PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs ATHAN - Thanks for the 'W', Vernon

Claynus
09-23-2010, 06:36 PM
Oh my!

Chiefs Notebook: Thanks for the 'W', Vernon

http://www.foxsportskansascity.com/09/23/10/Thanks-for-the-W-Vernon/landing.html?blockID=316737&feedID=5070

By Nicholas Athan
Fox Sports Kansas City.com / WarpaintIllustrated.com
September 23, 2010

In the wake of the San Francisco 49ers' pursuit of imperfection to start the 2010 season, the 0-2 NFC West team has a new mouthpiece. His name is Vernon Davis and he all but guaranteed that his team will leave Arrowhead on Sunday afternoon 0-3.

Unless you’re Babe Ruth, no other athletic figure has the street credentials to brashly predict the outcome of a sporting event. Not even Muhammad Ali.

Davis' team stands winless on the season. And after their Monday Night meltdown, a loss to the New Orleans Saints, he brashly predicted his group of underachievers would defeat the Chiefs overachievers.

I’ll side with the 'over' on this one.

“We will win this one,” Davis brashly said to reporters Wednesday.

When asked again to clarify his comments, he didn’t back down.

“We will win this game. We have the team to do it,” he said. “We’ve just got to get rid of all the mistakes. Without the mistakes, there’s no telling where we can go. There’s no limit.”

Hey Vernon, there is a limit.

Your team just isn’t very good. And though it’s admirable that you’ve not lost your passion for winning, I’d think that the 49ers' 0-2 start would be better served not to have a bulls-eye on your back when you line up against the Chiefs on Sunday.

Did the Chiefs take notice of Davis’ brash comments? Sure they did. But they’ll offer their rebuttals on the battlefield Sunday.

Now to be fair, there isn’t any question that the 49ers have more talent than the Chiefs. Though they’re not in the class of the Chiefs first victim of the season, the San Diego Chargers, they’re not that far off.

The problem is that they don’t know how to play as a team. They told the entire world after their loss to the Saints on Monday that they had the better team.

Sorry hate to be so blunt again - but they don’t.

The Saints are in a class all by themselves in the NFC right now. Sure they’re not playing their best football of the season but they know how to win games. And the bay area team doesn’t.

The 49ers in 2010 are a classic story. They have talent on both sides of the ball but they fall way short in their coaching department. Head Coach Mike Singletary was one of my favorite NFL players of all time. But as a man leading a football team, he’s in way over his head.

The fact that he reached deep down into the Good Ole Boy network to put his coaching staff together tells me all I need to know about his future employment in the NFL.

Former Chiefs castoff Jimmy Raye is the team's offensive coordinator. How he keeps getting NFL jobs is beyond my comprehension. He was the man responsible for the Chiefs' offense from 1992 – 2000. Enough said.

No, I can’t let it go that easy. It was he who thought that Rich Gannon wasn’t as good as Steve Bono and Elvis Grbac.

Enough said!

If Singletary really wants to win Sunday in Kansas City, he’s going to have to pull out all the stops. Sure the 49ers' offense can put up some nice numbers with quarterback Alex Smith and running back Frank Gore.

But the team hasn’t been able to get anything out of wide receiver Michael Crabtree. And the team's new spokesperson, Davis, has been so-so thus far in 2010.

The 49ers fell into the classic NFL trap this offseason. They believed the hype that the national experts said about them over the summer. Most predicted that they were the team to beat in the West. And I can’t argue with the sentiment. I had them as division winners as well.

Ironically, even with a likely 0-3 start, it won’t be a division-killer for them. Next to the AFC West, the NFC West is equally as bad.

Still you would think that an 0-2 team would be serving up a dish of humble pie as they head into KC to face one of the seasons biggest surprises. You’d think they would keep their mouths shut and go prove they’re not a winless team on Sunday.

I’m afraid Davis’ comments will only make things worse for the 49ers when they invade Arrowhead stadium at high noon.

For their proficiency to put the ball on the ground, it appears they’re also excelling at putting their foots in their mouths.

The Chiefs will be 3-0 after Sunday’s romp of the 49ers.

How’s that for BRASH, Vernon!

OnTheWarpath58
09-23-2010, 06:37 PM
http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e57/Thereaper16/2vjso51jpg.gif

Chiefs Rool
09-23-2010, 06:38 PM
"Unless you’re Babe Ruth, no other athletic figure has the street credentials to brashly predict the outcome of a sporting event. Not even Muhammad Ali."

isn't that what Joe namath is famous for?

FAX
09-23-2010, 06:40 PM
But ... did he say it brashly?

FAX

POND_OF_RED
09-23-2010, 06:43 PM
Davis' team stands winless on the season. And after their Monday Night meltdown, a loss to the New Orleans Saints, he brashly predicted his group of underachievers would defeat the Chiefs overachievers.

:spock: Does this assclown even watch football?

bevischief
09-23-2010, 06:48 PM
Sounds like our secondary will have a great day.

