PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Scouting the Colts...

Pages : [1] 2

Count Zarth
09-28-2010, 12:07 AM
Charlie and Romeo got two weeks. So do we. Let's look for chinks in the armor, and I ain't talkin' 'bout no chinamen...

http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=34160

1. Colts can't run the ball.

Joseph Addai ran soft today, but I think a good deal of that can be contributed to his knee injury. I asked, in the game thread, why coaches risked playing him then, if the OL is as bad at run-blocking as it seems to be. And Butter replied with the obvious answer: pass-blocking. I think the coaches lack that much confidence in Donald Brown on down to pass block that they'd rather play a gimpy Addai.
2. Hali could own this guy.

OT: Jeff Linkenbach, while not as good as Charlie Johnson, did not play poorly. He allowed two or three pressures I can think of, but for the most part he stayed engaged with his defender. Should be a nice utility OL to have. He outplayed Ryan Diem anyway, who somehow looks worse this season than last season. Diem is just so damn slow to get his hands on defenders.3. Shitty fucking corners.

CB: Are you kidding me? After it looked like Jacob Lacey would set the tone early with a beautiful pick and return, this unit reverted to the 2004 Colts defense. The biggest thing I made a point of in pre-game notes was that the DBs have to stop giving up big plays (a problem going back to the preseason), and what did they do today? They gave up big plays. They failed to make tackles on little plays. They gave insane cushions. They still got beat deep. To a man, this unit looked awful.5. Obviously, these corners can't run downfield one-on-one with receivers. Hayden and Lacey had been burned previously trying to do so. Powers was victimized today. Now, some of these have been the result of Bullitt vacating coverage over top. But still, it's not like the corners stopped running. They just can't run with the receivers and don't judge the ball well. So stop relying on them to do this every game, especially when they're proving they can't.4. Shitty fucking safeties.

S: Same story, really. Melvin Bullitt was out of position on a long pass for the umpteenth week in a row. He may be a trooper replacing Bob Sanders, but he's a liability in deep coverage.

yhf
09-28-2010, 12:13 AM
Thanks for putting the time in on the colts MB to make this post. Another great contribution to CP.

Tylerthigpen!1!
09-28-2010, 12:16 AM
Thank God Castle throws such a good deep ball.

johnny961
09-28-2010, 12:16 AM
I think this is going to be a close game. IMO it boils down to one thing. If we can effectively pester Peyton Manning and stay in his face on defense, we have a good chance.

Oh Snap
09-28-2010, 12:17 AM
lol /\/\/\/\/\

Giving both Crennel and Wies time to scheme up spells bad news for the colts. Crennel defenses have been notoriously difficult for manning to handle. I look forward to seeing the type of scheme Crennel brings to the colts next week. He knows manning quite well. :)

Count Zarth
09-28-2010, 12:18 AM
The play of the corners is the weakness of the team. They are just bad. Missed tackles allow short gains to turn into long ones and they not only give too much of a cushion but they ALSO get beat deep. Horrible combination. If the pass rush is not there, like it wasn't yesterday, the secondary is eaten alive.

I was thrilled with the young corners last year, but this year, they just look awful.

Weis has to be salivating...and not over cheeseburgers.

Chiefs=Good
09-28-2010, 12:18 AM
Their safties are actually pretty damn good. Bethea is a beast..

Count Zarth
09-28-2010, 12:27 AM
Apparently the Colts are having HUGE problems on the O-line.

OT: Well...so much for my claim that Ryan Diem would bounce back this season. It was hard to tell who was worse -- Charlie Johnson or Diem. Both looked terrible. C. Johnson didn't even seem to know what was going on at points. I can't quite remember the last time I saw two OTs get owned like these guys did today. Give Mario Williams some credit, he's a great player and made plays. So did Antonio Smith. But Christ, these OTs suck. How Polian did not address any of this in the offseason is beyond me.

OG: Even worse than OT. Jamey Richard is not an NFL player. He was horrible all preseason and even worse, somehow, today. Find someone...find anyone who can play OG over him. Richard is awful. If it wasn't bad enough that the OTs couldn't handle their men, the interior line kept turning them over too. Mike Pollak wasn't much better, but he wasn't as bad as Richard, who played maybe the worst game I've seen a Manning-era OG play.

Saccopoo
09-28-2010, 12:29 AM
Thank God Castle throws such a good deep ball.

This.

The fact that they have shitty corner and safety play is irrelevant. Cassel won't be able to take advantage of it.

However, if they can get McCluster and Moeaki into the second level, then that might be something. Charles as well. The Chief's could possibly exploit the 4-3 with a bad secondary with those guys. Bowe will have to do the new Bowe thing and pick off linebackers with his sick blocks to open up the edge for Charles and McCluster.

The Colts defensive ends versus our offensive tackles is going to be the key matchup in Indy D versus KC O.

Brandon Carr versus Austin Collie and Lewis/Berry versus Clark are the big matchups on the other side, and those two things are the ones we really should be worried about. Collie is having a monster season so far and Carr tends to gamble a bit. Collie is precise with glue hands.

We gave up some big plays to Rivers and Gates/Naanee, and I personally think that the Manning/Clark/Collie combo is better. Big test for the young Chiefs secondary.

Count Zarth
09-28-2010, 12:33 AM
It's not a matter of Cassel taking advantage, it's the receivers.

Let Cassel throw up a few ducks. Bowe can take those corners to school one on one.

Count Zarth
09-28-2010, 12:36 AM
This is how desperate they are.

Somebody call fat Tarik and tell him to get his fat ass to West 56th Street.

He is only 35. I am sure he could get back in playing shape in a couple of weeks.

I rarely remember Manning getting pressured from his blindside when #78 was playing LT.

Shogun
09-28-2010, 12:56 AM
This is how desperate they are.

Last I heard he did a shitload of Model Train Exhibits ROFL

RippedmyFlesh
09-28-2010, 01:04 AM
chinks
29th in punt ret yards given up ave 14.1
tied for 28th with tampa rushing def ypg 141.3
22nd ypg pass defense 248.0
25th in off rush ypg 81.3
They can't run and we stop the run.
Manning is gonna throw 60 passes which isn't a pleasant thought. I almost wish they had a 1/2 way decent running game to at least try to run.

RedDread
09-28-2010, 01:11 AM
It's always tough to tell how good WRs are in a Peyton Manning offense. His extra work with them and his accuracy could probably make Sly Morris a worthy #2.

keg in kc
09-28-2010, 01:30 AM
Didn't the Colts run for some ungodly amount against the Giants last weekend?

(a: yes and no - 43 for 160 (3.7). Brown and Addai were both over 4.0; 20 for 92 for Addai, 16 for 69 for Brown)

googlegoogle
09-28-2010, 01:34 AM
what about their run defense?

Shogun
09-28-2010, 01:36 AM

Ranked #29 on ESPN

kysirsoze
09-28-2010, 01:41 AM

28th. They got torn up by Houston, did pretty decently well against NY and shut Denver down.

michaelj_58
09-28-2010, 03:13 AM
pressure manning,anyway possible

Fritz88
09-28-2010, 04:24 AM
pressure manning,anyway possible

No one can
Posted via Mobile Device

kysirsoze
09-28-2010, 04:28 AM
No one can
Posted via Mobile Device

This year they can.

SenselessChiefsFan
09-28-2010, 06:12 AM
Man, we are going to dominate, and we all know that fans on a message board never over react or are more negative than called for.

the Talking Can
09-28-2010, 06:15 AM
No one can
Posted via Mobile Device

but you have to try

yes, he'll burn your ass several times...but if you don't he'll burn your ass every time..

I think we can bully the Colts on both lines. There is no way in hell they are going to run on us. This is Manning v the Chiefs.

we need to score 24 points

Bane
09-28-2010, 06:16 AM
No one can
Posted via Mobile Device

Mario Williams says STFU
:D

milkman
09-28-2010, 07:07 AM
I know the Colts changed their starter at LG, but I also think they changed their starter at RG from last season, and they aren't running the ball effectively, nor are they giving Manning the protection on the interior that he has enjoyed in previous years.

The Texans were able to push the pocket right into Manning's face, limiting his effectiveness and giving Mario Williams to opportunity to have a monster game.

The Colts shouldn't be able to run on the Chiefs, so if we can push the pocket into Manning's face and get pressure from Hali, we should be able to limit his effectiveness in much the same way the Texans did.

bkkcoh
09-28-2010, 07:35 AM
The Colts shouldn't be able to run on the Chiefs, so if we can push the pocket into Manning's face and get pressure from Hali, we should be able to limit his effectiveness in much the same way the Texans did.

Isn't that nice to be able to cay about the Chiefs, so far!

Zaiko
09-28-2010, 07:36 AM
The Colts gave up ~250 yards rushing in the first week.

They have a great passing game, but a rough OLine. We need to get a lot of pressure.

Avoid flags. Huge thing on the road. No PIs. Can't make it any easier on the Colts.

boogblaster
09-28-2010, 09:21 AM
Pressure plus keeping Manning on the sideline with our running game .. our DBs need to have a good game too .....

OnTheWarpath58
09-28-2010, 09:32 AM
I'm a huge Brandon Carr fan, but he's going to have his hands full with Collie.

Especially if they employ a similar scheme in defending Clark as they did Gates.

Art Vader
09-28-2010, 09:40 AM
If we don't stay on Peyton's ass all day long, it's game over.

