PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Herm the worm

Luke
09-26-2010, 05:33 PM
31 to 10, that's not football, that's arena ball......
ROFL ROFL ROFL

chiefzilla1501
09-26-2010, 05:35 PM
For as much shit as Herm gets, it's his players that are setting most of the foundation for this team and let's be clear, this team is winning football games because of outstanding defense and an effective running game.

|Zach|
09-26-2010, 05:35 PM
Wow.

Let it go...

GloryDayz
09-26-2010, 06:32 PM
Herm???? Who????

googlegoogle
09-26-2010, 07:20 PM
Now that's not classy.

TheGuardian
09-26-2010, 07:21 PM
We have Herm to thank for a lot of good players that we have no, so he wasn't all bad. Herm was generally a pretty solid draft guy.

Brainiac
09-26-2010, 07:27 PM
We have Herm to thank for a lot of good players that we have no, so he wasn't all bad. Herm was generally a pretty solid draft guy.
Yeah, Herm was great. He was able to win TWO games his last season!

milkman
09-26-2010, 07:28 PM

I tink what Herman fucking Edwards should get credit for is getting Clark Hunt to buy into the plan to build this team through the draft.

Bull Kuharich and Chuck Cook, along with the rest of the scouting staff, deserve the credit for the draft itself.

milkman
09-26-2010, 07:29 PM
Yeah, Herm was great. He was able to win TWO games his last season!

You ain't too smart for someone with your moniker.

He isn't suggesting in any way that Herman fucking Edwards was a good coach.

The Bad Guy
09-26-2010, 07:31 PM
I would swear that Herm and Mike Singletary are brothers.

milkman
09-26-2010, 07:32 PM
I would swear that Herm and Mike Singletary are brothers.

New name, coined by Hamas.

"Hermletary"

SenselessChiefsFan
09-26-2010, 07:33 PM
I tink what Herman ****ing Edwards should get credit for is getting Clark Hunt to buy into the plan to build this team through the draft.

Bull Kuharich and Chuck Cook, along with the rest of the scouting staff, deserve the credit for the draft itself.

Yeah, because the Chiefs aced the draft prior to Herm Edwards.

ChiefsCountry
09-26-2010, 07:33 PM

Bowe
Charles
Albert
Richardson
Dorsey
Hali
Flowers
Carr

The top 5 players on the Chiefs are on that list.

milkman
09-26-2010, 07:37 PM

They "aced" the draft in previous years because they allowed the HCand staff too big a voice in the draft.

This particualr draft, while Herman fucking Edwards had a voice, they actually used real reports and scouting to make the selections, rather than listening to their good buddy coaches in the college ranks.

Brainiac
09-26-2010, 07:42 PM
You ain't too smart for someone with your moniker.

He isn't suggesting in any way that Herman ****ing Edwards was a good coach.
I knew what he was suggesting and what he wasn't.

I just hate to see Herm get any love at all. He was a horrible coach. Yes, he wanted to go young, but going young doesn't do you any good if your young players suck and you suck as a coach.

milkman
09-26-2010, 07:47 PM

I just hate to see Herm get any love at all. He was a horrible coach. Yes, he wanted to go young, but going young doesn't do you any good if your young players suck and you suck as a coach.

So, those young players suck?

I guess all the guys below should be on their way out the door soon.

Bowe
Charles
Albert
Richardson
Dorsey
Hali
Flowers
Carr

The top 5 players on the Chiefs are on that list.

chiefzilla1501
09-26-2010, 07:51 PM

As I've said many times before, I think the guy you want to blame for that is Lynn Stiles. The guy was a complete joke.

chiefzilla1501
09-26-2010, 07:55 PM

A lot of people's hatred for Herm made them blind to a lot of the good things he was doing for this team. I always said he was a shitty gameday coach, but he never, ever, ever got credit for what he did to put this team on the right track from a personnel standpoint.

And make no mistake, Herm deserves all the credit in the world for it. He could have easily asked Peterson to give him a few expensive veterans so he can save his job. Instead, he insisted on tearing the team apart even if it meant unpopularity and a losing season. The word is that he even went over Peterson's head to get to Clark himself. And he was pretty ballsy about benching a lot of veterans in favor for youth.

I said a long time ago that Herm was the perfect guy to start the rebuliding process for the Chiefs even if he wasn't the best guy to finish it. Nobody took more shit for it than me. Not even close. So it's good to see people finally come around.

milkman
09-26-2010, 08:00 PM
A lot of people's hatred for Herm made them blind to a lot of the good things he was doing for this team. I always said he was a shitty gameday coach, but he never, ever, ever got credit for what he did to put this team on the right track from a personnel standpoint.

And make no mistake, Herm deserves all the credit in the world for it. He could have easily asked Peterson to give him a few expensive veterans so he can save his job. Instead, he insisted on tearing the team apart even if it meant unpopularity and a losing season. The word is that he even went over Peterson's head to get to Clark himself. And he was pretty ballsy about benching a lot of veterans in favor for youth.

I said a long time ago that Herm was the perfect guy to start the rebuliding process for the Chiefs even if he wasn't the best guy to finish it. Nobody took more shit for it than me. Not even close. So it's good to see people finally come around.

You took shit for it from me because Herman ****ing Edwards was not the right guy to start or finish the rebuild.

He was a suckass coach and a suckass coach is not who I want to start a rebuild with.

He gets credit for getting Clark to buy into the plan, but the plan should never have included Herman ****ing Edwards.

chiefzilla1501
09-26-2010, 08:05 PM
You took shit for it from me because Herman ****ing Edwards was not the right guy to start or finish the rebuild.

He was a suckass coach and a suckass coach is not who I want to start a rebuild with.

He gets credit for getting Clark to buy into the plan, but the plan should never have included Herman ****ing Edwards.

Given that the Chiefs hired Herm to be a long-term answer, yes. And I mentioned many times that Herm was hired because of Peterson croneyism, just as I still strongly believe was the reason Gunther and Solari were hired to be coordinators (even though a lot of people disagree with me on that point... oh well).

But once hired, he ended up being the perfect guy to start the rebuild. I don't know how many coaches would have had the guts to stand up to a tenured GM like Carl Peterson and insist upon the youth movement as he did. Granted, you'd love to have a guy like Bellichick who would have the balls to do that and would be able to start and finish the rebuild, but in our case, I think we got a little lucky that a bad coach ended up being pretty good for our situation. And that we had a good out so that a good Herm 9-7 season wouldn't stand as an excuse to keep him around.

googlegoogle
09-27-2010, 03:03 AM
This is classy football.

stay classy.

Psyko Tek
09-27-2010, 03:23 AM
Herm helped get rid of Carl

that's enough right there