PDA

View Full Version : Life I can't stand it any more!

Rain Man
09-25-2010, 05:12 PM
I wanted some ice water and I went to the fridge and there's no ice, dammit, and I opened up the ice maker again and for the 1,000th time there's a piece of ice jammed in it that stopped it up and this happens every freaking week! Every week! It's a Frigidaire and the freaking ice maker hasn't worked right since I bought the thing. Every week! And then I have to get in there and break the ice out of it and wait a day for the ice to rebuild and meanwhile my water has no ice in it and I can't STAND water with no ice in it. Water is SUPPOSED to have ice in it, and I have none. Why can't a fellow get a glass of ice water in his own house? What is wrong with this world?

The Elder
09-25-2010, 05:17 PM
When you notice the last time you got ice the bin was a bit empty maybe you should check it

Bacon Cheeseburger
09-25-2010, 05:17 PM
Every ice maker I have ever had has been a worthless piece of shit.

keg in kc
09-25-2010, 05:18 PM
You live in colorado, just go chip some off the sidewalk in front of your igloo.

Rain Man
09-25-2010, 05:20 PM
I understand now why people go into refrigerator plants with guns, and why people occasionally shoot refrigerators.

FAX
09-25-2010, 05:25 PM
I used to have the same problem, Mr. Rain Man. So, I disconnected the refrigerator from the cold water pipe and hooked it up to the hot water pipe, instead. The hot water melts the ice blockage.

I have ice coming out my patoot, now. Of course, that's another issue entirely.

FAX

Fritz88
09-25-2010, 05:33 PM
Talk to it. Reason with it.
Posted via Mobile Device

bevischief
09-25-2010, 05:34 PM
Charles needs more carries...

The Pedestrian
09-25-2010, 05:36 PM
Do you have enough space for a small ice tray? I'd say have it as a special stash when waiting for the ice-maker to refill the bin.

teedubya
09-25-2010, 05:36 PM
I always drink room temperature water.

Fritz88
09-25-2010, 05:39 PM
I always drink room temperature water.

gay
Posted via Mobile Device

Rain Man
09-25-2010, 05:47 PM
Do you have enough space for a small ice tray? I'd say have it as a special stash when waiting for the ice-maker to refill the bin.

I do, but it's the principle of the thing. This isn't really about the ice, it's about the fact that I have an ice maker, and the ice maker doesn't work. If I put in an ice tray, the ice terrorists win.

teedubya
09-25-2010, 05:48 PM
While many people prefer cold water to help cool them down, or
just because it feels better, many public speakers will drink their water at
or slightly above room temperature while speaking. The reason for the warm
water is that it's said to help keep the vocal cords relaxed, and prevents
loss of voice.

I talk a lot.

Rain Man
09-25-2010, 05:48 PM
I used to have the same problem, Mr. Rain Man. So, I disconnected the refrigerator from the cold water pipe and hooked it up to the hot water pipe, instead. The hot water melts the ice blockage.

I have ice coming out my patoot, now. Of course, that's another issue entirely.

FAX

I'm looking at your post right now the way a chimpanzee looks at a ladder in a lab experiment. I think I can use it, but I also think I could get eaten by a leopard if I try.

Rain Man
09-25-2010, 05:49 PM
While many people prefer cold water to help cool them down, or
just because it feels better, many public speakers will drink their water at
or slightly above room temperature while speaking. The reason for the warm
water is that it's said to help keep the vocal cords relaxed, and prevents
loss of voice.

I talk a lot.

Is this somehow linked to Fritz's suggestion to reason with the ice maker? Because I admit, we haven't talked much.

keg in kc
09-25-2010, 05:51 PM
I do, but it's the principle of the thing. This isn't really about the ice, it's about the fact that I have an ice maker, and the ice maker doesn't work. If I put in an ice tray, the ice terrorists win.<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/_0GTevGPLy0?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/_0GTevGPLy0?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

Rain Man
09-25-2010, 06:15 PM
Okay, I sent the following e-mail to Frigidaire. I'm going to get to the bottom of this.

Dear sir/madam,

I am writing with a humble request for advice or assistance. I bought one of your refrigerators in 2007 when I remodeled my kitchen, for the purpose of storing food at temperatures below room temperature.

I have greatly enjoyed the refrigerator and have come to view it as a friend and an ally. I particularly enjoy the ability to open the door from the inside, as it more or less gives me a peaceful place for myself away from the hubbub of daily life.

As strong as our bond is, I admit that we have one recurring area of disagreement, and that is the ice maker. Having ice in my water is not just a convenience to me, it's a key part of being an American. If I'm going to drink water without ice, I might as well be a medieval peasant in the 14th century, or a North Korean. (My apologies if you work in a North Korean call center.) People risked their lives, their fortunes, and their sacred honor so that I can have ice in my water, and it would be an affront to the Constitution for me to go eschew that basic human right.

Unfortunately, our Founding Fathers' risks and sacrifices are not being rewarded in my house. About once a week I happily put my glass into the ice maker, push the handle, and harvest nothing but bitter disappointment. I then sigh heavily, grumble a little bit, and move the ice cream from the top shelf so I can remove the cover from the ice maker.

The problem is always the same. Atop the little thingie that rotates the ice out of the maker and into the bin, there'll be some partially or fully formed ice pieces that are frozen in a way that prevents the little rotating thingie from pushing it into the bin. I then have to do an Ernest Shackleton expedition into the freezer to break it loose, after which I am without ice for a day or more until the bin refills. Then, like Sisyphus going up the hill, I repeat the process a week later when it freezes up again.

