PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Chiefs Defense...Fluke or For Real??

petegz28
09-26-2010, 06:28 PM
I say for real. How long does one need to go into the regular season before you call something legit?

Throughout the pre-season, despite the babblings of people like Kent Babb, the defense held teams to little points. Thus far in the regular season we have allowed a total of 38 points in 3 games. For the math challenged that is a whopping 12.67 points a game. Ok, it's really 12.66666666666667.

Tons of sacks? Nope save today against SF.
Tons of turnovers? Not a ton but improved from last year.

How is it getting done? Run defense and disciplined coverage. And they are doing it with 2 rookies in the secondary.

Teams are not running the ball against the Chiefs. The secondary inspite of a few rookie mistakes is not giving up the big play and forcing a ton of checkdowns and throw-aways.
And the most improved aspect of the defense this year, imo, is tackling. These guys are not just tackling they are hitting. They look like the Chiefs of old. Controlled Chaos is how I describe the defense right now.

Now granted we have not faced offensive powers except for the Chargers and it was on a rainy, sloppy field. But even then and even when it wasn't raining San Diego was not running on the Chiefs and were pressuring Rivers fairly regularly.

Today facing what Brian Billick called "the most respected RB in the NFL" in Frank Gore the Chiefs shut the door on him. Sf coming off a terrific game against the Saints had high hopes of picking on an overrated 2-0 team in the Chiefs and they found that maybe the Chiefs aren't quite so overrated? Especially on defense.

I say this defense if for real. I think we will see the sacks continue to come though sacks are not always as important as getting the QB to force a bad decision which can easily end up in the hands of Brandon Flowers.

DJ right now is playing at a levle that would put him up among the top LB's in the game today. Flowers is arguably one of the best CB's in the league.

The Bad Guy
09-26-2010, 06:36 PM
They have an insanely established coordinator.

They have talent defensively.

You have one or 2 fluke weeks. However, when you kick the shit out of an offense that has some big time players like the 49ers, there's no fluke.

Chiefs defense is playing lights out.

siberian khatru
09-26-2010, 06:43 PM
For real.

In Romeo I trust.

Bane
09-26-2010, 06:45 PM
Looks good so far.All I can say.

chiefzilla1501
09-26-2010, 06:48 PM
The defense is most definitely for real.

I still think our lack of a pass rusher is going to be the difference in many of our games. I think our run D is going to be solid all year long.

I think we end the season in the top 15. And that's perfectly fine with me. I also think that against teams like Indy and Houston with outstanding passing attacks, I could see us playing much more of a bend-dont-break defense. We'll give up quite a few yards, but I think it's very possible we can keep teams like that to a respectable point total.

Red Dawg
09-26-2010, 06:48 PM
Romey has pulled nothing short of a miracle so far. This defense was crap last season and now we have 3 rookies in the secondary and all of a sudden Dorsey and DJ look like bad asses. This guys kicked ass.

Terribilis
09-26-2010, 06:49 PM
they are making tackles. amazing what that alone does for a defense.

Reaper16
09-26-2010, 06:51 PM
I'm tempted to say "for real." They might return back to the mean as teams learn how to gameplay against them. But they won't suck this season. I have real confidence in Romeo's ability to coach this defensive line.

DeezNutz
09-26-2010, 06:54 PM
It's "real," and this isn't arguable.

1. Legit coordinator.
2. Talent at all levels:
A. Dorsey has been beastly. Smith looks very promising.
B. Hali has continued to be a nice player, but DJ has elevated his game. And we're better with Belcher in the middle.
C. Flowers has continued to ascend, and our safety play, while exposed in games 1 and 2, will indeed be better. Finally, Carr continues to be an underrated player.

Overall, though, it's impossible to overstate the importance of 1.

Basileus777
09-26-2010, 06:56 PM
I don't think they are quite as good as they've looked so far. We've played two shitty teams and a one-dimensional Chargers offense that can't run the ball. There is no doubt that they are vastly improved, but I need to see how they hold up against the Colts and Texans before I crown them.

