PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Our Coaches > Their Coaches

the Talking Can
09-26-2010, 02:07 PM
And if we didn't have the foul on the squibb kick...

Haley reminds of Boise State coach, which is a real compliment...always thinking about the way to catch them off guard...

TRYING TO WIN > TRYING NOT TO LOSE

Crennel has been beyond words...and he bitch slapped Raye all day

And Weis finally figured out how to use Charles and DMC to help Cassel

this game was over before it started

DaneMcCloud
09-26-2010, 02:11 PM
Excellent playcalling by both Weis and Crennel. LOVED the onside kick and their use of the Wildkat.

A+.

keg in kc
09-26-2010, 02:13 PM
That may have been the best coached game I've seen since I moved here in '99. San Francisco is a talented team that was completely dominated in the second half.

Psyko Tek
09-26-2010, 02:14 PM
I was amazed by what they did and how well it worked
Haley will kick a team when it's down

I don't even think marty did that right

CupidStunt
09-26-2010, 02:17 PM
In every game. And in neither game has it been close.

Basileus777
09-26-2010, 02:18 PM
Singletary is the worst coach in the NFL, maybe even the worst head coach in years.

Bane
09-26-2010, 02:19 PM
Singletary is the worst coach in the NFL, maybe even the worst head coach in years.

Straight to Dungver.

-King-
09-26-2010, 02:27 PM
Crennel is beyond words. This is the same front 7 basically from last year and he has them looking great. Wow
Posted via Mobile Device

Rain Man
09-26-2010, 02:44 PM
I really liked the fourth-down maneuver that made SF burn a timeout.

the Talking Can
09-26-2010, 02:45 PM
I really liked the fourth-down maneuver that made SF burn a timeout.

it's proof that haley is always gaming out options...nothing it too small to contemplate

menawhile, singletary is dreaming about eating a turkey dinner w/ gravy

Rigodan
09-26-2010, 02:47 PM
The decision not to cover Charles and McCluster in the flats against Matt "Checkdown" Cassell was mind-boggling.

Dave Lane
09-26-2010, 03:50 PM
I have one name that caused this game to be over before it began. "Jimmy Raye"

probably the worst coach in history...

the Talking Can
09-26-2010, 03:52 PM
I have one name that caused this game to be over before it began. "Jimmy Raye"

probably the worst coach in history...

seeing him and solari get their asses handed to them was great

athough solari really doesn't deserve to be lumped in with raye, oh well, sucks to be him

Dave Lane
09-26-2010, 03:52 PM

Dave Lane
09-26-2010, 03:53 PM
seeing him and solari get their asses handed to them was great

athough solari really doesn't deserve to be lumped in with raye, oh well, sucks to be him

Dont they have Brian Schottenheimer too?

-King-
09-26-2010, 04:03 PM

Kurt.

Bwana
09-26-2010, 04:16 PM

He is a pile of crap and will never see another head coaching job again when he gets the boot.

keg in kc
09-26-2010, 04:18 PM
One thing that really stunned me today was the insane number of 10+ yard plays we had. Some of those were 4th quarter and we'd worn them down, but a lot of them were schemed. That's impressive at this level of football, and it almost makes me wonder if they were laying low a little bit the first two weeks, and finally decided the hell with it, time to pull all the stops out today.

KC Tattoo
09-26-2010, 04:19 PM

I can't wait to see Singletarys EPIC FAIL tantrum at press confrence LMAO... We are talking Dennis Green FAIL lmao

grandllama
09-26-2010, 04:25 PM

Brian is with NYJ

the Talking Can
09-26-2010, 04:29 PM

as mentioned, Kurt

imagine the depression their fans are in for when they realize their coaches all come to work in the same clown car...

keg in kc
09-26-2010, 04:34 PM
as mentioned, Kurt

imagine the depression their fans are in for when they realize their coaches all come to work in the same clown car...Kind of a flashback to 1999.

grandllama
09-26-2010, 04:35 PM
as mentioned, Kurt

imagine the depression their fans are in for when they realize their coaches all come to work in the same clown car...

