PDA

View Full Version : Football Big day for Ryan Mallett

Pages : 1 [2]

keg in kc
09-25-2010, 05:01 PM
Yeah, he hurt his stock quite a bit today.

Alabama has as tough a college defense as you'll ever see, but the mistakes Mallett made were largely unforced.This was actually a drastic improvement over his Alabama game from last year (he was 12-35 for 120 yards). He could have raised his stock with a better second half, but I doubt he lost any ground today.

RealSNR
09-25-2010, 05:02 PM
I just want to restate this again. I said it about two weeks ago, but it bears repeating:

Every one of these prospects will have just enough warts for True Fans to want to pass on them, whether it be Gabbert, Mallett, Locker, and eventually, Luck.

It can and will happen.Guardian's going to get confused. He'll have to switch back and forth between "Sanchez sucks" and "Gabbert/Mallett/Locker/Luck sucks"

'Hamas' Jenkins
09-25-2010, 05:05 PM
This was actually a drastic improvement over his Alabama game from last year (he was 12-35 for 120 yards). He could have raised his stock with a better second half, but I doubt he lost any ground today.

Negatives: Often makes poor decisions and reads with the football. Showed tendency to make unforced errors, particularly in big games.

I cannot bet enough that will be on his scouting report.

Al Bundy
09-25-2010, 05:05 PM
This was actually a drastic improvement over his Alabama game from last year (he was 12-35 for 120 yards). He could have raised his stock with a better second half, but I doubt he lost any ground today.

If you're a competent personal guy in the NFL he just went off your 1st round draft board.

keg in kc
09-25-2010, 05:11 PM
Negatives: Often makes poor decisions and reads with the football. Showed tendency to make unforced errors, particularly in big games.

I cannot bet enough that will be on his scouting report.It was on his scouting report already. That was my point....

Pitt Gorilla
09-25-2010, 05:12 PM
Good moral victory for the hogs. They played like dog**** in the second half, though.

'Hamas' Jenkins
09-25-2010, 05:15 PM
It was on his scouting report already. That was my point....

The bigger problem is that whenever such things happen again and again, they overwhelm the positives.

CaliforniaChief
09-25-2010, 05:19 PM
Stafford had a much better head on his separated shoulders than Mallett. His footwork was better and he was far more accurate. His line was also horrendous compared to Mallett's.

The problem with Mallett is this is another in a long line of massive meltdowns against quality competition..

FYP

the Talking Can
09-25-2010, 05:27 PM
wow, mallet choked on a chili dog

too bad....they gave that shit away

'Hamas' Jenkins
09-25-2010, 05:29 PM
FYP

Uhh, what did you fix?

notorious
09-25-2010, 05:32 PM
wow, mallet choked on a chili dog

too bad....they gave that shit away

On a silver fucking platter.

Nice passes, Mallett. :facepalm:

the Talking Can
09-25-2010, 05:34 PM
I just want to restate this again. I said it about two weeks ago, but it bears repeating:

Every one of these prospects will have just enough warts for True Fans to want to pass on them, whether it be Gabbert, Mallett, Locker, and eventually, Luck.

It can and will happen.

i was coming back to post just this

you can already see it in the thread.....

mallet absolutely choked...but he still has to be on the radar, guy has 1% tools and time to learn....

Jim Jones
09-25-2010, 05:39 PM
They are giving Alabama far too much credit. Mallett gave them the game on a silver platter and doesn't look like he cares one single bit. He is the Ryan Leaf.

Ryan Mallett gets roasted for his mistakes more than any other QB in the nation. Jake Locker had the worst performance a QB can possibly have last week and Luck threw two picks against a shit Notre Dame team today, but Mallett has a bad game and everyone acts like he's the drooling retard son of Derek Anderson.

teedubya
09-25-2010, 05:41 PM
I was pulling for Arkansas... and that first drive by the Hogs looked unreal. Dominance.

It was a good game, regardless. Most entertainment that I've had watching a college football game since Jan 2008.

CaliforniaChief
09-25-2010, 05:42 PM
Uhh, what did you fix?

Added the word separated before shoulder in your description of Stafford.

Reaper16
09-25-2010, 05:50 PM
Alabama played like absolute dogshit. And yet they won. And yet Arkansas scores fewer points than I thought they would. Crazy.

McElroy sucked bad this game. But he usually plays a whole lot better.

BryanBusby
09-25-2010, 05:53 PM
It's clear why Alabama won. They made good adjustments at the half and it showed in the 2nd part. Arkansas did............something during the half?

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-26-2010, 02:41 AM
i was coming back to post just this

you can already see it in the thread.....

mallet absolutely choked...but he still has to be on the radar, guy has 1% tools and time to learn....

This.

Letting one game dictate the future possibilities is ridiculous, and that applies to Locker as well.
That said, I refuse to get attached to any of these fucks after the 2009-Letdown. I'm content to let the best man prove himself and win. No agenda or bias; I want the best prospect for our team. Period.