KC Tattoo
09-23-2010, 06:48 PM
Ya know, the niners just about sent the game against the Saints into over time. It's not like they are 0-2 playing against sucky teams. Seattle put it to em but they played a hell of a game against the Saints & that could (Jamaal needs to)carrie(the ball more) a lot of momentum into this week against us.

Jerm
09-23-2010, 06:49 PM
http://www.foxsportskansascity.com/09/23/10/Thanks-for-the-W-Vernon/landing.html?blockID=316737&feedID=5070

By Nick "Assclown" Athan
Fox Sports Kansas City.com / WarpaintIllustrated.com
September 23, 2010

Be hilarious if it actually showed up on Fox's site that way. ROFL

bevischief
09-23-2010, 06:56 PM
Be hilarious if it actually showed up on Fox's site that way. ROFL

ROFL

Sure-Oz
09-23-2010, 06:59 PM
What a fuck

DeezNutz
09-23-2010, 07:04 PM
"Unless you’re Babe Ruth, no other athletic figure has the street credentials to brashly predict the outcome of a sporting event. Not even Muhammad Ali."

That's as far as I was able to go.

Dinny Blues
09-23-2010, 07:20 PM
Let me get this straight.

Jason Whitlock and Nick Athan both write for Fox Sports?

I wonder if they share an office? Who picks up the tab when they "do lunch"?

The gift exchange at Christmas?

Endless possibilities for yucks.

Dinny

Claynus
09-23-2010, 07:36 PM
Jason Whitlock and Nick "Assclown" Athan both write for Fox Sports?

Indeed.

http://i53.tinypic.com/2jdn7yo.jpg

wazu
09-23-2010, 07:41 PM
Former Chiefs castoff Jimmy Raye is the team's offensive coordinator. How he keeps getting NFL jobs is beyond my comprehension. He was the man responsible for the Chiefs' offense from 1992 – 2000.

Paul Hackett might beg to differ.

Guru
09-23-2010, 07:43 PM
He called THAT a Monday night meltdown? The Chiefs will always own that title.

Wyndex
09-23-2010, 07:46 PM
remember back when in 03' when we were undefeated and had Cincinnati that weekend? Chad OchoCinco said "I guarantee the Chiefs will leave Cincinnati being no longer undefeated"

we lost to them

Saul Good
09-23-2010, 07:47 PM
As an aside, does Nick think that the "cred" in "street cred" is short for "credentials"?

Hog Farmer
09-23-2010, 07:49 PM
Jesus Christ !!!! We're gonna lose by 30 now ! Bass terd

BigMeatballDave
09-23-2010, 07:51 PM
Paul Hackett might beg to differ.This. Athan is a fucking moron. They hired Hackett in 93. He left for USC after the 97 season. If I'm not mistaken, Howard Mudd was our OC in 92.

DaneMcCloud
09-23-2010, 07:59 PM
This. Athan is a fucking moron. They hired Hackett in 93. He left for USC after the 97 season. If I'm not mistaken, Howard Mudd was our OC in 92.

Howard Mudd was the offensive line coach.

Joe Pendry was the OC.

J Diddy
09-23-2010, 08:02 PM
Well fuck, we don't even have to watch the game now.

Thanks for the spoiler dick weed.

Phobia
09-23-2010, 08:27 PM
I read it and couldn't stop laughing the entire way. I had to compose myself for 3 minutes before I was capable of begging to differ through a response on this thread.

Three7s
09-23-2010, 08:42 PM
This is the funniest article I've ever read.

How dumb is Athan really?

Phobia
09-23-2010, 08:44 PM
This is the funniest article I've ever read.

How dumb is Athan really?

He's not dumb. He just sucks a lot.

Mr. Flopnuts
09-23-2010, 08:45 PM
I read it and couldn't stop laughing the entire way. I had to compose myself for 3 minutes before I was capable of begging to differ through a response on this thread.

See you in Springfield on Sunday!!!

BigMeatballDave
09-23-2010, 08:49 PM
Howard Mudd was the offensive line coach.

Joe Pendry was the OC.Ah, thats right. Thanks.

BigMeatballDave
09-23-2010, 08:52 PM
He's not dumb. He just sucks a lot.LMAO No kidding. Obviously, he doesnt have a clue what research is. One might wonder if he even knows what proofreading is.

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-23-2010, 09:28 PM
It was Jimmy Raye?

Rrrrrrrright.....

:facepalm:

Mr. Kotter
09-23-2010, 09:54 PM
Jamal needs more carries, and Cassel (to this point) sucks??? :shrug:

Just sayin.... :hmmm:

CHENZ A!
09-23-2010, 10:12 PM
Jamal needs more carries, and Cassel (to this point) sucks??? :shrug:

Just sayin.... :hmmm:

your shit is played out.

milkman
09-23-2010, 11:21 PM
He's not dumb. He just sucks a lot.

The evidence presented to us through his writing would suggest that you're both wrong and right.

