PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Who is your most hated Chief of all time?

Chiefs Rool
09-24-2010, 06:11 PM
working on this poll thingy.

Guru
09-24-2010, 06:12 PM
That kicker

bevischief
09-24-2010, 06:13 PM
LJ... Hands down.

Count Zarth
09-24-2010, 06:13 PM
Tyler Thigpen, for the sheer stupidity he introduced into the fanbase.

Chiefs Rool
09-24-2010, 06:15 PM
damn, I can't believe I forgot to add that kicker to the list, Gosh darn it!

gblowfish
09-24-2010, 06:15 PM
By far, the Kicker who shall remain nameless.

Hug it Out Dan
09-24-2010, 06:16 PM
Lin Elliott......not even close.

That fucker is in a league all by himself.

Guru
09-24-2010, 06:17 PM
damn, I can't believe I forgot to add that kicker to the list, Gosh darn it!

Poll FAIL!!!!:shake:

rockymtnchief
09-24-2010, 06:18 PM
That kicker

This, multilplied by eleventy billion.

Chiefs Rool
09-24-2010, 06:21 PM
Poll FAIL!!!!:shake:

yup, may as well wrap it up

58-4ever
09-24-2010, 06:22 PM
I can't believe you didn't put that kicker on there. I will stab that kicker in the ovaries.

58-4ever
09-24-2010, 06:23 PM
And Dale Carter? Why would he be on the list? All those frustrating pass interference penalties?

DJ's left nut
09-24-2010, 06:24 PM
Jon Baker.

If Jon Baker can keep a !@#$ing kickoff in-bounds, the Chiefs beat the Raiders at the end of the 1999 season.

If the Chiefs make the playoffs, Derrick Thomas isn't in an SUV on a snowy road.

Yes - Jon Baker killed Derrick Thomas.

As such, he is my least favorite Chiefs of all time. Fuck you, Jon Baker.

Bump
09-24-2010, 06:24 PM
Lin E lliot, I hate that man!

58-4ever
09-24-2010, 06:25 PM
Jon Baker.

If Jon Baker can keep a !@#$ing kickoff in-bounds, the Chiefs beat the Raiders at the end of the 1999 season.

If the Chiefs make the playoffs, Derrick Thomas isn't in an SUV on a snowy road.

That's deep thought right there. I have a new vote.

Hug it Out Dan
09-24-2010, 06:29 PM
Jon Baker.

As such, he is my least favorite Chiefs of all time. **** you, Jon Baker.

That's not necessarily true.

DT was on the way to KCI airport because he was flying out to attend the NFC champ game.

So just because we didn't make the playoffs doesn't mean anything. We could have lost the first/second round for that matter and DT would still have been able to attend the NFC champ game.

Dinny Blues
09-24-2010, 06:32 PM
Herm Edwards. He fixed the defense and left the offense alone.

His nickname should have been "Rock". Because he was smart like a rock.

Dinny

DJ's left nut
09-24-2010, 06:35 PM

Wasn't DT on the way to KCI airport because he was flying out to attend the NFC champ game??? For some reason that's how I remember it.

So just because we didn't make the playoffs doesn't mean anything. We could have lost the first/second round for that matter and DT would still have been able to attend the game.

A butterfly flaps its wings in Africa...

Art Vader
09-24-2010, 06:35 PM
that fucking kicker.. forget his name

Bump
09-24-2010, 06:38 PM
that ****ing kicker.. forget his name

It's Lin ELL!OT.

He's a jerk.

BigRedChief
09-24-2010, 06:38 PM
working on this poll thingy.jeezzzz you have some serious poll fail.....just where the fu&% is the kicker whos name shall not ever be spoken on this board again?

Guru
09-24-2010, 06:39 PM
It's *** ******

He's a jerk.

:cuss::cuss::cuss: Never EVER say his name. Damn!!!!

BigRedChief
09-24-2010, 06:41 PM
damn, I can't believe I forgot to add that kicker to the list, Gosh darn it!how the hell can you forget that azzwipe kicker? Your not a real fan.:rolleyes:

BigRedChief
09-24-2010, 06:42 PM
It's (((((((.

He's a jerk.
Neg rep for mentioning his name

milkman
09-24-2010, 06:42 PM
Anyone who says Elliot is a fucking idiot.

He sucked going into the playoffs, yet Marty and Hackett continued to put him into position to fail.

The answer to this question should be a no brainer.

It's Carl.

He took over an organization that had drafted some talented players and hired a HC who would get the most from that talent until the playoffs, at which time he played not lose.

After Marty finally left, Carl hired Cunther, then gave awy draft picks for Dick and Herman fucking Edwards.

Carl sucked at drafting, he sucked at bringing in free agents, he sucked at hiring a HC.

In short, Carl sucked, and the end result is that the Chiefs sucked becauise of him.

58-4ever
09-24-2010, 06:43 PM

He sucked going into the playoffs, yet Marty and Hackett continued to put him into position to fail.

It's Carl.

He took over an organization that had drafted some talented players and hired a HC who would get the most from that talent until the playoffs, at which time he played not lose.

After Marty finally left, Carl hired Cunther, then gave awy draft picks for Dick and Herman fucking Edwards.

Carl sucked at drafting, he sucked at bringing in free agents, he sucked at hiring a HC.

In short, Carl sucked, and the end result is that the Chiefs sucked becauise of him.

Carl didn't shank three field goals in a game that we lost 10-7

Art Vader
09-24-2010, 06:44 PM
It's.

He's a jerk.

http://i52.tinypic.com/264s84o.gif

Chiefs Rool
09-24-2010, 06:44 PM
how the hell can you forget that azzwipe kicker? Your not a real fan.:rolleyes:

I know, I messed up big time.

milkman
09-24-2010, 06:45 PM
Neg rep for mentioning his name

Fucking idiots.

L Elliot

Linn Eliot

Bunch of fucking idiots.

Marty lost that game.
Paul Hackett lost that game.

Elliot was just a symptom of teh disease.

Count Zarth

It's Carl.

And yet the Chiefs were shit before he got here.

I can't hate Carl. He built this city.

Guru
Anyone who says Elliot is a ****ing idiot.

It's Carl.

After Marty finally left, Carl hired ****her, then gave awy draft picks for Dick and Herman ****ing Edwards.

I don't consider Carl a Chief.

Jethopper
no kicker = poll fail

Mecca
How did Dale Carter make this list? He was always one of my favorite players.

Guru
09-24-2010, 06:46 PM
****ing idiots.

Bunch of ****ing idiots.

Marty lost that game.

Elliot was just a symptom of teh disease.You are temping the football gods man!!!! ROFL

Guru
09-24-2010, 06:46 PM
How did Dale Carter make this list? He was always one of my favorite players.
I didn't understand putting him in there either.

milkman
09-24-2010, 06:47 PM
Carl didn't shank three field goals in a game that we lost 10-7

Carl is responisble for every piece of shit that was added to the roster, including Elliot, who had been cut by Jimmy Johnson because he was a choker.