Mr. Arrowhead
09-28-2010, 09:43 AM
Beware Peyton, this man has 2 weeks to prepare his feast for you

http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRnsjPKwvU-u3gB3WAbFAVuYUTtA8NsW5Y-oLQXjfszSqXGLtI&t=1&usg=__nr4AEt7Gq8crXLyDzkLTBzUKa5E=

Hug it Out Dan
09-28-2010, 09:52 AM
Peyton Manning is great at getting the ball out quick, 3 step drops etc. Being that they have Oline problems, they will probably focus on that as much as possible. Hopefully on that field turf, Hali becomes a posessed man and puts pressure on Manning.

Something we have to look out for, is their DE's. Mathis and Freeney are extremely quick with their first step in that dome, on that home turf. It will be a big test for Albert and BRich to stop those guys and give Cassel enough time to throw the ball. I think they'll be up for it. Our Oline seems to have tons of confidence and personally I think they can get it done. Albert's done good against some speed rushers, this hopefully will be no different. BRich is the one I'm personally worried about. He's not that quick, he's more of a mauler, but he's played well so far this season.

Being that we have a strong running game, I bet we will take the Texans approach and run all over this team. They suck at stopping the run. I just hope our running game isn't so predictable like it was in 2006 when we played them in the playoffs (If you remember they were last in the NFL in stopping the run, then they turned it up in the playoffs and we couldn't run against them). Which I'm sure it won't be. Either way it will say a lot about this team if we're able to go into Indy and play well. We have 2 weeks to prepare for it.

Tribal Warfare
09-28-2010, 09:53 AM
Beware Peyton, this man has 2 weeks to prepare his feast for you

http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRnsjPKwvU-u3gB3WAbFAVuYUTtA8NsW5Y-oLQXjfszSqXGLtI&t=1&usg=__nr4AEt7Gq8crXLyDzkLTBzUKa5E=

It's really refreshing that we can say that KC finally has a competent DC again.

COchief
09-28-2010, 09:53 AM
One thing I never see mentioned about this game is that Romeo was the DC when the Pats were clowning and frustrating Manning during the Pats superbowl runs. Crennel owns the jughead and I can't wait to see what he comes up with over the next two weeks.

milkman
09-28-2010, 09:57 AM
One thing I never see mentioned about this game is that Romeo was the DC when the Pats were clowning and frustrating Manning during the Pats superbowl runs. Crennel owns the jughead and I can't wait to see what he comes up with over the next two weeks.

Open your eyes then.

Crennel's effectiveness against Manning has been mentioned numerous times by various posters in a number of threads.

swayy07
09-28-2010, 10:01 AM
now the real question i have is.... should i start the chiefs fantasy defense against them in 2 weeks?????

Short Leash Hootie
09-28-2010, 10:01 AM
I think he's impossible to defend...

It's going to take two lucky bounces and an efficient game from Cassel for us to have any chance...

@ Indy

I'm thinking we're staring a 31-13 loss right in the eyes...

Peyton is in full beast mode right now...it's going to take a San Diego like occurrence for us to steal this one...(Mathews fumble, McCluster punt return)...

two bounces and a little luck...some Garcon drops like he did against Houston...something

Short Leash Hootie
09-28-2010, 10:02 AM
now the real question i have is.... should i start the chiefs fantasy defense against them in 2 weeks?????

I would start no defense before I'd start ANY defense against the Colts...that's fantasy 101

Short Leash Hootie
09-28-2010, 10:03 AM
and it's hysterical because...

once again...

Peyton has one of the worst offensive lines in the NFL...

but he gets it done no matter what because he's simply the greatest QB to ever play the game...

swayy07
09-28-2010, 10:07 AM
eh we shall see i might take my chances just because i belive in our defense that much.
i could care less if peyton throws for 500 yards against us, we've shown we can hold down in the redzone and isnt that what matters the most? i know ill prolly get some greif for it but i think our defense has a HUGE day against peyton and no one see's it coming.

Hug it Out Dan
09-28-2010, 10:07 AM
I would start no defense before I'd start ANY defense against the Colts...that's fantasy 101

Eh, you'd prob be okay if you started BAL, PIT, or NYJ against Manning, those defenses bring shit tons of pressure on the QB. Manning isn't used to being knocked on his ass. He's shown he can suck when he starts getting hit.

Short Leash Hootie
09-28-2010, 10:08 AM
Manning threw for damn near 400 yards, 3 TDs and 0 INTs against the Jets in the AFC Championship game last year...

Detoxing
09-28-2010, 10:09 AM
My keys to the game: (that most have already mentioned, im sure, lol)

1. Take advantage of their aggressive, fast DL. If Freeny wants to speed rush and is whipping around Albert on the left side, then let him. I'll take a draw or delayed handoff to Charles or McCluster between the tackle and the guard any day. We should be able to exploit their speedy pass rush by allowing them to over pursue and take advantage of them with our wicked run game.

2. When we're not checking the DE with our delays and draws, we should be stuffing it right down the middle. I think we can push them around on the inside as well. This should set up the play action pass to perfection. Cassel may not throw a great deep ball, but hopefully he can get a few ducks up there and Chambers, Moeaki and Bowe should be able to school their young, shitty secondary.

3. Control the clock. Take your time. Use the run game to kill the clock and keep manning on the sideline. The offense has to save the defense in this game.

On Defense:

1. Let's be real, we're not going to be able to pressure Manning on every down and the Colts probably won't try to run the ball on us. Manning will want to have a 50+ attempt game on us. And he might if the our offense can't sustain drives.

2. If Garcon plays, it's going to be a wicked test for Arenas going up against Collie in the slot. I don't like the way we match up against their WR's. I think we'll see a lot of Carr vs Wayne, Flowers vs Garcon and they'll try to exploit Arenas or who ever plays DB in the Dime. I think we'll see a little bit of Flowers playing in the slot this game and Berry dropping down into man on the outside with Lewis playing single high. They'll want to attack us with intermediate routes using their slot recievers and TE's. Ugly. Have to get Flowers and Berry involved there.

3. Hold on tight and be ready for a bend but don't break D. Try to confuse their shitty Tackles with our blitzes. Timing our blitzes perfectly will be difficult but required. I honestly think our D is in trouble if they are out there for too long. Flowers makes his best case for the Probowl this game.

Short Leash Hootie
09-28-2010, 10:11 AM
eh we shall see i might take my chances just because i belive in our defense that much.
i could care less if peyton throws for 500 yards against us, we've shown we can hold down in the redzone and isnt that what matters the most? i know ill prolly get some greif for it but i think our defense has a HUGE day against peyton and no one see's it coming.

you're in for a big disappointment pal

lets just pretend Peyton really is who this board says he is...

THE GREATEST REGULAR SEASON QB OF ALL TIME

well week 5...

the dude plays flawless football...he might make ONE mistake...

so we'll need his idiot teammates to make about three more...we'll need one Shaun Smith nut grab...a flukey play or two...and a good bounce or two...

and then we MIGHT keep it within a field goal

dude nothing has made me happier than the Chiefs being 3-0...I feel great. But I'm being realistic...the Colts win 12+ every year...they are at home...and in all honesty...our pass rush really isn't anything better than average right now...

We need Berry to have his breakout game in the secondary for us to have a shot...

we need a lot of things to happen for us to have a shot...

but in all honesty...

I see us facing a 14-0 deficit right off the bat...

and does anyone trust Matt Cassel to bring us back from that?

I know I don't.

milkman
09-28-2010, 10:13 AM
and it's hysterical because...

once again...

Peyton has one of the worst offensive lines in the NFL...

but he gets it done no matter what because he's simply the greatest QB to ever play the game...

That' funny.

Ryan Lilja has come to the Chiefs and, along with Casey Weigman, really solidified the interior of the Chiefs line, but I guess that's because Manning just gets it done.

Manning numbers looked good against the Texans, but the reality is that watching that game they were pounding Manning all day long and he never had a rhythm and really didn't look good at all.

He's had two good games against a pretty mediocre Giant defense, and an even more mediocre Donkey defense.

Woofuckinghoo.

Short Leash Hootie
09-28-2010, 10:16 AM
That' funny.

Ryan Lilja has come to the Chiefs and, along with Casey Weigman, really solidified the interior of the Chiefs line, but I guess that's because Manning just gets it done.

Manning numbers looked good against the Texans, but the reality is that watching that game they were pounding Manning all day long and he never had a rhythm and really didn't look good at all.

He's had two good games against a pretty mediocre Giant defense, and an even more mediocre Donkey defense.

Woo****inghoo.

I watched the whole Colts/Texans game...

You're right...he had NO TIME to do anything...it was ridiculous...

and then he had no chance to bring them back because the Colts defense couldn't stop the run...

but if the Colts got two stops down the stretch...the Colts would have won that game...they just kept scoring as the Colts kept scoring because Foster was raping them.

but hey you can pretend our defense has a chance against the Colts...

you'll just be in for a letdown in two weeks

Detoxing
09-28-2010, 10:22 AM

and then he had no chance to bring them back because the Colts defense couldn't stop the run...

but if the Colts got two stops down the stretch...the Colts would have won that game...they just kept scoring as the Colts kept scoring because Foster was raping them.

Pretty much everything you've said in this thread.

