PDA

View Full Version : Football Sam Bradford

luv
09-26-2010, 06:58 PM
All this talk of eating crow has got me thinking. I was REALLY hard on Sam Bradford entering the NFL, especially with the Rams. While I don't think he's quite lived up to that hefty paycheck, I have to say that he has proven me saying that he would suck in the NFL wrong.

Marcellus
09-26-2010, 07:00 PM
I think crow may be in order for doubters and I was one as well. He is playing excellent for a rook.

Tribal Warfare
09-26-2010, 07:03 PM
I always liked Bradford myself too

teedubya
09-26-2010, 07:06 PM
All this talk of eating crow has got me thinking. I was REALLY hard on Sam Bradford entering the NFL, especially with the Rams. While I don't think he's quite lived up to that hefty paycheck, I have to say that he has proven me saying that he would suck in the NFL wrong.

You were being hard on him? You were mostly regurgitating others thoughts. I doubt you watched much ou football.

Bane
09-26-2010, 07:08 PM
I don't like him at all,but I think he will be a very good QB.

luv
09-26-2010, 07:11 PM
You were being hard on him? You were mostly regurgitating others thoughts. I doubt you watched much ou football.

I live in SWMO. Not that far from Oklahoma. I worked with an OU fan. Not everything I do is centered around this board.

KCChiefsFan88
09-26-2010, 07:18 PM

3 games into his career and you don't think Bradford has lived up to his hefty paycheck? Explain.

He has already helped the Lambs equal their win total from last year.

Saulbadguy
09-26-2010, 07:18 PM

Solid post.

luv
09-26-2010, 07:29 PM
3 games into his career and you don't think Bradford has lived up to his hefty paycheck? Explain.

He has already helped the Lambs equal their win total from last year.

I don't think any rookie should be paid that much. I guess that's up to them, though. But $50 million guaranteed before playing a snap? Just seems stupid.

DJ's left nut
09-26-2010, 08:07 PM
I think I was driving the Bradford bandwagon when it was still possible that he would come out.

Sam Bradford is going to be an excellent QB in this league. You just cannot be that accurate that often without being a true difference maker.

Bradford is a perfect example of why you need to look beyond stats and beyond offenses to a QBs raw skill-set in college. Bradford could throw a ball through a keyhole at OU. Spread offense or no, that's a skill that will translate to any offense at any level.

In 2 years the Bradford v. Suh debate will look very very stupid.

Deberg_1990
08-29-2015, 10:49 PM
3 TDs tonight.

How do you feel about him in Philly?
Posted via Mobile Device

RealSNR
08-29-2015, 10:52 PM
Same way I feel about Brodie Croyle

ThaVirus
08-29-2015, 10:53 PM
In 2 years the Bradford v. Suh debate will look very very stupid.

That's hilarious.

DaneMcCloud
08-29-2015, 10:57 PM
That's hilarious.

You should fuck right off.

You've never been right about anything.

Your opinions are fucking stupid and you don't even watch the games.

Fuck you. Fuck off.

ThaVirus
08-29-2015, 10:58 PM
LMAO

Stop saying that. It's not even remotely true.

19now11
08-29-2015, 10:58 PM
i always liked sam. he seems nice....

ThaVirus
08-29-2015, 10:59 PM
EVERYONE is wrong sometime. I'm on record saying I like DJ's posts. They're always well thought out and even more well-said.

Given what we know now, that declaration is pretty funny though.

crazycoffey
08-30-2015, 01:36 AM
EVERYONE is wrong sometime. I'm on record saying I like DJ's posts. They're always well thought out and even more well-said.

Given what we know now, that declaration is pretty funny though.

But to be fair, without injuries we could all have a completely different opinion of Bradford. Probably still the Rams starter. Plus he was the last first round rookie to cash in without a rookie payscale Performance should not have a payscale astrix, but it does.

I'll say this; He's looked completly different this preseason, I think that's not going out on a limb at all.

mcaj22
08-30-2015, 01:45 AM
woohoo lets brag about how good sam bradford looks against the packers 9th stringers

/cp idiots.

