PDA

View Full Version : KU ****NMSU vs KU****

Mr_Tomahawk
09-25-2010, 05:55 PM
Am I missing the game thread? If so....well here is another. :)

Looks like an exciting game...watching lines go back and forth on gamecast :harumph:

Guru
09-25-2010, 06:02 PM
is this on any of the sports channels?

kstater
09-25-2010, 06:03 PM
is this on any of the sports channels?

Wickedson says it's a nationally televised broadcast.

KC_Connection
09-25-2010, 06:07 PM
I can't find it anywhere. At least we're winning.

Guru
09-25-2010, 06:08 PM
Wickedson says it's a nationally televised broadcast.

not finding it.

Guru
09-25-2010, 06:10 PM
Found it. Fox College sports.

keg in kc
09-25-2010, 06:11 PM
Info I found says it's Fox College Sports Central. I have no idea what or where that is.

They just showed a KU TD return cut-in during SC-Auburn.

Bambi
09-25-2010, 06:13 PM
Pourhouse is rockin. DJ goin for the TD record apparently

Chiefs Pantalones
09-25-2010, 06:31 PM
stream perhaps?

Bambi
09-25-2010, 07:12 PM
I don't get why you guys are having such issues watching the game. Its the fox college sports national broadcast. We are all watching just fine here.

WilliamTheIrish
09-25-2010, 07:15 PM
I don't get why you guys are having such issues watching the game. Its the fox college sports national broadcast. We are all watching just fine here.

FCS isn't a national channel. It's a bitch to get it on some cable tiers. I don't get it because I refuse to pay for a channel (or tier of channels) to see one game a year.

Sure-Oz
09-25-2010, 07:16 PM
I dont have it on dish gosh darnit

Bambi
09-25-2010, 08:35 PM
Well to sum up the game KU looked incredible and will be competing for the North title based on the other teams play today. Gonna be a great season.

The Turner Gill era has begun. Let's get it in!

mikeyis4dcats.
09-25-2010, 08:42 PM
Well to sum up the game KU looked incredible and will be competing for the North title based on the other teams play today. Gonna be a great season.

:LOL:

|Zach|
09-25-2010, 08:45 PM

ROFL

Silock
09-25-2010, 09:27 PM
Just got back from the game. Wasn't supposed to rain like that, which made it cold and slippery. We had the Georgia Tech offense for the first quarter. Webb is a lot faster than I thought he was. We looked good, and dominated a game that we should have.

Our special teams was pretty awful when defending against the return.

notorious
09-25-2010, 09:32 PM
Its the fox college sports national broadcast.

This is a serious question:

Do you live on the planet Earth?

Even KnowMo is thinking,"WTF?!"

Pants
09-25-2010, 09:58 PM
Just got back from the game. Wasn't supposed to rain like that, which made it cold and slippery. We had the Georgia Tech offense for the first quarter. Webb is a lot faster than I thought he was. We looked good, and dominated a game that we should have.

Our special teams was pretty awful when defending against the return.

Yeah, he's got some wheels when he goes in a straight line. He's obviosulsy not a juker like Pick, though. It was a pretty fun game to watch, but Jesus, NM State is terrible.

P.S. I hope Pick was OK, dude was struggling with that knee.

Silock
09-25-2010, 10:29 PM
Yeah, I actually thought Pick would have been in a lot more in the 1st quarter, but I guess that ship has sailed.

baitism
09-25-2010, 10:32 PM

You are not a very good troll....

Pants
09-25-2010, 11:06 PM
FCS isn't a national channel. It's a bitch to get it on some cable tiers. I don't get it because I refuse to pay for a channel (or tier of channels) to see one game a year.

$5 a month for the sports package. I don't think there has ever been a better deal on Planet Earth. $5 = half a lunch.

Al Bundy
09-25-2010, 11:16 PM
New Mexico State is awful. I really wish UCF would get to play the Jayhawks.

JoeyChuckles
09-25-2010, 11:33 PM
Quality post #2 of #22: As this is most likely KU's last win of the year, way to go Jayhawks. I still love ya though.

Bambi
09-25-2010, 11:45 PM

I dunno, my assistant set up my television package. The game was on clear here in ny.

I was at the KU bar watching though so I guess you're right, it didn't really matter in the end.

I wish the other local teams were on every week. I'd like to see what KSU and MU are all about. Haven't seen them on tv around the east coast.

Bambi
09-25-2010, 11:47 PM
You are not a very good troll....

I have more than 800 posts. I'm not a troll. next please..

KC_Connection
09-25-2010, 11:55 PM
Jayhawk Homer Math:

KU 26 point win over NMSU
SDSU 20 point win over NMSU
Missouri 3 point win over SDSU

Therefore, 26-20-3=3, and a KU win over Missouri by 3 in November.

You can book that. :)

Bambi
09-25-2010, 11:58 PM
Jayhawk Homer Math:

KU 26 point win over NMSU
SDSU 20 point win over NMSU
Missouri 3 point win over SDSU

Therefore, 26-20-3=3, and a KU win over Missouri by 3 in November.

