PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs A piss in your Monday morning coffee

cdcox
09-27-2010, 02:21 AM
I didn't see the game because I was driving all day Sunday.

But there are more than a few reasons to take the week 3 victory over SF with a grain of salt.

1. It was one game. I'm not discounting the other two wins. I thought the week 2 win over Cleveland was gritty. But the initial reaction is that this win marks a sea-change in the outlook for the season. According to some, the expectations markedly changed after this week. I can't give that much power to any single week performance.

2. The conditions were right. We had them at home after a short week and a tough loss to the World Champs. Let's say we were scheduled to be in SF during week 2 after a short week. Let's say we gave the performance that we did against Cleveland. Let's say SF gave the performance they gave against NO. The game isn't a blow out and I'd wager SF walks away with the win.

3. Was our point production and QB play sustainable week-in-and-week-out? We had a score on a broken tackle on a swing pass, a flea-flicker and a miracle catch. Those plays aren't bread and butter. Neither were our scoring plays in week 1 and 2. I'm not arguing that those plays don't count. But what will we do the next 13 weeks to score points?

4. We've won on defense the last two weeks by stopping the run, in a passing league. Our games against Peyton Manning and Matt Schuab will answer a lot of questions in this department.

5. We still can't be considered favorites in our next two games. If they both turn up as losses and we are 3-2 is everyone going to be just as giddy? If not, you are over-valuing the W's in predicting future performance.

I'm excited to see the rest of the season unfold, mostly as a gauge of progress and the anticipated joy of watching whatever the victories we earn. But I'm not quite ready to crown our asses just yet.

keg in kc
09-27-2010, 03:24 AM
I didn't see the game because I was driving all day Sunday.So, ah, where are your questions coming from them?But there are more than a few reasons to take the week 3 victory over SF with a grain of salt.

1. It was one game. I'm not discounting the other two wins. I thought the week 2 win over Cleveland was gritty. But the initial reaction is that this win marks a sea-change in the outlook for the season. According to some, the expectations markedly changed after this week. I can't give that much power to any single week performance.I can't speak to that, I can only speak for myself, and my view of the team isn't really any different now than it was 24 hours ago.2. The conditions were right. We had them at home after a short week and a tough loss to the World Champs. Let's say we were scheduled to be in SF during week 2 after a short week. Let's say we gave the performance that we did against Cleveland. Let's say SF gave the performance they gave against NO. The game isn't a blow out and I'd wager SF walks away with the win.You can "if" and "but" your way into any conclusion you want. If having a team on a short week after a tough game means so much (and I'm not saying it means nothing), then why didn't Cleveland handle us on their home field after we played a late monday night game against a division opponent that everybody expects to be the AFCW playoff representative? Or does that not count because San Diego isn't the World Champs and we won?

Personally (and I did see the game) I think that San Francisco came in with swagger, prepared to play and confident that they would win. And we proceeded to kick them in the teeth. 3. Was our point production and QB play sustainable week-in-and-week-out? We had a score on a broken tackle on a swing pass, a flea-flicker and a miracle catch. Those plays aren't bread and butter. Neither were our scoring plays in week 1 and 2. I'm not arguing that those plays don't count. But what will we do the next 13 weeks to score points?That's a question I can't answer at this point. It's one game, as you point out.4. We've won on defense the last two weeks by stopping the run, in a passing league. Our games against Peyton Manning and Matt Schuab will answer a lot of questions in this department.Alex Smith had 42 pass attempts in the game. He was sacked 5 times. He was picked once, and it took a TD pass in the last minute of the game when they should have been running the clock out (they were spending timeouts down 31-3 with under two minutes on the clock - the TD was scored after a timeout with 3 seconds left in the game - that's right, down 31-3 with 3 seconds left in the game, they called a timeout...).

So the Chiefs didn't just stop the run. Although they certainly shut Gore down. But the pass defense was tremendous Sunday.5. We still can't be considered favorites in our next two games. If they both turn up as losses and we are 3-2 is everyone going to be just as giddy? If not, you are over-valuing the W's in predicting future performance. It's fair to say they won't be favored in Indy, but we may need to see what happens the next two weeks before we decide on the Houston game. I would have thought them a clear favorite, too (and still do), but they looked pretty bad against Dallas today. But it's only one game.

I'm expecting two losses myself, and have been all along. Road games are tough regardless of who you play, but I don't think there's zero chance KC splits them.

Let's put it this way. Winning one wacky game could have been a fluke. Winning three begins to look like a trend. KC may be a young team that's learning how to win.

Or they may not...

Hog Farmer
09-27-2010, 03:33 AM
Our return game was non existent

Too many penalties

Cassel still sucks !

McClusters not getting enough carries

Jim Jones
09-27-2010, 03:40 AM
I don't think we're going to the Superbowl or anything - main reason simply being Cassel. I think our defense, special teams, run game are all good enough but we don't have a Superbowl caliber QB..that's just the facts. He's going to hold us back.

We'll probably lose to Indy and Houston..IMO our season will really be decided by the four games after those..if we lose those two, we're 3-2 heading into a four-game stretch of -- vs. Jacksonville, vs. Buffalo, @Oakland and @Denver.

If we can come out of that with a 3-1 record, that sets us up at 6-3 for the stretch run and I think we could be looking at a 10-6, 9-7 finish, which is better than I expected coming into the season.

Wallcrawler
09-27-2010, 03:47 AM

But there are more than a few reasons to take the week 3 victory over SF with a grain of salt.

1. It was one game. I'm not discounting the other two wins. I thought the week 2 win over Cleveland was gritty. But the initial reaction is that this win marks a sea-change in the outlook for the season. According to some, the expectations markedly changed after this week. I can't give that much power to any single week performance.

Three W's. One each week. THAT is all the power you need, sir.

2. The conditions were right. We had them at home after a short week and a tough loss to the World Champs. Let's say we were scheduled to be in SF during week 2 after a short week. Let's say we gave the performance that we did against Cleveland. Let's say SF gave the performance they gave against NO. The game isn't a blow out and I'd wager SF walks away with the win.

Seriously? You could do that in a few games last year and tailor certain conditions here and there and instead of a Chiefs loss, they win. What if this and that.....it doesnt hold any weight. Thats not what happened, so therefore it is irrelevant. You dont play games with the mindset of "Geez, what wouldve happened if we played these guys last week when we didnt do anything on offense and they played hard against the Saints."

It didnt happen that way, so asking about it is completely pointless.

3. Was our point production and QB play sustainable week-in-and-week-out? We had a score on a broken tackle on a swing pass, a flea-flicker and a miracle catch. Those plays aren't bread and butter. Neither were our scoring plays in week 1 and 2. I'm not arguing that those plays don't count. But what will we do the next 13 weeks to score points?

