PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Tamba Hali wins AFC Defensive player of the week Award

-King-
09-29-2010, 10:55 AM
Chiefs LB Tamba Hali Wins AFC Defensive Player Of The Week

by Joel Thorman on Sep 29, 2010 11:51 AM CDT in 2010 Kansas City Chiefs Season

http://cdn2.sbnation.com/entry_photo_images/607224/gyi0061820477.jpg

More photos Joe Robbins - Getty Images

Browse more photos

it's a good month for the Kansas City Chiefs.

The NFL has announced that LB Tamba Hali has been awarded the AFC's Defensive Player of the Week award.

Hali dominated Alex Smith and the San Francisco 49ers last week with three sacks. Oh, and there were a few holding penalties on him that weren't called.

Hali now has a whopping 8.5 sacks in the last eight games.

The Chiefs have said that you don't necessarily have to sack the quarterback to affect the play. Hali is a good example of that as he's usually near the top in quarterback pressures.

Good award for Hali, who definitely deserves it.

Hug it Out Dan
09-29-2010, 10:59 AM
Sweet!

Hug it Out Dan
09-29-2010, 11:00 AM
Trevor Pryce got cut from the Ravens.

Anyone think we should sign him to add some depth on our DL?

ElGringo
09-29-2010, 11:02 AM
It will be nice to have both Defensive and Rookie of the week.

Jewish Rabbi
09-29-2010, 11:03 AM
Trevor Pryce got cut from the Ravens.

Anyone think we should sign him to add some depth on our DL?

Dude, change your avatar.

-King-
09-29-2010, 11:04 AM
Dude, change your avatar.

I blocked his avatar. That is just sick. FfVb FTW!

doomy3
09-29-2010, 11:07 AM
What a crock of shit. This is the dumbest award ever, and no way Hali should have won it. What were the voters thinking? / Chiefs' fans on CP

big nasty kcnut
09-29-2010, 11:09 AM
Whoooooooooooooooo! yeah baby.

Jewish Rabbi
09-29-2010, 11:14 AM
I blocked his avatar. That is just sick. FfVb FTW!

I'm on an i Pad or I would. I'll just block him if he doesn't change it.

Pants
09-29-2010, 11:16 AM
Feels good, man.

doomy3
09-29-2010, 02:24 PM
This thread sure isn't getting much play. You would think a thread about a Chiefs' player that wins an award after a great game like this would be getting more posts on a Chiefs' message board.

philfree
09-29-2010, 02:29 PM
This thread sure isn't getting much play. You would think a thread about a Chiefs' player that wins an award after a great game like this would be getting more posts on a Chiefs' message board.

There's another thread about Hali so maybe that's the reason. 8.5 sacks in 8 games? That's pertty damn good. :clap: Hali Ho, Hali High!

PhilFree:arrow:

Count Zarth
09-29-2010, 03:09 PM
He sucks. He's slow.

Marcellus
09-29-2010, 03:11 PM
Hali sucks. JC needs more carries. The draft was a bust. Cassel sucks. Haley is an asshole.Pioli is arrogant.

Good day.

Marcellus
09-29-2010, 03:13 PM

I did not know this.

doomy3
09-29-2010, 03:14 PM

I did not know this.

Yes, but 3 of them were in one game, so they don't count for as much.

Mecca
09-29-2010, 03:15 PM
Tamba Hali has done a good job of turning himself into a solid piece, this team is basically now one standout rusher away from being a legit top 5 defense.

Red Brooklyn
09-29-2010, 03:21 PM
Good work, #91. Proud of you.

keg in kc
09-29-2010, 03:26 PM
If he was more athletic, he'd have gotten so many sacks against those young tackles that they'd have to give him the award again this week, even though the team is on a bye. And they might have renamed it the "Alex Smith memorial Tamba Crush Trophy".

Reaper16
09-29-2010, 03:28 PM
:clap:

BossChief
09-29-2010, 05:20 PM
Tamba Hali has done a good job of turning himself into a solid piece, this team is basically now one standout rusher away from being a legit top 5 defense.

I dont think his play has changed much, if at all. I think he is the same guy he was last year and not much different from the guy that started as a rookie for us and got 8 sacks with no help from the DTs.