Our D is in trouble. The only way we can win this game is if we are incredibly effective in clock management and in the run game. And even then, we have to hold on tight for a hell of a ride. We may put together a 5-8 minute TD drive, only to watch manning score on us 3-5 passing plays later. How they hold up in the redzone will be crucial, because Manning WILL move the ball down the field on us.

milkman
09-28-2010, 10:29 AM

I fully expect Manning to school our young secondary, and don't believe we have the horses up front to put the kind of pressure on Manning that the Texans did.

I'm hoping that we can control the clock on the ground, get a couple of plays in the passing game, and make just enough plays on defense to keep the Chiefs in the game.

I could live with a 34-24 loss to the Colts in this game.

OnTheWarpath58
09-28-2010, 10:32 AM
Pretty much everything you've said in this thread.

Our D is in trouble. The only way we can win this game is if we are incredibly effective in clock management and in the run game. And even then, we have to hold on tight for a hell of a ride. We may put together a 5-8 minute TD drive, only to watch manning score on us 3-5 passing plays later. How they hold up in the redzone will be crucial, because Manning WILL move the ball down the field on us.

You and Hootie are both spot-on, IMO.

If Indy is smart, they do to us what they did to us in the 2006 playoff game - stack the shit out of the box and make Cassel beat them - which he can't.

They know damn good and well that we're going to try to run the ball and control the clock.

milkman
09-28-2010, 10:35 AM
But I got off track.

That whole argument that Manning does everything he does in spite of a piss poor O-Line is complete bullshit.

What Lilja should have shown you is that the O-Line was never as bad as you make it out to have been.

The two guards that have replaced them have shown us just how underrated their O-Line has been.

Do great QBs make O-Lines look better?

Sure.

But that Colts O-Line has never been bad.

keg in kc
09-28-2010, 10:54 AM
The thing that makes me optimistic about the front-7 is the pressure against Smith on Sunday. He'd dropped back 77 times this season prior to that game, and only been sacked twice (both against Seattle). Now maybe the Saints don't have any pass rush (only 3 sacks so far) and maybe that 49ers line is really as bad as we made it look Sunday, but that was a pretty dominating performance.

We'll need play like that to have any shot in two weeks...

Completely unrelated, but I just realized we'd have the #1 scoring defense in the NFL right now if we'd stopped that TD with 3 seconds left.

Woah.

SithCeNtZ
09-28-2010, 10:56 AM
But I got off track.

That whole argument that Manning does everything he does in spite of a piss poor O-Line is complete bullshit.

What Lilja should have shown you is that the O-Line was never as bad as you make it out to have been.

The two guards that have replaced them have shown us just how underrated their O-Line has been.

Do great QBs make O-Lines look better?

Sure.

But that Colts O-Line has never been bad.

Living a whole 1 mile from Lucas Oil stadium in the heart of Colts country, I can assure you that there is not a single realistic Colt's fan around here(and I live with 2) who thinks their line has been anything but bad this season. They have the biggest margin for error of any oline in the game because Manning is so fast at getting the ball to the receivers and that simply masks how bad it is. Make no mistake, if Matt Cassell was the QB of the Colts they would win maybe 3 games this season, and that's being pretty optimistic.

milkman
09-28-2010, 11:02 AM
Living a whole 1 mile from Lucas Oil stadium in the heart of Colts country, I can assure you that there is not a single realistic Colt's fan around here(and I live with 2) who thinks their line has been anything but bad this season. They have the biggest margin for error of any oline in the game because Manning is so fast at getting the ball to the receivers and that simply masks how bad it is. Make no mistake, if Matt Cassell was the QB of the Colts they would win maybe 3 games this season, and that's being pretty optimistic.

I am not referring to the O-Line this year.

I am talking about the O-Line that Manning has played behind in previous years.

Hootie is painting them as a bunch of scrubs that Manning had to raise up by the boot straps.

He was a miracle worker.

But prior to this year, he's had a pretty good O-Line ot work behind.

Now Manning is having to actually play behind a less than stellar line, and against good a good defensive front that got pressure, his play wasn't nearly so miraculous.

OctoberFart
09-28-2010, 11:03 AM
Withall that the Colts win in a pasting of KC.

Art Vader
09-28-2010, 11:08 AM
Withall that the Colts win in a pasting of KC.

is it the same paste Al Davis uses to create a makeshift face over that decrepit skull every morning?

Buehler445
09-28-2010, 11:33 AM
My scouting report is Manning is good.
Posted via Mobile Device

Short Leash Hootie
09-28-2010, 12:06 PM
I am not referring to the O-Line this year.

I am talking about the O-Line that Manning has played behind in previous years.

Hootie is painting them as a bunch of scrubs that Manning had to raise up by the boot straps.

He was a miracle worker.

But prior to this year, he's had a pretty good O-Line ot work behind.

Now Manning is having to actually play behind a less than stellar line, and against good a good defensive front that got pressure, his play wasn't nearly so miraculous.

Mr. Milk...

I do think you are a football genius...that's not a joke...I respect your knowledge of the game as much as anyones on this board...

but I do question whether or not you watched that game as attentively as me...

Yes...Peyton Manning faced ridiculous pressure all game...and looked a bit off in the first half...

but even then...Pierre Garcon dropped two TD passes and killed another drive with a dropped pass on a perfect 3rd down strike...

and then in the 2nd half he was lights out and if the Colts had come up with one freaking stop on Foster the Colts would have won that game...

I bet the Colts beat the Texans by 10+ when they visit Indy...

and I bet the Colts win 13 games this year.

Peyton is THAT good...I just don't understand why you're so hard on him...he's an amazing talent and even if you think he's a choker Tom Brady doesn't have 1/10 of the talent that Peyton Manning has...you should at least agree with that.

milkman
09-28-2010, 12:16 PM
Mr. Milk...

I do think you are a football genius...that's not a joke...I respect your knowledge of the game as much as anyones on this board...

Yes...Peyton Manning faced ridiculous pressure all game...and looked a bit off in the first half...

but even then...Pierre Garcon dropped two TD passes and killed another drive with a dropped pass on a perfect 3rd down strike...

and then in the 2nd half he was lights out and if the Colts had come up with one freaking stop on Foster the Colts would have won that game...

Peyton is THAT good...I just don't understand why you're so hard on him...he's an amazing talent and even if you think he's a choker Tom Brady doesn't have 1/10 of the talent that Peyton Manning has...you should at least agree with that.

I think that Peyton is as smart and as talented as any QB that has played the game.

But there's something lacking when it comes time to make plays in the playoffs.

He has gotten better in that regard in the last 2 or 3 years, but he still hasn't reached the level of clutch play of some of the other greats before him.

I also don't think he has nearly the toughness of some of those greats.

Short Leash Hootie
09-28-2010, 12:18 PM
well anyone that still has respect for Tom Brady with the current haircut he's sporting needs to get their ass kicked if you ask me =)

milkman
09-28-2010, 12:24 PM
well anyone that still has respect for Tom Brady with the current haircut he's sporting needs to get their ass kicked if you ask me =)

Personnally, I think Tom Brady has bought into his own hype over the last 3 or 4 years, which has affected his decision making late in close games, and he isn't nearly as effective as he once was.

At least Manning, in spite of all the hype through the years, has seemingly remained grounded.

I can respect that.

ChiefaRoo
09-28-2010, 12:34 PM
I fully expect Manning to school our young secondary, and don't believe we have the horses up front to put the kind of pressure on Manning that the Texans did.

I'm hoping that we can control the clock on the ground, get a couple of plays in the passing game, and make just enough plays on defense to keep the Chiefs in the game.

I could live with a 34-24 loss to the Colts in this game.

KC's defense will not give up 34 points.

Peyton will go right at Brandon Carr all day

Cassel will have to complete balls to Bowe, Chambers in blitz situations

Berry, Lewis and Arenas will have to play well.

Wallcrawler
09-28-2010, 12:46 PM
Brandon Flowers under Romeo Crennel is going to be the new #24 to pwn Peyton Manning.

Ebolapox
09-28-2010, 12:52 PM
I'm going to say it (like I did against the niners--reverse mojo style).

they're going to fucking house us. they're gonna molest us like the bad uncle.

Valiant
09-28-2010, 01:18 PM
Charlie and Romeo got two weeks. So do we. Let's look for chinks in the armor, and I ain't talkin' 'bout no chinamen...

http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=34160

1. Colts can't run the ball.

2. Hali could own this guy.

3. Shitty ****ing corners.

4. Shitty ****ing safeties.

Problem with the corners and safeties. Unless we use dex the others will not be getting much seperation. Well you can have bowe out mmuscle them.

I like the idea of usung jc or tj in motion from the bacfield while both are in the game. If not dex every play in motion.

Molitoth
09-28-2010, 01:52 PM
Mr. Law knows something about Manning.

http://www.blogcdn.com/www.fanhouse.com/media/2008/06/ty-law-062708.jpg

ROFL

beer bacon
09-28-2010, 03:30 PM
We will need to run the ball and keep the Colts off the field. They are giving up 5 ypc with the 28th ranked rush defense in the NFL. Cassel will need to complete a decent number of passes and not turn the ball, but if Cassel throws for 300+ yards the chances of us winning are very low. We can't get in a shootout with Manning. The trick will be not turning the ball and not getting behind by two TDs.

FRCDFED
09-28-2010, 05:19 PM
Somewhere.....in a dark corner of Arrowhead........a secret meeting is taking place between Lilia and Crennel. All of Peytons little tendencies and the blocking schemes will come to light!