Elliot was just a symptom of the disease, as I said in my previous post.

Chiefs Rool
09-24-2010, 06:47 PM
I didn't understand putting him in there either.

I thought everybody hated him because he went to the Broncos.

58-4ever
09-24-2010, 06:48 PM
Carl is responisble for every piece of shit that was added to the roster, including Elliot, who had been cut by Jimmy Johnson because he was a choker.

Elliot was just a symptom of the disease, as I said in my previous post.

Even a shitty kicker makes one of three.

Mecca
09-24-2010, 06:51 PM
I thought everybody hated him because he went to the Broncos.

I remember being pretty annoyed he wasn't re-signed.

KCChiefsFan88
09-24-2010, 06:53 PM
Jack Steadman should be on this list.

milkman
09-24-2010, 06:55 PM
Even a shitty kicker makes one of three.

Really.

Tell that to Elliot, and Marty, and Carl.

He sucked, before the playoffs.

Why do you keep asking him not to suck in the playoffs?

milkman
09-24-2010, 06:58 PM
Jack Steadman should be on this list.

Steadman was a part of the team that helped to build those championship calibre teams in the 60s.

He ddi a piss poor job of finding coaching talent in the 70s and 80s, and when he did actually find a coach, he gave up on him too quickly.

But even while he sucked at everything else, he was the guy responsible for drafting most of the foundation of that 90s team that did actually have the talent to compete for a championship, if only Carl would have hired a coach with some playoff balls.

'Hamas' Jenkins
09-24-2010, 07:01 PM
It's Marty's fault for not shitcanning Elliot when he missed XPs against Oakland and Miami. I was 13 fucking years old and completely aghast at the stupidity of the non-move.

Thig Lyfe
09-24-2010, 07:02 PM

You shut your goddamn motherfucking mouth you goddamn motherfucker.

'Hamas' Jenkins
09-24-2010, 07:02 PM
I don't hate him, but as far as Chiefs who receive far too much love, you have to consider Lamar Hunt, even though it is probably anathema to do so. The guy did nothing for this franchise for the last 35 years of his life. He was asleep at the wheel and his inaction was a large part why this team has crumbled into nothing.

DeezNutz
09-24-2010, 07:06 PM
For me, it honestly might be Cassel. In one glorious swoop, all of the optimism in the new regime was mitigated by a full-Carl move.

Could be a good dude. Don't know and don't care. But I hate everything his acquisition represents.

Oh, and Dick Vermeil. For as much hate as Herm gets on this board, Grandpa was exponentially worse.

58-4ever
09-24-2010, 07:07 PM
Really.

Tell that to Elliot, and Marty, and Carl.

He sucked, before the playoffs.

Why do you keep asking him not to suck in the playoffs?

I'm sure he was better than 66 percent before the playoffs, and 66 percent wins us the game.

milkman
09-24-2010, 07:07 PM
I don't hate him, but as far as Chiefs who receive far too much love, you have to consider Lamar Hunt, even though it is probably anathema to do so. The guy did nothing for this franchise for the last 35 years of his life. He was asleep at the wheel and his inaction was a large part why this team has crumbled into nothing.

I agree.

I was just about to post much the same thing.

What other owner would have given the team's GM as many years as he did with both Steadman and Carl?

milkman
09-24-2010, 07:09 PM
I'm sure he was better than 66 percent before the playoffs, and 66 percent wins us the game.

See Hamas post.

He missed two xtra points during the season leading up to the playoffs, and you expect him to be better than 66% on field goals?

BigMeatballDave
09-24-2010, 07:10 PM

I think I'd rather have him right now over Cassel.

Count Zarth
09-24-2010, 07:12 PM
It's Marty's fault for not shitcanning Elliot when he missed XPs against Oakland and Miami. I was 13 fucking years old and completely aghast at the stupidity of the non-move.

Child prodigy drafturbating!

Frazod
09-24-2010, 07:13 PM
Bronco Neil. Fuck him forever. 4321

Mecca
09-24-2010, 07:16 PM
I really disliked all the 49er castoffs, guys like Ted Popson, Oh and Victor Bailey, stupendous move that was.

'Hamas' Jenkins
09-24-2010, 07:18 PM
Holy Fuck, Ted Popson. :facepalm: I totally forgot about him. Granted, Ronnie Lott was an impact signing for us, too.

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-24-2010, 07:19 PM
LJ. HUGE waste.

Count Zarth
09-24-2010, 07:20 PM
Ted Popson showed Tony G the ropes. I liked him. He was a nice lunchpail player.

Mecca
09-24-2010, 07:21 PM
I also can't believe the crappy LB duo of Glenn Cadrez and Mike Maslowski aren't listed.

the Talking Can
09-24-2010, 07:22 PM
Anyone who says Elliot is a ****ing idiot.

It's Carl.

After Marty finally left, Carl hired ****her, then gave awy draft picks for Dick and Herman ****ing Edwards.

this

is

the

only

answer

decades without a QB...Carl

decade+ without a playoff win...Carl

Gunther....Carl

Bringing Gunther back...Carl

Herm....Carl

True Fans....Carl

Win now, 8-8...Carl

**** Carl Peterson's face off with a helicopter blade

edit**

Carl also brought us the draft picks and coaches responsible for several of the worst, most embarrassing defenses in nfl history

'Hamas' Jenkins
09-24-2010, 07:23 PM
LJ. HUGE waste.

Meh, it was a rollercoaster.

Horrible move (passing on Polamalu b/c we hitched the wagon to Wesley and Woods) followed by a great move (drafting LJ over Tyler Brayton, pissing Vermeil off) followed by a horrible move (Vermeil benching him for 1.5 years out of spite) followed by a great move (using him while he was the best back in the league in 2005) followed by a horrible move (the 2006 season's usage and subsequent contract extension).

SNR
09-24-2010, 07:24 PM
Nate Hobgood-Chittick

NEVAR FORGET :cuss:

'Hamas' Jenkins
09-24-2010, 07:24 PM
I also can't believe the crappy LB duo of Glenn Cadrez and Mike Maslowski aren't listed.

Maslowski holds our single season record for tackles. I remember people blaming the decline of the '03 defense on his knee injury.

It was bullfuck, of course...

DeezNutz
09-24-2010, 07:25 PM
Not trading him was so much worse, however, than the actual contract itself, though that could have been implicit in your comment.

1st and 3rd from GB? ****.

Chiefs Rool
09-24-2010, 07:26 PM
I really disliked all the 49er castoffs, guys like Ted Popson, Oh and Victor Bailey, stupendous move that was.

I kinda liked Ted Popson, I'll never forget the time I saw him jump up into the air sideways and block 2 guys at once for someone to get in for a TD.

Chiefs Rool
09-24-2010, 07:27 PM
Not trading him was so much worse, however, than the actual contract itself, though that could have been implicit in your comment.

