PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Should we continue to get Charles touches?

DeezNutz
09-26-2010, 12:25 PM
Does he match up ok, or should we continue to save him, or will Cassel continue to hurt his effectiveness?

Let's continue to justify it, please.

threebag02
09-26-2010, 12:25 PM
No need to save him for the playoffs

Fritz88
09-26-2010, 12:27 PM
I think we should consider giving him more touches. He seems to be a play maker.

MichaelH
09-26-2010, 12:28 PM
We play to win the game. ROFL

tsyou606
09-26-2010, 12:29 PM
I say give him more touches

WilliamTheIrish
09-26-2010, 12:31 PM
Yes. But only touches that result in 11 yards or more. Those 2 yard gains aren't worth it at all. Plus, TJ's biceps help hide the play action fake better.

LaChapelle
Just had to take a shit
who needs Mecca

milkman
Chiefs have a 7 point lead here.

It's time to hand the ball to Jones and sit on the lead.

DeezNutz
09-26-2010, 12:32 PM
Jimmy Johnson loves Charles! Watch your back, Haley.

Reaper16
09-26-2010, 12:32 PM
Pete & SensibleChiefsFan have to be utterly embarrassed.

AndChiefs
09-26-2010, 12:34 PM
He's already getting too many. It should be about 90% Jones.

For that matter..what's with McCluster touching it. We need more Cassel bombs.

Thig Lyfe
09-26-2010, 12:59 PM
Nah. Flea flickers on every play.

KCUnited
09-26-2010, 01:06 PM
Cassel needs less touches

kstater
09-26-2010, 01:09 PM
You know, these coaching guys seem to know what the fuck they're doing. I know it's strange, and I know JC probably isn't getting as many carries as we'd like, but, um, it's working.

MichaelH
09-26-2010, 01:20 PM
You know, these coaching guys seem to know what the **** they're doing. I know it's strange, and I know JC probably isn't getting as many carries as we'd like, but, um, it's working.

It's the weirdest damn feeling that KC coaches know what they're doing isn't it? I keep waiting for the big turd to fall. I think it's safe to say the turn known as Hermie Edwards is now flushed from the system.

Rudy lost the toss
09-26-2010, 01:20 PM
Nice thread, dood

DeezNutz
09-26-2010, 01:24 PM
Nice thread, dood

It is. You're right.

DeezNutz
09-26-2010, 01:31 PM
10 for 77.

Smed1065
09-26-2010, 01:36 PM
He sucks. But your tude does too.

Wish we had not traded for either.

But I accept facts and do not whine forever.

DeezNutz
09-26-2010, 01:43 PM
He sucks. But your tude does too.

Wish we had not traded for either.

But I accept facts and do not whine forever.

I'm very positive about Charles. The people who attempted to justify why he shouldn't be the #1 RB should continue.

loochy
09-26-2010, 01:50 PM
It's the weirdest damn feeling that KC coaches know what they're doing isn't it? I keep waiting for the big turd to fall. I think it's safe to say the turn known as Hermie Edwards is now flushed from the system.

It feels so good to read that and actually agree. Ahhhhhhh

petegz28
09-26-2010, 02:11 PM

Why would I be embarrased? He played much better today compared to Cleveland. Cleveland had his number, probably becasue he shred them last year.

I thought today was what we want to see between Jones and Charles.

petegz28
09-26-2010, 02:12 PM
You know, these coaching guys seem to know what the **** they're doing. I know it's strange, and I know JC probably isn't getting as many carries as we'd like, but, um, it's working.

Who'd a thunk it?

beer bacon
09-26-2010, 02:14 PM
Charles had 97 rushing yards and Jones had 95. If we are going to continue to split carries, today was just about perfect.

KCUnited
09-26-2010, 02:17 PM
The foolishness that has gone on about this has been...well, foolish.

Psyko Tek
09-26-2010, 02:55 PM
until we lose stfu
what they are doing works

OnTheWarpath58
09-26-2010, 02:58 PM
If you take away those 9 long runs, JC didn't do shit today.

SenselessChiefsFan
09-26-2010, 03:05 PM
Yes. But only touches that result in 11 yards or more. Those 2 yard gains aren't worth it at all. Plus, TJ's biceps help hide the play action fake better.