You know, in the late 90s we were SF East.

Now they are KCW

Schott, Raye, Solari.... any others?

the Talking Can
09-26-2010, 04:36 PM
Kind of a flashback to 1999.

precisely....reminds me how hopeless it all was with those fools

Dave Lane
09-26-2010, 04:37 PM
Kurt, Damn thats right he was the third stooge!

keg in kc
09-26-2010, 04:38 PM
precisely....reminds me how hopeless it all was with those foolsCome on, you weren't a fan of the John Proctor Dream Team?

boogblaster
09-26-2010, 04:38 PM
I said in a thread before the game we'd out-coach them ....

Coogs
09-26-2010, 04:43 PM
I know Haley took a lot of heat for going conservative in the 2nd half against the Bolts. He said he was normally not that kind of guy, but more of a guy that would take educated risks from time-to-time. And I have to say, today when we had the 14 point lead, I really expected us to kind of go in a shell a bit. Especially when we were in FG range, and a FG puts us up by three scores. But no, we go for the jugular and it results in a TD, and then keep pouring it on from there.

Haley may have a golfing background, but the dude flat out knows how to coach football it appears.

the Talking Can
09-26-2010, 04:45 PM
and so it begins

http://forums.49ers.com/messageboard/showthread.php?t=102604

thread on san fran message board about singletary saying after the game that he is going to keep Raye...

ROFL

And so goes our season. Raye is dumb and Sing is dumber for keeping him.....

the Talking Can
09-26-2010, 04:49 PM
and here is a thread called:

"One word to describe the Niners and it's coaching staff"

http://forums.49ers.com/messageboard/showthread.php?t=102486

milkman
09-26-2010, 05:24 PM
The great thing about this staff, the thing I keep mentioning in in all three games, is the discipline this team is playing with.

Everyone is playing their responsibilities, and this team has to be among the least flagged in the league.

keg in kc
09-26-2010, 05:35 PM
They were I think #2 least penalized coming into this week. There seemed to be more today, but it wasn't bad in any way.

And it has been big. I haven't seen anybody else mention it, but to me the difference in the game last week was Cleveland false-starting themselves to a longer field goal, which they then missed.

We're 3-0 in no small part because we haven't been beating ourselves like that...

KC kid
09-26-2010, 05:37 PM
What did anyone think of Sing. calling timeouts and trying to score down 28 points? I guess he got his when Morgan got hurt last play of the game, but shouldn't he have called off the dogs?

keg in kc
09-26-2010, 05:45 PM
What did anyone think of Sing. calling timeouts and trying to score down 28 points? I guess he got his when Morgan got hurt last play of the game, but shouldn't he have called off the dogs?I thought it was one of the stupidest things I'd ever seen, and I question the professionality of it, particularly the score at the end.

the Talking Can
09-26-2010, 05:46 PM
What did anyone think of Sing. calling timeouts and trying to score down 28 points? I guess he got his when Morgan got hurt last play of the game, but shouldn't he have called off the dogs?

i thought it was bush league, and he may have lost a wr for the year

KC kid
09-26-2010, 05:47 PM
I am glad I am not alone on that. I know you like to play til the whistle, but that game was long over. Neither team had anything to gain at that point.

chiefsnorth
09-26-2010, 06:12 PM
Do you guys remember a couple of years ago, 2007 - when this team was languishing under Carl and Herm, and Larry Johnson had just got a contract extension, and the team started the year with Damon Huard, and by the end of the year we saw that Herm was the worst coach in sports history, Tony Gonzalez was saying in the papers that he wanted Herm to return and he wanted Thigpen to be the starting QB the next year?

Seems like a long time ago.

KCChiefsFan88
09-26-2010, 10:24 PM
The 49ers look like a Herm coached football team.

Short Leash Hootie
09-26-2010, 10:28 PM
The great thing about this staff, the thing I keep mentioning in in all three games, is the discipline this team is playing with.