Houston proved that if you start knocking Peyton around then he gets happy feet.

CupidStunt
09-28-2010, 06:17 PM
They are absolute dogshit against the run. Chiefs are the best in the league running the football. It's almost unthinkable that KC could win -- and they sure might get blown out by 3 TDs -- but if they run at will (which they did against the 9ers), it's plausible, though I can't believe I'm saying this, that they steal a win.

W1 springs to mind. KC's running game > Houston (by a lot), and the defense is easily better. Not as good at pure pass rushing but the run D is better and the secondary is about 100 times better. If they can avoid 3rd-and-long, and defensively just do enough. Hard to imagine the D can win the game but just don't get embarrassed for 500 yards and 30 points. I'd take 350 and 21 right now and ask Charles and co. to go and win the game.

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-28-2010, 06:51 PM
Manning gets knocked the fuck out in the 4th, and the Chiefs win.

petegz28
09-28-2010, 07:50 PM
Actually I think this game plays right into our strengts. We can run the ball, they can't play defense. If Cassel can hit WR's the PA Pass will eat up the Colts secondary.

Thomas Jones and JC can be the key to the game. Grind it out on the ground, eat up clock, keep Peyton on the sidelines and force what is already a one-dimensional offense to be even moreso.

Corners are going to have their work cut out for them, especially if we can't pressure Manning. If the Colts play the way they did against Denver we win by 13.

Another key to defense is to pound the fuck out of the WR's and Clark coming off the line. Make Peyton hold the ball. Berry could be huge this game on shutting down the middle and brining a pass rush agains ta weak offensive line.

Simply Red
09-28-2010, 07:57 PM
Thanks for putting the time in on the colts MB to make this post. Another great contribution to CP.

I call cut-n-paste art on this one. Yawn.

Simply Red
09-28-2010, 08:02 PM
fires me up though, i suppose, so maybe no 'yawn' quite yet.

Simply Red
09-28-2010, 08:05 PM
Manning gets knocked the **** out in the 4th, and the Chiefs win.

FUCK YES!

DBOSHO
09-28-2010, 08:06 PM
Mr. Milk...

Somebody ask hootie what manning wouldve done under center for the patriots In their last superbowl

petegz28
09-28-2010, 08:20 PM
Mr. Milk...

Peyton IS that good. I agree. Which is why Denver's lack of running game was the difference of them whipping Indy like Houston did and losing like they did. I don't care how you slice it, passing does not eat that much time off the clock and does not wear down a defense like running does.

It's simple. You run the ball well, you keep Peyton on the bench longer thus forcing him to make big plays and score in a hurry.

If Denver had anything of a running game Peyton is on the sidelines a long time Sunday.

alpha_omega
09-28-2010, 08:24 PM
Gotta run, run, run...score...keep it away from Manning

Count Zarth
10-03-2010, 03:17 PM
The fuckin' Jags have 170 total yards on these guys at the half. We should be able to move the ball.

grandllama
10-03-2010, 03:30 PM
The ****in' Jags have 170 total yards on these guys at the half. We should be able to move the ball.

Not that I think we need to worry about it, but we can't be quick strike... grind the clock, use our backs, and walk all over that soft ass D

Peyton is going to get us, the guy is just surgical... but we can rattle him... and their receivers are 'finesse'... hit 'em hard with our kids and they will start hearing footsteps...

KCrockaholic
10-03-2010, 03:30 PM
Did anybody mention the Colts have a shitty fuckin run defense? Charles/Jones should have a hay day.

grandllama
10-03-2010, 03:31 PM
I'll try to keep your thread up to date this week GC with news from behind the front line.

Our sports director told me last week he thinks this is a win for the Chiefs...

Count Zarth
10-03-2010, 03:32 PM
Good stuff, GL.

I'll get some more info from the Colts board for sure.

Count Zarth
10-03-2010, 04:12 PM
Jacksonville is ahead now, 21-14. They have 148 rushing yards. Jeez.

grandllama
10-03-2010, 04:13 PM
Just as a sidenote, that OL really seems to be missing Lilja...

Count Zarth
10-03-2010, 04:15 PM
Has anyone been watching this game? Is JAX getting a lot of pressure on Manning?

Manning is 24/30 but for "only" 200 yards.

Count Zarth
10-03-2010, 04:19 PM
Colts don't even give a fuck about the run. Pass pass pass.

Count Zarth
10-03-2010, 04:22 PM
14 catches, 155 yards for Wayne.

Jesus.

grandllama
10-03-2010, 04:22 PM
Has anyone been watching this game? Is JAX getting a lot of pressure on Manning?

Yeah, I'm watching it. The Colts look pedestrian. Peyton is Peyton. Much like the mediocre Dolphins teams towards the end of Marino's career.

grandllama
10-03-2010, 04:23 PM
Colts don't even give a **** about the run. Pass pass pass.

Peyton calls most of the plays on the field. I don't think he's ever trusted a running back since Edge got traded.

grandllama
as I type that Addai scores.

Count Zarth
That was like a 99 yard drive. Manning is deadly.

CupidStunt
10-03-2010, 04:24 PM
I think they'd beat the Colts at Arrowhead. My reservation right now is that they're going to come out pissed at home, where they're always a lot better.

We get pretty unlucky with some of our road games -- Seattle is like a COMPLETELY different team at home.

Smed1065
10-03-2010, 04:25 PM
Just as a sidenote, that OL really seems to be missing Lilja...

No way-hes a loser-Peyton does not need an OL/ Hootie

grandllama
10-03-2010, 04:26 PM
I think they'd beat the Colts at Arrowhead. My reservation right now is that they're going to come out pissed at home, where they're always a lot better.

We get pretty unlucky with some of our road games -- Seattle is like a COMPLETELY different team at home.

I think the Colts have a look and a smell much like we did at the end of our era... We walked into Arrowhead cocky and got our jock straps handed to us by teams that on paper had no reason even being on the field with us.

The Colts are aging, have lost a step, and have a cocky attitude that is off the chart.

I think the young upstarts give them a run for their money.

unothadeal
10-03-2010, 04:28 PM
How many more years does Manning have left? 4? 5? Can't wait til he's gone.

cdcox
10-03-2010, 04:30 PM
Manning is relentless. We could physically beat them the whole game and end up losing the game on the last possession.

Count Zarth
10-03-2010, 04:31 PM
Hmmmm...

You know the D will not make a game-changing play. This sucks. I seriously hate the philosophy behind this team of "Peyton must win everything."

This team plays soft because they /ARE/ soft. It comes down from the head coach. Soft soft SOFT

If this game don't prove to the Caldwell believers that he has no clue how to coach I'm not sure anything will, and if Polian is on later giving his usual BS that he spews after a bad game he should go to. Polian is not the genius he pretends to be.

It sucks so bad to have the greatest QB that ever lived, by a wide margin, and have him surrounded by quite a few worthless fu-cks that really shouldn't be in the league...

grandllama
Manning is relentless. We could physically beat them the whole game and end up losing the game on the last possession.

This. Nothing about the matchup scares me except Peyton. He needs to be Super Bowl Level rattled and then I'll feel comfortable.

Rausch
That was like a 99 yard drive. Manning is deadly.

We almost beat them with Brokie, Herm, and a team of rookies.

Even with broke-d!ck LJ and Herm's horrid plan in the playoffs we were still in the game.

Pressure. Pressure.

PRESSURE ON TEH MANNING!:cuss:

Count Zarth
10-03-2010, 04:32 PM
Running it right down their throats. 160 yards rushing.

-King-
10-03-2010, 04:32 PM
JC and TJ should get like 50 carries combined in the Colts game. Their run defense is trash.

-King-
10-03-2010, 04:34 PM
This. Nothing about the matchup scares me except Peyton. He needs to be Super Bowl Level rattled and then I'll feel comfortable.

ROFL Have people in the endzone hold a huge banner reading:

SUPERBOWL 45

Manning won't know WTF to do.

Shogun
Shaun Smith will be this years Bernard Pollard and rip Mannings fucking nuts off of his gay shriveled up body.

chief4life
We are rooting for the Colts to win right? Wouldn't we want the Colts with there belly's full or do we want the Colts to lose?

donkhater
10-03-2010, 04:35 PM
Charles should be featured in the dome. TJ has his place in this offense, but on the fake stuff, Charles should be the man.

Count Zarth
10-03-2010, 04:35 PM
That drive looked easy. Let's see if St. Manning can do it again.

Rausch
10-03-2010, 04:37 PM
Running it right down their throats. 160 yards rushing.

Nein.

We should have a real offese this time.

Last time we stumbled in with the "OMG we cans run and they cna't teh stops it" we got sent home.

Their secondary is also $#it.

In fact, their whole defense is $3it.

Do whatever we have to. Trick play. Play action. Onside kick. Bootleg. Get one score up. Just one score so the defense can attack.

If you make the whole game about Manning he'll choke.

He always has. Always will.

Take the pressure off the offense with an early lead, allow us to run the ball, and free up the D to go after him.

tk13
10-03-2010, 04:37 PM
Yeah, personally... I don't like this. You could count the time the Colts have lost consecutive games on one hand.

CupidStunt
10-03-2010, 04:38 PM
I don't mind losing to one of the game's best QBs ever, but if they don't get Charles and Jones at least 40 combined attempts, I'll be pissed off.

grandllama
10-03-2010, 04:38 PM
We are rooting for the Colts to win right? Wouldn't we want the Colts with there belly's full or do we want the Colts to lose?