What, so now every TD has to be off of a clock killing 15 play drive? Listen man, you make the plays you have to make to win. If its a one handed stab on a high pass in the endzone, clearly we have a guy who can make that play.

The Chiefs dropped 457 yards of offense on a defense everyone thought would completely shut us down. 200 yards rushing with Jones and Charles.

Not only that, look at the game situation. The niners had THREE POINTS all game. The chiefs kept the hammer down on them and dropped 31, when they easily couldve gone into martyball mode.

4. We've won on defense the last two weeks by stopping the run, in a passing league. Our games against Peyton Manning and Matt Schuab will answer a lot of questions in this department.

Smith was harried all game. 4-5 sacks Im not really sure. The guy put it up 42 times and got a little over 200 yards. Vernon Davis and Michael Crabtree are now all of a sudden not bigtime offensive players like they were touted to be before the game because the Chiefs stopped them?

And Frank Gore didnt do jack shit, BTW.

Gimme a break.

5. We still can't be considered favorites in our next two games. If they both turn up as losses and we are 3-2 is everyone going to be just as giddy? If not, you are over-valuing the W's in predicting future performance.

Nobody has said the Chiefs are favored to win anything. They were underdogs against the niners.

They won 4 games total last season. They already have 3 wins this year, clearly not playing as good as they should be in 2 of those but still managing to win. Yes, even if they drop the games to Houston and Indy which prior to the season we all figured they would, I will still be excited because there has been improvement in all phases of the game.

I'm excited to see the rest of the season unfold, mostly as a gauge of progress and the anticipated joy of watching whatever the victories we earn. But I'm not quite ready to crown our asses just yet.

Enjoy the victories man. I think youre just shellshocked at the early success of a team that some around here predicted would be 0-6.

Nobody has crowned anyone. The Chiefs have won a game they were counted as probably losing against the Chargers (Outscored us like 80-21 combined last year), beat Cleveland which they shouldve only it wasnt as pretty as people wanted it, and again this week they won a game that they should win against a winless team in disarray, though still counted as underdogs.

I dont know if they win the division, or make the playoffs. But Im not going to sit and criticize every single Touchdown that comes up and say "Oh, that was a spectacular play. Cant count on those every week!" Only the grindout TD's on consistent drives can be considered points we should count on getting each week.

Screw that. This team dropped nearly 500 yards on a tough defense and for some reason, it still isnt good enough. There comes a time where you just go ahead and give credit where it is due for a great game, and then you wait and see what happens in 2 weeks against Indy. With the way this team can rush the ball, they have a real good shot at winning either of those games. Indy's run defense is poor, and we know Haley will run a clock draining offense if he has to in order to keep Manning on the sideline. Dallas exposed some chinks in the Texans armor today.

They will be tough games, but certainly not unwinnable like we thought they would be before the season started.

T-post Tom
09-27-2010, 04:55 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TsiFanovOSI

http://i2.squidoocdn.com/resize/squidoo_images/250/draft_lens5548172module42491512photo_1245966130shawshank.jpg

Bane
09-27-2010, 05:18 AM
I don't drink coffee.
Posted via Mobile Device

RedThat
09-27-2010, 05:38 AM

Sometimes we get too excited. And our thinking tends to go out of whack. The right approach is to just take it one game at a time. But I will say we are much improved as a team, and everybody could see that. But how high is our ceiling? We don't know yet. Lets just enjoy these wins, and hope for the best every week.

Ah dude, come on man. :shake: I just don't agree with this line of thinking.

No it wasn't. But so what. Yes, we scored on a broken tackle on a swing pass ( that's great love the fortitude and effort displayed from our players)...Yes, we scored on a flea flicker (also great. Love the creativity by Weis)...Yes, we scored on a miracle catch (thats awesome...Great to know we drafted a TE who can make plays with tremendous athleticism)...Bottomline, we're executing, and finding ways to win. Are they pretty? Sometimes yes and no. But's that is the beauty of it. As long as were winning, I don't know about you? but that is all fine by me. It just all depends how you look at it?

Im just going to enjoy 3-0 right now. But too be honest with you, Im concerned about these next two upcoming games. It'll be a true test for our defense since they're going up against two of the top passing teams in the league. Yeah the passrush was outstanding today, but I don't anticipate that same type of passrush to happen on the road against those two teams. I hope Im wrong though. The only thing I could think of that makes me a little optimistic is Romeo Crennel and our rushing attack. Romeo usually tends to game plan well against Manning and the Colts, and just knowing the Colts run D is terrible makes me think we fight them mouth to mouth. We may have a chance that game. If KC comes out 1-1 the next two, I'll be content with that.

Of course we are not considered favorites the next two games. We still have the reputation of a bad team from continuous years of losing. We're not getting the respect yet, and I can't blame anybody for that either. We have to earn that respect. The season is still young, lots of football left to be played, and with that being said, we haven't earned our reputation as a good team yet. Only time will tell.

Bane
09-27-2010, 06:20 AM
"I didn't see the game because I was driving all day Sunday"

Fuck you.Eat shit and die.Fuck off.Find a new team to hate motherfucker!

Well STFU then.

Count Alex's Wins
09-27-2010, 06:25 AM
When Weis and Crennel were with NE the Patriots were 7-0 against the Colts. Ever since they left the Pats are 1-5 against them.

Hog Farmer
09-27-2010, 06:40 AM
And we have two weeks to game plan !

InChiefsHell
09-27-2010, 06:46 AM
This game proved that we have a great deal of potential. No offense cdcox, (I don't think this team could do anything at this point to make us all feel comfortable with them all the time) but damn, point number 2 of your post is the most ridiculous line of thinking I've ever seen.

We have Carl and Herm to thank for this attitude...

Just chill and enjoy the shit! We are 3-0 going into a by-week, beat the division winner from last season, lead the division and are healthy. And we looked goddam good yesterday in all phases...could we bitchslap every team in the league like that? No. But did ANYONE think we could even bitchslap the 9ers that way? I didn't...I choose to relax and enjoy the ride...

Bane
09-27-2010, 06:54 AM

Yep.Guess all of the haters/trolls that hate seeing us do anything good will have to wait to see us fall.

Hug it Out Dan
09-27-2010, 07:45 AM

Maybe you should watch the damn game first before making a ridiculous thread.

Again, watch the game. Teams have good games, they have bad games. The world champs almost lost to this team. The Texans, who beat the Colts, looked like a 5 win team today. IMO, CLE was a far worse team than what SF is, and we barely came out of that one as a winner.

Let's say this, and let's say that, and lets assume this happened and that happened. Guess what? None of that happened. I'm not sure if your argument makes any sense here.