You can book that. :)

Yeah tough to play that game.

If you were to base your rankings on that KU would be the best team in the North right now being that they are the only ones to beat a ranked team and Neb, MU, and KSU all barely beat 1-AA types.

Can't wait for conf season...

KC_Connection
09-26-2010, 12:00 AM
I still think KU is a significantly worse team than Nebraska and Missouri, but I'm hopeful for a close game in KC.

Bambi
09-26-2010, 12:08 AM
I still think KU is a significantly worse team than Nebraska and Missouri, but I'm hopeful for a close game in KC.

Don't worry man. Neither of those teams is that good. Would you favor them over KU right now? Neb at home, yes....MU at Arrowhead, slightly yes.

Concede nothing. If they were Alabama, or Texas (2009), or Ohio State...something like that I would agree with you, but they're not.

Nebraska barely beat a 1-AA today and Missouri is well....Missouri. No reason to think KU can't win those two games this season.

Was the NDSU loss bad? Of course. But the way that team played tonight it seems like a year ago.

Will they execute like they need to when the time comes? We'll have to see. In the meantime watch some Gridiron episodes to keep things current. KU football is just fine no matter how much 810 wants to hate. They've been doing the same thing for 20 years now and Kansas still comes out on top.

RCJHKU

JoeyChuckles
09-26-2010, 12:11 AM
When does basketball season start?

BWillie
09-26-2010, 12:24 AM
Quality post #2 of #22: As this is most likely KU's last win of the year, way to go Jayhawks. I still love ya though.

Thats cool, how many ranked teams have missouri and kstate beaten this year?

Bambi
09-26-2010, 12:32 AM
When does basketball season start?

I think like mid November. It's too bad all these people around CP think bball is pointless and don't watch it. I wonder what you guys do between the onths of January and April.

I;d be bored out of my mind. I love having a team to root for...

JoeyChuckles
09-26-2010, 12:33 AM
College basketball is better than college football, if solely for March Madness

WilliamTheIrish
09-26-2010, 06:15 AM
$5 a month for the sports package. I don't think there has ever been a better deal on Planet Earth. $5 = half a lunch.

What company are you with? Where I'm at it's an extra 15. Still a lunch, but ridiculous when they package it with 4 no habla channels and another block that I'll never see. And yea, it's "only 15". I just refuse to pay it.

WilliamTheIrish
09-26-2010, 06:28 AM
I dunno, my assistant set up my television package. The game was on clear here in ny.

I was at the KU bar watching though so I guess you're right, it didn't really matter in the end.

I'm surprised the assistant has that much time what with all the duties associated with the technicolor dream coat. Sounds like the YES! network is the shizzz.

I wish the other local teams were on every week. I'd like to see what KSU and MU are all about. Haven't seen them on tv around the east coast.

Uh -huh.

WilliamTheIrish
09-26-2010, 06:29 AM
Thats cool, how many ranked teams have missouri and kstate beaten this year?

How many 1aa's have they lost to.. at home?

kstater
09-26-2010, 06:44 AM
Uh -huh.

Which is funny because KSU has been a true national game for 3/4 of their games.

Al Bundy
09-26-2010, 07:37 AM
Don't worry man. Neither of those teams is that good. Would you favor them over KU right now? Neb at home, yes....MU at Arrowhead, slightly yes.

Concede nothing. If they were Alabama, or Texas (2009), or Ohio State...something like that I would agree with you, but they're not.

Nebraska barely beat a 1-AA today and Missouri is well....Missouri. No reason to think KU can't win those two games this season.

Was the NDSU loss bad? Of course. But the way that team played tonight it seems like a year ago.

Will they execute like they need to when the time comes? We'll have to see. In the meantime watch some Gridiron episodes to keep things current. KU football is just fine no matter how much 810 wants to hate. They've been doing the same thing for 20 years now and Kansas still comes out on top.

RCJHKU

They are going to lose by at least 20 to both of those teams. Turns out Georgia Tech isn't that good after all and really, UCF would pound KU.

ArrowheadHawk
09-26-2010, 07:41 AM
They are going to lose by at least 20 to both of those teams. Turns out Georgia Tech isn't that good after all and really, UCF would pound KU.

We may lose by 20 to those other teams but UCF would not pound KU. You are a homer.

duncan_idaho
09-26-2010, 08:15 AM
Yeah tough to play that game.

If you were to base your rankings on that KU would be the best team in the North right now being that they are the only ones to beat a ranked team and Neb, MU, and KSU all barely beat 1-AA types.

Can't wait for conf season...

What are youtalking about re: FCS teams?

Missouri pounded the hell out of McNeese State -which, by the way, was the best of any of the FCS teams played by Missouri, Nebraska, ku or KSU.

If you want to play transitive property ... MU beat SDSU by 3, which beat Utah State by 34, which lost to OU by 3. Transitive property doesn't work in sport, though. Syllogisms don't work in sport.

Congrats on the GA Tech win, they were ranked, but it is quickly becoming apparent they were very overrated. It wouldn't surprise menif SDSU ends up having a better year than the Jackets...

