PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs AFC Playbook crew on NFL Network says Chiefs 2-1

Nzoner
09-24-2010, 06:37 AM
and I don't mean record after this weekend.

Sterling Sharpe picks KC because any team with Thomas Jones in the backfield is :thumb:

Joe Theisman picks KC because of running game and defense and loves Eric Berry.

Coach Brian Billick picks 49er's because of Gore,says coaches everywhere respect him more than any RB in the league.

Hog Farmer
09-24-2010, 06:41 AM
Well, they we're right last week so why not.

petegz28
09-24-2010, 07:33 AM
I don't believe Gore is the most resptected back in the league. I would not put him above CJ, AP or Chalres for that matter.

Ralphy Boy
09-24-2010, 08:15 AM
I don't believe Gore is the most resptected back in the league. I would not put him above CJ, AP or Chalres for that matter.

Respect does not mean most talented. Gore is good soldier who keeps his mouth shut and doesn't trash talk. He's also harder to bring down than anyone you named.

kepp
09-24-2010, 08:19 AM
So is that respect going to get him more than 3.3 yards per carry?

bevischief
09-24-2010, 08:26 AM
It sounds promising.

King_Chief_Fan
09-24-2010, 08:26 AM
Respect does not mean most talented. Gore is good soldier who keeps his mouth shut and doesn't trash talk. He's also harder to bring down than anyone you named.

It looks to me that he is harder to tackle than a fire hydrant

milkman
09-24-2010, 10:14 AM
Just saw the Playbook segment on this matchup, and getting a chance to see the Flowers pick 6 from the coaching film perspective really allows you to see just how good that play was.

His recognition and reaction are outstanding.

On the other side of things, Chiefs are going to to have play their most diciplined defense in order to contain Gore.

Mr. Flopnuts
09-24-2010, 10:17 AM
Just saw the Playbook segment on this matchup, and getting a chance to see the Flowers pick 6 from the coaching film perspective really allows you to see just how good that play was.

His recognition and reaction are outstanding.

On the other side of things, Chiefs are going to to have play their most diciplined defense in order to contain Gore.

Wallace did a horrible job on that play. He projected it the whole way, and that little look away he did to try and draw coverage off of his guy was pathetic at best.

I'm not trying to take anything away from Flowers, he knew exactly what to do and executed it masterfully, but Seneca really gave that one away.

rambleonthruthefog
09-24-2010, 10:18 AM
gore is a stud. if he played on a good team he would be a household name. the man blocks well, catches well, and even blocks well. one of the best in the league

Tuckdaddy
09-24-2010, 10:21 AM

What? Harder to tackle that AP and CJ. Hell no he isn't.

Rausch
09-24-2010, 10:24 AM
We win this game...

milkman
09-24-2010, 10:24 AM
Wallace did a horrible job on that play. He projected it the whole way, and that little look away he did to try and draw coverage off of his guy was pathetic at best.

I'm not trying to take anything away from Flowers, he knew exactly what to do and executed it masterfully, but Seneca really gave that one away.

That is the very definition of recognition.

He read the QB, read the route(s) and perfectly times his decision to release the WR running the deep sideline and jump the short route.

Bane
09-24-2010, 10:25 AM
What? Harder to tackle that AP and CJ. Hell no he isn't.

He holds on to the ball better than AP for damn sure.
Posted via Mobile Device

DaFace
09-24-2010, 10:26 AM
Remember the play in the San Diego game where they ran their fullback and he plowed through our defense like a bowling ball? I expect that Gore will look similar. Hopefully we can contain him enough to make Alex Smith try and win the game.

milkman
09-24-2010, 10:30 AM
Remember the play in the San Diego game where they ran their fullback and he plowed through our defense like a bowling ball? I expect that Gore will look similar. Hopefully we can contain him enough to make Alex Smith try and win the game.

I think that run was so effective because the guy was a bulldozer and the Chiefs defense was gassed.

Gore is a load to be sure.

But he's also a guy with great vision and patience, and the ability to make people miss.

His cuts are on par with any of the best RBs you see.

He's also a damn good receiver and great blocker.

One of the best and most complete RBs in the game.

Mr. Flopnuts
09-24-2010, 10:53 AM
That is the very definition of recognition.

He read the QB, read the route(s) and perfectly times his decision to release the WR running the deep sideline and jump the short route.

I'm totally with you. Really wasn't trying to take anything away from B Flowers on that play. It was awesome. I just thought Seneca was worse on that play, than Brandon was good. If that makes an oz. of sense.

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-24-2010, 10:58 AM
and I don't mean record after this weekend.

Sterling Sharpe picks KC because any team with Thomas Jones in the backfield is :thumb:

Joe Theisman picks KC because of running game and defense and loves Eric Berry.

Coach Brian Billick picks 49er's because of Gore,says coaches everywhere respect him more than any RB in the league.

I though Billick presented a pretty weak case compared to Theisman.

JASONSAUTO
09-24-2010, 11:31 AM
gore is a stud. if he played on a good team he would be a household name. the man blocks well, catches well, and even blocks well. one of the best in the league

damn is he such a good blocker that you had to mention it twice?

DrRyan
09-24-2010, 11:57 AM
He holds on to the ball better than AP for damn sure.
Posted via Mobile Device

A little bit better I suppose. Gore = 23 fumbles in 75 games. AP = 20 fumbles in 48 games. Lets not make Gore out to be the guy that does not fumble though as he has had quite a fumbling problem himself, especially near the goal line.

Peterson (http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/P/PeteAd01.htm)

Gore (http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/G/GoreFr00.htm)