The 49ers have a poor oline, a bad QB, no legit receivers and no weapons in the passing game outside of a TE that runs a lot of seam routes (and has bad hands).

threebag
09-26-2010, 06:58 PM
All I know now is I am excited about our next games again.

dirk digler
09-26-2010, 06:59 PM
Repost

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=232599

:D

keg in kc
09-26-2010, 07:04 PM
They're for real in terms of improved, but I'd be surprised if they're quite as improved statistically at year's end as they are after three games. I think they'll fall back towards the middle of the pack. Which, if today's offensive play was more of an indication of what they're capable of doing, shouldn't hurt the team very much as far as the overall picture goes.

They're very, very young, and they'll probably look it a few more times this year...

Although it was a good sign that there weren't any obvious rookie safety breakdowns today.

REDHOTGTO
09-26-2010, 07:04 PM

no shit, i'm back to being excited on sundays again !!!

Hammock Parties
09-26-2010, 07:06 PM
We're not just playing good defense.

We're playing great defense.

Big difference.

I was just browsing some stats and our two middle linebackers lead the team in tackles. That's a very good sign. Seems like in years past it was always a safety leading the Chiefs in tackles.

Basileus777
09-26-2010, 07:08 PM

Big difference.

I still need a larger sample size than 3 games, especially when two of those have been against the Browns and the 49ers at home. Hell, Denver's defense looked dominant early last year.

Hammock Parties
09-26-2010, 07:10 PM
I wonder if Dane still thinks we will end up at #25. :D

Hammock Parties
09-26-2010, 07:11 PM
I still need a larger sample size than 3 games, especially when two of those have been against the Browns and the 49ers at home. Hell, Denver's defense looked dominant early last year.

Well, yeah, but it would be different if we were playing just merely "OK" defense against these teams.

But we're not. We're flat shutting down the run and the last six quarters we throttled the passing game.

We're fucking shit up. That bodes well, to me, when we play more talented teams.

CupidStunt
09-26-2010, 07:12 PM
Every top D in the league has playmakers at all 3 levels - we FINALLY have that with Dorsey, DJ and Flowers all playing at a Pro Bowl level. Add in Hali, Berry, etc., and they're for real.

keg in kc
09-26-2010, 07:15 PM
I wonder if we'll know more about the defense 3 weeks from now, or know less.

ChiefsCountry
09-26-2010, 07:15 PM
For the most part real. We still don't have a true passrusher. Hali is a nice #2 guy but we still don't have that guy.

kysirsoze
09-26-2010, 07:16 PM

This. I'm not saying we're gonna beat Indy, but I can't wait to see how they do against a legitimate playoff contender. If we pull that one off I am officially on the "all the way" bandwagon.

Bwana
09-26-2010, 07:16 PM
For real.

In Romeo I trust.

Bingo

DaneMcCloud
09-26-2010, 07:18 PM
I wonder if we'll know more about the defense 3 weeks from now, or know less.

I'm sticking with after game eight to know for certain.

Hug it Out Dan
09-26-2010, 07:19 PM
The Chiefs are a great example that good coaching can totally make a huge difference.

Herm drafted some good players while he was here, but this team was being coached by a bunch of retarded monkeys.

It seems that this rookie class is a great one. you put good players with good coaching like what we have now, and you're going to have good results.

I don't think we'll make the playoffs, though I'm not closing the door on being optimistic either. But I do think this is the season we turn the corner. Hopefully Cassel improves because I still don't think he's the answer at QB. I hope he proves me wrong.

We have a bye week. Then play @ Indy. Their run defense is garbage. It would be nice if we could pull a Texans on them and run the ball up their ass all game. But they have Peyton Manning, it's giong to be extremely hard to win that game on the road. I just don't see it happening, but on the bright side, we're going to be in first place for at least the next couple weeks.

petegz28
09-26-2010, 07:28 PM
One thing people who wish to wait need to take note of: We have shut down teams we should have shut down. To me that is the most underrated aspect of a defense. Sure, we have played Cleveland and SF. Not offensive powers but nonetheless we didn't allow them to be against us like we would have in the past few years.

What it comes down to is did the defense play the way they should have played against the team they were playing? So far, yes.