Carl

the Talking Can
For me, it honestly might be Cassel. In one glorious swoop, all of the optimism in the new regime was mitigated by a full-Carl move.

Could be a good dude. Don't know and don't care. But I hate everything his acquisition represents.

Oh, and Dick Vermeil. For as much hate as Herm gets on this board, Grandpa was exponentially worse.

Cassel isn't worth hating that much

he was a joke who signed a contract given to him by a moron...ultimately, Pioli bears 100% of the blame for Cassel AND the damage he has done to our 'rebuild'...

and none of if holds a candle to the last 10 years or so of Carl's soul destroying reign

SNR

1st and 3rd from GB? ****.That was an actual offer? And we gladly poop away Jared Allen for that price?

God, my head hurts

milkman
09-24-2010, 07:28 PM
Maslowski holds our single season record for tackles. I remember people blaming the decline of the '03 defense on his knee injury.

It was bull****, of course...

Maslowski was servicable, which is more than can be said about almost every other LB that has been trotted out there since.

Just another reason to hate Carl.

Mecca
09-24-2010, 07:28 PM
We could discuss the complete and total shit that has lined up at WR for this team for 20+ years now.

KCBOSS1
09-24-2010, 07:29 PM
I voted wrong....Voted Matt Cassel because he is the current bad decision. But I remember how angry was when Gannon got jerked in the playoffs after taking us into the playoffs.

DeezNutz
09-24-2010, 07:30 PM
Cassel isn't worth hating that much

he was a joke who signed a contract given to him by a moron...ultimately, Pioli bears 100% of the blame for Cassel AND the damage he has done to our 'rebuild'...

and none of if holds a candle to the last 10 years or so of Carl's soul destroying reign

It's just what he represents. Perhaps misdirected Pioli hate.

Anyway, it's almost a de facto Carl vote anyway, since my anger was because is was a pro-Carl move. In short, some of my logic was convoluted at best.

milkman
09-24-2010, 07:30 PM
That was an actual offer? And we gladly poop away Jared Allen for that price?

God, my head hurts

Unlike most here, I'm glad that sorry ass moron, Allen, is gone.

I can't, for personal reasons, get past his DUI's.

Maybe he has cleaned his act up, but the fact is, he was a lowlife drunk driver.

DeezNutz
09-24-2010, 07:31 PM
Unlike most here, I'm glad that sorry ass moron, Allen, is gone.

I can't, for personal reasons, get past his DUI's.

Maybe he has cleaned his act up, but the fact is, he was a lowlife drunk driver.

I had zero confidence that he'd stay off the sauce.

KCtotheSB
09-24-2010, 07:33 PM
That kicker

This kicker.

milkman
09-24-2010, 07:35 PM
I had zero confidence that he'd stay off the sauce.

Neither did I.

the Talking Can
09-24-2010, 07:36 PM

wait, i guess i don't remember that

GB offered that for LJ?

for a rb we rode into the dirt?

ow

MGRS13
09-24-2010, 07:36 PM
Why the fuck isn't Carlton Gray on this list?

Bacon Cheeseburger
09-24-2010, 07:39 PM

GB offered that for LJ?

ow
That was an unconfirmed rumor.

cabletech94
geronimo.

but seriously, that kicker.

the Talking Can
i've gotten over the allen trade watching the vikings

in spite of him, they still had to basically go the 'montana' route to sniff a superbowl....and it is already falling apart

it just confirms for me how far and away the QB is in terms of importance

i would trade what the vikings did for a QB, but not for anyone else

Bacon Cheeseburger
09-24-2010, 07:40 PM
But yeah, the kicker.

Buehler445
09-24-2010, 07:41 PM
The kicker.
Posted via Mobile Device

Mojo Jojo
09-24-2010, 07:49 PM
Do even know anything about Chiefs history?
Here are some names for the poll...
Jack Steadman
Jim Schaaf
Brian Jozwiak
Todd Blackledge
Nick Lowery
...and list goes on....

R&GHomer
09-24-2010, 07:49 PM
Hands down that fuck stain kicker that shall remain unnamed. :cuss: hate that prick to this day. Carl could be a consideration but he had an upside to his time here.

Mecca
09-24-2010, 07:50 PM
You cant hate Nick Lowery just because of his stache.

dedicatedfan
09-24-2010, 07:51 PM
I got to go with Carl on this one. Bad decisions can usually be traced to the top. We had 20 years of bad decisions and no one did anything about it except make more bad decisions. Carl was the most frustrating GM ever.

boogblaster
09-24-2010, 07:53 PM
carl by far .. he keep us down way too long ....

CHENZ A!
09-24-2010, 07:55 PM
Carl did a lot of good things here, but he overstayed his welcome. Dale Carter and Neil Smith were great Chiefs who played their best football in Red and gold. Also don't really know why Rison is on the list, he had a couple good years for us. Those guys shouldn't even be considered IMO.

Obvious answer is the kicker, and LJ gets strong consideration as well. But for me the player that caused me the most anguish over the longest period of time was definitely ERIC HICKS.

Fucking hated that guy. He cashed in on a huge contract because he got a lot of sacks over a 12 game period. He always fell for the Denver bootleg, and he was non-existent in the pass rush. And he played for us for what seemed like a long time!

Fuck Eric Hicks. That is my vote.

Mr. Laz
09-24-2010, 08:02 PM
Poll fail ... no :Lin:

KcMizzou
09-24-2010, 08:09 PM
The kicker.

ILChief
09-24-2010, 08:15 PM
I can't believe no one has mentioned William F'n Bartee! It defies all laws of probability that a cornerback could be targeted by opposing QBs as much as Bartee and not even have one career interception. I guess it's because he NEVER TURNED HIS FREAKING HEAD!

Mojo Jojo
09-24-2010, 08:15 PM
You cant hate Nick Lowery just because of his stache.
The guy never made a kick that meant something....
1989...Chiefs miss playoffs because Nick misses 3 Field Goals in Cleveland (2 in OT)
1990...Nick misses game winning FG in Miami playoff game.
1993...Nick misses game wining FG at the end of the game vs. Steelers sending it OT.
He lead the revolt against John Mackovick, the first coach to take the Chiefs to the playoffs since the Christmas Day game vs. the Dolphins in 1971, so Frank Granz could become the Head Coach
Also, the guy is a prick.

DeezNutz
09-24-2010, 08:17 PM

GB offered that for LJ?

ow

That was the word on the street. Instead, in our infinite wisdom, we thought it would be better to back up the Brinks truck.

FML.

KC Tattoo
09-24-2010, 08:19 PM
Above all CArl fuckface Peterson

Here is a few reasons why I hate him

Ty your shoe laces Law

that LJ prick

Macantosh

Kyle Turkey

Letting Neil Smith go, Fuck you Neil you traitor

Harvey Williams

Elvi Grrbiatch fuck you

That kicker

Not drafting a legit QBotf for 20 fucking years.

