PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs No Love from the national media

chris
09-26-2010, 05:28 PM
Football Night in America: Harrison states that even with 3 wins, Chiefs don't make the playoffs.

Early in the season, but is anyone else in the AFC West playing better?

grandllama
09-26-2010, 05:28 PM
fuck Harrison. let us fly under the radar for as long as possible.

mlyonsd
09-26-2010, 05:30 PM
Well duh.

cabletech94
09-26-2010, 05:32 PM
harrison who?

Slayer Diablo's Brother
09-26-2010, 05:32 PM
I don't think he represents the national media, and wouldn't really care if he did... I don't know why Chiefs fans would expect national media love at 3-0, given they don't exactly have a history of meeting or exceeding expectations.

BigMeatballDave
09-26-2010, 05:37 PM
Who cares? This teams looks very good, but I'm still waiting for the other shoe to drop.

keg in kc
09-26-2010, 05:42 PM
It's going to take time. This is a franchise that won a total of 10 games from 2007 until 2009.

DaFace
09-26-2010, 05:43 PM
I'm still not ready to crown the Chiefs a playoff team either. :shrug:

donkhater
09-26-2010, 05:44 PM
While I'm not ready to crown this team, I can't see how anyone who has looked at this team and their schedule this year can say with that amount of certainty that KC will not make the playoffs.

Can they? Yes.

Will they? It's week 3. Who knows?

Huffman83
09-26-2010, 05:45 PM
But you know...there isn't a team in the NFL that has KC on their schedule thinking "That's an easy win." at this time.

kysirsoze
09-26-2010, 05:46 PM

It's not that he said he wouldn't crown them. He said they WILL NOT make the playoffs. I don't really care though. Harrison's a dickhead anyway. No one said we'd be 3-0 either. Guess we'll see.

Huffman83
09-26-2010, 05:47 PM
They could go to the Superbowl and a percentage of us will still say "When is the other shoe going to drop?"

We've just all been burned a lot when they've done well and frustrated when there's promise but still lost.

notorious
Jim Rome said that the NFL was just "better" when the Chiefs are winning.

That's something.

dtebbe
All I know is one thing is back in KC....

D

DaneMcCloud
09-26-2010, 05:48 PM
This is a fucking dumb thread.

Peter King has been a HUGE advocate of the Chiefs this year and Don Banks wrote an article in SI just this past week praising the Chiefs and their apparent road back to respectability.

Schefter complimented the Chiefs today and Mort has done the same.

Fuck Rodney Harrison.

grandllama
09-26-2010, 05:48 PM

D

Hey! We were talking about you a few weeks ago at the bash... how you doing buddy?

grandllama
09-26-2010, 05:50 PM
They could go to the Superbowl and a percentage of us will still say "When is the other shoe going to drop?"

We've just all been burned a lot when they've done well and frustrated when there's promise but still lost.

Which, conversely, means we don't know how to handle ourselves when the kids are playing above their heads...

Either way, its fun. Enjoy it. Been too long.

DaneMcCloud
09-26-2010, 05:51 PM
Harrison just recanted.

Dumb fucking thread.

CaliforniaChief
09-26-2010, 05:52 PM
Yeah who cares what people think? We've got a lot of work to do in order to undo the crap we've fielded.

the Talking Can
09-26-2010, 05:53 PM
they just showed moeaki for the second time

patrick about came on both calls

FD
Maeoki's catch was just the "McDonald's Value Play of the Day", whatever the **** that is, on Football Night in America.

dtebbe
Hey! We were talking about you a few weeks ago at the bash... how you doing buddy?

Doing good, still just as big of a dipshit, asshole, dumbass, etc as ever :)

And Rot-ney Harrison just said he might have to reconsider ROFL

DT

Guru
Who cares what Harrison says anyway?

DaneMcCloud
09-26-2010, 05:58 PM
Who cares what Harrison says anyway?

Well, he later recanted.

So we ARE a playoff team.