If you watched the game (which you didn't) we had 2 rushers almost break the 100yd mark. We are a run first team. yeah our QB is the weak link on offense. But our Oline is playing great, and as long as Cassel plays like he did on Sunday we have a chance to win. I wouldn't call that a miracle catch either. It was a great catch. Moeaki has great hands, and Cassel put the ball in a place where only he could get it. It was just as good as a pass as it was a catch, great play on both parts.

If we can pressure Manning and run the football, we have a chance to win that game. Now, probably we won't be able to. Indy's LT is stinking up the joint, hopefully Hali can take advantage of that. Shaub played like shit yesterday. Houston is def beatable. The Texans and Colts are 2 of the best teams in the AFC, now are we there yet? No. but we're 3-0 so far, Indy and Houston can't say that. Every given Sunday....

5. We still can't be considered favorites in our next two games. If they both turn up as losses and we are 3-2 is everyone going to be just as giddy? If not, you are over-valuing the W's in predicting future performance
There's no such thing as over vauling a W. W's are what get you in the playoffs, W's are what win you the division and so on. It very well may be that we lose the next 2 games. But we're still atop the division should we lose those 2 games. Then the rest of our schedule is VERY favorable. This fast start in Sept put this team in a very good position. Only the Chiefs can control their fate.

Well no shit, it's week 3. Anything can happen. You obviously started this thread to get people's reactions, otherwise you wouldn't have called it "piss in your mon morning coffee". Which is kind of stupid.....you didn't even watch the fucking game. KC is taking this week by week. We're relatively healthy, Jackson will be back i think, and who knows, some impact player on Indy or Houston may get inj, may enhance our chances in winning. All I can say is that this is the best start we've had since DV era in 2003. It's def something to build on, considering this team hasn't won many games in the past few seasons.

Rausch
09-27-2010, 07:48 AM
If we can play ugly and still win what do you think's going to happen when we finally get our $3it together?...

dirk digler
09-27-2010, 07:59 AM
You didn't watch the game but your trying to piss in my coffee? Whatever

Rausch
09-27-2010, 08:06 AM

No...no no no...

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/RKQ3LXHKB34?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/RKQ3LXHKB34?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

Alphaman
09-27-2010, 08:07 AM
1. I'm not giddy, but very pleased thus far. It's not 1 game, it's 3 games...3 wins. The Chiefs have given up 13 points per game, lead the league in rushing, are number 6 in rush defense and are winning the field position battle because of special teams. You can win ALOT of games with that combination.

2. Timing of playing teams is very important and you can't control the schedule. The 49ers were brimming with confidence after their near miss with the Saints. The Chiefs came off a short week to win on the road in Cleveland. Winning on the road in the NFL is difficult, no matter who the opponent is.

3. The offense yesterday was what I imagined it to be so yes I think it is sustainable. Here's why: The Chiefs offense has the potential to be very explosive because of it's diversity. Charles and McCluster provide spark, speed and explosiveness on draws, screens swing passes, circle routes. Jones provides physical running that can eat up the clock and/or wear defenses down. Bowe, Chambers and Moeaki provide possession type receivers that can move the chains. They are also big targets in the red zone. The "broken tackle" was a welll placed ball by Cassel. The defender tried to jump the route but Cassel put the ball on the back shoulder. That wasn't luck, that was a well placed ball. The "flea-flicker" was set up by good play calling from the wildcat formation earlier in the game. That's not luck, that's good execution of a good strategy. The catch by Moeaki was another well placed pass because Cassel had to put the ball over the defender. Moeaki didn't make a miracle catch, he made an athletic catch. We saw Gonzo make catches like that several times. If Moeaki stays healthy, you'll see more catches like that because he's athletic.

4. Even passing teams need a running game to be effective. If we stop the run, it will impact the passing game. The Chargers are a great passing team, but one of the main reasons we beat them is because we took away the running game.

5. The general expectation for this team was to be around 2-3 to 3-2 after 5 games. We are right where we need to be. What wasn't expected was that we'd be up by 2 games in the division after 3 games. That can't be overlooked. Have we clinched the AFC WEST? Not hardly, but our chances are better this week than last week.

luv
09-27-2010, 08:12 AM
Watch the game, then respond to your own thread.

Mr. Plow
09-27-2010, 08:15 AM

You should have just stopped there.

Rausch
09-27-2010, 08:19 AM
Watch the game, then respond to your own thread.

BTW does anyone know where I can catch the game online/torrent it?

I went to the game and forgot to tape it...:mad:

Dave Lane
09-27-2010, 08:21 AM
Don't piss on my shoes and tell me its raining.

and if you didn't see the game then you really don't need to be pissing in my cheerios or you can just go over to the Mange they would love your analysis.

ChiTown
09-27-2010, 08:25 AM
I'm pretty sure ccox is just having some fun with everyone.

Baconeater
09-27-2010, 08:27 AM
WE'RE GOING TO THE MF-N SUPERBOWL!

FAX
09-27-2010, 08:31 AM
First of all, Mr. cdcox is not "ridiculous". He has more football acumen in his penis than most posters have in their entire bodies.

Second of all, he's pretty wrong in his pessimistic position ... Mark Castle notwithstanding. Mark Castle will cost us some games this year. He is a frigging doofus whose mechanics suck, has a snailesque delivery, and the pocket awareness of Helen Keller. Many of his completions yesterday were due to his receivers bailing his dumb ass out.

Third of all, I think we'll beat the Colts. I have faith in Crennel and I think he'll challenge our young secondary to rise to the occasion ... and they have the talent and ability to do so. Plus, I think our front seven will put Manning on his ass more than once. And, you shouldn't underestimate the effectiveness of a kick-ass run game against the Mannings.

Screw the Mannings ... and while we're at it ... screw the Texans, too.

FAX

Otter
09-27-2010, 08:31 AM
That was cool as shit and a really fun game. Don't be so conditioned for failure or you may be disappointed.

Megan Fox just walked in wearing nothing but whip cream on her nipples and your wondering if you have floss in the bathroom. Just enjoy it bro.

Bwana
09-27-2010, 08:33 AM

And the Dolts have one extra week to get some players dinged. Who do they play next week? :evil:

KCtotheSB
09-27-2010, 08:44 AM
That was cool as shit and a really fun game. Don't be so conditioned for failure or you may be disappointed.

Megan Fox just walked in wearing nothing but whip cream on her nipples and your wondering if you have floss in the bathroom. Just enjoy it bro.

I'll just floss with the thong she took off prior to entering the room, thank you very much.

Hug it Out Dan
09-27-2010, 09:02 AM
First of all, Mr. cdcox is not "ridiculous". He has more football acumen in his penis than most posters have in their entire bodies.