TimBone
08-30-2015, 01:56 AM
You should fuck right off.

Your opinions are fucking stupid and you don't even watch the games.

Fuck you. Fuck off.
Dane, my man. Calm down. You've been after Virus hardcore for weeks now. That's an odd dude to have a grudge against.

Besides, DJ's post is funny looking back on it. That's no big deal. Everyone is wrong sometimes, and DJ is still one of the best posters here, but it's still a funny post.

-King-
08-30-2015, 02:23 AM
Dane, my man. Calm down. You've been after Virus hardcore for weeks now. That's an odd dude to have a grudge against.

Besides, DJ's post is funny looking back on it. That's no big deal. Everyone is wrong sometimes, and DJ is still one of the best posters here, but it's still a funny post.

This.

ChiefRocka
08-30-2015, 07:23 AM
Prediction: Eagles O-line will be brought up on manslaughter charges week 7

Tuckdaddy
08-30-2015, 07:53 AM
He is looking sharp in Chips offense.

jspchief
08-30-2015, 08:42 AM
He is looking sharp in Chips offense.
Who hasn't?

Hootie 0.0
08-30-2015, 08:51 AM
Dane, my man. Calm down.

good luck

Pasta Giant Meatball
08-30-2015, 08:58 AM
Same board that sucked off Colt Brennan in the preseason. Guarendamtee that it was a De Berg thread too

ThaVirus
08-30-2015, 09:46 AM
But to be fair, without injuries we could all have a completely different opinion of Bradford. Probably still the Rams starter. Plus he was the last first round rookie to cash in without a rookie payscale Performance should not have a payscale astrix, but it does.

I'll say this; He's looked completly different this preseason, I think that's not going out on a limb at all.

Bradford could have looked amazing on another team that wasn't devoid of talent. He could start to look amazing now that he's in such a QB-friendly offense.

That post is still funny.

ThaVirus
08-30-2015, 09:48 AM

It's been years now that he's after me, but thanks for the black up, homie (yes, "black up", I've made you an honorary black person).

I enjoy Dane's hissy fits most of the time but sometimes he goes full retard and that just ruins the quality of the board.

SeeingRed
08-30-2015, 09:50 AM
3 TDs tonight.

How do you feel about him in Philly?
Posted via Mobile Device

I'll gladly draft him late as a sneaky #2 QB with upside if i can get him in my fantasy draft. Guy could end up as a top 5 QB in that offense.....could also get hurt....I'd say both are possible

MIAdragon
08-30-2015, 10:15 AM

It's because Virus is black.

DaneMcCloud
08-30-2015, 10:20 AM

Because for the past several weeks, he's made comments about games he's never watched. He did it Week One after the Cardinals game, making statements which weren't even remotely true because he did not even watch the game.

This kind of stuff goes on all too often around here. Someone else admitted to it this past week as well (I can't remember the user) but when I said "You haven't even watched the game" the response was "Bingo".

I'm all for good football discussion but when people are pulling shit out of their ass and not even watching games, they need to be called out for that type of dumbassery.

Hootie 0.0
08-30-2015, 10:26 AM
Because for the past several weeks, he's made comments about games he's never watched. He did it Week One after the Cardinals game, making statements which weren't even remotely true because he did not even watch the game.

This kind of stuff goes on all too often around here. Someone else admitted to it this past week as well (I can't remember the user) but when I said "You haven't even watched the game" the response was "Bingo".

I'm all for good football discussion but when people are pulling shit out of their ass and not even watching games, they need to be called out for that type of dumbassery.

kind of like when you talk about the Royals

jspchief
08-30-2015, 10:27 AM

I'm all for good football discussion but when people are pulling shit out of their ass and not even watching games, they need to be called out for that type of dumbassery.Yep. I've never had an issue with thavirus, but he seems to be on a douche crusade lately.

ThaVirus
08-30-2015, 10:40 AM
LMAO LMAO OOHHHHHHHH, LAWD!