Although I'd rather the Colts come in next week with a full belly, the sweet, sweet, agony of a Colt fan's suffering is a very enjoyable tonic at work on Monday's during football season :)

-King-
10-03-2010, 04:39 PM
Anyone got a link to the Colts game?

Edit: Nvm Got one.

Count Zarth
10-03-2010, 04:40 PM
The Colts have turned into the 2002 Chiefs....without the running game.

this is unbelievable. this defense flat out stinks.

FU Coyer

FU Polian

FU Caldwell

This team is just as soft as the teams of the early 200's....

I hate this sh!!!T!

Thats phucking pitiful. These defenders are clueless. Even Brackett is lost.

I swear, the nest time I hear the bend but dont break bullcrap I am going to want to kill someone

This defense is making Gerrard the QB of the week

And there will be no changes made and the same old bull**** excuses

Im tired, so very tired

Polian is wasting Peyton's last years

This is one of the worst defensive performances I have seen by the Colts in ages. This is worse than the Houston debacle because unlike Jacksonville, Houston is a decent team.

Coyer needs to be fired after this game and several starters need to be benched.

This is one of those games where if it goes to OT, winning the flip is absolutely critical.

If we score back let's ****ing go for 2.

Rausch
10-03-2010, 04:40 PM
I don't mind losing to one of the game's best QBs ever, but if they don't get Charles and Jones at least 40 combined attempts, I'll be pissed off.

We won't win doing that.

Period...

Shogun
10-03-2010, 04:41 PM
Is it just me or have most teams this season so far just seem slow compared to our entire rookie roster?

-King-
10-03-2010, 04:41 PM
We won't win doing that.

Period...

Why the hell not? have you seen the Colts run D? Would you rather have Cassel passing?

Count Zarth
10-03-2010, 04:42 PM
Manning very nearly picked. Pressure got to him.

milkman
Manning nearly throws the game away.

Bearcat
Yeah, personally... I don't like this. You could count the time the Colts have lost consecutive games on one hand.

This one time, in 2004... :hmmm:

7 Sun, Oct 24 vs Jacksonville L 27-24

8 Sun, Oct 31 @ Kansas City L 45-35

CupidStunt
We won't win doing that.

Period...

BS. 40 carries = 200 yards = time of possession = Manning off the field. That's the ONLY way you beat him, unless you've got a QB in the same galaxy as him.

Count Zarth
10-03-2010, 04:43 PM
Manning overthrew Clark. Wow. 4th and 10.

-King-
10-03-2010, 04:43 PM
Wow! That should have been a pick.

Mile High Mania
10-03-2010, 04:44 PM
All I know is this... you guys are likely getting KC at home after a bad loss to Jax... they were spotty at best in their last 2 road games. Now you're going to get them at home... good luck with all that!

Count Zarth
How does Dallas Clark get THAT wide open on 4th and fuking 10?

KCrockaholic

Not much pressure at all.

CJ2K5
10-03-2010, 04:45 PM
oh lawd

Count Zarth
All I know is this... you guys are likely getting KC at home after a bad loss to Jax... they were spotty at best in their last 2 road games. Now you're going to get them at home... good luck with all that!

Hold that thought, St. Manning completes another bomb. This is going to OT.

grandllama
wow... just like Elway and Marino, DO NOT give Peyton extra chances.

-King-
10-03-2010, 04:46 PM
Wow. Manning is now 3rd all time in passing yards. Jesus.

KCrockaholic
10-03-2010, 04:46 PM

We want them off rhythm. This is a momentum, rhythm based team.

chief4life
10-03-2010, 04:47 PM
Wow that throw on 4th down I dunno how many times i have seen him complete that pass on 4th down im being sarcastic lol

Chiefshrink
10-03-2010, 04:48 PM
Not much pressure at all.

When you can't run the ball you can afford to drop back 6 to 7 guys.

grandllama
Jax better hope they win the toss into overtime.

chief4life
We want them off rhythm. This is a momentum, rhythm based team.

So we want them to lose or win? lol

Count Zarth
10-03-2010, 04:50 PM
Colts fans > Broncos fans.

hey john elway...fvck you

grandllama
10-03-2010, 04:50 PM
Colts fans > Broncos fans.

just barely.

chief4life
10-03-2010, 04:51 PM
I think i would rather they win but that is just me

KCrockaholic
10-03-2010, 04:51 PM
So we want them to lose or win? lol

I want them to lose. I hate that piece of shit team. But that's just my personal thing. :)

Count Zarth
10-03-2010, 04:53 PM
Good game.

Mile High Mania
10-03-2010, 04:55 PM
Peyton Manning is just simply incredible...

-King-
YES SIR! I needed a TD by Collie.

http://veetle.com/images/loading.gif

Rausch
BS. 40 carries = 200 yards = time of possession = Manning off the field. That's the ONLY way you beat him, unless you've got a QB in the same galaxy as him.

You beat Manning by an early lead (pressure) and blitzing non stop.

That team will have absolutely no fear of a complete tool like Ca$$hole.

None.

They won't respect the pass at all and they'll play the run 3/4ths the time with fucking 13 in the box.

MAKE THEM PAY FOR THAT.

IF YOU FRUSTRATE MANNING HE FOLDS.

You establish a clear pattern, you then throw in a trick play with little risk and high reward, and you break him.

He has never, will never, is never going to respond to being bested. The longer the game goes on while he's behind the more HE'LL take the team and the more likely HE'LL lose.

The longer HE'S behind the more HE will press for more HIM.

Hey, that's cool. I absolutely ADORE our secondary...

Mile High Mania
10-03-2010, 04:57 PM

I think it was the Miami/Colts game last year with that formula ... check out those results.

Count Zarth
10-03-2010, 05:00 PM
You beat Manning by an early lead (pressure) and blitzing non stop.

That team will have absolutely no fear of a complete tool like Ca$$hole.

None.

They won't respect the pass at all and they'll play the run 3/4ths the time with fucking 13 in the box.

MAKE THEM PAY FOR THAT.

IF YOU FRUSTRATE MANNING HE FOLDS.

You establish a clear pattern, you then throw in a trick play with little risk and high reward, and you break him.

He has never, will never, is never going to respond to being bested. The longer the game goes on while he's behind the more HE'LL take the team and the more likely HE'LL lose.

The longer HE'S behind the more HE will press for more HIM.

Hey, that's cool. I absolutely ADORE our secondary...

Smartest post Rausch has ever made.

That's how a shitty 2004 Chiefs team beat Manning...got on top and stayed on top.

Best running game in the league and Green threw for like 400 that day.

-King-
10-03-2010, 05:01 PM
LMAO MHM's attitude as soon as we started winning is funny as hell.

-King-
10-03-2010, 05:02 PM
Holy shit. Almost a pick. Dumb ass Garrard.

Deberg_1990
10-03-2010, 05:03 PM
Scobee for the win!!!

chief4life
10-03-2010, 05:04 PM
Scobee for the win!!!

59 yard kick holy shit!

DaFace
Pretty impressive kick there.

petegz28
Fuck, now we get a pissed off Peyton on his home field. That ain't good.

grandllama
10-03-2010, 05:05 PM
****, now we get a pissed off Peyton on his home field. That ain't good.

Peyton only gets pissed at idiot kickers.

Mile High Mania
10-03-2010, 05:07 PM
LMAO MHM's attitude as soon as we started winning is funny as hell.

How do you mean? I'm glad you guys are all happy for a change... some type as if KC is one of the best 3-0 teams of all time, but that's ok ... it's been a while for you guys to be this happy.

:clap: KC has defeated teams that are now 3-9 ... congrats.

Denver is 2-2 vs teams that are a combined 8-8 (they're all 2-2 now).

It's all good ... the AFCW needs to be a close race and right now, it is very close.

Mile High Mania
10-03-2010, 05:08 PM

:LOL: KC's defense will have to play the game of their season so far in order to win... I think it's a bit much to expect Cassel and the receiving game to get rolling. JC/TJ need to have mammoth games and keep that TOP as much as they can to keep Manning on the sideline.

Can it happen?

Bearcat
10-03-2010, 05:09 PM

Everyone wants to over-analyze it, but it doesn't matter.... if they win in OT, then the Colts have momentum and Manning will be more focused after the two game road trip blah blah blah.... if they lose, Manning is pissed, they need to win next week blah blah blah.

Peyton Manning is a f***ing machine, I don't think he needs extra motivation one way or the other.

CupidStunt
10-03-2010, 05:09 PM
Dude, the evidence is right in front of you. The fucking Jaguars just beat them. How? The Colts only had EIGHT posessions. That's extremely low and exactly how you beat them -- don't give Manning 10, 11, 12 drives to score TDs.

Count Zarth
10-03-2010, 05:10 PM
This is good reading.

Hayden you DUMBASS. ****ING GET THAT. JESUS

Cut Kelvin Hayden. And I am not kidding. Not at all. Cut that ****ing asshole worthless cornerback.

Hayden could have ended this game. He is a ****ing worthless cornerback.

Scobee will make it.

He can't possibly make this, can he?

What a fitting ending.

Heads need to roll after this.

the time out.

the effing time out.

you've got to be kidding me. That effing time out!!!!

It wasn't the jags being bone headed and melting down in the 4th. It was you Fat Dungy.