Second of all, he's pretty wrong in his pessimistic position ... Mark Castle notwithstanding. Mark Castle will cost us some games this year. He is a frigging doofus whose mechanics suck, has a snailesque delivery, and the pocket awareness of Helen Keller. Many of his completions yesterday were due to his receivers bailing his dumb ass out.

Third of all, I think we'll beat the Colts. I have faith in Crennel and I think he'll challenge our young secondary to rise to the occasion ... and they have the talent and ability to do so. Plus, I think our front seven will put Manning on his ass more than once. And, you shouldn't underestimate the effectiveness of a kick-ass run game against the Mannings.

Screw the Mannings ... and while we're at it ... screw the Texans, too.

FAX

pass me whatever it is you're smokin' man.

We're not going into Indy and beating the Colts.

Duck Dog
09-27-2010, 09:03 AM
Why can't some people just be happy once in a while? Stop over thinking everything, it's a game.

Reerun_KC
09-27-2010, 09:04 AM

Just like we werent going to beat SF either?

FAX
09-27-2010, 09:12 AM

Piss in your own coffee, Mr. Laces Out Dan. I take mine black.

For too long have we been intimidated by the Mannings. For too long, have we allowed that cheating bastard to have his way in the NFL. For too long, have we seen him do the headless chicken dance in the backfield before the snap and bitch to the officials when he doesn't get his way.

I say, enough! Let's plant his ass on the turf where it belongs. Let's pick off a few of his passes until he starts bitching at his teammates like the whiny baby he is. Then, let's pull his pants down at the 50 yard line and show the entire world that his penis is the size of a Vienna Sausage that's been left out in the sun for 3 weeks.

FAX

spanky 52
09-27-2010, 09:13 AM
I think Mr Fax is onto something. The Colts don't have a good run defense. I'm not saying we'll beat the Colts but I think we'll be in the game. Not so much at Houston. Enjoy the win and hope the Chief's continue to improve.

DaFace
09-27-2010, 09:20 AM
Weird thread.
Posted via Mobile Device

Delano
09-27-2010, 09:25 AM
let's pull his pants down at the 50 yard line and show the entire world that his penis is the size of a Vienna Sausage that's been left out in the sun for 3 weeks.

FAX

You rang? /Shaun Smith

boogblaster
09-27-2010, 09:26 AM
I do drink coffee and piss in your water bottle bitch ....

otherstar
09-27-2010, 09:29 AM
I didn't see the game either because I live in the Houston area and can't afford the NFL Sunday Tickect on Direct TV...but the point is moot because it doesn't take a genius to appreciate a win in the NFL for what it is: a win in the NFL! I don't think it honestly makes a difference, I followed the play by play online and on here, I've seen the highlights from NFL.com, and I studied the stats. I have all the evidence I need to be pleased with this win. I can acknowledge that there is still room from improvement, but still enjoy the win!

My point-by-point responses:

1. Does the phrase "any given Sunday" mean anything? How many times in the Martyball era did we win close games we otherwise should have lost? This is the NFL, any team can beat any team on a given Sunday. If not, how did we even win 4 games last year, or any games under Herm?

2. I cannot find any logic in this statement. The Chiefs won because they had a good game plan and exeucted it well.

3. I think it can. The Chiefs put up 457 yards on what was supposed to be a good D. Even in if cannot, we're finding ways to beat teams and we aren't giving up. For a team that I thought would go 8-8 at best, this is more than I could have asked for and I see a very bright future over the next couple of seaons for the Chiefs.

4. I'm concerned as well, and it wouldn't surprise me if we lose both games, but I think we can (and probably will) beat one of them. Which team? That's anybody's guess, if I were to choose, I think we can take Houston..but I follow them because I live in their viewing area and I know what's going on with them.

5. We won't be considered favorites in too many games until we earn respect by beating good teams (at home or on the road) and by playing well in those victories. We're a young team that has a huge amount of potential and I'm really enjoying this season and that's the first time I've been able to say that for quite a few years!

gblowfish
09-27-2010, 09:52 AM
When Weis and Crennel were with NE the Patriots were 7-0 against the Colts. Ever since they left the Pats are 1-5 against them.

That's a great stat. I didn't know that.

HotRoute
09-27-2010, 09:54 AM
"We had a score on a broken tackle on a swing pass, a flea-flicker and a miracle catch. Those plays aren't bread and butter"

Jesus man can you ever be happy? if you had seen these plays you would be singing a different tune. The rookies on this team are having a huge impact week in and week out, just try to be happy. Seriously give it a try

Deberg_1990
09-27-2010, 10:01 AM
But I'm not quite ready to crown our asses just yet.

I dont think anyboy on this board is ready to "crown them" yet....but it does look as if the team has turned a corner. Yes, they play a weak schedule, but they can only beat the teams put in front of them, and they are doing that. They have had a weak schedule the past several years and still lost to bad teams, so if anyone is not seeing improvement, they are blind. Still a long ways to go to become a SB contender, but its nice to see this organization beginning to turn it around.

Just be happy we are finally "Winning" games.

siberian khatru
09-27-2010, 10:02 AM
Piss in your own coffee, Mr. Laces Out Dan. I take mine black.

FAX

Like your men.

KCtotheSB
09-27-2010, 10:03 AM
Bitch when we're losing and bitch when we're winning....holy shitballs, go watch the Lifetime network.

DaFace
09-27-2010, 10:21 AM
As I briefly mentioned before, this is a weird thread to me. First, I don't think that most people are immediately considering this to be a playoff team. Instead, we're excited that there is clear indication that this team is better than last year, and the players that we're excited about are young and are only going to get better.

Regarding your overall analysis, I think the big thing that the stats won't tell you is the flow of the game. We outright dominated the second half. It wasn't even a contest. You can discount the "gimmicky" plays if you want, but you have to consider that those weren't plays in desperate situations like we've had in the last two games. We were driving down the field legitimately, and those plays simply were the ones that got the points on the board. Would we have made it in otherwise? We'll never know. But you can't go acting like those were as fluky as a return for a TD or a Pick 6. The offense beat their defense. Period.

I guess I'm just not sure what the overall point of this thread is, honestly. It seems aimed at a straw man argument and is put forward by someone who admittedly didn't even watch the game. Just odd.

BigChiefFan
09-27-2010, 10:25 AM
I said it before the season started and I'll say it again... the team is on the rise. Do I think they win the SB, this year? NO, but that shouldn't stop anybody from clearly seeing the approach is taking hold and we finally have some direction of where the franchise wants to go and a GM with actual football knowledge. Enjoy the ride.