Marcellus
09-26-2010, 07:30 PM
I'm sticking with after game eight to know for certain.

2003 we kicked ass on defense until after game 8.

That being said I am sold.

petegz28
09-26-2010, 07:31 PM
The Chiefs are a great example that good coaching can totally make a huge difference.

Herm drafted some good players while he was here, but this team was being coached by a bunch of retarded monkeys.

It seems that this rookie class is a great one. you put good players with good coaching like what we have now, and you're going to have good results.

I don't think we'll make the playoffs, though I'm not closing the door on being optimistic either. But I do think this is the season we turn the corner. Hopefully Cassel improves because I still don't think he's the answer at QB. I hope he proves me wrong.

We have a bye week. Then play @ Indy. Their run defense is garbage. It would be nice if we could pull a Texans on them and run the ball up their ass all game. But they have Peyton Manning, it's giong to be extremely hard to win that game on the road. I just don't see it happening, but on the bright side, we're going to be in first place for at least the next couple weeks.

If we win the rest of our home games we are 9-7. We have to steal 1-2 on the road, 3 if we drop one at home. We have already won 1 on the road so we are off to a good start. Defend the homefield for the rest of the season and snatch one or two more on the road and suddenly we are 11-5. I think 10-6 might win our division this year.

Tribal Warfare
09-26-2010, 07:31 PM
Derrick Johnson finally is playing ball, and he isn't on the field playing like retarded Lemur on heroine

FAX
09-26-2010, 07:33 PM

If I'm Romeo Crennel, I stress two points in preparation for the Mannings; 1) I explain to the front 7 that even Jesus cannot complete a pass planted on his ass with a 240 pound man sitting on his face and 2) I challenge this young secondary to make a name for themselves.

I imagine him showing a lot of tape on Manning picks over the next couple of weeks.

FAX

keg in kc
09-26-2010, 07:34 PM
2003 we kicked ass on defense until after game 8.

That being said I am sold.It may be hindsight clouding my memory, but I don't recall seeing anything even remotely close to the defense played the first three weeks of the season, not in 2003, or any other point from 1999 to now (I wasn't here prior to that...). Maybe a random game here and there, but never week to week.

petegz28
09-26-2010, 07:40 PM
Derrick Johnson finally is playing ball, and he isn't on the field playing like retarded Lemur on heroine

If you listened to the players throughout the pre-season they talked about how there is more "freedom" in Romeo's defense. Players are not isolated to a specific role which I take to mean they have been in the past. There is no specific "run stopper" or "cover guy". The play gets called and the players go out and execute it.

Even today the announcers kept saying how Romeo has simplified the defense. And I think that is a good thing given 2 out of the last 3 DC's we had seemed to want to over-think things and play a game of chess with the defense. Gunther I still contend might have done better had he not been forced into a Cover 2 base that Herm insisted on playing.

I think that allows players like DJ to perform better. He isn't out there thinking about, what is my role, what do I do if they run left or right, etc. He goes out there and executes the play that was called. If they run at you then you are the run stopper. If they send a guy out in coverage at you then you are the cover guy. There is not trying to match up. Just execute the job of that position for that play and let your talent do the work.

Marcellus
09-26-2010, 07:42 PM
It may be hindsight clouding my memory, but I don't recall seeing anything even remotely close to the defense played the first three weeks of the season, not in 2003, or any other point from 1999 to now (I wasn't here prior to that...). Maybe a random game here and there, but never week to week.

2003 we played good defense then Maslowski got hurt and it went totally ass backwards.

I have never sen a team get that bad that fast on defense.

milkman
09-26-2010, 07:44 PM
Mike Maslowski.

NFL's all time MVP.

kcxiv
09-26-2010, 07:55 PM
It may be hindsight clouding my memory, but I don't recall seeing anything even remotely close to the defense played the first three weeks of the season, not in 2003, or any other point from 1999 to now (I wasn't here prior to that...). Maybe a random game here and there, but never week to week.