Being a douchbag

Too long of a list of reject, rehash QBs that failed for the KC Chiefs playoff & Super Bowl dreams.

Bartee

:cuss: Carl I think the list can go on and on...

MadMax
09-24-2010, 08:27 PM
Linn fuckin Elliot!!!! Most hated period!!! :(

alanm
09-24-2010, 08:27 PM
this

is

the

only

answer

decades without a QB...Carl

decade+ without a playoff win...Carl

Gunther....Carl

Bringing Gunther back...Carl

Herm....Carl

True Fans....Carl

Win now, 8-8...Carl

**** Carl Peterson's face off with a helicopter blade

edit**

Carl also brought us the draft picks and coaches responsible for several of the worst, most embarrassing defenses in nfl historyThread over.

digger
09-24-2010, 08:40 PM
Laces out!!!

The Kicker who shall remain nameless.

cdcox
09-24-2010, 08:42 PM
I was madder at Bono than I was at Elliot after that game:

11-25-122-1-3.

QB is a much more important position and the performance is just as bad. Just terrible.

KcMizzou
09-24-2010, 08:44 PM
You cant hate Nick Lowery just because of his stache.And if you do, he and his porn 'stache will slap the shit out of you.

BigRedChief
09-24-2010, 08:45 PM
I don't consider Carl a Chief.THIS!

Spott
09-24-2010, 08:54 PM
Jon Baker.

You could look at this a couple of ways. If Stoyanovich doesn't miss that very makeable FG at the end of regulation, then Jon Baker doesn't ever have to kick off in OT. Or if Nedney misses the kicks in OT of both the 1999 and 2006 season finales, then both DT and Darrent Williams are still alive.

Tuckdaddy
09-24-2010, 08:55 PM
Donnel Bennet. The worst RB is history.

Al Bundy
09-24-2010, 08:58 PM
Steve Bono.... he was the REAL reason in 1995..

Demonpenz
09-24-2010, 09:07 PM
Sammie Parker I had a huge dislike for his celebrations

Mojo Jojo
09-24-2010, 09:09 PM
Donnel Bennet. The worst RB is history.
You may want to learn how to spell his name....Donnell Bennett, and use "in" not "is".

Mojo Jojo
09-24-2010, 09:25 PM
Is there anyone here who has been a Chiefs fan prior to the Carl/Marty era? Look at the facts...between 1972 and Carl/Marty the NFL wanted Lamar to move the team because of lack of support...Carl/Marty may not have won it all...they saved the team in KC. If Derrick Thomas could tackle Thurman Thomas the Chiefs may make the Super Bowl. I know Carl didn't make the best decisions at times, but he brought in Marty, created the Arrowhead experience, brought back fans, sold tickets, and had winning teams. Let's face it the Chiefs fired Marv Levy...he took the Bills to four Super Bowls. Blame goes farther back than 1989.

QuikSsurfer
09-24-2010, 11:07 PM
William Bartee doesn't get a place?
Been a chiefs fan since I was 10, 27 now, and I don't think I've hated a single player as much as him.. It's like Bill Romanowski hate.

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-24-2010, 11:48 PM
Is there anyone here who has been a Chiefs fan prior to the Carl/Marty era? Look at the facts...between 1972 and Carl/Marty the NFL wanted Lamar to move the team because of lack of support...Carl/Marty may not have won it all...they saved the team in KC. If Derrick Thomas could tackle Thurman Thomas the Chiefs may make the Super Bowl. I know Carl didn't make the best decisions at times, but he brought in Marty, created the Arrowhead experience, brought back fans, sold tickets, and had winning teams. Let's face it the Chiefs fired Marv Levy...he took the Bills to four Super Bowls. Blame goes farther back than 1989.

I agree. However, if this thread were titled, "Who are your most anguish-inducing Chiefs of all time"(?), Carl would be Numero-Uno at the top for bringing us such Classic Hits as:

"I Let Neil Smith Walk"

"Grbac Is My Man"

"Our Stud DE Had 'Character Issues', So I Blew The Wad On Diapers Instead"

And many, many more...

:shake:

Guru
09-24-2010, 11:57 PM
1989...Chiefs miss playoffs because Nick misses 3 Field Goals in Cleveland (2 in OT)
1993...Nick misses game wining FG at the end of the game vs. Steelers sending it OT.
He lead the revolt against John Mackovick, the first coach to take the Chiefs to the playoffs since the Christmas Day game vs. the Dolphins in 1971, so Frank Granz could become the Head Coach
Also, the guy is a prick.I blame the Miami game on the player that got called for holding and putting it on the fringe of Nick's range.

Valiant
09-25-2010, 12:40 AM
Sorry Marty for going stupid in the playoffs and many other decisions.. He may of got us regular season excellence, but fucked us in the playoffs..

chiefs1111
09-25-2010, 01:05 AM
Carl Peterson and it's not even close

Mojo Jojo
09-25-2010, 01:16 AM
I blame the Miami game on the player that got called for holding and putting it on the fringe of Nick's range.

His name is Dave Szott...
It was a kick Nick would make against a 6-10 team.

crazycoffey
09-25-2010, 01:35 AM
hmmmm, tough question;

it can't be Lin Elliot.... despite the big disappointment he was clutch, as was Marty and even Carl, sorry but it's true.

I hate LJ for getting good and making us feel like he could be the next Jim Brown, only to fade off in the background and now possibly out of the league....

I also hate Sylvester the Cat morris for making us think we had drafted a good receiver and got NOTHING in return for our hopes, I hate him even more than I hate LJ, Elliot, Marty or Carl.

Thig Lyfe
09-25-2010, 02:18 AM
Tony Richardson

KCrockaholic
09-25-2010, 02:31 AM
Why is Neil Smith on there? Because he went to Denver? I can't hate him for that. He still lives in KC and I think he wishes he could have had that ring with the Chiefs rather than the Broncos.

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-25-2010, 02:46 AM
Why is Neil Smith on there? Because he went to Denver? I can't hate him for that. He still lives in KC and I think he wishes he could have had that ring with the Chiefs rather than the Broncos.

Certain elements of the fan base really brought classless to a new low when he left for Denver.

It was a dark and ugly time.

Guru
09-25-2010, 04:03 AM
His name is Dave Szott...
It was a kick Nick would make against a 6-10 team.It was over 50 yards. He wasn't exactly money from that range.

Buck
09-25-2010, 04:06 AM
Mike Cloud/Priest Holmes

Al Bundy
09-25-2010, 07:19 AM
Also, the guy is a prick.

I have always heard from long time Chiefs fans that Nick Lowry is one of THE biggest douchebags, c'mon dude you weren't even a real football player, you were a kicker.

Bwana
09-25-2010, 07:22 AM
That kicker

This

Red Brooklyn
09-25-2010, 08:05 AM
By far, the Kicker who shall remain nameless.

