PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs If we beat the Colts in Week 5.....are we...

Pestilence
09-28-2010, 10:05 AM
finally contenders? Or was it a fluke and we're still pretenders?

Short Leash Hootie
09-28-2010, 10:06 AM
not only contenders

but SUPER BOWL contenders

but come on...before we have a planet meltdown two weeks from now

lets realize we're probably going to be smoked

I've already told myself if we lose by 10 or less I'll be content

Pestilence
09-28-2010, 10:07 AM
not only contenders

but SUPER BOWL contenders

but come on...before we have a planet meltdown two weeks from now

lets realize we're probably going to be smoked

I've already told myself if we lose by 10 or less I'll be content

Don't get me wrong.....I've already accepted a loss. I think we hang in there for a little while....but in the end....Manning is to much for our young defense.

Short Leash Hootie
09-28-2010, 10:13 AM
it is pretty cool we get two weeks for this one....

it isn't cool we have to face Indy and Houston back to back weeks on the road

Mr. Arrowhead
09-28-2010, 10:13 AM
I dont really think we will have to win to be considered contenders, even we hang with them, and lose by 1 score, I think people will notice and some will think we will be contenders

Dante84
09-28-2010, 10:15 AM
it is pretty cool we get two weeks for this one....

it isn't cool we have to face Indy and Houston back to back weeks on the road

I'll take two ass rapings and an easier season over a bunch of upper level, 50/50 games all season long.

buddha
09-28-2010, 10:15 AM
Every win will be a fluke no matter who KC beats. Just because the Chiefs have already beaten two preseason division winners, let's not let that get in the way.

A really good draft and two really good coordinators make a helluva difference, eh?

Direckshun
09-28-2010, 10:16 AM
We've got too many holes to be SB contenders.

We've got too much talent to be pretenders, though.

Hug it Out Dan
09-28-2010, 10:17 AM
IF we can beat the Colts, then I'd have to say yes, we'd be contenders.

SB contenders? I dunno about that. Anyone can have a bad game, but being 4-0 and depending on what the other AFCW teams do we could have a substantial lead in our division. As long as we keep it up, after Houston, our schedule is VERY favorable. I'm not worried about facing any other AFCW team to be honest. I expect a loss @ SD, but thats about it.

Short Leash Hootie
We've got too many holes to be SB contenders.

We've got too much talent to be pretenders, though.

If we go in to Indy and win...

we're Super Bowl contenders.

Period.

But hey...

I'd say the chances of us winning @ Indy are somewhere in the neighborhood of 5%

The Bad Guy
GoChiefs posted this in the other thread.

Romeo Crenell is 7-0 lifetime coordinating a defense against Peyton Manning.

DTLB58
09-28-2010, 10:18 AM
The talk of the NFL.

Mile High Mania
09-28-2010, 10:18 AM
If the Chiefs can win at Indy in two weeks... I'll admit to totally being wrong about the Chiefs this year and you can put whatever you like in my sig line for a week.

Short Leash Hootie
09-28-2010, 10:19 AM

and my $$$ will be on the Colts so there is a double whammy for everyone...

I'm literally going to pop about $300 on the Colts money line...win/win for me.

The Bad Guy
09-28-2010, 10:20 AM
The thing about this is, I've never in my life as a Chiefs fan been as confident in the coaching and preperation.

Chiefs teams of the past had garbage prep and coaches that seldomly made adjustments.

Indy is a massive test, that we likely won't win, but I have hope simply based on the coaches having 2 weeks to prepare for Peyton.

Fish
09-28-2010, 10:20 AM
http://img291.imageshack.us/img291/9618/undepends0775212.jpg

The Bad Guy
09-28-2010, 10:21 AM

Double whammy for everyone?

Why do I care what you bet on?

Mile High Mania
09-28-2010, 10:22 AM

Is Romeo bringing those NE defenses (and NE offenses) from 2001-2004 with him on the trip to Indy in 2 weeks?

InChiefsHell
09-28-2010, 10:23 AM
Even if we beat the Colts, I wouldn't call us SB contenders, but we are definitely a team who COULD be in the playoffs. I still think we need better QB play and a solid season of consistent productivity on both sides of the ball before I'd say we can contend for the big enchilada.

But it's nice to know we seem to be headed in the right direction.

Silock
09-28-2010, 10:24 AM

About to be 7-1, unfortunately.

The Bad Guy
09-28-2010, 10:24 AM
Is Romeo bringing those NE defenses (and NE offenses) from 2001-2004 with him on the trip to Indy in 2 weeks?

No, he's not.

However, after he left, their success rate against Manning declined considerably.

Lzen
09-28-2010, 10:25 AM
The thing about this is, I've never in my life as a Chiefs fan been as confident in the coaching and preperation.

Chiefs teams of the past had garbage prep and coaches that seldomly made adjustments.

Indy is a massive test, that we likely won't win, but I have hope simply based on the coaches having 2 weeks to prepare for Peyton.

Good post. I have so much more confidence in the coaching this year than in year's past.

Stryker
09-28-2010, 10:25 AM
If we beat the Colts, Texans and Jags - THEN we will be considered CONTENDERS.

The Bad Guy
09-28-2010, 10:26 AM
Even if we beat the Colts, I wouldn't call us SB contenders, but we are definitely a team who COULD be in the playoffs. I still think we need better QB play and a solid season of consistent productivity on both sides of the ball before I'd say we can contend for the big enchilada.

But it's nice to know we seem to be headed in the right direction.

If we beat the AFC top dog on their home turf, then this team is a contender bottom line.

The Chiefs have 2 tough games the next 2 weeks. After that, the schedule is basically easy street except for another game against San Diego on the road and Tennessee.

If they win at Indy, I would think based on playing Buffalo, Jacksonville, Oakland twice, Denver at home, and Arizona that we are a basic lock for the playoffs at worst 10-6.

DaKCMan AP
09-28-2010, 10:34 AM
Beating the Colts would be Awesome, like DaKCMan AP.

Von Dumbass
09-28-2010, 10:35 AM
What do you mean by contenders?

Super Bowl contenders?.... no way in hell

Playoff contenders?.... maybe

Reerun_KC
09-28-2010, 10:36 AM
First off, this place will implode... Certain people will meltdown...

Second, most here already gave up on the team before the SF game, it was written as a loss in permanant marker.

Third.. That is why they play the game.

31-28 either way...

jAZ
09-28-2010, 10:36 AM
We don't get to be contenders until we make the playoffs.

FAX
09-28-2010, 10:37 AM
I think that, not only can we beat the Mannings, I think we will.

1) We can stop whatever run game they have (which isn't great).
2) We can run down their throats (controlling the clock).
3) We can pressure Headless Jesus.
4) Our secondary can cover.

I believe.

FAX

DaKCMan AP
09-28-2010, 10:37 AM

By contenders, we mean Dungver sucks.

The Bad Guy
09-28-2010, 10:38 AM
Beating the Colts would be Awesome, like DaKCMan AP.

It's just sad already.

OnTheWarpath58
09-28-2010, 10:43 AM
Contenders as in making the playoffs?

If this team starts 4-0 and misses the playoffs, the meltdown around here will be of biblical proportion.