Guru
09-26-2010, 06:00 PM
Well, he later recanted.

So we ARE a playoff team.

Let me do this for you Dane.

No, we aren't. Not yet anyway.:D

The Bad Guy
09-26-2010, 06:02 PM
They have a 3 game lead over San Diego right now.

If the Chiefs can split one with Houston or Indy, and then take both back-to-back home games on the return, I don't see how a single team in this division could catch them.

I don't care about the respect. Fuck them. The respect is earned with the opponent by beating their fucking heads in like they did today.

Valiant
I would love playoffs this year.. But it all depends on Cassel..

Still too early in the season..

rockymtnchief

D

I still expect Denvers D to be better. They have 7 Pro Bowlers on their line and 6 Pro Bowl DB's. They're just to busy, at the moment, massaging Morenos sore ass on the sideline. -Twatter6742

Paniero
09-26-2010, 06:03 PM
Fcuk 'em.

I can't recall KC ever getting a lot of positive media attention, except for a couple of Midwest regional SI covers.

I don't blame the sports media. Why pay attention to KC with their lack of playoff sucess? I don't need a sportscaster to validate my feelings about today's game. I'm happy with the win.

DaneMcCloud
09-26-2010, 06:20 PM

If the Chiefs can split one with Houston or Indy, and then take both back-to-back home games on the return, I don't see how a single team in this division could catch them.

I don't care about the respect. Fuck them. The respect is earned with the opponent by beating their fucking heads in like they did today.

The Chiefs will be at worst, 3-2 before facing Jacksonville, Buffalo and Oakland.

I think that 5-2 is a reasonable expectation and the schedule is a little easier down the stretch.

This *may* be a playoff team.

LaChapelle
09-26-2010, 06:22 PM
Chiefs 3-0
Chargers Browns 49ers 1-8

BigRedChief
09-26-2010, 06:23 PM
I'm still not ready to crown the Chiefs a playoff team either. :shrug:This.

We are denfitely heading in the right direction. But, we haven't arrived yet. The records of the teams we have beaten is a combined 1-8.

GloryDayz
09-26-2010, 06:24 PM
With cASSHOLE at the wheel, I can see how they might still have questions. If he starts being a football player, a QB, smart (!!!!), perhaps his lack of athletisism and inability to throw a "good" ball won't matter (as much)... But at 3-0, they're going to have to change their tune soon, or risk sounding the fool...

DaneMcCloud
09-26-2010, 06:35 PM
This.

We are denfitely heading in the right direction. But, we haven't arrived yet. The records of the teams we have beaten is a combined 1-8.

The record is somewhat meaningless, considering the Chiefs contributed to that record.

The bottom line is that they're winning games that most pundits didn't think they'd win.

Guru
09-26-2010, 06:46 PM
The record is somewhat meaningless, considering the Chiefs contributed to that record.

The bottom line is that they're winning games that most pundits didn't think they'd win.

This. We were picked to lose all three games.

REDHOTGTO
09-26-2010, 07:27 PM
hell we did'nt get any love even at 9-0 , so why any now?

stevieray
09-26-2010, 07:27 PM

disagree. even more reason to raise some eyebrows.

Bane
09-26-2010, 07:29 PM
hell we did'nt get any love even at 9-0 , so why any now?

:thumb:

Claynus
09-26-2010, 07:31 PM

Houston's defense is terrible. Just dreadful. 2nd to last in the NFL in yards per play.

We can take them.

CosmicPal
09-26-2010, 07:37 PM
As long as the Chiefs continue to play good D, run the ball well, and get good field position with their special teams, there is nothing to say they can't win games- even with a mediocre QB at the helm. As for the national media- who cares what they think? They're still in love with Favre, Vick, and the 1-2 Cowboys.

What kills me is that I saw the Geico Play-of-the-Day and it was a simple TD pass thrown by Charlie Batch. Apparently that was more difficult than the triple player razzle dazzle bomb the Chiefs pulled off today. :rolleyes:

Psyko Tek
09-26-2010, 07:41 PM
harrison who?