Just so you know, the biceps comment was tongue in cheek.

TJ is still the better over all back and Charles will start when he is ready.

DeezNutz
09-26-2010, 03:06 PM

LMAO. LMAO.

Douche Baggins
09-26-2010, 03:06 PM
Did you see the way they skulledfucked SF on that last drive?

Jesus. They were unstoppable.

SenselessChiefsFan
09-26-2010, 03:10 PM

Why, exactly?

Did TJ somehow suck today? He averaged 5 yards a carry AND didn't have any mental mistakes. I know that some still seem to struggle to grasp that Charles is explosive, but still struggles at some aspects of the game. And, there is a durability concern.

But, keep touting how Charles should be the starter. The Chiefs are 3-0 and totally dominated today....with TJ as the starter.

Reaper16
09-26-2010, 03:13 PM

Why, exactly?

Did TJ somehow suck today? He averaged 5 yards a carry AND didn't have any mental mistakes. I know that some still seem to struggle to grasp that Charles is explosive, but still struggles at some aspects of the game. And, there is a durability concern.

But, keep touting how Charles should be the starter. The Chiefs are 3-0 and totally dominated today....with TJ as the starter.
LMAO

Posters of ChiefsPlanet: if I am EVER this fucking stupid then kill me. Seriously, I grant you full legal rights to end what would then be my pathetic existence. I never want to live if I am as stupid as this.

dirk digler
09-26-2010, 03:13 PM
Charles had 97 rushing yards and Jones had 95. If we are going to continue to split carries, today was just about perfect.

Yep I don't see how anyone can complain after today's performance. We are lucky to have both of them and now have a legit 2-headed monster

petegz28
09-26-2010, 03:22 PM
Charles had all of 1 more carry today than he did last week. He had a total of 3 more touches than last week. Yet everyone was bitching last week, not so much this week.

petegz28
09-26-2010, 03:22 PM
LMAO

Posters of ChiefsPlanet: if I am EVER this ****ing stupid then kill me. Seriously, I grant you full legal rights to end what would then be my pathetic existence. I never want to live if I am as stupid as this.

You want it in the head or heart?

Sure-Oz
09-26-2010, 03:23 PM
Why, exactly?

Charles is fucking Chris Johnson 2

Reaper16
09-26-2010, 03:24 PM
Charles had all of 1 more carry today than he did last week. He had a total of 3 more touches than last week. Yet everyone was bitching last week, not so much this week.
He was used better this time. He was used earlier and more often. And he still could have been used more today, too.

Reaper16
09-26-2010, 03:25 PM
You want it in the head or heart?
I don't care, as long as I die.

Rudy lost the toss
09-26-2010, 03:27 PM
This sure seems a lot like a hootie thread

chiefzilla1501
09-26-2010, 03:30 PM
Deez, can't believe you're actually using this game as a justification to change the way the Chiefs run the offense.

I thought it was one of the best gameplans I've seen from the Chiefs in years. And I think most would agree that especially early in the season, the TJ/Charles balance was brilliant. The 49ers were worked today because the offensive line and TJ really worked that defense out and beat the living daylights out of them. TJ's your workhorse. Beat the living shit out of him and then let Charles benefit once you loosened the defense up. I couldn't be happier with Charles' role today--he had some big plays, was heavily involved in the passing game, and he didn't have a ton of carries where he got popped. In fact, a lot of his carries ended up in just a small shove out of bounds.

Priest31kc
09-26-2010, 03:30 PM
Charles is just as good as Chris Johnson.

petegz28
09-26-2010, 03:31 PM
He was used better this time. He was used earlier and more often. And he still could have been used more today, too.

I agree he was used better today. But he also had better production today as compared to last week. He still has some rough spots and when you have a TJ on your team he is going to be #2. As far as using him more I don't know. Jones had a total of 20 touches today, Charles had 15. We held the ball 34 minutes.
He is on pace right now for around 225 touches this year. He is a smaller back and we don't have to run him into the ground like we did LJ.