Contenders as in Super Bowl Contenders?

Take that shit back over to WPI.

Reerun_KC
09-28-2010, 10:44 AM
lastly, I will be at the game... Last time I went to a Colts Chiefs game, we won..

Hoping in one hand and holding a beer in the other.... LMAO

DaKCMan AP
09-28-2010, 10:46 AM
It's just sad already.

What's sad is your 0-3 fantasy team despite incessantly spamming the board for advice.

ChiTown

Go fist your sister. Thanks

Reerun_KC
Contenders as in making the playoffs?

If this team starts 4-0 and misses the playoffs, the meltdown around here will be of biblical proportion.

Contenders as in Super Bowl Contenders?

Take that shit back over to WPI.

I can think of about 5-10 people that would be shit full of giggles here if that happened..

People think the last 18 months have been hard to read, just imagine if that happened.

ClevelandBronco
09-28-2010, 10:47 AM
I don't think you guys ought to anticipate a Chiefs loss to the Colts. I wasn't impressed at all with the way Indy played Sunday. IMHO, the Broncos might have won that game if McDaniels had overslept and missed it.

OnTheWarpath58
I can think of about 5-10 people that would be shit full of giggles here if that happened..

People think the last 18 months have been hard to read, just imagine if that happened.

:facepalm:

You just passed KnowMo for biggest dumbass on this board.

Congratulations.

BWillie
Why are we leaving out Houston? Houston is a good team and appears to be an offensive juggernaut this year. If we win both of those games, I will call this team a Super Bowl contender. Why are we just limiting this to Indianapolis?

I fully expect to lose both of the next two games, but they have surprised everybody so far so who knows.

OnTheWarpath58
09-28-2010, 10:49 AM
I don't think you guys ought to anticipate a Chiefs loss to the Colts. I wasn't impressed at all with the way Indy played Sunday. IMHO, the Broncos might have won that game if McDaniels had overslept and missed it.

Good point.

Game would have been completely different had McDumbshit taken the points instead of going for it.

OnTheWarpath58
09-28-2010, 10:51 AM
Why are we leaving out Houston? Houston is a good team and appears to be an offensive juggernaut this year. If we win both of those games, I will call this team a Super Bowl contender. Why are we just limiting this to Indianapolis?

I fully expect to lose both of the next two games, but they have surprised everybody so far so who knows.

Well, Indy is next on the schedule.

And they just happen to be our fucking kryptonite, so I can understand why they are getting the focus.

REDHOTGTO
09-28-2010, 10:57 AM

one at a time baby one at a time

Reerun_KC
09-28-2010, 11:02 AM

You just passed KnowMo for biggest dumbass on this board.

Congratulations.

Coming from someone that bitches and menopauses more that my wife?

This means so much too me...

Thank you, Thank you so much for those words...

Iowanian
09-28-2010, 11:04 AM
While I'll be cheering and hoping for a W in Indy, I'll be shocked if it happens. Indy is built to kick the Chiefs ass.

The Chiefs D has been focuses on stopping the run and Indy isn't running the ball much. Manning, Wayne and Co vs our young secondary including 2 rookie safeties? C'mon....They're going to torch our secondary, I'll guess 350yards

The Chiefs offense is going to have to work the running game to take advantage of the pass rush. Speed rushers in Freeney and Mathis are going to likely cause our OTs some issues, especially Richardson. I think if the Chiefs run at them and work with some screens and draws to counter that rush, and then go to the safe passes and PA, the offense will be able to score on Indy.

It's not impossible as much as I thought it would be 4 weeks ago, but I'm fully prepared for my bad girlfriend to show up next week.

As for Houston, if Andre Johnson is hurt/slow....the Chiefs can stop the run and probably hang with them.

Reerun_KC
09-28-2010, 11:06 AM
While I'll be cheering and hoping for a W in Indy, I'll be shocked if it happens. Indy is built to kick the Chiefs ass.

The Chiefs D has been focuses on stopping the run and Indy isn't running the ball much. Manning, Wayne and Co vs our young secondary including 2 rookie safeties? C'mon....They're going to torch our secondary, I'll guess 350yards

The Chiefs offense is going to have to work the running game to take advantage of the pass rush. Speed rushers in Freeney and Mathis are going to likely cause our OTs some issues, especially Richardson. I think if the Chiefs run at them and work with some screens and draws to counter that rush, and then go to the safe passes and PA, the offense will be able to score on Indy.

It's not impossible as much as I thought it would be 4 weeks ago, but I'm fully prepared for my bad girlfriend to show up next week.

As for Houston, if Andre Johnson is hurt/slow....the Chiefs can stop the run and probably hang with them.

good points...

stevieray
09-28-2010, 11:11 AM
Haley FINALLY got the Chiefs over the hump @ Invesco, and this team is better...they go on the road and beat Indy..something special could absolutely be brewing...that would be two road wins in four games and three conference victories..

..that isn't pretending...that's contending.

FAX
09-28-2010, 11:18 AM

It's not impossible as much as I thought it would be 4 weeks ago, but I'm fully prepared for my bad girlfriend to show up next week....

I don't see it that way. Crennel will have our young secondary believing they can beat the Mannings in their game.

Crennel has Manning's number ... he knows his tendencies, his reads, his mechanics, the whole deal. Headless Jesus will make some throws, no doubt, but Crennel will set him up for a couple of key picks ... mark my words.

I don't think our guys are a bunch of spineless pussies who think the Mannings are "unbeatable". Far from it. I think these guys are going to want to prove something. They'll be physical, they'll force the receivers off their routes, and they'll make Headless Jesus weep like a baby who wants a boobie.

FAX

Reaper16
09-28-2010, 11:19 AM

Why, yes, there are 5-10 Broncos/Raiders/Chargers fans posting here. More than that, even.

Raiderhader
09-28-2010, 11:34 AM
Well, Indy is next on the schedule.

And they just happen to be our ****ing kryptonite, so I can understand why they are getting the focus.

That's in the playoffs. Regular season we tend to fair better against them.

mlyonsd
09-28-2010, 11:41 AM
If we beat the colts in week 5 I'll buy the beer and make ribs for anyone that wants to show up in Spink the following weekend.

Reaper16
09-28-2010, 11:44 AM
If we beat the colts in week 5 I'll buy the beer and make ribs for anyone that wants to show up in Spink the following weekend.
This post marks Spink's largest tourist initiative in decades.

Flachief58
09-28-2010, 11:50 AM
If we beat the colts (and that's a HUGE if) we would be 4-0 and judging by the rest of our schedual I believe we would be contending for the west. I haven't had enough kool-aid to believe we could contend for the SB yet.

Calcountry
09-28-2010, 11:52 AM
I dont really think we will have to win to be considered contenders, even we hang with them, and lose by 1 score, I think people will notice and some will think we will be contendersReally, this is as far as I have to read in this thread. Frankly, I could give a chit what people notice and think. I have been rolling with this team for 41 years. Other than with Montana, and he tried to screw it up by wearing gloves against Pittsburgh, I haven't so much as enjoyed playoff wins.

KC, hometown is Missouri, SHOW ME MUTHA FUGGAS!

Championship, anything less, is for suckers.