The Bad Guy
09-27-2010, 10:28 AM
I'm amazed at how many actual Chiefs fans want to discredit being 3-0, especially from someone who didn't see the freaking game.

The Bad Guy
09-27-2010, 10:29 AM
I also love when other teams score because of trick plays, they are brilliant, when the Chiefs do it, it's gimmicky.

Is this a SB team? No.

Is this team a playoff team? Probably.

Brock
09-27-2010, 10:36 AM
I'm sure after they play Indy, we'll feel sufficiently bad about it for you.

cdcox
09-27-2010, 10:37 AM
Let me rephrase:

Yes, we are lots better than last year or the 3 years before that.

Yes, I'm enjoying the ride.

But I'm also looking for things we can hang our hat on that are good enough to have a reasonable chance to win a SB, not this year. So what might be good enough now, what might be a work in progress and what might still be broken?

So far we have a positive arrow on run defense. That looks to be sustainable going forward.

We don't have enough data to assess how good the passing defense is, because we really haven't been tested. SD was the one strong passing team we've played and they exposed some cracks.

The running game is good but won't carry the offense without a more consistent passing game that doesn't depend on flea-flickers and miracle catches.

stevieray
09-27-2010, 10:38 AM
I've never understood why naysayers want to rob themselves of present and future successes...basically setting themselves up to let any accolades they express ring hollow.

I guess it boils down to having to be right...:shrug:

BigChiefFan
09-27-2010, 10:39 AM
Watch the game, then get back to us.

cdcox
09-27-2010, 10:40 AM
"We had a score on a broken tackle on a swing pass, a flea-flicker and a miracle catch. Those plays aren't bread and butter"

Jesus man can you ever be happy? if you had seen these plays you would be singing a different tune. The rookies on this team are having a huge impact week in and week out, just try to be happy. Seriously give it a try

I saw those plays on the highlights. And because the flea flicker and miracle catch aren't very reproducible moving forward, they temper my optimism. I'm thrilled with the contribution the rookies are making. That is a real bright spot so far in the season.

-King-
09-27-2010, 10:42 AM
The Steelers didn't really win 2 superbowls this decade. In one superbowl, they had to rely on a gimmicky wide receiver pass, and in the other, they had to rely on a fluke pick 6 and a miracle catch by the WR!

Take their championships away!!

The Bad Guy
09-27-2010, 10:43 AM
I'm just amazed that we won 10 games in 3 freaking years and people want to make excuses why we are 3-0. Enjoy the present.

The Bad Guy
09-27-2010, 10:44 AM
The Steelers didn't really win 2 superbowls this decade. In one superbowl, they had to rely on a gimmicky wide receiver pass, and in the other, they had to rely on a fluke pick 6 and a miracle catch by the WR!

Take their championships away!!

They also needed a fluke tackle by a QB on a cornerback. Those plays just shouldn't matter.

Honestly, who criticizes trick plays besides Gunther Cunningham?

The Bad Guy
09-27-2010, 10:45 AM
Titans also went to the SB because of a trick kickoff return.

That AFC title should be rescinded.

cdcox
09-27-2010, 10:51 AM
Obviously there is a difference between saying:

1) We won the game

and

2) The way in which we won the game is sustainable so that going forward we can expect to win a lot more games by following a similar pattern.

Yes the Steelers needed a couple of breaks to win the SB. To win any given game, I'll take all of the breaks, and razzle dazzle that it takes. No problem with that.

But the Steelers made it to the SB by winning a whole bunch of games by playing lights out defense, running the ball effectively in the 4th quarter, and clutch QB play. I'm looking for our signature strengths on the Chiefs.

Mr. Plow
09-27-2010, 10:53 AM
Guys....if we take away all the points we've scored so far we'd be 0-3 and not 3-0......think about it.

38yrsfan
09-27-2010, 10:55 AM
I saw those plays on the highlights. And because the flea flicker and miracle catch aren't very reproducible moving forward, they temper my optimism. I'm thrilled with the contribution the rookies are making. That is a real bright spot so far in the season.

Actually you are wrong about the plays.

The "miracle" catch wasn't a miracle - it was a great one-handed snag that we have seen many times before over the years. Keep watching and you'll see it again

The flea-flicker, trick play, gimmick, whatever you want to call it was called at the right time and has also ben around for a very long time - nothing new the Chiefs pulled out of their ..... the idea is to get the ball in to the end zone.

I see it as progress that we not only have players who want to win but even more so that we have players that don't like losing - the Chiefs are tired of losing.

Detoxing
09-27-2010, 10:55 AM
I'm sure this has been said already, but one more time:

If you didn't see the game then STFU

-King-
09-27-2010, 10:56 AM
Guys....if we take away all the points we've scored so far we'd be 0-3 and not 3-0......think about it.

ROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFL:clap::clap:

Detoxing
09-27-2010, 10:56 AM

1) We won the game

and

2) The way in which we won the game is sustainable so that going forward we can expect to win a lot more games by following a similar pattern.

Yes the Steelers needed a couple of breaks to win the SB. To win any given game, I'll take all of the breaks, and razzle dazzle that it takes. No problem with that.

But the Steelers made it to the SB by winning a whole bunch of games by playing lights out defense, running the ball effectively in the 4th quarter, and clutch QB play. I'm looking for our signature strengths on the Chiefs.

You want something sustainable? How about great D and a Great running game through 3 weeks? Is that not sustainable to you?

Coogs
09-27-2010, 10:58 AM
The overall defense is ranked 14th in the league right now. Take away the 50+ yards on the last two plays, and we would be right at the #8 spot. Scoring defense is tied for 2nd right now. Take away the TD at the buzzer and scoring defense would be #1. San Diego and San Fran were thought to be to of the top offenses in the league, and may still be by years end. Damn fine job by Haley, Crennel, and all of the defense.

The Bad Guy
09-27-2010, 10:58 AM

1) We won the game

and

Of course a flea-flicker isn't sustainable, but trick flea-flicker, that overall, had little bearing on the actual outcome because of the way the defense played.

The Chiefs ran the ball down the throats of a good defense. That's an obvious signature strength.

So if you want to hold your hat on something, hold it on this team has a top rushing attack, and a defense that is stout.

dirk digler
09-27-2010, 10:59 AM
You want something sustainable? How about great D and a Great running game through 3 weeks? Is that not sustainable to you?

Exactly. We are #1 Rushing Team in the NFL and #4 in scoring D.

Deberg_1990
09-27-2010, 11:00 AM
Let me rephrase:

Yes, we are lots better than last year or the 3 years before that.

Yes, I'm enjoying the ride.

But I'm also looking for things we can hang our hat on that are good enough to have a reasonable chance to win a SB, not this year. So what might be good enough now, what might be a work in progress and what might still be broken?