We were pretty good in 2003. then in that 8th game Maz went down and we were NEVER the same.

jspchief
09-26-2010, 07:57 PM
I think we're legit vs the run, but I think the next few weeks we're going to be exposed in the passing game. I'm not sold on our pass rush, and I think we're going to take a beating in nickel and dime packages against the better QBs in the league. Remember, when the rain stopped, Rivers started carving our secondary up.

Priest31kc
09-26-2010, 08:05 PM
I think we're legit vs the run, but I think the next few weeks we're going to be exposed in the passing game. I'm not sold on our pass rush, and I think we're going to take a beating in nickel and dime packages against the better QBs in the league. Remember, when the rain stopped, Rivers started carving our secondary up.

Our secondary has been truly outstanding so far. Flowers & Carr have shut down SD, CLE & SF's WRs. They are one of the best duos in the NFL. We have 2 rookie safeties, of course they'll make some mistakes like they already have. TE's & RB's out of the backfield have really been the only thing that's hurt us.

But your right, it depends on the pass rush. Dont matter if you have 4 hall of famers back there, if you give a QB all day, especially an elite QB like Manning, Schaub, etc..they will pick us apart.

Marcellus
09-26-2010, 08:07 PM
Mike Maslowski.

NFL's all time MVP.

Lol. No but it was strange how we haven't had a good MLB since him. He seemed mediocre at the time but the defense went to shit when he got hurt.

redgoldexpress
09-26-2010, 08:16 PM
I believe our defense is real. The reason I am saying this is because of how we have played our first 3 games this season,.

Chargers: 109 yds. rushing/ 280 passing, gave up 14 points, 2 turnovers, 2 sacks "this was a ran soaked game so weather helped us out
Browns: 140 rds rushing/ 172 yds passing, gave up 14 points, 2 turnovers, 1 sack, "this was an ugly win against a backup quarterback.
49ers: 45 yds rushing/208 yds passing, gave up 10 points, 1 turnover, 5 sacks. "gave up touchdown as time expired.
Team Statistics
Chargers as of today: 4th in the league with an average of 303 yds/game passing/9th in rushing with a average of 130 yds/ game
Browns as of today: 21st in the league with an average of 197.7 yds/game passing, 13 in the league with an average of 113.7 yds/game rushing
49 ers as of today: 12th in the league with an average of 232.3 yds/game passing, 27th in the league with an average of 78.0 yds/game rushing

CHIEFS DEFENSE NUMBERS
22nd in the passing wih an average of 238.0 yds/game
6th in rushing with an average of 75 yds/ gme

philfree
09-26-2010, 08:42 PM
I believe our defense is real. The reason I am saying this is because of how we have played our first 3 games this season,.

Chargers: 109 yds. rushing/ 280 passing, gave up 14 points, 2 turnovers, 2 sacks "this was a ran soaked game so weather helped us out
Browns: 140 rds rushing/ 172 yds passing, gave up 14 points, 2 turnovers, 1 sack, "this was an ugly win against a backup quarterback.
49ers: 45 yds rushing/208 yds passing, gave up 10 points, 1 turnover, 5 sacks. "gave up touchdown as time expired.
Team Statistics
Chargers as of today: 4th in the league with an average of 303 yds/game passing/9th in rushing with a average of 130 yds/ game
Browns as of today: 21st in the league with an average of 197.7 yds/game passing, 13 in the league with an average of 113.7 yds/game rushing
49 ers as of today: 12th in the league with an average of 232.3 yds/game passing, 27th in the league with an average of 78.0 yds/game rushing

CHIEFS DEFENSE NUMBERS
22nd in the passing wih an average of 238.0 yds/game
6th in rushing with an average of 75 yds/ gme

The Browns had 73 yards rushing.

PhilFree:arrow:

KcMizzou
09-26-2010, 08:45 PM
1 game is a fluke. 3 games is a trend.

notorious
09-26-2010, 08:49 PM
They need to sign Ty Law to a one game contract.

Even though he is 89 years old and slower then a velvetta dump he would still get his token pick against Peyton.

Skyy God
09-26-2010, 09:04 PM
Legit. I understand that pre-season, to some degree, is just pre-season. But the D has played at a high level in pretty much every game under Romeo.