I could care less what Randy Cross, Warren Sapp, or Terry Bradshaw think.

DaneMcCloud
09-28-2010, 11:55 AM
Second, most here already gave up on the team before the SF game, it was written as a loss in permanant marker.

Bullshit.

More people voted for the Chiefs to win against SF than lose.

You're such a whiny piece of shit. Fuck, barely ONE WEEK AGO you were calling for Weis & Haley's head in the game chat.

DrRyan
09-28-2010, 11:58 AM

You are going to put $300 on the money line? Why on earth would you do that? I have to expect the Colts to be -250 to -300 for the money line.

spanky 52
09-28-2010, 12:00 PM
I like our chances with Crennel and Weis having two weeks to game plan. Jones and Charles need to have a big day and stay on the field and keep Manning on the side lines.

Reerun_KC
09-28-2010, 12:12 PM
Bullshit.

More people voted for the Chiefs to win against SF than lose.

You're such a whiny piece of shit. ****, barely ONE WEEK AGO you were calling for Weis & Haley's head in the game chat.

ROFL

Wow. More lies from Dane, Imagine that...

Not surprised he is starting with a childish tirade again.... but if you were paying attention, I was bitching about Weis and his play calling during the browns game.. Yes I did say that during the game that he needs to straighten up the calls with the packages or he should lose his job...

I admit I was wrong, his game on Sunday was excellent... I was floored at the creativity of the offense.

speaking of whiney piece of shit... Dude you need to grow up... Your act is beyond old on this board...

Mile High Mania
09-28-2010, 12:15 PM
Good point.

Game would have been completely different had McDumbshit taken the points instead of going for it.

Indy has a soft defense and an inability to run... Denver had many opportunities to win that game and yes, McDaniels is a dumbass. I read this morning that he pointed to Orton as being one of the reasons for the redzone and 3rd down issues.

Yeah, that's it... let's throw him under the bus for having an overall solid game. The offense sputtered when the gaggle of spares at RB couldn't punch it in at the 1 with 4 tries... yeah, let's talk about those 3 points we didn't go for with 9 minutes left to make it a 4 point game.

Let's talk about the inability to stop guys over the middle for 3rd and anything when they could have forced a punt.

Mile High Mania
09-28-2010, 12:16 PM
I like our chances with Crennel and Weis having two weeks to game plan. Jones and Charles need to have a big day and stay on the field and keep Manning on the side lines.

Time rarely matters to Manning though... remember last year, the Dolphins only allowed Indy to have what 15 minutes TOP and Manning still did his thing for a win.

Manning is a totally different animal at QB... he can win with anyone.

Short Leash Hootie
09-28-2010, 12:17 PM
why do people think we can run the ball down the oppositions throat?

yeah...

I'll give us this...we don't get a lot of negative runs and we set up a lot of 3rd and 3s...

but we are terrible in 3rd and short and we have a ton of 3 and outs...

so that whole "control the clock with the ground game" shit is a myth, and that's not how we'll win, and that's now what our gameplan will be...

we will come out passing...mark that down

Short Leash Hootie
09-28-2010, 12:17 PM
why do people think we can run the ball down the oppositions throat?

yeah...

I'll give us this...we don't get a lot of negative runs and we set up a lot of 3rd and 3s...

but we are terrible in 3rd and short and we have a ton of 3 and outs...

so that whole "control the clock with the ground game" shit is a myth, and that's not how we'll win, and that's now what our gameplan will be...

we will come out passing...mark that down

Mile High Mania
09-28-2010, 12:19 PM
The Colts are just one of those teams that are hard to beat... I know that KC has looked good, but this is going to be one hell of a test. KC hasn't faced a team yet with the weapons they'll be throwing out there, so if they're for real... you'll find out quickly.

Nzoner
09-28-2010, 12:26 PM
I don't see it that way. Crennel will have our young secondary believing they can beat the Mannings in their game.

Crennel has Manning's number ... he knows his tendencies, his reads, his mechanics, the whole deal. Headless Jesus will make some throws, no doubt, but Crennel will set him up for a couple of key picks ... mark my words.

I don't think our guys are a bunch of spineless pussies who think the Mannings are "unbeatable". Far from it. I think these guys are going to want to prove something. They'll be physical, they'll force the receivers off their routes, and they'll make Headless Jesus weep like a baby who wants a boobie.

FAX

Having Vrabel who witnessed 4 straight wins and contributed 3 sacks can't hurt either.

Also as a sidenote,in that 2003-2004, 4 game span Manning threw 7 picks.

CupidStunt
09-28-2010, 12:40 PM
*If* they were to do the unthinkable, they should absolutely win 12 football games, and if they do that, you better believe they're a contender. If they win in Indy, they can absolutely win a home playoff game against any wildcard team.

But this is purely and extremely hypothetical. It's beyond my wildest dreams that this young team could beat Manning in his back yard.

CupidStunt
09-28-2010, 12:40 PM
*If* they were to do the unthinkable, they should absolutely win 12 football games, and if they do that, you better believe they're a contender. If they win in Indy, they can absolutely win a home playoff game against any wildcard team.

But this is purely and extremely hypothetical. It's beyond my wildest dreams that this young team could beat Manning in his back yard.

DaneMcCloud
09-28-2010, 12:41 PM
speaking of whiney piece of shit... Dude you need to grow up... Your act is beyond old on this board...

Lies? Fuck you. Everyone that was in there that day knows exactly what you said.

Furthermore, you're a whiny fucking crybaby, EVERYONE and I mean EVERYONE was sick and IS sick of your Herm bashing bullshit.

You're not even cool enough to be considered a fucking tool.

Fuck off.

Mile High Mania
09-28-2010, 12:42 PM
Also as a sidenote,in that 2003-2004, 4 game span Manning threw 7 picks.

I looked back in the thread, but what are you referring to?

Reerun_KC
09-28-2010, 12:51 PM
Lies? **** you. Everyone that was in there that day knows exactly what you said.

Furthermore, you're a whiny ****ing crybaby, EVERYONE and I mean EVERYONE was sick and IS sick of your Herm bashing bullshit.

You're not even cool enough to be considered a ****ing tool.

**** off.

ROFL

Jesus dude, you need to seek therapy... Something just isnt right with you.

ROFL

Who said anything about Herm? You keep bringing it up... Who cares about Herm, he is long long gone from here and the Chiefs are better for it. I know I dont care about Herm anymore. That is so 2008 its not even funny.

While were at it, lets go ahead and bitch about Marty, that would be relevant to todays converstation and team... Maybe we should blame Levy as well?

I dont think you cursed or yelled at me enough. You can do better than that, lets see if you can sqeak out 5-7 lines this time...:D

Nzoner
09-28-2010, 01:00 PM
I looked back in the thread, but what are you referring to?

The Pats 4 win no loss domination of Indy when Crenell and Vrabel were there

FAX
09-28-2010, 01:02 PM
why do people think we can run the ball down the oppositions throat? ...

Well, for starters we have already demonstrated the ability to do so. The 9rs run defense hasn't been half bad and both Jones and Charles ran just south of a C-note each.

Secondly, the Mannings run defense isn't exactly daunting.

Thirdly, we have Weis on our side now ... gall bladder or no, he'll have the offense ready.

