PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Kansas City is not this year’s Denver

Shaid
09-28-2010, 10:20 PM
http://nationalsportsreview.com/sports/us/NFL/2010/09/28/kansas-city-is-not-this-year%e2%80%99s-denver/

Kansas City is not this year’s Denver
By: Russ Loede

Play calling wizardry nothing short of masterful in K.C.

Weapons aplenty: Offensively, this team is LOADED with guys who can rise the fans out of their seats. From Jamaal Charles to Thomas Jones, Dexter McCluster to Tony Moeaki, Bowe to Chambers, someone’s always due to provide a jolt, a lift when the team needs it the most. Special teams are superb, plays just happen when you throw Javier Arenas and McCluster back there in the return department. You see the innovative ways the coaching staff is getting these electrifying playmakers involved. This team is having FUN. I love how Weis is getting his athletes with game-altering speed into the open field. The more open this offense is, the better it helps out their “supposed” biggest weakness: Matt Cassel. People tend to forget he’s very mobile, and the more you allow him to be nimble and use his feet, the more comfortable he is. It also helps when Moeaki is making one-handed highlight reel touchdown snags. Oh, and we haven’t even addressed Cassel’s best friend: the run game. Charles and Jones complement each other as well as any other RB tandem in the league. The dynamic duo provides the team with stability, consistency, and balance.

Chargers are down more than usual: Ok, I know San Diego is notorious for getting off to slow starts. But losing to Seattle? I mean, Leon Washington beat them. Norv Turner’s club can’t even cover kicks, let alone run the football. The path to the AFC West crown goes through the division champion Chargers, the squad who currently holds the crown. Kansas City already is one up on San Diego. I feel as if the Chiefs owe it to their fans to win this year. They have been waiting so long. So bad, for so long. The Trent Green/Priest Holmes era has been over for quite some time. It’s been long overdue. This is the year Philip Rivers’ reign comes to an end. They don’t have the playmakers the Chiefs possess and the defense looks rather average. There’s something going on behind the scenes, I can’t exactly put a finger on it, but the holdouts could have more to do with the clamoring Chargers than we know about.

Denver’s run atop the AFC West relied upon stars: Brandon Marshall, Champ Bailey, Brian Dawkins, D.J. Williams, Elvis Dumervil had to have bring their a-games week in and week out in order for the Broncos to win. It was not a balanced effort, like the way the Chiefs are doing it. No unsung heroes. In K.C., you have guys filling in and stepping up all over the place. More of a “destiny” feel to this club. Whereas in Denver, you had the sense they were “destined” to fall. You almost knew for awhile it was coming down, bound to choke. No “back to earth” talk with these Chiefs, this is a real, true “reality” show. Also, the Chiefs have a solid ground game intact, Broncos were always hit or miss. There’s more a team atmosphere around Arrowhead Stadium. This is the year for change. Todd Haley has a good thing going. Playing like loose cannons, you have to admire the team’s camaraderie and togetherness as a team. The dots are connecting, the pieces are in place, unlike in Denver. If the Chiefs best don’t show up one Sunday, they have the necessary back-up to get the job done. Don’t be so fast to compare Kansas City with last year’s Broncos.

:D

DaFace
09-28-2010, 10:23 PM
I'm starting to feel like a drafturbator. I'm as happy as anyone, but let's see if we can beat a good team in normal weather before we go too crazy.

InChiefsHell
09-28-2010, 10:24 PM
Ok, the Chiefs look good, better than any team in the division to this point...now everybody shut the fuck up about it already! Karma's a bitch. I want these guys playing like underdogs all damn year...

Count Zarth
09-28-2010, 10:25 PM
Can we just get on the cover of SI already so the jinx is complete?

kysirsoze
09-28-2010, 10:25 PM
I'm starting to feel like a drafturbator. I'm as happy as anyone, but let's see if we can beat a good team in normal weather before we go too crazy.

TAKE YOUR COMMON SENSE AND GTFO!!!!!:cuss:

Count Zarth
09-28-2010, 10:26 PM
Wait, this was written by a Chiefs fan.

Disregard.

threebag02
09-28-2010, 10:28 PM
Damn it feels good to be a CHIEFS fan.

SNR
09-28-2010, 10:31 PM
I'm starting to feel like a drafturbator. I'm as happy as anyone, but let's see if we can beat a good team in normal weather before we go too crazy.Becoming a drafturbator is great. I wouldn't have been able to survive the 10 wins in three years any other way.

T-post Tom
09-28-2010, 10:38 PM
Damn it feels good to be a CHIEFS fan.

NSFW

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/4S16nMGXYFs?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/4S16nMGXYFs?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

alanm
09-28-2010, 11:00 PM
The only thing Dumervil is bringing this year is nachos and a cold beer.
But this guy must of missed the memo.