Total/scoring D rankings will go down, however, after the next 2 games.

redgoldexpress
09-26-2010, 09:27 PM
The Browns had 73 yards rushing.

PhilFree:arrow:

Thank you for the correction. I read the wrong column.

Valiant
09-26-2010, 09:35 PM
Crennel has done a miracle with them.. Will be interesting to see how teams attack them as we go further in the season.. Thankfully we got some pressure and sacks today, keep that up and it will not matter what the offense game plans..

FlaChief58
09-26-2010, 10:02 PM
They are deffinatly for real. Not elite yet but getting there. The 2 weeks following the bye will tell us just how good they are. Romeo has our boys on the right track.

Brock
09-26-2010, 10:03 PM
A boatload of first round picks playing up to their paychecks. It should be good. Crennel deserves all the credit, plush some more for making the Smiths and Edwards into players.

Sully
09-26-2010, 10:10 PM
I just thought of an interesting theory to add to an old one of mine...

My old theory; the plan all along was for Romeo to sit out a year. ThTs why we hire a DC that has just been fired.

Add to that; how much advantage is it to a guy to know where and who he is coaching for a full year? To be able to really sit back and process how you are going to use these tools, without having to worry about the week-to-week grind of the season? To actually have a huge knowledge base of your team, plus that added "creative thinking" time that most coaches aren't afforded? I can't think of something similar ever happening in the NFL, but it'd be, IMO, a he'll of an advantage.

Iowanian
09-26-2010, 10:11 PM
We'll sure as shit find out about this defense in the 2 weeks following the Bye. Indy and Houston BOTH have some big time offenses.

If the Chiefs can hold those teams to reasonable numbers, I'd say you have your answer.

With 2 weeks to rest and prepare for Indy, if Indy hangs 500 yards, I'd say it's been more a product of 1-8 opponents.

I do like what I've seen so far and I'm encouraged, but my bad girlfriend still doesn't let me trust her.

The Bad Guy
09-26-2010, 10:14 PM
The thing is, Manning is likely to carve us up because that's what he does to teams at home. The offense just needs to take advantage of their opportunities.

With Andre Johnson ailing, we have a real shot at beating Houston.

Hootie
09-26-2010, 10:19 PM
today was awesome...

the coaching staff showed me a ton...

That onside kick...the trick Wildcat play...omg...it was amazing

our defense is for real and I honestly think it helps having a black coordinator...an established on at that...who players will play hard for...for real. Players want to perform for Romeo...good coach...good guy...

We have heart...we have discipline...we're a GOOD football team...and very well coached.

Happiest I've been in 10 years.

Hootie
09-26-2010, 10:19 PM
I don't think we have a shot at beating Indy...not one bit...to be honest, I think we'll lose by 10+...maybe 20+

KcMizzou
09-26-2010, 10:20 PM
I'm just going to bask in the glow of sweet, sweet division leading victory over the bye week, and root against the rest of the AFCW. I'll start worrying about Indy next Monday.

Brock
09-26-2010, 10:21 PM
I don't think we have a shot at beating Indy...not one bit...to be honest, I think we'll lose by 10+...maybe 20+

Let the dream live a little bit.

Hootie
09-26-2010, 10:25 PM
Let the dream live a little bit.

I'm no mecca...

you shoulda seen me today

happiest I've been in 10 years...

our waitress came up to me when I was standing up by the TV watching the game...and told me she wished she had as much passion about something as I do with the Chiefs...says she thinks it's hilarious to watch me every week explode at the TV...

I just can't help it...

I LOVE THE CHIEFS

Coach
09-26-2010, 10:29 PM
The thing is, Manning is likely to carve us up because that's what he does to teams at home. The offense just needs to take advantage of their opportunities.

With Andre Johnson ailing, we have a real shot at beating Houston.

Is the Texan's LT also suspended for 4 games as well?

Skyy God
09-26-2010, 10:41 PM
Is the Texan's LT also suspended for 4 games as well?

Theoretically, but I'm not sure if and how long the appeal process will take.