I think those are three good reasons why it's reasonable to expect our run game to perform well, you dad blamed doubter. This isn't a time to pussy out. This is a moment to prove to the world that this young team comes to play.

FAX

Frazod
09-28-2010, 01:04 PM
Well, for starters we have already demonstrated the ability to do so. The 9rs run defense hasn't been half bad and both Jones and Charles ran just south of a C-note each.

Thirdly, we have Weis on our side now ... gall bladder or no, he'll have the offense ready.

I think those are three good reasons why it's reasonable to expect our run game to perform well, you dad blamed doubter. This isn't a time to pussy out. This is a moment to prove to the world that this young team comes to play.

FAX

And BTW, here's a big :thumb: to Weis - if you've gotta have an organ removed, do it during the bye week! That's just awesome.

Reerun_KC
09-28-2010, 01:05 PM

FAX

I havent seen a team this prepared for each game the first 3 weeks of a season as this one here in KC...

Mile High Mania
09-28-2010, 01:07 PM
The Pats 4 win no loss domination of Indy when Crenell and Vrabel were there

NE definitely had INDY's number during that run, there's no doubt... but it was much more than just Crenell and Vrabel and I don't know that you can really extrapolate that type of success or expectation of success to 2010 and this Chiefs' team traveling to Indy.

Priest31kc
09-28-2010, 01:09 PM

FAX

The 49ers have had the #1 run defense since Singletary's been there. They were 5th coming into the game. We ran for 206 yards, just ran it down their throat, the most rushing yards they've allowed since 2005. I'd say that's pretty damn impressive, and gives me confidence that we can run on ANYONE. And Indy's run D is a joke.....2 weeks to prepare for that. If we were @ home I wouldn't have any doubts we'd run for damn near 300 yards against them, but they do seem to play a little better @ home.

FAX
09-28-2010, 01:10 PM
NE definitely had INDY's number during that run, there's no doubt... but it was much more than just Crenell and Vrabel and I don't know that you can really extrapolate that type of success or expectation of success to 2010 and this Chiefs' team traveling to Indy.

Doesn't hurt, though.

FAX

DaneMcCloud
09-28-2010, 01:12 PM
ROFL

Jesus dude, you need to seek therapy... Something just isnt right with you.

ROFL

Who said anything about Herm? You keep bringing it up... Who cares about Herm, he is long long gone from here and the Chiefs are better for it. I know I dont care about Herm anymore. That is so 2008 its not even funny.

While were at it, lets go ahead and bitch about Marty, that would be relevant to todays converstation and team... Maybe we should blame Levy as well?

I dont think you cursed or yelled at me enough. You can do better than that, lets see if you can sqeak out 5-7 lines this time...:D

You're mental.

And going on ignore. And if you ruin the game chat again, I'll stop going there as well.

FAX
09-28-2010, 01:15 PM
The 49ers have had the #1 run defense since Singletary's been there. They were 5th coming into the game. We ran for 206 yards, just ran it down their throat, the most rushing yards they've allowed since 2005. I'd say that's pretty damn impressive, and gives me confidence that we can run on ANYONE. And Indy's run D is a joke.....2 weeks to prepare for that. If we were @ home I wouldn't have any doubts we'd run for damn near 300 yards against them, but they do seem to play a little better @ home.

Remember this, though, Mr. Priest31kc. Speed kills.

Their home stadium is covered with field turf ... McCluster, Arenas, and Charles might have to bring about 9 extra pairs of shoes.

We could be very fast on that field.

FAX

Reerun_KC
09-28-2010, 01:16 PM
You're mental.

And going on ignore. And if you ruin the game chat again, I'll stop going there as well.

Your laughable at best.

Your temper tantrums over the last 18 months have made this board almost unreadable. Now your pulling this out like your some kind of super poster?

This is rich.. I am almost in tears at the irony of this post by you...

ROFLROFLROFL

Reerun_KC
09-28-2010, 01:17 PM
Remember this, though, Mr. Priest31kc. Speed kills.

Their home stadium is covered with field turf ... McCluster, Arenas, and Charles might have to bring about 9 extra pairs of shoes.

We could be very fast on that field.

FAX

I havent looked at it from that prespective.. I hope the Chiefs pack an extra set of Fire Extingushers.. We dont need to set the stadium on fire.

Nzoner
09-28-2010, 01:18 PM

I was referring to Fax take on Crenell and just stating that Vrabel being on those teams can't hurt either because he was first hand witness to it and can share that with the young players.

Nzoner
09-28-2010, 01:22 PM

Arian Foster lit their ass up week 1 in Texas and home or not our 2 headed monster on that turf could have a field day as well.

Frazod
09-28-2010, 01:27 PM
We'll also have the disrespect factor working in our favor. Indy will probably be 10+ point favorite, and I'm sure all the Prisco-types will be loudly trumpeting our certain doom at the hands of Great And Powerful St. Manning. It all makes for great bulletin board material.

Short Leash Hootie
09-28-2010, 01:32 PM
I'd say Indy -6.5 is more like it

Fritz88
09-28-2010, 01:44 PM
No. You contend when you play this good two months from now
Posted via Mobile Device

jspchief
09-28-2010, 01:59 PM
The 6-0 2009 Broncos say "contender".

Reerun_KC
09-28-2010, 02:01 PM

I think we should wait until we actually make the playoffs before we toot the contender horn...

No need to pull a rinse and repeat here do we?

Reerun_KC
09-28-2010, 02:02 PM
I voted pretenders..

Until we actually make the playoffs... I dont want to jinx the mojo here.

stevieray
09-28-2010, 02:05 PM

not the same...the invescos annually get the hard games @ home and early in the schedule...

where did they play Indy? @ home.

InChiefsHell
09-28-2010, 02:09 PM

You had to go there didn't you...:D

I was thinking the same thing. We just need to go week to week. Forget about the playoffs until December...hopefully we'll be in the hunt.

SNR
09-28-2010, 02:11 PM
Can the Chiefs beat the Colts? Maybe.

Will the Chiefs beat the Colts? Probably not.

Can the Chiefs go to the SB if they beat the Colts? Maybe.

Can the Chiefs also go into the toilet after beating the Colts? Maybe.

Is Reerun the biggest dumbass on this board outside of CoMo and Knowmo? Fuck yes.

jspchief
09-28-2010, 02:12 PM
not the same...the invescos annually get the hard games @ home and early in the schedule...

where did they play Indy? @ home.A lot of arguments could be made for why it is similar or not.

My point is, things can change in a hurry.

OnTheWarpath58
09-28-2010, 02:13 PM

Is Reerun the biggest dumbass on this board outside of CoMo and Knowmo? Fuck yes.

LMAO

luv
09-28-2010, 02:14 PM
If we beat Indy in Indy, I have a feeling that will be the kick start needed to fill arrowhead. Even if we lose to Houston.

Reerun_KC
09-28-2010, 02:15 PM

Is Reerun the biggest dumbass on this board outside of CoMo and Knowmo? **** yes.

:clap:

Well played... May Dane bless you with a 10000 rep points...

Zeke
09-28-2010, 02:26 PM
This game vs. Indy - Eric Berry will come into his own.