HArrison Ford
that bastard has always hated KC

notorious
09-26-2010, 07:46 PM
What kills me is that I saw the Geico Play-of-the-Day and it was a simple TD pass thrown by Charlie Batch. Apparently that was more difficult than the triple player razzle dazzle bomb the Chiefs pulled off today. :rolleyes:

The Moeoki catch should be the number one catch of the weekend. That was truely amazing.

black angus
09-26-2010, 07:47 PM
Ex-Charger Rodney Harrison.

notorious
09-26-2010, 07:52 PM
Ex-Charger Rodney Harrison.

He is the one player I did not feel bad for when he had his arm snapped in half a few years ago.

His cocksuckery is immense.

Mr. Arrowhead
09-26-2010, 07:53 PM
I rather be under the radar

notorious
09-26-2010, 07:53 PM
His one who sucks the penisy is immense.

JFC The filter is just, uhhhhhh..... ROFL :facepalm:

runnercyclist
09-26-2010, 07:54 PM
What kills me is that I saw the Geico Play-of-the-Day and it was a simple UNDERTHROWN TD pass thrown by Charlie Batch. Apparently that was more difficult than the triple player razzle dazzle bomb the Chiefs pulled off today. :rolleyes:

FYP

DaneMcCloud
09-26-2010, 07:55 PM
Seriously, this is the dumbest fucking thread, EVER.

Rodney Harrison does NOT represent the "national media".

:shake:

beach tribe
09-26-2010, 08:07 PM

Me either. Not yet, but I sure hope.
I won't give them that, but I'll give them the fact that they have made massive strides. Just the discipline, and TACKLING. Holy shit our team is TACKLING. Not flying towards people, and waving at them as they just step to the side, or throwing an arm out as they over run guys.
They are breaking down, dropping their hips, and driving through people.
Damn is was beautiful to watch. Hell, I welled up for a second. That stuff has been hard to watch for so long.

dilligaf
09-26-2010, 08:08 PM
Who cares? This teams looks very good, but I'm still waiting for the other shoe to drop.

This.

Slayer Diablo's Brother
09-26-2010, 08:12 PM
Has anyone seen DaneMcCloud? I'd like to get his opinion on this thread.

RJ
09-26-2010, 08:17 PM
Maeoki's catch was just the "McDonald's Value Play of the Day", whatever the **** that is, on Football Night in America.

Finally, a Chief makes the McDonald's Value Play of the Day!

It's been a long time coming.

KcMizzou
09-26-2010, 08:18 PM
Has anyone seen DaneMcCloud? I'd like to get his opinion on this thread.He never shows up when the Chiefs win. If they'd lost, he'd post the same thing in this thread multiple times.

Frankie
09-26-2010, 08:27 PM
let us fly under the radar for as long as possible.

This. And let's not forget last year's Donkos.

Frankie
09-26-2010, 08:29 PM

:D

The legend of the long suffering Chiefs fan.

;)

DaneMcCloud
09-26-2010, 08:31 PM
He never shows up when the Chiefs win. If they'd lost, he'd post the same thing in this thread multiple times.

LMAO

Seriously peeps, who cares?

ENJOY VICTORY!!

WilliamTheIrish
09-26-2010, 08:35 PM
On the Geico Play Of The Day, the best part was watching Aquib Talib knock the ball into Wallace's hands. Batch really had very little to do with the TD.

RustShack
09-26-2010, 08:40 PM
A top running game and top defense gets you into the Playoffs... and even Super Bowl(sometimes). We have that(well at least through three weeks).

The Chiefs are 3-0 right now, the rest of the AFC West is 1-2. We are looking pretty good. Not saying it will happen, but having an extra week to prepare for the Colts is really helping the stars align for another "National Shocker" like the Monday Night game.

jAZ
09-26-2010, 09:53 PM
Football Night in America: Harrison states that even with 3 wins, Chiefs don't make the playoffs.