FU COYER
FU FAT DUNGY
FU NAPOLIAN

If I were Peyton I'd say all of the same to those ****ing idiots and tell them to bend over and shove any contract right up their asses. I'd tell them I wouldn't play for a team that is so woefully under-prepared every ****ing Sunday and woulding be shine on a DOG'S ASS if it wasn't for ME.

**** this hurts worse than the Houston game.

0-2 in the goddamn division.

Coyer, Caldwell, Polian- you all need to be fired.

Von Dumbass
10-03-2010, 05:11 PM
I don't get why Colts fan are so animated about losing. They are a lock to make the playoffs and it's not like Peyton Manning will ever lose two games in a row.

KChiefs1
10-03-2010, 05:11 PM
We are DOOMED.

Shogun
10-03-2010, 05:12 PM
Peyton looked like he was about to cry.

Smed1065
10-03-2010, 05:12 PM
I don't get why Colts fan are so animated about losing. They are a lock to make the playoffs and it's not like Peyton Manning will ever lose two games in a row.

Hootie?

KCrockaholic
10-03-2010, 05:13 PM
Polian fired? Uh no. Bill Polian is a fantastic GM. Colts fans are retarded for overreacting. I mean they will still make the playoffs won't they? Oh yeah, that Superbowl curse thing seems to always find a way to come up.

petegz28
10-03-2010, 05:13 PM
Everyone wants to over-analyze it, but it doesn't matter.... if they win in OT, then the Colts have momentum and Manning will be more focused after the two game road trip blah blah blah.... if they lose, Manning is pissed, they need to win next week blah blah blah.

Peyton Manning is a f***ing machine, I don't think he needs extra motivation one way or the other.

Well, hopefully after tonight we are going to see that the Giants just suck ass and the whipping he put on them was against a suck ass team. Denver ain't that good and if they could run the ball for anything they would have beat Indy. Hopefully Peyton is carrying a weak team against other weak teams.

grandllama
10-03-2010, 05:15 PM

That's what I'm trying to say. No reason to over analyze this. Peyton is Peyton very 'Terminator-esque' when it comes to emotion. A very even keel win or lose. He has taken slack locally due to his perceived 'lack of emotion'.

Everybody needs to look at this from the other point of view as well... remember us in the last years of quasi glory... we could very well be watching an empire crumble... Ego and age are not good qualities to go coasting on in the NFL.

Count Zarth
10-03-2010, 05:15 PM
"Fat Dungy" is a hilarious nickname for Caldwell.

Maybe we'll win the coaching battle again...

KCrockaholic
10-03-2010, 05:16 PM
That's what I'm trying to say. No reason to over analyze this. Peyton is Peyton very 'Terminator-esque' when it comes to emotion. A very even keel win or lose. He has taken slack locally due to his perceived 'lack of emotion'.

Everybody needs to look at this from the other point of view as well... remember us in the last years of quasi glory... we could very well be watching an empire crumble... Ego and age are not good qualities to go coasting on in the NFL.

I hope so.

tk13
10-03-2010, 05:17 PM
Polian fired? Uh no. Bill Polian is a fantastic GM. Colts fans are retarded for overreacting. I mean they will still make the playoffs won't they? Oh yeah, that Superbowl curse thing seems to always find a way to come up.

It's always been that way. Don't mind them. You always get people going nuts when Polian makes his usual no-name draft picks.. and they always end up working out.

CJ2K5
10-03-2010, 05:18 PM
the colts routinely lose 2 games in a row almost every season just to let everyone know so dont get to worried, go back at their schedules from the last 10 years....in 2004 they lost to the jags then KC so maybe we can make it happen again.

grandllama
"Fat Dungy" is a hilarious nickname for Caldwell.

Maybe we'll win the coaching battle again...

If Charlie and Todd can out coach Peyton (and history says they can) we should.

Caldwell is nothing more than Peyton's Puppet

tk13
Looking it over... the Colts have actually lost back-to-back games several times... more seasons than not, actually. Only catch is, they're all on the road. They haven't lost a home game after a loss since 2002.

CJ2K5
10-03-2010, 05:24 PM
Looking it over... the Colts have actually lost back-to-back games several times... more seasons than not, actually. Only catch is, they're all on the road. They haven't lost a home game after a loss since 2002.

yea chiefs did it to them in 2004 though after they lost to the jags lol maybe we can do it again.....

Count Zarth
10-03-2010, 05:27 PM
Registered on coltfreaks.

Bearcat
10-03-2010, 05:27 PM

9-1 in home games after a road loss since 2003.... doomed!!!!

Count Zarth
10-03-2010, 05:30 PM
They all want Coyer fired now.

This is defense is beyond pathetic, and Coyer is doing NOTHING to fix it, fire his sorry azz!!!!!

Where the fvck do I sign

I want Dungy back

Cover 2 for me, these losers aren't good enough to play exotic style defense on certain plays

only if we can fire caldwell as well

Bearcat

The one though, was against Carolina in 2003, when they were off to a surprising 4-0 start when they ended up going to the Super Bowl with a QB who ended with a QB rating of 80. :hmmm:

Shogun

We're 100% on the Road and they are 1/3 on the road.

WINNAR!

milkman
10-03-2010, 05:32 PM

This is a different Colts team than we're used to seing.

It's subtle, but they have no defense beyond the pass rush from Mathis and Freeny, and defenses get ptressure up the middle more now than they have in the past.

Texans and Jags have controlled the game on both lines, ran the ball down their throats and kept Manning on the sidelines, and forced him to go to his short passing game far more when he is on the field.

Count Zarth
10-03-2010, 05:33 PM
And the Colts have had trouble protecting Manning...and they can't run the ball...

petegz28
10-03-2010, 05:34 PM

It's subtle, but they have no defense beyond the pass rush from Mathis and Freeny, and defenses get ptressure up the middle more now than they have in the past.

Texans and Jags have controlled the game on both lines, ran the ball down their throats and kept Manning on the sidelines, and forced him to go to his short passing game far more when he is on the field.

And that's exactly what we need to do. Heavy doses of TJ and JC.

Bearcat

All this bickering that you're posting makes me want to punch a Colts fan in the face for the first time since one commented to me before the 2003 playoff game that "it looks like you guys need thundersticks to make noise, unlike the fans in Indianapolis".... "FML, I'm a Colts fan" :deevee:

grandllama

Don't lie GC... you just went back into the CP archives and found quotes from the Greg Robinson era...

Short Leash Hootie
well maybe I change my mind...

seriously

if the fucking Jags can beat the Colts...we can beat the Colts...

but I will say...the Colts offensively play just as well on the road as they do at home...

but their defense is the wild card...if they bring it because they are at home that's one thing...

Let me put it this way...

@ Arrowhead after watching that debacle...I think we'd beat the 50/50...

@ Indy...maybe 30/70...

which is more than the 5/100 I gave them 3 days ago

tk13

I agree. And we have a good formula for that... a couple great RB's... and I really expect Crennel to come up with a good gameplan.

Short Leash Hootie
10-03-2010, 05:36 PM
but for the record...my theory of bounces really held true for the Jags that game...

Wayne fumble
3rd string TE hit on a catch...ball pops up...INT
Dumbass Caldwell calls a TO at the end on 2nd and 2 to give the Jags a free TO for some reason (seriously, wtf???)...

They had more bounces than the Colts and that was the difference.

and Jesus man...

What would Peyton do with a competent coaching staff????

grandllama
10-03-2010, 05:37 PM
but for the record...my theory of bounces really held true for the Jags that game...

Wayne fumble
Dumbass Caldwell calls a TO at the end on 2nd and 2 to give the Jags a free TO for some reason (seriously, wtf???)...

and Jesus man...

are you kidding? Peyton is the coaching staff. Those guys on the sideline are just there because of some NFL rule or something.

milkman
10-03-2010, 05:38 PM
well maybe I change my mind...

seriously

if the ****ing Jags can beat the Colts...we can beat the Colts...

but I will say...the Colts offensively play just as well on the road as they do at home...

but their defense is the wild card...if they bring it because they are at home that's one thing...

Let me put it this way...

@ Arrowhead after watching that debacle...I think we'd beat the 50/50...

@ Indy...maybe 30/70...

which is more than the 5/100 I gave them 3 days ago

I don't expect to win this game, but I do like the matchup on their field.

We have more team speed.

They can't stop the run.

And we have a DC that has had more success as a DC against Manning than anyone.

They have the homefield advantage and the experience.

I think they win, but it will be a far better game than I expected before the season started.

DBOSHO
10-03-2010, 05:38 PM
Get off peytons dick. Jesus christ.

milkman
10-03-2010, 05:40 PM

Wayne fumble

and Jesus man...

If Manning hadn't put that ball a little behind that 3rd string TE, then that lucky bounce never happens.

threebag02
10-03-2010, 05:44 PM
Get off peytons dick. Jesus christ.

Shaun smith will have a hand on that soon enough

Smed1065
10-03-2010, 05:44 PM

We have more team speed.

They can't stop the run.

I think they win, but it will be a far better game than I expected before the season started.

This and if we win a road game in the AFC, how big would that be?

:hmmm:

Short Leash Hootie
10-03-2010, 05:48 PM
If Manning hadn't put that ball a little behind that 3rd string TE, then that lucky bounce never happens.

Sure...still a nice bounce.

cdcox
10-03-2010, 05:50 PM
This and if we win a road game in the AFC, how big would that be?