So far we have a positive arrow on run defense. That looks to be sustainable going forward.

We don't have enough data to assess how good the passing defense is, because we really haven't been tested. SD was the one strong passing team we've played and they exposed some cracks.

The running game is good but won't carry the offense without a more consistent passing game that doesn't depend on flea-flickers and miracle catches.

Yes, Cassel is still the weak link. Thanks for the update.

Flachief58
09-27-2010, 11:51 AM
"I didn't see the game because I was driving all day Sunday"

Fuck you.Eat shit and die.Fuck off.Find a new team to hate motherfucker!

Well STFU then.

This a gazillion times! :clap:

cdcox
09-27-2010, 12:27 PM
Do you folks really think that missing a single game (although I do have access to the score, the box score, the play by play and the highlights) completely disqualifies me from making any comment on the state of the team?

If you believe that to be the case, I assume that you only offer opinions on teams in which you have seen every minute of every game that the team has played in recent weeks?

Baconeater
09-27-2010, 12:28 PM
Wow, in a matter of 24 hrs this place has turned into homerplanet.com. Seedy is making some valid points whether y'all want to hear them or not.

Bane
09-27-2010, 12:31 PM
Do you folks really think that missing a single game (although I do have access to the score, the box score, the play by play and the highlights) completely disqualifies me from making any comment on the state of the team?

If you believe that to be the case, I assume that you only offer opinions on teams in which you have seen every minute of every game that the team has played in recent weeks?

Fuck you!Goddamn closet Donkfukk fan.

Wow, in a matter of 24 hrs this place has turned into homerplanet.com. Seedy is making some valid points whether y'all want to hear them or not.

Yeah we all seem pleased that we are playing well so we're all homers.STFU you goddamn troll.You're like your buddy Brock.You mother fuckers come in,hate on anyone that says anything good about the Chiefs,make anything positive out to be dumb blind luck and then you disappear when they do something good.Fuck off!

BigChiefFan
09-27-2010, 12:33 PM
It's not homerplanet, not even close. It's just people tired of talking about the same hum-drum and doom and gloom. We've had years upon years of the negativity. What's wrong with a little optimism, every once in a while? Otherwise, why even bother following the team, if you can't look for some silver linings, every now and then? The negativity has grated on my nerves and been discussed ad nauseum.

rocks
09-27-2010, 12:40 PM
I would suggest you watch a game before you post.

BigChiefFan
09-27-2010, 12:49 PM
One more win and we tie last year's record-that shows improvement, that's what most said they could live with. I fail to see the problem with the team. They're winning. Yesterday, they KICKED ASS and TOOK NAMES, the stat line doesn't reflect the overall TEAM PLAY.

DaFace
09-27-2010, 12:52 PM

Comment? No. You're welcome to comment however you please. But you started a thread on it, which elevates your opinion as if it were a new topic that deserves discussion.

No one's really arguing against your points. We all know that the team has a long way to go. It just seems silly to act like this is some brand new information that hasn't been discussed around here ad nauseum.

What it comes down to is that this thread really is a pure Debbie Downer thread, as you knew when you posted it. If there were some insights that you brought to the table that were new, that would be one thing. But your entire post is basically just "What if they're not as good as they've looked?" How insightful.

The fact that you didn't watch the game (and therefore don't have a full impression of how they looked anyway) only makes people more skeptical of taking anything of value from your post.

As I mentioned earlier, I just don't get the purpose of starting the thread in the first place. You even admitted in title that you're "pissing in our coffee." What's the point?

Fish
09-27-2010, 12:53 PM

It's a sad inner look at the state of Chiefs fandom. So starved for so long, that we see a sliver of light shine through the clouds, and we're totally fucking compelled to freeze time, put our fingers in our ears, and live in a vacuum for a week. Any and all negativity, regardless of truth, will not be tolerated during this brief moment of ignorant bliss. Today, you're either with us, or you're with the enemy. It's like the Ghostbusters 2 ectoplasm problem...

Hoover
09-27-2010, 12:58 PM
Well hells bells, then the Jets should be 0-3. What if the Miami corner doesn't slip and Edwards doesn't take it to the house. What if Miami doesn't throw an interception on its final drive?

keg in kc
09-27-2010, 01:03 PM
The power of sanchez compels them.

Mr. Plow
09-27-2010, 01:04 PM
Well hells bells, then the Jets should be 0-3. What if the Miami corner doesn't slip and Edwards doesn't take it to the house. What if Miami doesn't throw an interception on its final drive?

Clearly they are overrated because it took fluke plays for them to get to where they are.

Buehler445
09-27-2010, 01:32 PM
What's with all the CDCox hate? It's not like he's some dumbass n00b saying that we need to sign Brett Favre and we'll win the Super Bowl. His points are worth discussing, right or wrong, despite how good the win feels.

My take is that some of the optomism is deserved. If youu watch the game, we beat the ever living fuck out of these guys all game. It, if nothing else proves this team is capable of beating the shit out of someone. I can't say the same about the last 3 years worth of horseshit teams. That is really something.

Couple this with the last 2 games, and I think it is safe to say the D is improved and should finish average at worst, barring injury at a few key positions. I think you can conclude that the Oline is at very least passable, again barring massive injuries. I think you can count on acceptable field position constantly. I think you can conclude that backs and receivers have good talent. That leaves Cassel as the limiting factor. We've went round and round about him (my take is he's done).

Identifying Cassel as the limiting factor is HUGE. In the last few years, we couldn't do a goddamn thing right and the whole goddamn thing was the limiting factor. Having one position decide whether we can be competitive is miles and MILES ahead of where I thought we'd be.

Are we playoff bound? I still think not, but the fact that the playoffs are actually a legitimate discussion is reason to be optomistic.
Posted via Mobile Device

stevieray
09-27-2010, 01:36 PM
You even admitted in title that you're "pissing in our coffee." What's the point?
your coffee has piss in it...sucks to be you?

Just Passin' By
09-27-2010, 01:38 PM
:shake:

DaFace
09-27-2010, 01:38 PM
your coffee has piss in it...sucks to be you?

The popcorn you're eating has been pissed in, film at 11.

stevieray
09-27-2010, 01:46 PM
The popcorn you're eating has been pissed in, film at 11.

KFM,FTW!

DaFace
09-27-2010, 02:00 PM
What's with all the CDCox hate? It's not like he's some dumbass n00b saying that we need to sign Brett Favre and we'll win the Super Bowl. His points are worth discussing, right or wrong, despite how good the win feels.

For the record, I don't hate seedy at all. He's one of my favorite posters.

My take is that some of the optomism is deserved. If youu watch the game, we beat the ever living fuck out of these guys all game. It, if nothing else proves this team is capable of beating the shit out of someone. I can't say the same about the last 3 years worth of horseshit teams. That is really something.