13 more games to go, we are 3-0, just calm down with the amount of touches. Right now is being effective, staying fresh for the game and most of all staying healthy. We will need that come later this season when it's cold.

DeezNutz
09-26-2010, 03:33 PM
Deez, can't believe you're actually using this game as a justification to change the way the Chiefs run the offense.

Palming the face.

This thread was started at half. There was a point when this game was close. Our best offensive player, at that point, was kicking tremendous fucking ass and continuing to demonstrate that he could and would outperform Thomas Jones.

No one is unhappy about the win. No one is saying Jones is a bad player. At times, even when there is a win, it's ok to analyze what happened.

Reaper16
09-26-2010, 03:34 PM
Jones drives in the early going today stalled the fuck out. In case ya'll forgot.

DeezNutz
09-26-2010, 03:35 PM
TTC referred to it as the Cassel, Jones, Cassel, punt offense.

petegz28
09-26-2010, 03:36 PM
Palming the face.

This thread was started at half. There was a point when this game was close. Our best offensive player, at that point, was kicking tremendous ****ing ass and continuing to demonstrate that he could and would outperform Thomas Jones.

No one is unhappy about the win. No one is saying Jones is a bad player. At times, even when there is a win, it's ok to analyze what happened.

Oh, so last week when I was analyzing the Browns game you were one of the main ones telling me I was full of shit. Now suddenly it's time to analyze?

Reaper16
09-26-2010, 03:36 PM
Oh, so last week when I was analyzing the Browns game you were one of the main ones telling me I was full of shit. Now suddenly it's time to analyze?
wut

petegz28
09-26-2010, 03:37 PM
Jones drives in the early going today stalled the **** out. In case ya'll forgot.

So did some of the Charles runs on 1st and 2nd down. 1st play of the 2nd half comes to mind. In case you forgot.

the Talking Can
09-26-2010, 03:37 PM
i have no idea why we insist on punting 3 times before giving Charles the ball

but not going to complain today

and anyways, Charles is so much better than Jones it requires no argument

that's it, my lips are closed on the subject

i love how they're using them both...just wish they were starting the best player

DeezNutz
09-26-2010, 03:38 PM

No, I was saying that your analysis was shit. Your efforts were outstanding. This post, however, is pretty funny on so many different levels.

petegz28
09-26-2010, 03:38 PM
wut

Last week Deez was crying because I broke down the Browns game and analyzed it which showed Charles had a less than impressive game. He didn't want to hear it.

petegz28
09-26-2010, 03:39 PM
No, I was saying that your analysis was shit. Your efforts were outstanding. This post, however, is pretty funny on so many different levels.

Yeah, it was shit because you didn't like it. And today proves me right. He had 1 more carry and did great. Last week he didn't do shit on the same amount of carries. You just don't want to hear anything less than Charles is God.

Reaper16
09-26-2010, 03:41 PM
Last week Deez was crying because I broke down the Browns game and analyzed it which showed Charles had a less than impressive game. He didn't want to hear it.
Your analysis was bullshit. Your conclusions were hilariously wrong. Posters like Deez and I mindraped you all throughout the week wrt Charles. Your indignation is pathetic, dude.

KChiefs1
09-26-2010, 03:41 PM
No problem with the way they split carries today.

DeezNutz
09-26-2010, 03:44 PM

If you have been drinking heavily, I will accept that as a valid reason for the idiocy that you're currently spewing in this thread.

petegz28
09-26-2010, 03:44 PM
Your analysis was bullshit. Your conclusions were hilariously wrong. Posters like Deez and I mindraped you all throughout the week wrt Charles. Your indignation is pathetic, dude.

Yeah, they were wrong only in the minds of the mentaly challenged when it comes to football. My analysis was spot on. You, just like Deez, just didn't want to hear your precious RB had a not-so-good game.

His median run last weel was just under 3 yards. I am betting today it is more than that on all of 1 additional carry.

DeezNutz
09-26-2010, 03:45 PM
If you take away pete's last 4 embarrassing fucking posts, he's had a solid performance in this thread.

petegz28
If you have been drinking heavily, I will accept that as a valid reason for the idiocy that you're currently spewing in this thread.