DaFace
09-28-2010, 11:02 PM
The only thing Dumervil is bringing this year is nachos and a cold beer.
But this guy must of missed the memo.

He's comparing the 2010 Chiefs to the 2009 Broncos.

Shaid
09-28-2010, 11:14 PM
Hey, I'm going to enjoy being a Chiefs fan this week and then go back to doom and gloom before we play the Colts. I don't think I've ever enjoyed a Bye week more.

KcMizzou
09-28-2010, 11:14 PM
NSFW

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/4S16nMGXYFs?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/4S16nMGXYFs?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>:thumb:

Hog Farmer
09-29-2010, 02:39 AM
Well, I'd trade Cassel for Orton, Rivers or even Tebow at this point.

SenselessChiefsFan
09-29-2010, 06:16 AM
Wait, this was written by a Chiefs fan.

Disregard.

How could you not get two sentences in to that article and have any question about who wrote it.

Of course it was a Chiefs fan, and a 'true fan' at that.

Rausch
09-29-2010, 06:23 AM
NSFW

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/4S16nMGXYFs?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/4S16nMGXYFs?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

:clap:

Chiefs Rool
09-29-2010, 08:36 AM
Ok, the Chiefs look good, better than any team in the division to this point...now everybody shut the **** up about it already! Karma's a bitch. I want these guys playing like underdogs all damn year...

why would karma have anything to do with it?

The Bad Guy
09-29-2010, 08:44 AM

The weather excuse is pretty played out to be honest. I always laugh at those type of excuses like it didn't hinder the Chiefs at all.

Rausch
09-29-2010, 08:46 AM
Channel 9 has teh BREAST EXAMS MOTHER****ERS!1!

Feel the warmth of Kenny Loggins washing all your pain and worry away...

otherstar
09-29-2010, 08:52 AM
The weather excuse is pretty played out to be honest. I always laugh at those type of excuses like it didn't hinder the Chiefs at all.

Yes, it is. Look, good teams win in bad weather. I seem to recall a game in the 90's sometime when the Chiefs played the Chargers in a torrential downpour...I remember them showing water running out of the stands on TV...and the Chiefs won the low-scoring game simply because we had guys like Marcus Allen who could run the ball in sloppy conditions and avoid turnovers.

DaFace
09-29-2010, 08:55 AM

Bad weather favors teams with a good running game and hinders teams with a good passing game. Guess who is who.

boogblaster
09-29-2010, 09:01 AM
we b da running team right ...

Von Dumbass
09-30-2010, 02:25 PM
Jim Trotter says this Chiefs team is going to wind up like Denver did last year.

http://www.xxsportsradio.com/common/global_audio/40/22335.mp3

Hog Farmer
09-30-2010, 02:31 PM
Jim Trotter says this Chiefs team is going to wind up like Denver did last year.

Jim Trotter must be related to Josh McDaniels. Because they're both Morons.

Stinger
09-30-2010, 02:42 PM

Well if Jim Trotter says so........... Just pack up it up boys we are done here.

Did you even listen to that ..... Jim said he would not believe in KC if Cassel didn't improve. He said they COULD end up like Denver, not they WOULD. That was the only comparison. He was actually very complimentary of the Chiefs and said if said Cassel is competent that KC could compete this year. He made many differentials between the Chiefs and Broncos

You are the epitome of a Dumbass.....

Mr. Laz
09-30-2010, 02:46 PM
"This team is loaded............"

going a bit far ... other than upsetting the chargers in the rain on opening night we haven't done that much yet.

Hey, i'm happy that we are improved but let's not get carried away.

Hug it Out Dan
09-30-2010, 03:41 PM
http://nationalsportsreview.com/sports/us/NFL/2010/09/28/kansas-city-is-not-this-year%e2%80%99s-denver/

Kansas City is not this year’s Denver
By: Russ Loede

Play calling wizardry nothing short of masterful in K.C.

Weapons aplenty: Offensively, this team is LOADED with guys who can rise the fans out of their seats. From Jamaal Charles to Thomas Jones, Dexter McCluster to Tony Moeaki, Bowe to Chambers, someone’s always due to provide a jolt, a lift when the team needs it the most. Special teams are superb, plays just happen when you throw Javier Arenas and McCluster back there in the return department. You see the innovative ways the coaching staff is getting these electrifying playmakers involved. This team is having FUN. I love how Weis is getting his athletes with game-altering speed into the open field. The more open this offense is, the better it helps out their “supposed” biggest weakness: Matt Cassel. People tend to forget he’s very mobile, and the more you allow him to be nimble and use his feet, the more comfortable he is. It also helps when Moeaki is making one-handed highlight reel touchdown snags. Oh, and we haven’t even addressed Cassel’s best friend: the run game. Charles and Jones complement each other as well as any other RB tandem in the league. The dynamic duo provides the team with stability, consistency, and balance.