Couple this with the last 2 games, and I think it is safe to say the D is improved and should finish average at worst, barring injury at a few key positions. I think you can conclude that the Oline is at very least passable, again barring massive injuries. I think you can count on acceptable field position constantly. I think you can conclude that backs and receivers have good talent. That leaves Cassel as the limiting factor. We've went round and round about him (my take is he's done).

Identifying Cassel as the limiting factor is HUGE. In the last few years, we couldn't do a goddamn thing right and the whole goddamn thing was the limiting factor. Having one position decide whether we can be competitive is miles and MILES ahead of where I thought we'd be.

Are we playoff bound? I still think not, but the fact that the playoffs are actually a legitimate discussion is reason to be optomistic.
Posted via Mobile Device

Definitely agree on the last statement. Well put.

cdcox
09-27-2010, 02:50 PM
So DaFace, from your posts on this tread, your coffee was not my intended target. There is reason to be cautiously optimistic. This thread was aimed more at coffee of the irrational exuberance crowd, such as those who say this is a playoff team, or that a win against SF in week 3 was somehow a watershed victory (*cough* gochiefs *cough*), or those drinking from the Mellinger column http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=234235

I should have made that clearer in my OP.

I just think *some* are reading too much into 3 wins.

DaFace
09-27-2010, 02:57 PM
So DaFace, from your posts on this tread, your coffee was not my intended target. There is reason to be cautiously optimistic. This thread was aimed more at coffee of the irrational exuberance crowd, such as those who say this is a playoff team, or that a win against SF in week 3 was somehow a watershed victory (*cough* gochiefs *cough*), or those drinking from the Mellinger column http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=234235

I should have made that clearer in my OP.

I just think *some* are reading too much into 3 wins.

Fair enough. Just for fun, I posted my weekly probability poll here:

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=234273

It'll be interesting to see where people stand.

Fish
09-27-2010, 03:02 PM
All my homer Chiefs friends are in full hard-on mode. I've been assured about 10 times since the game yesterday that the Chiefs will be in the playoffs and I'm a complete fool for thinking otherwise before the season started.....

Count Alex's Wins
09-27-2010, 03:05 PM
It's still a watershed moment. Watershed moments don't necessarily mean anything special. But this one meant that we're definitely on the right track. We fucking dominated.

I'd compare this to the Dolphins game in 02.

Pasta Giant Meatball
09-27-2010, 07:43 PM
Just like we werent going to beat SF either?

...or Cleveland or SanDiego

KcMizzou
09-27-2010, 07:51 PM
BTW does anyone know where I can catch the game online/torrent it?

I went to the game and forgot to tape it...:mad:

http://tenyardtracker.com/details.php?id=11692

Jerm
09-27-2010, 07:56 PM
It's still a watershed moment. Watershed moments don't necessarily mean anything special. But this one meant that we're definitely on the right track. We fucking dominated.

I'd compare this to the Dolphins game in 02.

Exactly...we didn't just win...we dominated.

Our defense looks legit right now, they're playing with confidence and swagger and for the first time in a long time it's a strength.

And I don't but into this "we win ugly" or "need trick plays to win" BS...this isn't the BCS, there are no style points involved...winning's winning. I don't care if it takes 15 Flea Flickers a game to win, the W is all that matters.

That's why the entire "the Chiefs opponents are a combined 1-8" argument going around yesterday to discredit them was infuriating me...all you can do is beat the teams on your schedule and the Chiefs are doing it.

They're not fluking their way to victories.

KcMizzou
09-27-2010, 08:02 PM
I've never understood the need to mitigate your fellow fans enjoyment of their team. Success has been hard to come by for a long time now. If people want to get fired up about it, more power to them. The thread title alone shows the intent to be a Debbie Downer. Screw that. I'm going to enjoy the hell out of every moment.

I don't see any fun in sitting around worrying about when the other shoe will drop. This is supposed to be fun.

otherstar
09-27-2010, 08:13 PM
... I don't but into this "we win ugly" or "need trick plays to win" BS...this isn't the BCS, there are no style points involved...winning's winning. I don't care if it takes 15 Flea Flickers a game to win, the W is all that matters.

That's why the entire "the Chiefs opponents are a combined 1-8" argument going around yesterday to discredit them was infuriating me...all you can do is beat the teams on your schedule and the Chiefs are doing it.

Very well put!

Earthling
09-27-2010, 08:17 PM
I've never understood the need to mitigate your fellow fans enjoyment of their team. Success has been hard to come by for a long time now. If people want to get fired up about it, more power to them. The thread title alone shows the intent to be a Debbie Downer. Screw that. I'm going to enjoy the hell out of every moment.

I don't see any fun in sitting around worrying about when the other shoe will drop. This is supposed to be fun.

:clap:Yep

-King-
09-27-2010, 08:20 PM
Exactly...we didn't just win...we dominated.

Our defense looks legit right now, they're playing with confidence and swagger and for the first time in a long time it's a strength.

And I don't but into this "we win ugly" or "need trick plays to win" BS...this isn't the BCS, there are no style points involved...winning's winning. I don't care if it takes 15 Flea Flickers a game to win, the W is all that matters.

Fuck yes! This!

tk13
09-27-2010, 08:22 PM
I don't know why we need to make excuses for winning. No offense, but you probably wouldn't be making these excuses if we were losing. We went on the road during a short week after MNF and won, against a Browns team that had 4th quarter leads at 2-1 Tampa Bay, and at 2-1 Baltimore yesterday where Seneca Wallace had a 100+ QB rating and Hillis ran for 144.

I think the biggest hidden reason for optimism is that Todd Haley and our coaching staff doesn't just look competent, but pretty good. We completely outcoached another team in all phases of the game for the first time in probably half a decade. Plus just about every draft pick our GM selected this offseason looks like gold so far. Plus most of our 1st day draft picks actually look like they're developing and improving their level of play, which is a pretty wild concept for this organization. I totally agree, we might get blitzed in the face by the big boys... but hopefully there's a spark of confidence that we're at least moving in the right direction as a whole.

DeezNutz
09-27-2010, 08:29 PM
I think the biggest hidden reason for optimism is that Todd Haley and our coaching staff doesn't just look competent, but pretty good. We completely outcoached another team in all phases of the game for the first time in probably half a decade.

I agree with all of this.

I hammered Haley, and rightfully so I might add, for his game day performances last year. Dude was completely over-matched. That said, many of us noted that he sounded like a really smart guy, often, in his pressers.

Yesterday he was outstanding. Great. And this should give everyone a lot of hope for the future.

acesn8s
09-27-2010, 10:46 PM

It has been three games. We weren't spposed to win any of them. Maybe compete against CLE but not win.