Hammock Parties
09-26-2010, 10:41 PM
our defense is for real and I honestly think it helps having a black coordinator...an established on at that...who players will play hard for...for real. Players want to perform for Romeo...good coach...good guy...

Whitlock retired too early.

Hootie
09-26-2010, 10:44 PM
Whitlock retired too early.

I'm not kidding man...

I love the fact Romeo is awesome, and I like that he's black...

I think black players will play harder for black coaches...

I really do.

I truly think those guys don't want to let Romeo down...guys like DJ...for sure.

It's so fun to watch our defense now...knowing they can score on every play...and Flowers...wow...he very well might get the whole "Revis" treatment in the media this year...every time he made a play today I made sure to keep yelling...

D P O Y!

Hammock Parties
09-26-2010, 10:45 PM
Maybe Romeo is the father figure DJ needed.

(his pops passed away a few years ago)

Hootie
09-26-2010, 10:48 PM
I knew our run defense was going to be stout...

It wasn't NEARLY as bad last year as people wanted to think...

Saccopoo
09-26-2010, 10:51 PM
Real.

I'm still waiting for Dane to suck the big one in terms of his bashing of Romeo.

ChiefsCountry
09-26-2010, 10:52 PM
I'm no mecca...

Mecca has posted all positive today.

KcMizzou
09-26-2010, 10:52 PM
It's so fun to watch our defense now...knowing they can score on every play...and Flowers...wow...he very well might get the whole "Revis" treatment in the media this year...every time he made a play today I made sure to keep yelling...

D P O Y!I think we've seen Flowers, go from a young guy who has talent, to one of the best CB's in the league. (All in a very short span.)

The guy just gets it. He's still very young, but 90% of the time his reactions and instincts are perfect. For a corner, that's about all you can ask for.

He's a Pro Bowl quality player.... and he's going to be in KC a long time.

(So that's one thing we don't have to worry about)

Saccopoo
09-26-2010, 10:53 PM
Oh, and by the way, Brandon Flowers did a lot tonight to be considered the best cornerback in the NFL.

The fucking guy is killing shit so far this year.

tk13
09-26-2010, 10:53 PM

If Manning clowns Berry and Lewis up and down the field, probably. But if we can get Charles and Jones rolling, we can do some damage at least. We have to control the line of scrimmage.

But I'm interested in seeing how we approach Manning. Even when Crennel was in Cleveland, they'd play the Colts tough, usually end up losing some kind of 10-6 ugly slopfest. But there were still games when he was in NE where they got into a shootout. Our secondary is so inexperienced against someone like Manning, I'm afraid he's gonna get guys out of position and hit 2-3 really big plays to kill us.

Hootie
09-26-2010, 10:59 PM
If Manning clowns Berry and Lewis up and down the field, probably. But if we can get Charles and Jones rolling, we can do some damage at least. We have to control the line of scrimmage.

But I'm interested in seeing how we approach Manning. Even when Crennel was in Cleveland, they'd play the Colts tough, usually end up losing some kind of 10-6 ugly slopfest. But there were still games when he was in NE where they got into a shootout. Our secondary is so inexperienced against someone like Manning, I'm afraid he's gonna get guys out of position and hit 2-3 really big plays to kill us.

It is going to be a very hard game for me to watch...because I have more respect for Peyton than anyone...literally...

so obviously my expectations will be very low...I won't have a meltdown if/when we lose...the Colts are the cream of the crop...

but man...if we won???

holy shit

I would die from happiness.

Coach
09-26-2010, 11:00 PM

Truth. But if our O-line and D-line can be real physical like today, I like our chances. The draws/screens would be great against the aggressive Indy front 4 to neutralize them. And if we can control the LOS on defense, force them to be one dimensional, then I'll take my chances there.

crossbow
All I know is we played 3 teams and none of them set rushing or passing records by guys that came off the bench and smoked us. HUGE step forward when you consider how far this team had to improve just to get to average. Well they are much better then average. They are flat out shutting teams down.

Hootie
and P.S.

I LIIIIIKE Kendrick Lewis.

A lot.

