging by the way he reacted to a reporter's inquiry about the ball-carrying workloads of running backs Jamaal Charles and Thomas Jones.

After a break out season last year, Charles was expected to be the featured back this season, or to at least split carries with veteran Thomas Jones. But through two games, Jones has carried the bulk of the load, racking up 33 carries to Charles' 22.

When he does get touches, Charles continues to show the athleticism that moistened the happy places of Chiefs fans and fantasy owners last season, averaging almost three more yards per carry than Jones -- which sort of explains why Charles is feeling mopey about the workload, verbally resigning himself to being a back-up.

And that mopey resignation explains why a reporter, during the media's regular session with Haley on Monday, asked Haley whether he was happy with how that workload has been distributed so far. How Haley reacted was telling -- and what he's telling us is kind of scary.

"What's our record?" he asked tersely, and then let the question hang there, awkwardly, like pissed off coaches do.

The simple answer, of course, is 2-0. But the more complicated answer -- the one the reporter was basing his question on -- is "2-0 but could easily be 0-2 and your star back is losing confidence and one of the league's better run defenses is coming to town and the Colts and Texans after that, so, yes, coach, we would like to know, if it's not too much fucking trouble, whether or not you think it's a good idea to have Thomas Jones carry the ball 50 percent more than Jamaal Charles."

Is it a small question, in the scheme of everything you have to deal with, Sir Coach? Yes, it probably is. But is it the question fans most want answered? Yes, along with how you're going to make Matt Cassel suck less, it probably is. And those fans keep the lights on at that shiny new stadium of yours, and those reporters work for the fans, and so occasionally they have to ask you shit. So if it's cool with you, they'd prefer it if you just answered -- not even honestly, but nicely, without that condescending tough guy rhetorical-question bullshit that coaches are constantly pulling, somehow under the impression that the media room is the lunch room and they're still wearing a letter jacket and the reporters are taking a break from Calculus Club.

They're not, you're not, get over it. Be nice. And by the way, the answer to the question is, "No we're not happy, we need to get Jamaal more involved. He's a big part of this offense and we need to make sure he sees and feels that, and it starts with me making sure gets more involved earlier."

Was that so hard?

In related news, the Denver Broncos started last season 6-0 and missed the playoffs. Just in case anyone forgot.

stevieray
09-23-2010, 07:34 AM
weak

DaFace
09-23-2010, 07:35 AM
What a stupid article. This shit is getting old.

Reerun_KC
09-23-2010, 07:37 AM
Seriously?

Haley should tell the reporters to fuck the hell off....

Reerun_KC
09-23-2010, 07:37 AM
I think the horse is dead... Time to move on folks...

raybec 4
09-23-2010, 07:38 AM
Who is Joe Tone and why does he sound like such a fuckin pussy?

Delano
09-23-2010, 07:40 AM
I think the horse is dead... Time to move on folks...

The article was written on Tuesday, well before the horse died on this site.

SenselessChiefsFan
09-23-2010, 07:40 AM
I'd be a little annoyed too. He took over a bag of crap ball club. He still has one of the lesser talented teams in the league and he has them at 2-0.

TJ and Charles are both good backs.

You can tell this town isn't used to having a decent team.

KCtotheSB
09-23-2010, 07:41 AM
When he does get touches, Charles continues to show the athleticism that moistened the happy places of Chiefs fans and fantasy owners last season, averaging almost three more yards per carry than Jones

Go f**k your mother. While I agree that Charles should be getting more carries, I don't give two shits about "fantasy owners" when it comes to the success of the Chiefs.

Count Zarth
09-23-2010, 07:41 AM
Charles' athleticism....really athletic 20 yards on 9 carries...

Hog Farmer
09-23-2010, 07:44 AM
If you guys keep on I'm gonna turn loose a flury of Boar cum jokes !

Reerun_KC
09-23-2010, 07:45 AM
The article was written on Tuesday, well before the horse died on this site.

:doh!:

my bad!

King_Chief_Fan
09-23-2010, 07:48 AM
fuck the reporters

loochy
09-23-2010, 07:54 AM
I actually find the whole record argument to be a good one. Good for you Haley.

Mile High Mania
09-23-2010, 08:05 AM
He should have just said "We're using Jones more now because he's good, but old... he'll eventually break down and Charles will be rested and fresh, plus he had an amazing final 8 games this year... we're looking to duplicate that in 2010."

Sometimes I wish Coaches would have more fun with the media...

Reerun_KC
09-23-2010, 08:10 AM
He should have just said "We're using Jones more now because he's good, but old... he'll eventually break down and Charles will be rested and fresh, plus he had an amazing final 8 games this year... we're looking to duplicate that in 2010."

I do to... Just to see this place meltdown... I would give anything to see Haley yank the strings of the KC media and CP...

