PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs My impressions

The Bad Guy
09-26-2010, 06:24 PM
My first trip back in 5 years to Arrowhead, and I'm impressed as hell with the upgrades. The Chiefs hall of fame exhibit is incredible and a must see.

Now onto the game...

-Charlie Weis did a great job today keeping the 49ers off balance. When you have an attacking, fast defense like SF, you have to keep them on their heels. He did that from the wildcat, to the wild cat pass from Cassel, to the effective way he used both Jamaal and Thomas.

-Whatever they are paying Romeo, it's not enough. He's done a masterful job with Anthony Pleasant coaching this defensive line. Shaun Smith is stout as hell against the run. Ron Edwards is dominating the point of attack and Dorsey is playing lights out.

-The offensive line has become a strength. Lilja is playing incredible, B-Rich should never give up his starting spot to O'shitbag when he's finally healthy. Albert is playing great football (fuck you Saccoshit).

-The special teams combinations from the kicker, return men and punter are probably the best in the NFL.

-Haley is coaching like a 10 year vet. He's poised, prepared and has an incredible staff around him.

I'm really, really proud. This was the finest coaching performance I've seen since I've been a fan.

Indy is going to be a dogfight. They need to lock Flowers on Wayne and jam the hell out of Collie at the line. The Chiefs can attack that offensive line. Romeo knows how to gameplan for Peyton, it's just going to be execution.

For the first time in forever, I feel we have a coaching advantage just about every week.

munkey
09-26-2010, 06:26 PM
For the first time in forever, I feel we have a coaching advantage just about every week.

I agree 100%

runnercyclist
09-26-2010, 06:28 PM
Slanted...but well said. I agree with all of that.

tyler360
09-26-2010, 06:29 PM
I was also at the game.

I feel the same way about coaching. The punt fake that cost them the timeouts was a brilliant move.

Also Moekai has some crazy good hands.

siberian khatru
09-26-2010, 06:46 PM
For years we've been saying "We just need to get good coaches, we just need to get good coaches." Each coaching change was met with optimism -- "Well, he can't be any worse than the last guy."

Often, he was. Or certainly not appreciably better.

Finally, it looks like we got better coaching.

RINGLEADER
09-26-2010, 06:52 PM
I think another trait that this team has exhibited every game so far is the ability to out-adjust the other team... The coaching has been solid (though I'd still like to see more Jamaal Charles)...

ChiefsCountry
09-26-2010, 06:54 PM
On the defense, we have 3 former head coaches on the staff. That makes a big difference and it shows.

The Bad Guy
09-26-2010, 07:08 PM
I think another trait that this team has exhibited every game so far is the ability to out-adjust the other team... The coaching has been solid (though I'd still like to see more Jamaal Charles)...

I'm glad to see your still alive. Shoot me a PM when you get a chance.

Rukdafaidas
09-26-2010, 07:19 PM
-Haley is coaching like a 10 year vet. He's poised, prepared and has an incredible staff around him.

One thing I didn't notice, until a friend pointed it out, was that Haley wasn't even wearing a headset.

Coach
09-26-2010, 08:03 PM
One thing I didn't notice, until a friend pointed it out, was that Haley wasn't even wearing a headset.

Yeah, I noticed that too. Made me wonder at times.

philfree
09-26-2010, 08:08 PM

I saw him wearing one. A head set. He he covered his mic and yelled at someone on the field.

PhilFree:arrow:

FAX
09-26-2010, 08:09 PM

He did in the beginning ... took it off when we took the commanding lead.

FAX