No need, I have already accepted anytime someone says Charles is anything but God and should get the ball 30 times a game you get your panties in a wad.

OnTheWarpath58
If you take away pete's last 4 embarrassing fucking posts, he's had a solid performance in this thread.

ROFL

Rep.

DeezNutz
09-26-2010, 03:46 PM
No need, I have already accepted anytime someone says Charles is anything but God and should get the ball 30 times a game you get your panties in a wad.

LMAO. Cheers, dude.

How many touches did I stipulate in this very thread? Intellectual dishonest and reductive argumentation FTMFW!

Reaper16
09-26-2010, 03:46 PM
Yeah, they were wrong only in the minds of the mentaly challenged when it comes to football. My analysis was spot on. You, just like Deez, just didn't want to hear your precious RB had a not-so-good game.

His median run last weel was just under 3 yards. I am betting today it is more than that on all of 1 additional carry.
I had to have brought up my counter-argument to you at least fifteen thousand times. I don't recall a cogent effort to refute my argument that the way in which Charles was used last week was what made him "ineffective."

dirk digler
09-26-2010, 03:48 PM
I had to have brought up my counter-argument to you at least fifteen thousand times. I don't recall a cogent effort to refute my argument that the way in which Charles was used last week was what made him "ineffective."

Was he used any different this week? It didn't seem like it to me other than he got the meaningless start

petegz28
09-26-2010, 03:48 PM

And I agreed that was part of it. Guess that slipped your mind? But he was also fairly unproductive when it was all said and done. You can blame the coaches but I blame a lot of that on a Cleveland defense that had his number for the day.

LaChapelle
09-26-2010, 03:49 PM
The days of racking up rep points for being negative have passed
adapt or die

petegz28
09-26-2010, 03:50 PM
Was he used any different this week? It didn't seem like it to me other than he got the meaningless start

Not terribly different but I think using him more in the passing game is worthy of note. And actually Jones started

Reaper16
09-26-2010, 03:52 PM
Yes, actually. Charles was involved a bit earlier. Not every single play with Charles in the backfield was a handoff. He was used more in the passing game. He and TJ each got carries on the same drive a few times, which helps out a lot. Weis' playcalling was much better this week.

I'd still prefer the first quarter to be heavier on the Charles - his performance this entire season is all the proof why - but today's split was done with more wisdom and sense that last week's.

DeezNutz
09-26-2010, 03:53 PM
LMAO. Cheers, dude.

How many touches did I stipulate in this very thread? Intellectual dishonest and reductive argumentation FTMFW!

My apologies to pete on this one. I stipulated 20 touches in another thread. My bad.

Reaper16
09-26-2010, 03:53 PM
And I agreed that was part of it. Guess that slipped your mind? But he was also fairly unproductive when it was all said and done. You can blame the coaches but I blame a lot of that on a Cleveland defense that had his number for the day.
Fairly unproductive, in this instance, was still more productive than Jones.

petegz28
09-26-2010, 04:00 PM

Against Cleveland? Wrong. There was very little statistical difference between the two that game. And actually the edge went to Jones slightly. I broke it down for you. I gave you a breakdown of the carries. You can accept the numbers or continue to be in a dreamworld.

Now my laptop is dying and I am done. You and Deez should not get into the analyzing football. All you want to hear is Charles is God, 30 carries a game, etc, etc. You don't like it when games get broke down and Charles comes out looking human at the end of the day.

Today was much more what we have come to expect from Charles. 12 carries vs. 11 last week and much more productive than against Cleveland.

dirk digler
09-26-2010, 04:02 PM
Yes, actually. Charles was involved a bit earlier. Not every single play with Charles in the backfield was a handoff. He was used more in the passing game. He and TJ each got carries on the same drive a few times, which helps out a lot. Weis' playcalling was much better this week.

I'd still prefer the first quarter to be heavier on the Charles - his performance this entire season is all the proof why - but today's split was done with more wisdom and sense that last week's.

Not terribly different but I think using him more in the passing game is worthy of note. And actually Jones started

I guess..he had 3 extra touches this week. I don't consider that much of a change except Reaper you are right he was used a little earlier. For some reason I thought Charles was in on the first snap not that it matters anyway.

DeezNutz
09-26-2010, 04:04 PM
Against Cleveland? Wrong. There was very little statistical difference between the two that game. And actually the edge went to Jones slightly. I broke it down for you. I gave you a breakdown of the carries. You can accept the numbers or continue to be in a dreamworld.

Now my laptop is dying and I am done. You and Deez should not get into the analyzing football. All you want to hear is Charles is God, 30 carries a game, etc, etc. You don't like it when games get broke down and Charles comes out looking human at the end of the day.

Today was much more what we have come to expect from Charles. 12 carries vs. 11 last week and much more productive than against Cleveland.

I love it when things get "broke down." It's why I always wear my Vrabel jersey when I post.

Oh, could you please point me to my 30 carries per game post? I'm having some trouble with my CP. Refs are fucking with me, AGAIN.

King_Chief_Fan
09-26-2010, 04:10 PM
It is fun to read your all's ramblings.

Head coached or been an OC lately?

chiefzilla1501
09-26-2010, 04:13 PM
Palming the face.

This thread was started at half. There was a point when this game was close. Our best offensive player, at that point, was kicking tremendous ****ing ass and continuing to demonstrate that he could and would outperform Thomas Jones.

No, I think when you walk into a game with a set conviction, you see things the way you want to see it. TJ's job was to grind it out and to wear the defense down and his style of running is a lot more conducive to that. Jamaal Charles is the big play guy.

I just don't agree with your premise that the Chiefs started moving the ball only because they realized using Jones wasn't working. I would argue that using Jones in the way they did helped to set the Chiefs up to start using Charles and put him in a position to make plays. And that Thomas Jones more than did his job in drives where you claim he was unsuccessful. That's not your RB's fault when you set up a 3rd and 3, a 3rd and 4, and a 3rd and 2 and your teammates don't convert on those downs.

DeezNutz
09-26-2010, 04:17 PM
No, I think when you walk into a game with a set conviction, you see things the way you want to see it. TJ's job was to grind it out and to wear the defense down and his style of running is a lot more conducive to that. Jamaal Charles is the big play guy.

I just don't agree with your premise that the Chiefs started moving the ball only because they realized using Jones wasn't working. I would argue that using Jones in the way they did helped to set the Chiefs up to start using Charles and put him in a position to make plays. And that Thomas Jones more than did his job in drives where you claim he was unsuccessful. That's not your RB's fault when you set up a 3rd and 3, a 3rd and 4, and a 3rd and 2 and your teammates don't convert on those downs.

How in the world did Charles do anything remotely positive without Thomas Jones' help last year? He is an absolutely essential table setter for him. Luckily, Charles benefited from solid line and QB play.

3-0. Let's stay on the surface.

chiefzilla1501
09-26-2010, 04:28 PM

And this argument is still ridiculous.

A 20-yard carry and a 9-yard carry during a 1-minute and a :20 second drill, while not meaningless, were plays run when the defense was guarding against the pass. You can't possibly tell me that when there's 1 minute to go in the half and the Chiefs are on the opposite side of the field that the defense' #1 or even #2 priority is to stop the run. They're mostly playing a tighter version of a Prevent defense.

What matters to me is apples to apples. Last week against Cleveland, when the defense was running a base formation, Jones looked better than Charles. I agree that Charles was slightly misused, which might have led to that, but anyone who claims that Charles was more effective than Jones against Cleveland is totally misrepresenting the truth.

chiefzilla1501
09-26-2010, 04:33 PM
How in the world did Charles do anything remotely positive without Thomas Jones' help last year? He is an absolutely essential table setter for him. Luckily, Charles benefited from solid line and QB play.

#1 - Because Charles can carry that workload for 8 games, do you think he can afford to carry it for 16?
#2 - Totally different type of football. Last year, our offense revolved around having enough firepower to win in a shootout. And guess what, it sucked for us. Our defense was gassed at the end of games and they gave up way too many second half points.

For as much shit as the offensive approach has gotten, we have absolutely annihilated other teams in terms of Time of Possession. Against the Browns, we won that game by SEVEN MINUTES. And that's considering the fact that on many possessions, Jones set the table for Cassel beautifully by creating a 3rd and short situation and Cassel completely shit his pants.