I watched the NFL Networks NFL Game Day Highlights show for over an hour. They showed the Cowboys, Vikings and several other games twice during that time. They never showed the Chiefs highlights even once.

jAZ
09-26-2010, 09:54 PM
I don't expect anyone, including the media, to buy into the Chiefs in the playoffs in 2010. But they shouldn't be ignoring the team along the say.

KCSupersized
09-26-2010, 10:26 PM
Personally i like the spotlight elsewhere.

Guru
09-26-2010, 10:41 PM
spotlight coming up on NFL Network

clyde05
09-27-2010, 01:12 AM
be interesting to see how much they favor indy over kc by. I dont see anybody on colts coming out and talking like vernon davis did

Bob Dole
09-27-2010, 08:10 AM
Peter King actually has quite a bit to say in this morning's column.
Posted via Mobile Device

Hug it Out Dan
09-27-2010, 08:14 AM
These kind of threads really need to stop.

The Chiefs are 3-0, but we're still not one of the top 15 teams in the league.

This is a team located in a small market area, and a team that has won a few games in the past 2 seasons.

Not to mention in the grand scheme of things we haven't done shit since 2003. And people even bitched then.

We're not in NY/east coast, our owner isn't Jerry Jones, we don't have any Mannings or Brett Favre, we don't have a TO/Ocho Cinco. We aren't going to have a lot of national media love unless we REALLY go on some kinda run. Which i doubt that happens.

Alton deFlat
09-27-2010, 08:17 AM

What the hell is Harrison Ford doing analyzing football?

chiefsnorth
09-27-2010, 08:25 AM
Who gives a rat's ass? Who cares about "love" from the "national media"?

The front office disregards the media and everyone else should too. This business is done on the field and nothing else matters.

Who cares what these has-beens say, who were watching other games and probably didn't even see ours?

Warrior5
09-27-2010, 08:40 AM

And we'll probably be picked to lose the next two. I love it.

Love from the national media is overrated, and piss on Harrison...

gblowfish
09-27-2010, 09:35 AM
If I ever meet Rodney Harrison, I'm going to cheap shot him in the knees.

Pestilence
09-27-2010, 09:39 AM
The Chiefs will be at worst, 3-2 before facing Jacksonville, Buffalo and Oakland.

I think that 5-2 is a reasonable expectation and the schedule is a little easier down the stretch.

This *may* be a playoff team.

I honestly see us beating all three of those teams.

The Jaguars are playing horribly with Garrard at QB. The Bills are the Bills....although they did play well against the Pats yesterday. And the Raiders aren't playing up to their expectations.

I definitely see 6-2 after the first 8 games.

Detoxing
09-27-2010, 09:50 AM
Peter King actually has quite a bit to say in this morning's column.
Posted via Mobile Device

Link?

Frankie
09-27-2010, 11:11 AM
I watched the NFL Networks NFL Game Day Highlights show for over an hour. They showed the Cowboys, Vikings and several other games twice during that time. They never showed the Chiefs highlights even once.

And when they show highlights at all, it has usually been one play. It's shameful. After the Dallas game they showed a whole game's worth of highlights. Afterwards one their announcers said something close to this:

"And so Dallas's march for the SuperBowl has begun!" It made me puke in my mouth. :shake:

Frankie
09-27-2010, 11:14 AM
These kind of threads really need to stop.

The Chiefs are 3-0, but we're still not one of the top 15 teams in the league.

This is a team located in a small market area, and a team that has won a few games in the past 2 seasons.

Not to mention in the grand scheme of things we haven't done shit since 2003. And people even bitched then.

We're not in NY/east coast, our owner isn't Jerry Jones, we don't have any Mannings or Brett Favre, we don't have a TO/Ocho Cinco. We aren't going to have a lot of national media love unless we REALLY go on some kinda run. Which i doubt that happens.

DEBBY DOWNER!!!!

