tyton75
09-27-2010, 10:58 AM
sweet

L.A. Chieffan
09-27-2010, 10:59 AM
routine catch

DBOSHO
09-27-2010, 11:00 AM
Im really excited about moeaki. He looks like the real deal. What was his statline yesterday?

stevieray
09-27-2010, 11:00 AM
...it was just luck.

nothing to see here. move along.

Goldmember
09-27-2010, 11:03 AM
#1 http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-top-5-catches/09000d5d81adee95/Week-3-Top-5-catches

Crush
09-27-2010, 11:04 AM
Damn straight. That was beautiful.

beach tribe
09-27-2010, 11:06 AM
I Jizzed a little when he caught it.

Mr. Flopnuts
That's going to be a play of the year. If it was possible for your eyes to pop out of your head, it would've happened to me then.

L.A. Chieffan
goddamn the announcers yesterday were brutal. can we get gus johnson or spiro dedes like once this year? please?

philfree
09-27-2010, 11:07 AM
MoEEEAAAAkIIIIII!!!!!!!

PhilFree:arrow:

Duck Dog
09-27-2010, 11:08 AM
Damn straight. That was beautiful.

this x2

DBOSHO
09-27-2010, 11:09 AM
I heard it over the radio, and mitch sounded like he had the supergasm

Tuckdaddy

Yuck!ROFLROFL

Crush
goddamn the announcers yesterday were brutal. can we get gus johnson or spiro dedes like once this year? please?

If Gus Johnson called that play, then it would have been the greatest play in NFL history.

mnchiefsguy
09-27-2010, 11:15 AM
Awesome catch, and definitely deserved to be the top play.

-King-
09-27-2010, 11:17 AM
I couldn't watch the game yesterday so I had to rely on the gamethread. I just remember reading this and damn near being in tears

THAT CATCH IS RAPING MY MIND

MVChiefFan
09-27-2010, 11:30 AM
I'm not being a homer when I say this but that was literally one of the best catches I've ever seen.

Dayze
09-27-2010, 11:33 AM
He's no Ed McCaffrey / KnowMo

beach tribe
09-27-2010, 11:46 AM
Yuck!ROFLROFL

ROFLIt was pretty easy cause I was on Rock the whole game.

Otter
09-27-2010, 11:48 AM
He's no Ed McCaffrey / KnowMo

I agree, he'll never be a good actor. He's a football player. :D

ForeverChiefs58
09-27-2010, 11:53 AM

http://employeesofthemonth.net/phpBB3/images/smilies/jimp.png

mikeyis4dcats.
09-27-2010, 11:58 AM
says it's no longer available for me...

jAZ
09-27-2010, 11:59 AM
Antonio Gates' catch was more amazing, but Tony's was for a TD and was just picture perfect.

jAZ
09-27-2010, 11:59 AM
says it's no longer available for me...

That's cause I was watching it. You can have it now.

morphius
09-27-2010, 12:01 PM
You were not impressed with the new Arrowwood stadium, Matt Hasselbeck the Chiefs QB, and the spike that was a called time out? It was kind of funny when the other guy pointed out the lights on the display so he'd know next time, lol.

LaChapelle
09-27-2010, 12:12 PM
They were still better than listening to the SD fluffer
good night does he do every Charger game

Bane
09-27-2010, 12:13 PM
MOEAKI motherfuckers!!! That just happened!!!

CupidStunt
09-27-2010, 12:15 PM
That was a disgusting catch. Probably the best of any KC receiver in a long time. Anything recent that touches that?

Detoxing
09-27-2010, 12:21 PM
Antonio Gates' catch was more amazing, but Tony's was for a TD and was just picture perfect.

Which catch? The catch in the Seahawks Game where he almost dropped it and had to craddle it against his leg? That catch?

If that's the catch you're talking about, which I hope it isn't, you're tripping balls.

Detoxing
09-27-2010, 12:21 PM
They were still better than listening to the SD fluffer
good night does he do every Charger game

huh?

keg in kc
09-27-2010, 12:22 PM
That was an insane catch. Hell, it may be all downhill from there. He's got his highlight catch 3 games into his career. LMAO

If that kid can stay healthy, I think he's going to be something special.

Bane
09-27-2010, 12:23 PM
Which catch? The catch in the Seahawks Game where he almost dropped it and had to craddle it against his leg? That catch?

If that's the catch you're talking about, which I hope it isn't, you're tripping balls.

:shake:

LaChapelle
09-27-2010, 12:28 PM
Dan Foutz whining makes baby owls commit suicide

Stewie
09-27-2010, 12:35 PM

What? You don't like the idea of changing the stadium name to Arrowwood? Yes, they were brutal. That's two weeks in a row that we've had the bottom of the barrel.

DBOSHO
09-27-2010, 12:38 PM
Skip bailess just gave it a 9/10

If a hater gives it a 9, then you know its special

Fritz88
09-27-2010, 12:45 PM
It's a no brainer
Posted via Mobile Device

rocks
09-27-2010, 12:53 PM
It was down at our end of the field(sec104) and it was a freaking awesome catch!!!

BigChiefFan
09-27-2010, 12:54 PM
Moeaki has played really well, considering he's a rookie. Pioli deserves some props for the players he drafted this past off-season, most are already contributing in a big way and should get even better as they develop.

Reaper16
09-27-2010, 12:56 PM
I see stevieray didn't understand my point. What else is new.

This was a stunning, brilliant catch. One of the best I've ever seen. If a Chiefs player makes a better catch this season I will eat my hat.

redngold85
09-27-2010, 12:57 PM
fine fine catch...made me pee my pants

BigMeatballDave
09-27-2010, 12:57 PM
That catch was meh, now that throw. Wow.

stevieray
09-27-2010, 01:04 PM
I see stevieray didn't understand my point. What else is new.

This was a stunning, brilliant catch. One of the best I've ever seen. If a Chiefs player makes a better catch this season I will eat my hat.

awww...

breaking the catch down isn't a point.

the point is that because he can't make that catch every time is why we watch the game...sometimes the impossible is plausible.

philfree
09-27-2010, 01:18 PM
In regards to the throw Cassel made the right read and let it go and not doing so is supposed to be his weakness. God read+quick delivery+great catch= a great play be all involved.:clap: I'd like more please.

PhilFree:arrow:

Reaper16
09-27-2010, 01:37 PM
awww...

breaking the catch down isn't a point.

the point is that because he can't make that catch every time is why we watch the game...sometimes the impossible is plausible.
Yes? It doesn't sound as if we actually disagree here.

Wallcrawler
09-27-2010, 01:41 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jonSmXva4L8&feature=related

johnny961
09-27-2010, 02:21 PM
That catch was nothing shy of spectacular.

redhed
09-27-2010, 02:42 PM
I just love saying Moeaki. Moeaki, Moeaki, Moeaki!!

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-27-2010, 02:43 PM
The thing that kills me is that he's making that catch....

AS A ROOKIE.

Fuckin'-A, this team is going to absolutely fuckroll opponents in a couple of years. We are on our way to being THAT good.

Hog Farmer
09-27-2010, 02:58 PM
Well get used to seeing that type of catch because our QB is so fucking inaccurate thats what it's gonna take.

aturnis
09-27-2010, 04:49 PM
That catch was meh, now that throw. Wow.

Are you being sarcastic or are you must that retarded?

Shogun
09-27-2010, 04:50 PM
Incredible. I was speechless

DaneMcCloud
09-27-2010, 04:56 PM
Moeaki has played really well, considering he's a rookie. Pioli deserves some props for the players he drafted this past off-season, most are already contributing in a big way and should get even better as they develop.

He's made more impact three games into the season than Gonzalez made his entire rookie season.

I'm not suggesting his career will mimic the HOF career that TG has enjoyed, but to qualify "considering he's a rookie" is just silly.

The guy is a monster player and as I said at the end of April, had it not been for his injuries in college, the guy would have been a first rounder.

Count Alex's Wins
09-27-2010, 04:58 PM
He's made more impact three games into the season than Gonzalez made his entire rookie season.

He's just lucky Ted Popson isn't around to steals snaps.

BigMeatballDave
09-27-2010, 05:00 PM
Are you being sarcastic or are you must that retarded?I'm serious. I love me some Matt Cassel.

:D

DaneMcCloud
09-27-2010, 05:00 PM
He's just lucky Ted Popson isn't around to steals snaps.

Fuckin' Marty, Man.

BossChief
09-27-2010, 06:43 PM
You know whats great about the kid?

He plays his absolute best in the biggest games. This kid will manhandle a teams best rusher on one play (like Derrick Morgan in the Bowl game for Iowa last year) and then make a first down/touchdown catch on the next play then the next time hes on the field he is sealing the edge on a big run...just a outstanding, well rounded football player.

That catch was a great moment early in his career, but just the first of many.

Hug it Out Dan
09-27-2010, 06:46 PM
When I first saw that pass I wanted to yell "damnit Cassel" then I saw him make that play, and .....well I was speechless.

thurman merman
09-27-2010, 10:53 PM
When I first saw that pass I wanted to yell "damnit Cassel" then I saw him make that play, and .....well I was speechless.

Yeah, it looked like it was gonna go through the field goal posts. It was really an awful throw. I couldn't believe he caught it.

BossChief
09-27-2010, 10:58 PM
That pass looked more like an aley oop than a touchdown pass.

herkyhawkeye
09-27-2010, 11:30 PM
Moeaki is more talented and when healthy, better than Dallas Clark. Ferentz told Pioli, Moeaki was one of the three best players he has coached in his 11 year tenure at Iowa. There are currently 34 Iowa players in the league including 18 starters. Moeaki is the real deal. He has great speed for his size. He can leap as you can tell from his touchdown. He has great hands. He runs great routes. He has elite technique. He will be one of the better blocking tes in the league. He is as humble as he comes. He will continually push himself to get better and will. He is a team player first and has the intangibles that make him a good teammate in the locker room. He has injury problems but they get overblown. He has had some bad luck in terms of injuries but many of them have been fluke injuries that would have happened to any other player if they switched spots. He has no knee or shoulder damage so nothing that will linger.

I was gonna come on here around draft time to defend Moeaki but decided to let the results do the talking. Chiefs got a steal. Hes an early 1st round talent. Cassel isnt doing his job if he isnt looking downfield to Moeaki because hes gonna be open quite often. Dallas Clark is my favorite player fwiw. Enjoy.

BossChief
09-27-2010, 11:39 PM
Moeaki is more talented and when healthy, better than Dallas Clark. Ferentz told Pioli, Moeaki was one of the three best players he has coached in his 11 year tenure at Iowa. There are currently 34 Iowa players in the league including 18 starters. Moeaki is the real deal. He has great speed for his size. He can leap as you can tell from his touchdown. He has great hands. He runs great routes. He has elite technique. He will be one of the better blocking tes in the league. He is as humble as he comes. He will continually push himself to get better and will. He is a team player first and has the intangibles that make him a good teammate in the locker room. He has injury problems but they get overblown. He has had some bad luck in terms of injuries but many of them have been fluke injuries that would have happened to any other player if they switched spots. He has no knee or shoulder damage so nothing that will linger.

I was gonna come on here around draft time to defend Moeaki but decided to let the results do the talking. Chiefs got a steal. Hes an early 1st round talent. Cassel isnt doing his job if he isnt looking downfield to Moeaki because hes gonna be open quite often. Dallas Clark is my favorite player fwiw. Enjoy.

pretty much everything Ive been saying since well before the draft about the kid.

good first post.

Reaper16
09-27-2010, 11:40 PM
pretty much everything Ive been saying since well before the draft about the kid.

good first post.
Well of course you're going to think a Hawkeyes homer post is a good first post. :p

Carry on.

ForeverChiefs58
09-27-2010, 11:41 PM

http://home.comcast.net/~treehouse2421/IceCubeAtFirst.jpg

johnny961
09-27-2010, 11:49 PM

I just watched the replay again. Damn that was an awesome catch!

BossChief
09-28-2010, 12:03 AM
Well of course you're going to think a Hawkeyes homer post is a good first post. :p

Carry on.

I know this was just a joke, but it was FAR from a homer post.

There is a difference between realism and homerism.

michaelj_58
09-28-2010, 04:41 AM
great catch!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tribal Warfare
09-28-2010, 06:32 AM
<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/7ah0YmPCVYw?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/7ah0YmPCVYw?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

bask in its glory :rockon:

beach tribe
09-28-2010, 06:44 AM

I'm not suggesting his career will mimic the HOF career that TG has enjoyed, but to qualify "considering he's a rookie" is just silly.

The guy is a monster player and as I said at the end of April, had it not been for his injuries in college, the guy would have been a first rounder.

I am so pumped about this guy. You're right, I didn't check his scouting reports or anything, but dude is without a doubt 1st round talent. Kirk Ferentz said he's a better TE than Dallas Clark ever was. Shit, I want a 3rd round picks jersey after his 3rd game. That is awesome.

teedubya
09-28-2010, 08:47 AM
ROFLIt was pretty easy cause I was on Rock the whole game.

Hrmmmm

It was down at our end of the field(sec104) and it was a freaking awesome catch!!!

Shogun
09-28-2010, 08:49 AM
They did the top #10 plays this morning instead of the top #5, Moeaki gets #1 again and our Flea flicker got #7

Color Red
09-28-2010, 08:56 AM
I hear 49'r fans are calling it "the catch."

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-28-2010, 09:12 AM
I hear 49'r fans are calling it "the catch."

Awesome.

I wonder what Gonzales really thinks?

"They'll never replace ME".

Oops.

mlyonsd
09-28-2010, 10:03 AM
Yeah, it looked like it was gonna go through the field goal posts. It was really an awful throw. I couldn't believe he caught it.

I don't think Cassel could believe it either the way he was jumping around afterwards.

Seriously, it's easy and justifiable to be critical of Cassel's performance up till now. But one thing that sets apart all the 'elite' QB's is all of them have receivers that make a great play once in a while.

This was one of them.

Chief Henry
09-28-2010, 10:08 AM
I'm not being a homer when I say this but that was literally one of the best catches I've ever seen.

It was one of the best catches I've ever seen....When it happened I was like, OMG.

Micjones
09-28-2010, 10:09 AM
It's been the best catch I've seen all season.
The only other catch that compares is the Devin Hester TD from Week 1.

Hug it Out Dan
09-28-2010, 12:49 PM
It's been the best catch I've seen all season.
The only other catch that compares is the Devin Hester TD from Week 1.

Randy Moss' in week 2 against Revis was good too. Revis had poor coverage as Moss blew right by him, but Moss pretty much caught that thing like a baseball.

Fritz88
09-28-2010, 12:54 PM
He's a bust
Posted via Mobile Device

aturnis
09-28-2010, 03:54 PM
<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/7ah0YmPCVYw?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/7ah0YmPCVYw?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

bask in its glory :rockon:

Fundamental Physics Laws Change Depending on When and Where You Are, New Study Says (http://www.popsci.com/science/article/2010-09/physics-laws-change-depending-when-and-where-you-are-new-study-says) <-- linky

A particularly mind-bending (and controversial) physics paper surfaced in the past week that should make you feel pretty special. It seems the laws of physics can change after all, and it just so happens they're uniquely suited for us right here, right now.

The paper, recently submitted to Physical Review Letters and posted to the physics arXiv, suggests the fine structure constant is not actually constant at all. This could mean that if we were in a different place or time period, atoms would not stay together and nothing — neither planets nor people — could exist.

A team led by John Webb at the University of New South Wales, Australia, has been studying whether the fine structure constant, otherwise known as alpha, changes over time. Alpha is a special number that essentially describes the strength of the electromagnetic force. The famous physicist Richard Feynman called its value "one of the greatest damn mysteries of physics." If it is not 1/137.036, things fall apart.

If alpha was different in the past, the universe might have looked different, too, which could be determined by looking at distant interstellar gases and how they absorb light. Observations by Webb and others at the Keck Observatory in Hawaii suggest that this is exactly the case — over time, alpha has changed ever so slightly.

Related Articles
Researchers Devise the First Experimental Test of Controversial, Confusing String Theory
At Physics Conference, Scientists Say They Are Closing In on 'God Particle'
Are We Living Inside a Black Hole?
Tags
Science, Rebecca Boyle, cosmology, physics, richard feynman, Telescopes, universe
Competing studies did not find the same result, however, so this is still a controversial idea. But it’s a fair bet Webb’s follow-up is even more tendentious: He says alpha also changes over space. According to his theory, we’re smack in the Goldilocks zone, where alpha is exactly the right value to make matter possible.

This paper happened because Webb and his team wanted to reexamine their Keck findings, which suggested alpha was a tiny bit smaller about 9 billion years in the past. They went to the Very Large Observatory in Chile to check it out, and were shocked by what they saw: the further they looked, the bigger alpha got. The discrepancy is even stranger given the two telescopes’ positions: they are in two different hemispheres, so they look in two different directions.

So, to recap: in one direction, alpha was once smaller; in exactly the opposite direction, it was once bigger. This implies that alpha continuously varies throughout space. As Technology Review’s physics blog puts it, that's a mind-blowing result. If it’s true and can be verified, it could mean the universe is much larger than what we can see, and that the laws of physics vary within it.

It would not be possible for our type of life to exist in a place where alpha were any different. So here’s to here and now.

aturnis
09-28-2010, 03:57 PM
http://home.comcast.net/~treehouse2421/IceCubeAtFirst.jpg

ROFLROFL:clap::D
Funniest thing I've seen in awhile!