+ 1

Rain Man
09-25-2010, 08:31 AM
Paul Hackett. No one else is even close.

ChiefEd
09-25-2010, 08:36 AM
Lin Elliott. Hands down...

Chiefnj2
09-25-2010, 08:50 AM
Grbac because he lacked heart.

Baby Lee
09-25-2010, 08:54 AM

DT was on the way to KCI airport because he was flying out to attend the NFC champ game.

So just because we didn't make the playoffs doesn't mean anything. We could have lost the first/second round for that matter and DT would still have been able to attend the NFC champ game.

Plus he hadn't accepted Jesus as his Lord and Saviour [/Isaac Bruce]

Lonewolf Ed
09-25-2010, 08:55 AM
The fact that you forgot about that kicker is a good thing. It shows that healing is possible. I applaud your progress. Now, get out there and LIVE! :clap:

mnchiefsguy
09-25-2010, 08:55 AM
I went with the worst kicker in the history of the franchise, did not see him on the list....He who must not be named...

KC Tattoo
09-25-2010, 08:56 AM
Paul Hackett. No one else is even close.

Greg Robinson

Baby Lee
09-25-2010, 08:57 AM
I can't believe no one has mentioned William F'n Bartee! It defies all laws of probability that a cornerback could be targeted by opposing QBs as much as Bartee and not even have one career interception. I guess it's because he NEVER TURNED HIS FREAKING HEAD!

If Willy B had licensed his head stability tech, Dale Ernhardt might be with us today.

KC Tattoo
09-25-2010, 09:02 AM
Ryan Simms

Jr. Siavviiiiiiiiii

Baby Lee
09-25-2010, 09:07 AM
I blame the Miami game on the ref that called holding and putting it on the fringe of Nick's range.
FYP

LaChapelle
09-25-2010, 09:09 AM
Chief shit runs down leg
I II III and IV

KC Tattoo
09-25-2010, 09:15 AM
I would have loved Percey Snow if he didn't freaking wreck his bike & break his leg. Stupid Futher Mucker

Dayze
09-25-2010, 09:41 AM
Greg Robinson. Chiefs had the offense trouble win it all. If we only had a smudge of a defe

teedubya
09-25-2010, 09:58 AM
If Carl had paid Nick Lowery, there would NEVER be a Kicker that should be unnamed. So... Carl is my least favorite douchebag of all time.

KCbroncoHATER
09-25-2010, 10:04 AM
After looking at the results I can only say that there is a huge flock of sheep that post on this board.

LJ is more hated than Neil Smith?

Smith runs to the donks then rubs it in our grills at Arrowhead with his bat swing after the sack routine?

Then has the gall to come back to KC and push for his name to be on the ring of fame.

He is clearly the most hated by real Chiefs fans who have been to more than 2 games.

Mojo Jojo
09-25-2010, 10:09 AM
If Carl had paid Nick Lowery, there would NEVER be a Kicker that should be unnamed. So... Carl is my least favorite douchebag of all time.

It was Marty not Carl that wanted to get Nick out of town. Know your history before you post.

Extra Point
09-25-2010, 10:11 AM
Mike Matuzsak. Waste of a KC draft, went to OAK, won a SB with them.

teedubya
09-25-2010, 10:12 AM
It was Marty not Carl that wanted to get Nick out of town. Know your history before you post.

Everything gets blamed on Carl. Know your Chiefsplanet. If only Carl hadn't drafted Todd Blackledge...

the Talking Can
09-25-2010, 10:23 AM
After looking at the results I can only say that there is a huge flock of sheep that post on this board.

LJ is more hated than Neil Smith?

Smith runs to the donks then rubs it in our grills at Arrowhead with his bat swing after the sack routine?

Then has the gall to come back to KC and push for his name to be on the ring of fame.

He is clearly the most hated by real Chiefs fans who have been to more than 2 games.

man, you are the worst

just the dumbest, worst

just really the worst

Extra Point
09-25-2010, 10:25 AM
Everything gets blamed on Carl. Know your Chiefsplanet. If only Carl hadn't drafted Todd Blackledge...

LOL! You know damn straight that Steadman and Schaaf drafted Blackledge in 83, and that the Dammit-Carl-5-Year-Plan started in 89.

the Talking Can
09-25-2010, 10:36 AM

Rausch
09-25-2010, 10:38 AM
It's one thing to suck (like he who will not be named.)

It's one thing to let us down like Girlbac, Bono, etc.

It's completely a ****ing whole new game when you're a fanbase favorite, sign with a division rival, and after taking out a whole page add about how you love and miss KC your first game vs. your old team you say....

"Nice to finally play for the good guys."

Die of ****ing ASS CANCER Neil Smith...

WilliamTheIrish
09-25-2010, 10:52 AM
So many to dislike.

Lowry for certain. That guy gets credit for being a 5 o'clock kicker. Great until you needed him to be clutch in late season or playoff. Ringleader to remove Mackovic. F him.

Grunhard. Wearing that Falcons cap on the sideline in the season finale in Atlanta before Gunther got fired. An over-rated never was. And then crowing about it onthe radio. And then questioning other players loyalty on his radio show years later. F him.

I could go with many others. Jan for missing the first chance FG on Christmas day in 71 and getting the next blocked. But I love Jan. He was a champion. So I'll give him a pass.

KCbroncoHATER
09-25-2010, 10:55 AM
Neil Smith blows.

To this day I still have no idea how his name could be up there with DT's.

He got golf claps and booooooo's from the fans at Arrowhead at his induction.

KCbroncoHATER
09-25-2010, 10:58 AM
He is far and away the most hated by the season ticket holders from the 90's.

WilliamTheIrish
09-25-2010, 11:03 AM
Mike Matuzsak. Waste of a KC draft, went to OAK, won a SB with them.

John Matuszak.

He was drafted by the Oilers originally. And he played for the Houston Texans of the defunct WFL. We got him after he was barred by a judge for playing for both teams. He pissed off a lot of NFC/AFC execs.
The Raiders took him and he was part of a championship squad. Twice.

KCbroncoHATER
09-25-2010, 11:11 AM
http://photos.smugmug.com/photos/738991107_LUabg-S.jpg

KCbroncoHATER
09-25-2010, 11:12 AM
http://photos.smugmug.com/photos/738991135_itS3B-S.jpg

Jmart
09-25-2010, 11:13 AM
I know this is blasphemy, but mine is Joe Montana. He was supposed to be the one that put us over the top and brought us to the Super Bowl, but I think he pretty much choked in Buffalo in the AFC Championship Game. Also, hated that tons of bandwagon jumpers came on board once he signed with us.

Jmart
09-25-2010, 11:14 AM
I pretty much have hated every Chiefs QB except for Deberg.

KCbroncoHATER
09-25-2010, 11:18 AM
Joe got KO'ed by a cheap shot, he went into never never land.