Frankie
09-27-2010, 11:16 AM
Who gives a rat's ass? Who cares about "love" from the "national media"?

The front office disregards the media and everyone else should too. This business is done on the field and nothing else matters.

Who cares what these has-beens say, who were watching other games and probably didn't even see ours?

Some of us couldn't catch the game on the tube. Some caught a stream that won't let you re-watch the excitement. Highlights are our only chance to watch the exciting part of the game. That's why we are bitching about the National media.

PunkinDrublic
09-27-2010, 11:18 AM
If I wanted to root for an underachieving media darling I'd become a Cowgirl fan.

Calcountry
09-27-2010, 11:20 AM
I'm still not ready to crown the Chiefs a playoff team either. :shrug:I am getting tempted to pull the trigger on a Sunday ticket deal though.

Then again, I have 2 more games with the raiders for free, and any other national games, which, with them being 3-0, the odds go way up. Fug Directv, I'm keeping my money.

CHIEF4EVER
09-27-2010, 11:25 AM
WGAS what Harrison thinks? I am enjoying my team winning while it lasts. Lord knows it has been a long time since I was able to do that.

redngold85
09-27-2010, 11:53 AM
I have to admit I was kinda expecting a "what's going on in the AFC West? that's right, the Chiefs are 2 games up on the rest of the division! WTF? discuss for 5 minutes" kind of segment on the Blitz or NFL Network, but all I saw were highlights of KC's 3 TDs...

I'm not pissy about it and really would rather not have any media hype surrounding this team right now, but at the same time, it was a little disappointing. I don't expect them to get a lot of love anyway, so whatever, but a multi-play in depth analysis of the Rams/Redskins game? come on....

alpha_omega
09-27-2010, 11:58 AM
This just in....Football Night in America is the WORST pregame/highlights show on television.

El Jefe
09-27-2010, 12:08 PM
But you know...there isn't a team in the NFL that has KC on their schedule thinking "That's an easy win." at this time.

And this is what I absolutely love.

redngold85
09-27-2010, 12:12 PM
This just in....Football Night in America is the WORST pregame/highlights show on television.

oh absolutely...especially Dungy...worst, most awkward analyst I can remember

especially when they give him the controls of the replay teleprompter thingy

DP: "and what happened here Coach?"

Dungy: "well you see here *SUPER FASTFORWARD/REVERSE/REVERSE/FASTFORWARD/FORWARD/ stop....... REWIND/FASTFORWARD/circle something/FASTFORWARD/REWIND/REVERSE/FASTFORWARD...and then Peyton takes a 5-step drop"

Pants
09-27-2010, 12:16 PM
oh absolutely...especially Dungy...worst, most awkward analyst I can remember

especially when they give him the controls of the replay teleprompter thingy

DP: "and what happened here Coach?"

Dungy: "well you see here *SUPER FASTFORWARD/REVERSE/REVERSE/FASTFORWARD/FORWARD/ stop....... REWIND/FASTFORWARD/circle something/FASTFORWARD/REWIND/REVERSE/FASTFORWARD...and then Peyton takes a 5-step drop"

LMAO

Oh Snap
09-27-2010, 12:23 PM
Chiefs 3-0

Better than being 0-3
and...chargers, browns, 49ers being 4-5

Im not going to crown this team yet. They still have a lot to prove imo. But, arnt good teams supposed to make teams like the 9ers look bad? Id say we did what any "good" team would do to a lesser opponent. Stomp em...

Windcatcher
09-27-2010, 12:28 PM
Media bias will always keep Chiefs Nation from getting any love. As long as there is a hard on for the 'boys and the Jets we'll just keep on winning until they no longer can sweep us under the rug. I like staying under the radar for as long as possible.

DaneMcCloud
09-27-2010, 12:31 PM
Media bias will always keep Chiefs Nation from getting any love. As long as there is a hard on for the 'boys and the Jets we'll just keep on winning until they no longer can sweep us under the rug. I like staying under the radar for as long as possible.