I can't go on explaining this forever. Dane is just trying to make that a thing so he can pull it out as the ace up his sleeve in the future because he's never been able to have a solid debate with me.

I'll continue to state the real timeline so no one actually believes Dane's bullshit:

-Cardinals game was played

-The next day someone made a thread predicting the final 53 man roster

-Several posters had Da'Ron Brown on the final roster over Williams, Hammond, etc.

-I asked why so many people thought Brown deserved a roster spot over those guys

-Dane said "Well, did you watch the game?"

-I said "No, not yet."

-Dane flipped the fuck out and now claims I don't ever watch any of the games

ThaVirus
08-30-2015, 10:42 AM
Yep. I've never had an issue with thavirus, but he seems to be on a douche crusade lately.

What makes you say that?

Hootie 0.0
08-30-2015, 10:44 AM
LMAO LMAO OOHHHHHHHH, LAWD!

I can't go on explaining this forever. Dane is just trying to make that a thing so he can pull it out as the ace up his sleeve in the future because he's never been able to have a solid debate with me.

I'll continue to state the real timeline so no one actually believes Dane's bullshit:

-Cardinals game was played

-The next day someone made a thread predicting the final 53 man roster

-Several posters had Da'Ron Brown on the final roster over Williams, Hammond, etc.

-I asked why so many people thought Brown deserved a roster spot over those guys

-I said "No, not yet."

-Dane flipped the **** out and now claims I don't ever watch any of the games

don't worry

mr hypocrite offers his royals thoughts from time to time and I know he's not watching the games ...

I bet he's watched less than 2 royals games all year

jspchief
08-30-2015, 10:45 AM
What makes you say that?I just feel like a lot of your posts lately have been really douchey. I can't name a specific one. The only reason I noticed is because you usually don't come off that way.

ThaVirus
08-30-2015, 10:47 AM
The most hilarious thing is that it seems Da'Ron Brown is now a complete afterthought.

It just goes to show this board really doesn't know what the fuck it's talking about. And that's fine, but most people here speak about things with no caveats.

Stephenson has a bad game- "He sucks, probably won't make the final roster, Jeff Allen will take over at RT".

Stephenson comes back and plays very well the next week- "Donald is the clear choice at RT, I don't think Allen starts on this line".

-West has three solid games against dudes that'll be bagging groceries in a couple weeks- "Davis is meh, West is Charles lite, the job is his to lose (<-seriously, that is fucking hilarious).

People here overrated the ebbs and flows of single games. That's especially troubling when you're trying to have a decent discussion after a preseason game.

ThaVirus
08-30-2015, 10:50 AM
I just feel like a lot of your posts lately have been really douchey. I can't name a specific one. The only reason I noticed is because you usually don't come off that way.

Hmmm. Idk, I certainly won't deny it. I know that a lot of the board's narratives lately have really been making me scratch my head.

I'll try and keep an eye on it, though.

Rausch
08-30-2015, 11:00 AM
I think he's a great week2week Fanduel/DraftKings guy but a horrible franchise QB.

The Iggles know he's no long term solution...

DaneMcCloud
08-30-2015, 11:01 AM

-I said "No, not yet."

-Dane flipped the fuck out and now claims I don't ever watch any of the games

I never said "Any", I said "The".

And you did the same exact thing in the Star Wars thread.

:facepalm:

Hey, I don't have a problem with you but commenting without watching is just dumb.

Dr. Pepper
08-30-2015, 11:02 AM
Wait, so you're saying Sam Bradford is the father of your unborn child?

ThaVirus
08-30-2015, 11:19 AM
I never said "Any", I said "The".

And you did the same exact thing in the Star Wars thread.

:facepalm:

Hey, I don't have a problem with you but commenting without watching is just dumb.

Here:

Because for the past several weeks, he's made comments about games he's never watched.

There was also another post in a different thread that you said I don't even watch the games and something about me watching on my cell phone, I seriously have no clue where you got that from. Those just aren't factual statements.