If you want to win in shootouts, I agree, Charles is a far more dynamic playmaker. If you want to win in a defensive battle, Jones is your man. If you want a balance, I have no problem with the way the Chiefs did it today.

the Talking Can
09-26-2010, 04:33 PM

you're right

pull the plug on the planet, no one has a right to an opinion

thanks, Coach!

DeezNutz
09-26-2010, 04:36 PM
#1 - Because Charles can carry that workload for 8 games, do you think he can afford to carry it for 16?
#2 - Totally different type of football. Last year, our offense revolved around having enough firepower to win in a shootout. And guess what, it sucked for us. Our defense was gassed at the end of games and they gave up way too many second half points.

For as much shit as the offensive approach has gotten, we have absolutely annihilated other teams in terms of Time of Possession. Against the Browns, we won that game by SEVEN MINUTES. And that's considering the fact that on many possessions, Jones set the table for Cassel beautifully by creating a 3rd and short situation and Cassel completely shit his pants.

If you want to win in shootouts, I agree, Charles is a far more dynamic playmaker. If you want to win in a defensive battle, Jones is your man. If you want a balance, I have no problem with the way the Chiefs did it today.

Herm? Easy, coach, we're not trying to play arena ball.

chiefzilla1501
09-26-2010, 04:45 PM

So your solution is that with this team's makeup right now, we should be playing a Dick Vermeil style offense where we try to win in shootouts? That's your solution to this whole thing? Today, we're winning games because we're keeping our defense off the field and because we are pounding the ball down the other team's throat. It's pretty amazing to be that productive in your run game when defenses have zero respect for your pass offense and know the run's coming 9 times out of 10.

I don't know how what I'm suggesting is Herm ball in even the slightest way. My belief in wanting to pound the ball down the other team's throat and rely on great, energetic defense are based largely on a lack of trust in our QB. But also based on game situations. The Chiefs are trying to win the clock battle and field position game and it's worked really well the past two games. Do I think that will work against Houston or Indy? No, but I also doubt that the Charles / Jones balance will be the same in those games or in games where our defense looks like it's starting to break down.

grandllama
09-26-2010, 04:49 PM

No but I stayed in a Holiday Inn last night.

sorry... had to be done.

DeezNutz
09-26-2010, 04:50 PM
So your solution is that with this team's makeup right now, we should be playing a Dick Vermeil style offense where we try to win in shootouts?

I have no idea where you're getting this. What I, and some of my betters have argued, is that our best players should start and be the emphasis of this offense.

dirk digler
09-26-2010, 05:13 PM

No but maybe one of the reasons for our success on D is the rest they are getting compared to last year? :shrug:

DeezNutz
09-26-2010, 05:13 PM
No but maybe one of the reasons for our success on D is the rest they are getting compared to last year? :shrug:

Or that we have a competent coordinator.

chiefzilla1501
09-26-2010, 05:18 PM
I have no idea where you're getting this. What I, and some of my betters have argued, is that our best players should start and be the emphasis of this offense.

When you suggested that I was pushing for Herm ball or that I was against wanting to score points, that to me was pretty much a statement claiming that playing to control the clock and win the time of possession game is stupid. Because there's no doubt that TJ is the back you want to do that, not Charles.

Here's why I fundamentally disagree with you. You think that the formula is as easy as saying you put the best players on the field, period. I'm going with Weis on this that you put the players in that most fit what you think you need to do to win. Jamaal Charles' job is largely to hit home runs and add some explosiveness. That has its place in this offense for sure.

But let's look at what this offense really is. You can't rely on the pass offense to consistently score points, so last thing you want to do is lose the Time of Possession game and keep your defense on the field for too long. We have a QB who chokes on 3rd and long situations because he holds onto the ball too long and is at his worst in obvious passing situations. We have a defense that has just swallowed up the run lately. And so, the Chiefs' strategy the past 2 games has been to set up manageable third downs. Something we didn't do very much last year. And Jones has been exceptional at that--don't blame the RB because your QB couldn't convert on a 3rd and <5 yard situation. Which he's done over and over and over and over again.