The Chiefs will win.

And we will all know what it feels like to have finally shut Knowmo the f*** up.

Goldmember
09-28-2010, 02:35 PM
If we beat the AFC top dog on their home turf, then this team is a contender bottom line.

The Chiefs have 2 tough games the next 2 weeks. After that, the schedule is basically easy street except for another game against San Diego on the road and Tennessee.

If they win at Indy, I would think based on playing Buffalo, Jacksonville, Oakland twice, Denver at home, and Arizona that we are a basic lock for the playoffs at worst 10-6.

Division games are hardly ever easy street.

Nzoner
09-28-2010, 02:42 PM
I was thinking the same thing. We just need to go week to week. Forget about the playoffs until December...hopefully we'll be in the hunt.

Absolutely,and hopefully enjoy the ride.

redgoldexpress
09-28-2010, 06:32 PM
I think that, not only can we beat the Mannings, I think we will.

1) We can stop whatever run game they have (which isn't great).
2) We can run down their throats (controlling the clock).
3) We can pressure Headless Jesus.
4) Our secondary can cover.

I believe.

FAX

I believe the same thing but would like to add a 5 and a 6 to it as well

5) Ryan Lijia: Who was on the oline for the Colts the last 6 years and should have a very accurate feeling for what Manning does in certain situations and what some of the signals that Manning does/says meants.

6) 2 weeks to prepare for the game.

The Bad Guy
09-28-2010, 06:46 PM
I believe the same thing but would like to add a 5 and a 6 to it as well

5) Ryan Lijia: Who was on the oline for the Colts the last 6 years and should have a very accurate feeling for what Manning does in certain situations and what some of the signals that Manning does/says meants.

6) 2 weeks to prepare for the game.

I don't think Lilja knows anything Manning is going to do. I mean, he can be an OK resource, but I think Romeo knows how to prepare for him already.

Whether or not we can actually stop the machine remains to be seen.

Also, this Bronco 6-0 nonsense is a clear exception, not the rule.

boogblaster
09-28-2010, 08:12 PM
Colts can be beaten .. at their house its real hard .....

BossChief
09-28-2010, 08:37 PM
First comes the running game being effective (on misdirection and peremeter runs, among others, to slow the pass rush) till they sell out to stop it...then Moeaki exploits the open middle...then comes the play action and trick plays...then the screens and draws become effective.

Rinse, repeat.

If our line can keep Cassel clean (sounds like a joke, but I really mean this) and open holes in the running game...and we can find a way to get to Peyton without blitzing too much, we have a real shot at winning this game.

dj56dt58
09-28-2010, 08:50 PM

no, but as soon as Romeo left those same defensive players and offensive players lost to Indy in the playoffs.

Rausch
09-28-2010, 08:58 PM
Means nothing until we do it in the playoffs.

That day I'll look like the HE-MAN animated gif of happiness!

http://thetrawbros.files.wordpress.com/2007/07/he-man.gif?w=450

tk13
09-28-2010, 09:26 PM

I don't know if it means anything... Manning did have good games against NE from time to time. But definitely couldn't get over the hump, and didn't do it when it counted.

But even when Romeo was in Cleveland, they'd get in low scoring grinders with Indy. Manning played Romeo's defense twice in Cleveland. In those two games Indy won 13-6, and 10-6. Manning went 34-44, about 175 yds/game, 0 TD, 3 INT. The Colts scored 1 offensive TD in the two games.... and that 2nd game is the only time in the last 7 years the Colts have not scored an offensive TD in a game.

Also, if you take away those end of season games where they rest everyone.. the Colts have only been held under 14 points four times the last 5 seasons. Once against the Bears, the Jags, and then twice vs. Crennel's Browns. I definitely don't expect all that but hopefully something Crennel does right rubs off on this defense.

Rausch
09-28-2010, 09:30 PM
I don't know if it means anything... Manning did have good games against NE from time to time. But definitely couldn't get over the hump, and didn't do it when it counted.

But even when Romeo was in Cleveland, they'd get in low scoring grinders with Indy. Manning played Romeo's defense twice in Cleveland. In those two games Indy won 13-6, and 10-6. Manning went 34-44, about 175 yds/game, 0 TD, 3 INT. The Colts scored 1 offensive TD in the two games.... and that 2nd game is the only time in the last 7 years the Colts have not scored an offensive TD in a game. I definitely don't expect all that but hopefully something rubs off on this defense.

I think yer' full of $3it.

There's no way Romeo manages teh greEATness that was Gunther and keeps this game close in the 4th quarter.

(In fact, that's EXACTLY what I expect for those unable to detect cynicism...)

alanm
09-28-2010, 10:04 PM
One game at a time. Projecting the Chiefs fortunes down the road is a waste of time.
Most of you guys should know this. :shake:

JoeyChuckles
09-28-2010, 10:08 PM

Playoffs? Playoffs? What, the ... Playoffs?

- Jim Mora

kysirsoze
09-28-2010, 10:08 PM
No. You contend when you play this good two months from now
Posted via Mobile Device

Weren't you going to have your name changed to cock buffer or something if we got a non-ugly win against SF?

DaneMcCloud
09-28-2010, 10:13 PM
One game at a time. Projecting the Chiefs fortunes down the road is a waste of time.
Most of you guys should know this. :shake:

Dude, the NEXT GAME is at Indy.

I think it'll give us all a pretty damn good idea of where the Chiefs are at this point in time.

Don't you?

BossChief
09-28-2010, 10:17 PM
Brodie Croyle made his first career start in Indy, with a poor defense, a horrid OL, in a game we missed two semi easy field goals...and we lost by 3 points.

I wonder how he would do with this team sometimes, Cassel has only been sacked twice in three games so far...how would Brodie do behind a line that could protect him and weapons all around him.

<---wasting his time, I know.

DaneMcCloud
09-28-2010, 10:20 PM
Brodie Croyle made his first career start in Indy, with a poor defense, a horrid OL, in a game we missed two semi easy field goals...and we lost by 3 points.

I wonder how he would do with this team sometimes, Cassel has only been sacked twice in three games so far...how would Brodie do behind a line that could protect him and weapons all around him.

I think if it's a close game (and it WILL be), the Chiefs win.

This defense is playing lights out. Romeo and Charlie will have two full weeks to prepare.

This running game is not only the best in the league, it may be the best ever because this combination of backs are insane. The line is playing like it's 2004. The only way I can see the Chiefs losing big is if Cassel shits himself.

Otherwise, it's going to be close and if you can frustrate Manning for three quarters, you win.

This could be Berry's breakout game.

BossChief
09-28-2010, 10:26 PM
Dane, did you just say you think we will beat Indy in two weeks and that our running game could be the best EVER?

alanm
09-28-2010, 10:27 PM
If we beat the colts in week 5 I'll buy the beer and make ribs for anyone that wants to show up in Spink the following weekend.I thought I'd be closer than most in Scottsbluff but I looked it up. I'm 502 miles away. :eek:

SenselessChiefsFan
09-28-2010, 10:30 PM
We could win by 30, and I still wouldn't think we are contenders.

It will take a full season of winning and consistency... and every week, I will expect to lose, and be happy if I am wrong.