It would essentially put us up 4 games ahead of them for HFA throughout the playoffs.

-King-
10-03-2010, 05:50 PM
I expect hali to run a whole lotta stunts. Get in the middle of the line and fuck some shit up.

milkman
10-03-2010, 05:52 PM
Sure...still a nice bounce.

Cause and effect.

Short Leash Hootie
10-03-2010, 05:53 PM
Cause and effect.

can't throw a perfect pass every time...

players gotta make plays

I guess there is a reason why he's a 3rd stringer...can't make tough catches

SenselessChiefsFan

We have more team speed.

They can't stop the run.

I agree with everything that you said here. My question: Is it harder to beat them coming off a loss?

milkman
I expect hali to run a whole lotta stunts. Get in the middle of the line and **** some shit up.

I expect Crennel to mix things up and have Hali drop back in a zone while sending DJ, or even Belcher, on inside rushes.

milkman
10-03-2010, 05:55 PM
can't throw a perfect pass every time...

players gotta make plays

I guess there is a reason why he's a 3rd stringer...can't make tough catches

Great receivers taking a hit on poorly thrown balls would drop that ball as easily as that third string TE.

He makes that catch in that situation, it's a great catch.

milkman
10-03-2010, 05:58 PM
I agree with everything that you said here. My question: Is it harder to beat them coming off a loss?

As I said earlier in this thread, I don't think this is the same Colts team we've seen in the past, and Pioli bringing in new guards to deflect blame from Manning for his mistakes in the SB is the reason for that.

I said that Lilja is a better pass blocker than he was given credit for because of Manning, and that he was their best run blocker.

Manning is getting more pressure from the middle as the result of Polian's decision.

I think they are far more vulnerable than they have been for a while.

Smed1065
10-03-2010, 05:59 PM
It would essentially put us up 4 games ahead of them for HFA throughout the playoffs.

Thanks. That was kinda tongue in cheek. I mean I feel the Arrowhead advantage again for the first time in ages.

But to win 2 road games in a row---Nevermind. :banghead:

Rausch
10-03-2010, 06:00 PM
We...WILL...WIN!

I think fans will curse the coaches the first quarter but it will work.

I think we win this one and finally gas out vs. the Texans...

SenselessChiefsFan
10-03-2010, 06:01 PM
As I said earlier in this thread, I don't think this is the same Colts team we've seen in the past, and Pioli bringing in new guards to deflect blame from Manning for his mistakes in the SB is the reason for that.

I said that Lilja is a better pass blocker than he was given credit for because of Manning, and that he was their best run blocker.

Manning is getting more pressure from the middle as the result of Polian's decision.

I think they are far more vulnerable than they have been for a while.

I completely concur that the Colts have more holes than they have in a long time. However, they still have a ton of pride and I think they bow up this week.

Coming off the loss, I think they are a little more focused on the 3-0 Chiefs.

SenselessChiefsFan
10-03-2010, 06:02 PM
We...WILL...WIN!

I think the Colts and Texans are both possible wins. I will be happy with a split. Regardless of who the win comes against.

threebag02
10-03-2010, 06:04 PM
As we are still forging an identity. I am excited that our defense seems up to the task. It will be a great measuring stick. I know I am excited and the anticipation is nice change. I really think our young secondary is aching at the bit to prove themselves. It is also pouring over to the rest of the defensive unit. I also think Peyton will pay for the touchdown the 49ers got in garbage time last week.

milkman
10-03-2010, 06:05 PM
I completely concur that the Colts have more holes than they have in a long time. However, they still have a ton of pride and I think they bow up this week.

Coming off the loss, I think they are a little more focused on the 3-0 Chiefs.

I agree, which is why I feel that we will lose.

I just like this matchup a hell of a lot better now than I did before the season started, as I said earlier.

SenselessChiefsFan
10-03-2010, 06:10 PM
I agree, which is why I feel that we will lose.

I just like this matchup a hell of a lot better now than I did before the season started, as I said earlier.

Sorry if I am making you repeat yourself. I like it more than before the season, but less than about 10:00am this morning.

I really, really don't want to hear any excuses or rationalizations if the Chiefs somehow beat the Colts.

Smed1065
10-03-2010, 06:11 PM
We...WILL...WIN!

This but I am a homer.

Sweet Daddy Hate
10-03-2010, 06:14 PM
If the Colts win, they will have had to EARN it for four quarters.

Count Zarth
10-03-2010, 06:17 PM
We...WILL...WIN!

Losing the 2nd game of a 2-game road trip is acceptable.

I think the Texans have a lot more young talent than the Colts, anyway.

Smed1065
10-03-2010, 06:19 PM
Losing the 2nd game of a 2-game road trip is acceptable.

I think the Texans have a lot more young talent than the Colts, anyway.

I agree but last year a road win would be:hail:.

Shogun
10-03-2010, 06:22 PM
Peyton is just a man. His walls are crumbling. He has a few great weapons still including himself. But our team is full of Dangerous new weapons and a coaching staff that has pushed Peytons shit in in every meeting they have had. We had a bye week to prepare for them which is a huge advantage. The colts just lost to a team we have to play in 3 weeks. I can really see us taking this.

Chiefs Pantalones
10-03-2010, 06:23 PM
I think we win by outcoaching them again and going for over 200 on the ground, keeping the ball away from Manning. There's no way they stop our running game. None.

dirk digler
10-03-2010, 06:25 PM
After a 3-0 start there is sure alot of new homers around here

milkman
10-03-2010, 06:30 PM
After a 3-0 start there is sure alot of new homers around here

There's some things this team is doing that none of us expected.

The defense is playing solid, disciplined football.

Casey Weigman is playing much better than many of us expected because of his age, and Barry Richardson is playing well and improving game to game.

I expected that from BRich if he got the opportunity, but never expected he'd get that opportunity.

All of that together changes your perspective.

Rausch
10-03-2010, 06:31 PM
This regular season win means much more than 1 game.

This team knows this.

This game fucking exorcises all demons for the last 15 years.

We have not beaten the Colts once in 15 years and they've ended our playoff hopes 3 times in that span.

This game, MORE THAN ANY OTHER GAME ALL YEAR, would signal TRUE change.

This game doesn't mean we are a legit contender, it doesn't mean we'll make the playoffs, but it removes a huge monkey and means we CAN...

milkman
10-03-2010, 06:33 PM
but it removes a huge monkey and means we CAN...

We'll be the little injun that could?

dirk digler
10-03-2010, 06:34 PM

Casey Weigman is playing much better than many of us expected because of his age, and Barry Richardson is playing well and improving game to game.

I expected that from BRich if he got the opportunity, but never expected he'd get that opportunity.

We will see. I guess the inner Chief fan in me expects the Colts to blow us out and send us back to pretender status

Rausch
10-03-2010, 06:35 PM
We'll be the little injun that could?

Nein.
We will be the SODOMIZING PAIN TRAIN OF HURT!1!:cuss:

Rausch
10-03-2010, 06:35 PM
We will see. I guess the inner Chief fan in me expects the Colts to blow us out and send us back to pretender status

Tell him to go put on his big-boy panties and show up on sunday...

Bozo1970
10-03-2010, 06:37 PM
Chiefs got to much talent. I don't see the Colts competiting. Chiefs 45 Colts 14

Count Zarth
10-03-2010, 06:39 PM
Hmmm.

1. Coyer's defensive scheme is broken and everyone refuses to adjust. It was broken in the Super Bowl and the team just pretends like the Super Bowl never happened. You can play bend-don't-break all you want, but if you break, what's the point? What's the point of the cushion? And I'm mostly talking about cushion on 3rd-and-8s, critical 3rd-and-8s - DBs playing 15 yards off. Inexcusable. Dumb. Terrible scheming.

At some point, you have to put your defenders in a position to make a stop or make a play. I know they've been playing poorly, but Coyer's broken scheme actually seems to enable their suckitude. It also dials up ineffective blitz packages and refuses to account for two or three-step drops from QBs, like they've never seen those before. IF the QB is releasing the ball almost immediately after the snap, THEN you should not be 15 yards off. You should be in a position to break up that pass. I don't understand why the Colts give so much cushion in so many key situations. But they do, and in typical Caldwell fashion, they refuse to adjust.

milkman
10-03-2010, 06:40 PM
competiting.

None of us have ever seen that.

Priest31kc
10-03-2010, 06:41 PM
This regular season win means much more than 1 game.

This team knows this.

This game fucking exorcises all demons for the last 15 years.

We have not beaten the Colts once in 15 years and they've ended our playoff hopes 3 times in that span.

This game, MORE THAN ANY OTHER GAME ALL YEAR, would signal TRUE change.

This game doesn't mean we are a legit contender, it doesn't mean we'll make the playoffs, but it removes a huge monkey and means we CAN...

We beat them @ home in 2004 on Halloween. 45-35.

Chiefs Pantalones
Hmmm.

This plays to Cassel's advantage. No 7 step drops means no Freeney or Mathis coming around the corner.

Count Zarth
Heh heh.

I don't know if you've seen the chiefs play but they have ****ing burners on their team, it's won't be easy at all on the defensive side at least.

Marcellus
10-03-2010, 06:44 PM

Many people did not doubt that Weigman and Lilja who you didn't mention would be significant upgrades.

The defensive front, nobody expected that much change though it was thought Crennel would do better with the lot.

Rausch
10-03-2010, 06:46 PM
We beat them @ home in 2004 on Halloween. 45-35.