Chargers are down more than usual: Ok, I know San Diego is notorious for getting off to slow starts. But losing to Seattle? I mean, Leon Washington beat them. Norv Turner’s club can’t even cover kicks, let alone run the football. The path to the AFC West crown goes through the division champion Chargers, the squad who currently holds the crown. Kansas City already is one up on San Diego. I feel as if the Chiefs owe it to their fans to win this year. They have been waiting so long. So bad, for so long. The Trent Green/Priest Holmes era has been over for quite some time. It’s been long overdue. This is the year Philip Rivers’ reign comes to an end. They don’t have the playmakers the Chiefs possess and the defense looks rather average. There’s something going on behind the scenes, I can’t exactly put a finger on it, but the holdouts could have more to do with the clamoring Chargers than we know about.

Denver’s run atop the AFC West relied upon stars: Brandon Marshall, Champ Bailey, Brian Dawkins, D.J. Williams, Elvis Dumervil had to have bring their a-games week in and week out in order for the Broncos to win. It was not a balanced effort, like the way the Chiefs are doing it. No unsung heroes. In K.C., you have guys filling in and stepping up all over the place. More of a “destiny” feel to this club. Whereas in Denver, you had the sense they were “destined” to fall. You almost knew for awhile it was coming down, bound to choke. No “back to earth” talk with these Chiefs, this is a real, true “reality” show. Also, the Chiefs have a solid ground game intact, Broncos were always hit or miss. There’s more a team atmosphere around Arrowhead Stadium. This is the year for change. Todd Haley has a good thing going. Playing like loose cannons, you have to admire the team’s camaraderie and togetherness as a team. The dots are connecting, the pieces are in place, unlike in Denver. If the Chiefs best don’t show up one Sunday, they have the necessary back-up to get the job done. Don’t be so fast to compare Kansas City with last year’s Broncos.

:D

Hahaha.....not surprising at all, but absolutely NO reference to the Raiders at all.

Hug it Out Dan
09-30-2010, 03:56 PM
Yes, it is. Look, good teams win in bad weather. I seem to recall a game in the 90's sometime when the Chiefs played the Chargers in a torrential downpour...I remember them showing water running out of the stands on TV...and the Chiefs won the low-scoring game simply because we had guys like Marcus Allen who could run the ball in sloppy conditions and avoid turnovers.

IIRC that was against the Seahawks.

Phillip Rivers still threw for a good# of yards against us that night, despite the wind/rain.

Of course they were playing behind the whole game. That plays a part in there as well. Either way, their coach was willing to air it out a little, ours was scared to given who we had behind center.

I hope this little bit of success gives Cassel some confidence and he continues to improve, for the sake of the team and Chiefs fans that have had to sit through 4-5 yrs of crap.

This is where we fucking turn it around boys. Let's keep having good drafts, let's sign some good FA's, let's take the division for years to come and become a conference power!!!!!!!!!!!!

BYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!
http://i204.photobucket.com/albums/bb241/bulldog2491/howard_dean_BYAH.jpg

Contrarian
09-30-2010, 04:17 PM
Bad weather favors teams with a good running game and hinders teams with a good passing game. Guess who is who.

So you're saying we won the game on our own merits then?
You could look at it as the Chiefs won the game due to their running or the Chargers lost the game due to bad passing all because of bad weather. But I recall the Chiefs winning the game due to a great defensive play and a pass from CASSEL to the TE in the endzone.
No, I think we won that game pretty soundly.

Shaid
09-30-2010, 07:12 PM
BYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!
http://i204.photobucket.com/albums/bb241/bulldog2491/howard_dean_BYAH.jpg

ROFL

Nightfyre
09-30-2010, 07:25 PM
So you're saying we won the game on our own merits then?
You could look at it as the Chiefs won the game due to their running or the Chargers lost the game due to bad passing all because of bad weather. But I recall the Chiefs winning the game due to a great defensive play and a pass from CASSEL to the TE in the endzone.
No, I think we won that game pretty soundly.

Obviously you watched a different game than I did. If relying on Philip Rivers to struggle to hit open receivers is winning soundly, I would ask for something more than soundly.

The Bad Guy
09-30-2010, 08:19 PM

I know you'd love that, but it will never happen.

The Chiefs coaching staff is about 100x better than Denvers. The Chiefs have an easier November and December schedule.

I don't give a fuck what Jim Trotter says. He's a San Diego homer writer, who sucks the penis, just like you.

SenselessChiefsFan
09-30-2010, 08:53 PM

If you mean, out of the playoffs, I agree. The Chiefs COULD finish like the Broncos.

However, if you mean, completely implode down the stretch and go 2-8 in the last 10 games... then, no.... they won't have any similarities at all.