Everyone is playing their responsibilities, and this team has to be among the least flagged in the league.

yep yep yep

and when Cassel burned that one timeout...

everyone seemed really frustrated...because it usually just doesn't happen...

we are so disciplined...it is a breath of fresh air...

seriously...our future is BRIGHT

KC Tattoo
09-26-2010, 11:05 PM

You can look at our special teams units too and say wow! We have not given up many yards in returns. Our punt and kick coverages have been very good, add that to the return yards we get when we field the ball. I'm thinking we got one hell of a special teams unit and players are doing there job. Out side of Succups missed FG I think we have one of the best ST units in the NFL. I think it's discipline that your talking about is on all three facets Offense Defense and Special Teams. Just seams we are becomming a complete well rounded football team that is going to compete with the best teams in the NFL.

Barret
09-26-2010, 11:07 PM
Didnt want to start a new thread about this but, Speaking of coaches.....

Just a little Homer Vision but, if you go back to 2003 and 2004 does anyone remember the Offensive and Defensive Coordinators for the New England Patriots that drew up the plan to Punk Manning and had people saying Manning couldn't win the big game?

Romeo Crennel and Charlie Weiss.

Also to keep Manning off the Field you have to have a good run game to kill the clock. What rank are the Chiefs currently? #1

keg in kc
09-26-2010, 11:08 PM
If they can hit Manning as much as they hit Smith in the 2nd half today, they have a shot. He is human, and like any other QB, getting hit will throw him off his game.

Short Leash Hootie
09-26-2010, 11:11 PM
he's too good man...our pass rush isn't/won't be good enough to get to Peyton...

I know that much.

keg in kc
09-26-2010, 11:12 PM
"If".

Coach
09-26-2010, 11:17 PM
he's too good man...our pass rush isn't/won't be good enough to get to Peyton...

I know that much.

Sometimes, sacks isn't really all that. It's scheming against him and trying to confuse him is one way.

Another way is to get at least some type of a pressure to force him to speed up his clock, meaning to force him to make his throws earlier than he wants. If we can get him to get his timing to be off a little bit, that helps.

And definately need to keep Dallas Clark in check.

Hug it Out Dan
09-26-2010, 11:18 PM
Passing Game: B
WR's made Cassel look good. I hope there is improvement in this area because this could make our offense deadly. Getting Charles and RunDMC the ball is very important, they're our playmakers and can break one open at any time. Today we finally ran some screens, that was great to see. and how bout that catch from Moeaki??? Fuggin awesome. Cassel still has some accuracy issues and holds onto the ball too long. Hopefully he improves on todays game. Gotta love the trickery on that Wildcat play.

Running Game: A+
Would have possibly had 2 diff backs top the 100yd mark had Haley not call off the dogs. This was an area I thought we would have troubles with because SF's front 7 usually plays their ass off and are hard to run against. Well, not today, our running game has been one of the best in the NFL and that didn't change today. I just have to say Wow....

ST play: A-
I think we have one of the best coverage ST in the NFL, that also didn't change today, we played great in coverage, our PR blocking needs to improve, as our returners aren't getting much time/space to make plays. A lot of that has to do with how well their punting the ball though, sometimes theres only so much you can do, today on the one line drive punt SF had, RunDMC had a big return. People have to understand that we have 2 rookies as returners and we're not going to score on ST every week. However if we can start close to mid field I'm just fine with that, takes pressure off the offense. Only have to make a few plays to at least get in FG position. Our ST coverage unit is getting shit DONE. Copper IMO is worth taking up a roster spot, he played good today.

Run Defense: A+
Man what a difference a good D-coord makes. Crennel has this team stopping the run. I love that. You have a good chance of winning ball games if you can stop the run, the reason being is that so many things can go wrong when you pass all the time. That sounds ultra conservative but it's true. The passing game works when everyone is clicking. Oline has to block, WR's have to get open and catch, the QB has to protect the ball and make sure he doesn't throw and INT. When you can take one aspect away from another team (esp a team that loves to run like SF) you literally take their offense and confidence away. We have one of the best run defenses in the NFL and that's after going up against a good SD running team and Gore. Good job Chiefs front 7!!!! Keep it up!!!!