Who's "radar"?

Do you think that opposing teams and players haven't noticed that the Chiefs are 3-0?

Mr. Flopnuts
09-27-2010, 12:35 PM

That's disingenuous. He was giving us props when he said he still didn't think we'd make the playoffs. It's not like the guy was just bagging on us.

I do find it curious that our easy ass schedule isn't coming into play for anyone. I see us at 6-2 at the turn, provided that we rebound from Indy, and Houston the way we'll need too. No reason to think this team can't go 10-6 at this point. We've already sketched out 2 wins I didn't see us getting before the season started and I thought we'd go 8-8 the whole time.

DaneMcCloud
09-27-2010, 12:40 PM
That's disingenuous. He was giving us props when he said he still didn't think we'd make the playoffs. It's not like the guy was just bagging on us.

I do find it curious that our easy ass schedule isn't coming into play for anyone. I see us at 6-2 at the turn, provided that we rebound from Indy, and Houston the way we'll need too. No reason to think this team can't go 10-6 at this point. We've already sketched out 2 wins I didn't see us getting before the season started and I thought we'd go 8-8 the whole time.

If Weis can continue to design a game plan that minimizes Cassel's deficiencies and puts him in a position to "win" each week, this team may shock us all and go 12-4.

Cassel is the key and he's definitely improve one aspect of his game this season: Instead of taking the sack, he's throwing the ball away, which preserves field position.

Mr. Flopnuts
09-27-2010, 12:41 PM
If Weis can continue to design a game plan that minimizes Cassel's deficiencies and puts him in a position to "win" each week, this team may shock us all and go 12-4.

Cassel is the key and he's definitely improve one aspect of his game this season: Instead of taking the sack, he's throwing the ball away, which preserves field position.

Absolutely. I'm shocked as hell that coaching seems to be taking us as far as it is. Especially on defense. This is turning into a fun little ride.

DaneMcCloud
09-27-2010, 12:47 PM
Absolutely. I'm shocked as hell that coaching seems to be taking us as far as it is. Especially on defense. This is turning into a fun little ride.

I'm not surprised offensively because the Chiefs added one of the best offensive minds of this generation, along with a 1,400 yard RB and a super-weapon in McCluster.

But the defense is shocking the living hell out of me. I don't know how Crennel and Pleasant have done it. They've taken a defense that's had four different defensive coordinators and resided in that Bottom Five of ALL NFL defenses for a decade, and suddenly have them playing Championship Football while stopping the run.

It's amazing.

CupidStunt
09-27-2010, 12:54 PM
I see us at 6-2 at the turn, provided that we rebound from Indy, and Houston the way we'll need too.

They should crush Buffalo and Jacksonvile, for sure, but the rebounding part is very important IMO. The staff has been A+ so far, but, assuming they lose to Houston and Indy, they've got to get these guys firing on all cylinders against Buffalo. 4-2 is sweet and they can roll from there. 3-3 with an epic choke to maybe the worst team in the league is probably too much to recover from and would crush the team's, and fanbase's, morale, IMO.

Frankie
09-27-2010, 01:02 PM
If I wanted to root for an underachieving media darling I'd become a Cowgirl fan.

This is a good point.

Mr. Flopnuts
09-27-2010, 01:06 PM
They should crush Buffalo and Jacksonvile, for sure, but the rebounding part is very important IMO. The staff has been A+ so far, but, assuming they lose to Houston and Indy, they've got to get these guys firing on all cylinders against Buffalo. 4-2 is sweet and they can roll from there. 3-3 with an epic choke to maybe the worst team in the league is probably too much to recover from and would crush the team's, and fanbase's, morale, IMO.

Which would be fantastic, except that we have Jacksonville first. I'm not sold on them being a good team at all, and if we bottle up MJD, they're fucking done. Quickly. But they are definitely better than Buffalo and will be a stiff test coming off of what I assume will be back to back losses.