WilliamTheIrish
09-26-2010, 08:19 AM
Which is funny because KSU has been a true national game for 3/4 of their games.

Venom! Hate! (and haikus)

Bowser
09-26-2010, 08:24 AM

It's a hard chocie to decide which has more flat out comedic value - you saying Kansas will compete for the north title, or getting pumped up for the Turner Gill era by shouting "Let's get it in!" Both are pretty impressive......

PGM
09-26-2010, 08:32 AM
Wickedson = Knowmo

HolyHandgernade
09-26-2010, 08:35 AM
KU's offense looks like it is starting to round into shape. When you consider they are being led by a freshman RB and QB, what they have been able to accomplish so far is encouraging, if not for this season, then the next. Defense looks more sound than it did last year, the LB corp has played really well. Special teams could end up costing us two to three games this year, however, if we keep giving up field position like that. Hard to still get a real good feel as to what to expect for the conference season, however. Going on the road against a team that may be only slightly better than us will give us a good indication how much they learned from the road trip to So. Miss.

If the staff keeps up with the corrections from past mistakes, we should be competitive in most games. Losing that opener, however, will make it extremely difficult to reach bowl eligibility. Nebraska is the only game I would count as a guaranteed loss at this point, but I don't see any game where we will be favored, possibly outside of Colorado. Here's hoping we can get on the plus side of a few of those and keep some degree of mojo into the following season.

Bambi
09-26-2010, 09:18 AM
KU's offense looks like it is starting to round into shape. When you consider they are being led by a freshman RB and QB, what they have been able to accomplish so far is encouraging, if not for this season, then the next. Defense looks more sound than it did last year, the LB corp has played really well. Special teams could end up costing us two to three games this year, however, if we keep giving up field position like that. Hard to still get a real good feel as to what to expect for the conference season, however. Going on the road against a team that may be only slightly better than us will give us a good indication how much they learned from the road trip to So. Miss.

If the staff keeps up with the corrections from past mistakes, we should be competitive in most games. Losing that opener, however, will make it extremely difficult to reach bowl eligibility. Nebraska is the only game I would count as a guaranteed loss at this point, but I don't see any game where we will be favored, possibly outside of Colorado. Here's hoping we can get on the plus side of a few of those and keep some degree of mojo into the following season.

I think the defense looks twice as good as last year. Not sure what it is.

notorious
09-26-2010, 09:18 AM
Wickedson = Knowmo

Repost.

BUT, it can never be said enough.

notorious
09-26-2010, 09:19 AM
New Mexico State is awful. I really wish UCF would get to play the Jayhawks.

You guys have a very good team. I felt sick for you, honestly.

notorious
09-26-2010, 09:21 AM

Nebraska would flick KU away like a wet booger. :facepalm:

It's great that we get to find out. LMAO

PGM
09-26-2010, 09:25 AM
Repost.

BUT, it can never be said enough.

The gold men are coming...

notorious
The gold men are coming...

For some reason that sounds... ehmmmm..... funny. LMAO

Bambi
What are youtalking about re: FCS teams?

Missouri pounded the hell out of McNeese State -which, by the way, was the best of any of the FCS teams played by Missouri, Nebraska, ku or KSU.

If you want to play transitive property ... MU beat SDSU by 3, which beat Utah State by 34, which lost to OU by 3. Transitive property doesn't work in sport, though. Syllogisms don't work in sport.

Congrats on the GA Tech win, they were ranked, but it is quickly becoming apparent they were very overrated. It wouldn't surprise menif SDSU ends up having a better year than the Jackets...

That's why I said "tough to play that game". I don't use that as a way to judge the teams.

But let's be honest, if Time Biere doesn't have those two inexplicable fumbles and KU actually had the right guys playing (Jordan Webb and James Sims, etc) against NDSU they win that game 17-3...

Just like Neb did last night.

As far as the MU game goes that is a toss up every year no matter what. KU has won when MU has been a solid favorite and MU has won when KU has been the fav...

I think KU beats KSU at home on Thursday night. After watching both the teams I don't have any problem saying that.

notorious
09-26-2010, 09:27 AM
I think KU beats KSU at home on Thursday night. After watching both the teams I don't have any problem saying that.

I actually agree with you on that point. KSU doesn't have a QB worth a fuck, and KU's freshman looks decent.

Bambi
09-26-2010, 09:34 AM
I actually agree with you on that point. KSU doesn't have a QB worth a ****, and KU's freshman looks decent.

If the game were in Manhattan I would say KSU wins.

I think KU puts 9 men in the box and holds DT enough to win a close one but no matter what it should be a good game.

notorious
09-26-2010, 09:44 AM
If the game were in Manhattan I would say KSU wins.

I think KU puts 9 men in the box and holds DT enough to win a close one but no matter what it should be a good game.

That is all it takes to stop KSU.

If KU continues to run up the middle and/or effectively executes the delayed handoffs, they have a good chance at moving the ball. KSU has been atrocious up the middle.