I do think the play of those around him has gotten much better and that has enabled him to finish plays better. This is something I have said to you (and others) over and over..."once we get a push up the middle so qbs cant just step up to avoid pressure, and a pass rush presence across from him, he will be a 10-15 sack per year guy." We are half way there. I still think Studebaker is the guy accross from him, as I have also said all along.

These safeties are also helping a lot to give the front 7 more time to finish, that should definitely be noted.

We done Tamba, very well done!

Bring on that crappy Colts line and eventually two games against Clady!

Ugly Duck
09-29-2010, 05:38 PM

Here ya go. Here's a post for ya. Better?

Brock
09-29-2010, 05:39 PM
Great, more fuel for the Egoli.

ChiefGator
09-29-2010, 05:56 PM
Just another excuse for Egoli to keep that piece of shit Cassel around and to keep screwing up our team by not giving Charles enough carries...

Damnit Hali!!

KC Tattoo
09-29-2010, 06:00 PM
Now we need Moeaki to win rookie of the week & we are doing pretty pretty pretty good.

Bane
09-29-2010, 06:14 PM

I did not know this.

That's all?That's only just over 1 a game! /CP dumbass cock suckers
Posted via Mobile Device

tonyetony
09-29-2010, 06:28 PM
That's all?That's only just over 1 a game! /CP dumbass cock suckers
Posted via Mobile Device

Well said, Hali sucks.

Not

KC Tattoo
09-29-2010, 06:47 PM
With Belcher comming along, this could be the tandum we've been looking for. With DJ, we are looking better by the day.

Studebaker will be getting some action I'm sure as old man Vrabel well, gets older.

This defense is only gonna get better....

It's young and tallented.

Our Offense is making strides with a domminating running game.

This team is on the rize, just keep getting better and better. Kudos to the coaching staff.

TheGuardian
09-29-2010, 06:48 PM
I dont think his play has changed much, if at all. I think he is the same guy he was last year and not much different from the guy that started as a rookie for us and got 8 sacks with no help from the DTs.

I do think the play of those around him has gotten much better and that has enabled him to finish plays better. This is something I have said to you (and others) over and over..."once we get a push up the middle so qbs cant just step up to avoid pressure, and a pass rush presence across from him, he will be a 10-15 sack per year guy." We are half way there. I still think Studebaker is the guy accross from him, as I have also said all along.

These safeties are also helping a lot to give the front 7 more time to finish, that should definitely be noted.

We done Tamba, very well done!

Bring on that crappy Colts line and eventually two games against Clady!

Hey now I've been beating this drum forever too. The "Hali is too slow" shit is galactically stupid. Some fans here just have some guys they want to hate on.

8.5 sacks in his last 8 games? Freakin wow. But again, it doesn't matter to some here. The guy could have 16 sacks this year and they would still say he's not a premiere pass rusher, that he's a step too slow, that you can't build a defense around him, blah blah blah stupid stupid.

Funny that now that the defensive line has improved Hali is collecting sacks more easily, and when he's not he's drawing holding penalties and intentional groundings. Now that QB's can't step up into the pocket so easily he's all over opposing them.

Pablo
09-29-2010, 06:53 PM
Tamba's gonna hippo-fuck offensives lines this year.

-King-
09-29-2010, 06:56 PM
The magic is in the visor.

KC Tattoo
09-29-2010, 07:00 PM

That rusher very well could be Belcher. We shall find out. He is playing very good. I'd like to see them play opposite sides more often, we can get blitz happy, DJ is good for covering TEs. Vrabrel is mostly at the right spot at the right time to defend the run.

Belcher did get the other sack right.

KC Tattoo
09-29-2010, 07:04 PM
That rusher very well could be Belcher. We shall find out. He is playing very good. I'd like to see them play opposite sides more often, we can get blitz happy, DJ is good for covering TEs. Vrabrel is mostly at the right spot at the right time to defend the run.

Belcher did get the other sack right.

Guess it was Studebaker who got the other sack... Cool he can be a player too.

stlchiefs
09-29-2010, 08:00 PM
Always liked the guy. Even when he was getting dumped on here since JA left I've always kept faith that he'd pan out. The guy is just too good of a story to give up on.