I am not sold on Cassel. I am not sold on the linebackers. I am not sold on the WR's. I am not sold on the offensive line.

The reality is that this team has holes. Glaring holes that you can drive a bus through.

But, the indicator is pointing up and I am thrilled that things are moving in the right direction.

I do think that playoffs this year = Cassel long term starter. I am mixed on that.

But, I just don't think 'contender' is the right word. Not now, not after a win in Indy (if it happens).... not even after being undefeated at 6-0.

The Chiefs were pretenders in 1995 and in 2003. In 1997, they were a contender with Gannon... but pretended they were better with Grbac.

I digress.

Contenders? No. But, even more of a surprise than they already are.

DaneMcCloud
09-28-2010, 10:32 PM
Dane, did you just say you think we will beat Indy in two weeks and that our running game could be the best EVER?

As a whole, meaning the most yards put up in a single season by a collection of running backs?

Yes.

And yes, I do believe the Chiefs can beat Indy IF Cassel doesn't shit himself.

If he plays like he did Sunday, Chiefs win.

BossChief
09-28-2010, 10:32 PM
I think, like Dane, that we win a close game.

I just hope that Indy doesn't bring us back down to earth and give the blueprint on how to beat us.

alanm
09-28-2010, 10:33 PM
Dude, the NEXT GAME is at Indy.

I think it'll give us all a pretty damn good idea of where the Chiefs are at this point in time.

Don't you?I'm talking about past Indy. Can't help but cite Denver last year starting out 6-0.
Chiefs aren't anything like Denver. This year or last year but you can use them as sort of a reference. :shrug:

DaneMcCloud
09-28-2010, 10:33 PM
We could win by 30, and I still wouldn't think we are contenders.

Yeah, because they'll just turnaround and lose to the Jags, Bills, Raiders and Denver after that to the point where they erase any "good will" they've created with the fans or themselves.

Rausch
09-28-2010, 10:36 PM
Yeah, because they'll just turnaround and lose to the Jags, Bills, Raiders and Denver after that to the point where they erase any "good will" they've created with the fans or themselves.

http://www.tvoneblogs.com/thespin/wp-content/uploads/2008/12/cleodbts_marclamonthill.jpg

tk13
My biggest fear is that Manning is going to find all the little ways to expose the youth of our secondary and torch us. Or at least force 2-3 big mistakes that really hurt us.

BossChief
As a whole, meaning the most yards put up in a single season by a collection of running backs?

Yes.

And yes, I do believe the Chiefs can beat Indy IF Cassel doesn't shit himself.

If he plays like he did Sunday, Chiefs win.

Folks, Dane is officially a converted HOMER!

(just kidding around, of course)

DaneMcCloud
09-28-2010, 10:37 PM
I'm talking about past Indy. Can't help but cite Denver last year starting out 6-0.
Chiefs aren't anything like Denver. This year or last year but you can use them as sort of a reference. :shrug:

You know, no offense, but sometimes, people are fucking superstitious, which is just plain DUMB.

The Broncos lost their best receiver for the last game of the season and their defense fell apart due to internal friction and players.

These guys are different. The Chiefs have FOUR first rounders on the defense and two second rounders. Vrabel, as much as I disliked the acquisition, is Romeo on the field. DJ is playing like he was expected to play five years ago. Flowers is an All-Pro and Carr isn't far behind. Berry is improving each week and by the start of next season, the Chiefs WILL HAVE the BEST secondary in the NFL, bar none.

This team is ascending, whereas the Broncos were a hodgepodge of players put together in the 2009 offseason and expected to gel.

PS - It doesn't work that way.

DaneMcCloud
09-28-2010, 10:39 PM

Folks, Dane is officially a converted HOMER!

(just kidding around, of course)

Actually, and the old timer's should be able to account for this, I'm always an optimist. It's just that 2009 was the darkest period I can remember as a Chiefs fan going back to 1975-1976 and I expressed my dissatisfaction in this forum.

Most people outside of this forum know me as a diehard Chiefs fan.

But with that said, I'm a realist first.

BossChief
09-28-2010, 10:40 PM
I'm talking about past Indy. Can't help but cite Denver last year starting out 6-0.

MKid went 6-0 with Shannys players....once that wore off, the team fell apart.

We are in the second year of a completely new regime and things are definitely sinking in DEEP across the board. By playoff time (if we stay healthy) we will be a team nobody wants to play (if Cassel continues to progress with Weis coaching his flaws out of him slowly)

I dont see this team being knocked down in any resemblance to Denver last year.

alanm
09-28-2010, 10:46 PM
Actually, and the old timer's should be able to account for this, I'm always an optimist. It's just that 2009 was the darkest period I can remember as a Chiefs fan going back to 1975-1976 and I expressed my dissatisfaction in this forum.

But with that said, I'm a realist first.If they beat Indy I'll begrudge them with a little more optimism. But it still only means their 4-0 with 12 more to play. After 10 if their 6-4 or 7-3 I'll start looking at them as a playoff team. :)
Course they could be better than that.

BossChief
09-28-2010, 10:47 PM

But with that said, I'm a realist first.

I can definitely relate. The last few years have done a number on my optimism too, things are surely coming back around though and its nice to see some of us being able to be openly optimistic again.

BossChief
09-28-2010, 10:49 PM
If they beat Indy I'll begrudge them with a little more optimism. But it still only means their 4-0 with 12 more to play. After 10 if their 6-4 or 7-3 I'll start looking at them as a playoff team. :)
Course they could be better than that.

Dude, look at our schedule. Please.

If we beat Indy and Houston, we may very well run the streak to 9-0 or 10-0.

If we beat Indy and find ourselves at 6-4 or 7-3 at that point, it will be disappointing.

alanm
09-28-2010, 10:53 PM
Dude, look at our schedule. Please.

If we beat Indy and Houston, we may very well run the streak to 9-0 or 10-0.

If we beat Indy and find ourselves at 6-4 or 7-3 at that point, it will be disappointing.That's my point entirely. I'm not looking past Indy.
And no one else should be either. Especially the Chiefs.
It doesn't matter who's on the schedule. Every team we play is capable of beating us.

BossChief
09-28-2010, 10:57 PM
That's my point entirely. I'm not looking past Indy.
And no one else should be either. Especially the Chiefs.
It doesn't matter who's on the schedule. Every team we play is capable of beating us.

I could see us having one "let down game" if we do beat Indy ...somewhere in the next five or six games, but not 3 or 4 of em.

DaneMcCloud
09-28-2010, 11:45 PM
The Chiefs will shred in the run game, especially JC, without Bob Sanders.

He and Big Mac may have breakout games.

Priest31kc
09-29-2010, 12:15 AM
I wonder if we'll get Nantz & Simms for this game, meaning the biggest game on CBS that week. Ahh, I can't wait for this game already, but I'm glad we have 2 weeks to prepare.

DaKCMan AP
09-29-2010, 06:00 AM
When does NBC start their flex scheduling? If the Chiefs continue to win we might actually get a Sunday night game.

SenselessChiefsFan
09-29-2010, 06:05 AM
This game vs. Indy - Eric Berry will come into his own.

The Chiefs will win.

And we will all know what it feels like to have finally shut Knowmo the f*** up.