RockChalk
09-23-2010, 08:15 AM

I've never understood why they don't. It can't be true that all coaches have their sarcasm stripped of them upon taking over the HC job. Maybe the media relations people just tell them to keep it straight to the point.

I'd like to think if I were a coach, I'd screw with the media about 99% of the time.

Flachief58
09-23-2010, 08:18 AM
This. Although this team still has a way to go, I couldn't be happier with the progress they have made. I think Haley and company know what they have and are in fact putting the best players they currently have on the field to give us the best chance to at least compete for wins.

8-8 is a realistic goal for this year so this comming offseason will hopefully be another good one in terms of adding more pieces to the puzzle (like a REAL QB & O-line help). Next year I expect us to be contending for the west, but fixing the clusterfuck king carl and the werm left behind was bound to take at least 3 years.

rad
09-23-2010, 08:22 AM
Go f**k your mother. While I agree that Charles should be getting more carries, I don't give two shits about "fantasy owners" when it comes to the success of the Chiefs.

Hormonal at all? JFC...:shake:

Flachief58
09-23-2010, 08:23 AM
I bet ESPN would have taken that shit seriously and would make up all kinds of BS to berate the Chiefs.

I do to... Just to see this place meltdown... I would give anything to see Haley yank the strings of the KC media and CP...

Fish
09-23-2010, 08:32 AM
FANS AND REPORTERS ARE IMPORTANT! WE DEMAND ANSWERS!!

LMAO... douche article...

Chief Henry
09-23-2010, 08:36 AM
I'd be a little annoyed too. He took over a bag of crap ball club. He still has one of the lesser talented teams in the league and he has them at 2-0.

TJ and Charles are both good backs.

You can tell this town isn't used to having a decent team.

The talent level is much better this season. We all know we are one more season away from the playoffs. With a little luck maybe we sneak into the playoffs this year.

SenselessChiefsFan
09-23-2010, 08:41 AM
The talent level is much better this season. We all know we are one more season away from the playoffs. With a little luck maybe we sneak into the playoffs this year.

I agree that it is better, but the 49ers are 0-2, and if you look at their roster, they have more talent position by position.

The Vikings are 0-2. They have more talent position by position.

On talent alone, the Chiefs are probably no higher than 20th. Especially if you give a weighted grade to the QB position.

Stinger
09-23-2010, 08:53 AM
Who is Joe Tone and why does he sound like such a ****in pussy?

I believe it is from the words he used

Charles continues to show the athleticism that moistened the happy places of Chiefs fans and fantasy owners last season

Someone should shove this article all the way to his ovaries.

nychief
09-23-2010, 09:05 AM
who the fuck is Joe Tone?

the Talking Can
09-23-2010, 09:06 AM
he said what a coach should say

crazycoffey
09-23-2010, 09:15 AM
Yeah Todd, after winning 10 games, that's when you are good enough to get snippy with reporters...

L.A. Chieffan
09-23-2010, 09:18 AM
It all boils down to the fantasy stats...

Rain Man
09-23-2010, 09:21 AM
'scoreboard' is the ultimate retort, and haley is correct in that respect.

my worry now is that he's getting boxed into a corner where if charles gets more carries it looks like he's giving in.
Posted via Mobile Device

Demonpenz
09-23-2010, 09:23 AM
He should Herman Edwards get on stage then pull the string on his back and have him say "YOU PLAY TO WIN THE GAME, HELLO?"

wilas101
09-23-2010, 09:29 AM
Joe Tone reminds me of assholes I've worked with in the past..... you know the types. They start shit simply for the sake of starting shit and then can't figure out why nobody wants to have lunch with them.

gblowfish
09-23-2010, 09:34 AM
Haley's record is actually 6-12, but who's counting?

Duck Dog
09-23-2010, 10:51 AM
Haley's record is actually 6-12, but who's counting?

Not with this particular team, but who cares. eh?

tomahawk kid
09-23-2010, 10:57 AM
Seriously?

Haley should tell the reporters to **** the hell off....

THIS.

Rausch
09-23-2010, 11:18 AM
I actually find the whole record argument to be a good one. Good for you Haley.

I think it's a stupid one.

But fine, ok, he doesn't have to answer any questions because his team is winning.

Ok, when they drop below .500 his as damned sure better sit the fuck down and answer every fucking question the temper tantrum throwing baby doesn't have the patience for now...

ZootedGranny
09-23-2010, 11:50 AM
Todd Haley: "What's our record?"

Joe Tone: "But..."

http://i52.tinypic.com/345lcic.jpg

OmahaChief
09-23-2010, 12:07 PM
I have a feeling a lot of you that are backing the coach on this will be singing a different tune in a few weeks. Once the losses start to come, and they will, and Charles is getting crap for carries, the outcry will be in full force. I see nothing wrong with the reporters question and personally I am already sick of the Haley attittude. That guy has not proven a thing.