Let's say Romeo is not our DC. Let's say Jimmy Raye isn't SF's OC. Let's say we wear a different jersey. Let's say we have a different QB. Let's say we don't play the let's say game?

Isn't the object to break the tackles and score, call the plays that the other team isn't prepared for, and catch the catchable balls? Playoff teams do it frequently.

Forcing a team into passing opens opportunities for the secondary to make big plays. I welcome the Flowers/Manning matchup.

Even at 3-2, the Chiefs have a good oportunity to win 10 games. If the Chiefs are 4-1 or 5-0, will you stop pissing in everybody's coffee?

I'm excited to see the rest of the season unfold, mostly as a gauge of progress and the anticipated joy of watching whatever the victories we earn. But I'm not quite ready to crown our asses just yet..

Hug it Out Dan
09-28-2010, 02:20 PM
That's a great stat. I didn't know that.

They were able to generate a pass rush against Manning with Wilfork, Seymour, Warren, and that's back when Ty Law was a badass.

I hope to God we can do the same with Dorsey/Smith/Edwards/TJax (if he can come back by then).......and hopefully Flowers can pick off Manning.

Reerun_KC
09-28-2010, 02:22 PM

Rep...

I cant believe it, but I am sure in the hell enjoying the moment. Its been a long long time since we had a chance to compete for something.

Reerun_KC
09-28-2010, 02:23 PM
I agree with all of this.

I hammered Haley, and rightfully so I might add, for his game day performances last year. Dude was completely over-matched. That said, many of us noted that he sounded like a really smart guy, often, in his pressers.

Yesterday he was outstanding. Great. And this should give everyone a lot of hope for the future.

good post!

Contrarian
09-28-2010, 03:46 PM

What a cup of piss it is.
Love that told ya so piss. That doubting piss. Love the pissy attitude and the pissy negativity. Sure do reading your piss. It's very insightful piss. If you were a Raider fan you would be justified with your piss. If you were a Charger fan you would be pissed off right now. And if you lived in California you would be really pissed. Wait til we beat the Raiders and the whole state can be pissed like you.
I would say piss off but you might get pissed at me.

Fish
09-28-2010, 04:35 PM
What a cup of piss it is.
Love that told ya so piss. That doubting piss. Love the pissy attitude and the pissy negativity. Sure do reading your piss. It's very insightful piss. If you were a Raider fan you would be justified with your piss. If you were a Charger fan you would be pissed off right now. And if you lived in California you would be really pissed. Wait til we beat the Raiders and the whole state can be pissed like you.
I would say piss off but you might get pissed at me.

13 instances of "piss". At least one in each sentence.

Well done.

HemiEd
09-28-2010, 04:55 PM
I also love when other teams score because of trick plays, they are brilliant, when the Chiefs do it, it's gimmicky.

Is this a SB team? No.

Is this team a playoff team? Probably.
http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=168904&highlight=lexicon
It is part of the CP Lexicon

The Lexicon has been posted several times in the last month and Titus even updated it.

1. Pissed Away - Any draft pick traded by KC
2. Wasted/Reach - Any draft pick used by KC to select a player
3. QBOTF - Any QB taken in the first 5 rounds of the draft, by any NFL franchise other than KC.
4. QB Bust - Any QB taken in any round of the draft by KC
5. Draft pick 'value' chart - A ruse by Carl planted in the media to 'justify' the Ryan Sims trade up in 2002.
6. Waste of Cap Dollars - Any FA that KC picks up
7. Cap Friendly Contract - Any contract signed by a FA to an NFL Franchise other than KC
8. Overpaid - Any trade, FA, draft pick signing made by KC
9. Good Cap Mgmt - Any trade, FA, draft pick signing made by any NFL franchise other than KC
10. Blind Homer - Any Chiefs fan that finds any 'good' value in any FA, draft pick, trade that KC makes. Can also include those who celebrate Chiefs victories during a losing season.
11. High on Pot/Heroine/Crack... - See Blind Homer.
12. The System - the reason why high quality players are cut from KC in favor of 'Waste of Cap Dollars' FA's or 'Wastes/Reaches'
13. High Profile College Prospects - Undrafted Free Agents that were not signed by KC
14. College Nobodies - Undrafted Free Agents signed by KC
15. gloom, despair, agony on me - a thread bemoaning the end of the upcoming KC season that's over 3-9 months away or just prior to the seasons start.
16. Dont question my fandom! - the flame war that ensues after a blind homer/High on Crack/Pot/Heroine posts in a 'gloom, despair, agony on me' thread.
17. Agressive-win now approach - When any other NFL franchise other than KC signs a veteran FA.
18. Short-sighted - When KC signs a veteran FA.
19. NFL Caliber Talent - something KC does not have, especially at 'key' positions, that all other NFL Franchises are teeming with.
20. Get Lucky - What caused FA, draft pick, traded player to have a 'good' season. b) Could also be the cause of a playoff win or SB win.
21. Good Season - Something that doesn't happen to the KC franchise.
22. Moron - Any of the numerous members of the Chiefs organization. Examples include: Dick Vermiel and Carl Peterson. b)Can also be used to identify a blind homer in a gloom, despair, agony on me thread
23. Winning the Lottery- What happens if a coach or player currently with KC had played in and won the SB with a another NFL franchise. This term will also be used to describe a KC SB winning season. See also 'Get Lucky'
24. The Profile - A mythical paradigm usually used as an excuse by the Chief's front office as a reason for not signing an impact free agent in their continued attempt to keep the team mediocre and fill the seats of Arrowhead stadium.
25. Prolific Success - KC going .500 with Gunther and or Marty
26. Decent Contract Offer - A contract not offered by Carl to sign a player in time for Training Camp. See Also Overpaid
27. Attempting to get better - Any FA signing by any NFL club other than KC. See also Agressive-win now approach
28. Genious - Any Internet BB poster who claims to know more about NFL talent evaluation, running an NFL franchise or playing in the NFL than those currently employed in the NFL.
29. Looser - The certified spelling of the commonly understood word 'Loser'. Extra 'o' is added for emphasis as to how big a loser receipient of said word really is.
30. Retart - The ChiefsPlanet spelling of the commonly understood word 'Retard'. Replacing the 'd' with a 't' is added for emphasis as to how stupid recipient of said word really is.
31. Minion/Cannon Fodder - See Blind Homer.
32. Circus Offense - A NFL leading offense in almost every statistical category when run by the Chiefs. See: 2001 - 2005 KC Chiefs
33. Real Offense - A NFL leading offense in almost every statistical category except when run by the Chiefs. See 2002-2006 Indianapolis Colts