What is the problem? What is wrong? I try to lead a good life. I try to do the right thing. I don't think my refrigerator is doing this intentionally, and honestly it causes awkwardness for both of us. We want to be friends. But I fear that this ice maker thing is driving a wedge between us. How can I fix this situation so that we're both happy and fulfilled and can live the rest of our lives in harmony?

Many thanks for your help. No promises, but if you can solve it I may consider a small bequeathment for you in my will.

Gracie Dean
09-25-2010, 06:25 PM
WE have a frigidiare side by side as well and the compressor went out within the first 2 years and had that repaired. Since then the icemaker has been screwed up

Gonzo
09-25-2010, 06:35 PM
I blame cassel.
Posted via Mobile Device

Pioli Zombie
09-25-2010, 06:42 PM
Bishop Eddie Long sucks cock

Crush
09-25-2010, 06:42 PM
I blame cassel.
Posted via Mobile Device

First, he ruins our offense and then ruins Rain Man's ice machine? That is one sadistic son of a bitch.

mlyonsd
09-25-2010, 06:54 PM
I have a 14 year old GE and the only time ice stops the maker from working is if it makes to much and the ice doesn't have anywhere to fall.

I solved that by making more whiskey/waters.

Just a thought.

ChiefButthurt
09-25-2010, 08:41 PM
Okay, I sent the following e-mail to Frigidaire. I'm going to get to the bottom of this.

Dear sir/madam,

I am writing with a humble request for advice or assistance. I bought one of your refrigerators in 2007 when I remodeled my kitchen, for the purpose of storing food at temperatures below room temperature.

I have greatly enjoyed the refrigerator and have come to view it as a friend and an ally. I particularly enjoy the ability to open the door from the inside, as it more or less gives me a peaceful place for myself away from the hubbub of daily life.

As strong as our bond is, I admit that we have one recurring area of disagreement, and that is the ice maker. Having ice in my water is not just a convenience to me, it's a key part of being an American. If I'm going to drink water without ice, I might as well be a medieval peasant in the 14th century, or a North Korean. (My apologies if you work in a North Korean call center.) People risked their lives, their fortunes, and their sacred honor so that I can have ice in my water, and it would be an affront to the Constitution for me to go eschew that basic human right.

Unfortunately, our Founding Fathers' risks and sacrifices are not being rewarded in my house. About once a week I happily put my glass into the ice maker, push the handle, and harvest nothing but bitter disappointment. I then sigh heavily, grumble a little bit, and move the ice cream from the top shelf so I can remove the cover from the ice maker.

The problem is always the same. Atop the little thingie that rotates the ice out of the maker and into the bin, there'll be some partially or fully formed ice pieces that are frozen in a way that prevents the little rotating thingie from pushing it into the bin. I then have to do an Ernest Shackleton expedition into the freezer to break it loose, after which I am without ice for a day or more until the bin refills. Then, like Sisyphus going up the hill, I repeat the process a week later when it freezes up again.

What is the problem? What is wrong? I try to lead a good life. I try to do the right thing. I don't think my refrigerator is doing this intentionally, and honestly it causes awkwardness for both of us. We want to be friends. But I fear that this ice maker thing is driving a wedge between us. How can I fix this situation so that we're both happy and fulfilled and can live the rest of our lives in harmony?

Many thanks for your help. No promises, but if you can solve it I may consider a small bequeathment for you in my will.

Wouldn't you love to be a fly on the wall when they open that letter? ROFL

Fried Meat Ball!
09-25-2010, 08:48 PM
I had a Frigidaire side-by-side (I'll bet it's the same frickin' model), and it had the exact same problem you described.

I gave up and sold it.

notorious
09-25-2010, 08:59 PM
I wanted some ice water and I went to the fridge and there's no ice, dammit, and I opened up the ice maker again and for the 1,000th time there's a piece of ice jammed in it that stopped it up and this happens every freaking week! Every week! It's a Frigidaire and the freaking ice maker hasn't worked right since I bought the thing. Every week! And then I have to get in there and break the ice out of it and wait a day for the ice to rebuild and meanwhile my water has no ice in it and I can't STAND water with no ice in it. Water is SUPPOSED to have ice in it, and I have none. Why can't a fellow get a glass of ice water in his own house? What is wrong with this world?

I like ice. Leave it the fuck alone.

http://i53.tinypic.com/124hpih.jpg

bevischief
09-25-2010, 09:25 PM
\\

TP the office....

Chiefshrink
09-25-2010, 09:51 PM
Rain my man! I have an Amana and had the same problem until someone told me to do this:

1. If your ice maker is getting stuck 2-3x a week periodically go "crushed ice"at least once a day. This will prevent the blockage from building up. I assume the "cubes" are getting stuck. Hopefully you have "crushed" ability.

2. If your maker is getting stuck almost every time(every other glass of water) then go "crushed" all the time.

It worked for me.:thumb:

Chiefs Rool
09-25-2010, 09:52 PM
check your connection in the back and get a good tube!

JoeyChuckles
09-26-2010, 12:03 AM
Ice is for Iceland. Let's keep it that way.

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-26-2010, 12:46 AM

Say five 'Hail Tebow's' and be absolved, my son.

googlegoogle
09-26-2010, 01:25 AM
why don't you build a refrigerator.