B_Ambuehl
09-25-2010, 11:38 AM
Don't know if it's already been mentioned or not but:

Matt Cassell

Worst QB in franchise history. Highest and most overpaid player in franchise history.

Brock
09-25-2010, 11:44 AM
I know this is blasphemy, but mine is Joe Montana. He was supposed to be the one that put us over the top and brought us to the Super Bowl, but I think he pretty much choked in Buffalo in the AFC Championship Game. Also, hated that tons of bandwagon jumpers came on board once he signed with us.

This isn't blasphemy, it's idiocy. Joe Montana was the last Chiefs QB to win a playoff game. Think about that.

Chiefs Pantalones
09-25-2010, 11:53 AM
Player would be Bono, exec would be Carl.

Carl sucked up the paychecks way too long when he could've went with Marty and rode off into the sunset. He could've checked his ego at the door and admitted that it was time for someone else to give it a try, for that I blame Lamar too.

Bono because I believe in 95 we were good enough to win the Super Bowl with the team we had at every position but QB, the most important position.

SLAG
09-25-2010, 12:10 PM
Huard

I f'n Hate huard

BigRedChief
09-25-2010, 12:13 PM
Carl is responisble for every piece of shit that was added to the roster, including -----, who had been cut by Jimmy Johnson because he was a choker.

----- was just a symptom of the disease, as I said in my previous post.it doesn't matter how many times you call us idiots for hating the kicker that cost us a playoff game at home and our last best shot at a SB, We have a right to our opinion and no matter your own opinion its not some way out there opinion that you have to be calling your fellow chief fans names.

BigRedChief
09-25-2010, 12:19 PM
I know this is blasphemy, but mine is Joe Montana. He was supposed to be the one that put us over the top and brought us to the Super Bowl, but I think he pretty much choked in Buffalo in the AFC Championship Game.:cuss:

He suffered a concussion and couldn't even repeat basic sentences back to the doctors. When did he differ the concussion? Last minutue of the 4th quarter? Early? Check your facts pal.

No one will ever be able to convince me that if Montana doesn't get knocked out with a concussion, we win the SB that year.

Chiefs Rool
09-25-2010, 12:34 PM
damn so I left out that kicker AND Todd Blackledge

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ________
. . . . . .. . . . . . . . . . . ,.-‘”. . . . . . . . . .``~.,
. . . . . . . .. . . . . .,.-”. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .“-.,
. . . . .. . . . . . ..,/. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ”:,
. . . . . . . .. .,?. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .\,
. . . . . . . . . /. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ,}
. . . . . . . . ./. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ,:`^`.}
. . . . . . . ./. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ,:”. . . ./
. . . . . . .?. . . __. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . :`. . . ./
. . . . . . . /__.(. . .“~-,_. . . . . . . . . . . . . . ,:`. . . .. ./
. . . . . . /(_. . ”~,_. . . ..“~,_. . . . . . . . . .,:`. . . . _/
. . . .. .{.._$;_. . .”=,_. . . .“-,_. . . ,.-~-,}, .~”; /. .. .}
. . .. . .((. . .*~_. . . .”=-._. . .“;,,./`. . /” . . . ./. .. ../
. . . .. . .\`~,. . ..“~.,. . . . . . . . . ..`. . .}. . . . . . ../
. . . . . .(. ..`=-,,. . . .`. . . . . . . . . . . ..(. . . ;_,,-”
. . . . . ../.`~,. . ..`-.. . . . . . . . . . . . . . ..\. . /\
. . . . . . \`~.*-,. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ..|,./.....\,__
,,_. . . . . }.>-._\. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .|. . . . . . ..`=~-,
. .. `=~-,_\_. . . `\,. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .\
. . . . . . . . . .`=~-,,.\,. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .\
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . `:,, . . . . . . . . . . . . . `\. . . . . . ..__
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .`=-,. . . . . . . . . .,%`>--==``
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . _\. . . . . ._,-%. . . ..`\

VAChief
09-25-2010, 01:50 PM
I froze my arse off watching "he who shall not be named" completely soil himself on kicks high school kids can make at least 2 out of 3 times. What a choker...he will forever be the worst, no one else can come close.

Dave Lane
09-25-2010, 02:17 PM
Kicker end of story

Dave Lane
09-25-2010, 02:22 PM
You can tell who all the teenagers and noobs are. Everyone that voted for Matt Cassel or Larry Johnson

Dave Lane
09-25-2010, 02:26 PM
And Bam Morris but now Im nitpicking.

damn so I left out that kicker AND Todd Blackledge

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ________
. . . . . .. . . . . . . . . . . ,.-. . . . . . . . . .``~.,
. . . . . . . .. . . . . .,.-. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .-.,
. . . . .. . . . . . ..,/. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . :,
. . . . . . . .. .,?. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .\,
. . . . . . . . . /. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ,}
. . . . . . . . ./. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ,:`^`.}
. . . . . . . ./. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ,:. . . ./
. . . . . . .?. . . __. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . :`. . . ./
. . . . . . . /__.(. . .~-,_. . . . . . . . . . . . . . ,:`. . . .. ./
. . . . . . /(_. . ~,_. . . ..~,_. . . . . . . . . .,:`. . . . _/
. . . .. .{.._$;_. . .=,_. . . .-,_. . . ,.-~-,}, .~; /. .. .}
. . .. . .((. . .*~_. . . .=-._. . .;,,./`. . / . . . ./. .. ../
. . . .. . .\`~,. . ..~.,. . . . . . . . . ..`. . .}. . . . . . ../
. . . . . .(. ..`=-,,. . . .`. . . . . . . . . . . ..(. . . ;_,,-
. . . . . ../.`~,. . ..`-.. . . . . . . . . . . . . . ..\. . /\
. . . . . . \`~.*-,. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ..|,./.....\,__
,,_. . . . . }.>-._\. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .|. . . . . . ..`=~-,
. .. `=~-,_\_. . . `\,. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .\
. . . . . . . . . .`=~-,,.\,. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .\
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . `:,, . . . . . . . . . . . . . `\. . . . . . ..__
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .`=-,. . . . . . . . . .,%`>--==``
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . _\. . . . . ._,-%. . . ..`\

Pioli Zombie
09-25-2010, 02:42 PM
I know this is about most hated and not the favorite, but the earlier mention of DT got me thinking. I've been in KC for 4 years and I hardly ever hear anyone mention the late Joe Delaney. That was incredible story. If anyone deserves to be honored its that guy. He may have only played one year but the sacrifice he made to help someone else made him unforgettable to a football fan in Massachusetts many years ago.

Marcellus
09-25-2010, 03:29 PM
Jon Baker.

I'm not going this far but I will say I hate him too. I doubt anybody has done more damage to a team playing in only 1 game as a Chief.

The Elder
09-25-2010, 03:42 PM
This poll really sucks. I can believe some of those names.