Pass defense/pass rush: B+
People will argue this should have been an "A" effort. BUT as happy I was to see us with 4 sacks, I also think that if it wasn't Alex Smith, some of those sacks wouldn't have happened because a good QB gets rid of the ball a lot sooner. For instance, Peyton Manning more than likely would have picked us apart with the same pass rush. Our secondary played great, Flowers is playing like a pro bowl corner, had great concentration on his INT today. Had great coverage downfield whenver SF decided to throw it downfield. But what I like about Flowers is he's a great tackler. No more do we see piss poor tackles and bad angles from our defense. Flowers crashes to the ball and fucks people up. I believe we are going to love our secondary for years to come. Tamba Hali played out of his mind today. He has 3.5 sacks on the season, which ranks him in top 5 for OLB's. As much as we've seen him being held by Olinemen, he easily could've had a couple more. Kudos on his performace today. Hopefully he keeps it up. DJ quitely had a nice game today. He was glued to Vernon "We're going to beat KC" Davis all game. Did a nice job.

Coaching: A+
Haley/Weiss/Crennel all deserve major props. It's like night and day the way this team seems to prepare for games. They make adjustments at halftime accordingly. Haley likes to gamble because he has a nutsack, unlike ourformer dumbass HC. Weiss finally found a way to get Charles and run DMC the ball which is good because their our playmakers and they need the ball in those guys hands as much as possible. I just wonder how long these 2 coord are going to be with the Chiefs given they were once HC's. Not saying they don't get along, but other teams may give them HC offers in the offseason. Who knows. All I know is that our players are in good hands unlike w/ Herm's staff. When you draft good players, put them with good coaching, good things will happen and we are all seeing that before our very eyes.

Now I dont wanna be too hyped about our fast start. We could lose to Indy and Houston after our week 4 bye and be tied for 1st with Den/SD. But any coach will say that starting fast in Sept is important, and we haven't seen that since DV in 2003. To be honest the Texans look beatable today. So if we can go 1-1 in our next 2 games it would be great. I just don't see there's anyway we can go into Indy and beat Manning on his field. We can look what Houston did and try to go that route, but being that we're top 3 rushing team in the NFL, I'm more than sure Indy will do nothing but put 8 guys in the box, because I don't think there's a team in the NFL who's scared of Cassel. We have a young secondary and Manning will look to exploit them. Hope I'm wrong. This team seems to be gelling right before us. I just hope they keep it up.

Go Chiefs!!!

Pitt Gorilla
09-26-2010, 11:29 PM
Jones and Charles in the wildcat is awesome. They didn't run it perfectly today, but it will continue to get better.

Douche Baggins
09-26-2010, 11:40 PM
Didnt want to start a new thread about this but, Speaking of coaches.....

Just a little Homer Vision but, if you go back to 2003 and 2004 does anyone remember the Offensive and Defensive Coordinators for the New England Patriots that drew up the plan to Punk Manning and had people saying Manning couldn't win the big game?

Romeo Crennel and Charlie Weiss.

Also to keep Manning off the Field you have to have a good run game to kill the clock. What rank are the Chiefs currently? #1

Stop this, people.

I'm having dreams of Charles and Jones running for 300 yards while Berry and Flowers make Manning's feet do the happy dance and Hali closes in.

keg in kc
09-26-2010, 11:58 PM
Jones and Charles in the wildcat is awesome. They didn't run it perfectly today, but it will continue to get better.Jones and Charles and McCluster.

How in the world do you defend that?

Douche Baggins
09-27-2010, 12:10 AM
How in the world do you defend that?

You die.

http://www.movieprop.com/tvandmovie/reviews/laststarfighterlord.jpg