You ruined my whole Rudy speech.

Are you happy now?

Feel good?

milkman
10-03-2010, 06:47 PM
Many people did not doubt that Weigman and Lilja who you didn't mention would be significant upgrades.

The defensive front, nobody expected that much change though it was thought Crennel would do better with the lot.

I didn't mention Lilja because I wasn't in agreement with others about him.

Priest31kc
10-03-2010, 06:47 PM

Are you happy now?

Feel good?

ROFL

Rausch
10-03-2010, 06:48 PM

I didn't think he'd be nearly the upgrade he was.

Honestly, I think that speak volumes about where we were on teh line...

Chiefs Pantalones
10-03-2010, 06:49 PM

Are you happy now?

Feel good?

Actually in another way you're right. We haven't beaten them in a meaningful game in well FOREVER. The 2004 game was a regular season game but we weren't going nowhere that year. IMO, this is a meaningful game because we continue the momentum moving forward.

Smed1065
10-03-2010, 06:51 PM

milkman
10-03-2010, 06:52 PM
I didn't think he'd be nearly the upgrade he was.

Honestly, I think that speak volumes about where we were on teh line...

I've been beating this drum since Polian released him.

He was a scapegoat whe was their best run blocker and an underrated pass blocker because of the Peyton sucking.

Smed1065
10-03-2010, 06:55 PM
I've been beating this drum since Polian released him.

He was a scapegoat whe was their best run blocker and an underrated pass blocker because of the Peyton sucking.

I agree with this but the did not mention because of not agreeing with other posters? Made me wonder.

Rausch
10-03-2010, 07:00 PM
Actually in another way you're right. We haven't beaten them in a meaningful game in well FOREVER. The 2004 game was a regular season game but we weren't going nowhere that year. IMO, this is a meaningful game because we continue the momentum moving forward.

Ok, GUNTHER beat them.

If GUNTHER and co could beat this juggernaut anything is possible...

Chiefs Pantalones
10-03-2010, 07:02 PM
Ok, GUNTHER beat them.

If GUNTHER and co could beat this juggernaut anything is possible...

I think we win for a couple reasons, number one being coaching.

Rausch
10-03-2010, 07:10 PM
I think we win for a couple reasons, number one being coaching.

In fact I think Gun's quote was "They'll fucking punt this time."

Hog Farmer
10-03-2010, 07:10 PM
I think we just might make a game of this. They don't have much of a running game so Haley will have some shit up his sleeve. If we can keep moving the ball on the ground Manning will have limited opportunities . I think we lose just because Peyton can win any game he plays but it won't be a blow out.

Smed1065
10-03-2010, 07:21 PM
I think we just might make a game of this. They don't have much of a running game so Haley will have some shit up his sleeve. If we can keep moving the ball on the ground Manning will have limited opportunities . I think we lose just because Peyton can win any game he plays but it won't be a blow out.

Yes he can but will he/ Today was because he couldn't block a FG.

One dimensional teams suk-See our history.

Count Zarth
10-03-2010, 07:48 PM
It's afraid....

IT'S AFRAID!!!

http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:qw4OtVMMgKR3EM:http://havecoffeewillwrite.com/itsafraid.bmp&t=1

Whether we win or lose you're going to remember the name Dexter McCluster, we're gonna make another unknown a star.

Hog Farmer
10-03-2010, 07:56 PM
It's afraid....

IT'S AFRAID!!!

http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:qw4OtVMMgKR3EM:http://havecoffeewillwrite.com/itsafraid.bmp&t=1

I swear that looks just like Josh McDaniels !

The one on the right.

Rausch
10-03-2010, 07:58 PM
It's afraid....

IT'S AFRAID!!!

I have no idea what a gay man and a 40 foot snail vagina have to do with this game...

...and no, I don't want to.

baitism
10-03-2010, 08:04 PM
If Haley has any sense he will show the Colts waltzing into Arrowhead and ripping the hearts out of Chiefs fans in the playoffs.

T-post Tom
10-03-2010, 08:53 PM
Jeff Saturday is the key to the Indy o-line. He calls the line schemes and directs the unit. We just need Shaun Smith to put his ball-handling skills to work on Mr. Saturday. Get him off his game and thinking about protecting something other than Peyton Manning.

T-post Tom
10-03-2010, 09:03 PM
I don't like the sound of this. I wish the Colts would have won today...

Peyton Manning: Time for Colts to Find Way Out of 2-2 'Hole'

10/03/2010 10:06 PM ET By John Oehser

Peyton Manning knows from limited experience this can be overcome.

But the Indianapolis Colts' 10-time Pro Bowl quarterback said Sunday after a last-play loss to the Jacksonville Jaguars that the Colts are definitely in a "hole."

The Colts on Sunday rallied from three seven-point deficits, the last time on Manning's second touchdown pass of the game with 48 seconds remaining, but Jaguars kicker Josh Scobee's 59-yard field goal on the game's final play gave the Jaguars a 31-28 victory in Jacksonville.

The loss left the Colts 2-2.

And while the Colts in 2008 rallied from records of 2-2 and 3-4 to make the post-season as a 12-4 wild-card team they are more accustomed to quick starts and wire-to-wire finishes. The Colts have started 5-0 or better five times in seven seasons -- 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007 and 2009 -- winning the AFC South each time.

That won't happen this season.

And Manning said when it comes to the hole, now is the time to start digging.

"We're 2-2," Manning said Sunday. "That's what it is. That's not what we set out to be. That's what we are, though. We're behind in the division and we've lost two division games, which is certainly disappointing -- and on the road, too. You have to be able to win on the road.

"That's disappointing, too. We have to go to work. We have to keep fighting and we have to find a way to get ourselves out of this hole."

The Colts on Sunday slipped to 2-2 because unlike the week before, they couldn't stop the opponent in the red zone. A week after holding Denver to six points on five red-zone possessions, the Colts allowed Jacksonville three touchdowns on three red-zone possessions.

The Colts also were hurt by their own mistakes. They out-gained Jacksonville 406-337 but twice committed turnovers inside the Jaguars 10 -- once on an interception that bounced off rookie tight end Brody Eldridge at the 4 and once when wide receiver Reggie Wayne fumbled at the 10.

"You have to be able to overcome them (turnovers)," said Manning, who passed for 352 yards and two touchdowns. "Those things happen in the course of a football season and in the course of a game.

"There's still time to overcome them. You don't like for them to happen and you like for everything to go just right. When they do happen, when there's time on the clock, you have to be able to overcome them and win in spite of them.

"We had chances to do that today. We just didn't do it."

Said Colts coach Jim Caldwell, "I thought our guys hung in there. We had a couple of situations where we we came away with no points in the red zone, but our guys hung in there. We gave ourselves a chance, but we couldn't seal the deal at the end."

http://nfl.fanhouse.com/2010/10/03/peyton-manning-time-for-colts-to-find-way-out-of-2-2-hole/

FAX
10-03-2010, 09:06 PM
That's just talk, Mr. T-post Tom. Manning can talk all he wants until Sunday ... then he'll have to settle for mumbling because his head will be jammed up his ass.

FAX

T-post Tom
10-03-2010, 09:10 PM
That's just talk, Mr. T-post Tom. Manning can talk all he wants until Sunday ... then he'll have to settle for mumbling because his head will be jammed up his ass.

FAX

I like the way you think.

baitism
10-03-2010, 09:11 PM
I actually like their loss. Shakes their confidence and Peyton never plays well frustrated.

T-post Tom
10-03-2010, 09:14 PM
I actually like their loss. Shakes their confidence and Peyton never plays well frustrated.

Reggie Wayne & the rest of the offense played well enough to beat most teams today. I really hope our secondary finds a way to slow Wayne & Manning down.

Rausch
10-03-2010, 09:24 PM
http://www.chriscantore.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/12/r-lee-ermey1-1.jpg

Jesus ****ing jumping jack Christ on a pixie stick!

This fanbase is the most sack-lacking, ball-needing, afraid of your own shadow mammy-huggers I've seen since the french resistance!

"OH MAH GAWD it might hurt if the Chiefs lost a game and I invested any emotion into it. My feelers might get broke and then I'd have sad all day long..."

http://pawsru.org/fc/thumb/fc62982_r.%20lee%20ermeys.gif

"SUCK IT THE **** UP SOLDIER!

You will put on your mother****ing WARFACE and you will KNOW a win is at hand.
You will know this because this is what you have known, what you have witnessed for most your life, and you will be reassured once again when we decimate another enemy at the hand of our TWO MOTHER****ING HB HEADED SWORD!

There is no room for doubt, only the cry of victory as we trample the ignorant enough to oppose us and the GAWD-DAMNED-ROAR that is ARROWHEAD as we watch the opposition FALL!

The Bad Guy
10-03-2010, 09:31 PM
If Haley has any sense he will show the Colts waltzing into Arrowhead and ripping the hearts out of Chiefs fans in the playoffs.

Who the fuck cares about that?

Not the current team. There's 2 players on this team that was on that roster.

That would be dumb as fuck. What he should show them is how the Bears got their ass kicked when they were undefeated.

DeezNutz
10-03-2010, 09:34 PM
Costas: "The Chiefs, of all teams, is the last unbeaten team."

DBOSHO
10-03-2010, 09:36 PM
Bring it on peyton. Be mad. It will make brandon flowers pick 6 all that much sweeter.