Heres your top three

1: The kicker who shall not be nanmed
2: Harvey Williams
3: Todd Blackledge

Special nomination of LJ

gblowfish
09-25-2010, 03:47 PM
Why talk about this on the eve of a big game to try and go 3-0?
Let's have some positive vibes, and worry about this kind of negative crap during the off season.

Reerun_KC
09-25-2010, 04:46 PM
Marty, Carl, Eddie Kennison, The Kicker, Herm Edwards and anyone who ever liked or defended Herm Edwards at one time, Bryan Waters, Dick Curl.....

Jesus this could be a long list.....

milkman
09-25-2010, 08:53 PM
it doesn't matter how many times you call us idiots for hating the kicker that cost us a playoff game at home and our last best shot at a SB, We have a right to our opinion and no matter your own opinion its not some way out there opinion that you have to be calling your fellow chief fans names.

Yes, you do have a right to your opinion.

And I have the right to my opinion that you are all ****ing idiots.

Bob Dole
09-25-2010, 09:22 PM
What kind of fucked off n00b poll leaves out Lin Elliot?

BANNED!
Posted via Mobile Device

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-25-2010, 09:26 PM
I love Herm, and have built a "Shrine Of Remembrance" in my man-cave to honor him for All Time, yes.

:evil:

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-25-2010, 09:31 PM
Ted Popson showed Tony G the ropes. I liked him. He was a nice lunchpail player.

Teddy Pop was the ORIGINAL Jared Hick. He drove an old beat-up, used ass Chevy Impala, had teh Mullet, and probably dug his Lynard Skynard.

He didn't have the Allen Swagger, but they were cut from the same cloth for sure.

Chiefs Rool
09-25-2010, 09:50 PM
What kind of ****ed off n00b poll leaves out the kicker that shall go unnamed?

BANNED!
Posted via Mobile Device

I know, I know!

Mojo Jojo
09-25-2010, 09:57 PM
Joe got his clock cleaned...if you blame that game on someone it is Derrick Thomas...the Bills just abused him, and he was benched in the second half.

Mojo Jojo
09-25-2010, 10:04 PM
Marty, Carl, Eddie Kennison, The Kicker, Herm Edwards and anyone who ever liked or defended Herm Edwards at one time, Bryan Waters, Dick Curl.....

Jesus this could be a long list.....

Who is "Bryan Waters"?...Maybe you meant Brian Waters a Chiefs OL. Get a clue if you call yourself a fan and want to post...get the facts correct.

milkman
09-25-2010, 10:55 PM
Who is "Bryan Waters"?...Maybe you meant Brian Waters a Chiefs OL. Get a clue if you call yourself a fan and want to post...get the facts correct.

And people think I'm a prick.

KCinNY
09-25-2010, 11:24 PM
Fuck "Bronco" Neil Smith.

Go kiss Bowlen's ass and deepthroat your way into their Ring of Fame.

rtmike
09-25-2010, 11:25 PM
Jon Baker.

As I was reading all the posts naming that "other" kicker, Baker was the one that kept coming to mind. I swore after that game that Greasy Al paid him off. I thought he was signed right before that game.

Other than those kickers it'd have to be "mighty mouse". I got sick & tired of opposing QB's going after him & winning. The one time they'd overthrow or the WR would drop the ball MM would get all excited like he just stopped a game winning Super Bowl toss.
Man, I hated him.

JoeyChuckles
09-26-2010, 12:03 AM
I voted for Dale Carter because I remember my father cursing his name during Chiefs game when I was young.

clyde05
09-26-2010, 02:04 AM
the kicker who thought you kicked outside of the goal posts not inside and 2nd would be that rb that was better at running over people off the field then on

easymobee
09-26-2010, 03:41 AM
This is the difference between the Broncos and Chiefs.

Denver also lost an AFC Championship game by 3 points (to the Buffalo Bills).

Denver's girly kicker missed 2 chip shots in that game, his name is David Treadwell.

Yet, Bronco fans don't treat him like the "CandyMan" and refuse to say his name.

He even did a crappy job as a sportscaster on a local affiliate for a few years.

I did get drunk and heckle him from the 2nd row vs the Redskins about the Buffalo game once, but I used his name. And it was done unknowingly in the "family section" ( cold game vs the redskins ) as I had moved down.

Every team has a *** ******, just ask the Vikings.

That was supposed to be 15-1 vs 14-2 (started 13-0) instead it was chris chandler and oj santiago.

Smed1065
09-26-2010, 04:02 AM
Fucking idiots.

L Elliot

Linn Eliot

Bunch of fucking idiots.

Marty lost that game.

Elliot was just a symptom of teh disease.

Now we know why we hate MM. Because a FG kicker is suppose to miss 3 of 3.....

I might be dumb but I am not stupid. All they do is kick.

Go ahead and refute from here on out. You might be a line guru but this shows stupidity that you claim to hate because you do not agree with.

Oh, the irony. Not my favorite, not my specialty so I will blame everyone else to deflect.

ROFL

The bunches of idiot is you and not expecting a NFL kicker to make 1-3 FG's in the NFL. Oh no it was not his fault? ROFLMAO. Was the others I disliked.

Then you will mention they are professionals.

:doh!:

J Diddy
09-26-2010, 05:37 AM
Yes, you do have a right to your opinion.

And I have the right to my opinion that you are all ****ing idiots.

Sour milk?

movinbones
09-26-2010, 06:19 AM
That "kicker"

jjjayb
09-26-2010, 06:58 AM
Herm Edwards

GloryDayz
09-26-2010, 08:03 AM
Perhaps if we're going to consider non-players in the list, that we direct our hate towards the only constant from the beginning of time. The Hunts. I know, I know, that's thought to be a low blow, but I don't care. That family has not only failed to produce a playoff win in FOREVER, THEY'VE done it in a league with the loudest stadium and a salary cap. Don't get me wrong, Glass is an AHOLE across the lot, but at least he can TRY to hide behind the cap excuse... I'd say if the Hunt family cared/had cared about football as much as they did cornering the silver market (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nelson_Bunker_Hunt) then we'd have been better off. But he11 no, all they cared about was making money.

So I vote for the Hunt family, they are the worst and have been the only constant in this team's futility..

KCbroncoHATER
09-26-2010, 09:38 AM
I wouldn't say that I hate them but you did hit the nail on the head.

In the 70's and 80's Lamar Hunt refused to spend his money on the team. He was more than happy to turn his attention to other things. There was no salary cap back then, if he wanted he could have gotten the best players and won championships. He didn't. Instead he moved to professional soccer and tennis.

In the 90's, as much as you hate it, King Carl got him to open up the check book and spend some money on the team.

Now we are back to the 70's and 80's again. Ten of millions dollars below the salary cap every year will NEVER get you to the Super Bowl.