King_Chief_Fan
09-23-2010, 12:10 PM
I have a feeling a lot of you that are backing the coach on this will be singing a different tune in a few weeks. Once the losses start to come, and they will, and Charles is getting crap for carries, the outcry will be in full force. I see nothing wrong with the reporters question and personally I am already sick of the Haley attittude. That guy has not proven a thing.
sounds like you long for the Carl and Herm days:eek:

FAX
09-23-2010, 12:18 PM

I'm sorry to know that you feel that way, Mr. OmahaChief. Normally, I agree with most of your opinions about things.

I like Haley and I think he's done a good job, so far. Last year had to be difficult for him ... rookie HC, hired late, crap coordinators (or none at all), crap team ...

I also think his attitude about work ethic, getting the guys into better physical condition, and holding players accountable are things this franchise desperately needed. I'm not ready to crown him, but I think he's done a good job under some pretty crazy circumstances.

Also, I don't think you can blame him for giving pap to the media. If they don't like his answers, they have both the right and the opportunity to ask better questions. He's under no obligation to volunteer information ... no matter how much some fans might prefer that kind of disclosure.

FAX

Just Passin' By
09-23-2010, 12:22 PM

He's proven that he can go 2-0 in the year 2010 while having Jones rush more often than Charles.

OmahaChief
09-23-2010, 12:23 PM
sounds like you long for the Carl and Herm days:eek:

Far from it. I would just rather have someone that is more media savy and puts the Chiefs organization in a better light. Haley for the most part comes off as a jerk. A guy can get away with it if he has some rings but a new guy has little banked goodwill from the fans or media to act the way he does at times.

I prefer a guy like Tomlin, who to my knowledge has handled himself with grace.

OmahaChief
09-23-2010, 12:36 PM
I'm sorry to know that you feel that way, Mr. OmahaChief. Normally, I agree with most of your opinions about things.

I like Haley and I think he's done a good job, so far. Last year had to be difficult for him ... rookie HC, hired late, crap coordinators (or none at all), crap team ...

I also think his attitude about work ethic, getting the guys into better physical condition, and holding players accountable are things this franchise desperately needed. I'm not ready to crown him, but I think he's done a good job under some pretty crazy circumstances.

Also, I don't think you can blame him for giving pap to the media. If they don't like his answers, they have both the right and the opportunity to ask better questions. He's under no obligation to volunteer information ... no matter how much some fans might prefer that kind of disclosure.

FAX

He has the right idea in the getting the guys to work and holding guys accountable and maybe that will translate into wins. He was saddled with the coordinator issue but don't forget be also wanted to be his own OC for the most part so a lot of that offensive ineffectiveness was based on his play calling, the rest of the crappy Oline, QB and LJ. The team really did not start playing well until the O came around with JC and now he is relegated to spot duty. I was all for the signing of Jones but I figured the carries would be 50-50 if not a little in favor of JC.

To address your last point about his media relations...Haley was not even man enough to try to answer the question though. He took the cowards way out and bullied the media member. This kind of thing only seems to work in Sports and is frustrated becuase no matter what way the question was asked he was most likely not going to answer.

Mr. Laz
09-23-2010, 12:48 PM
this

what really gets me is idiots like Kevin Keitzman say that they like the way the chiefs are learning how to win but then they turn around as say that they don't like they way the chiefs are doing stuff.

Maybe right now the consistency that Jones provides is a higher priority than the flash that Charles provides?

That moron Kietzman does the same thing about the QB position. He would rant every dam day about how Tyler Thigpen was never going to be an elite QB and the NFL was a QB driven league so there was no point in keeping Thigpen. He would literally scream down any caller that said anything remotely nice about Thigpen. Anyone remember that assholes 15 minute act about how "he had seen the light, Thigpen in the man". :shake:

Well now Keitzman is making excuses and rationalizing why the Chiefs should keep Cassel because Cassel is "managing the game". All because KK used to say how much he liked Cassel back when he was a Patriot and we had Thigpen. I guess still wants to support "his" guy.

make up your moronic mind already......

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-23-2010, 12:50 PM

This. Fuck them. Fuck everyone one of them and their little betting pools.

That shit deserves no bearing on the real life game whatsoever.

gblowfish
09-23-2010, 12:58 PM
To address your last point about his media relations...Haley was not even man enough to try to answer the question though. He took the cowards way out and bullied the media member. This kind of thing only seems to work in Sports and is frustrated becuase no matter what way the question was asked he was most likely not going to answer.

I guess he did learn a thing or two working for Parcells...

KC Tattoo
09-23-2010, 12:59 PM
FANS AND REPORTERS ARE IMPORTANT! WE DEMAND ANSWERS!!

LMAO... douche article...

<object width="640" height="390"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/8hGvQtumNAY&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&version=3"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/8hGvQtumNAY&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="390"></embed></object>