Again, I like Charles better as a back. But I get what they're trying to do. Not only is this offense more suited for an offense where you don't trust your QB, but it's also one that keeps Charles fresh and healthy. And by the way, it's helping us to completely dominate the time of possession game and to set up 3 wins.

Consistent1
09-26-2010, 05:38 PM

Let's do stay on the surface with being 3-0. What did Charles do last year that meant a fucking thing in the end unless you picked him up at some point in FF? We are winning games with this strategy. This shit is tired. Seriously, how many of the guys STILL bitching about this think they aren't getting enough fantasy points out of the guy?

DeezNutz
09-26-2010, 05:59 PM
Let's do stay on the surface with being 3-0. What did Charles do last year that meant a ****ing thing in the end unless you picked him up at some point in FF? We are winning games with this strategy. This shit is tired. Seriously, how many of the guys STILL bitching about this think they aren't getting enough fantasy points out of the guy?

I have little doubt that being the second best rushing team in the second half of '09 hurt our chances at winning. Furthermore, we have to be careful not to score too quickly, lest we ask our much improved defense and defensive coordinator to play with a lead because Romeo has clearly shown that he wouldn't know what the fuck to do if the opposing team's offensive coordinator were shitting down his leg.

Reaper16
09-26-2010, 06:01 PM
Let's do stay on the surface with being 3-0. What did Charles do last year that meant a fucking thing in the end unless you picked him up at some point in FF? We are winning games with this strategy. This shit is tired. Seriously, how many of the guys STILL bitching about this think they aren't getting enough fantasy points out of the guy?
I don't even play fantasy football. Fuck you.

dirk digler
09-26-2010, 06:20 PM
Or that we have a competent coordinator.

Maybe it is both?

As zilla has pointed out our TOP has improved quite a bit which keeps the D fresh

chiefzilla1501
09-26-2010, 06:27 PM
I have little doubt that being the second best rushing team in the second half of '09 hurt our chances at winning. Furthermore, we have to be careful not to score too quickly, lest we ask our much improved defense and defensive coordinator to play with a lead because Romeo has clearly shown that he wouldn't know what the **** to do if the opposing team's offensive coordinator were shitting down his leg.

Again. Outside the running game, what are our strengths? What are our weaknesses? Outside the run offense, our greatest strength is our run defense. Our greatest weakness is our pass offense.

Playing a control-the-clock game keeps our defense fresh and off the field by extending drives and keeping the clock ticking. The less you ask your defense to get grinded on by a tough runner like Gore, the fresher they can be in the 3rd and 4th quarter. And playing for nickels instead of home runs in the run game allows our pass offense to focus on 3rd and 4s instead of 3rd and 10s.

The game you are promoting is a pure speed game where we use speed all over the place. You are asking us to win in shootouts. I would rather score a field goal or a touchdown in a 12-play drive than a 5-play drive. And when you only get to a 3rd and 8, you ask Matt Cassel to sit in the pocket in an obvious pass situation and the majority of the time, he shits his pants and the pass rush gets to him, whether through a sack, fumble, or a hurry.

We may have had an explosive run offense last year. But we certainly were not winning the Time of Possession game the way we are today.

DenverDanChiefsFan
09-26-2010, 07:27 PM
Not terribly different but I think using him more in the passing game is worthy of note. And actually Jones startedNot today he didn't. Announcers even acted suprised - Charles gets the start and not Thomas Jones.

SenselessChiefsFan
09-26-2010, 07:36 PM

They are. The coaches agree that the best players should start. That is why they do. That is also why the Chiefs are 3-0.

SenselessChiefsFan
09-26-2010, 07:41 PM
Not today he didn't. Announcers even acted suprised - Charles gets the start and not Thomas Jones.

Don't expect anyone in here to pay attention to the facts. That isn't their style.

I don't think the Chiefs really care who starts. They put the player in with the best match up for what they want to do on that play.

Everyone in here gets preoccupied with this or that. The Chiefs coaches just know that TJ is better on some plays and Charles is better on others.

WilliamTheIrish
09-26-2010, 07:49 PM
LMAO