Marcellus
09-26-2010, 09:51 AM
Perhaps if we're going to consider non-players in the list, that we direct our hate towards the only constant from the beginning of time. The Hunts. I know, I know, that's thought to be a low blow, but I don't care. That family has not only failed to produce a playoff win in FOREVER, THEY'VE done it in a league with the loudest stadium and a salary cap. Don't get me wrong, Glass is an AHOLE across the lot, but at least he can TRY to hide behind the cap excuse... I'd say if the Hunt family cared/had cared about football as much as they did cornering the silver market (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nelson_Bunker_Hunt) then we'd have been better off. But he11 no, all they cared about was making money.

So I vote for the Hunt family, they are the worst and have been the only constant in this team's futility..

1 major flaw in this is without Lamar you have no Chiefs to love and the NFL would be very different.

GloryDayz
09-26-2010, 10:01 AM
1 major flaw in this is without Lamar you have no Chiefs to love and the NFL would be very different.

Point taken, however, just because Lamar is credited with bringing the Chiefs to KC, who's to say that another team might not have come in their place? Revisionist history is tough, but it doesn't change the fact that Lamar's first love wasn't winning NFL championships, so it had to be something else. At this level, it has to be the top priority (outside of family and country). I'll submit that if another team would have been lucky enough to have found KC their home, the "80,000 Screaming Farmers" KC provides might have brought a more focused owner more than the one ring we have. Same goes for the Royals - Professional teams love to play this city, and I'll leave it at that.

GloryDayz
09-26-2010, 10:03 AM
I wouldn't say that I hate them but you did hit the nail on the head.

In the 70's and 80's Lamar Hunt refused to spend his money on the team. He was more than happy to turn his attention to other things. There was no salary cap back then, if he wanted he could have gotten the best players and won championships. He didn't. Instead he moved to professional soccer and tennis.

In the 90's, as much as you hate it, King Carl got him to open up the check book and spend some money on the team.

Now we are back to the 70's and 80's again. Ten of millions dollars below the salary cap every year will NEVER get you to the Super Bowl.

CP was a perfect reflection of LH. Don't worry about the wins, just fill the seats at home. If a SB win happens, hey, they'd have taken it, but the money came first. How else can our not spending to the cap for those years be explained? Unless the person hearing the excuse is a fool, there's no way to explain it...

milkman
09-26-2010, 10:11 AM
CP was a perfect reflection of LH. Don't worry about the wins, just fill the seats at home. If a SB win happens, hey, they'd have taken it, but the money came first. How else can our not spending to the cap for those years be explained? Unless the person hearing the excuse is a fool, there's no way to explain it...

First, KCBH is a ****ing moron.

He says Hunt wouldn't spend the money on free agents in the 80's in an era when the only free agents were players that were simply tossed to the scrap heap by teams that no longer wanted them, primarily because they were garbage.

In those days, as long as a team wanted a player they essentially owned his rights for as long as they wanted that player.

In the 90's the Chiefs were constantly aganist the cap.

Lamar Hunt wasn't nearly as cheap as people like to portray.

Where Lamar Hunt failed, and the reason he should be hated, is because he let loyalty outweigh winning.

Chiefs Rool
09-26-2010, 10:29 AM
Lamar Hunt wasn't nearly as cheap as people like to portray.

Where Lamar Hunt failed, and the reason he should be hated, is because he let loyalty outweigh winning.

ya, I agree with that statement. Lamar Hunt had plenty of money and the Chiefs weren't his main business, he wasn't cheap at all and people are sometimes flat out wrong about him.

WilliamTheIrish
09-26-2010, 10:35 AM
Preach on, Milk.

Lamar failed only because he trusted in Steadman and Schaaf as the game of drafting became more of a science. The organization lost a lot of good scouts after Stram was fired.
We all knew Elliott was a disaster waiting to happen, and Carl stood pat. Unfortunately these threads take a little life outta me as I can no longer look back upon lost chances as a fan. I'm only going one way, and that's forward.

GloryDayz
09-26-2010, 10:52 AM
Preach on, Milk.

Lamar failed only because he trusted in Steadman and Schaaf as the game of drafting became more of a science. The organization lost a lot of good scouts after Stram was fired.
We all knew Elliott was a disaster waiting to happen, and Carl stood pat. Unfortunately these threads take a little life outta me as I can no longer look back upon lost chances as a fan. I'm only going one way, and that's forward.

None of us can change the past, but we ure can learn from it, and if there is something threads like this do, is help us to learn. So far we've learned that the owner has to have a passion for the game, just like the players (or just be lucky). We've learned that you have to be loyal, but not to the point that it hurts the team. We've learned that scouting is EVERYTHING in the current day and age. Hmmmm, I wonder why the locals have learned to hate, or at least start-off by being concerned with, every N.E. (football), and Atlanta (Baseball) "pick up"?

My point is that only one person/entity has the ability to provide sweeping changes when things are going wrong, and that's ownership. Our ownership has been lacking for WAY too many years. Nice people in many ways, but not "football" people. They're "money makers", and that's a long way away from being a football person.

HemiEd
09-26-2010, 11:01 AM
Dan Williams, no other comes close.

Munson
09-26-2010, 12:19 PM
I gotta go with Eric Warfield. He was the poorest excuse for a #1 cornerback that I've ever seen. He couldn't cover for shit, and was the worst tackling defender I've ever seen. He was the master of the failed arm tackle. Honorable mention: The Kicker Who Shall Not Be Named.

Thig Lyfe
09-26-2010, 12:23 PM
Matt Cassel

ChiefsFanatic
09-26-2010, 12:29 PM
I voted for Cassel, because I have erased that kicker from my memory

KCbroncoHATER
09-26-2010, 12:59 PM
He says Hunt wouldn't spend the money on free agents in the 80's in an era when the only free agents were players that were simply tossed to the scrap heap by teams that no longer wanted them, primarily because they were garbage.

That's not true, there was alot of players switching teams in the 70's and 80's. Go look at some of the chiefs rosters back then, you will see many players not drafted by them.

I also think it's evident that spending more money gave you a better team because you could affort to keep your better players longer. You could build around one guy like the donks did.

teedubya
09-26-2010, 02:47 PM
For me:

#1a Carl
#1b Kicker
#2 LJ
#3 Todd Blackledge

Otis99
09-27-2010, 10:50 AM
Jon Baker.

A long time ago I cane up with my very own, related theory about this - if Jon Baker kept those kickoffs in bounds, that means we'd have made the playoffs, Gunther Cunningham doesn't get fired, Dick Vermeil never gets hired, and who knows what would have happened in the 2000 season (especially with DT presumably on the roster)

When you think about it, the very fate of this franchise can be tied, in many ways, to Jon Baker. It's anyone's guess what would have happened if only that game had gone differently.

Chief Faithful
09-27-2010, 11:46 AM
That kicker who shall not be named.

LJ and Peterson are a distant 2nd and 3rd.

Dave Lane
09-27-2010, 11:48 AM
I'd also like to add Herm Edwards and Jack Steadman to the equation. Steadman almost killed this franchise.

In Herms defense he was so horrible and incompetent he took Carl with him so that may take him off my list.