Dave Lane
09-26-2010, 11:01 PM
I wonder if Dane still thinks we will end up at #25. :D

I'm thinking he was more like #31, you know a move from #32 :)

Hammock Parties
Kendrick Lewis is the worst tackler on the team. Before the end of the year he's gonna be cursed around here.

tk13
It is going to be a very hard game for me to watch...because I have more respect for Peyton than anyone...literally...

so obviously my expectations will be very low...I won't have a meltdown if/when we lose...the Colts are the cream of the crop...

but man...if we won???

holy shit

I would die from happiness.

Yeah, I can't say I'm expecting to win. I think we can gash them on the ground if we play our cards right. But I would almost put money that Manning gets Berry to make an over-aggressive rookie mistake at least once in the game.

Hootie
09-26-2010, 11:05 PM
yep...Manning is incredible. I won some good $$$ today on the Colts...like usual.

the Chiefs are a team that I think plays the best when they are +/- a score...they have shown they can come back from an early score and win a game...

but if the Colts get up 10-0...or 14-0...we're done/doomed...

our only shot to put any pressure on the Colts is to play with a lead...if we can get up 7-0...or 3-0...or 3-3...or 10-3...we have a shot...

if the Colts receive and score right away...game over

we won't beat Peyton if he gets a lead...I know that much

DaneMcCloud
09-26-2010, 11:06 PM
Real.

I'm still waiting for Dane to suck the big one in terms of his bashing of Romeo.

Bashing?

Excuse me?

Coach
09-26-2010, 11:07 PM
Real.

And we're still waiting for you in terms of your idea of drafting a LT, when it was obvious that it wasn't needed.

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-27-2010, 01:33 AM
They have an insanely established coordinator.

They have talent defensively.

You have one or 2 fluke weeks. However, when you kick the shit out of an offense that has some big time players like the 49ers, there's no fluke.

Chiefs defense is playing lights out.

I can't believe our D is finally back or well on it's way. This has been FOREVER in coming.

Romeo>>>>>>Anyone. :clap:

clyde05
09-27-2010, 02:21 AM
its for real and t-jack hasnt played the last 2 games so its just going to get better

RedThat
09-27-2010, 05:03 AM

Big difference.

I was just browsing some stats and our two middle linebackers lead the team in tackles. That's a very good sign. Seems like in years past it was always a safety leading the Chiefs in tackles.

Heh...At least we know guys aren't running too many long gains on us now.

notorious
09-27-2010, 07:05 AM
Indy has been beating us so long we are all afraid.

I think that NE didn't fear them the least bit. They went after Indy and kicked them in the teeth.

Fear will only lead to defeat. I hope KC does their thing and let the chips fall where they may. Get after Manning, punch him in the mouth, and after that do it again.

Just don't get beat by fear.......

black angus
09-27-2010, 08:02 AM
I was impressed by the game Ron Edwards had yesterday, The man was a rock
at the nose yesterday.

tiptap
09-27-2010, 08:49 AM
I know it is a little early to look toward Indy, but don't we have a player from that team that will be looking to make a statement and has insight into that offense?

tiptap
09-27-2010, 08:51 AM
I haven't got time yet to look again at the game but I didn't think we sent more than 4 on pass rushes very much. The real blitzes are coming in the Colts game.

HotRoute
09-27-2010, 09:12 AM
I heard here that we still need to address that crappy front 7.

ArrowheadMagic
09-27-2010, 09:14 AM
IMO, it's too early to say either way. But they are improving every week, missing far fewer tackles, better discipline, and much more physical along both lines. There are a lot of things to be excited about, but it's still early.

ModSocks
09-27-2010, 09:42 AM
Indy has been beating us so long we are all afraid.

I think that NE didn't fear them the least bit. They went after Indy and kicked them in the teeth.

Fear will only lead to defeat. I hope KC does their thing and let the chips fall where they may. Get after Manning, punch him in the mouth, and after that do it again.

Just don't get beat by fear.......

Shaun Smith needs to get after him and grab his junk. Think the NFL will get mad then?

Chief Faithful
09-27-2010, 11:50 AM
Not a fluke, but it will be interesting to see how well they do against a power house offense like the Colts.