I haven't seen that much knowmo this season.

the Talking Can
09-29-2010, 06:07 AM

ROFL

not sure if I should laugh or call the police on that one

SenselessChiefsFan
09-29-2010, 06:09 AM

I didn't say they would lose. Even if they go 13-3 and make the playoffs and get a first round bye, that doesn't mean they are true contenders. Look no further than the 1995 Chiefs.

Slainte
09-29-2010, 06:13 AM
When does NBC start their flex scheduling? If the Chiefs continue to win we might actually get a Sunday night game.

Week 11.

DaKCMan AP
09-29-2010, 06:13 AM
I didn't say they would lose. Even if they go 13-3 and make the playoffs and get a first round bye, that doesn't mean they are true contenders. Look no further than the 1995 Chiefs.

Losing doesn't mean they weren't contenders.

SenselessChiefsFan
09-29-2010, 06:27 AM
Losing doesn't mean they weren't contenders.

When you look at 1995, do you really think that they had a shot? At the time, I bought in, but Bono as QB?

In 1997, I think they were the best team in the league with Gannon. I think they were even contenders with Grbac.

In 2003, I guess they were contenders. I think they matched up better with New England than with Indy.

So, it isn't just losing. But, in 1995, they were total pretenders.

Rausch
09-29-2010, 06:32 AM
When you look at 1995, do you really think that they had a shot? At the time, I bought in, but Bono as QB?

When you miss 3 fucking FG's.....argh.....I.....WILL.....NOT.....FAAAAAAAAAAAAAHG!:cuss:

In 1997, I think they were the best team in the league with Gannon. I think they were even contenders with Grbac.

We got hosed. Phantom holding calls, stupid calls by Marty, and players kept off the field (Hill) who'd proven that game they could make plays.

That was like showing up to a party in a Lotus and then driving it into the pool...

In 2003, I guess they were contenders. I think they matched up better with New England than with Indy.

In 2003 EVERY game was a 50/50 gamble.

Best offense and worst defense.

DaKCMan AP
09-29-2010, 06:38 AM

Trent Dilfer, Brad Johnson.

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-29-2010, 06:54 AM

Shhh...you'll open teh Manning Floodgates with you-know-who...

Jerm
09-29-2010, 07:03 AM
I think the Chiefs are contenders if the split the next two, either way.

The AFC is WIDE open this year...who's to say we can't make a run? The players are obviously buying in and this defense is straight BEAST MODE right now.

I do think Romeo and Weis will cook up a great set of schemes for the Colts, that I have no doubt...I'm wayyyy more confident going into this game with this staff.

I'd love to see us get this one...everyone who has a shred of doubt would have to acknowledge once and for all that this team is for real.

mlyonsd
09-29-2010, 07:10 AM
That was like showing up to a party in a Lotus and then driving it into the pool...

ROFL

I can laugh now. But I took my entire family to that game and left Arrowhead feeling the franchise would be jinxed until at least after I died.

Mile High Mania
09-29-2010, 07:15 AM

where did they play Indy? @ home.

ROFL You always hang your hat on this one...

Somehow they have to find 4 non-division home games... they're traveling to TN and to BAL this season, they get IND, NYJ and HOU at home.

In 2009, the Broncos played @ IND, @ BAL, @ PHI, @ CIN..

I think you would find a glaring problem with the scheduling even if you were allowed to set it up.

I guess the only right thing the NFL could have done this season was to send them to IND, BAL, TN, HOU and NYJ... oh wait, that would have been impossible.

LOCOChief
09-29-2010, 07:27 AM
Shhh...you'll open teh Manning Floodgates with you-know-who...

Hey that's the first I've seen of the Don Banks quote, very cool!

OnTheWarpath58
09-29-2010, 08:25 AM
I think, like Dane, that we win a close game.

I just hope that Indy doesn't bring us back down to earth and give the blueprint on how to beat us.

Christ, WE all know the blueprint to stopping us.

Sell out against the run and make Mark Castle beat you.

Why 3 NFL defensive coordinators haven't done this yet is baffling to me.

ChiefsCountry
09-29-2010, 11:01 AM
Can we make the playoffs? Im sure we could but the real question is can Cassel beat Manning, Brady, Sanchez or Big Ben in the playoffs? If the answer is no then we are right back to being the 90s Chiefs and bitching about field goal kickers losing playoff games.
Posted via Mobile Device

Mile High Mania
09-29-2010, 11:05 AM
I think the Chiefs are contenders if the split the next two, either way.

The AFC is WIDE open this year...who's to say we can't make a run? The players are obviously buying in and this defense is straight BEAST MODE right now.

I do think Romeo and Weis will cook up a great set of schemes for the Colts, that I have no doubt...I'm wayyyy more confident going into this game with this staff.

I'd love to see us get this one...everyone who has a shred of doubt would have to acknowledge once and for all that this team is for real.

That's the key and I don't think we really know at all what any of the divisional teams are capable of doing in the remaining 13 games.

The Bad Guy
09-29-2010, 11:43 AM
What's sad is your 0-3 fantasy team despite incessantly spamming the board for advice.

I didn't ask for advice once on my 0-3 team. I'm in more than one league. That might be difficult to wrap your head around. I'm 3-0 in 2 others and 2-1 in another.

I'll get in a fantasy league with you, and the likely 3 friends you have in real life, and take all of your money whenever you want.

How does one spam looking for opinions? That's pretty interesting.

Sorry that my posting life doesn't consist of updating the Miami Heat thread and talking about how awesome you pretend to be.

FAX
09-29-2010, 11:56 AM

Generally speaking, I make it a rule not to steal other peoples' material, but in this case, I'm making an exception.

FAX

13and3
09-29-2010, 01:02 PM
Can we make the playoffs? Im sure we could but the real question is can Cassel beat Manning, Brady, Sanchez or Big Ben in the playoffs? If the answer is no then we are right back to being the 90s Chiefs and bitching about field goal kickers losing playoff games.
Posted via Mobile Device

Nfl football is not a one on one sport. Cassel doesn't have to beat manning, Romeo beats manning, or dj or tamba with a sack or strip, brandons with an interception, dexter or jamal with a run after the catch for a td, or arenas/mcluster return for td can and will beat indi.

Rausch
09-29-2010, 01:09 PM
Generally speaking, I make it a rule not to steal other peoples' material, but in this case, I'm making an exception.

FAX

It's cool.

I write for the betterment of mankind as a whole.

:sulk:

Chiefs Pantalones
09-29-2010, 01:19 PM

Oh my. People are jumping the gun way too quickly. We're only four weeks into the season.

PGM
09-29-2010, 01:22 PM
Posted via Mobile Device

Please do not put Sanchez in the same league as 3 Super Bowl winners and proven stud QB's. At least not at this time, thank you.

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-29-2010, 06:12 PM
Nfl football is not a one on one sport. Cassel doesn't have to beat manning, Romeo beats manning, or dj or tamba with a sack or strip, brandons with an interception, dexter or jamal with a run after the catch for a td, or arenas/mcluster return for td can and will beat indi.

You're kinda half right...

BossChief
09-29-2010, 06:28 PM
The Chiefs will shred in the run game, especially JC, without Bob Sanders.