ThaVirus
08-30-2015, 11:21 AM
What's the Star Wars thread have to do with anything? I watched Episode IV for the first time and concluded that it was dated. You and Clay, hardcore Star Wars fantastics, flipped your shit, which was glorious. I loved doing to Clay what he does to the board. Unfortunately, I'm not as talented at trolling as he is.

rabblerouser
08-30-2015, 11:24 AM
Why would someone comment on a game they haven't seen?

ThaVirus
08-30-2015, 11:42 AM
Why would someone comment on a game they haven't seen?

Why would you comment on something you don't understand?

Coogs
08-30-2015, 12:02 PM
A thread and comment from 2010 has caused quite a reaction.

MahiMike
08-30-2015, 12:14 PM
I am absolutely loving this! I was the last guy to pick a QB in a 12 man league. He was still available in the 7th round. I was shocked. I posted on the board asking how the hell could the starting QB from the best offense in the league - you know, the one that averages 40 points per game - still be available?

I was mocked. Mocked I tell you. Chip Kelly is the Donald Trump of the NFL. Bat shit crazy. Bradford will never stay healthy.

Friday he goes 10 for 10, 120 yds and 3 TDs. In the 1st quarter!

I'm lovin' it.

Coochie liquor
08-30-2015, 12:27 PM
I am absolutely loving this! I was the last guy to pick a QB in a 12 man league. He was still available in the 7th round. I was shocked. I posted on the board asking how the hell could the starting QB from the best offense in the league - you know, the one that averages 40 points per game - still be available?

I was mocked. Mocked I tell you. Chip Kelly is the Donald Trump of the NFL. Bat shit crazy. Bradford will never stay healthy.

I'm lovin' it.

I don't think you're going to be loving it so much when he gets injured week one and is out for the rest of the season. You should never rely on Sam Brokedick

beach tribe
08-30-2015, 02:47 PM
You should **** right off.

Your opinions are ****ing stupid and you don't even watch the games.

**** you. **** off.

lol.

Dane gonna Dane.

okcchief
08-30-2015, 09:49 PM

I'm lovin' it.
Branford's problem has never been talent it's been staying on the field. I'll be surprised if he's not out for the season by week 6.

baitism
08-30-2015, 10:32 PM
http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s227/baitism/Bradford.jpg~original

DJ's left nut
08-31-2015, 09:32 AM
It would appear that I overplayed my hand a bit here, didn't I?

But hey, I was close to being right. Suh had some serious attitude issues coming out of NEB that I thought would derail him. They damn near did. Sure, that contract he just got has built him up in most places, but we're what, 24 months removed from the guy being seen as a lunatic cancer who was bringing down the Detroit defense? 3 years after my post, Suh really was on the verge of going supernova.

Moreover, I still think he's overrated as hell and Bradford had become the kind of QB I think he could have had he stayed healthy (I'm thinking a slightly more accurate version of Matt Ryan), then I think Bradford wins that one hands down.

I still think Bradford is/was one of the best pure passers I can recall seeing coming out of college. Injuries have stunted his development to the point that he'll likely never get to put that skill to full use.

In the end, only the truly elite QBs will develop regardless of their situation. A guy like Luck can go anywhere and be a badass. Meanwhile if you're in that tier of just pretty damn good, you need to get a little bit lucky. Had Bradford ended up in a situation like Ryan where he was throwing to premier weapons his entire career and was functioning behind an NFL caliber line, perhaps he develops like I thought he would.

But yeah, he clearly did not. We'll see how Philly treats him.

L.A. Chieffan
08-31-2015, 09:42 AM
If Bradford wasn't made of glass he may have been solid. Thing is tho he was hurt in college. The injuries are not something you can just write off as a fluke thing. We'll see how he does with Chip, I actually think he'll do well. That is, until he gets sacked in the first game and his head falls off.

SeeingRed
08-31-2015, 05:21 PM
why doesn't chip just bring in RG3 after Washington cuts him and roll with 5 QBs....hey if he kept Tebow or RG3 on practice squad they might just both go unclaimed lol. At least if Bradford's arm falls off you have other options than Sanchez. :shake: