PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs 810 Kissing Cassel's Ass(guess who!)

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-27-2010, 11:25 AM
Man, if you ever suspected Soren Petro didn't know jack fucking shit about the QB position, you're getting proven right like a motherfucker this morning.

Hilarious to listen to his idiotic takes this morning.

I hate bringing this up after a our win and record, but Petro's idiocy can not go unanswered, and that last rant was just RARE form.

So,

1) Congratulations Chiefs, you RULIN'!

2) Petro? Piss on you. Piss on your head.

Reerun_KC
09-27-2010, 11:31 AM
huh?

tyton75
09-27-2010, 11:33 AM
Cassell isn't going to the probowl and he has a noodle arm. But he isn't complete crap at the position either.

gblowfish
09-27-2010, 11:34 AM
810 is on the Chiefs payroll now. Keep that in mind.

Dayze
09-27-2010, 11:35 AM
Cassel had some decent plays yesterday for sure. however, he is still woefully inaccurate. He derseves not to be slammed after that performance, but let's not overreact to what we really have.

Here's to hoping he has more games like yesterday.

MikeMaslowski
09-27-2010, 11:35 AM
Cocaine is a hell of a drug.

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-27-2010, 11:38 AM
Cassel had some decent plays yesterday for sure. however, he is still woefully inaccurate. He derseves not to be slammed after that performance, but let's not overreact to what we really have.

Here's to hoping he has more games like yesterday.

I agree. And as I said, it really chaps my ass to even go this route after such a glorious win, but that fucking Petro just happened to hit the "piss me off"-button as the FIRST DAMNED THING I hear out of his mouth when I tuned-in, and all I wanted was to get some post-win local/happy vibes.

Dayze
09-27-2010, 11:45 AM
yeah, I caught Petro on my way back from lunch.

I'm like "dude...seriously"? He was drilling that caller for being so negative on Cassel, then went on to piss and moan for the next 10 minutes.

keg in kc
09-27-2010, 11:45 AM
I woke up to "Berry played okay I guess but he made a gigantic mistake on the kickoff!"

He's gonna keep on beatin' that drum until he marches off a cliff...

mnchiefsguy
09-27-2010, 11:47 AM
Yeah, 810 is too busy trying to be cozy with the Chiefs, and 610 is too busy shouting "We are not like 810" to be any good. Soren is not happy unless he is complaining about something.

DeezNutz
09-27-2010, 11:48 AM
As I've said before, Soren is the consummate True Fan.

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-27-2010, 12:26 PM
yeah, I caught Petro on my way back from lunch.

I'm like "dude...seriously"? He was drilling that caller for being so negative on Cassel, then went on to piss and moan for the next 10 minutes.

I woke up to "Berry played okay I guess but he made a gigantic mistake on the kickoff!"

He's gonna keep on beatin' that drum until he marches off a cliff...

These. Exactly. And wish to high hell he'd STFU about Berry; every time he talks about him, he comes off as an un-knowledgeable ass.

Bambi
09-28-2010, 10:29 AM
Wow, Petro is sucking extra hard today.

The dude has literally gotten worse over the last 5 years since I've been listening.

chiefsnorth
09-28-2010, 10:33 AM
What does he have against Berry? Did he hate the pick at the time, so now he's basically rooting against him?

Bambi
09-28-2010, 10:35 AM
What does he have against Berry? Did he hate the pick at the time, so now he's basically rooting against him?

Now he's pissing on everyone for whatever reason.

If he uses the saying "and now everyone says everything's fixed" again I'm gonna shoot myself

The Bad Guy
09-28-2010, 10:36 AM
It's hilarious that he praises Cassel but rips Berry who's in his 3rd NFL game.

Berry played a fine game on Sunday.

Bambi
09-28-2010, 10:37 AM

Maybe he wanted us to take Kyle Wilson?

Bambi
09-28-2010, 10:39 AM
Now we're reviewing concession prices for NFL teams.

Molitoth
09-28-2010, 10:40 AM
I used to hate KK, and like Soren's takes .... but over the past year I've flip flopped and enjoy KK talking much more than Soren. (unless its about something stupid like golf)

chiefsnorth
09-28-2010, 10:40 AM
Now he's pissing on everyone for whatever reason.

If he uses the saying "and now everyone says everything's fixed" again I'm gonna shoot myself

I hate that. Someone here was doing that yesterday. Nobody, literally nobody, is saying everything is fixed or that this team has no issues. It's just lazy and dishonest to straw man people who are generally optimistic about a player or the team as a whole. No one is saying those things - most people feel it is only 50-50 at best that this is a playoff team. There are no people saying this kind of stuff (well, maybe the high school dropouts who call 810 in the middle of the day)

Bambi
09-28-2010, 10:48 AM
I hate that. Someone here was doing that yesterday. Nobody, literally nobody, is saying everything is fixed or that this team has no issues. It's just lazy and dishonest to straw man people who are generally optimistic about a player or the team as a whole. No one is saying those things - most people feel it is only 50-50 at best that this is a playoff team. There are no people saying this kind of stuff (well, maybe the high school dropouts who call 810 in the middle of the day)

"WE GOT RID OF KING CARL! EVERYTHING'S FIXED!?!"

keg in kc
09-28-2010, 12:01 PM
It's hilarious that he praises Cassel but rips Berry who's in his 3rd NFL game.

Berry played a fine game on Sunday.If Berry wasn't already playing well within the scheme, the defense wouldn't be 20 spots better than it was last year. Which it is. He has to be a part of that improvement, even if he's not making highlight plays yet.

Reerun_KC
09-28-2010, 12:05 PM
If Berry wasn't already playing well within the scheme, the defense wouldn't be 20 spots better than it was last year. Which it is. He has to be a part of that improvement, even if he's not making highlight plays yet.

I think his run support has been off the charts to this point...

Just the small fact that he is getting worked by people going deep on him, is the only concern. That will be fixed in time with experience.

buddha
09-28-2010, 12:14 PM
Cassel isn't the greatest QB, but some of you guys aren't going to be happy until he is dead and buried. Give it a rest. The team is 3-0 and Cassel deserves some of the credit. Now that he is getting some protection, he isn't throwing that badly. He's never going to be super accurate or have an Elway arm. Big deal! He's still better than a long list of pretenders that have come through KC over the past couple of decades.

Oh, and I guess Pioli isn't a complete idiot now, right?

Hug it Out Dan
09-28-2010, 12:16 PM
Cassel deserves some credit for the game he played yesterday. He played well. A lot of that though was because of YAC (which is fine really from a team standpoint) and some trickery as well.

He still needs to drastically improve if he wants to be even a decent starter in this league. His arm isn't great and he holds onto the ball too long.....way too long. If he improves, it would help this team like no other.

Hug it Out Dan
09-28-2010, 12:16 PM
Its been night/day in terms of this team's better tackling and better run support.

This team has been horrible at tackling for about the past decade.

Saul Good
09-28-2010, 12:28 PM
If Berry wasn't already playing well within the scheme, the defense wouldn't be 20 spots better than it was last year. Which it is. He has to be a part of that improvement, even if he's not making highlight plays yet.

He has made a highlight play in each game sp far. The problem is that he's been on the wrong of the highlight.

He blew coverages in each of the first two games and gave up a TD each time. On Sunday, he was offsides on the kickoff. If he wasn't everybody's favorite draft pick, he would be getting killed around here.

Bowser
09-28-2010, 12:31 PM
He has made a highlight play in each game sp far. The problem is that he's been on the wrong of the highlight.

He blew coverages in each of the first two games and gave up a TD each time. On Sunday, he was offsides on the kickoff. If he wasn't everybody's favorite draft pick, he would be getting killed around here.

He's a rookie. Rookies make mistakes. Charles Woodson got clowned by Elvis fucking Grbac as a rookie.

I'm willing to give this kid time just for the sake of his potential. All this hand wringing and sandy giner shit over Berry not playing like Ed Reed and Polamalu combined in his first three games as a pro is just ridiculous.

Bambi
09-28-2010, 12:32 PM
Cassel isn't the greatest QB, but some of you guys aren't going to be happy until he is dead and buried. Give it a rest. The team is 3-0 and Cassel deserves some of the credit. Now that he is getting some protection, he isn't throwing that badly. He's never going to be super accurate or have an Elway arm. Big deal! He's still better than a long list of pretenders that have come through KC over the past couple of decades.

Oh, and I guess Pioli isn't a complete idiot now, right?

I'm fine with Matt Cassell only because there's simply no one else out there.

And there isn't anyone in college that excites me.

Sure Sam Bradford is gonna be good but I don't feel like waiting around for 3 years before he gets it together.

I'm fine with moving forward with Cassell for now.

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-28-2010, 12:47 PM
Howard Stern >>>>>>>>Petro.

keg in kc
09-28-2010, 12:51 PM
He's a rookie. Rookies make mistakes. Charles Woodson got clowned by Elvis ****ing Grbac as a rookieAnd he plays the most exposed position on the field other than quarterback. When he makes a mistake everybody knows it, because he's literally the last line of defense. So far he's made two recognizable defensive mistakes in three games. Which for good or ill is several less per game than any Chiefs safety of the last 5 or 6 years. With three games experience. He's better in run support, and he's been part of what has to this point been stifling coverage in the secondary.

But I only say that because I'm a fan of the pick, not because the defense is, you know, actually noticeably better or anything....

OnTheWarpath58
09-28-2010, 12:52 PM
He's a rookie. Rookies make mistakes. Charles Woodson got clowned by Elvis fucking Grbac as a rookie.

I'm willing to give this kid time just for the sake of his potential. All this hand wringing and sandy giner shit over Berry not playing like Ed Reed and Polamalu combined in his first three games as a pro is just ridiculous.

Rep.

OnTheWarpath58
09-28-2010, 12:53 PM
And he plays the most exposed position on the field other than quarterback. When he makes a mistake everybody knows it, because he's literally the last line of defense. So far he's made two recognizable defensive mistakes in three games. Which for good or ill is several less per game than any Chiefs safety of the last 5 or 6 years. With three games experience. He's better in run support, and he's been part of what has to this point been stifling coverage in the secondary.

But I only say that because I'm a fan of the pick, not because the defense is, you know, actually noticeably better or anything....

You too, Keg.

blaise
09-28-2010, 01:01 PM
Wow, Petro is sucking extra hard today.

The dude has literally gotten worse over the last 5 years since I've been listening.

He's way too comfortable there. I get the feeling he thinks he's doing them a favor by being employed there.

Dave Lane
09-28-2010, 01:02 PM
These. Exactly. And wish to high hell he'd STFU about Berry; every time he talks about him, he comes off as an un-knowledgeable ass.

Now I'm starting to understand why you have the rep you do. Berry has looked like crap. Huge mistakes but everyone wanted him so he gets a pass. Everyone hates Cassel so he can't do anything right.

If Berry had been projected in the 3rd round and nobody had advocated for him people would be pulling their hair out screaming why the fuck this fucking boob was drafted at #5.

Get off your soapbox act like an adult and remember your opinion means nothing to anyone but you.

OnTheWarpath58
09-28-2010, 01:03 PM
Speaking of an un-knowledgeable ass.

Reerun_KC
09-28-2010, 01:16 PM
Now I'm starting to understand why you have the rep you do. Berry has looked like crap. Huge mistakes but everyone wanted him so he gets a pass. Everyone hates Cassel so he can't do anything right.

If Berry had been projected in the 3rd round and nobody had advocated for him people would be pulling their hair out screaming why the **** this ****ing boob was drafted at #5.

Get off your soapbox act like an adult and remember your opinion means nothing to anyone but you.

Very nice post. Much rep...

Detoxing
09-28-2010, 01:41 PM

If Berry had been projected in the 3rd round and nobody had advocated for him people would be pulling their hair out screaming why the **** this ****ing boob was drafted at #5.

Yeah fucking right.

Berry has hardly looked like crap. He blew two coverages. What? a rookie Safety blew too coverages?

Holy fuck! Stop the presses!

aside from that, the guy has been lights out. He's been all over the field, breaking up passes, looks absolutely explosive on the blitz and has been excellent in run support.

You keep comparing him to Jackson and it's not even close. Jackson got dominated in his first year and showed nothing promising.

Berry has fucked up, and then comes back and makes a great play.

You are a bad judge of talent. The guy is a stud, and apparently you can't see that.

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-28-2010, 03:46 PM
Wait, Lane is comparing him to Jackson?!

ROFL

Yeah, STFU Lane.

'Hamas' Jenkins
09-28-2010, 04:01 PM

I am not surprised in the least.

DBOSHO
09-28-2010, 04:11 PM
Berry is a big part of why we went from one of the worst defenses to one of the best, but other than that, he sucks...

Brock
09-28-2010, 04:45 PM

This right here, Dave, should be your first clue you're a fucking moron.

DeezNutz
09-28-2010, 04:51 PM

If Berry had an ass load less talent and some stupid fuck reached by 75 slots to select him, you're right; people might have less patience with the player.

Words fail, actually.

Saul Good
09-28-2010, 05:13 PM
If Berry had an ass load less talent and some stupid **** reached by 75 slots to select him, you're right; people might have less patience with the player.

Words fail, actually.

You mean like if Clausen was drafted with the first overall pick?

Berry is going to be great, but he has had three massive screw-ups in three games. That doesn't mean that he's not going to be a fantastic player, but people give him a pass because he was the guy they wanted.

The same people who give Berry a pass would not be doing the same if they had wanted a different player.

DeezNutz
09-28-2010, 05:16 PM
You mean like if Clausen was drafted with the first overall pick?

Berry is going to be great, but he has had three massive screw-ups in three games. That doesn't mean that he's not going to be a fantastic player, but people give him a pass because he was the guy they wanted.

The same people who give Berry a pass would not be doing the same if they had wanted a different player.

No, people give him a "pass" (don't agree with this term at all) because his resume and skill set justify patience. Just like many were loath to give up on Dorsey, and remember that no one thought we would have a chance to draft this player until the draft actually unfolded.

Jackson, positional value be damned, cannot sniff the skill set or accolades of either of these players.

Reerun_KC
09-28-2010, 05:33 PM
I am not surprised in the least.

nor do I care if your surprised or not...

Reerun_KC
09-28-2010, 05:35 PM
This right here, Dave, should be your first clue you're a ****ing moron.

I havent been paying attention to your posts, but I thought you liked Berry?

You off the Berry Bandwagon now?

keg in kc
09-28-2010, 05:38 PM
Let's think about this Berry/Clausen thing logically for a second. First, most of the people who seem happy with the pick happen to be people who'd be thrilled if a QB was drafted, but let's set that fact aside momentarily and think in terms of numbers.

Berry has made 3 mistakes in 3 weeks for a defense that has gone from one of the worst in the league to one pushing the top 10, giving up 75 fewer yards per game and allowing less than half as many scores.

So, imagining that Clausen was drafted instead, and he and the offense performed in a manner similar to Berry and the defense, he'd be posting weekly numbers somewhere along the lines of 15-25 for 200 yards 1 TD and 1 INT per game for a unit that would be somewhere in the top half of the league's offenses. That would be a workmanlike rating of 82 for a rookie quarterback, including some positive plays, but tossing an interception that, while not pretty, would have absolutely no impact on the outcome of the game.

Yeah, I don't think anybody would have a problem with that. At all.

That's what Berry has done so far for the defense.

The Bad Guy
09-28-2010, 05:51 PM

This is proof that people literally thought Berry would get off the bus and be an all-pro.

Here's some info. Peyton Manning even threw into triple coverage his 3rd game.

What a bullshit post. The guy has made plays, been in position, and solidified a secondary that hasn't had shit at safety in 10 years. Yeah, he got toasted twice, but so do 90% of the safeties in this league.

Brock
09-28-2010, 05:54 PM
I havent been paying attention to your posts, but I thought you liked Berry?

You off the Berry Bandwagon now?

What?

Reerun_KC
09-28-2010, 05:54 PM
This is proof that people literally thought Berry would get off the bus and be an all-pro.

What a bullshit post. The guy has made plays, been in position, and solidified a secondary that hasn't had shit at safety in 10 years. Yeah, he got toasted twice, but so do 90% of the safeties in this league.

And before the season is over, he will get toasted another 3-8 times...

BUT, he has the make up to be and all-pro....

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-28-2010, 06:23 PM
And before the season is over, he will get toasted another 3-8 times...

BUT, he has the make up to be and all-pro....

Ghey.

googlegoogle
09-28-2010, 06:28 PM
Gay jazz pianist.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_seoBbajEnPA/TBkDXFlUgrI/AAAAAAAAObs/tH5CctckOy0/s1600/Fred4_lo_res.jpg

Pablo
09-28-2010, 07:58 PM
Get off your soapbox act like an adult and remember your opinion means nothing to anyone but you.Says the guy who turns every thread with a Christian post into a "LOOK AT ME, I DON'T BELIEVE IN NONA DA STUFF CUZ I'M WAAAYY SMARTED DAN JOO" thread.

Dave Lane
09-28-2010, 08:25 PM

That's not my point. The point is that if no one had wanted this guy half the planet would be screaming for his scalp. He gave up 2 TDs and cost us an onside kick.

Ok let me try to make it even clearer. Suppose we hadn't drafted Berry and Mike Brown had made those plays. What do you think people would be saying?

The Bad Guy
09-28-2010, 08:29 PM
That's not my point. The point is that if no one had wanted this guy half the planet would be screaming for his scalp. He gave up 2 TDs and cost us an onside kick.

Ok let me try to make it even clearer. Suppose we hadn't drafted Berry and Mike Brown had made those plays. What do you think people would be saying?

That Mike Brown is a 10 year veteran that shouldn't jump routes.

You're missing the difference between playing in 1-2 NFL games, and being a veteran, who has played in the NFL a long time.

The difference is, Mike Brown isn't learning from that mistake. Eric Berry will and he will improve.

Dave Lane
09-28-2010, 08:40 PM
All my posts are directed to the knee jerk reaction ROR seems to have with ANY pro Cassel talk and any negative Berry talk. JFC how far down do I have to dissect this to make it understood?

I think Berry is doing fine. Not great, so far he's probably the worst of all the draft picks for living up to pre draft hype. I don't expect Berry to be a success overnight nor do I think the final chapter is written on Cassel. I have hope for both players even if they haven't done much to justify that yet. Bottom line they are both going to be starters this years so I hope Berry gets 50 picks and Cassel throws 50 TDs.

Sure-Oz
09-28-2010, 09:06 PM
Kietzman was talkin about Cassel visiting Zeppys pizza for a chiefs thing and after it was over he went out the back door to leave and saw 2 kids throwing a football and decided to throw them some passes for 20 min. Pretty cool to hear.

DeezNutz
09-28-2010, 09:07 PM
Kietzman was talkin about Cassel visiting Zeppys pizza for a chiefs thing and after it was over he went out the back door to leave and saw 2 kids throwing a football and decided to throw them some passes for 20 min. Pretty cool to hear.

Some of the most memorable overthrows those kids had ever seen...:evil:

the Talking Can
09-28-2010, 09:12 PM
Now I'm starting to understand why you have the rep you do. Berry has looked like crap. Huge mistakes but everyone wanted him so he gets a pass.

that's one of the most flaming-ly stupid things ever posted on this board

Sure-Oz
09-28-2010, 09:13 PM

LMAO

I was thinking of putting that in there but i knew someone would come along lol.

Reaper16
09-28-2010, 09:29 PM
Dave: your posts in this thread are very stupid. HTH

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-28-2010, 09:48 PM

ROFL

Jerm
09-28-2010, 10:17 PM

I wonder how many times he checked down.....

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-28-2010, 10:18 PM
I wonder how many times he checked down.....

ROFL

"Okay, you line up left, you line up right; and just STAY THERE, M'KAY"?

opraider
09-28-2010, 10:21 PM
YAWN!

Jerm
09-28-2010, 10:21 PM
ROFL

"Okay, you line up left, you line up right; and just STAY THERE, M'KAY"?

I wonder if he showed them how not to throw the Hail Mary.

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-28-2010, 10:25 PM
I wonder if he showed them how not to throw the Hail Mary.

"See that dumpster over there"?

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-28-2010, 10:28 PM
YAWN!

Yeah, the Raiders tend to make yawn too.

KChiefs1
12-26-2010, 02:01 PM
Haters!

Reerun_KC
12-26-2010, 02:03 PM
I love these bumped threads....

Pitt Gorilla
12-26-2010, 02:39 PM
The Cassel haters are retarded and even they know it.

doomy3
12-26-2010, 02:39 PM
ROFL

ROFL

Farzin
12-26-2010, 02:51 PM
Man, if you ever suspected Soren Petro didn't know jack ****ing shit about the QB position, you're getting proven right like a mother****er this morning.

Hilarious to listen to his idiotic takes this morning.

I hate bringing this up after a our win and record, but Petro's idiocy can not go unanswered, and that last rant was just RARE form.

So,

1) Congratulations Chiefs, you RULIN'!

2) Petro? Piss on you. Piss on your head.

ROFL

Reerun_KC
12-26-2010, 02:56 PM
ROR = Fail

Sweet Daddy Hate
12-26-2010, 02:58 PM
Glad to be wrong. Even if it means having to endure the ridicule, it's worth it. I fly my colors in a different State, and I fly them proudly win or lose. That said, when we're winning, it's WAY more fun.

I've been a huge dick to quite a few people regarding Cassel, and I fully apologize for my continuous annoying behavior, and I mean it. I'm done bagging on him for real, though I might flip him a little shit in a jesting way. I was wrong to expect so much from him in such a short time, and he has completely accelerated his development and level of play.

Matt Cassel FTW,
ROR for the complete and utter FAIL.

Pitt Gorilla
12-26-2010, 03:01 PM
Glad to be wrong. Even if it means having to endure the ridicule, it's worth it. I fly my colors in a different State, and I fly them proudly win or lose. That said, when we're winning, it's WAY more fun.

I've been a huge dick to quite a few people regarding Cassel, and I fully apologize for my continuous annoying behavior, and I mean it. I'm done bagging on him for real, though I might flip him a little shit in a jesting way. I was wrong to expect so much from him in such a short time, and he has completely accelerating his development and level of play.

Matt Cassel FTW,
ROR for the complete and utter FAIL.It's no big deal; you, like a lot of Chiefs fans, don't understand football. It's not entirely your fault.

Sweet Daddy Hate
12-26-2010, 03:02 PM
It's no big deal; you, like a lot of Chiefs fans, don't understand football. It's not entirely your fault.

I'm still learning for sure.

GoHuge
12-26-2010, 03:51 PM
Funny how these internet things don't go away and can come back to make you look real stupid. This is a perfect example. Cassel and Petro look pretty good right now with regards to this thread. ROR.........lookin pretty ****in stupid! :)

At least you can admit a mistake though........give you props for that at least.

MadMax
12-26-2010, 04:02 PM

I've been a huge dick to quite a few people regarding Cassel, and I fully apologize for my continuous annoying behavior, and I mean it. I'm done bagging on him for real, though I might flip him a little shit in a jesting way. I was wrong to expect so much from him in such a short time, and he has completely accelerating his development and level of play.

Matt Cassel FTW,

Don't let em dog ya bro!!! We both felt the same way, it's just sometimes we get it wrong :) I'm happy as shit right now. Good for the Chiefs and good for us fans.

Sweet Daddy Hate
12-26-2010, 04:03 PM
Funny how these internet things don't go away and can come back to make you look real stupid. This is a perfect example. Cassel and Petro look pretty good right now with regards to this thread. ROR.........lookin pretty ****in stupid! :)

At least you can admit a mistake though........give you props for that at least.

I hope Petro will man up to his Berry mistake...

MadMax
12-26-2010, 04:06 PM
The Cassel haters are retarded and even they know it.

Not really, we are sure happy for success even though we were wrong. I am liking Cassel now when I didn't before but that doesn't make me retarded. I'm happy you think you are right ALL the time.

doomy3
12-26-2010, 04:07 PM
Don't let em dog ya bro!!! We both felt the same way, it's just sometimes we get it wrong :) I'm happy as shit right now. Good for the Chiefs and good for us fans.

There's a huge difference between "getting it wrong" and acting like a total douche at every opportunity. It seems like ROR finally understands that.

Pitt Gorilla
12-26-2010, 04:09 PM
Not really, we are sure happy for success even though we were wrong. I am liking Cassel now when I didn't before but that doesn't make me retarded. I'm happy you think you are right ALL the time.Blindly hating while refusing to see improvement IS retarded. I'm not right all the time, but I tend to let accrued data impact my thinking (instead of perpetually defending crap).

Mr. Laz
12-26-2010, 04:11 PM
It's no big deal; you, like a lot of Chiefs fans, don't understand football. It's not entirely your fault.
mecca?

oh snap ... ROFL

MadMax
12-26-2010, 04:13 PM
Blindly hating while refusing to see improvement IS retarded. I'm not right all the time, but I tend to let accrued data impact my thinking (instead of perpetually defending crap).

It's ok to be a total DICK like you are too I guess.I never said I didn't see improvement, nor did I constantly blame Cassel.

Pitt Gorilla
12-26-2010, 04:16 PM
It's ok to be a total DICK like you are too I guess.I never said I didn't see improvement, nor did I constantly blame Cassel.I never said I was talking about you. There are those who refused to acknowledge his continual improvement, seemingly due to not wanting to be "wrong." How would you refer to such actions?

MadMax
12-26-2010, 04:19 PM
I never said I was talking about you. There are those who refused to acknowledge his continual improvement, seemingly due to not wanting to be "wrong." How would you refer to such actions?

It's all good, he played a helluva game today...I was pissed when they put in Croyle LOL!!! no animosity intended.

cabletech94
12-26-2010, 04:23 PM

Matt Cassel FTW,

humble castle pie REP right there, bro.
respect to the man that admits he (and most of us) was wrong!:thumb:

KcMizzou
12-26-2010, 04:25 PM

Matt Cassel FTW,
ROR for the complete and utter FAIL.Never felt so good to be wrong, huh? :) :D

Sweet Daddy Hate
12-26-2010, 04:29 PM
humble castle pie REP right there, bro.
respect to the man that admits he (and most of us) was wrong!:thumb:

The season doesn't last forever, and we're entering the best part of it as COMPETITORS finally. We didn't get here by chance, and Cassel has been a HUGE part of making that happen. I just want to enjoy the rest of the year and support the team with my fellow fans instead of arguing a bunch of retarded horseshit.

Besides, the argument is OVER.

Sweet Daddy Hate
12-26-2010, 04:29 PM
Never felt so good to be wrong, huh? :) :D

Damn straight.:thumb:

KcMizzou
12-26-2010, 04:31 PM
The season doesn't last forever, and we're entering the best part of it as COMPETITORS finally. We didn't get here by chance, and Cassel has been a HUGE part of making that happen. I just want to enjoy the rest of the year and support the team with my fellow fans instead of arguing a bunch of retarded horseshit.

Besides, the argument is OVER.Seems like the Chiefs are playing their best, at the perfect time... I can't lie... I'm excited as hell.

Who knows, ya know?

Al Bundy
12-26-2010, 04:45 PM
Petro won't ever own up to the Berry thing.

Sweet Daddy Hate
12-26-2010, 04:47 PM
Seems like the Chiefs are playing their best, at the perfect time... I can't lie... I'm excited as hell.

Who knows, ya know?

Any Given Sunday, my man. And this is the kind of team that if we get a few things to go our way, we have just as much of a chance as any other team.

Gonzo
12-26-2010, 05:23 PM
Cut the guy some slack. After the 1st three games this year and all of last season I'd say the majority of KC fans were about ready to write Matt off.
Who here honestly thought the guy would play this well after that slow start?
I really think they, (being Weiss and Haley) took the leash off of him and said, "Fuck it Matt, do your thing" and they let him become more vertical.
I'm nearly 100% sold on the guy now and bearing a huge melt down he'll be our QB for many years to come.
Posted via Mobile Device

KcMizzou
12-26-2010, 05:26 PM
Cut the guy some slack. After the 1st three games this year and all of last season I'd say the majority of KC fans were about ready to write Matt off.
I really think they, (being Weiss and Haley) took the leash off of him and said, "**** it Matt, do your thing" and they let him become more vertical.
I'm nearly 100% sold on the guy now and bearing a huge melt down he'll be our QB for many years to come.
Posted via Mobile DeviceI'm not going to rub anything in, as far as RoR goes. I was in the same boat, I just wasn't as vocal about it. Still holding out hope... ya know. In the end... success for the Chiefs makes us all happy. (well, most of us)

stevieray
12-26-2010, 05:28 PM

:harumph:

doomy3
12-26-2010, 05:31 PM
I really think they, (being Weiss and Haley) took the leash off of him and said, "**** it Matt, do your thing" and they let him become more vertical.
Posted via Mobile Device

There were several of us here who thought he was capable of playing at a very high level. And a large group who thought we were better off with him instead of Sanchez or Clausen, which was the topic of most of the debate.

Reaper16
12-26-2010, 05:34 PM
The only reason anyone had for thinking that Cassel could play this well was the color of the jersey Cassel wears.

doomy3
12-26-2010, 05:38 PM
The only reason anyone had for thinking that Cassel could play this well was the color of the jersey Cassel wears.

Well, that's not true.

His play in New England was another reason. Most people discounted it because he was throwing to good receivers, but that season wasn't a fluke either.

That, and there was definitely a level of trust in that Pioli would bring him in from New England, since he knew him as well as anyone.

Pitt Gorilla
12-26-2010, 05:40 PM
The only reason anyone had for thinking that Cassel could play this well was the color of the jersey Cassel wears.http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=211425&highlight=cassel+throws

Reaper16
12-26-2010, 05:50 PM
Well, that's not true.

His play in New England was another reason. Most people discounted it because he was throwing to good receivers, but that season wasn't a fluke either.

That, and there was definitely a level of trust in that Pioli would bring him in from New England, since he knew him as well as anyone.
Sure, the more nuanced answer would be that people thought Cassel would be good out of trusting Pioli. That trust seems to be bearing out, but something happening that one did nothing but hope for does not mean that one was right.

Cassel frequently looked like ass in NE. Average at best; he even looked subpar in that game against the Jets. And until he was in a Chiefs uni, less than 10 people on this board wanted him.

People had a legit reason to hope -- Pioli -- but beyond the hope, there were very few that could give a cogent argument for why Cassel would be good.

Pitt Gorilla
12-26-2010, 07:20 PM
Sure, the more nuanced answer would be that people thought Cassel would be good out of trusting Pioli. That trust seems to be bearing out, but something happening that one did nothing but hope for does not mean that one was right.

Cassel frequently looked like ass in NE. Average at best; he even looked subpar in that game against the Jets. And until he was in a Chiefs uni, less than 10 people on this board wanted him.

People had a legit reason to hope -- Pioli -- but beyond the hope, there were very few that could give a cogent argument for why Cassel would be good.Read my link below: I saw him in TC. He had all of the tools. If he had a good OL last year, I think he's maturation would have happened even sooner.

Sweet Daddy Hate
12-28-2010, 12:35 AM
There were several of us here who thought he was capable of playing at a very high level. And a large group who thought we were better off with him instead of Sanchez or Clausen, which was the topic of most of the debate.

We are MUCH better off with Cassel instead of Sanchez or Clausen. Matt is WAY more consistent, and he's getting smarter and braver in his overall development.

Piss on Sanchez, Rex, Revis, and the Son O' FAIL Schottenhymen; if we play the NYJ, I hope we piss-pound the life-essence out of them.