Buffalo, if we beat Jacksonville, becomes a trap game. It's fun thinking about how this whole season could play out.

Frankie
09-27-2010, 01:09 PM
Who's "radar"?

Do you think that opposing teams and players haven't noticed that the Chiefs are 3-0?

I can somewhat see his POV, in the sense that additional apple polishing by the media can add incentive to those teams when they face us.

Brainiac
09-27-2010, 01:17 PM
Chiefs 3-0
So? Are you saying that the Chargers and 49ers suck?

You've got to give the Chiefs credit for totally dominating a team that everybody thought would be a playoff contender this year. It was an ass-kicking.

Does it mean they'll go 12-4? No. But they're not going 3-13 either. Right now they look like a 10-6 team to me, and that usually means playoffs. And if you sneak into the playoffs, anything can happen. Look at how the Jets did last year despite Sanchez being a horrible regular season quarterback.

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-27-2010, 01:18 PM
I still expect Denvers D to be better. They have 7 Pro Bowlers on their line and 6 Pro Bowl DB's. They're just to busy, at the moment, massaging Morenos sore ass on the sideline. -Twatter6742

ROFL

As long as the Chiefs continue to play good D, run the ball well, and get good field position with their special teams, there is nothing to say they can't win games- even with a mediocre QB at the helm. As for the national media- who cares what they think? They're still in love with Favre, Vick, and the 1-2 Cowboys.

Man you aren't lying. I swear to God the NFL Network should just have a separate channel devoted to Favre and those fucking, cocksucker Cowboys. New Orleans doesn't even get as much face time as those two idiots! It's absolutely ridiculous, and they seem to be forgetting that there are 30 other teams in this league, and that I pay a premium to watch their stupid horseshit network.
THIS is why I didn't want that gimpy, purple-wearing cocksucker back in the league this year; the motherfucker is an air-time black hole and if he leaves the league on a stretcher, I won't shed one fucking tear.

Color me dazzled on that count too.:clap:@Weis/Crennel/Hailey FTMFW.

Dave Lane
09-27-2010, 01:21 PM
IF we beat Indy I'll give us a strong chance of making the playoffs. Till then I just hope to see growth this year.

Mr. Flopnuts
09-27-2010, 01:37 PM
It will be nearly impossible to go into Indianapolis and steal that game. It would be hard enough to take it in Arrowhead, but the idea of sauntering into Peyton's house and robbing that team blind (they're worse this year, but not that much) is a tall task to ask of a young football team like this.

Just I like I said San Fran would look like they did in Seattle, rather than they did on Monday night against us yesterday, I'm going to say we'll look more like we did in Cleveland, than we did yesterday against San Fran. It's a road game, against a good team, and perhaps the best QB in the league. We're young. Let's not get too far ahead of ourselves here.

That said, nothing's impossible.

kaplin42
09-27-2010, 02:19 PM
Let me do this for you Dane.

No, we aren't. Not yet anyway.:D

This!

We could make the playoffs this year, but i don't think we would last long. Still would be a good experience for the young kids on the team.

I think if we can get a QB, we own.

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-27-2010, 02:22 PM
It will be nearly impossible to go into Indianapolis and steal that game. It would be hard enough to take it in Arrowhead, but the idea of sauntering into Peyton's house and robbing that team blind (they're worse this year, but not that much) is a tall task to ask of a young football team like this.

Just I like I said San Fran would look like they did in Seattle, rather than they did on Monday night against us yesterday, I'm going to say we'll look more like we did in Cleveland, than we did yesterday against San Fran. It's a road game, against a good team, and perhaps the best QB in the league. We're young. Let's not get too far ahead of ourselves here.

That said, nothing's impossible.

Maybe I'm just tired of being cautious after all these losing years, but I know this:

If Indy approaches and plays this game with ANY sense of entitlement, if Manning can't get himself and his team up to match or exceed the hunger and passion of a young Chiefs team fired-up; we will ABSOLUTELY win this game, ugly or not.