He and Big Mac may have breakout games.Mark it down, the Colts defense will begin to play the run effectively again once Pat Angerer (pronounced like Anger) gets into the starting lineup.

That kid is gonna be a damn fine player.

He was the other Hawkeye I clamored about all offseason because the kid is a fucking stud linebacker.

I dont think that works though. If you sell out to stop the run...then Moeaki, DMC and Bowe will exploit you on the short stuff because one of them will be either wide open or in a severely lopsided matchup. That is a scenario that I think even Matt can exploit.

I dont think the Colts have the guys to make that work.

RINGLEADER
09-29-2010, 06:35 PM
Beating either the Colts or Texans on the road will show amazing growth for this unit. NOT losing very winnable games at Arrowhead against the Jags and Bills will show that they have matured into the kind of team that doesn't let the easier games slip away. Cementing it with road wins within the division against the Raiders and Broncos (and I think the Raider game is the harder of the two personally) will make us contenders.

Think about this: If we split the next three pairs of games (2 road, then 2 home, then 2 road) we're sitting at 6-3. Personally, it won't surprise me if we're sitting at 7-2 after those games. When you look at who the Chargers, Broncos, and Raiders are playing during the same stretch I'll be surprised if KC doesn't have a lead twice the size of the one it does now.

For those who care to know -- the next six games for our divisional foes are:

Broncos: @ Titans, @ Ravens, Jets, Raiders, @ 49ers, Chiefs (I predict 3-6 after this)
Chargers: Arizona, @ Raiders, @ Rams, Patriots, Titans, @ Texans (I predict 5-4 after this)
Raiders: Texans, Chargers, @ 49ers, @ Broncos, Seahawks, Chiefs (I predict 3-6 after this)

58-4ever
09-29-2010, 06:37 PM
I find it interesting that more people think that Gaz would use that type of language.

Douche Baggins
09-29-2010, 06:39 PM

I'll tell you why.

The Chiefs use spread formations so much the opposing team constantly has defensive backs all over the field.

And if you put too many guys at the line of scrimmage and Charles hits a hole, he's gone. No one is catching him from behind.

Weis is awesome. He's better than Saunders. He's a fucking stud. Give him gravy with extra gravy.

Halfcan
09-29-2010, 06:45 PM
Colts dont have much of a running game and cant stop the run-both are area's the Chiefs have been good at so far. We have two weeks to put in some blitz plays and rest up.

I like our chances.

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-29-2010, 06:45 PM
I'll tell you why.

The Chiefs use spread formations so much the opposing team constantly has defensive backs all over the field.

And if you put too many guys at the line of scrimmage and Charles hits a hole, he's gone. No one is catching him from behind.

Weis is awesome. He's better than Saunders. He's a fucking stud. Give him gravy with extra gravy.

LMAO

Douche Baggins
09-29-2010, 06:48 PM
And a side of gravy.

I love our fat geniuses.

Appreciate them now because I'd bet both get HC jobs within 3-4 years.

Chief Chief
09-29-2010, 07:18 PM
Beating either the Colts or Texans on the road will show amazing growth for this unit. NOT losing very winnable games at Arrowhead against the Jags and Bills will show that they have matured into the kind of team that doesn't let the easier games slip away. Cementing it with road wins within the division against the Raiders and Broncos (and I think the Raider game is the harder of the two personally) will make us contenders.

Think about this: If we split the next three pairs of games (2 road, then 2 home, then 2 road) we're sitting at 6-3. Personally, it won't surprise me if we're sitting at 7-2 after those games. When you look at who the Chargers, Broncos, and Raiders are playing during the same stretch I'll be surprised if KC doesn't have a lead twice the size of the one it does now.

For those who care to know -- the next six games for our divisional foes are:

Broncos: @ Titans, @ Ravens, Jets, Raiders, @ 49ers, Chiefs (I predict 3-6 after this)
Chargers: Arizona, @ Raiders, @ Rams, Patriots, Titans, @ Texans (I predict 5-4 after this)
Raiders: Texans, Chargers, @ 49ers, @ Broncos, Seahawks, Chiefs (I predict 3-6 after this)

Why go into these hypotheticals? Why look at only the next 6 games when all teams in all divisions have 13 left? WHY?

The Chiefs could go UNDEFEATED in their next 7 games and still not have a playoff slot locked up. Likewise, they could LOSE their next 7 games and still not be out of the playoff picture. Dozens of key players could get injured and OCs/DCs/HCs could get fired in that span, making a difference in the outcomes of games. There are just too many variables in play that make it impossible to predict/assume certain games are 'definite'/'most likely' wins or losses.

Just ask the 2009 Dumver Bonkos and their so-called 'fans'.

Mile High Mania
09-29-2010, 07:21 PM
Man, this place is going to be some kind of special after the Indy game... Kyle, you better beef up the servers that day.

SenselessChiefsFan
09-29-2010, 07:25 PM
Trent Dilfer, Brad Johnson.

Trent Dilfer and Brad Johnson are to Steve Bono as Peyton Manning and Tom Brady are to Matt Cassel.

Dilfer and Johnson are both much better QB's.

Chief Chief
09-29-2010, 07:28 PM

What's baffling to me is this Mark Castle guy. Now just WHO the %&$@ is THAT?!?!!

-King-
09-29-2010, 07:34 PM
Please do not put Sanchez in the same league as 3 Super Bowl winners and proven stud QB's. At least not at this time, thank you.

THIS X100

What's baffling to me is this Mark Castle guy. Now just WHO the %&$@ is THAT?!?!!

ROFL

BigRock
09-29-2010, 07:46 PM
I think Indy's shit defense and Crennel having a history of befuddling Peyton might be able to translate into an upset. But I don't know that winning would make us contenders. I think it'd make us more of a promising team that happened to match up incredibly well in this one circumstance.

I don't think we match up nearly as well with say the Steelers or the Ravens. And to be a contender, I think you have to be able to match up with all the other contenders.

If we beat Houston and go 5-0, I'd probably change my mind.

FAX
09-29-2010, 07:53 PM
Never underestimate the power of Romeo, Mr. BigRock.

Manning won't know where art we on defense. Then we'll stick the blade in and twist.

Go Chiefs.

FAX

RINGLEADER
09-29-2010, 11:50 PM
Why go into these hypotheticals? Why look at only the next 6 games when all teams in all divisions have 13 left? WHY?

The Chiefs could go UNDEFEATED in their next 7 games and still not have a playoff slot locked up. Likewise, they could LOSE their next 7 games and still not be out of the playoff picture. Dozens of key players could get injured and OCs/DCs/HCs could get fired in that span, making a difference in the outcomes of games. There are just too many variables in play that make it impossible to predict/assume certain games are 'definite'/'most likely' wins or losses.

Just ask the 2009 Dumver Bonkos and their so-called 'fans'.

The thread posed the question of whether or not the Chiefs were contenders after their next game. I opened it up to the next six. Personally, if we get past the next 6 I think we'll know where we stand (though your point is obviously fair).

King_Chief_Fan
09-30-2010, 06:34 AM
one game at a time

KCBOSS1
09-30-2010, 07:48 AM
It will be the first real test