He's a big sucking dumbass.

ChiefsCountry
09-23-2010, 11:24 PM
Well fuck Athan's predictions are always fucking horrible, so that seals it we are going to lose on Sunday.

Phobia
09-23-2010, 11:31 PM
Well **** Athan's predictions are always ****ing horrible, so that seals it we are going to lose on Sunday.

That's my fear. Opposite Nick is usually a pretty safe bet.

chiefsnorth
09-24-2010, 07:07 AM
The 49ers were 8-8 last year and the defending super bowl champions needed a last second field goal to beat them. That is what he calls a "meltdown"?

chiefsnorth
09-24-2010, 07:10 AM
"Ironically, even with a likely 0-3 start, it won’t be a division-killer for them. Next to the AFC West, the NFC West is equally as bad.

Still you would think that an 0-2 team would be serving up a dish of humble pie as they head into KC to face one of the seasons biggest surprises. You’d think they would keep their mouths shut and go prove they’re not a winless team on Sunday.

I’m afraid Davis’ comments will only make things worse for the 49ers when they invade Arrowhead stadium at high noon.

For their proficiency to put the ball on the ground, it appears they’re also excelling at putting their foots in their mouths.

The Chiefs will be 3-0 after Sunday’s romp of the 49ers. "

Did a child write this?

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-24-2010, 07:24 AM
"Ironically, even with a likely 0-3 start, it won’t be a division-killer for them. Next to the AFC West, the NFC West is equally as bad.

The Chiefs will be 3-0 after Sunday’s romp of the 49ers. "

Did a child write this?

LMAO "Sharks have a week dedicated to Nick Athan"...

Dave Lane
09-24-2010, 08:10 AM

Who was the third stooge? Damn it im slipping!! Was it Brian Schottenheimer?

stevieray
09-24-2010, 08:18 AM

gunther

Dave Lane
09-24-2010, 08:20 AM
Sadly I'd a than is predicting a victory we are liable to take an epic biblical beating. No chance we win now.

Detoxing
09-24-2010, 09:16 AM
People are reading into this shit too much. He's just preaching what his head coach preaches.

"We will stop Drew Brees blah blah blah"

"We will win blah blah blah"

They keep telling themselves that they will. I don't think there is anything wrong with that. Maybe if they believe it enough, they'll do it.

Rausch
09-24-2010, 09:22 AM
Unless you’re Babe Ruth, no other athletic figure has the street credentials to brashly predict the outcome of a sporting event. Not even Muhammad Ali.

WHAT!?!?

Are you...fuck...pills.....calms down.....fucking MORON MOTHERFUCKER WITH NO CLUE ABOU-........calming........more pills.......make....hate.........down...

......going.....down....

Are you fucking new to EARTH?...

milkman
09-24-2010, 09:22 AM

gunther

The Three Stooges were actually Raye, Cunther, and Mike Stock.

Rausch
09-24-2010, 09:50 AM
This $3it is about to ****ing become a mother****ing educational experience on the GREATNESS that is Muhammad Ali and the ****ing intellectual sodomy of one (**** YOU!) Athan for not knowing shit about which he speaks.

While imperfect Ali not only predicted ****ing KO'S (ballsy, for those not ****ing ALI) but the rounds the KO's would happen in.

This is not easy to equate to football because boxing is one man vs. another. The variables are less, the number of people officiating the contest are less, the size of the contest is considerably less.

To claim that you will end this man's ability to think and compete, not just win, but end their ability to compete, is beyond bold.

The Thrilla' in Manilla and the Rumble In the Jungle are not only examples of how ****ing sports ignorant you are, how immeasurably ****ing ignorant you are of the impact of sport on the American people, but a prime example of the YOU JUST DON'T ****ING GET IT that makes you completely undeserving of being a public voice and the reason you are ****ing FAIL at the end of the day.

You can't ****ing manage one sport in a coherent manner and then you ****ing brave allusions to $#it you have ABSOLUTELY no clue about.

Die.

Slowly.

Of ass cancer.

It hurts me that you still breathe air and make money. My soul aches. I question if there is a GOD knowing that you can be this ****ing ignorant and sustain yourself.

Your complete.......I can't.......I'm done.

At this point I'll start killing innocent tree rats with spare rounds if I don't step away...

leviw
09-24-2010, 10:17 AM
Let me get this straight.

Jason Whitlock and Nick "Assclown" Athan both write for Fox Sports?

I wonder if they share an office? Who picks up the tab when they "do lunch"?

The gift exchange at Christmas?

Dinny

No. This is not correct at all.

Athan is a freelancer for FoxSportsKansasCity.com

Jason Whitlock is a national columinst for FoxSports.com

What you said is basically like telling people that, because your son's little league team is named the Yankees, he plays with Derek Jeter.

johnny961
09-24-2010, 12:47 PM

Yeah. during that time span I was thinking Paul Hackett was partly responsible for our offensive mess too.